NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arenhai
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arenhai » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

I don’t want to make an unrealistic character, so how does this sound as an idea? (Before I start, I am in no way familiar with Oklahoma, but I figured I’d experiment) my character would have a typical upbringing of a politician, well off, father is a lawyer, goes off to a good college. After, he would serve as city counsel man for Oklahoma City before managing to pull off a run for labor commissioner as a Democrat. He would serve this position for a while before at the age of late 40’s or so run for senator (maybe house is better?) of the state. He managed to ride dissatisfaction of the state’s teachers, along with a scandal damaging his already uninspiring opponent, to a slim victory in the election.

Is this too unrealistic?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm

Arenhai wrote:I don’t want to make an unrealistic character, so how does this sound as an idea? (Before I start, I am in no way familiar with Oklahoma, but I figured I’d experiment) my character would have a typical upbringing of a politician, well off, father is a lawyer, goes off to a good college. After, he would serve as city counsel man for Oklahoma City before managing to pull off a run for labor commissioner as a Democrat. He would serve this position for a while before at the age of late 40’s or so run for senator (maybe house is better?) of the state. He managed to ride dissatisfaction of the state’s teachers, along with a scandal damaging his already uninspiring opponent, to a slim victory in the election.

Is this too unrealistic?

cut the scandal, the oklahoma 5th leans republican but currently has a democrat serving. You just need to make them a conservative democrat
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Arenhai
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Arenhai » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Dentali wrote:
Arenhai wrote:I don’t want to make an unrealistic character, so how does this sound as an idea? (Before I start, I am in no way familiar with Oklahoma, but I figured I’d experiment) my character would have a typical upbringing of a politician, well off, father is a lawyer, goes off to a good college. After, he would serve as city counsel man for Oklahoma City before managing to pull off a run for labor commissioner as a Democrat. He would serve this position for a while before at the age of late 40’s or so run for senator (maybe house is better?) of the state. He managed to ride dissatisfaction of the state’s teachers, along with a scandal damaging his already uninspiring opponent, to a slim victory in the election.

Is this too unrealistic?

cut the scandal, the oklahoma 5th leans republican but currently has a democrat serving. You just need to make them a conservative democrat

Got it, thanks

Arenhai
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Arenhai » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Arenhai
Character Name: Charles Wade
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 48
Character Height: 5 foot 5
Character Weight: 163
Character Position/Role/Job: representative
Appearance: trimmed brown hair, stubble, beady blue eyes and a sharp nose. White
Character State of Origin: Oklahoma
Character State of Residence: Oklahoma
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: diligent, thoughtful, and hardworking
Main Weaknesses: bad at quick action, gets sick often
Biography: Charles Wade led the childhood of many future politicians, coming from a well off family. His father was a lawyer who Charles looked up to a lot. Charles was determined to make something out of himself, he studied hard. He always had his nose in a book, reading about, a lot of things really. He was accepted into a university where he studied political science.

Charles would enter into the career of politics, serving as city councilman for Oklahoma City. He got more ambitious, and he made a run for labor commissioner of the state. Making the position, he served very well and was well liked. After this, Charles made a risk, he would run for The House. He ran as a more conservative Democrat and managed to get decent ratings in the local polls. When Election Day came, the vote was very slim, but Charles Wade had won it.
Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Arenhai

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by Arenhai on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Arenhai wrote:
(Image)

Character Position/Role/Job: senator
Appearance: trimmed brown hair, stubble, beady blue eyes and a sharp nose. White
Main Weaknesses: bad at quick action, too hardworking, therefore can get sick often
Biography: Charles Wade led the childhood of many future politicians, coming from a well off family. His father was a lawyer who Charles looked up to a lot. Charles was determined to make something out of himself, he studied hard. He always had his nose in a book, reading about, a lot of things really. He was accepted into a university where he studied political science.

Charles would enter into the career of politics, serving as city councilman for Oklahoma City. He got more ambitious, and he made a run for labor commissioner of the state. Making the position, he served very well and was well liked. After this, Charles made a risk, he would run for senate. He ran as a more conservative Democrat and managed to get decent ratings in the local polls. When Election Day came, the vote was very slim, but Charles Wade had won it.
Other Info:

Main Weaknesses: bad at quick action, too hardworking, therefore can get sick often

too hardworking is not a weakness, also no way he would win senate make him a rep, finally WHEN was he elected

Arenhai
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Arenhai » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Dentali wrote:
Arenhai wrote:
(Image)

Character Position/Role/Job: senator

Charles would enter into the career of politics, serving as city councilman for Oklahoma City. He got more ambitious, and he made a run for labor commissioner of the state. Making the position, he served very well and was well liked. After this, Charles made a risk, he would run for senate. He ran as a more conservative Democrat and managed to get decent ratings in the local polls. When Election Day came, the vote was very slim, but Charles Wade had won it.
Other Info:

too hardworking is not a weakness, also no way he would win senate make him a rep, finally WHEN was he elected

Changed, but what do you mean in the last part?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:01 am

Arenhai wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Changed, but what do you mean in the last part?

Need a year for when he got in. I'd recommend 2012, could give him just enough of an incumbency advantage to survive as a conservative Dem, but older would be better

I think hardworking can work as a weakness with an emphasis on your second part of burning himself out, but I would add an additional one to it

Definitely outline some details on his positions. Conservative record will help
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 am

Voting is wrapped up, I'm gonna try to get out the results tonight

It's tight. I think I'm leaning slightly towards the nomination failing with the current breakdown but it's going to be close. Might be close enough that individual votes even without any real sway end up being significant.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 am

This is actually looking like a weird reverse image of the Belle vote

Fowler was nay on Belle, aye on Mon
Locklear nay on Belle aye on Mon
Am aye on Belle nay on Mon
Prej aye on Belle nay on Mon
Brank aye on Belle nay on Mon
Carter nay on Belle aye on Mon

Very interesting

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:53 am

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... -nominees/

We have this idea that California is this model of a Democratic state, surprising no democratic presidential nominee has ever been from Cali, whereas Republicans have nominated someone from California 6 times.

In fact the Democratic Party has never nominated someone from the West for president. (It also hasn’t nominated a Westerner for vice president.) The Republicans however nominated a Westerner for President 8 times!
Last edited by Dentali on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 am

I am very curious about what Denis offered Brankers

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:40 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I am very curious about what Denis offered Brankers

It is a very juicy deal

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 am

I'm more curious why Denis is pulling out so many things for the UN ambassador vote. I can imagine the deal for everyone else is just as big as Prejean's.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 am

I'm surprised Chand wasn't offered a deal. Also means I haven't gotten to see any deals.

Looks like Am wasn't offered one though unless Pro just didn't post which is interesting

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm surprised Chand wasn't offered a deal. Also means I haven't gotten to see any deals.

Looks like Am wasn't offered one though unless Pro just didn't post which is interesting

If I had any idea what Chandler would want he might of. Also Chandler doesn't really represent any particular 'faction', like Amaras kinda shows where the ultra-cons are voting and Fowler the liberal republicans, chandler doesn't

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm surprised Chand wasn't offered a deal. Also means I haven't gotten to see any deals.

If I had any idea what Chandler would want he might of. Also Chandler doesn't really represent any particular 'faction', like Amaras kinda shows where the ultra-cons are voting and Fowler the liberal republicans, chandler doesn't

True. Chand has some assessment sway on foreign policy more than other issues but he doesn't really have a bloc that votes with him or a faction he's a part of, targeting him would be more of aiming at taking a marginal vote if its close.

I would say McGareth is probably a better target for aiming at libpubs but it looks like Denis did got at him

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Got a little sporadic but well written interview

Good strategically too

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Got a little sporadic but well written interview

Good strategically too

I spent the past 5 days curled up around my toilet throwing my guts up. Occasionally i would feel good enough to work on it a bit. It being sporadic makes sense, and i'm thankful it went as well as it did

In general this is something I hope to do more of, small little contributor interviews commenting on a specific situation. Politicians do it all the time to increase their profile and spin but its been fairly absent in the RP, most interviews are extremely long and weighty. Inclusion of shorter more concise interviews on one or two ongoing topics would be great.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Got a little sporadic but well written interview

Good strategically too

I spent the past 5 days curled up around my toilet throwing my guts up. Occasionally i would feel good enough to work on it a bit. It being sporadic makes sense, and i'm thankful it went as well as it did

In general this is something I hope to do more of, small little contributor interviews commenting on a specific situation. Politicians do it all the time to increase their profile and spin but its been fairly absent in the RP, most interviews are extremely long and weighty. Inclusion of shorter more concise interviews on one or two ongoing topics would be great.

Contributor interviews and spot TV news cycle debates are something I've really wanted to get more of, they just really haven't worked well with the mechanics of how they work in the RP, we had a couple good ones on TNS a while back but nothing really since

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:13 pm

I honestly think I’ve leaned a bit hard with the Anderson Stevenson meeting. I was worried that my obvious Samara bias would affect Anderson’s actions so I biased myself for Anderson to be more pro Stevenson than he might have been otherwise, but I’ve gone a bit far

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Sunshine only got an iou
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:58 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:Sunshine only got an iou

sunshine doesnt want anything, at least that simon knows. She has no bills or anything, shes a very lazy apathetic senator

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Dentali wrote:I honestly think I’ve leaned a bit hard with the Anderson Stevenson meeting. I was worried that my obvious Samara bias would affect Anderson’s actions so I biased myself for Anderson to be more pro Stevenson than he might have been otherwise, but I’ve gone a bit far

It’ll all work out eventually, don’t worry.

Samara is the “big dog” in the race, Anderson’s support helps narrow the odds but at the end of the day he’s not some big name from Boston, he’s from a different state entirely.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:27 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:I honestly think I’ve leaned a bit hard with the Anderson Stevenson meeting. I was worried that my obvious Samara bias would affect Anderson’s actions so I biased myself for Anderson to be more pro Stevenson than he might have been otherwise, but I’ve gone a bit far

It’ll all work out eventually, don’t worry.

Samara is the “big dog” in the race, Anderson’s support helps narrow the odds but at the end of the day he’s not some big name from Boston, he’s from a different state entirely.

dont jinx it, i havent seen any polls since before the campaign started

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Feel free to scale it back, the info he gave her could be just really low level stuff and his brother doesn't have to like her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse