NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm

If Winslow does go down, the power play would be something to watch

The balance between Senate relationships and admin relationships makes it extra interesting...Carter is the natural comeback option but he's got a mixed record. From what we've seen with that secret meeting Denis has a connection with Amaras which would be a pretty crazy situation trying to put him up but it'd probably put the party back on track for passing priorities and leg/exec coop better than they are even if now there's election process. But Am and Winslow seem to be pretty close in Senate, so a knife would have to be going in someone's back from somewhere

It's too bad Utt is still gone. Lane would be great to have.

I really want non English amnesia Spicy to get thrown back in just to make it even more wacko
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Marli and Stev making it into the Senate would make the dynamics even more unlikely fun

Shifts in 18 will be fun, change some stuff, can't wait to reach them

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I literally dont have a choice Winslow has either refused to cooperate or been completely absent for key votes, Spicy was excellent but she is obviously out of commission.

Didn't mean to make it look like I was putting the blame on Denis

He can shoulder some part fairly for inflaming some tensions but for handling the job of running the party in the Senate Winslow's had some serious problems and they're getting bigger/more visible since she lost her crutch

I was so happy when I got Simon, Sanabels excellent BUT hes not on enough to play him. Not his fault at all. The Chief of staff needs to be very active to be effective, i thought i could help the admin through pitfalls but it turns out its just been crazy
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Marli and Stev making it into the Senate would make the dynamics even more unlikely fun

You enjoy the chaos far too much.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Marli and Stev making it into the Senate would make the dynamics even more unlikely fun

Totally forgot that Marli and Stev were/are meeting

I don't think we ever finished that. Think it was your turn Xath?

Also waiting on you Bruke

And Dent you're waiting on me, I'll get to rewrite that post and get it up tmmrw

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Dentali wrote:
Didn't mean to make it look like I was putting the blame on Denis

He can shoulder some part fairly for inflaming some tensions but for handling the job of running the party in the Senate Winslow's had some serious problems and they're getting bigger/more visible since she lost her crutch

I was so happy when I got Simon, Sanabels excellent BUT hes not on enough to play him. Not his fault at all. The Chief of staff needs to be very active to be effective, i thought i could help the admin through pitfalls but it turns out its just been crazy

He's been good, I think you've done a good job with him. He's been effective and good in some areas and has made mistakes/damaged things in others but the way he's done both has seemed like it's fitting with the way the character operates rather than just bad luck/error and its played off well RPwise

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Dentali wrote:

He's been good, I think you've done a good job with him. He's been effective and good in some areas and has made mistakes/damaged things in others but the way he's done both has seemed like it's fitting with the way the character operates rather than just bad luck/error and its played off well RPwise

He/I have like no confidence right now we need a win

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Dentali wrote:

He/I have like no confidence right now we need a win

It's only about to get worse from here

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 pm

And Dent you're waiting on me, I'll get to rewrite that post and get it up tmmrw

Dogboi will have to wait until Friday or Saturday at the earliest.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:56 pm

The offer made to him is a rather tantalizing one to Prejean, posed to him via note, though he first wants to see where Locklear leans.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:The offer made to him is a rather tantalizing one to Prejean, posed to him via note, though he first wants to see where Locklear leans.

she also got an offer...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 pm

I know he's had a bit of a rough stretch, but Denis really has been doing a pretty good job. It would be unfortunate if he did resign because of this.

This hurdle, in particular, is beyond the realm of his control, and frankly Mondale should've been a slam-dunk nomination (likely would have been, if it weren't for a fatal gaffe or two).

Not to mention, the complete absence of Winslow, or an official whip, makes this even further more complicated beyond his control.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:19 pm

I will find it.

Marli would be amazing in the Senate, populist tendencies.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I know he's had a bit of a rough stretch, but Denis really has been doing a pretty good job. It would be unfortunate if he did resign because of this.

This hurdle, in particular, is beyond the realm of his control, and frankly Mondale should've been a slam-dunk nomination (likely would have been, if it weren't for a fatal gaffe or two).

Not to mention, the complete absence of Winslow, or an official whip, makes this even further more complicated beyond his control.

I suppose the torture comment and the Congress having the power to call in the UN were the most controversial comments

Torture is due to her critiques of Shrub. The other is in defense of intervention of the UN in other countries and her intention to use to it to get involved in Russian and Chinese conflicts/regional issues. Unfortunately, it raised the risk of American tendencies, which Amaras capitalized on.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:22 pm

First switch. Hmmm...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I know he's had a bit of a rough stretch, but Denis really has been doing a pretty good job. It would be unfortunate if he did resign because of this.

I suppose the torture comment and the Congress having the power to call in the UN were the most controversial comments

Torture is due to her critiques of Shrub. The other is in defense of intervention of the UN in other countries and her intention to use to it to get involved in Russian and Chinese conflicts/regional issues. Unfortunately, it raised the risk of American tendencies, which Amaras capitalized on.

Yeah, I got where she was trying to go with that (hence why Prejean was actually contemplative of supporting her in spite of Amaras pleading to vote otherwise), but it just didn't quite come out that way for her.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:I suppose the torture comment and the Congress having the power to call in the UN were the most controversial comments

Yeah, I got where she was trying to go with that (hence why Prejean was actually contemplative of supporting her in spite of Amaras pleading to vote otherwise), but it just didn't quite come out that way for her.

As a Reagan/Thatcher fangirl, she really wants to bring that American strength back. But I guess its shifted back a bit to a focus on the homeland.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Yeah, I got where she was trying to go with that (hence why Prejean was actually contemplative of supporting her in spite of Amaras pleading to vote otherwise), but it just didn't quite come out that way for her.

As a Reagan/Thatcher fangirl, she really wants to bring that American strength back. But I guess its shifted back a bit to a focus on the homeland.

Allison played it beautifully

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Give me until tomorrow afternoon to get caught up. I’ll be getting some votes.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-fury

The positive feedback loop is increasing

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:56 am

Dentali wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:As a Reagan/Thatcher fangirl, she really wants to bring that American strength back. But I guess its shifted back a bit to a focus on the homeland.

Allison played it beautifully

Finally getting to play his little tricks

Giving the red state Dems the longer leash he did earlier is gonna pay off now. He gets to pull them back onto the line without snapping it and the conservative pubs that he slanted away give them cover

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 am

Was the Marli tweet flipped? It was supporting Mondale earlier?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Was the Marli tweet flipped? It was supporting Mondale earlier?

huh?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 am

im really kicking myself for missing march madness in the RP, i would have liked to have my characters do brackets

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:22 am

So I have a 10 page essay on the politics surrounding the Waco incident and the subsequent investigations by Congress due Friday so I won’t be able to do much until Saturday but I will be trying my best to get back into this.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse