NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XI OOC

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vaquas
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9791
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Vaquas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 am

Lmao, did Roy Moore ever concede
Amy Klobuchar for President

19-year-old American with too much time on his hands and not enough motivation to waste it properly. Republican, if that even means anything anymore. Token Racial Minority. Token Gay Guy. Texan. 80's Pop Czar. Candy Corn/Disco Apologist and Aspiring Diplomat. Booker Antagonist, Goldwater Shill. Role Models include many dead people nobody cares about but who kinda did some cool stuff I guess.

Rest In Peace Anna Rossi, Gone But Never Forgotten
(1986 - 2017)


Tallahassee News Station is a Boomer

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29169
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 am

It's going to be Byrne or Brooks in Alabama. Generic Republican.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24960
Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:00 am

Vaquas wrote:Lmao, did Roy Moore ever concede

No

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

User avatar
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24960
Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barrasso#cite_note-5

Barrasso was also a rodeo physician for the Professional Rodeo Cowboy's Association (and a member of the "Cowboy Joe Club") and volunteered as a team physician for Casper College as well as several local high schools.[4] He was named the "Wyoming Physician of the Year".


John Barrasso is actually the best doctor in WY

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

User avatar
Vaquas
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9791
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Vaquas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:43 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barrasso#cite_note-5

Barrasso was also a rodeo physician for the Professional Rodeo Cowboy's Association (and a member of the "Cowboy Joe Club") and volunteered as a team physician for Casper College as well as several local high schools.[4] He was named the "Wyoming Physician of the Year".


John Barrasso is actually the best doctor in WY


I am calling for a complete and total shutdown of the Washington Political RP until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on
Last edited by Vaquas on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Klobuchar for President

19-year-old American with too much time on his hands and not enough motivation to waste it properly. Republican, if that even means anything anymore. Token Racial Minority. Token Gay Guy. Texan. 80's Pop Czar. Candy Corn/Disco Apologist and Aspiring Diplomat. Booker Antagonist, Goldwater Shill. Role Models include many dead people nobody cares about but who kinda did some cool stuff I guess.

Rest In Peace Anna Rossi, Gone But Never Forgotten
(1986 - 2017)


Tallahassee News Station is a Boomer

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 4147
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am

Vaquas wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barrasso#cite_note-5



John Barrasso is actually the best doctor in WY


I am calling for a complete and total shutdown of the Washington Political RP until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on


I’ll see you in Multiverse Court

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am

I know what youre thinking "Did Dentali estimate and breakdown in detail the expenses and fundraising of the Anderson Campaign month by month?"

The answer is yes... yes I did

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 4147
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 am

Dentali wrote:I know what youre thinking "Did Dentali estimate and breakdown in detail the expenses and fundraising of the Anderson Campaign month by month?"

The answer is yes... yes I did


The better question is, “how?!”

User avatar
Nor Portland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nor Portland » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 am

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:I know what youre thinking "Did Dentali estimate and breakdown in detail the expenses and fundraising of the Anderson Campaign month by month?"

The answer is yes... yes I did


The better question is, “how?!”

Hard work and a lot of dedication, perhaps also some addie
Reincarnation of The Portland Territory

PRO: Democratic Confederalism, Libertarian Socialism, Christian Democracy, Christian Mysticism, Armenia-Artsakh
AGAINST: Capitalism, Liberalism, Fascism/ Authoritarianism, Legislated Morality, Gun Control, Israel

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am

Nor Portland wrote:
Bruke wrote:
The better question is, “how?!”

Hard work and a lot of dedication, perhaps also some addie



I don't need to be more paranoid, im not fun on drugs and have never taken addie.

Basically, i took breakdowns from all statewide pennsylvania races averaged it and rounded it down. Then I took breakdowns of spending on races in terms of percentage on different things and revenue sources and then averaged it. Then I divided by the number of months the campaign is running, and put some random variation in them but they add up to the same amount.

User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1871
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 am

Dentali wrote:I know what youre thinking "Did Dentali estimate and breakdown in detail the expenses and fundraising of the Anderson Campaign month by month?"

The answer is yes... yes I did

See this is why I'm getting discontent with playing as Jared
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA
> West Wing - The First Year
  • Richard Liebhaber (White House Chief of Staff, R-NY)
  • Norman Poulx (Secretary of Defense, I-SC)
  • Anthony Trongone (Secretary of Education D-NJ)
  • Olivia Carter (First Lady of the United States, R-OH)
> 1990: The Winds of Change
  • the Chosen Land of Rhodesia

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 4147
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:17 am

Dentali wrote:
Nor Portland wrote:Hard work and a lot of dedication, perhaps also some addie



I don't need to be more paranoid, im not fun on drugs and have never taken addie.

Basically, i took breakdowns from all statewide pennsylvania races averaged it and rounded it down. Then I took breakdowns of spending on races in terms of percentage on different things and revenue sources and then averaged it. Then I divided by the number of months the campaign is running, and put some random variation in them but they add up to the same amount.


Where would one get such data... besides Open Secrets?

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:20 am

So on average the campaign would bring in a half million per month, in feb, Anderson brought in $462,400. On average republicans in PA receive 18% from Small Individual Contributions and so I said that in Feb Glen received $117,160 in Small Individual Contributions in feb.

When it comes to spending campaigns actually need to be transparent so I looked up accounting records on open secrets, which breaks them down by categories. I found on average most campaigns spend 3% of their expenses on "Event and Food Expenses" so out of the $496,359 the campaign spends monthly (again no media buys yet) I figured it would cost $32,727 a month for "Event and Food Expenses".

User avatar
Nor Portland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nor Portland » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:20 am

Dentali wrote:
Nor Portland wrote:Hard work and a lot of dedication, perhaps also some addie



I don't need to be more paranoid, im not fun on drugs and have never taken addie.

Basically, i took breakdowns from all statewide pennsylvania races averaged it and rounded it down. Then I took breakdowns of spending on races in terms of percentage on different things and revenue sources and then averaged it. Then I divided by the number of months the campaign is running, and put some random variation in them but they add up to the same amount.

Just jest my dude

And nah that's good, nice
Reincarnation of The Portland Territory

PRO: Democratic Confederalism, Libertarian Socialism, Christian Democracy, Christian Mysticism, Armenia-Artsakh
AGAINST: Capitalism, Liberalism, Fascism/ Authoritarianism, Legislated Morality, Gun Control, Israel

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:20 am

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I don't need to be more paranoid, im not fun on drugs and have never taken addie.

Basically, i took breakdowns from all statewide pennsylvania races averaged it and rounded it down. Then I took breakdowns of spending on races in terms of percentage on different things and revenue sources and then averaged it. Then I divided by the number of months the campaign is running, and put some random variation in them but they add up to the same amount.


Where would one get such data... besides Open Secrets?



mostly used open secrets

User avatar
Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28015
Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Prolieum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:31 am

The potential issue that could arise in the calculation, unless accounted for, would be the difference in revenues between months, with the higher percentages in the initial post-announcement period, and the run-up to the election both factors. In Anderson's specific case, the very early commencement and running of his campaign would likely see reduced revenues relative to a the calculated average, from campaigns whose mean income holds more a more fertile period as a greater percentage of the whole, though from a role play perspective, it would too be too significant of an issue.

That being said, it is very impressive work.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:36 am

Prolieum wrote:The potential issue that could arise in the calculation, unless accounted for, would be the difference in revenues between months, with the higher percentages in the initial post-announcement period, and the run-up to the election both factors. In Anderson's specific case, the very early commencement and running of his campaign would likely see reduced revenues relative to a the calculated average, from campaigns whose mean income holds more a more fertile period as a greater percentage of the whole, though from a role play perspective, it would too be too significant of an issue.

That being said, it is very impressive work.



Yea he actually addresses that in the post, the first two months after announcement, had a higher than average amount of money and the rest have been hundreds of thousands of dollars below the average. The $24 million amount that Scott Wagner raised (and I mainly based this on) raised the fund in 12 months, and Anderson is doing it 22. So he is bringing in less per month than the IRL republican candidate.

User avatar
Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28015
Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Prolieum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Granluras wrote:
Granluras wrote:Is American Dream based off any irl charities/organizations? Cause I need a reference to understand its internal structure for something in the future.


No. American Dream is an independent construction, though I can answer questions, if you have any.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

User avatar
Granluras
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1871
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Granluras wrote:


No. American Dream is an independent construction, though I can answer questions, if you have any.

Phew, finally. I just needed to know like what the "departments" or any internal divisions were, or maybe if there were/what were the secretarial positions. I know that's poking at an odd topic, but don't worry, it will be make sense soon enough. :)
Iberian dictatorship which wants to be a true republic desperately.
New Jersey Republican who desperately wants to be in a Red State IRL.

> Washington Roleplay 2017
  • Jared Brantley (Governor, D-PA)
  • Ambrogino Tommasso (State Assemblyman, R-NJ)
> Westminster Roleplay 2017
  • Brendan Muirhead (MSP, SNP-Scotland)
> 2024: Age of Superpowers
  • ITALIA
> West Wing - The First Year
  • Richard Liebhaber (White House Chief of Staff, R-NY)
  • Norman Poulx (Secretary of Defense, I-SC)
  • Anthony Trongone (Secretary of Education D-NJ)
  • Olivia Carter (First Lady of the United States, R-OH)
> 1990: The Winds of Change
  • the Chosen Land of Rhodesia

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Granluras wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
No. American Dream is an independent construction, though I can answer questions, if you have any.

Phew, finally. I just needed to know like what the "departments" or any internal divisions were, or maybe if there were/what were the secretarial positions. I know that's poking at an odd topic, but don't worry, it will be make sense soon enough. :)


Let me level with you about Brantley v Anderson, even if you lose its fantastic practice. My first character Fowler was/is a trainwreck but I learned so much. I took over Brennan because I wanted to practice running a campaign, he got his ass kicked but now i'm doing much better with Anderson and Samara. So keep your guy, practice.

User avatar
Alozia
Minister
 
Posts: 2346
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Damn, Sanders/Lee could've been such a good ticket, but our girl Barb went with the cop instead. Oh well...
Proud Henrycrat
Caldwell 2020

Characters:
Sen. John Kingston (P-ME)
Sen. Joanne Winslow (R-MT)
Rep. Henry Caldwell (D-MA)
Katharine Hobbes, journalist
Michael Smith, Texan idepentence advocate
Francis Johnson, former anti-pope
John P. L. Malinowski, Nicole Smith's staff member
Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.1

Alozia Flights | Embassy Program
|Not me. Us. - SANDERS 2020| | RAZEM / WIOSNA 2019 |

User avatar
Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28015
Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Prolieum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Granluras wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
No. American Dream is an independent construction, though I can answer questions, if you have any.

Phew, finally. I just needed to know like what the "departments" or any internal divisions were, or maybe if there were/what were the secretarial positions. I know that's poking at an odd topic, but don't worry, it will be make sense soon enough. :)


That is a very vague question, an organization of its size had extensive regional and operational divisions, and secretarial positions are too numerous to specify individual ones, if that is your request.

If you have a specific question for a character background or something of the sort, we could sort that out via telegram.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29169
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Image
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Vaquas
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9791
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Vaquas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Sanabel wrote:(Image)


Brb casting my vote for Bernie Sanders
Last edited by Vaquas on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Klobuchar for President

19-year-old American with too much time on his hands and not enough motivation to waste it properly. Republican, if that even means anything anymore. Token Racial Minority. Token Gay Guy. Texan. 80's Pop Czar. Candy Corn/Disco Apologist and Aspiring Diplomat. Booker Antagonist, Goldwater Shill. Role Models include many dead people nobody cares about but who kinda did some cool stuff I guess.

Rest In Peace Anna Rossi, Gone But Never Forgotten
(1986 - 2017)


Tallahassee News Station is a Boomer

User avatar
Alozia
Minister
 
Posts: 2346
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Sanabel wrote:(Image)

Image
Proud Henrycrat
Caldwell 2020

Characters:
Sen. John Kingston (P-ME)
Sen. Joanne Winslow (R-MT)
Rep. Henry Caldwell (D-MA)
Katharine Hobbes, journalist
Michael Smith, Texan idepentence advocate
Francis Johnson, former anti-pope
John P. L. Malinowski, Nicole Smith's staff member
Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.1

Alozia Flights | Embassy Program
|Not me. Us. - SANDERS 2020| | RAZEM / WIOSNA 2019 |

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruke, Cainesland, Chinniwana, Cylarn, Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi, Google [Bot], Khasinkonia, Saxony-Brandenburg, The Isle of The Webb, Triassica

Advertisement

Remove ads