NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:29 pm

Jovuistan wrote:What's a good name for a 64 year-old female Democrat from Oregon?

Molly Brown

Roberta Sanchez

Gertrude Geraldine Malloy

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:What's a good name for a 64 year-old female Democrat from Oregon?

Molly Brown

Roberta Sanchez

Gertrude Geraldine Malloy

Gertrude is a disgusting name and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it

Molly Brown seems good.
Die nasty!!111

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
Lol Stansky is going to be primarying him.

Actually, I’ll have to make Malstrom elected in 2014 as it appears Paul Clark, the other senator, is the one up for re-election in 2018. He is a member of the DNC leadership but fairly inactive so that will be a fun primary.

Ooo, it would really shake things up if Stansky topples Clark.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 am

Puertollano wrote:
Lol Stansky is going to be primarying him.

Actually, I’ll have to make Malstrom elected in 2014 as it appears Paul Clark, the other senator, is the one up for re-election in 2018. He is a member of the DNC leadership but fairly inactive so that will be a fun primary.

De Nieto would gladly trade Stansky for Clark, provided that Stansky tones down his rhetoric on Israel and nationalization. The former makes it extremely poltiically risky to advocate for a 2 state solution, and the latter is just bad PR.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 am

Mayor Pete is in, and I’m very excited https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... cy/580984/
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:25 am

the buzzfeed part almost had me laughing my ass off in class
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am

The random horoscope questions are actually rather serendipitous in relating to Hotchkiss's character. As has been shown in some of her slice-of-life posts, she tends heavily towards fatalism.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:38 am

Darnell voted not guilty on Winston's conviction.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 am

Sanabel wrote:Darnell voted not guilty on Winston's conviction.

Correct.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:49 am

Prolieum wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Darnell voted not guilty on Winston's conviction.

Correct.

That puts him at risk for 2018

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 am

Sanabel wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
Correct.

That puts him at risk for 2018

Brankers might not endorse him and just endorse the Republican depending on who the Republican is

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 am

If that Arlen Walton meeting could get wrapped up by the end of the week so we can be set for what we're doing w/VA that would be great
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:28 am

Which player senators are up for reelection?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 am

Also Am+Lotto

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Which player senators are up for reelection?

Egg (Not running)
Breck (Not running)(+Resigning)
Darn (Assume running)
Hazel (Assume running)
Kingston (Assume running)
Winslow (Assume running)
Carter (Assume running)
Blythe (Assume running)
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 am

Can someone else ask questions to hotchkiss? im running out

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:If that Arlen Walton meeting could get wrapped up by the end of the week so we can be set for what we're doing w/VA that would be great

It should be wrapped up soon.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Which player senators are up for reelection?

Egg (Not running)
Darn (Assume running)
Hazel (Assume running)
Winslow (Assume running)
Carter (Assume running)
Blythe (Assume running)

That'll be a lot of races to see.

Eggy will be a major race to win. Whichever Republican succeeds him will have to distance him from that and the Democratic machine in Rhode Island may still be able to help him be victorious. I think this is a seat the Democrats could pick up but Progressive infrastructure coupled with an effective candidate could similarly win.

Breck's seat already is up in the air, the race has begun and I think Democrats can win with Samara.

Darnell seems to have liberal tendencies, potentially able to still perform well in Washington but his establishment relationships coupled with his Winston vote and general lack of activity will make him very vulnerable. Democrats could hold it or fall, leaving it open to a split vote allowing Republicans to win or a strong Progressive to win outright. He might also be vulnerable to being primaried.

Hazel is a strong position due to her independent status but could very well face a four-way race, with Progressives, Republicans, and an actual Democrat running. I think she might be one of the most vulnerable seats but likely to survive due to Florida's generally conservative yet moderate leanings.

Kingston is an essential pick up for the Democrats, with Maine trending left but could be won by a Republican due to split voting, BUT the ranked voting system may help him or the Democrat winning, depending whoever is able to defeat the Republican. A moderate Democrat or independent could win. Still, Kingston I think is a favorite.

Winslow is very safe, a Democratic challenge could be effective if Progressives do not get majorly involved. But she is likely to remain.

Carter is not safe and should be making efforts to secure his seat. He is weak after the Republican defeat in 2016 and with energy from Ella Enchanted, the Progressives may be able to pick up a seat. Still, a moderate Democrat that is not as 'unique' as Kim, the Democrats have a real chance. But I think Carter is still the favorite to win....but I stick with the idea that he is not safe as he could very well be primaried.

Blythe is vulnerable for the Democrats and may be a seat they lose to the Republicans, especially if the Progressives offer a strong contender. I have the least information on this race but the Democrats may still have a chance.

Michigan I think has the strong opportunity for a Democratic pick but the Progressives may make a play, resulting in a Republican pick up.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Egg (Not running)
Darn (Assume running)
Hazel (Assume running)
Winslow (Assume running)
Carter (Assume running)
Blythe (Assume running)

That'll be a lot of races to see.

Eggy will be a major race to win. Whichever Republican succeeds him will have to distance him from that and the Democratic machine in Rhode Island may still be able to help him be victorious. I think this is a seat the Democrats could pick up but Progressive infrastructure coupled with an effective candidate could similarly win.

Breck's seat already is up in the air, the race has begun and I think Democrats can win with Samara.

Darnell seems to have liberal tendencies, potentially able to still perform well in Washington but his establishment relationships coupled with his Winston vote and general lack of activity will make him very vulnerable. Democrats could hold it or fall, leaving it open to a split vote allowing Republicans to win or a strong Progressive to win outright. He might also be vulnerable to being primaried.

Hazel is a strong position due to her independent status but could very well face a four-way race, with Progressives, Republicans, and an actual Democrat running. I think she might be one of the most vulnerable seats but likely to survive due to Florida's generally conservative yet moderate leanings.

Kingston is an essential pick up for the Democrats, with Maine trending left but could be won by a Republican due to split voting, BUT the ranked voting system may help him or the Democrat winning, depending whoever is able to defeat the Republican. A moderate Democrat or independent could win. Still, Kingston I think is a favorite.

Winslow is very safe, a Democratic challenge could be effective if Progressives do not get majorly involved. But she is likely to remain.

Carter is not safe and should be making efforts to secure his seat. He is weak after the Republican defeat in 2016 and with energy from Ella Enchanted, the Progressives may be able to pick up a seat. Still, a moderate Democrat that is not as 'unique' as Kim, the Democrats have a real chance. But I think Carter is still the favorite to win....but I stick with the idea that he is not safe as he could very well be primaried.

Blythe is vulnerable for the Democrats and may be a seat they lose to the Republicans, especially if the Progressives offer a strong contender. I have the least information on this race but the Democrats may still have a chance.

Michigan I think has the strong opportunity for a Democratic pick but the Progressives may make a play, resulting in a Republican pick up.

There is also Mississippi where the Republican candidate will be a racist conspiracy theorist or a racist conspiracy theorist

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Prolieum wrote:The random horoscope questions are actually rather serendipitous in relating to Hotchkiss's character. As has been shown in some of her slice-of-life posts, she tends heavily towards fatalism.

I noticed that, but it seemed to translate more towards pity for her.

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Latvijas Otra Republika
Character Name: Montgomery Luis Bateman
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 56
Character Height: 5ft 9
Character Weight: 76.3 kg
Character Position/Role/Job: Senator of Rhode Island (2014-Present)
Representative of the 1st Rhode Island District (2008-2014)
Goldman Sachs Chief Financial Officer (1998-2008)
Financial Manager at Bank Rhode Island (1996-1998)
Financial Analyst at BankNewport (1985-1996)
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: Rhode Island
Character State of Residence: Rhode Island
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat (1985-Present)
Main Strengths: Firm believer in the Democrat establishment, Good name recognition around New England, Deep financial and economic knowledge, Collected and calm, Decent reputation from banking after 2000, occasionally willing to work with moderate Republicans
Main Weaknesses: Seen as a coastal elitist, Disconnected from the lower middle and work class, Accusations of bribing and corruption when he worked in Banking in the mid 90s, Past cocaine addiction in the 90s which he has been accused of on occasion, Generally robotic when speaking on politics, little to none minority support, Interested in his own material and financial gain rather than a set of principles, Against populism in the Democratic Party, Has gone cynical after the 2016 Republican wave, Seen as being favourable to wall street due to past career and corporate ties from banking.
Biography:

Born in 1961 February 21st two upper class parents in the suburbs of Barrington, Montgomery never experienced the stresses and failings of the typical middle class American family. In fact, his childhood could be associated with stress free leisure with two married parents, James Bateman and Elisa Bateman, a green backyard and privet nursing education. This disconnection with ordinary Americans was further caused by him attending a privet school in Rhode Island named 'Bishop Hendricken High School', a place where he developed material interests such as banking and finances in his second year there. He held a modest amount of friends through both his teenage years and childhood while living in his household as an only child. This mostly easy lifestyle caused him great discomfort, and a large amount of questions, when he witnessed a homeless person for the first time in his entire life in 1977 during a summer holiday to Los Angeles. This resulted in him having a certain level of sympathy to the poor which would later fuel is political ideas.

After he graduated high school in 1979, he enrolled as a student of Finance in Harvard University. During his time there he became fond of the progressive tax structure and also increased government spending on social services, factors which contributed to him joining the Democratic Party in 1985. After he graduated university 1985, at the age of 24, he found a job in Rhode Island at Bank Rhode Island as a financial Analyst. In 1993 he met Aida Wright who worked as a desk clerk in his place of work, in the same year they would move in together and only marry in 1998. After a long period working for the bank he resigned at the job offer of a new Rhode Island bank being formed in 1996 with the position being a financial manager. During his tenure as manager he would meet senior Democratic Politicians and establish personal connections with them through working with them on personal finances. Talks of corruption occurred, regarding the officials in particular, when a leaked photo by the press showed him having dinner with one of his close senior Democrats of Rhode Island, some thought it was a meeting regarding some sort of financial corruption when in fact it was a personal meeting discussing campaign finances. During this same time he would frequent a dealer in Warwick for Cocaine, something which was revealed to the public when in 1997 the dealer confessed to the police during an arrest from a tip. No physical evidence was found to incriminate Montgomery and he carried on denying he ever snorted anything of the sort. Although despite this, it was still used ruin his credibility later in life.

Regarding his personal life, in 1997 August 24th his son, Charles Bateman, was born. Later in 1999 3rd September Julie Bateman was born. The two children have completely avoided public and media attention and are currently still in education, his son having a rougher relationship with Montgomery due to his absence during his childhood. Julie, on the other hand, perceives Montgomery as being a father figure despite his absence due to work. His wife mostly stays at home while Montgomery is out, something which hasn't changed since the 90s.

In 1998 he applied for the position of Chief Financial Officer at Goldman Sachs after the former holder of the position had been fired, he was accepted due to his prior economic and banking experience in the industry for longer than a decade. He would work away from home at the Goldman Sachs headquarters in New York City, accumulating not just a fair pay check but financial prowess. During his time at Goldman Sachs he would establish connections to wall street through meeting important individuals and executives in the investment industry, he used this leverage to build somewhat of a name recognition in Rhode Island of being economist and knowledgeable financier, something certain people despised due to it's corporate connotations. In 2008 he used his ties with the establishment and his economic experience, to make him seem knowledgeable on the economy, to run as Representative of the 1st Rhode Island District to the U.S congress, succeeding a retiring congressman through the victory of Winston's campaign in the Presidential for the Democrats nationwide. He won the district with 145,254 votes, accumulating to 68.52% of the vote, mostly attributed to relatively unknown candidates in opposition.

By 2014 he would be a moderately acknowledged Congressman in Rhode Island and a proponent of the Democratic party, using these factors he would run as Senator for Rhode Island State. In the general he would win 54.5% of the vote, with 133,203 votes. He campaigned in favour of environmental regulations, social & economic equality, the rights for women to have abortions and an funding overhaul for welfare services such as social security. His economic and social standpoints can be best described as liberal, with points less campaigned for being: Progressive tax system, support for direct democracy reforms, severely restricting gun rights to ordinary citizens, universal healthcare. His campaign for Senate was relatively smooth, apart from occasional claims of past drug addiction, as he reiterated Democratic talking points and his previous experience as Congressman.

Other Info: Married, Has Two Children, Catholic

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Latvijas Otra Republika

Do Not Remove: 84721
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm

Washington has a jungle primary correct?

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:Washington has a jungle primary correct?

Correct.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Washington has a jungle primary correct?

Correct.

That benefits Darnell greatly

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Did my first ever campaign stunt... adopted a dog

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse