NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Def not getting accepted but why not. (Thanks Kelvin.)
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Jovuistan (DPRK made it, so all complaints go to him.)
Character Name: Jackson Chhurim Sherpa
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 36
Character Height: 5 feet 5 inches
Character Weight: 165 pounds
Character Position: State Senator of New Jersey(2014-present)
Appearance:
(Image)

Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New Jersey
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Charismatic, Famous mountaineer, Widespread name recognition, Popular for obstructing the unpopular Governor, Cult like fan following
Main Weaknesses: Rather thick, Limited political experience, Incompetent mainly just good at obstructing
Biography:
Born to an immigrant Sherpa family in New York City, Jackson from the beginning was not a smart child, but he was somebody who was recognized for his athletic prowess at a young age. Even before his entry into kindergarten, he was recognized for his skill in climbing. Thus instead of getting an actual education like his peers, Sherpa spent his youth training to be a mountaineer. As a result he never really got into reading, nor books, resulting in a rather low intellect. However, what he lacked in brains he more than made up for in brawn. His climbing skills were excellent and thus he started his mountaineering career at the age of 12, not helping his already stunted intellect. He started off with numerous small peaks before moving on to the larger ones, all of which he conquered with ease. By the age of 16 he was recognized as one of the best youth mountaineers in the country and was captain of his high school's climbing team putting almost all of his teammates in the dust. Furthermore, despite his rather small physique due to his strong limb strength and rather nimble nature also made him a good fit for baseball.

So despite his rather limited intellect graduating with all Cs and Ds in high school, University of Washington was willing to overlook his stunted intelligence due to the fact that he was one of the best youth climbers in the country. Thus, despite his extremely poor grades he was able to squeeze into university due to brawn. This would be the first of many times where his brawn trumped brain. Like in most universities, Sherpa was enrolled in special athlete classes that passed him as long as he showed up to the exams, the following is what Sherpa wrote for his American History Class, which is not available to the public.

American History final
By Jackson Sherpa

Robert E. Lee was one of the most prominent Chinese Americans of all time. Robert E. Lee was born to a Chinese immigrant family. One day when Robert E. Lee was riding on a bus an evil general by the name of McClellan went up to him and said: "HEY YOU! Youc cannot sit here!". Robert E. Lee then went like: "OMG, why?". Then McClellan pointed his finger at a sign that read: "Only blacks and whites". Lee was then very shocked, and he soon transitioned to anger, and he frowned. He then punched McClellan in the face, and was arrested by a cop named Ulysses S. Grant who tried him at the Appomattox Court House in Virginia. However, thanks to numerous patriotic Virginians, Lee was able to secure the release of all of his Confederates if they just swore an oath to be loyal American citizens. That is why I believe Robert E. Lee was one of the greaterest Americans that ever existed.

THE END.

He got a B- for that report by virtue of being a student-athlete.

His extreme aptitude in mountain climbing, however, made him a great asset to the university. He won numerous climbing competitions and was thus commended by his school. He graduated university with a degree in communications. Due to cheaper housing prices he moved to Newark, New Jersey. He then enlisted in the United States Army, and due to his climbing prowess, he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division, and fought in Afghanistan with his Division. Of course, by then the mountains were a second home to him, and he killed numerous Taliban members who were holed up in their mountains strongholds. He estimated he killed around 12 people during his time in Afghanistan including one with his bare hands. He was then discharged from the military, and had no idea what to do with his life.

He decided to spend some years of his life climbing mountains. He summited Mt. Everest in 2007, Denali in 2008, K2 in 2009, and Kilimanjaro in 2010. However, during the expedition to Kilimanjaro, he took a tumble and effectively broke his leg, and led him isolated from the rest of the expedition. Fortunately, he was not too far from base camp, and he was able to reach base camp after 2 days of crawling. However, the leg was broken was badly that the doctors determined that he would walk with a noticeable limp for the rest of his life. He used that story to write the best selling book 48 Hours(which was in reality co-written with an actual author) which detailed his experiences. The book was later adapted to a movie. After spending 2 years recovering from his injury he decided to run for State Senate in 2013.

He won a landslide victory in the open seat in the heavily Democratic city of Newark. After his election he made a name for himself as the "Stubborn Sherpa". Due to his extreme incompetence, he mostly stuck to sponsoring the legislation of other Senators, chief among them was an attempt to concede completely to the school board's demands, which was vetoed by the Governor. In return Sherpa held up much of the Governor's bills by calling rollcall votes over and over again, among other ways. He is one of the Governor's Chief Opponents in the State Senate, refusing to compromise and insisting on a hardline approach for the Governor stating "No, Nay, Never" to compromise with the GOP Governor. Of course, due to the Governor's unpopularity, his hardline approach helped him greatly and gained up popularity. He also attempted to introduce a bill that restored Planned Parenthood funds in New Jersey, a bill that was relatively simple for his simple mind to grasp, which passed the State House but was vetoed by the Governor.

He has been a strong supporter of Schlang throughout his political career.

Other Info:
Seen as the most obstructionist member of the New Jersey State Senate
Walks with a limb due to a mountaineering accident

Political Positions(Written by a strategist):
Pro-Choice, abortion should be legal under all circumstances
Pro same sex marriage
Government should increase environmental regulations
Paid maternity leave
Establishment of a State Bank
Legalization of marijuana
Raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour
Middle class tax cut, increase taxes on the rich
Reverse spending cuts
Fulfill pension obligations
Universal background checks, stronger gun control laws
Cracking down on police brutality

Do Not Remove: 84721
[/quote]
Meme Review
Die nasty!!111

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Def not getting accepted but why not. (Thanks Kelvin.)
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Jovuistan (DPRK made it, so all complaints go to him.)
Character Name: Jackson Chhurim Sherpa
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 36
Character Height: 5 feet 5 inches
Character Weight: 165 pounds
Character Position: State Senator of New Jersey(2014-present)
Appearance:
(Image)

Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New Jersey
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Charismatic, Famous mountaineer, Widespread name recognition, Popular for obstructing the unpopular Governor, Cult like fan following
Main Weaknesses: Rather thick, Limited political experience, Incompetent mainly just good at obstructing
Biography:
Born to an immigrant Sherpa family in New York City, Jackson from the beginning was not a smart child, but he was somebody who was recognized for his athletic prowess at a young age. Even before his entry into kindergarten, he was recognized for his skill in climbing. Thus instead of getting an actual education like his peers, Sherpa spent his youth training to be a mountaineer. As a result he never really got into reading, nor books, resulting in a rather low intellect. However, what he lacked in brains he more than made up for in brawn. His climbing skills were excellent and thus he started his mountaineering career at the age of 12, not helping his already stunted intellect. He started off with numerous small peaks before moving on to the larger ones, all of which he conquered with ease. By the age of 16 he was recognized as one of the best youth mountaineers in the country and was captain of his high school's climbing team putting almost all of his teammates in the dust. Furthermore, despite his rather small physique due to his strong limb strength and rather nimble nature also made him a good fit for baseball.

So despite his rather limited intellect graduating with all Cs and Ds in high school, University of Washington was willing to overlook his stunted intelligence due to the fact that he was one of the best youth climbers in the country. Thus, despite his extremely poor grades he was able to squeeze into university due to brawn. This would be the first of many times where his brawn trumped brain. Like in most universities, Sherpa was enrolled in special athlete classes that passed him as long as he showed up to the exams, the following is what Sherpa wrote for his American History Class, which is not available to the public.

American History final
By Jackson Sherpa

Robert E. Lee was one of the most prominent Chinese Americans of all time. Robert E. Lee was born to a Chinese immigrant family. One day when Robert E. Lee was riding on a bus an evil general by the name of McClellan went up to him and said: "HEY YOU! Youc cannot sit here!". Robert E. Lee then went like: "OMG, why?". Then McClellan pointed his finger at a sign that read: "Only blacks and whites". Lee was then very shocked, and he soon transitioned to anger, and he frowned. He then punched McClellan in the face, and was arrested by a cop named Ulysses S. Grant who tried him at the Appomattox Court House in Virginia. However, thanks to numerous patriotic Virginians, Lee was able to secure the release of all of his Confederates if they just swore an oath to be loyal American citizens. That is why I believe Robert E. Lee was one of the greaterest Americans that ever existed.

THE END.

He got a B- for that report by virtue of being a student-athlete.

His extreme aptitude in mountain climbing, however, made him a great asset to the university. He won numerous climbing competitions and was thus commended by his school. He graduated university with a degree in communications. Due to cheaper housing prices he moved to Newark, New Jersey. He then enlisted in the United States Army, and due to his climbing prowess, he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division, and fought in Afghanistan with his Division. Of course, by then the mountains were a second home to him, and he killed numerous Taliban members who were holed up in their mountains strongholds. He estimated he killed around 12 people during his time in Afghanistan including one with his bare hands. He was then discharged from the military, and had no idea what to do with his life.

He decided to spend some years of his life climbing mountains. He summited Mt. Everest in 2007, Denali in 2008, K2 in 2009, and Kilimanjaro in 2010. However, during the expedition to Kilimanjaro, he took a tumble and effectively broke his leg, and led him isolated from the rest of the expedition. Fortunately, he was not too far from base camp, and he was able to reach base camp after 2 days of crawling. However, the leg was broken was badly that the doctors determined that he would walk with a noticeable limp for the rest of his life. He used that story to write the best selling book 48 Hours(which was in reality co-written with an actual author) which detailed his experiences. The book was later adapted to a movie. After spending 2 years recovering from his injury he decided to run for State Senate in 2013.

He won a landslide victory in the open seat in the heavily Democratic city of Newark. After his election he made a name for himself as the "Stubborn Sherpa". Due to his extreme incompetence, he mostly stuck to sponsoring the legislation of other Senators, chief among them was an attempt to concede completely to the school board's demands, which was vetoed by the Governor. In return Sherpa held up much of the Governor's bills by calling rollcall votes over and over again, among other ways. He is one of the Governor's Chief Opponents in the State Senate, refusing to compromise and insisting on a hardline approach for the Governor stating "No, Nay, Never" to compromise with the GOP Governor. Of course, due to the Governor's unpopularity, his hardline approach helped him greatly and gained up popularity. He also attempted to introduce a bill that restored Planned Parenthood funds in New Jersey, a bill that was relatively simple for his simple mind to grasp, which passed the State House but was vetoed by the Governor.

He has been a strong supporter of Schlang throughout his political career.

Other Info:
Seen as the most obstructionist member of the New Jersey State Senate
Walks with a limb due to a mountaineering accident

Political Positions(Written by a strategist):
Pro-Choice, abortion should be legal under all circumstances
Pro same sex marriage
Government should increase environmental regulations
Paid maternity leave
Establishment of a State Bank
Legalization of marijuana
Raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour
Middle class tax cut, increase taxes on the rich
Reverse spending cuts
Fulfill pension obligations
Universal background checks, stronger gun control laws
Cracking down on police brutality

Do Not Remove: 84721

Meme Review[/quote]

Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:23 pm

sum1 plz send me questions I’m crying
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:22 pm

https://twitter.com/emmachamberlain/sta ... 25056?s=21

Dems interested in running for higher office be like
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm

Vaquas wrote:https://twitter.com/emmachamberlain/status/1080277039175725056?s=21

My state is so fucked.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Vaquas wrote:https://twitter.com/emmachamberlain/status/1080277039175725056?s=21

My state is so fucked.

Yo, you’re Hawaiian?

Also, join the club.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Granluras wrote:
Sanabel wrote:My state is so fucked.

Yo, you’re Hawaiian?

Also, join the club.

No I'm from a New England state with a deficit crisis. I no longer live there but it still makes me sad.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Why have the DNC not gotten involved to stop Stansky from throwing an election due to his ego alone.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Granluras wrote:
Sanabel wrote:My state is so fucked.

Yo, you’re Hawaiian?

Also, join the club.

He is a nutmegger

Hey my former premier had an approval rating almost reaching single digits it could be worse

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Xaxaxaxa giving out personal info

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Granluras wrote:Yo, you’re Hawaiian?

Also, join the club.

He is a nutmegger

Hey my former premier had an approval rating almost reaching single digits it could be worse

My former governor was about there. My new governor is going to be the most unpopular one in the country by 2020, mark my words.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:He is a nutmegger

My former governor was about there. My new governor is going to be the most unpopular one in the country by 2020, mark my words.

Betting he does not reach 12 percent

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Sanabel wrote:Why have the DNC not gotten involved to stop Stansky from throwing an election due to his ego alone.

Idk, even Hotchkiss has contacted him faster than the DNC.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Granluras wrote:Yo, you’re Hawaiian?

Also, join the club.

No I'm from a New England state with a deficit crisis. I no longer live there but it still makes me sad.

Oh.

Well you’re still a member of the fucked states club :D
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

I suppose Stafford will reach out if no one else will.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Sanabel wrote:My former governor was about there. My new governor is going to be the most unpopular one in the country by 2020, mark my words.

Betting he does not reach 12 percent

His bottom is probably 20.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Wow I'm a Bernie supporter now

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Sanabel wrote:Why have the DNC not gotten involved to stop Stansky from throwing an election due to his ego alone.

Vil is going to meet with him, but not literally the night of ICly so I'm waiting for that stuff with the people right there to play out OOC first

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Granluras wrote:
Sanabel wrote:No I'm from a New England state with a deficit crisis. I no longer live there but it still makes me sad.

Oh.

Well you’re still a member of the fucked states club :D

I'll have to go back when my Visa expires.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm

TNS, when will the LA runoff election occur?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:TNS, when will the LA runoff election occur?

Basically as soon as you're done with the rally

Also OK will be then because I was supposed to write that earlier and it got totally buried

I'm sure it'll be so hard to figure out who wins

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:TNS, when will the LA runoff election occur?

Basically as soon as you're done with the rally

Also OK will be then because I was supposed to write that earlier and it got totally buried

I'm sure it'll be so hard to figure out who wins

"Gene Eric pulls surprise write-in victory in Los Angeles Mayoral Election, to succeed Republican Legacy in city after Cox."

"Scotty Marlowe pulls through on the Democratic ticket in Oklahoma Senate race, defeats Progressive and little-known Republican."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Wow I'm a Bernie supporter now

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/ ... idnt-know/

“I don’t believe in charities” would be a great bumper sticker
Democratic Nominee 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse