NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 am

Trump met with congressional leadership again on January 9, in a meeting lasting 14 minutes.[52] Trump asked Pelosi, "Will you agree to my wall?" and when she replied that she would not, Trump said "bye-bye" and walked out of the meeting, later declaring it a "a total waste of time."[

What the f*ck, the US is literally losing roughly a billion per day the shutdown goes on, and this happens

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 am

To be honest, Dems don't want to negotiate so let them rot with the gov shutdown.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 am

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:To be honest, Dems don't want to negotiate so let them rot with the gov shutdown.

Preach it brother.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:59 am

I suppose it is time to push back Mondale's healthcare meeting OOCly timewise, as well as Arumb's plans and Stafford's/Marlowe's/Thatcher's meetings. Eleanor will also take a backseat.

Time to kick the Marli campaign into high gear.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Lenny is pushing out a well put together manifesto

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Hate doing it this way, but I think the end of this week is gonna be the deadline for Vel to show for running the FLOTUS thing
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 pm

On the manifesto thingy

It’s just reiterating what was put in my app, I’m going to write a slice of life on it but in summary:
Lenny’s policies weren’t set out and what made it worse is that they got assumed to be that of Williams or all the other endorsements. Then what made it even worse was progressives just raping him with the alt right label constantly. So it got assumed he was a wacky Alex Jones guy I presume.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:To be honest, Dems don't want to negotiate so let them rot with the gov shutdown.

Congress passed a budget. Senate passed it unanimously (that means literally every senator voted for it). Trump refused to sign it because he didn't get to have his wall which won't fix the problem of illegal immigration and is not willing to negotiate (unlike the Democrats that have already taken bipartisan action). In the meantime 800,000 government employees are struggling financially, because they're not being paid. Trump is in the wrong.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Alozia wrote:

Congress passed a budget. Senate passed it unanimously (that means literally every senator voted for it). Trump refused to sign it because he didn't get to have his wall which won't fix the problem of illegal immigration and is not willing to negotiate (unlike the Democrats that have already taken bipartisan action). In the meantime 800,000 government employees are struggling financially, because they're not being paid. Trump is in the wrong.

I stopped reading until the condescending tone came down that I don’t know the definition of that simple word. So like whatever dude.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
Alozia wrote:Congress passed a budget. Senate passed it unanimously (that means literally every senator voted for it). Trump refused to sign it because he didn't get to have his wall which won't fix the problem of illegal immigration and is not willing to negotiate (unlike the Democrats that have already taken bipartisan action). In the meantime 800,000 government employees are struggling financially, because they're not being paid. Trump is in the wrong.

I stopped reading until the condescending tone came down that I don’t know the definition of that simple word. So like whatever dude.

Take the IRL political fights somewhere else

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Alozia wrote:

I agree but this is not the place to hash this out brother
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Well MarliO has been goaded into making a very reckless policy announcement

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pm

No taxes if you have less than 6 figures, is just a completely reckless decision on MarliO's part, it would give the average voter pause about her fiscal responsibility

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Well MarliO has been goaded into making a very reckless policy announcement

The tough on crime has been a long-stated policy of hers.

Her stance on the Dudley Tax is a big out there and most goaded action perhaps, second only to her tax promise. Though that has always been her policy: creating opportunity.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Well MarliO has been goaded into making a very reckless policy announcement

Her stance on the Dudley Tax is a big out there and most goaded action perhaps, second only to her tax promise. Though that has always been her policy: creating opportunity.

That was not the reckless promise, she basically promised no more taxes for anybody making below 100k

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

That was not the reckless promise, she basically promised no more taxes for anybody making below 100k

Misunderstanding

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

Misunderstanding

It’s a bad look all around.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:28 pm

MarliO literally said no more taxes, and taxes being "nixed" The average person would think she was referring to abolishing taxation

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
Alozia wrote:Congress passed a budget. Senate passed it unanimously (that means literally every senator voted for it). Trump refused to sign it because he didn't get to have his wall which won't fix the problem of illegal immigration and is not willing to negotiate (unlike the Democrats that have already taken bipartisan action). In the meantime 800,000 government employees are struggling financially, because they're not being paid. Trump is in the wrong.

When I added the explanation in parenthesis I wanted to stress that not only every senator present voted for the bill but also that every senator was, in fact, present - something that was not the case for a good part of 2017 and 2018 for various reasons (with some exceptions when very important matters were decided such as the ACA Repeal when now late Senator John McCain, despite battling cancer, decided to attend the session to vote on the bill).

If I may, I have a feeling that my condecending tone was not the primary issue you had with what I said. I think you disagree with what I said and we have the liberty to have differing views. I would, however, ask you to be more upfront about it and counter my arguments instead of going after a small part of my argument's phrasing.

Having said that if I did seem condecending then know that it wasn't my intention. I do have a straightforward and somewhat agressive way I phrase my arguments snd in all honesty it's probably not going to change. For some time now I've seen rather dishonest and provocative arguments being made in the OOC thread that I have wholeheartedly disagreed with. In my responce to you I have provided context to the current situation in order to voice my disagreement with the point you were making and while I'm currently trying to be as diplomatic as possible I would just like to say that I feel your responce hasn't been entirely guided by desire for an honest discussion.

Also I know this might be a cliche excuse, but today I've spent about 12 hours outside in cold, rainy and windy weather so to say the least I was and am not as willing to bite my tongue today as much as I would be on an average day.

With that being said I'm finished with my rant.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pm

800,000 workers who are gonna get compensated

This is going to be one heated IC electoral season, with the various crazy candidates going at each other, like with Marli and Lotto.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Bruke wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Misunderstanding

It’s a bad look all around.

Of course, doesn't help her.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:MarliO literally said no more taxes, and taxes being "nixed" The average person would think she was referring to abolishing taxation

Of course, her character does tend towards more flashy language, albeit it being less specific.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Granluras wrote:800,000 workers who are gonna get compensated

This is going to be one heated IC electoral season, with the various crazy candidates going at each other, like with Marli and Lotto.

Marli and Lotto would be a political powerteam if they ever decided to work together. If neither of them wins, they should open a political consulting office to help reach out to young voters or something along those lines.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Scaramucci is gonna be on Celebrity Big Brother, apparently.
Die nasty!!111

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Scaramucci is gonna be on Celebrity Big Brother, apparently.

Of course, he is

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Hate doing it this way, but I think the end of this week is gonna be the deadline for Vel to show for running the FLOTUS thing

Oof.

Vaquas, let me know when the Scotty-Singh meeting will proceed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse