NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XI OOC

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Joh letting his hair down for a moment after the Primary. He had to be (at least a little) civil during the race. That anger was building up for a while.

Letting his hair down...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm at a HS basketball game right now...in the student section...and just burst out laughing at this. Iconic right here
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Puertollano
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1865
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Granluras wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Could it be possible that Joh travels to France to meet with President Melenchon?

How’s that gonna go?
“Hi I’m a gubernatorial failure from the US. We have………some…stuff to discuss.”


Well a failed Presidential candidate received a reception from Erdogan and Assad.

User avatar
Puertollano
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1865
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:Letting his hair down...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm at a HS basketball game right now...in the student section...and just burst out laughing at this. Iconic right here


I hoped someone would find that funny.

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24509
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Granluras wrote:How’s that gonna go?
“Hi I’m a gubernatorial failure from the US. We have………some…stuff to discuss.”


Well a failed Presidential candidate received a reception from Erdogan and Assad.


He was the Speaker of the House, then SecState
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Dang.

Well, Mondale should be happy

I hope to explore her reaction to this, as she did, in fact, try to court the position earlier. Though whoever succeeds Bell will face scrutiny, varying of course on who it is, assuming he resigns due to health or dies.
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Puertollano
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1865
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
Well a failed Presidential candidate received a reception from Erdogan and Assad.


He was the Speaker of the House, then SecState


Oh ok.

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24509
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:15 pm

NS just friggin ate my post, I don't know how it keeps doing that
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11327
Founded: Dec 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Poor timing in away, OOC-wise, but note Prejean didn't send that in response to Stevenson's tweet. It's a general thing.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male. 25. New Orleans, LA.
Politically Moderate Never-Trumper. Christian.

OP of Coastal Daytona Academy Roleplay
The Premier High School Roleplay! Join today!
Classroom-Thread | Special-Events-Thread
IC-Thread | OOC-Thread
PSA: Make better life choices. Stop sticking eels up your nose.
The Washington Political Roleplay
Character(s): Ex-Senator Gianna Carrollton (Democrat, Ohio) *Now Independent*
Governor Thomas Fairley (Progressive, Oregon) *Switched from Democrat*
Governor Harold Faulkner (Republican, Tennessee)
Representative Melvin Freeman (Progressive, Massachusetts 1st District)
Senator Phillip Prejean (Republican, Louisiana)
Ex-Secretary of the Treasury Louis Reynolds (Independent, Virginia)

Fallout: Louisiana Blues
Character(s): Anna Liuzza

User avatar
Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24509
Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Poor timing in away, OOC-wise, but note Prejean didn't send that in response to Stevenson's tweet. It's a general thing.


Thems the ways they go. She'll take it on the chin
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Scotty's too docile to continue responding. But as TellTale games often say: "Scotty will remember that."
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Vaquas
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9554
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Very busy tonight but will have reactions up tomorrow, as well as Walsh in the House and Singh responding with Scotty
Klobuchar/Buttigieg 2020

18-year-old American with too much time on his hands and not enough motivation to waste it properly. Republican, if that even means anything anymore. Token Racial Minority. Token Gay Guy. Texan. 80's Pop Czar. Candy Corn/Disco Apologist and Aspiring Diplomat. Booker Antagonist, Goldwater Shill. Role Models include many dead people nobody cares about but who kinda did some cool stuff I guess.

Rest In Peace Anna Rossi, Gone But Never Forgotten
(1986 - 2017)

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Vaquas wrote:Very busy tonight but will have reactions up tomorrow, as well as Walsh in the House and Singh responding with Scotty

Cool beans.
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Puertollano
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1865
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Vaquas wrote:Very busy tonight but will have reactions up tomorrow, as well as Walsh in the House and Singh responding with Scotty


Is your avatar an un-doctored image of Netanyahu?

User avatar
Vaquas
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9554
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Vaquas wrote:Very busy tonight but will have reactions up tomorrow, as well as Walsh in the House and Singh responding with Scotty


Is your avatar an un-doctored image of Netanyahu?


Its a placeholder
Klobuchar/Buttigieg 2020

18-year-old American with too much time on his hands and not enough motivation to waste it properly. Republican, if that even means anything anymore. Token Racial Minority. Token Gay Guy. Texan. 80's Pop Czar. Candy Corn/Disco Apologist and Aspiring Diplomat. Booker Antagonist, Goldwater Shill. Role Models include many dead people nobody cares about but who kinda did some cool stuff I guess.

Rest In Peace Anna Rossi, Gone But Never Forgotten
(1986 - 2017)

User avatar
Puertollano
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1865
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
Is your avatar an un-doctored image of Netanyahu?


Its a placeholder


I thought it might not have been real, but I googled 'Netanyahu Bomb Poster' and it came up.

User avatar
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24676
Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

The Republicans+Indy Dems hold the majority in the NY Senate

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:The Republicans+Indy Dems hold the majority in the NY Senate

They do?
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24676
Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:The Republicans+Indy Dems hold the majority in the NY Senate

They do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Senate

Yes

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:They do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Senate

Yes

Oof, welp.

I suppose the Republicans have some strength here. The Indy Dems will be an interesting dynamic to see how they choose to vote on healthcare measures then.
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Pacce
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 27, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pacce » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Here's my OC!

Image


Character Information Sheet


NS Nation Name: Pacce
Character Name: Rosa Blumenthal
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 37
Character Height: 5’7”
Character Weight: 156 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Representative from New York (NY-10)
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: New York
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Assertive, ambitious, intelligent, quick-witted.
Main Weaknesses: Condescending, younger than most representatives, first year in Congress, no political experience aside from activism, short temper.
Biography:
Rosa was born in 1980 to a businessman and an immigrant. She was brought up in the Jewish faith, and is still a devout Jew. She spent her childhood moving constantly through different Brooklyn neighborhoods until her parents decided to settle down in Borough Park. In high school, Rosa would attend protests for many activist groups, and always wanted to see change in the world. Rosa went to college wanting to be an archaeologist, but after she received her undergraduate degree from New York University, she found her true passion in law. She earned a law degree from Columbia, and became a lawyer.

While at law school, Rosa met Oliver Blumenthal, and the two married a year after they graduated. They set up a law firm together, and are both very successful. Once Rosa was an established lawyer, her father, Julian, passed away from a stroke. Rosa’s mother, Emilia, struggled with his loss and eventually moved in with Rosa to be closer to the ones she loved.

In late 2015, Rosa’s mother encouraged her to make the change she wanted to see in the world. Rosa decided to run, not expecting much. The 10th Congressional District had been held by a Democrat for the past twenty-five years, and the incumbent was almost guaranteed a win during the primaries. Miraculously, the incumbent was the suspect in a sexual assault case involving two celebrities, which led to him stepping down from his position. Rosa won the primary, and had a landslide victory during the election. After being elected, she went on several nonsensical Twitter rants that lowered her popularity.

Other Info: Fluent in both English and Spanish, half Puerto Rican.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Pacce

Do Not Remove: 84721

User avatar
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24676
Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 pm

There is one sneaky provision in there, that the Republican Leader knows he can use to balance the budget

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 3506
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:NS just friggin ate my post, I don't know how it keeps doing that


On the phone maybe? That’s what keeps happening to me, the browser just auto reloads if i don’t keep in on that tab

User avatar
Federal States of Xathuecia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9065
Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Bruke, I have responded with Scotty in the flashback.
The Federal States of Xathuecia

The Washington 2017 Roleplay || Veteran Status

Progressive Party
Eastern Region Chair Noémie Thatcher of Massachusetts
Democratic Party
Mayoral Candidate Scotty Marlowe of Los Angeles
Representative Eleanor McCroskey of New York
Former Senator Josephine Stafford of Michigan
Republican Party
Acoma Energy CEO Cassandra Arumb of Colorado
Senatorial Candidate Marli O of New York
Governor Julie Mondale of Ohio

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 3506
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Bruke, I have responded with Scotty in the flashback.


Oh I know you have, it’s just taking me forever to write up a post. I’m trying to be as accurate as possible to not have my characters suffer IC for a mistake I made OOC.

Also, I’m going to do a noticeable change in diction from now on, I just realized I’ve been writing Morton and Cao as if they spoke like me, and not like elderly people in their 70s who went to college. TOO MANY CONTRACTIONS

Long story short, just try not to mention it IC.
Last edited by Bruke on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 3506
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Pacce wrote:Here's my OC!

(Image)


Character Information Sheet


NS Nation Name: Pacce
Character Name: Rosa Blumenthal
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 37
Character Height: 5’7”
Character Weight: 156 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Representative from New York (NY-10)
Appearance: (Image)
Character State of Origin: New York
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Assertive, ambitious, intelligent, quick-witted.
Main Weaknesses: Condescending, younger than most representatives, first year in Congress, no political experience aside from activism, short temper.
Biography:
Rosa was born in 1980 to a businessman and an immigrant. She was brought up in the Jewish faith, and is still a devout Jew. She spent her childhood moving constantly through different Brooklyn neighborhoods until her parents decided to settle down in Borough Park. In high school, Rosa would attend protests for many activist groups, and always wanted to see change in the world. Rosa went to college wanting to be an archaeologist, but after she received her undergraduate degree from New York University, she found her true passion in law. She earned a law degree from Columbia, and became a lawyer.

While at law school, Rosa met Oliver Blumenthal, and the two married a year after they graduated. They set up a law firm together, and are both very successful. Once Rosa was an established lawyer, her father, Julian, passed away from a stroke. Rosa’s mother, Emilia, struggled with his loss and eventually moved in with Rosa to be closer to the ones she loved.

In late 2015, Rosa’s mother encouraged her to make the change she wanted to see in the world. Rosa decided to run, not expecting much. The 10th Congressional District had been held by a Democrat for the past twenty-five years, and the incumbent was almost guaranteed a win during the primaries. Miraculously, the incumbent was the suspect in a sexual assault case involving two celebrities, which led to him stepping down from his position. Rosa won the primary, and had a landslide victory during the election. After being elected, she went on several nonsensical Twitter rants that lowered her popularity.

Other Info: Fluent in both English and Spanish, half Puerto Rican.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Pacce

Do Not Remove: 84721


Dear friend, have you read the announcement in the OP of the thread?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Damverland

Advertisement

Remove ads