NATION

PASSWORD

The Coming Clash {IC|OPEN}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Vulnier wrote:Tomas 'Tom' Montoya
Skell Head Academy
Late Morning, Saturday, October 7th, 2051

Like many other staff at Skell Head Academy, the weekend was always a blessing to be had. A chance to recuperate away from teaching hundreds of students, and relax with a day into the town, or in the comfort of ones own home. The weekend was supposed to be like this for Tom as well, but instead, he was walking along the long empty corridors of the school. Tom found the school to be unsettling when the halls weren't filled with the voices of students, but today he was glad for the silence, making it easier to hear any noises that were out of the ordinary.

The week had been a rough one for him, and he wished he could say it was because of something tangible, or anything that he could remember that bothered him. He suspected it had to be something supernatural, but because of being constantly busy as the school nurse, he couldn't do much to figure out why. Over the past few days, Tom had been on edge, causing him to use more effort to control his more supernatural senses and try to pretend as if everything was business as usual. Though he had managed, Tom had became far more distracted and irritable, something he hoped people hadn't noticed as the week came to a close. He had made planned today would be a time to unwind and start to figure out what was causing these feelings to manifest.

Tom smirked at that thought as he shook his head, had planned. Yesterday while in a rush to get home, he had forgotten some of his equipment in a little pack he usually brought with him to school. It just contained mundane personal items, save for a magical part for a gun that could actually harm other supernaturals while still in human form. Tom always kept it on himself for safekeeping, but he had forgotten it in his pack this time around.

For the most part though, everything seemed normal as he walked along, listening out for anything out of the ordinary, hearing only his own footsteps and hum of the air conditioning. After a few more winding halls, Tom arrived to a door that had a sign on top of its frame, a red cross symbol on it, his place of work. He tried the handle, but it only jiggled, and didn't budge. He huffed in annoyance as he patted himself down, trying to find his key.

He realized though, he had only brought his taser and his wallet, he had forgotten the key. Tom growled as he clenched his fists, but relented in an annoyed sigh as he hit his head against the door with a soft thud. This week was just not his week...

Otto Fultz
Skell Head Academy
Late Saturday Morning, October 7, 2051

Through the music playing on his phone Otto heard footsteps. Disrupting the meditative cleaning state the janitor often lulled himself into on the quiet weekends. His sharpened hearing tuned into the noise, waiting for something more, as his hand quickly set aside the cleaning materials he was at work with and shut off the music on his phone. The noise was quiet, even to Otto, meaning it had come from across the school.

Due to the lack of students the hallways at Skell Head were dimly lit, only the faint lights that hung over the doorways turned on. Despite being bright outside the hallways took on the ominous vibe of a damp cave at this time, the flickering of the door lights reflecting awkwardly off the tile in the school's hallways. Otto could see no one or nothing in the hallway he stood in, so he began to work his way towards the source of the noise. Moving cautiously, his advanced hearing heard a door handle jiggling, a growl, followed by a soft thud from the same direction as the footsteps. The noise was coming from the administrative hallway where the secretaries spent their day, along with some of the other needed office spaces required for maintaining a school.

Finally stepping into this hallway, several doors down from the nurse's office and the aggravated Tom Montoya, Otto felt a great deal of relief wash over his as he registered the nurse's form in the distance. "Hello Mr. Montoya," his soft voice would echo against the lockers, ceiling, and floor of the hallway. "Do you need any help?" As the janitor responsible for cleaning all of the classrooms regularly, Otto had a master key on hand, along with an individual key for almost every room in the entire school, barring Beaumont's office and the room where the chemistry's teachers materials were stored. He recognized Tom, having spent several years at Skell Head with the nurse, but he did not remember a direct interaction up until this point due to their differing ages.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Ma’antaouakh, The Weather Demon

“I’m Ludovika Sarsenbaev, and for you early viewers, it’s shaping up to be a beautiful—and warm weekend, perfect for the last picnics of the year. The sun should keep the morning in sweater weather, with morning lows in the 50s and a negligible wind chill factor as we move into afternoon highs in the low 70s with beautiful sunny skies, which will carry on into an evening with similarly clear skies. Moving on, our week’s forecast...”

“Well, I’d say you got the gist of it, although you’re a year off, the founder’s name is Henry Jensen, not Jessen, and, if you have a look at my credentials,” I replied, pausing and reaching into my desk, “I have my ‘birth certificate’ right here.”

I pointed to the Cyrillic letters on two lines, and smiled.

“I’m not as sloppy as you and your brethren to believe. There’s a reason I’ve been a foreigner for most of the Information Age, you know. Of course, I’m surprised the fact my voice sounds like it’s coming from an old radio didn’t tip you off. I’m bound to serve this town and deliver the weather until the entire place dies, per the contract I had to sign over a century go. I’ve kept my end of the bargain, and I must say I’ve taken a passing fondness to this place. I’ve faithfully provided my home with perfect weather reports, and you might note that this city has dodged a number of catastrophes that surely would’ve been troublesome had I decided to forecast with the scientific community,” I monologued, my voice having since shifted from the one I used for Ludovika to my own, “So. You’ve clearly come here for a reason other than to invite me to a charity event. What’s your real reason? Let’s hear that ulterior motive, Brother.”

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danny Drystan
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

"Ah, don't worry about me." Danny said and motioned to the creature. While the silver bullet penetrate its skull, it wasn't dead. If anything, at the moment it was confused, and as such, the creature wasn't fighting back, yet. Once the wound had fully healed, it started to struggle again, more fericely now, as if it had been royally ticked off. It only took it a few moments to break out. Once free, it didn't pay any attention to Ana, and instead locked eyes with Danny. Before Ana could speak, Danny spoke again. "Save your magic. I can handle this pooch."

"Quod in viribus partum, et conteret ponere." He began to speak as the creature charged towards him. While he spoke, he closed his eyes and put his hands up, with open palms. "Voco autem vis primordiales chaos, nam est universum nostrum fons."

The creature was in lunging distance of Danny, and so it lunged. But it missed, as Danny avoided the creature with incredible speed and agility. A speed and agility that Ana would recognize as the speed of Danny Drystan.

"Ut primum vi memini enim concupiscit omnia in nihilum." Danny continued as if nothing had happened. The creature once again turned to him, and this time tried to swipe at him during its charge. Once again, Danny avoided it with ease, continuing with what was no obviously a spell magic energy start to radiate from him. "Memini vim praebet aequilibrium quia obiecto custodiens veritatem inane concurrere."

Starting to get annoyed, the creature's eyes started to glow, as it tried to increase pressure around Danny. Danny didn't dodge this. Instead, he raised a hand up, with the palm to the heavens. The pressure didn't hit him, instead the creature was forced to the ground as the pressure it tried to target Danny with struck it.

"Magus primo loco ea dico." He said, and opened his eyes before using his speed to charge towards the crippled creature. As the creature was getting up, Danny made a complete stop, mere inches from the creature, and placed his hand on the creature's head. "Ego O Drystan, obsecro vos, guide manum meam, et det mihi hanc potestatem, ut ex animis creatura ad universum suum, ad quam vacui!"

With that, a magic circle appeared on the creature's head. The creature couldn't move as Danny took a step back, and slammed his hands together, shouting one last thing. "Ab Deme Ultra!"

With that the creature started to shriek as if it was in pain, and started to glow. It only took a moment for details of the creature to vanish behind a blinding light. Once the light faded, the creature was no longer there, and there was no evidence that it once stood there.

"One down. Many more to go." Danny said as sounds and people started to reappear around the park for Ana and Danny. He then looked at Ana, smiled and fell to the ground.

Ana rushed over to Danny's side as he fell, one hand reaching out to support his head before he could become injured.
"Well... I found my magic kid."
With a practiced heft of his unconscious body, Ana lifted him into her arms, whispering the spell that had been dropped in the chaos once more.
"Invisible."
Both she and Danny faded from view just as common people reentered theirs, and she began to walk back to her home.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:The gardens were beautiful.

Botanical gardens were always lovely, but these ones were particularly special, weren't they? She paused to look at one especially beautiful specimen--a sprawling, low-growing plant with enormous lacy leaves the color of a blue spruce, and massive, deep blue-purple blossoms with five rounded petals apiece. "Oh, you are beautiful, aren't you?" she crooned, stroking the petals on one bloom gently. She could've sworn the flower perked up slightly. "Yes, you're exquisite."

She hummed a tune to herself as she straightened up, smoothly turning on one heel, and catching sight of one thing that she did not expect to see--a nun.

A bright smile spread across her face. "Well, hello there," she said sweetly, taking several quick steps forward. "Are you enjoying the gardens?"

I continue to walk through the garden but I can't help but smile sadly since it feels a bit empty without her at my side like it was always when we went out into nature. "Lucia." I mutter to myself remembering my fellow Sister, how is she doing? Is she still in the city? Who is helping her with her condition? Was she assigned any new tasks if so who is her partner if not me?

If you are worried so much about me why did you leave me? I shake my head, cursing my imagination at being able to perfectly imagine her voice, and move away from the flower I had been observing to examine something else, though I can imagine her smile perfectly as I would describe it to her since she knows how much I adore the color blue and that flower had been so beautiful, and move onto viewing something else nearby. Before long though I am approached by a girl with a smile on her face to my surprise, people normally don't approach me due to my clothing.

"Well hello there. Are you enjoying the gardens?" Well she seems harmless, not too far away from me in age either.

I lightly smile, hold the base of my hands against my stomach, and interlace my fingers. "Why yes I am miss, these gardens are very refreshing for me when I have the free time to come here. That and I love this garden quite a bit, it is just... breathtaking in its own way if you know where to look but that is nature itself." I judge what direction she came from and make note of that blue-purple flower I was admiring earlier. "Such as that blue-purple flower along the way you came. Beautiful doesn't describe such a specimen but that might be because I love the color blue." I chuckle on the inside at that, truly my fondness for the color blue is inescapable.
"Of course! If anything can be called beautiful, it'd be the natural world... Though I suppose you wouldn't put it that way." She locked eyes with the nun, a hint of something not quite clear entering her expression. "But disagreements of that kind are only to be expected. I'll certainly agree that that particular flower is an excellent specimen. That sounds cold of me to say, doesn't it... I didn't mean it that way, but choosing the right words is so hard sometimes, you know?"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Special Agent Kato Galen
The Anzakargetsu, D.M.A Headquarters, Giwash
Morning, Saturday, October 7th, 2051

"I'll tell you on the way down to the garage." Kato said and motioned for Aurek to follow. Once they were in the elevator, which they managed to catch alone, Kato began speaking. "Earlier this morning, the D.M.A got an anonymous tip on the Ebony Blood hotline. They gave us the address of a major Ebony Blood operation. If the tip is to be believed, there is two things of interest to the D.M.A, the first being that the Ebony Blood Syndicate has something plenty of goods that are waiting for multiple buyers. If we can hit it, and confescate the goods, then we can make a serious dent into the Syndicates finances. And second..."

The elevator door opened and Kato stepped out, continuing walking now through the garage, with keys in hand to the vehicle they were going to use. As they walked, there was a large number of agents either getting into cars, or pulling out.

"According to the tip, there is a major transaction happening this morning." Kato said and smirked at Aurek, "And do you know what that means?"
At that, Aurek's face twisted into a smile, though it wasn't a particularly typical smile--he smiled in the way that, if it were possible, a shark might when it sensed blood in the water. By this point in their partnership, however, Kato was likely more than used to it. It wasn't an unusual expression on Aurek by any means--it was more common than his genuine smile, even.

"That means important people," he replied, an almost malicious excitement clear in his tone. "Higher-ups from both sides, I'd bet. Probably plenty of manpower and firepower, too. And that means trouble."

He was clearly all too pleased about that idea.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Dr. Frederick H. Grimm
The Grand Giwash Museum of History
Late Morning, Saturday, Oct 7th, 2051

The doctor followed the headmaster to the artifact and stood in silence before the plain leather book on the lectern. Frederick was wary to even get closer to it and activate his cognition but he knew he had to. The doctor took steps slowly closer to the lectern, but not so close that he could touch it and stared at the book for a while longer in silence.

He sighed and said loud enough for Slecg to hear, "Here goes nothing," and activated his power, visions and scenes of history rushed past him as he raced back into time to discern what all he was looking at.

Lee Inaba
The University of Giwash

"The was the most surprising turnaround in history," Lee thought to himself, He then responded to Mirage, "To be fully honest with you, IF Sephtis would've taken me in as a double agent, it was going to be a ploy for me to weaken the Syndicate and kill Sephtis in the end so..."

"But..." he opened his mouth to say something but then stopped and smiled at the red-haired woman and took her hand in his and said, "You've got a deal, we can do detail work later but..." He stopped and stood up before asking her
"Can I buy you a drink? It's the least I can do."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:41 am

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
I continue to walk through the garden but I can't help but smile sadly since it feels a bit empty without her at my side like it was always when we went out into nature. "Lucia." I mutter to myself remembering my fellow Sister, how is she doing? Is she still in the city? Who is helping her with her condition? Was she assigned any new tasks if so who is her partner if not me?

If you are worried so much about me why did you leave me? I shake my head, cursing my imagination at being able to perfectly imagine her voice, and move away from the flower I had been observing to examine something else, though I can imagine her smile perfectly as I would describe it to her since she knows how much I adore the color blue and that flower had been so beautiful, and move onto viewing something else nearby. Before long though I am approached by a girl with a smile on her face to my surprise, people normally don't approach me due to my clothing.

"Well hello there. Are you enjoying the gardens?" Well she seems harmless, not too far away from me in age either.

I lightly smile, hold the base of my hands against my stomach, and interlace my fingers. "Why yes I am miss, these gardens are very refreshing for me when I have the free time to come here. That and I love this garden quite a bit, it is just... breathtaking in its own way if you know where to look but that is nature itself." I judge what direction she came from and make note of that blue-purple flower I was admiring earlier. "Such as that blue-purple flower along the way you came. Beautiful doesn't describe such a specimen but that might be because I love the color blue." I chuckle on the inside at that, truly my fondness for the color blue is inescapable.
"Of course! If anything can be called beautiful, it'd be the natural world... Though I suppose you wouldn't put it that way." She locked eyes with the nun, a hint of something not quite clear entering her expression. "But disagreements of that kind are only to be expected. I'll certainly agree that that particular flower is an excellent specimen. That sounds cold of me to say, doesn't it... I didn't mean it that way, but choosing the right words is so hard sometimes, you know?

I chuckle a little at that. "Sorry, I study botany and you saying that 'specimen' makes me think I am talking to a colleague in the field but it is quite alright. As for picking the right words I know what you mean and, at the risk of picking the wrong words, I would like to disagree with you on how I would label the world, if one considers God the creator of the natural world and thinks that everything that is part of His creation is beautiful then calling it the natural world and saying it is the most beautiful thing is only right because it is true." I shrug. "That was what my sister thought anyway when I would tell her about nature and describe it to her. But pardon me if I don't want to discuss theology or the creation of nature, I am here to relax and not indulge in those disagreements you mentioned." My smile gets a little bit bigger to show I say that in jest. "At the end of the day nature is beautiful and it is a sad thing if people are never able to see it. Though do you think that it is a little stifling for nature to be confined to here? I miss walking in fields and forests as I used to when I had free time."

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Brother Godwyn
Ludovika Sarsenbaev's Office, The CLNN Building, Giwash

"Sloppy enough not to be able to tell when one is bluffing." Brother Godwyn said with a smirk, "The Order only had suspicions, sure, but that's all they were. Suspicions. But the fact that you admitted to my theory means... well, it seems like the sloppy one here is you. We knew about the birth certificates, I know the name is Henry Jessen, and I know the voice matches with your previous disguises."

"Anyways, as for why I am here..." He said, relaxing in the chair, "Well first, you can lower your guard. I'm not here to send you back to Hell, as the Order would normally demand. No, I am here because even the Order is willing to overlook a demoness who hasn't shown any ill intent, considering recent findings. No, I am here to find allies for the Order, as something is coming. Something that will threaten not only this world, but Heaven and Hell, along with other realms of this reality."

Danny Drystan
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

"Ugh..." Danny groaned as his eyes opened, and seeing that he was being carried through the Park he struggled and fell out of Ana's grasp. He didn't know who was carrying him until he hit the ground again. "Oh, hey Miss Koslov. Not dead yet... but seems the cats out of the bag, eh? Just let me lay here for a moment... need to recover my strength..."

Sephtis
Over the Phone

"That... I'm not sure yet." Sephtis said, a slight hint of agitation in his voice, "How you'll be punished can wait. There are a few things more important at this moment. I sent Mirage to deliver a warning to a hitman sent by the Yakuza and Triad. Now, we both know she can handle herself in a fight... normally. But I do worry... she's taking longer than expected. Go check up on her. She went to the University of Giwash. If she's dead, bring me her body. If she's alive, figure out why she is taking her sweet time, and then bring her to me. I'll finish up here, and then return to my residence. Do you understand?"

Mirage
University of Giwash Student Union

"I would take you up on that but..." She pointed to the face mask, "There is a reason I wear this. It helps keep people from recognizing me. You know, its kinda important to remain unknown, even to possible allies. Who knows when someone will stab you in the back. And if I showed my face to everyone, then the D.M.A would have got me years ago... Hell, even Sephtis doesn't know my face. So, yeah, thank you for the offer but, I'll have to respectfully decline... for my own safety of course."

Slecg Beaumont

"So, what did you see?" The old headmaster asked, "And no, I don't actually know what this book is. I do know that it is not a Grimoire. But it is similar to one. I also know that it has been dormant until a few months ago. I also know that there are protective spells on it to prevent it from being removed from this room. I also know that whoever brought it here, brought it here for a reason."

Special Agent Kato Galen
The Anzakargetsu, D.M.A Garage, Giwash

"Bingo." Kato said and then pointed to Aurek, "And that means we bring them back alive for questioning, and then for them to be put through the system."

With that, they got into a vehicle and started driving.

"So, lets go over what we know." Kato began speaking while behind the wheel. "What is the Ebony Blood Syndicate, and what is their business?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Vulnier wrote:-snip-

-snip-

Tom flinched as he a voice echo around the halls, looking around as he tried to pinpoint where he had heard the voice, startled to see someone a few doors down. This only lasted a few moments, as he soon recognized who it was. "Jesus Otto!" Tom exclaimed as he tried to calm himself down. Tom had seen the custodian around from time to time, though he never tried to talk to him. He seemed like a good guy, but Tom figured the guy liked his space and just didn't want to bother him.

"Sneaking up on me like that, ya gave me quiet a scare friend." Tom continued, as he nervously laughed off the custodians sudden appearance and was about to point a finger to shake at Otto. Midway he saw his nails had partly sharpened, fur starting to form on his hand as well. He instead than crossed his arms, covering his hands from view.
Last edited by Vulnier on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Otto Fultz

"You're telling me, Tom," Otto replied, his ears ringing after the nurse's shout, having ultra sensitive hearing made unexpected loud noises a perilous, but he had learned to respond without visible aggravation. He felt bad for frightening his fellow staff member, the man's heartbeat was audible through his chest. "I thought I was alone here today, nobody ever comes around here at this time expect for me. Mostly because no one has to be here except for me. When I heard your footsteps and a door rattling, oh boy, I thought I'd landed in some sort of supernatural mess!"

Unbothered by Tom's strange mannerisms, Otto has stepped forward taking his key and unlocking the nurse's office. He swings the door open, flicking the lights on and stepping back. "Tell me, what brings you around today? Last time I checked there were no injured kids around. Did you forget something or other?"

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm

“I’m Ludovika Sarsenbaev, and for you early viewers, it’s shaping up to be a beautiful—and warm weekend, perfect for the last picnics of the year. The sun should keep the morning in sweater weather, with morning lows in the 50s and a negligible wind chill factor as we move into afternoon highs in the low 70s with beautiful sunny skies, which will carry on into an evening with similarly clear skies. Moving on, our week’s forecast...”

I smiled knowingly, nodding as he spoke. Of course they couldn't know for sure; the truth was a secret that died among mortals with old Henry. Henry Jensen. I wasn't going to correct the monk again.

"I thought so. Had to make sure you didn't get as...excited...as the few others who've came up here have. A few pompous souls have come into my office, and they show their true colours when I confirmed the story. I...won't continue to monologue; some secrets stay with me!" I drawled, tracing my finger along one of the drawers, "So, I digress. The Order's mellowed out, it seems, or is this threat so great that they need just the right...forecast...perhaps? You've got me intrigued. What's this threat about? What's this something?"

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Alexander Denton
The Bronze Dragon Tap/University of Giwash

A faint flicker of relief coursed through Alexander's body at the revelation that Sephtis didn't actually have any punishment in mind and his new mission to check up on Mirage offered some slim hope of redemption. "I understand sir! I'll go find her immediately sir!" he declared, taking the phone for himself and hurrying out of the bar. Since the woman wasn't told about the mission Alex wasn't bringing her and that meant what felt like freedom for the first time in a very long while for Alexander.

His bike was waiting outside, it wasn't the preferred mode of transport for most Ebony Blood agents but he was still a High Schooler. The Bronze Dragon Tap was in Hamacker. An area he'd had to learn like the back of his hand and an area where few other High Schoolers would dare tread. He weaved in and out of alleys and shortcuts, eventually emerging into Giwash proper. As he passed crowds of normal humans who couldn't help but stop and stare at him he tried desperately to distract himself by staring at the architecture of the city. He liked the attention but... Sometimes he'd like an off switch. There were so many skyscrapers, so many advertisements, so many churches. Why aren't they preying to me? Why am I not on those skyscrapers? The dawning realization that those churches were full of nutjobs who wanted nothing more than to have him hung drawn and quartered pushed his legs on and he soon arrived at the University.

Alexander had been at the University once along with the rest of his class, attending a lecture by the esteemed Slecg Beaumont, some old crank who droned on about the war for a while. Alexander cherished those more normal moments. The Universities' Student Union was empty, as to be expected on a Saturday but Alexander would rather ask whatever students remained there for help than ask a teacher about an Ebony Blood agent. The first person he saw was some guy talking to himself and Alexander rushed over. A warm, pleasant rush would fill the strangers head, although not as powerful on metahumans Alexander's aura would sort of smooth out reality around Alex, making him seem far more friendly than he was being, as well as making people continuously assume the best of him. "Hey this is a weird question but have you seen a..." Alex realized he had no idea what Mirage's face actually looked like "uh a Scottish lady, around your age I think? Red hair? Wearing a goofy mask usually..." Alex realized how weak his description was and mentally prepared himself to me in for a long day of searching.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Lloa Rock Park
Late Morning, Oct. 7th 2051

"Where did everyone go?" Marcel though to himself, suddenly noticing a change in the atmosphere of the park. There hadn't been many people at the park to begin with this morning, but now, it was like they had all disappeared. Something wasn't right.

Bang! A single gunshot rung out. Instinct kicked in; Marcel dropped to the ground, going prone on top of the tarmac and gravelly soil. Get to cover, get to cover - there wasn't much cover in this flat area, but the walking trail was very slightly raised off of the ground. It would have to do. He slowly slid his way into the depression - rapid movement attracts the eye - controlling his breathing to make as little noise as possible, making use of his dark outfit to conceal himself in the ditch's shadow. He deliberately turned to face the direction the shots came from, arm at his side. Was it an attempt against his life? A mob war spilling out of Hamacker?

No, it was something far more bizarre. A lady with brightly colored hair, armed with a revolver, pointing it towards a strange beast being restrained by chains that appeared out of thin air, and flanked by that mysterious person from before - now clearly revealed to be a teenage boy. She wasn't in the park before, he definitely would've remembered her, and [i]what the hell was that thing[i]? It was clear that this was something worth noting. He slowly reached into his pocket, quietly pulling out his phone, turning it to its side to minimize its profile, and covering it with his hands. Snip. Snip. Snip. He silently recorded the scene.

What happened next upped the ante on the strangeness. The beast had broken free, but the teenager stood his ground. He muttered stuff while facing it, glowing symbols appearing on the beast's head. Then, he shouted something, punching the beast in the head. The beast disappeared and the teenager collapsed; with that, a couple people started to phase back into the park, and the atmosphere felt normal again. The lady picked up the teenager, and suddenly just...disappeared? Was that physically possible?

Marcel waited a couple minutes longer before he moved again, facing the opposite direction and slowly standing up. The teenager he had recognized from his study of Giwashian pop culture back in Appalachia, it was a famous kid idol. The lady he didn't, but it shouldn't take too long to find out who she was. He stretched, and continued jogging, out of the park to his next stop for the day.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Brother Godwyn

"Just don't. No weather puns." Brother Godwyn sighed, "Anyways, there has been some strange events here in Giwash recently... such as the strange events surrounding Lloa Rock Park. Though, I suspect that you are aware of that. Despite the strange happenings in the park, the Order isn't to worried about what is happening in Lloa Rock Park. The Hunt will likely deal with that. What worries the Order more is the sudden decrease in supernatural beings, and the sudden increase in magical energies coming from five different locations. Magic energies that are indicative of powerful relics."

"We currently have only been able to locate the source locations for two of the five energy spikes we've detected." He said, "One is at the Giwash Museum of History, and the Anzakargetsu. The Order has already sent someone to investigate the source at the Museum, but even we can not investigate in the Anzakargetsu. Anyways, we are not coming to ask for your help in investigating... No, we are asking if we can call upon you if Giwash falls into conflict. We have reason to believe that these increases have something to do with the Ebony Blood Syndicate, and, more importantly, have something to do with a certain Witch that the Order has finally tracked down to Giwash... The Witch of Arcadia. Have you heard of her?"

Mirage

"Oh, looks like Sephtis finally sent someone to check on me." Mirage sighed, only being heard by Lee, as soon as Alexander started asking for her. "Here's a little info for you Lee. This chatter box, who acts like he cares, is Septhis' go to for talking deals with other groups when Sephtis doesn't feel its important for him to attend. After all, he does have a power that helps with negotiations, and he's probably employing it right now. Alexander Denton. Don't kill him. He's just a fool. And I suspect he's either a narcissist or germophobe, or a bit of both."

"I should probably get going..." Mirage said as she stood up, still only visible and audible to Lee. She walked around Alexander, and returned Lee's Tanto to his bag. She turned one last time to Lee, and spoke once again. "Tell the fool that you saw someone matching the description he gave heading for the front entrance. He doesn't know who you are, and best keep it that way."

With that she winked, and started to walk away. As she walked away, Lee would notice her start to shimmer, before she finally disappeared from his sight.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 pm

"Lighten up won't you? I'm on the picture show with the weather, so puns are simple in-dee-spensable to my repertoire of English!" I chuckled, my Mid-Atlantic radio distortion growing once more distinct as I let my true personality more free, "But, this Witch of Arcadia? I haven't heard much of her. A few of my colleagues are investigative journalists, so I have a...bit of name recognition. Never heard anything more myself."

"Whatever the case is, tell your friends back at the church that if they keep putting the right cards on the table, they've got an ally here. Take a cookie off my desk if you'd like, by the way," I continued, gesturing at the open tin, "There's snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin. Back on topic, though. I'll get you with my contacts to see if any of them have information on the Ebony Blood Syndicate, and ask my associates to do the same. If you ever need a specific kind of weather, telephone, text, email, or, heh, telegraph me. I'll write it down for you, or you can hand me your device. I get far too many emails and telephones as it is, so I'll be giving you my per-so-nal addresses."

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Dr. Frederick H. Grimm
The Grand University of Giwash
Late Morning, Saturday, Oct. 7th, 2051

Traveling through the past can be...confusing and sometimes nauseating. Suddenly the Doctor dropped in a misty scene but before him he saw eight men, all looking like teenagers sitting on some fallen logs staring at another. This particular man they watched had white hair and was performing magic.

Suddenly the scene changed and Frederick was staring at above a large tree stump. Thirteen books, all matching each other and more importantly, matching the book that sat on the lectern at the Museum. Eight of the books are grabbed by eight different persons, leaving behind five.

Once again, the scene shifted and he watched the white-haired man walk along a dusty path with a single travel sack on his back. Soon after he saw the same man handing one of the matching books to a person out of sight.

Suddenly, Frederick was on a battlefield. He watched a figure he hadn't seen before open one of these books. Strange symbols appear across the person's body as the small, plain leather book grows and becomes more ornately decorated. An instant later, he saw the remains of the battlefield, the figure from before collapses to their knees as the book shuts and returns to its original state.

Now, further forward in time, Frederick sees a book being handed to a figure, this one, in particular, is dressed in the garb of a World War One soldier

Now he sees thirteen people in a circle, each holding one of the thirteen books. Within the circle stands the same white-haired person from before as he performs magic on another in the circle, magic chains binding the man between the thirteen in the circle.

Finally he watched a single book as seasons changed and time passed behind it until a hand touches it and he hears the words, "Is this....a Void Tome?"

Suddenly Frederick was back in today, gasping and taking in a deep breath to recompose himself. Digging into the past of this object was far more difficult than anything he had encountered before.

He turned to Slecg and asked, "What...do you know about Void Tomes?" He straightened his glasses and answered Slecg's questions, "I saw thirteen of those books those...Void Tomes whatever exactly those are, a white-haired man who seems to possess magic and some near immortal longevity if the flow of time was correct. Those Tomes though...I've seen maybe a portion of what power it has within it...and with a user it is Very powerful and terrifying."

Lee Inaba
The University of Giwash

"Fair enough..some other time though, I'm getting you a drink." He acted like he hung up his phone as Mirage left and dusted himself off before turning to this Alexander, suddenly feeling very relaxed, not something Lee feels very often while sober with his line of work.

"Uh, hey guy," He responded, "I can't say if she was Scottish or not man, but when I was coming in here earlier I saw some red-haired chick with a mask leaving out front. She do cosplay or something? "

Lee reached over to sling his backpack back over his shoulder while he waited for this Alexander kid to respond.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danny Drystan
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

"Ugh..." Danny groaned as his eyes opened, and seeing that he was being carried through the Park he struggled and fell out of Ana's grasp. He didn't know who was carrying him until he hit the ground again. "Oh, hey Miss Koslov. Not dead yet... but seems the cats out of the bag, eh? Just let me lay here for a moment... need to recover my strength..."

Ana smirked. A muttered incantation led to her next words being heard directly in Danny's mind, well-aware of the passersby now in the vicinity.
"Which cat? That you're a magic user, which I already knew, or that big angry 'cat' that you just banished or killed or similar? Neither was a particularly secure bag, to be sure."
She extended a hand to help him return to his feet after he had rested for a moment.
"Many eyes and ears around. Meet me at the Koslov mansion if you want to take the initiative to discuss things~ if not, I know where to find you when I need more info."
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Alexander Denton
The University of Giwash

The perfect excuse! Alexander grinned and gave a nervous laugh "Yeah cosplay! She almost never takes that mask off." he said, rushing quickly to the front entrance of the university, cursing quietly under his breath at the fact that he'd been sent to chase after what sometimes seemed like a literal shadow.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Of course! If anything can be called beautiful, it'd be the natural world... Though I suppose you wouldn't put it that way." She locked eyes with the nun, a hint of something not quite clear entering her expression. "But disagreements of that kind are only to be expected. I'll certainly agree that that particular flower is an excellent specimen. That sounds cold of me to say, doesn't it... I didn't mean it that way, but choosing the right words is so hard sometimes, you know?

I chuckle a little at that. "Sorry, I study botany and you saying that 'specimen' makes me think I am talking to a colleague in the field but it is quite alright. As for picking the right words I know what you mean and, at the risk of picking the wrong words, I would like to disagree with you on how I would label the world, if one considers God the creator of the natural world and thinks that everything that is part of His creation is beautiful then calling it the natural world and saying it is the most beautiful thing is only right because it is true." I shrug. "That was what my sister thought anyway when I would tell her about nature and describe it to her. But pardon me if I don't want to discuss theology or the creation of nature, I am here to relax and not indulge in those disagreements you mentioned." My smile gets a little bit bigger to show I say that in jest. "At the end of the day nature is beautiful and it is a sad thing if people are never able to see it. Though do you think that it is a little stifling for nature to be confined to here? I miss walking in fields and forests as I used to when I had free time."
"Of course," she said softly. "It's horrible that they have to be confined like this, but... the world we live in demands it. And since many of them can't exactly fight back, on their own... well, at the very least they're only being cooped up and not exterminated entirely. This world is far too good at snuffing things out, so I try to just be grateful for what it does allow to live..."
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Special Agent Kato Galen

"Bingo." Kato said and then pointed to Aurek, "And that means we bring them back alive for questioning, and then for them to be put through the system."

With that, they got into a vehicle and started driving.

"So, lets go over what we know." Kato began speaking while behind the wheel. "What is the Ebony Blood Syndicate, and what is their business?"
"What is this, school?" Aurek replied flatly, before starting to speak in the very quick and very flat voice of someone who had gone over the same information many times and was rather annoyed to be asked to repeat it. "Largest criminal organization in Giwash. All sorts of lovely crimes. Counterfeiting, money laundering, fraud, weapons dealing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, et cetera. Though as both of us know perfectly well, we're mostly paying attention to the metahuman trafficking. Major players include some freak with delusions of grandeur calling himself Primus Eidolon, Mirage, though that's not her real name either, and Sephtis, which is also probably an alias. Also we're likely to be heading into a heavily protected area. Et cetera. Et cetera. Et cetera. You know this perfectly well and you know that I know this perfectly well. Is there a point to this?"
Last edited by Charlia on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Slecg Beaumont

"Void Tomes..." Slecg said as he looked to think, after a long moment he sighed. "Only very old stories. They are supposedly only legends even among the magical and supernatural community. Though there has always been the chance that the story were true, as the story has been found in eight different locations, in eight different languages and scripts. They all seem to say the same thing. The stories start a very, very long time ago, during a time when the world had yet to be bathed completely by the power of magic. The Void Tomes were created by the first magic user to walk the surface of this Earth. The first magic user bound nothingness, and took pieces from it. These pieces of nothingness were then forced into 13 blank books."

"And this is where the story becomes anachronistic." He said with a chuckle, "First reports of magic were recorded by the Summerians, long before the first books. Though, it could be a mistranslation. Anyways, these 13 blank books infused with pieces of nothingness became the Void Tomes. Each Tome had the power to level forests, reshape mountains and change the course of time. Such power could not be trusted with just anyone, and as the story goes, the first magic user gave 8 of the Tomes to their first eight students. The eight students then made an oath on their bloodline, to protect the Tomes given to them and to ensure they never fell into the wrong hands. With an oath made, the students left the first magic user."

"Stories surrounding the four of the five other Tomes also exist. There was one Tome that had no stories surrounding it, and so it became known as the Lost Volume." The old man finished and then looked at the good doctor, "Seeing as you believe this to be a Void Tome, then it seems these legends are more truthful than I originally believed. It also lends credence to the claims of a certain group of eight magic families... who hail from locations that align with the sources for the Void Tome legends."

"The Eight Families I speak of claim to be descendants of the original students of the first magic user, and all are still around to a degree." Slecg stated, "House Hardouin from France; the Arashihana family from Japan; House Rasputin from Russia; the Astvaldursson Clan from Norway originally, now live in Iceland; the Maolmhaghna Clan from Ireland; the al-Zadeh family from Egypt; the House of Santocoltello who claim to originally be from Israel but have lived in Italy since the reign of Constantine; and finally, House Marmara of Malta."

"If you want more information, then perhaps a head or someone high up in one of the Eight Family's will be able to answer your questions..." With that he started to chuckle, "Luckily for you, I happen to know that a high up of the Arashihana family is currently visiting Giwash on business. And I know this because I was going to meet with them tomorrow as they are looking to make a rather sizable donation to the Skell Head Academy, in both money and books to update the Academy's library."

Special Agent Kato Galen

"Just making sure we are on the same page." Kato said, "All three of the big players of the Syndicate are assumed to be metahumans. From what the D.M.A can determine, Primus Eidolon's power is a sort of mental power that makes people more agreeable. Not much is known if he has any skill in combat, but from what the D.M.A can figure, Primus Eidolon is all bark, no bite. Mirage's power is an unknown beyond that it has to do with illusions or something like that. We do know that she is a capable fighter, and knows how to employ her power to become a notable threat. Finally there is Sephtis. We only know his name. The D.M.A has never seen him, nor have we come across anyone willing to spill the beans on his power. But we do know that he was able to usurp the position of head of the Syndicate after eliminating the previous leader, who according to the D.M.A was probably the second most dangerous meta in Giwash, behind the Hammer of Giwash himself, Slecg Beaumont."

After some driving, they finally drove past the abandoned building that the tip pointed them to. Kato pulled their vehicle down an alley around the corner from the site. But he didn't get out yet. Instead he remained in his seat.

"Now, we wait for everyone to get in position," Kato said as he loaded his pistols, "And for our eyes to get a view of the deal. We will be going through the buildings back door, once we get the signal. We will go right for Sephtis, if he is present. Sounds fun, eh?"

Brother Godwyn

"I don't need your personal addresses... the Order already has them." Brother Godwyn smirked, "Thank you for the offer of cookies, but I'll have to decline. Anyways, the Witch of Arcadia is an extremely dangerous witch, and it would be best if you don't look to deep into her. After all, she is the most powerful Witch known to be active at this time. As there is nothing else I am required to say, then I will take my leave."

Mirage

As soon as Alexander came to a stand still outside the front entrance of the Student Union, he would feel someone flick the back of his head. Only when he turned around would he see Mirage standing right behind him.

"Sephtis getting inpatient?" Mirage asked, "That's the only reason why I would think that our glorious leader would have sent you here. To find me that is. He really is a hopeless boy sometimes... can't live without me. Don't you agree Alexander."

She drew out the Alexander and sounded if she was smirking to herself behind her mask.

Danny Drystan
Koslov mansion, Giwash
Nearing Noon, Saturday, October 7th, 2051

Well, here he was, standing out front of the Koslov mansion. After Ana had helped him to his feet back in Lloa Rock Park, he returned to where he left his scarf and toque, grabbed them and headed back to leave the park. When he was trying to leave, he got ambushed by some people. Bodyguards hired by his manager to protect Danny. It seemed they realized that he left the hospital. After a phone call, and short discussion, Danny cleared up more time for himself, and made his way to the Koslov mansion. He managed to convince his bodyguards to wait outside the property, as he was just meeting with a teacher.

And so, here he was. Danny only came, not because he wanted to discuss things, but because he knew that if he didn't take the initiative, Miss Koslov would have questions. So he made his way to the door, knocked and rang the bell.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Special Agent Kato Galen

"Just making sure we are on the same page." Kato said, "All three of the big players of the Syndicate are assumed to be metahumans. From what the D.M.A can determine, Primus Eidolon's power is a sort of mental power that makes people more agreeable. Not much is known if he has any skill in combat, but from what the D.M.A can figure, Primus Eidolon is all bark, no bite. Mirage's power is an unknown beyond that it has to do with illusions or something like that. We do know that she is a capable fighter, and knows how to employ her power to become a notable threat. Finally there is Sephtis. We only know his name. The D.M.A has never seen him, nor have we come across anyone willing to spill the beans on his power. But we do know that he was able to usurp the position of head of the Syndicate after eliminating the previous leader, who according to the D.M.A was probably the second most dangerous meta in Giwash, behind the Hammer of Giwash himself, Slecg Beaumont."

After some driving, they finally drove past the abandoned building that the tip pointed them to. Kato pulled their vehicle down an alley around the corner from the site. But he didn't get out yet. Instead he remained in his seat.

"Now, we wait for everyone to get in position," Kato said as he loaded his pistols, "And for our eyes to get a view of the deal. We will be going through the buildings back door, once we get the signal. We will go right for Sephtis, if he is present. Sounds fun, eh?"
"A power to make people more agreeable, huh? Well, that'll be entertaining. I'd like to see him try to use it on me, see what happens. If it's powerful enough he might even be able to make me half as calm as you are." He grinned, though it still wasn't particularly happy. "Guess we'll see some of this other stuff if they show up... Sounds fun for sure." His smile widened, and he played idly with the bracelet on his left wrist, toying with the crucifix attached.

Mama, if you could see me now... I wonder if you'd be proud, or ashamed.

But you can't, so it hardly matters.

"Finally, a little excitement..."

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Alexander Denton
University of Giwash

Alexander jumped as she flicked him, spinning around to come face to face with her mask "Don't do shit like that." he hissed. "I thought it was a Church Zealot or something sent to finally kill me. And it's Eidolon. Never use my real name. You know how many people are forced to stare at me every day? It feels like everyone in this city knows who I am so I don't appreciate you screaming my name all the time." He was very clearly frustrated. "And yes he has sent me and no he isn't a "hopeless boy" never call him that! He sent me to make sure you weren't dead; not because he desperately needs you for some new job. You don't even do anything. Plus... I think he has a punishment in mind for me so maybe this is part of it. We're supposed to get to his house as soon as possible." He sat back down on his bike.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Mirage

"Seesh, relax Alex." Mirage said, "Do you really think I'd casually through your name around without having certain precautions in place? Only you can see me at the moment, and only you can hear me at the moment. And I wasn't screaming... Though I could if that's what you want."

With that she took a deep breath, and put her hands around the location where her mouth would be if it wasn't covered.

"Alexander Denton! Alexander Denton is right here! Sephtis' favourite instrument of deals!" Mirage shouted, and after a moment looked back to Alexander, "See, no one can hear me but you. Or they just don't give a shit... Either way works out. So, just relax. Do you really believe that he cares if I ended up dead. This is Sephtis we are talking about. Also, why shouldn't I call him that? Not like you are going to tell him what I say. After all, Spehtis is more likely to believe me over you, am I right Alex?"

This time, his name came out in a more threatening tone.

"Anyways, no need to rush." She said and looked to the sky, "After all, he should still be busy with that big deal with that quote on quote, Key."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Alexander Denton
University of Giwash

Alex's face went on red and he felt like he was on fire. How dare she so openly flaunt her power over him? Didn't she know who he was? Didn't she know he was destined to rule the world. But still... She was right, Sephtis would believe her, she was higher ranked after all though Alex didn't know why. "Well he might believe you now but after you took so long to deal with a single kid connected with the Yakuza while I single handedly got our hands on boatloads of cash I think we both know I'm in for a promotion! And that's not even counting all the other amazing stuff I routinely do. After that I'm sure my word will way just as much as yours do." he was quite clearly fantasizing about the prospect.

"But yeah I don't think he really cares, maybe he's just angry with you? Or maybe that big deal went south and he needs us both. Though I'm not sure what good your powers do. How do they even work? Like when you go to class does everyone just sit on you?" he looked genuinely curious with a little childish naivete mixed in as he walked his bicycle down to the street.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 am

Lee Inaba
University of Giwash
Late Morning, October 7th, 2051

Lee grabbed his cup of coffee and strolled towards the front exit. By the time he walked out the door of the Union, he could see the Alexander guy walking down the street with his bike. He was looking at nothing and his mouth was moving ”Probably Mirage” Lee guessed before pulling out his phone. From the doorway, Lee zoomed his phone camera to get a few clear shots and Alexander before he was too far away and nonchalantly slid his phone away and walked the opposite direction, his thoughts to himself.

”I’m going to have to go off the grid, even if Mirage is working with me, I need leverage, someone making my cover was sloppy, somehow she knew my name and what I am, only the Yakuza and Triads are supposed to know who I really am so I could use my regular name. That’s annoying”

Lee took an Uber to his house and started packing some bags and gathering some supplies, including his weapons and outfit for missions. He then pulled up his email to tell his professors he would be gone for family business but didn’t specify for how long. He bought a Southwest Airlines flight to Los Angeles under his name and then pulled out a passport and a driver’s license. Ones that did not have his name or his face on it, but not for long. He sipped his coffee as he looked for deals on hotel prices in Giwash

Dr. Frederick H. Grimm
The Grand Giwash Museum Of History

Fredrick stroked his beard thoughtfully as he listened to the information Slecg told humans he raised his eyebrows at the stroke of luck regarding one of the eight families. “You would of course have these connections Beaumont.” He responded,

“I suppose I should ask for an invitation to visit Skell while this person is visiting for their very generous donations. The information you’ve given me is huge and I can’t thank you enough, but the more the Order has to work with the better so I would very much appreciate a private discussion between us and this member of the eight families.”
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:17 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:

Otto Fultz

"You're telling me, Tom," Otto replied, his ears ringing after the nurse's shout, having ultra sensitive hearing made unexpected loud noises a perilous, but he had learned to respond without visible aggravation. He felt bad for frightening his fellow staff member, the man's heartbeat was audible through his chest. "I thought I was alone here today, nobody ever comes around here at this time expect for me. Mostly because no one has to be here except for me. When I heard your footsteps and a door rattling, oh boy, I thought I'd landed in some sort of supernatural mess!"

Unbothered by Tom's strange mannerisms, Otto has stepped forward taking his key and unlocking the nurse's office. He swings the door open, flicking the lights on and stepping back. "Tell me, what brings you around today? Last time I checked there were no injured kids around. Did you forget something or other?"

Tom managed a nervous laugh, smiling weakly at that remark. If only you knew... was all Tom thought as he stepped back to let Otto unlock the door. Tom watched as Otto did so, wincing slightly at the pain as his nails slowly grew and fur formed on his hand. After the custodian turned on the light, Tom did a quick scan of the room for anything out of the ordinary and bag.

The office had the same general layout as any other one, as well as that same, clean antiseptic smell, helping to relax Tom a little. The room had about four, light blue colored recovery beds that were evenly spaced out with two on the left wall and the other two on the right. The right back corner of the room had a base cabinet with a sink, a few glass jars filled with cotton balls, tongue depressors, and even one with lollipops in it. It also had a medium sized metal cabinet next to it, where all of the medical supplies were stored. In the other corner, there was a door that lead to a small bathroom. There was another door on the right as soon as you entered the room, that was where his office was.

TomThanssed his hands further against himself as the custodian stepped back, putting on a strained smile as Otto began talking to him. "Pretty much what you just said. Left a small backpack here somewhere 'round the room in my hurry to get out yesterday." Tom eyed the open door. "Hasn't been best week fo' me..."
Last edited by Vulnier on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse