NATION

PASSWORD

*Mystery Inc* Coolsville Dead (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Das Redner
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

*Mystery Inc* Coolsville Dead (OOC/Signups)

Postby Das Redner » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 am

________________________________________________________________________________________

When Coolsville USA is overrun by the undead, it's up to Scooby Doo and the gang to solve this nightmarish mystery.

After a night at the movies, Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma are heading to Daphne’s house to spend the night. As they notice that the town is unusually desolate, they hurry home to Daphne’s mansion. To their horror, they find Daphne’s father Nedley cannibalizing Elizabeth Blake’s corpse. In a psychotic rage, Nedley attacks them, forcing them to regrettably kill him.
Soon, the gang realizes that the entire town of Coolsville has been overrun by the undead, as corpses rise to feast upon the living.

With no other choice at hand, Mystery Inc is forced to fend off the undead by any means necessary as they look to solve this undead mystery. Along the way, they encounter others who have survived this strange outbreak, and will help them in their search for the truth.
This will prove to be the most terrifying, bloodiest, and darkest mystery that Mystery Inc has faced yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

RP OVERVIEW
So as you can see, this is a sort of “dark Scooby-Doo RP”, a step away from the usually comic-ridden fun fest that is the Scooby Doo franchise. It explores violence, survivalism, treachery, and just has an overall sinister air about it compared to the usual. The RP is realistic based, meaning that if pictures are included, they MUST be realistic. No cartoons or animations. Also, unlike the “real life” Scooby-Doo movies, in this particularly RP Mystery Inc are not renowned celebrity detectives with their own “mystery museum” and the lot. They are treated much like they are in the older series’, little more than “meddling do-gooder” kids.

The RP overall has room for six players, plus myself. Fred, Daphne, and Velma are “playable” roles, as are Shaggy and Scooby. However, Shaggy and Scooby must be roled together by a single player, as Scooby’s role will be rather light to afford him his own playable status. Along with Mystery Inc, I will allow for two additional “survivors” to be inserted into the story. These can be custom-created and original characters.
I will of course role as minor NPC’s, notable undead and undead hordes, and the villain behind the outbreak.

Below you will find a basic set rules and the application.

RULES

1. General NS rules; no godmodding, metagaming, spamming, flaming, baiting, cyber bullying, raging, and etc.

2. No references to the Zombie Island Movie. None. I mean it. Try me.

3. No XXX/Smut material.

MORE RULES POSSIBLY TBA

APPLICATIONS
(No reservations. Characters are first come first serve.)
(Scooby-Doo doesn’t require an application.)
Code: Select all
Character Full Name:

Gender/Sex: (M or F)

Height: (Please keep canon characters within their canon height parameters.)

Appearance: (REALISTIC IMAGES ONLY) (Uploaded or linked image.)

Personality Description: (Again, restrict canon characters to canon parameters.)

DO NOT REMOVE: Zoinks! Zombies! *multiple gunshots*
Founder of The Nu Reich. (Come join my region!)

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Untempered empathy is a cancerous tumor of the mind.

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 am

ROSTER

•Fred-OPEN
•Daphne-OPEN
•Velma-Habertia
•Shaggy and Scooby-OPEN

•Survivor #1-OPEN
•Survivor #2-OPEN
Last edited by Das Redner on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Yay! I caught this before anyone. Thought between work, the tag ban, no character reservations, my trip to cash my check after work, and even the time writing this upon my return from dinner after work I'd not post in time.

=====================

Character Full Name: Velma Dinkley

Gender/Sex: F

Height: 4' 9"

Appearance:

Personality Description: Velma loves mysteries, and believes that everything can be explained with logic and reason. She tends to be secretive, a bit sly, a tad sarcastic, and protective of her friends. She tends to get competitive around people of equal intellect but is eager to learn from those of greater experience as it'll advance her own knowledge. She's a skeptic, who wont accept anything as supernatural until she's exhausted other explanations. Gang wise she's the one who typically handles research regarding legends, which even while she is quick to dismiss them as 'just stories' she still finds them entertaining enough- again being a fan of the mystery genre. She can enjoy fiction, but wont let her self forget fact. To her all legends began with some fact.

Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:51 am

Harbertia wrote:Yay! I caught this before anyone. Thought between work, the tag ban, no character reservations, my trip to cash my check after work, and even the time writing this upon my return from dinner after work I'd not post in time.

=====================

Character Full Name: Velma Dinkley

Gender/Sex: F

Height: 4' 9"

Appearance:

Personality Description: Velma loves mysteries, and believes that everything can be explained with logic and reason. She tends to be secretive, a bit sly, a tad sarcastic, and protective of her friends. She tends to get competitive around people of equal intellect but is eager to learn from those of greater experience as it'll advance her own knowledge. She's a skeptic, who wont accept anything as supernatural until she's exhausted other explanations. Gang wise she's the one who typically handles research regarding legends, which even while she is quick to dismiss them as 'just stories' she still finds them entertaining enough- again being a fan of the mystery genre. She can enjoy fiction, but wont let her self forget fact. To her all legends began with some fact.

Accepted. Your on the roster.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:12 am

I notice who ever plays Daphne has some things to consider personality wise. It would have been one thing if the gang fled it's another thing- what happened. Certainly something I need to consider in regards to Velma as well since she and the rest of the gang were there but it'll going to impact Daphne the most.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:48 am

Harbertia wrote:I notice who ever plays Daphne has some things to consider personality wise. It would have been one thing if the gang fled it's another thing- what happened. Certainly something I need to consider in regards to Velma as well since she and the rest of the gang was there but it'll going to impact Daphne the most.

Noted and true.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Das Redner wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I notice who ever plays Daphne has some things to consider personality wise. It would have been one thing if the gang fled it's another thing- what happened. Certainly something I need to consider in regards to Velma as well since she and the rest of the gang was there but it'll going to impact Daphne the most.

Noted and true.

Have you considered posting this on the advertisement thread? It might seem like a small thing but there was a period in my NS experience where I didn't bother to look at the forums, only the Advertisment Thread figuring that those who posted on such where serious about their projects. Plus the adverts tended to express a bit more plainly what the experience would entail and what the OP is looking for.

I must seem a nag, but I've gotten interested in this and am feeling anxiety over how others have not flocked to it. Here I was concerned that I wouldn't get my character up in time and now here I am, character approved and thus far the only one- so reason for concern.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:08 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Das Redner wrote:
Noted and true.

Have you considered posting this on the advertisement thread? It might seem like a small thing but there was a period in my NS experience where I didn't bother to look at the forums, only the Advertisment Thread figuring that those who posted on such where serious about their projects. Plus the adverts tended to express a bit more plainly what the experience would entail and what the OP is looking for.

I must seem a nag, but I've gotten interested in this and am feeling anxiety over how others have not flocked to it. Here I was concerned that I wouldn't get my character up in time and now here I am, character approved and thus far the only one- so reason for concern.

I’ll consider this.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:36 pm

STUPID QUESTION TIME:

Why can’t we reference zombie island? Just a thought. I won’t reference it if I make an app.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Clarcia wrote:STUPID QUESTION TIME:

Why can’t we reference zombie island? Just a thought. I won’t reference it if I make an app.

I hope you do make an App, and while I'm not the OP I can give what I think is the reason why.

Zombie Island was the first 'Real Zombie encountered by the Gang' scenario. If the events happened the Gang would be more prepared and thus us players would have to have knowledge of that film to RP such preparation. By removing it from the formula we are allowed greater liberty to explore the 'Gang encounters real Zombies' scenario and the potential player base is expanded beyond those who have seen that film- me for example, I've seen trailers but not the film myself and thus do not know if such would impact Velma's personality as I currently have it being.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Das Redner
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Redner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 am

Harbertia wrote:
Clarcia wrote:STUPID QUESTION TIME:

I hope you do make an App, and while I'm not the OP I can give what I think is the reason why.

Zombie Island was the first 'Real Zombie encountered by the Gang' scenario. If the events happened the Gang would be more prepared and thus us players would have to have knowledge of that film to RP such preparation. By removing it from the formula we are allowed greater liberty to explore the 'Gang encounters real Zombies' scenario and the potential player base is expanded beyond those who have seen that film- me for example, I've seen trailers but not the film myself and thus do not know if such would impact Velma's personality as I currently have it being.

Spot on.

Right-Wing Utopiast.

#PurgeLiberalism

Marveler of Machiavelli.

La Fleur
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby La Fleur » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:41 am

Expect an app from me later ^.^

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 am

La Fleur wrote:Expect an app from me later ^.^

I certainly do ^_^
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:21 pm

Hey Das Redner, how has your consideration on an advert been going? I can assure you it helps, and doesn't take long to produce so if you do have concerns let me know and perhaps we can talk through them or I'll see it differently and understand the delay.
Tomorrow is made today.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse