NATION

PASSWORD

A Hogwarts Yule Ball Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Department of Mysteries
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

A Hogwarts Yule Ball Roleplay (IC)

Postby Department of Mysteries » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:17 pm

A Hogwarts Yule Ball Roleplay

A soft golden glow illuminates the ballroom entrance. Festive music trickles melodically from somewhere afar. The ceiling has been enchanted to reflect the starry night sky with a full moon glimmering as if one could reach out and touch it.

You peek through the glass doors and see witches and wizards, dressed in their finest, standing to the sides expectantly. Waiting, you think, to catch their nerves and to let the music and moment overcome their inhibitions.

The finery is exquisite. Some attendees even sport filigree masks that cover their visages partially or fully. Students from Hogwarts mix with students from the Mahoutokoro School of Magic and the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Sigh. A beautiful couple begin to dance; one slender form moving gracefully as a swan and the other a perfect companion to every step. A few others join the dance, while others get drinks or hors devours and mingle.

You stand at the threshold....

~ Meanwhile ~

Students attending the ball frolicked innocently or mischievously or nervously but beyond the glow of their naivety there were ominous clouds rolling towards them with full speed.

A man and a woman wearing dark robes, spied upon the festively decorated castle from the Forbidden Forest.

The man and woman found a sleeping tree fairy from a snow covered tree. The man held it between his fingers, and quickly plucked its wings and collected them in a vial.

The mewling tree fairy was jolted out of its slumber. The woman pulled her skull mask off her face and looked at the tree fairy before incinerating it in blue flame.

"We need human blood as well," said the man in a low growl.

"It's a ball," the woman said, "bound to have someone come out here. For one reason or another."

The taller, broad man took out his wand and smirked. "We can help things along, I bet."
Last edited by Department of Mysteries on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:35 pm

"I love it," her best friend Harmony said. "It's just you."

Isabella Cruz twirled slowly in front of the Hufflepuff dressing room mirror. Her dress was elegant sultry shades of plum and wild orchid and fuchsia and the velvet sweetheart bodice fit her frame perfectly. After having tried on a dozen, this was the one. She hugged Harmony and the girls excitedly giggled. Harmony was wearing a stunning red ball gown with lace sleeves and back.

Isabella floated towards the dormitory, to her bed and began rummaging through her trunk. She pulled out her makeup palette and created a winged eyeliner with a subtle matching shade. Everything was ready except for accessories! Rummaging through her trunk, she found a veil with a flower crown and thought it was too much. Even so she tucked it into her convenient dress pocket.

Harmony called out from the dressing room, "Do you have a red lip liner?"

"Of course!" Isabella said excitedly and then rushed with her makeup bag to the dressing room. Harmony looked lovely in a gorgeous red ball gown. She was holding a vibrant red lipstick. Harmony applied the liner which matched her dress perfectly and then put on highlighter. The girls put on their heels and then cast a "Aere Pedes" charm so that they could wear their sculpture-like shoes without discomfort all night.

"Do you want me to put some gold highlight?" Harmony asked.

Isabella contemplated and then shook her head. "Are we ready then?" They would be late, as usual but excited nonetheless.

Linking arms, the girls descended down the steps feeling light and airy and ready for a magical evening. They were joined by friends from other schools Ilvermorny, Hogwarts and Mahoutokoro - each girl radiant like a pearl.

"Save a dance for me," Isabella said to Lara, a friend who was going stag. Lara winked and showed her a potion tucked into her purse.

Isabella's heart fluttered at the idea of meeting her date, at the entrance of the great hall. Her date wasn't like any of the people she knew from Ilvermorny. While she took in all the delightful visions around her she and the other girls commented on people's lovely clothes and looks. They helped a girl, Emily, fasten the back of her dress.

Manami, one of the Mahoutokoro Triwizard champions this year, was absolutely stunning in a haute couture gown.
[proposal=]Image[/proposal]

Harmony sighted her boyfriend who approached her with a corsage. Giving her a quick kiss on the cheeks, "Oh no my lipstick left a mark on you," Harmony said and then charmed the imprint away just as quick. The girls winked at one another, using their little signals to communicate everything. Harmony’s boyfriend put a corsage on her arm and the two glowed.

Isabella looked for her date among the sea of beautiful faces - some nervous, some happy, some glowing naturally or naturally. There was a glow in the air, an energy that she absorbed.

She looked and looked but couldn't see her date anywhere. Feeling buoyed with the euphoria of the evening she decided to walk over to the fountain at the entrance but suddenly someone bumped into her...
Last edited by Escade on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 pm

"Izzy!" a Missouri accent would ring out in bemusement "Ah know there are a lot of things ta' keep your eyes on, but watch where your feet are going!" After straightening his azure suit, the blond haired man would smile and help the plum-dressed girl to her feet. Trevor Avery-Johnson was the man about Ilvermorny, with well combed hair and merry blue eyes, often the source of well-meaning debate and butting heads with the professors, and generally being one of the more charismatic students present. "We've got a whole night ahead of us, so let's slow down an' enjoy it, right?"

He surveyed the crowd, smiling at any ladies present, he nevertheless would link his arm with hers if Isabella was willing. This was a night for dancing, and many people would switch off, no? "Wish we had these sorts of parties back home..."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Weissekath
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

preparation and arrival

Postby Weissekath » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 pm

The only sound accompanying them on their journey through the snow-caked air that evening was that of the wind whistling beneath their glistening wings. A small cardinal, its narrow feathers streaked with white, glowed red in the grey and musty air around them as an owl dove beneath it. The wind sent a hand to ruffle the owls feathers as it dipped past, turning their pearl white color into a pale shade of silver-blue in the tilting light as they shuddered against its skin. A profound hoot tore through the silence encasing them as the owl shot up from below. The cardinal replied to its call with a melodic, jetting shriek of its own. The owl’s golden eyes shone in the darkening sky as they locked their gaze with the cardinal’s black ones, two pinpricks of ink in the oncoming night. With one more combined cry they both plummeted toward the snow-dusted stone walls below.

A bright orange light illuminated the entrance of the door they shot through as a fellow student walked out, waves of warmth washing away the sheets of cold resting on their backs. They dove and ducked under torches and stone archways through the hallway, eyeing a student here and there as the cardinal released a shrill cry in greeting each time one was spotted. Turning a shadowed corner, the pair of birds zipped their way up a spiral staircase before landing on the tiled ground in front of an oak door. The golden knocker resting on the wood blinked its round eyes as the beak peeled open and began to speak to them.

What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire word signifies a great woman. What is the word?

The pair of birds glanced to each other once more before beginning the transformation. Their bodies sprouted in height as their muscles began to slide along their bodies, then bend and shape into different limbs. Their feathers shrunk into themselves and melted into sheets of pale skin, their muscles now growing into arms and legs. The owl bent and folded into a girl with curving legs and sinewy arms covered in knitted sweater; the cardinal grew into a lanky figure who had dawned a tasseled hat and blue winter coat. They both cast thin smiles at each other as hair sprouted from their heads, finishing the transformations.

“You want to get this one?” He looked down at the girl, who was a head and a half shorter than him. “I’m sure-”

“Heroine.” She whispered to the knocker before he could finish his sentence.

“The greatest treasures really do come in the smallest of packages.” It responded, swinging open for them.

“I’ve been practicing.” The girl released a whisper of a giggle and shot him a smile before he could question her as they both walked through the entrance. She walked over to the blue couch in front of one of the ceiling-high bookshelves, flopping onto its soft cushiony surface.

The boy noticed this, and he began to grin to himself as he strode over to her. “Oh Aza…” His voice was rough like sandpaper as he tried to warble the sound of her name. He could see her eyes go wide as the realisation struck her like a punch, causing his grin to widen as he held out a hand to help lift her from the couch. Her face began to lighten into a ghost-like paleness as he spoke again. “Aren’t you forgetting what time it is?”

Aza drew a long breath, her stomach a churning cesspool of burning anticipation and thrashing excitement as she placed her calloused hand in his slim fingers and let her pull her from her seat. “Of course not! I just… was resting!” Her words stumbled over themselves as they flew from her lips. “You know, sometimes I get tired, and the change in air pressure, it messes with my system sometimes, you know this better than-”

“Aza.” He took her by the shoulders and spun her around, then pushed her towards the direction of the female dorms. “Go get ready. You can be a chicken about it later.”

“One does not simply ‘be a chicken’ Scott, you of all people should know this!” She hooked her fingers into air quotes as feigned annoyance, her eyes rolling as anxiety rolled around like a stone in her stomach. “Obviously, a bird-”

Go.” His voice thudded over her like a gavel, stern and commanding. She nodded once before drawing another shuddering breath and made her way to the dorm rooms.

After a series of tugging on cloth, groping zippers, and stumbling over high heels, Aza grabbed a slim brush and strolled into the common room. “Hey, Scott…” She watched him as he paged through a book thick with wrinkled pages. “Will you help me do my hair…?”

He turned around, his expression shifting into a crooked smile as he eyed her sparkling figure. “You look radiant, Aza. Absolutely stunning. C’mere.” He stood up, holding his arms out to her.

Her eyes crinkled in the corners as her cheeks lifted in a smile before she nuzzled her face into his shirt. They squeezed each other in a tight embrace before he let her go, then had her sit on the couch in front of him facing the bookshelf. He ran the brush through her hair, twisting and tying it in various places as he shifted it around into a pretty pattern. “Mom would be proud.” He blurted out, resting the brush next to him. “We’ll have to tell her all about it in our next letter.”

She turned to him, her smile faltering as her face began to sink into a frown. Her whisper was as soft as a feather. “I know mom will be. And.. well, do you think if he could be here… do you think Dad would be too..?”

Scott sucked in his cheeks as if imitating a fish. He exhaled with a shrill whistle as he gazed at her bright face storming with underlying fear and hope. “Aza, dad was... You’re a smart girl, Aza. You know that anyone deserving enough to go to Azkaban-”

“I know, Scott. I know.” She stared into the distance as old memories of the lectures her and her brother had gotten back when the aurors had come to take their father away drifted through her head like the trailing ends of a breeze. “I just… we were so young. Even though logically and statistically speaking I know it’s improbable, but I just… I wish he would change. You know?” She glanced up at him, and he could see a bright sheen covering her deep hazel eyes.
“Oh Aza, there’s no need to cry, not when-”

“That is where the problem lies though, Scott. I don’t… You see, most girls were raised by an actual father, so they’re taught what to do and how to act on nights like this… I mean, most girls get to just write home and say hey dad, I got myself a boyfriend and I’m scared what do I do, and they’ll help her, and everything will be peachy, and then she gets to bring him home and watch as he befriends her father and everything is just oh so sweet and romantic but… I don’t get to have that. I don’t know, what if I mess up tonight? Or what if he asks about dad, what do I do then? He might be scared of me, or make me feel embarrassed… I just.. I’m not good with boys, you know this, and now I finally have my own boyfriend and I just… I wish I had been able to be raised by a real father.. No offense to you, of course…” She lunged forward, wrapping him in another hug as she rested her cheek against his shoulder. “Maybe I should just pretend I’m sick or something… I’m sure he won’t mind, he-”

He had been stroking her hair with his hand, but now he pushed her off of him and placed his hands on her shoulders once more to make sure he had her attention. “Aza. You’re not getting out of this. You have met an actually decent wizard who definitely likes, if not already loves, you, and you’re all dressed up and just a few days ago you were acting childish with excitement.”

She half smiled as he put her hand under her chin and lifted it upwards to have their gazes meet. “Aza. For years you were always so wise, kind, and mature, helping raise me, helping us raise each other, when mother wasn’t able to… but it’s okay to relax for once and just have fun. I want you to be able to experience the enthusiastic joy tonight that you never got to experience when we were kids. For once, I just want you to… how do I phrase this… to be able to experience happiness, free of any attachments or responsibilities. Can you do that for me? Hm?” He raised a thin brow.

Her smile grew wider as she nodded twice. “Thank you, Scott. I can do that.” She stood up, clasping her hands together. “It’s a miracle! For once in their lives, the Carlisle twins will be separated!” She giggled her melodic giggle.

“Yes, well, let’s try not to make a habit out of it!” He teased her. They both simultaneously winked, and she wrapped an arm around him in a quick hug before turning and striding out of the room. “Goodbye, Scott.”

“Break a leg!” He called, waving her out.

Moments later, she was soaring across the castle grounds. The sheets of white below her were shrouded in long and wide shadows, the grey puffs of clouds in the sky darkening any rays of the setting sun that would have been cast on the ground. With the shards of golden light escaping the castle windows and entryways to illuminate her path, she dipped and dove to the main entrance of the castle and shot her way past the doorway as someone opened it and walked out. Once again she had become awash with warmth as her eyes scanned the scattered people below, the river of anxiety in her stomach thrashing inside of her. Her eyes flicked back and forth between the sea of dark dresses and tuxes below until her gaze snagged on a tall swath of yellow. She dipped down, flying in closer to get a better look and- yes. As she saw her date standing there, the thrashing river inside her became a white water cesspool of fear and hope, happiness and anticipation. It burned the insides of her stomach and she let out a deep hoot, both out of instinct and to get his attention. She landed on the ground a few feet in front of him, her talons clacking on the ground as she shifted back and forth to get his attention before beginning the transformation.

Her body grew and thinned out, the muscles quivering and squirming into new positions and places. As her pale skin stretched to replace the shrinking feathers, a floor-length gown made of thin yellow silk sprouted from her waist. The skirt of the gown was attached to a curving v-neck bodice scattered with small jewels and diamonds. Dark blue hair sprouted from her head, a twisting black and blue braid nesting amongst waves of blue and black curls that cascaded down her back to her waist as they appeared. She looked up at Bob, a shy smile resting below a pair of rosy cheeks as she swayed in place. The warm light enveloped her as she swayed, casting a sparkle across the bodice and a pale glow against her skirt.

“Hi, angel.” She whispered to him.
Last edited by Weissekath on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Norgsveldet
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Norgsveldet » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:45 am

As Julius walks up the stairs with his friend Jean Whitby he bumps into someone who seemed to be in a hurry. Julius sighs as he straighten his newly and expensive suit, and sighs. “he seemed very excited about this” Juilus said mumbling to himself. “Ofcourse he is! Most people are excited about this! Not everyone is a party pooper like you Julius. So, lighten up!” said his friend Jean as she pokes Julius side. “Well I’m so sorry that I am not exactly excited for this. Last year ended with me having no one to go with, and this year? The same.” Julius said annoyed. More annoyed about the poking then the comment. Jean rolling her eyes “you could always have asked Emily, she most likely would have said yes” Jean says as she is twirling her blonde hair. Julius blushing by the suggestion “She already has her eyes on someone else. And even if she did not I very much doubt Emily would say yes” Juilus scoff at the suggestion while being quite obviously embarrassed. “Saying yes to what and why do you doubt it?” says Emily as they notice her atop of the stairs in nice elegant yellow dress that matches with her red hair. “Oh, I just said to Julius that he could just ask yo- “, Jean says before being interrupted by Julius hand stopping her from saying anything else. “That I should just ask you for help with school work because she can't!” Julius says quickly as possible. “Sure, but right now we have a ball to attend!” Emily says excited as she drags Julius into the ball room. “If it’s not rude to ask where is your date Em?” Jean asks politely since both are only friends because of Julius. “oh, I don't have one” Emily says smiling as she twirls around in her dress. Julius being stunned with this knowledge falls completely silent with mouth agape, with Jean just giggle with the reaction on Julius face.

Jean`s dress
Emilys dress

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Lucian fiddled with his bowtie, trying, and failing, to get it tied properly for what must be the tenth time.

“Oh just leave it, I’m sure some girl will think it looks, ruffian, or something”, Lucian looked up and saw Ytrians lopsided grin reflected in the mirror over his shoulder. “It will look, ruffian? I thought you Ravenclaws were supposed to be the smart ones here.” Lucian replied with a smirk. Besides, IF I meet a girl I want to be with, it will be cause we both broke the rules and went out to the forest, not at some stupid ball.” "Heh, the day you get a girlfriend is the day Hufflepuff wins the quidditch cup".

The entire time at Hogwarts, Lucian had been dreading this one night. A ball, a stupid, tux and dress ball. He thought that being a wizard, getting out of the American school system would get him out of these pointless dances, but apparently not. The uncomfortable tuxes, the awkward flirting, everything about dances was, well, pointless. Even worse, he hadn’t found anyone to go with. Luckily neither had Ytrian, the Hogwarts student he befriended while here. They were meeting up with some students from other houses at the ball itself.

Giving up on the bowtie, Lucian turned around. “Let’s head out then, won’t do to keep the others waiting”.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 pm

As Cormac entered the Great Hall, he stopped to survey everything around him, giving himself a moment to take it all in. It wasn't easy to impress a young wizard of his caliber, and especially not one with an ego the size of his own -- but even he had to be impressed by the Christmas transformation of the Great Hall into a winter wonderland. Every day at Hogwarts was magical, but nothing could surpass the magic of the Yule Ball.

"And just think, if you'd actually brought a date instead of pining away for that Durmstrang boy, you might actually get to enjoy all this."

Cormac glanced to his left and saw his twin sister Catrina rolling her eyes. She had never approved of his relationship with Anton Halla, a Beater for the Finnish National Quidditch Team. But that was typical of their sibling relationship. Cormac didn't approve of his sister's date tonight either, a Gryffindor of all things. A Gryffindor with his arm draped over Catrina's shoulder right now, chuckling at Cormac's lack of a date for the ball.

"Well, dear sister, some of us have standards," Cormac said, smirking. "Have a nice night with Danny. Or is it David?"

"It's Darren," the Gryffindor boy called after him as Cormac turned and walked away. He waved his hand as if dismissing them both.

In truth, Cormac was relieved he didn't have a date tonight. He was here to mingle with students from Ilvermorny and Mahoutokoro. Catrina might be interested in dating and dancing, but Cormac took after their father, who had always taught him to focus on his own success. His father had also taught him that networking was the key to success. He might have been dressed to impress in his black and green tuxedo, and his wrist watch made of pure silver, but he wanted to impress the foreign students in attendance tonight -- not some Hogwarts boy he could see every day. He was here to make sure the best and brightest young witches and wizards from abroad left the Yule Ball thinking Cormac Macmillan was the only Hogwarts student worth meeting.

As he looked around, Cormac spotted two Ilvermorny students by the fountain who had just bumped into each other, quite literally. "Everything all right there?" He flashed a smile at Isabella Cruz and Trevor Avery-Johnson. "I'm Cormac. I hope you're enjoying the Yule Ball so far."

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Walking into the great hall, Lucius and Ytria looked around to try and find their friends. They had agreed to meet up with two students from Hufflepuff for the ball, all looking to avoid the formality together.

"I don't think they're here yet" Lucian said, scanning the crowd. "Then I think we should enjoy the atmosphere while we wait. You may not like balls, but the planning team REALLY outdid themselves this year".

Ytria was right, and looking around, Lucian realized that the normal floating candles were now multicolored ghost lights, and the ceiling stars now depicted an array of constellation in moving, living stories. The wizarding world never got old. As he watched, a constellation of a dragon spat flames at several other star creatures. It was obviously in some kind of distress. This continued for some minutes, until a constellation of a man approached it and began to stroke its nose. The creature seemed to calm down instantly, responding well to the mans touch.

"I think that one depicts Newt Scamander calming a raging dragon in London. Was a right mess from what I heard". Lucian turned, caught off guard. Standing behind him, was one of the Ravenclaws.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Denieria
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Denieria » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:24 pm

Nigel entered the ball with Theobald Selwyn, a fellow Auror. His eyes scanned for any suspicious activity among the crowd, but no individual has behaved oddly ... yet.
"Nothing, I wonder why the Ministry sent us here of all places," Nigel curiously remarked. "It doesn't make sense for dark magic to occur at such a crowded place, added that there are Hogwarts' finest graduates here."
" If the Ministry sent us here, then there is a good reason to suspect that there will dark magic," Theobald retorted, " After all, we have seen more unlikely places to harbor dark witches and wizards."
" I guess you are right but maintain a low profile. House Slytherin isn't going to be very cooperative to you if they know I'm with you. My reputation is quite well-known among the school after we arrested that den of dark witches in South Shields," cautioned Nigel, " I will mix in with the surrounding crowds, and you go have a dance. Signal me if there is anything suspicious."
With that, the two Aurors split ways and Nigel joined into the thickets of people chatting and enjoying drinks. "Ease up, Nigel," he thought, " You need to keep it low if you don't want heads to turn."
As he walked by the fountain, with a drink in hand, Nigel was promptly noticed by Cormac Macmillan.
Last edited by Denieria on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
A resident of The West Pacific, currently serving as the WA Affairs Minister for the region.

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:15 am

"OMG, thanks Trevor!" Isabella said, glad she didn't take a nose dive onto the marble floors. She steadied herself holding his outstretched hand, "Isn't this absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad we are visiting Hogwarts this year!"

The castle was a dream come true to her, something straight out of fairytales. More than once she'd gotten lost.. on purpose. In only a few days Isabella would return to Ilvermorny, which was lovely in its own right, but perhaps too constrained with the American magical school being both familiar and a more controlled environment.

Realizing she was once again getting lost in her own thoughts, she turned to Trevor. His eyes and his suit covered two lovely shades of blue. He was one of the best and brightest students and from Ilvermorny and being chosen to visit Hogwarts with this particular group of Ilvermorny students was exciting. They both surveyed the dance floor, it was looking a bit empty as people still trickled in and meandered about and congregated. Almost invisible snowflakes fell amongst them, soft and sheer. One landed on her eyelash and before she could grasp it, the snowflake disappeared.

"Save me a dance?" Trevor asked her. "Of course," she said and smiled, "but first I have to find my date, have you seen..." she was about to ask when a Hogwarts student introduced himself. It was Cormac Macmillan, everyone noticed him because of his presence. He radiated power in a way that few students did.

The three of them made proper introductions and discussed the dance and the music. She felt eyes on her, Isabella turned to see two men eyeing the three of them suspiciously. "What's with the narcs?" she whispered to Cormac and Trevor.

Isabella felt a chill and remembered the Head of House Wampus and her close mentor, Kaitlyn Domeric, warning her before she had left, "You have a tendency to attract trouble like a lightning rod, so stay out of it." She didn't know why the words echoed through her but she was determined not to do anything too foolish at Hogwarts.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Trevor merrily jested with the Slytherin lad, chatting lightly about Quidditch and jokingly suggesting "not making Miss Halla too jealous." by dancing with every female in a small radius, though omitting the fact he was barred from Quidditch and most Broomsticks due to...an incident that was perfectly muddled and resulted in Trevor's temporary suspension. Thankfully, he hoped that such an incident would not intrigue certain Wizarding Houses with worrying implications. Speaking of, he noticed the Aurors nearby, "Because if the late Mister Potter has anything to say for it, parties in Hogwarts tend to have a bit of surprises in store." Trevor suggested with a smirk. "Not sure who or why, ever since Nose-less No-Named kicked the bucket. Most likely they're just here to make sure the drinks aren't too spiked." turning to Cormac, he smiled "How are things on your side o' the pond? Must be rather droll now tha' Granger is Minister of Magic. Take it from a Yank, you'll get used to it in time..."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Norgsveldet
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Norgsveldet » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm

"I am sorry but what? Julius asked confused. "Why so suprised?" Emily asked as she looked at Julius. "Well to be fair to Julius, you are quite populare with the boys" Jean said after be finnaly done with giggling at Julius reaction. "Is that so? Well no one asked me out" Emily said pondering the truth behind Jeans words, "But you don´t need to worry about that. Neither does Julius!" Jean said smirking while slapping her hands together. Emily being very oppenly supprised by the news "Oh shut it you arse!" Julius said while crossing his arms glaring at Jean, "And as i said before its not like i like these kind of things! I rather being working at becoming a better wizard or play chess" Julius said with an slight anger. "Alone?" Jean said giggling before seeing someone in the distant and walked off. "You do not have a date?" Emily asked smilling while trying not to giggle, "Do I look like an casanova?" Julius asked annoyed. With more and more people comming in Julius and Emily decide to sit down to the place closest to the door. "Which is why i do not like these kinds of things" Julius huffed "I am not the most social kind of person, and most of the people i meet that is not you or jean, are people after my money" Julius says while drinking some water. "Well with that pessimistic view ofcourse you not going to get a date" Emily says teasing Julius. Julius cheeks starts redden after the teasing, before noticing Jean comming to their table with an friend.

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:30 pm

The three of them chatted, and the group grew larger, as more people naturally formed a circle by the fountain. Isabella nodded trying very hard to ignore that little ping that made her want to investigate. She said, "My uncle's an Auror in New York and he talks about some of his missions. Usually Aurors are either trying to blend in or make it clear that they're the figure of authority. Can't quite figure out what vibes those two are giving." The unspoken thing remained in her mind, "What are they doing here and is there a serious danger?"

Charmed dolphins made of ice delightfully and playfully chortled in the fountain. They leaped up and then melted into the water and then re-emerged. People danced and talked and whispered. Isabella swayed in place with the music and then felt a tap on her shoulder and an embrace full of satin and perfume of gardenia. Her date, Faro was finally here!

Faro glowed like a flame. Her dress was satin red lined with pink and seemed to sing as she moved. Isabella could not stop smiling and the two whispered hellos and smiled even more at each other. Isabella had met Faro when she had gotten a bit lost traveling around the Black Lake, looking for the famed Merfolk of the lake.

There was a splash and a bit of cold water hit all of them clustered by the water fountain. Two boys of about 16, had fallen into the fountain trying to grab one of the dolphins. They obviously had been doing something extracurricular and could barely get out of the fountain, being entangled in their own robes....

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse