NATION

PASSWORD

The Vanished Wilderness - A G-Tech RP Reborn [OOC] [Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:53 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Also, a note: I'm retroactively bumping the number of axes available to 4, since both G and I taking wealthy meant that each person won't necessarily get a tool if this rate continues. We're already out of pickaxes as is if Pax gets one :p

Ah, I’ll grab a hammer then for Petyor. I only took the axe because scarcity :p

Go for it. I'm not running spreadsheet updates until Sunday, since I'm not really going to be enforcing the 2 days OOC to 1 day IC until everyone who's going to get into the IC gets a chance to.
I took an axe because I'm going to need it at some point, and I can always cut down trees for a quick buck if needed.
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 pm

How long would one take to travel to lake Nemis? I'm assuming a bit more than one day on horseback.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:How long would one take to travel to lake Nemis? I'm assuming a bit more than one day on horseback.

You're at Lake Nemis right now. Farholme is on the eastern bank of its mouth.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Sudbrazil wrote:How long would one take to travel to lake Nemis? I'm assuming a bit more than one day on horseback.

You're at Lake Nemis right now. Farholme is on the eastern bank of its mouth.

Thank you, I just realised that the opening post said that. I should draw a map to better visualise the lands.

Also, where does one obtain a logging permit? I'm going to need one, otherwise those damned imperials will be at my throat.
Last edited by Sudbrazil on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Ill join in next monday. Srry cant play right now. Busy seeing family.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:20 am

Very excited to see this back up.

Name:Arthur Blackett
Description: Arthur is a wiry lad, young and wind-blown from his years at sea. His black hair is rough, coarse and kept relatively short, usually slick with salt-water, while his small, acquisitive eyes are darting and jovial.
Biography: Arthur was born the son of a sailor on shore leave, on a small fishing island off the coast. His earliest memories are of swimming, diving and hunting in rock-pools, but he would not remain in the village for long. At the age of six, he came into service as a powder-monkey aboard a passing ship from Essen, since his mother could not afford to feed him. Illiterate and immature, he was unwittingly tricked into signing on with the navy for years to follow. As it turned out, the recruiters needn't have tricked him; he took to the life of a sailor easily and with gusto. A natural swimmer, climber and runner, he was more at home on a ship than on land, and he spent all of his youth aboard, barring a few scant weeks of shore-leave. At the age of nineteen, though, his fortunes changed. The ship he was serving on was taken as a prize, and he was consigned, with the rest of the crew, to a prisoner of war camp, cutting timber and shaping planks for the foreign shipwrights.

He was traded back at the war's end, though he spent a few months afterward serving as a lumber-jack, high in the hills, where he found his skills put to use shipping logs down-stream to the sawmills. Having earned himself some small reserve of money with his work, he set out aboard a ship for the colonies.
Skills: Knowledgeable Woodcutter, Enduring, Manager

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Gonna try and get a post out tonight. Still in this, just been sick the last few days.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:Very excited to see this back up.

Name:Arthur Blackett
Description: Arthur is a wiry lad, young and wind-blown from his years at sea. His black hair is rough, coarse and kept relatively short, usually slick with salt-water, while his small, acquisitive eyes are darting and jovial.
Biography: Arthur was born the son of a sailor on shore leave, on a small fishing island off the coast. His earliest memories are of swimming, diving and hunting in rock-pools, but he would not remain in the village for long. At the age of six, he came into service as a powder-monkey aboard a passing ship from Essen, since his mother could not afford to feed him. Illiterate and immature, he was unwittingly tricked into signing on with the navy for years to follow. As it turned out, the recruiters needn't have tricked him; he took to the life of a sailor easily and with gusto. A natural swimmer, climber and runner, he was more at home on a ship than on land, and he spent all of his youth aboard, barring a few scant weeks of shore-leave. At the age of nineteen, though, his fortunes changed. The ship he was serving on was taken as a prize, and he was consigned, with the rest of the crew, to a prisoner of war camp, cutting timber and shaping planks for the foreign shipwrights.

He was traded back at the war's end, though he spent a few months afterward serving as a lumber-jack, high in the hills, where he found his skills put to use shipping logs down-stream to the sawmills. Having earned himself some small reserve of money with his work, he set out aboard a ship for the colonies.
Skills: Knowledgeable Woodcutter, Enduring, Manager

Accepted. Good to have you back.

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Could I ask for details on carving a raft out of a felled tree? Anything more advanced, like a canoe, on the table?

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Nice, nice, let's bring some folks back, though could they ever truly leave the new world, even if they wanted to?

Name: Olufemi Akatchi
Description:Dark skin, darker hair, and even darker eyes, the iris transitioning seamlessly to pupil. He's fairly tall at 6' 3", and has put on decent muscle, but an active lifestyle did not make up for a semi-pampered upbringing and he has not bulked up as much as a soldier or laborer his age. His body is smooth and fairly free of wrinkles and blemish, as he holds personal hygiene in high regard (he's unafraid of getting dirty, just staying that way). His hands have only minor calluses. His right ear has been pierced and his right arm has been extensively tattooed with a sweeping art nouveau depiction of the plants his family is famous for producing.
Biography: The Akatchi family has been one of perseverance and deliverance through God's grace, that with effort and dedication, what was originally thought to be a curse can actually be a blessing in disguise. This moral and lesson is one that prefaces every mention of the family. Just six generations earlier, Olufemi's ancestors had been pressed by one of the confederate warlords of the time into producing opium. It was supposed to be used for medicinal purposes, but most of it was sold, the Akatchi's knew, to markets, legal and illegal, throughout the continent. This distressed them greatly and the warlord was brutal, often forbidding the planting of subsistence crops. At great personal risk, Olufemi's ancestors created their own drug smuggling routes, skimming what they could off the top to pay for food and clothing and other necessities. When the war broke out and their region was annexed by the Imperium, they were happy, working with the administrators to develop the region and depose the resistance. Connections and favors were called in and roads and schools were built. And the opium crop was sold, legally. As thanks for their help, the Akatchi family was given license to provide opium to the Imperium. They expanded their farms and diversified their products, being the first to mass produce Unweight, made from a difficult plant to cultivate yet valued highly among the artisans and clerics of the Imperium.
Olufemi Akatchi was born the 8th son of his father and named after God's loving hand. His parents cared for him deeply and he got along with his older siblings and the staff on the estate. He wouldn't inherit any of the farms, or the trade routes, or the political positions that were afforded his brothers, but that didn't phase him much as he grew into a young adult. He took up many hobbies and took a keen interest in the farms, often fiddling with the moss beds in the dimly lit unweight rooms. His father respected his diverse interests, and respected that he would need to find his own path. Like the rest of the continent, the newly discovered lands to the North were exciting and held much promise, and when the first bushels of Indigo made their way back, their connections with the college procured the family a sample. Olufemi had been worried that his lot in life would be that of a cleric or as a steward to one of his brothers, but now he was struck with clarity, and not just from the Indigo: he would go to the North and secure his family's stake in this new drug. His knowledge and skills were suited to this above all else, and with his father's blessing, he was off on this new adventure and for the first time in a long time, it seemed he could breath again.
Skills:Skilled Agrarian, Silver Tongue, Wealthy

Looking for a business partner there, Ralnis?
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Achidyemay wrote:Nice, nice, let's bring some folks back, though could they ever truly leave the new world, even if they wanted to?

Name: Olufemi Akatchi
Description:Dark skin, darker hair, and even darker eyes, the iris transitioning seamlessly to pupil. He's fairly tall at 6' 3", and has put on decent muscle, but an active lifestyle did not make up for a semi-pampered upbringing and he has not bulked up as much as a soldier or laborer his age. His body is smooth and fairly free of wrinkles and blemish, as he holds personal hygiene in high regard (he's unafraid of getting dirty, just staying that way). His hands have only minor calluses. His right ear has been pierced and his right arm has been extensively tattooed with a sweeping art nouveau depiction of the plants his family is famous for producing.
Biography: The Akatchi family has been one of perseverance and deliverance through God's grace, that with effort and dedication, what was originally thought to be a curse can actually be a blessing in disguise. This moral and lesson is one that prefaces every mention of the family. Just six generations earlier, Olufemi's ancestors had been pressed by one of the confederate warlords of the time into producing opium. It was supposed to be used for medicinal purposes, but most of it was sold, the Akatchi's knew, to markets, legal and illegal, throughout the continent. This distressed them greatly and the warlord was brutal, often forbidding the planting of subsistence crops. At great personal risk, Olufemi's ancestors created their own drug smuggling routes, skimming what they could off the top to pay for food and clothing and other necessities. When the war broke out and their region was annexed by the Imperium, they were happy, working with the administrators to develop the region and depose the resistance. Connections and favors were called in and roads and schools were built. And the opium crop was sold, legally. As thanks for their help, the Akatchi family was given license to provide opium to the Imperium. They expanded their farms and diversified their products, being the first to mass produce Unweight, made from a difficult plant to cultivate yet valued highly among the artisans and clerics of the Imperium.
Olufemi Akatchi was born the 8th son of his father and named after God's loving hand. His parents cared for him deeply and he got along with his older siblings and the staff on the estate. He wouldn't inherit any of the farms, or the trade routes, or the political positions that were afforded his brothers, but that didn't phase him much as he grew into a young adult. He took up many hobbies and took a keen interest in the farms, often fiddling with the moss beds in the dimly lit unweight rooms. His father respected his diverse interests, and respected that he would need to find his own path. Like the rest of the continent, the newly discovered lands to the North were exciting and held much promise, and when the first bushels of Indigo made their way back, their connections with the college procured the family a sample. Olufemi had been worried that his lot in life would be that of a cleric or as a steward to one of his brothers, but now he was struck with clarity, and not just from the Indigo: he would go to the North and secure his family's stake in this new drug. His knowledge and skills were suited to this above all else, and with his father's blessing, he was off on this new adventure and for the first time in a long time, it seemed he could breath again.
Skills:Skilled Agrarian, Silver Tongue, Wealthy

Looking for a business partner there, Ralnis?

Accepted.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:You're at Lake Nemis right now. Farholme is on the eastern bank of its mouth.

Thank you, I just realised that the opening post said that. I should draw a map to better visualise the lands.

Also, where does one obtain a logging permit? I'm going to need one, otherwise those damned imperials will be at my throat.

A logging or mining permit is a copper noble at Ultar's shop, I'll be adding it to the OP, though at least for the moment he's not really too fussed about enforcing it. As the Imperials increase their presence in the New World, though, both cost and enforcement may increase...

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:Could I ask for details on carving a raft out of a felled tree? Anything more advanced, like a canoe, on the table?

As a general rule, if you want to make something that's not in the OP, and you don't have the Inventor trait, you'll have to use an expansion point - it's mostly so that I don't have to keep coming up with new mechanics every day.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 am

Jeez, this game sure is easier when you already have everything planned out.

Anyways, I know everyone is excited to start their homesteads, but does anyone want to interact, I feel like Olufemi is a sociable soul and he's going to get lonely pretty quickly.
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Achidyemay wrote:Jeez, this game sure is easier when you already have everything planned out.

Anyways, I know everyone is excited to start their homesteads, but does anyone want to interact, I feel like Olufemi is a sociable soul and he's going to get lonely pretty quickly.

If you can find Zimmerman hiding in the woods, sure.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:29 pm

What is the measurement equivalent of a basket to a bushel to a starn? I keep reading them, but don't see any Imperial Measurement System.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 am

I'll try to get a post up today.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:20 am

Kay, can get invested on this now the winter break is over. Anything I need to know, or do before I jump into this?
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 am

Auphelia wrote:What is the measurement equivalent of a basket to a bushel to a starn? I keep reading them, but don't see any Imperial Measurement System.

A bushel is 64 pints (35.2 liters), but a starn is much more arbitrary - considering a sheep can be sheared once a week for a half-starn of wool, it wouldn't be much, not more than a few pounds or equivalent in mass. Volume would largely depend on density for wool, so it isn't a reliable form of measurement.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Kay, can get invested on this now the winter break is over. Anything I need to know, or do before I jump into this?

I've been too busy to run an update, so you're good to just get posting. Try not to take a good from the store that's already been sold out though.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Kay, can get invested on this now the winter break is over. Anything I need to know, or do before I jump into this?

I've been too busy to run an update, so you're good to just get posting. Try not to take a good from the store that's already been sold out though.

Kay, all the items though? Even the food? I think Ill be a miner for awhile until the shop is restocked, but feeding myself is another problem. ‘Tis a shame that there are no other weapons, a dagger would be nice if I run into some trouble.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I've been too busy to run an update, so you're good to just get posting. Try not to take a good from the store that's already been sold out though.

Kay, all the items though? Even the food? I think Ill be a miner for awhile until the shop is restocked, but feeding myself is another problem. ‘Tis a shame that there are no other weapons, a dagger would be nice if I run into some trouble.

Don't you have an expansion point left?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I've been too busy to run an update, so you're good to just get posting. Try not to take a good from the store that's already been sold out though.

You’re supplied a week’s worth of food, and lodging if you choose to stay in town. (The food is in the form of a bushel of fruit if you choose to set out on your own)
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

How much more effective does a scythe make things like cutting long grass or grains?
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 am

I’m personally just hanging around hoping for prospecting results ;)
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse