NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:34 pm

5e Wish has some pretty big ole repercussions, so casting it in rapid succession will probably kill you ;)
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:03 pm

CURRENT VERSION

WORK IN PROGRESS

Name: Ikelu (means Laughing Light)
Height: 2' 4"
Weight: 25 lb.
Appearance: Ikelu is blue scaled, barefooted, and in a blue one piece dress like garb with a grey hood. Her eyes are yellow, she had much difficulty from her master's young son who found her gaze in the dark frightening.
Race: Kobold
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Rogue
Biography: Ikelu was born into a family of slaves in service to a noble house. Years of selective breeding by this house, and disciplinary classes fostered a line of Kobolds unlike their wild resentful kin. In fact the line was a novelty proudly kept by the house and displayed at functions. The house she served was not alone but part of a growing subculture involved in this breeding, rearing, and grooming of Kobold servants for the nobility. Ikelu's pedigree goes back enough generations to fill 8 pages of a ledger. The house she served was one of a long line of sorcerers who fell during the Magic Wars, in which Ikelu lost much of her family- and all she served. They had made it to the Kingdom Of Barrfhionn before meeting their end. In this state of being, she did the only thing she could think to do- helped. She wasn't particularly strong, nor enduring, but she did what she could aid other refugees. Some locals have sheltered her, others repelled her, and she holds on to the ledger hoping someone will in this economy accept her service. Her talents are a bit unusual for a servant- she typically used her role to spy on her master's guests- the war having been a dangerous time. WIP
Personality: Ikelu is eager to help however she can, and doesn't value her own life particularly- not from some self hate so much as low self esteem that works in an odd way. If she tries to do anything for her own benefit she feels incapable but if supported by a group or working for the benefit of another she has the zeal of a mongoose and possibly the speed. She is very giving to the point of taking on the burden of another to free them from it. Where it cold, and a child without a cloak for cover, she'd give them her own. It's part of why she's in such poor health. She doesn't like being alone, she has to be with others or she gets really depressed. One of her greatest fears is failing to protect those she cares for, and being left alone because of that failure- or doing something to cause such a lose. She already carries a bit of guilt over such and hopes not to see the past repeat it's self. She's happiest when she can be of assistance to someone who can provide her a sense of security and purpose in service. Being a Kobold she can't express emotion facially. Movement of the tail serves as her expression.
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 13
Skills: Stealth, Investigation, Slight of Hand
Items: Cloth armor, her former master's Rapier- the last heirloom of his family of which she is not hopeful any remain being rather certain she has lost them all, and a Burglar's Pack (the tools given to her by her former master to gather information for him).

Name: Ikelu (means Laughing Light)
Height: 2' 4"
Weight: 25 lb.
Appearance: Ikelu is blue scaled, barefooted, and in a blue one piece dress like garb with a grey hood. Her eyes are yellow, she had much difficulty from her master's young son who found her gaze in the dark frightening.
Race: Kobold
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Rogue (but she refers to herself as Personal Assistant)
Biography: Ikelu was born into a family of slaves in service to a noble house. Years of selective breeding by this house, and disciplinary classes fostered a line of Kobolds unlike their wild resentful kin. In fact the line was a novelty proudly kept by the house and displayed at functions. The house she served was not alone but part of a growing subculture involved in this breeding, rearing, and grooming of Kobold servants for the nobility. Ikelu's pedigree goes back enough generations to fill 8 pages of a ledger. The house she served was one of a long line of sorcerers who fell during the Magic Wars, in which Ikelu lost much of her family- and all she served. They had made it to the Kingdom Of Barrfhionn before meeting their end. In this state of being, she did the only thing she could think to do- helped. She wasn't particularly strong, nor enduring, but she did what she could aid other refugees. Some locals have sheltered her, others repelled her, and she holds on to the ledger hoping someone will in this economy accept her service. Her talents are a bit unusual for a servant- she typically used her role to spy on her master's guests- the war having been a dangerous time.
Personality: Ikelu is eager to help however she can, and doesn't value her own life particularly- not from some self hate so much as low self esteem that works in an odd way. If she tries to do anything for her own benefit she feels incapable but if supported by a group or working for the benefit of another she has the zeal of a mongoose and possibly the speed. She is very giving to the point of taking on the burden of another to free them from it. Where it cold, and a child without a cloak for cover, she'd give them her own. It's part of why she's in such poor health. She doesn't like being alone, she has to be with others or she gets really depressed. One of her greatest fears is failing to protect those she cares for, and being left alone because of that failure- or doing something to cause such a lose. She already carries a bit of guilt over such and hopes not to see the past repeat it's self. She's happiest when she can be of assistance to someone who can provide her a sense of security and purpose in service. Being a Kobold she can't express emotion facially. Movement of the tail serves as her expression.
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 4 (not good, possibly from the fires of the city and her own over exertion during the rebuilding- she isn't presently healthy so I'll let the DM decide if it's treatable)
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 13
Skills: Stealth, Investigation, Slight of Hand
Items: Cloth armor, her former master's Rapier- the last heirloom of his family of which she is not hopeful any remain being rather certain she has lost them all, and a Burglar's Pack (the tools given to her by her former master to gather information for him).

*I also emphasis that I accept the OP's power to reject the character as 'unfit' due to stats, un-racially usual personality, or lack of talent.
*My main plan is to have her attach to another character and become more capable through the journey.
*I'm also willing to change the alignment to what you picture Ikelu to be. I had considered Lawful but due to her work I went with neutral though it could be seen as Lawful (and that's how she took it) being as it was ordered by her master. I figured that due to it being the will of her master yet still kind of breaking the law I went with neutral in the Chaotic Lawful spectrum. Due to her selflessness I went with Good.
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:5e Wish has some pretty big ole repercussions, so casting it in rapid succession will probably kill you ;)

It doesn’t have repercussions if you use it to duplicate spells from other spell lists. Opportunities for abuse abound.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Harb, I don’t want you to attach your character to someone else to depend on them for your character’s development. Interactions are necessary, yes, but your character should be their own person. If your character can’t become “capable” on their own, then you may need to revise the character. In a D&D setting, every character relies on each other a little, but ultimately everyone must be their own character, willing to develop themselves when necessary.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:26 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:@Lumi any particular reason you’re limiting casters to six spells per day instead of D&D’s spell slot system?
casts Wish six times

You can learn more as time goes on, but I want everyone to start on a mostly-level playing-field. Plus the RP is not going to be strictly based on everything D&D, but rather based on D&D for the major parts of the system.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:GUESS WHO'S BACK.

BACK AGAIN.

IRHK'S BACK.

TELL A FRIEND.

GUESS WHO’S BACK, GUESS WHO’S BACK, GUESS WHO’S BACK.
-Alan Jackson

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:Harb, I don’t want you to attach your character to someone else to depend on them for your character’s development. Interactions are necessary, yes, but your character should be their own person. If your character can’t become “capable” on their own, then you may need to revise the character. In a D&D setting, every character relies on each other a little, but ultimately everyone must be their own character, willing to develop themselves when necessary.

Understood, I'll- try again.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Name: Oak Leif
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 300 lbs.
Appearance: Oak has reddish fur on parts of his body. He has deeply tanned skinned from spending a lot of time in the forest. His chest and back have tattoos on them of labyrinths. He has long black horns. He does not wear any rings in his ears or nose. His eyes are red. He is muscular appearing from hard physical labor.
Race: Forest Minotaur
Alignment: Neutral (He has trouble understanding the concepts of good and evil. They confuse him. Extremes of good and evil are frightening to him.)
Class: Barbarian
Biography: Oak was born in the Skull Ridge Mountains in an area of forest next to the mountains called Maple Hollow. The minotaurs lived in a maze of trees and hedges which led into a mountain. They traded with other beastmen and protected the maze which led into the mountain where their king lived. Their king was crafty for a minotaur and had made a deal where they had put in strong stone doors which opened from the inside, bound the mazes with protection and traps, and added alarms to keep out intruders. The king also drove out the undead and evil creatures dividing up the treasures of the maze among his followers and wrecking all traces of their presence. With the evil creatures gone, The Minotaur King was able to negotiate with dwarves and other humanoids to make the maze a better, safer place to live. There was a rumor of a mighty axe wielded by King Ferdinand II. Oak Leifs family had been guarding the maze for several generations. His parents are followers of the Minotaur King, King Ferdinand II. Leif also serves the king through his parents line.
His parents taught him to move stealthily in the maze to ambush invaders in the woods and caves. They also taught him how to get past the traps in the maze, climb trees to get eggs, honey, and fruit. He learned to dance to the drums and bells of the minotaur bards and perform acrobatics. He would wrestle and butt heads with the other young minotaurs.
The maze had become crowded and he was a fourth son so his family. There were getting to be too many minotaurs and beastmen in the maze. King Ferdinand II issued a decree to send fourth and fifth sons and daughters into the outside world to seek their fortune and bring back gold and tools for the Minotaur King.
Personality: Oak Leif is quiet and strong. He likes poetry and listening to the drums and bells of the mazekeepers. He likes to wrestle and arm wrestle displaying feats of strength. He exercises every day by carrying heavy objects, practicing acrobatic war dances, and axe fighting. He is curious about the outside world. He has a deep distrust of the undead and is superstitious about ghosts and magic. With the undead driven away and no dark god to control the minotaurs, many of the minotaurs turned to worshiping Silvanus and other nature deities. Oak occasionally prays to Silvanus for guidance. Some also turned to ancestor worship talking to the great bards and warriors from the past. Oak also occasionally has conversations with his great grandfather about being a warrior in his head. Oak like most Minotaurs is vegetarian, he likes oats, carrots, apples, beans, and fresh grass.
Strength: 17 Oak Leif is large and strong. He got this way from moving heavy logs and stones, wrestling, dancing to the drums and bells, carrying stone for the maze, chopping and carrying wood, and practicing with the axe.
Dexterity: 15 He has the speed to follow game in the forest, to move quickly through the trees, dance the maze dance, and climb trees.
Constitution: 16 He is young and strong. He has spent a lot of time working with his hands and practicing as a maze warrior.
Intelligence: 8 Oak is not book learned, he has not seen writing before in the style of the cities. The Beastmen of Maple Hollow use a runic alphabet. Most do not know how to read or write. He sees the world as a tribesman would. Complex machines confuse him.
Wisdom: 8 Oak does not know a huge amount about the outside world. He has lived in a community far from large civilized cities. He is more than a little naive.
Charisma: 8 Oak is a bit scruffy and not particularly charming. He has spent a lot of time in the woods alone. He keeps himself clean and appears healthy and strong. He does not come across as a leader, but his presence is imposing.
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth
Attack: Barbarian: Rage, Unarmored Defense 15, Minotuar Bonus Attack D6 + Strength Damage horns, or Knockback from horns up to 10 feet (save versus strength to prevent)
Items: Large long handled woodsmans axe, two throwing hatchets. Large leather shoulder bag with food in it. Red plaid kilt. Handful of copper coins. Drinking horn made from his grandfathers horn inscribed with his family name.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:58 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Name: Oak Leif
Height: 6'
Weight: 250 lbs.
Appearance: Maple has reddish fur on parts of his body. His chest and back have tattoos on them of labyrinths in red and leaves in blue. He has long black horns. He does not wear any rings in his ears or nose. His eyes are red. He is muscular appearing from hard physical labor.
Race: Forest Minotaur
Alignment: Neutral
Biography: Oak was born in the Skull Ridge Mountains in an area of forest next to the mountains called Maple Hollow. The Druids had built a hedge maze of trees and plants which they had long since abandoned. The minotaurs had taken it over expanding the maze and added it to it, building a temple with a meditative labyrinth and a winding cave complex where they lived. There were a few minotaurs who took on the mantle of the god Silvanus, protector of the forest and cattle. They also lived with other beastmen including satyrs, turtle people, and tengu.
Maple Hollow traded with the other beastmen and elves bringing out alchemical herbs, fire wood, charcoal, furniture, dried fish, spider silk, chitin from giant beetles, game (venison, birds, giant spiders, giant beetles) grapes, berries and other products of the forest. It was a peaceful isolated place. Maple learned to handle the axe to fell trees, cut wood, and hunt game with the throwing axe.
Maples father worked with the Temple of Silvanus to help maintain its grounds. His mother was a forester who cut trees and gathered wood to build longhouses for the minoaturs at the center of the hedge maze.
Personality: Oak Leif is quiet and strong. He likes poetry and listening to bards. He also regularly prays to Silvanus and is a member of the temple. He spends a lot of time in the woods. He dislikes places where there are dead things and is superstitious looking for omens around him.
Strength: Oak Leif is large and strong. He got this way from moving heavy logs, chopping and carrying wood, building long houses, and practicing with the axe.
Dexterity: He has the speed to follow game in the forest, to move quickly through the trees, carve with the carpenters knife.
Constitution: He is young and strong. He has spent a lot of time working with his hands and practicing as a maze warrior. Also, spending lots of time in the forests has toughened him up.
Intelligence: Oak is not book learned, he has not seen writing before in the style of the cities. The Beastmen of Maple Hollow use a runic alphabet. Most do not know how to read or write. He sees the world as a tribesman would. Complex machines confuse him.
Wisdom: Oak does not know a huge amount about the outside world. He believes that Silvanus will protect him. He has lived in a community far from large civilized cities. However, he has a basic common sense.
Charisma: Oak is handsome, but not particularly charming. He has spent a lot of time in the woods along. He keeps himself clean and appears healthy and strong. He does not come across as a leader, but his presence is imposing.
Skills: Axe, Forestry, Carpentry
Barbarian: Rage, Unarmored Defense
Minotaur: Intimidation, Goring Rush, Horns, Hammering Horns
Items: Large long handled woodsmans axe, two throwing hatchets. Large leather shoulder bag with food in it. Red plaid kilt. Holy symbol of sylvanus on a leather string. Handful of copper coins.

Skills in this case are related to the six characteristics (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, etc.) that you wrote about. What you do is you pick from your top two best stats (in this case they seem to be Strength and Dexterity?) and you pick 3 skills that are related to those stats. The list is in the OP. No need to post Racial Traits either. Also, your character strikes me as more of a Cleric, what specifically makes them a Barbarian more than a Cleric?
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:04 pm

I'll take a pass now that I see the structure of the skills for 5e. There is only one skill for strength-- Athletics, no skills for constitution (nothing endurance based). All physical skills seem to be based on dexterity. In order to make a character that is a pure tank, the character becomes imbalanced having to take on an intellect based skill set-- wisdom, charisma, or intelligence. Thus a warrior starts to look like a cleric. Ranger, or paladin become the warrior defaults.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:I'll take a pass now that I see the structure of the skills for 5e.

Hm?
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:58 pm

OP, how many characters are we allowed to have?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Name: Krytun Sianri
Height: 5'9
Weight: 140 lbs
Appearance:

Race: Tiefling
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Monk
Biography: Born in the deep in the Skull Ridge Mountains to two Tieflings fugitives that fled from The Kingdom Of Barrfhionn. Kryrun's parents were monks that belonged to a monastery that worshiped Kiri-Jolith. Krytun asked to his parents to why their had to live in the mountains and why they were being hunted. They said that there was a major problem effecting the monastery and instead of confronting it, the monastery choose to ignore and his parents could not let it go. For it went against the values the monetary were founded on and they lost their chance to reform the monastery. They would labeled as criminals by the monastery and had to flee to the one place that no one a wants to go to. Also speaking in a sad tone and would teach Krytun what they knew.

Growing up in the mountains was hard life for Krytun even with the skills his parents would later teach him. Water and other resources were hard to find but, they managed. Things changed when Krytun was 21 when a group of bounty hunters showed up at their house. They were after Kyrtun's parents and a fight ensue between the two groups. In the end only Krytun survived and he grief a long time over the death of his parents. After burying them, Krytun needed to figure out what to do. He meditated on a answer and he would find it. He would leave the Skull Ridge Mountains and explore the world and think about the best to accomplish his ultimate goal.

Personality: Krytun can be rather shy as he never talked to any one outside of his parents for a long time. Also reserved most of the time, keeping a good handle over his emotions. Krytun is curious about the world outside of the Skull Ridge Mountains. He has wondered since he was a kid to what the outside world looks like and is eager to see it. While he would wish to keep a some what low profile, he like to help people if he can and follows his own code of honor that was likes he parent's code.

Strength:16
Dexterity: 15
Constitution:11
Intelligence:10
Wisdom:13
Charisma:10
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Insight
Cantrips: Thaumaturgy
Spells: N/A
Items: Quarterstaff, Flute, 10 darts, Explorer's Pack

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Nuridia wrote:OP, how many characters are we allowed to have?

Ah! I never defined that did I? I’d say 2 max.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Theyra wrote:Name: Krytun Sianri
Height: 5'9
Weight: 140 lbs
Appearance:
Race: Tiefling
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Monk
Biography: Born in the deep in the Skull Ridge Mountains to two Tieflings fugitives that fled from The Kingdom Of Barrfhionn. Kryrun's parents were monks that belonged to a monastery that worshiped Kiri-Jolith. Krytun asked to his parents to why their had to live in the mountains and why they were being hunted. They said that there was a major problem effecting the monastery and instead of confronting it, the monastery choose to ignore and his parents could not let it go. For it went against the values the monetary were founded on and they lost their chance to reform the monastery. They would labeled as criminals by the monastery and had to flee to the one place that no one a wants to go to. Also speaking in a sad tone and would teach Krytun what they knew.

Growing up in the mountains was hard life for Krytun even with the skills his parents would later teach him. Water and other resources were hard to find but, they managed. Things changed when Krytun was 21 when a group of bounty hunters showed up at their house. They were after Kyrtun's parents and a fight ensue between the two groups. In the end only Krytun survived and he grief a long time over the death of his parents. After burying them, Krytun needed to figure out what to do. He meditated on a answer and he would find it. He would leave the Skull Ridge Mountains and explore the world and think about the best to accomplish his ultimate goal.

Personality: Krytun can be rather shy as he never talked to any one outside of his parents for a long time. Also reserved most of the time, keeping a good handle over his emotions. Krytun is curious about the world outside of the Skull Ridge Mountains. He has wondered since he was a kid to what the outside world looks like and is eager to see it. While he would wish to keep a some what low profile, he like to help people if he can and follows his own code of honor that was likes he parent's code.

Strength:16
Dexterity: 15
Constitution:11
Intelligence:10
Wisdom:13
Charisma:10
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Insight
Cantrips: Thaumaturgy
Spells: N/A
Items: Quarterstaff, Flute, 10 darts, Explorer's Pack

A lawful good Tiefling! This shall be interesting. Accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:07 pm

tag, tempting to be a cultist(cleric) of some diety.

what gods can we choose from? only DND? I thought I saw a "forgotten realms" one(maybe that's DND as well)
Last edited by Nazeroth on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Nazeroth wrote:tag, tempting to be a cultist(cleric) of some diety.

what gods can we choose from? only DND? I thought I saw a "forgotten realms" one(maybe that's DND as well)

It’s also in the D&D multiverse as far as I know.
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 am

Name: Ciril "Cy" Teak (pronounced SIGH-rill)
Height: 5'11
Weight: 150 lbs
Appearance: Cy is a beanpole of a man who often dresses in brightly colored satins and the flamboyant clothing of an eccentric magician, and is rarely if ever seen without a cape or cloak of some sort (this will be more gaily patterned than the rest of the outfit). He has golden-brown eyes that seem to glow in some lights, thick, thatch-like strawberry-blond hair that brushes the collar of his shirt, and everything about him seems to be long and lanky and angles, but he's a reasonably handsome man. His skin is a light, smooth golden brown with powdery, dark freckles dusting it.
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Sorcerer
Biography: Ciril was born to a sorcerer and a warlock, Adaniel and Sethr Teak in Neverwinter. Like all sorcerers, Cy inherited his magic through his bloodline and so was naturally talented...he would often be seen playing around with magic at a young age and showing off with it much to the worry of his parents. But hey, it made him super popular with the local kids and got him attention, and that's usually all that kids care about in that stage of life. Although he could somewhat control his powers, his parents let him have his fun for a while but decided that the boy needed to be trained properly so that he could be more productive and less wasteful. He was a bit of a lazy child, not wanting to do his chores most of the time (this is something his father had to work out of him) and preferring to daydream or play. One of the kids he played with was a girl called Dio Hawkthorn, whom he saw as a nice-enough, cute but frumpy girl. However, he did admire her imagination and the fact that she would take no shit from her. They became friends after she had to put him in check with her fist after the first and last time he called her frumpy.

Since his parents traveled a lot, he's seen quite a bit of the world although he would always return to Neverwinter, staying with his grandparents and their expansive library when they had to be gone for long periods. Some even say that his parents being gone for long periods may have contributed to his attention-seeking behavior. When he got old enough, he was sent to the local school for wizards to learn discipline and how to control his powers. He was a fast learner given his innate magic, but once again, he's that lazy kid in class who somehow got good grades anyway. With him was his good friend Dio, who was a bit less frumpy (but still cute af) and they became closer as the school years dragged on. They eventually fell in love and Ciril proposed the night before their graduation, marrying the week after. The two of them didn't particularly want to settle down just yet, so they've started traveling and adventuring as their main source of income.

Personality: He's eccentric to the max, almost every motion he makes is flamboyant and he's constantly "doing the most" according to his wife. His magic, like everything about him is bright and showy and you can't seem to avoid looking at him whenever he walks into a room. Like moths to a flame, he would say. He's a good storyteller and is constantly telling bawdy jokes or stories and will talk your ear off. It's entertaining and fun at first, but he does tend to go on too long sometimes and that's when it gets annoying. When the situation calls for it though, the rare serious side that many don't think he's capable of comes out. He's surprisingly calm under pressure and is often the one getting his team to get their shit together during a threat. The thing he loves the most in the world besides his magic would have to be his wife, and he'd be out for blood if anything were to happen to her.
Strength: Not very physically strong tbh, that laziness hit him bad in that area (6)
Dexterity: He's wicked fast, he has to be because he can't take a punch (13)
Constitution: Very healthy for a magician, how else would he evade attacks (11)
Intelligence: Brilliant, but lazy (14)
Wisdom: 15 on this one, he's one of the most worldly people we know
Charisma: 13, the man could sell air to a fish. Unfortunately, it goes from charming to annoying when it goes on far too long.
Skills: Deception, Performance, Persuasion
Cantrips: (Your permanent spells, pick three, from your class, if you can use spells.)
Spells: Burning Hands,
Items: (Pick a couple items based on your class. You'll find more items based on your journey.)
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:49 am

Luminesa wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:tag, tempting to be a cultist(cleric) of some diety.

It’s also in the D&D multiverse as far as I know.

Forgotten Realms is D&D yep - think Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate, etc. It's the setting of various official 5e adventures / campaigns!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:44 am

So making my character and using the 5e creation rules. I don't have physical die and was using wizard of the coast die roller. My rolls are abnormally high and wanted to ask either suggestions or if yall think I should reroll. I can also post the screenshot for the rolls.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:55 am

I used Point Buy, personally.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:02 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:I used Point Buy, personally.

Appreciate that, using it now!
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:09 am

Tag - RL is hectic and it’s been a while since I’ve gamed but this sounds like fun.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 am

UniversalCommons wrote:Name: Oak Leif
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 300 lbs.
Appearance: Oak has reddish fur on parts of his body. He has deeply tanned skinned from spending a lot of time in the forest. His chest and back have tattoos on them of labyrinths. He has long black horns. He does not wear any rings in his ears or nose. His eyes are red. He is muscular appearing from hard physical labor.
Race: Forest Minotaur, Bonus Attack D6 + Strength Damage horns, or Knockback from horns up to 10 feet (save versus strength to prevent)
Alignment: Neutral (He has trouble understanding the concepts of good and evil. They confuse him. Extremes of good and evil are frightening to him.)
Biography: Oak was born in the Skull Ridge Mountains in an area of forest next to the mountains called Maple Hollow. The minotaurs lived in a maze of trees and hedges which led into a mountain. They traded with other beastmen and protected the maze which led into the mountain where their king lived. Their king was crafty for a minotaur and had made a deal where they had put in strong stone doors which opened from the inside, bound the mazes with protection and traps, and added alarms to keep out intruders. The king also drove out the undead and evil creatures dividing up the treasures of the maze among his followers and wrecking all traces of their presence. With the evil creatures gone, he was able to negotiate with dwarves and other humanoids to make the maze a better, safer place to live. There was a rumor of a mighty axe wielded by the minotaur king. Oak Leifs family had been guarding the maze for several generations.
His parents taught him to move stealthily in the maze to ambush invaders in the woods and caves. They also taught him how to get past the traps in the maze, climb trees to get eggs, honey, and fruit. He learned to dance to the drums and bells of the minotaur bards and perform acrobatics. He would wrestle and butt heads with the other young minotaurs.
The maze had become crowded and he was a third son so his family asked him to travel out into the world. There were getting to be too many minotaurs and beastmen in the maze. The Minotaur King also wanted to bring back wealth and tools from the outside world.
Personality: Oak Leif is quiet and strong. He likes poetry and listening to the drums and bells of the mazekeepers. He likes to wrestle and arm wrestle displaying feats of strength. He exercises every day by carrying heavy objects, practicing acrobatic war dances, and axe fighting. He is curious about the outside world. He has a deep distrust of the undead and is superstitious about ghosts and magic. With the undead driven away and no dark god to control the minotaurs, many of the minotaurs turned to worshiping Silvanus and other nature deities. Oak occasionally prays to Silvanus for guidance. Some also turned to ancestor worship talking to the great bards and warriors from the past. Oak also occasionally has conversations with his great grandfather about being a warrior in his head. Oak like most Minotaurs is vegetarian, he likes oats, carrots, apples, beans, and fresh grass.
Strength: 17 Oak Leif is large and strong. He got this way from moving heavy logs and stones, wrestling, dancing to the drums and bells, carrying stone for the maze, chopping and carrying wood, and practicing with the axe.
Dexterity: 15 He has the speed to follow game in the forest, to move quickly through the trees, dance the maze dance, and climb trees.
Constitution: 16 He is young and strong. He has spent a lot of time working with his hands and practicing as a maze warrior.
Intelligence: 8 Oak is not book learned, he has not seen writing before in the style of the cities. The Beastmen of Maple Hollow use a runic alphabet. Most do not know how to read or write. He sees the world as a tribesman would. Complex machines confuse him.
Wisdom: 8 Oak does not know a huge amount about the outside world. He has lived in a community far from large civilized cities. He is more than a little naive.
Charisma: 8 Oak is a bit scruffy and not particularly charming. He has spent a lot of time in the woods alone. He keeps himself clean and appears healthy and strong. He does not come across as a leader, but his presence is imposing.
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth
Attack: Barbarian: Rage, Unarmored Defense 15, Minotuar Bonus Attack D6 + Strength Damage horns, or Knockback from horns up to 10 feet (save versus strength to prevent)
Items: Large long handled woodsmans axe, two throwing hatchets. Large leather shoulder bag with food in it. Red plaid kilt. Handful of copper coins. Drinking horn made from his grandfathers horn inscribed with his family name.

Did a rewrite of my character. Basically, he almost looks like Conan with the combination of stealth, acrobatics, rage, athletics, and unarmored defense.
I used the point generation system. This makes him not too smart and of average charisma.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:36 am

Romic wrote:So making my character and using the 5e creation rules. I don't have physical die and was using wizard of the coast die roller. My rolls are abnormally high and wanted to ask either suggestions or if yall think I should reroll. I can also post the screenshot for the rolls.

Hmmmmmmm. Yeah these are pretty good. If Point Buy works, try with that, but keep in mind that every character is going to have a point where they start rather weak in something. You can also go with the standard 15,14,13,12,10,8 if that helps.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse