NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chrominus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrominus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Ok so. Just to confirm- we're near/just inside the entryway for the temple, the plan is to meet with the High Priest when we find his location/get led there by a lesser priest, and then plot progresses from there. There seems to be a lot of confusion starting out and i want to help clarify things. Is this a correct reading yall?

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Chrominus wrote:Ok so. Just to confirm- we're near/just inside the entryway for the temple, the plan is to meet with the High Priest when we find his location/get led there by a lesser priest, and then plot progresses from there. There seems to be a lot of confusion starting out and i want to help clarify things. Is this a correct reading yall?

My character was standing by the notice board, lost in thought for a few moments; I chose to end my character introduction post there because that's roughly where Eleanora was at the end of her character's introduction post.

I'm sorry about my introduction post, btw. I know it's not very good... Or perhaps I'm second guessing myself... I don't even know tbh... Should I apologize for apologizing? Does that even make sense?
Last edited by The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Chrominus wrote:Ok so. Just to confirm- we're near/just inside the entryway for the temple, the plan is to meet with the High Priest when we find his location/get led there by a lesser priest, and then plot progresses from there. There seems to be a lot of confusion starting out and i want to help clarify things. Is this a correct reading yall?

Confusion? Where? I thought it was pretty cut-and-dry, but yeah.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Heyyooooo! I made a post, everyone can now come into the office and briefly introduce themselves to the High Cleric. This includes Bycrest, Irhk, and UC's characters. :3
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 pm

A response will be coming soon! UniversalCommons, did you wish to post for Oak Lief?
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:A response will be coming soon! UniversalCommons, did you wish to post for Oak Lief?

Thanks. I posted for Oak Lief. Looking forward to the backstory for the quest.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:32 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Luminesa wrote:A response will be coming soon! UniversalCommons, did you wish to post for Oak Lief?

Will post tomorrow or Saturday morning! :3
-Alan Jackson

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:

Will post tomorrow or Saturday morning! :3

For the record, said posts are very well done, as is usual for you. :)

I apologize for not being able to post earlier, but in my defense I had a relatively busy day/week. Nevertheless, I've made a post, and I hope it's up to the high standard expected of this RP.

As a side note, should I retcon my character's deity to something such as Oghma or another knowledge deity from the Forgotten Realms setting? It seems that everyone else is using deities from the Forgotten Realms setting... :unsure:
Last edited by The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 pm

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Will post tomorrow or Saturday morning! :3

For the record, said posts are very well done, as is usual for you. :)

I apologize for not being able to post earlier, but in my defense I had a relatively busy day/week. Nevertheless, I've made a post, and I hope it's up to the high standard expected of this RP.

As a side note, should I retcon my character's deity to something such as Oghma or another knowledge deity from the Forgotten Realms setting? It seems that everyone else is using deities from the Forgotten Realms setting... :unsure:

Thank you! It might be more convenient, but I did pick an Ioun stone as a reward since I noticed you used Ioun as your character’s deity. It’s not necessary, but you won’t encounter too many other followers of Ioun in the RP. Whatever you want to do.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 pm

A Minotaur and his cheese dip. I need to make a picture for this.
-Alan Jackson

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Luminesa wrote:A Minotaur and his cheese dip. I need to make a picture for this.

That whole piece was brilliant!

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Eleanora’s last post was brilliant.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Allied Wessex wrote:Eleanora’s last post was brilliant.

That was a funny post to write.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Moving just a little TOO quick, UC. I'll post for the RP in the morning. :3
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks I'll slow down and put in a dream sequence of a few sentences.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 am

I'm just going to use my actual d&d character

Tag
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 pm

This looks interesting. I am a little bit busy now though so I am not sure if I will be able to join. I might try and keep an eye on this rp though. Here is what I have so far for my app. I will leave it here for now if that is ok.

If you don't mind my asking, are Variant humans allowed (I would be interested in the Ceremony spell and the Spare the dying spell but they aren't on the druid spell list)? Do races get the extra features associated with their race being attribute increases, such as the extra tool proficiency or spells or languages in this rp?

D&D RP Character Application!
Name: Sir Bartholomew Bouleregard
Height: 5'10
Weight: 210 lbs
Appearance: Image
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral. Bartholemew is neither selfish nor selfless, though both tendencies can be possible and he leans more towards selfless. Bartholemew is also neither fully lawful nor fully basing decisions on his whims. It is more in the middle and incorporating parts of each alignment direction.
Class: Druid
Biography:

Bartholemew grew up in a large coastal town or city. His dad worked as a barrister while his mom stayed at home.

When Bartholomew was 20 he was sent by the Druid council to live with the Lizardfolk in their village for 3 years. During this time he served as their Druid, helping to resolve disputes and help in matters of hardship. During this period he became on more friendly relations with the Lizardfolk, learned draconic, but also became more desensitized to violence due to the lizardfolks more violent competition tendencies. Following his time with the Lizardfolk he went to live with the Aarakokra for 3 years. With the Aarakocra he served a similar role as with the Lizardfolk, and became friends with them but here he picked up on their birdlike tendency for cleanliness and the Auran language. He was then sent to live with the Firbolg. While serving as the Firbolgs Druid the Firbolg taught him the language of Giants, as well as more about observing others. After getting to know the Firbolg and becoming friendlier with them, a local count knighted him for his relations with the local tribes.

Now Sir Bartholemew Bouleregard, at 29 years old, was provided a plot of land. The land was around 5000 acres and covered with forest, swamp and grasslands. His territory was inhabited by a few tribes on the outskirts and few inhabitants on the interior. Bartholemew invited some of the local tribes in, and brought in a bunch of indentured servants to work the land as sharecroppers. He constructed a large manor and set up a plantation that would be worked by the sharecroppers, producing spices as well as food.

Personality:
Bartholemew is someone that is a bit desensitized to violence. Like the phrase, "When in Rome do as the Romans do" he often likes to try and observe local customs and etiquette if he is familiar with them. He thinks people should be shown respect. However, he is a little fastidious about his appearance.

Instead of worshiping a specific deity such as Dionysus, as a Druid he regards the power of nature highly and draws his power from it. In order to help protect nature, he tries to support the environment less in tree hugger methods such as protests and more through economic and political means. He allows people to chop down trees on his land or engage in economic hunting, but has people replant the trees or hunt in cycles to help keep the population up. He sells lumber and the gained revenue is able to support the territories people as well as its flora and fauna. By participating in the economic system he is able to help protect the environment.

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 13
Skills: Survival, History, Persuasion
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Produce Flame, Thorn Whip
Spells: Entangle, Fog Cloud, Detect Magic, good berry, Heat Metal, Spike Growth
Non-Magical Attacks: Scimitar
Items: Leather Armour, explorers Pack, Wooden Horn (Druidic Focus), Scimitar, Shortbow, Fine Clothes, Signet Ring, Scroll of pedigree, purse containing 25 gp
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Cainesland wrote:This looks interesting. I am a little bit busy now though so I am not sure if I will be able to join. I might try and keep an eye on this rp though. Here is what I have so far for my app. I will leave it here for now if that is ok.

If you don't mind my asking, are Variant humans allowed (I would be interested in the Ceremony spell and the Spare the dying spell but they aren't on the druid spell list)? Do races get the extra features associated with their race being attribute increases, such as the extra tool proficiency or spells or languages in this rp?

D&D RP Character Application!
Name: Sir Bartholomew Bouleregard
Weight: 210 lbs
Appearance: (Image)
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral. Bartholemew is neither selfish nor selfless, though both tendencies can be possible and he leans more towards selfless. Bartholemew is also neither fully lawful nor fully basing decisions on his whims. It is more in the middle and incorporating parts of each alignment direction.
Class: Druid
Biography:

Bartholemew grew up in a large coastal town or city. His dad worked as a barrister while his mom stayed at home.

When Bartholomew was 20 he was sent by the Druid council to live with the Lizardfolk in their village for 3 years. During this time he served as their Druid, helping to resolve disputes and help in matters of hardship. During this period he became on more friendly relations with the Lizardfolk, learned draconic, but also became more desensitized to violence due to the lizardfolks more violent competition tendencies. Following his time with the Lizardfolk he went to live with the Aarakokra for 3 years. With the Aarakocra he served a similar role as with the Lizardfolk, and became friends with them but here he picked up on their birdlike tendency for cleanliness and the Auran language. He was then sent to live with the Firbolg. While serving as the Firbolgs Druid the Firbolg taught him the language of Giants, as well as more about observing others. After getting to know the Firbolg and becoming friendlier with them, a local count knighted him for his relations with the local tribes.

Now Sir Bartholemew Bouleregard, at 29 years old, was provided a plot of land. The land was around 5000 acres and covered with forest, swamp and grasslands. His territory was inhabited by a few tribes on the outskirts and few inhabitants on the interior. Bartholemew invited some of the local tribes in, and brought in a bunch of indentured servants to work the land as sharecroppers. He constructed a large manor and set up a plantation that would be worked by the sharecroppers, producing spices as well as food.

Personality:
Bartholemew is someone that is a bit desensitized to violence. Like the phrase, "When in Rome do as the Romans do" he often likes to try and observe local customs and etiquette if he is familiar with them. He thinks people should be shown respect. However, he is a little fastidious about his appearance.

Instead of worshiping a specific deity such as Dionysus, as a Druid he regards the power of nature highly and draws his power from it. In order to help protect nature, he tries to support the environment less in tree hugger methods such as protests and more through economic and political means. He allows people to chop down trees on his land or engage in economic hunting, but has people replant the trees or hunt in cycles to help keep the population up. He sells lumber and the gained revenue is able to support the territories people as well as its flora and fauna. By participating in the economic system he is able to help protect the environment.

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 13
Skills: Survival, History, Persuasion
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Produce Flame, Thorn Whip
Spells: Entangle, Fog Cloud, Detect Magic, good berry, Heat Metal, Spike Growth
Non-Magical Attacks: Scimitar
Items: Leather Armour, explorers Pack, Wooden Horn (Druidic Focus), Scimitar, Shortbow, Fine Clothes, Signet Ring, Scroll of pedigree, purse containing 25 gp

Variant human is not allowed for this. To answer the rest of your question; yes, racial abilities and stat increases do apply. So far, your app looks good but I will go over it more tomorrow.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 pm

Thank you. Are we allowed access to background features such as wanderer or shelter of the faithful?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi everybody! This week has been absolutely bonkers, but I’ll make sure to post and to check Apps in the next couple of days. Thank you for your patience!

Swaglord, where art thou?
-Alan Jackson

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:31 am

Cainesland wrote:Thank you. Are we allowed access to background features such as wanderer or shelter of the faithful?

Backgrounds aren't really a thing in the app, although you could try to work something from a background into your character's backstory.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Acerbez
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Acerbez » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 am

You guys have space for another char in the party? Really keen on joining in. Admittedly I haven't read the whole OoC yet or checked out the IC but DnD already got me willing.
Roleplay in Aeterna Publicae

Acerbez
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Acerbez » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:53 am

Name: Islah Khaz
Weight: 155lbs
Appearance: Vibrant Autumn red colored eyes, fair skin, long black silk like hair.
Race: Kalashtar
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Bard (Plays an Erhu, basically a 2 stringed violin)

Biography: An orphan of unknown heritage but not entirely unheard of circumstances. Her own self interests always put her in earshot of stories and tales, at which point her own imagination capitalised upon and displayed her young talent to create, fabricate, and share stories. Never realizing her waking thoughts were colorful and bright but herself never having experienced a sleeping dream before (due to her Kalashtar heritage).

Deciding to leave the orphanage at the behest of a travelling bard and their following act. Room and board had paid the expense of living as she had undertaken chores for the travelling group while every moment of free time went to learning music and story her early teen years. In just this previous 4 years however, she has discontinued her studies at an academy of minor wizardry after it siphoned all her savings, she realized that music was her calling but the slight magics and her competence to wield them would take her further.

Personality: Pragmatic and imaginative. Having left the orphanage at the age of 16 and living the life of a commoner meant many hard lessons were learned along the way. Firstly, utility. One's worth and value is only measured by their ability to perform, and perform she does. Islah seeks to enraptured others with music and entertainment... At times with a bit of magic to get where or what she needs. Survival teaches a sort of cunning selfishness while art teaches appreciation. She is respectful but at the same time vindictive. Passionate but oddly patient. Maintaining posture is important to any tale, something Islah capitalises upon. She naturally suppresses her emotions in favor of logic and has a tendancy for her mind to imagine conspiracy where there is none.

Strength: (7) Not the strongest, certainly She is not the greatest at laborious tasks. Pretty bad in fact.
Dexterity: racial +1 (12) above average
Constitution: (10) average
Intelligence: (13) logical and open to learning more.
Wisdom: racial +1 (14) Remarkably in tune and understanding but a young mind nonetheless.
Charisma: racial +1 (18) Her best attribute by far. Her voice to appearance compliment this trait along with his talent for music and story. Beyond exceptional largely impart of her Kalashtar heritage and otherworldly companionship (something about having a guiding spirit in the 5e descript)
Skills: Performance, deception, and persuasion
Cantrips: mage hand, minor illusion, vicious mockery.
Spells: dissonant whispers, bane, cure wounds, tashas hideous laughter, puppet, unearthly chorus.
Non-Magical Attacks:
Items: Silk robe, dagger, hand crossbow, entertainers pack.
Last edited by Acerbez on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Roleplay in Aeterna Publicae

The Bio-Regional Cooperative of States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bio-Regional Cooperative of States » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:07 am

Hopefully I'm not too late, tag & future app in coming

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:06 pm

Is there a lords alliance type entity?

What might the education system like? Is is closer to medieval cathedral or monastic schools or closer to a public education system? Is the system different for each of the kingdoms or is the education system generally the same in each of the kingdoms? Can most people in the kingsoms read and write?
Last edited by Cainesland on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse