NATION

PASSWORD

The Coming Clash {OOC|OPEN}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Saskisdi wrote:The sample I had when you posted is the one I'm sticking with.

Could you write something else quickly?

Also, fear the Diriganki

Sorry for the radio silence over the weekend. Things happened.

I don't really know why the sample is this important to you, but I guess I could TG you my opening post? Would that work?
Last edited by Saskisdi on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 am

Saskisdi wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Could you write something else quickly?

Also, fear the Diriganki

Sorry for the radio silence over the weekend. Things happened.

I don't really know why the sample is this important to you, but I guess I could TG you my opening post? Would that work?

Yes

Because you claim to have improved. So I want to see if that's true
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Avicina
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Avicina » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Aight sorry this took so long! I went through a few iterations before deciding on something waaaay out from what I originally wanted, but I think I like it. Sorry if there's anything stupidly wrong!

Character App - Metahuman

Name: Amelia Annesley

Sex: Female

Sexual Orientation: Probably yes

Associated Faction: Government, I guess?

Bio: Born into an influential family in the ARA, Amelia's early life was comfortable even as she was prepared for use as a political instrument. Slowly inducted into her role, she just about managed to keep tabs on an ever-widening net of friends, foes and allies of convenience as she took her first faltering steps into the wider world she had been all but shielded from before. Her teenage years were marked by a small but growing confidence in her own abilities soon burgeoning into a near-arrogance as she began to make inroads into the true political sphere.

Unfortunately, this collapsed with the onset of her powers at sixteen. Her pride rapidly transmuted into arrogance and she began to fear her family would have her taken away to be hidden or killed. As her desperation grew, a political opponent of her family approached her and offered to have her smuggled out of the country. Agreeing, she found herself taken to Cascadia and all but imprisoned there with only the most sanitised newsfeed possible.

Still the political situation continued to evolve and, after nearly a year in captivity, she was deemed to be either unnecessary or useless as leverage. Taken out into the wilderness to be shot and disposed of, she managed to surprise her would-be executioners and detonated the van they were transporting her in. Though hurt, she managed to limp towards Giwash for almost a day before passing out. She would eventually be found and taken into hospital, where she caused several discharges before being properly grounded. When she finally came around, she found herself offered a place at Skell Head and - lacking anywhere else to go - she accepted.

Appearance:

Power: Coulombkinesis - Amelia builds up charge rapidly through friction as she moves, and can manipulate that charge in various ways, including generating electromagnetic fields, transferring charge as basic electrical shocks and clumsy telekinesis of ferromagnetic or otherwise charged objects. Theoretically she can generate up to any amount of charge, but beyond a certain point the build-up of charge is dangerous and can cause spontaneous internal or external discharges.

Skills: Amelia is relatively bright and well-educated, with a strong grasp on the physical sciences and a good ability to shift her perception and understanding to different situations. At the same time she has been practising ballet since she was young and has a relatively good spatial awareness, balance and reflexes, and is of average fitness. Finally, she has been involved with family politics long enough to develop a small talent for group dynamics and keeping track of interpersonal relationships.

Equipment: Outside of a suitcase of clothing and general amenities, Amelia only has one noteworthy item - an austenitic steel wire-filament mesh which fits between clothes and underclothes. This helps to ground her and prevent the build-up of charge without her needing to actively discharge it.

RP Sample:
The thrum of the engine sent the cold plastic inner wall of the van vibrating against the back of her head as she adjusted her behind on the thin seat-padding - the only nod to comfort in an otherwise spartan interior. She could feel charge running through her skin, forcing her to spasm lightly every so often as a pulse rolled through a nerve or a muscle directly. It drained, of course - her under-lattice was wired into something grounding her, and she couldn't fight physics like that.

But she could feel it, slipping out as shirt met trousers at the small of her back. Cold metal bit deep into her wrists, threatening to cut off the flow of blood to her hands, but she could just about touch the thin filament. It was warm to the touch. Digging her heels into the ground she pushed herself back, extending her arms and letting the bar grind into the vertebrae of her spine to try and grab the filament. The guard glanced over at her, considering moving, then relaxed back into the chair.

Two fingers pinched around the wire and she tugged sharply. Yielding for a moment, it snapped and she felt charge begin to build up over her body. Relaxing down for a moment, she saw the guard glancing back at her quizzically. She prayed it looked like she had given up. Rubbing her hands together behind her back, she felt her hair begin to perk up as static electricity bristled. The guard had finally noticed that something was happening, and brought himself to his feet.

"Stop moving."

Amelia glanced up as he moved in front of her, bringing out a small plastic box. It took her a moment to realise what was going to happen and close her eyes before he flipped the cap off of the taser and jammed it into her side. The taser discharged into her, and before the pain could even register with her she had discharged right back into it. The box exploded in the guard's hand, sending him staggering backwards into the wall and sending shrapnel slicing into her clothes and skin.

"Bastard!" The guard spat, regaining his feet and tossing aside the remains of the taser. Reaching around to pull out the nightstick, he took two steps forwards and cracked it smartly around her face. Her head whipped to one side, spittle flying, and she felt the world spin around her. A moment later, a second blow sent her lurching in her seat. She felt more than saw the guard taking a step forwards, and her foot lashed out to thud against his padded shin. He growled, took another step forwards until he was right in front of her and brought a fist down on the crown of her head. Her world exploded into stars and she sagged, before jerking upright and colliding with his chin. Electricity discharged with a loud crack and the guard was suddenly lolling on the other side of the room.

Rubbing her hands together, she felt the charge begin to build up in her body again. She doubted she had time to blast off the handcuffs, and she wasn't convinced that she could fight whoever was in the front even if she could. Which meant she didn't have a plan and was just praying for the best. She licked dry lips and glanced around. The haze seemed to be clearing from her eyes, the interior of the van popping into sharp focus. For a moment, she felt almost elated.

The radio screeched, and she reflexively flinched away from it. It continued to speak for a moment, words she couldn't make out over all the background noise but with a tone she could have understood in a hurricane. Several long moments dragged on, and she felt ehr charge building and building throughout. Her hair was almost globelike now, spitting arcs of electricity from tip to tip. There was a tingle all over her skin as if thousands of tiny needles were being inserted over and over and over.

The van stopped. In the sudden silence she could hear voices in the front. No time to think. Just do. She twisted her body around, to the metal separating her from the front compartment of the vehicle - less than half a foot away now. The voices had stopped. Straining with all her might, she felt tendons screaming their complaints. The handcuffs bit into her wrists. She felt skin split somewhere - she let it slide.

Her cheek made contact with the metal. She discharged. And then she was sailing through the air, ears ringing and clothes flaming as she arced into the ground with all the grace of a dying sparrow. Tarmac slammed into her, crushing the air from her lungs as she skidded across it. Clothes tore, skin gave way to blood and bone below but after a moment she stopped, lying in the middle of the road surrounded by blazing shards of metal and plastic and with the sun glaring down at her.

With a grunt of pain, Amelia forced herself to her feet. Glanced around. She was free, she mused. She glanced around again - three uniformed figures shared the road with her. Two were already dead or near-dead. A twinge of sympathy buzzed through her, even as she tried to push it to one side. She couldn't dwell. She turned to the third one, the guard who had been with her. He seemed...alive. She couldn't tell from here, and had no intention of getting any closer. For a moment longer she considered the body, then turned and began to limp on down the road.

She was free. Finally.

Did you read the Rules? Yeeeees?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:42 am

Avicina wrote:Aight sorry this took so long! I went through a few iterations before deciding on something waaaay out from what I originally wanted, but I think I like it. Sorry if there's anything stupidly wrong!

Generally you shouldn't change the formatting of an app (ie DON'T Align=center it if it isn't align=center)

Anyways, two minor things.

Sexual Orientation is not a question. Sexual orientation is a person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted.

As for associated faction, according to your bio, she is not associated with any government, but is a student at Skell Head. Therefore, the associated faction should be Skell Head Academy
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am

Hmmm, what shall I do with Ludovika?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am

Khasinkonia wrote:Hmmm, what shall I do with Ludovika?

Wait until after the time skip.... If GAme ever gets around to posting...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:55 pm

I was thinking making an Seventh-Day Adventist combined with Luxumbourgism communism terror group.

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:32 am

Barratistan wrote:I was thinking making an Seventh-Day Adventist combined with Luxumbourgism communism terror group.

I'm pretty sure Mormons already exist.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 am

Very brief blurb, but I'm still busy so at least it's something.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Okay, now that GAme has posted and I am done a lab report, I should get to work on the timeskip
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Time skip posted.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Time skip posted.

So icly, the date is now October 9th?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Time skip posted.

So icly, the date is now October 9th?

Yes.

I recommend that everyone find there characters either at the University or the Academy (unless you are a certain Cascadian Terrorist, because Jorg has a homunculus ready to intercept him)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:So icly, the date is now October 9th?

Yes.

I recommend that everyone find there characters either at the University or the Academy (unless you are a certain Cascadian Terrorist, because Jorg has a homunculus ready to intercept him)

Should I post now?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:15 am

Saskisdi wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Yes.

Should I post now?

I did say after the timeskip right?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am

Would it be reasonable to say that my char was invited to the University or Academy to deliver a speech on the history of meteorologists in the city?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am

Khasinkonia wrote:Would it be reasonable to say that my char was invited to the University or Academy to deliver a speech on the history of meteorologists in the city?

Yep. Perfectly reasonable
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Would it be reasonable to say that my char was invited to the University or Academy to deliver a speech on the history of meteorologists in the city?

Would the University or Academy in particular have a class that’d be more suited to such a speech?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:35 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Would the University or Academy in particular have a class that’d be more suited to such a speech?

The University
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:38 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Would the University or Academy in particular have a class that’d be more suited to such a speech?

The University

Okiedokie, would there be any class that I ought to identify, or should I just assume it’s Reporting 101 or something?

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 am

Avicina wrote:Aight sorry this took so long! I went through a few iterations before deciding on something waaaay out from what I originally wanted, but I think I like it. Sorry if there's anything stupidly wrong!

Sex: Female

Bio: Born into an influential family in the ARA, Amelia's early life was comfortable even as she was prepared for use as a political instrument. Slowly inducted into her role, she just about managed to keep tabs on an ever-widening net of friends, foes and allies of convenience as she took her first faltering steps into the wider world she had been all but shielded from before. Her teenage years were marked by a small but growing confidence in her own abilities soon burgeoning into a near-arrogance as she began to make inroads into the true political sphere.

Unfortunately, this collapsed with the onset of her powers at sixteen. Her pride rapidly transmuted into arrogance and she began to fear her family would have her taken away to be hidden or killed. As her desperation grew, a political opponent of her family approached her and offered to have her smuggled out of the country. Agreeing, she found herself taken to Cascadia and all but imprisoned there with only the most sanitised newsfeed possible.

Still the political situation continued to evolve and, after nearly a year in captivity, she was deemed to be either unnecessary or useless as leverage. Taken out into the wilderness to be shot and disposed of, she managed to surprise her would-be executioners and detonated the van they were transporting her in. Though hurt, she managed to limp towards Giwash for almost a day before passing out. She would eventually be found and taken into hospital, where she caused several discharges before being properly grounded. When she finally came around, she found herself offered a place at Skell Head and - lacking anywhere else to go - she accepted.

Appearance:

Power: Coulombkinesis - Amelia builds up charge rapidly through friction as she moves, and can manipulate that charge in various ways, including generating electromagnetic fields, transferring charge as basic electrical shocks and clumsy telekinesis of ferromagnetic or otherwise charged objects. Theoretically she can generate up to any amount of charge, but beyond a certain point the build-up of charge is dangerous and can cause spontaneous internal or external discharges.

Skills: Amelia is relatively bright and well-educated, with a strong grasp on the physical sciences and a good ability to shift her perception and understanding to different situations. At the same time she has been practising ballet since she was young and has a relatively good spatial awareness, balance and reflexes, and is of average fitness. Finally, she has been involved with family politics long enough to develop a small talent for group dynamics and keeping track of interpersonal relationships.

Equipment: Outside of a suitcase of clothing and general amenities, Amelia only has one noteworthy item - an austenitic steel wire-filament mesh which fits between clothes and underclothes. This helps to ground her and prevent the build-up of charge without her needing to actively discharge it.

RP Sample:
The thrum of the engine sent the cold plastic inner wall of the van vibrating against the back of her head as she adjusted her behind on the thin seat-padding - the only nod to comfort in an otherwise spartan interior. She could feel charge running through her skin, forcing her to spasm lightly every so often as a pulse rolled through a nerve or a muscle directly. It drained, of course - her under-lattice was wired into something grounding her, and she couldn't fight physics like that.

But she could feel it, slipping out as shirt met trousers at the small of her back. Cold metal bit deep into her wrists, threatening to cut off the flow of blood to her hands, but she could just about touch the thin filament. It was warm to the touch. Digging her heels into the ground she pushed herself back, extending her arms and letting the bar grind into the vertebrae of her spine to try and grab the filament. The guard glanced over at her, considering moving, then relaxed back into the chair.

Two fingers pinched around the wire and she tugged sharply. Yielding for a moment, it snapped and she felt charge begin to build up over her body. Relaxing down for a moment, she saw the guard glancing back at her quizzically. She prayed it looked like she had given up. Rubbing her hands together behind her back, she felt her hair begin to perk up as static electricity bristled. The guard had finally noticed that something was happening, and brought himself to his feet.

"Stop moving."

Amelia glanced up as he moved in front of her, bringing out a small plastic box. It took her a moment to realise what was going to happen and close her eyes before he flipped the cap off of the taser and jammed it into her side. The taser discharged into her, and before the pain could even register with her she had discharged right back into it. The box exploded in the guard's hand, sending him staggering backwards into the wall and sending shrapnel slicing into her clothes and skin.

"Bastard!" The guard spat, regaining his feet and tossing aside the remains of the taser. Reaching around to pull out the nightstick, he took two steps forwards and cracked it smartly around her face. Her head whipped to one side, spittle flying, and she felt the world spin around her. A moment later, a second blow sent her lurching in her seat. She felt more than saw the guard taking a step forwards, and her foot lashed out to thud against his padded shin. He growled, took another step forwards until he was right in front of her and brought a fist down on the crown of her head. Her world exploded into stars and she sagged, before jerking upright and colliding with his chin. Electricity discharged with a loud crack and the guard was suddenly lolling on the other side of the room.

Rubbing her hands together, she felt the charge begin to build up in her body again. She doubted she had time to blast off the handcuffs, and she wasn't convinced that she could fight whoever was in the front even if she could. Which meant she didn't have a plan and was just praying for the best. She licked dry lips and glanced around. The haze seemed to be clearing from her eyes, the interior of the van popping into sharp focus. For a moment, she felt almost elated.

The radio screeched, and she reflexively flinched away from it. It continued to speak for a moment, words she couldn't make out over all the background noise but with a tone she could have understood in a hurricane. Several long moments dragged on, and she felt ehr charge building and building throughout. Her hair was almost globelike now, spitting arcs of electricity from tip to tip. There was a tingle all over her skin as if thousands of tiny needles were being inserted over and over and over.

The van stopped. In the sudden silence she could hear voices in the front. No time to think. Just do. She twisted her body around, to the metal separating her from the front compartment of the vehicle - less than half a foot away now. The voices had stopped. Straining with all her might, she felt tendons screaming their complaints. The handcuffs bit into her wrists. She felt skin split somewhere - she let it slide.

Her cheek made contact with the metal. She discharged. And then she was sailing through the air, ears ringing and clothes flaming as she arced into the ground with all the grace of a dying sparrow. Tarmac slammed into her, crushing the air from her lungs as she skidded across it. Clothes tore, skin gave way to blood and bone below but after a moment she stopped, lying in the middle of the road surrounded by blazing shards of metal and plastic and with the sun glaring down at her.

With a grunt of pain, Amelia forced herself to her feet. Glanced around. She was free, she mused. She glanced around again - three uniformed figures shared the road with her. Two were already dead or near-dead. A twinge of sympathy buzzed through her, even as she tried to push it to one side. She couldn't dwell. She turned to the third one, the guard who had been with her. He seemed...alive. She couldn't tell from here, and had no intention of getting any closer. For a moment longer she considered the body, then turned and began to limp on down the road.

She was free. Finally.

Did you read the Rules? Yeeeees?

It seems someone's using my character appearance from elsewhere. :p

Also, I'm just lurking at the moment, just had to comment when I took a glance around here and noticed that app.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 am

Nea Videssos wrote:Also, I'm just lurking at the moment, just had to comment when I took a glance around here and noticed that app.

Cease your lurking, and join
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:58 am

Funnily enough one of the reasons I was a bit more hesitant (other than being busy with essays and not having read the lore yet) was the fact that someone had already beaten me to using the aforementioned character appearance (at the moment, in modern RPs with metahumans my go-to character is a certain yakuza trap assassin, whilst I'd probably use Midare Toushirou's appearance for a modern-ish RP with mages/magic). Of course, there are possibly other options, but recycling characters that only need a bit of tweaking to work, is easiest.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:04 am

Nea Videssos wrote:Funnily enough one of the reasons I was a bit more hesitant (other than being busy with essays and not having read the lore yet) was the fact that someone had already beaten me to using the aforementioned character appearance (at the moment, in modern RPs with metahumans my go-to character is a certain yakuza trap assassin, whilst I'd probably use Midare Toushirou's appearance for a modern-ish RP with mages/magic). Of course, there are possibly other options, but recycling characters that only need a bit of tweaking to work, is easiest.

Seeing as there has been a sudden increase in interest... and I know what sort of characters you can make, I think I'll lift the ban on supernatural beings and magic users for you. And yes, it may seem like I am playing favorites, but the fact is you make interesting characters, and put a lot of detail into them. So yeah, if you want to do something other than a metahuman, I'll allow it.

Barratistan wrote:I was thinking making an Seventh-Day Adventist combined with Luxumbourgism communism terror group.

And why would they be in Giwash?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:19 pm

So, people working on posts?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse