NATION

PASSWORD

Demon City (A Demon Hunter RP OOC OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Clarcia wrote:Oh boy, can’t wait to get into this!

Not to worry, I'm almost done with the IC. I'm planning on having it up today, probably within the next hour or so.

Sweet!

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm

IC IS UP

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=455564&p=35046344#p35046344

Sorry, I know I said I would do it yesterday but then I didn't like the end product so I just completely rewrote it.

Just as some explanation for whats going on in the IC's first post, essentially the bartender who Marcys and Hakaku are meeting is the one who wants to start the guild, and will send out Marcus and Hakaku to collect you guys, who he has been watching to determine weather they are good enough to be in the guild.

So, you can either have been lead to his bar in some way like Marcus and Hakaku, or you could be going about your own day as a Hunter, and Marcus will collect you. Either way, the bar will become our base of operations very quickly.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Quick question is Hakata an npc, or is he more of another main character?

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Clarcia wrote:Quick question is Hakata an npc, or is he more of another main character?

For the first introductions, he is sort of like a main character, but once we get the Guild all set up and the story proper is off and running he will become more like an NPC.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Tag? I like demon-hunting.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Apps finished, I suppose.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Luminesa wrote:Tag? I like demon-hunting.

We all like Demon Hunting here.

Its kind of our thing here.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Username: Haedros 92712

Yato Kuroiryu

The "Midnight Dragon" (What the demon hunter subculture calls him, and a play on his last name, which translates to "Black Dragon)
His official title, "Yato" is actually a nickname. His real name is Yamato. (Nagisa still calls him Yamato)

(NOTE: The theme song and nickname is not required, but I've always liked them so I put it in.)

General Information
Height: 6'2
Weight: 223 lbs.
Physical Features: His back is blanketed with long scars.
Clothing/Accessories: He is most commonly distinguishable by his rather fancy katana, with a dragon head shaped pommel. He also commonly carries a second sword, a wakizashi (or short sword), that has a simple wooden handle.
Psychological Evaluation
Personality: Yato is the quiet, brooding type. He quite frequently wants nothing to do with other people and is rather easily bothered by the actions of others. Despite his cold outward behavior, he really is a kind individual, with a strong sense of justice and a wish to protect others. He is almost self-destructive in this way, betraying his own usual behavior and allowing himself to come to harm in order to protect others. He has a tendency to enter a trancelike state in which he doesn't register any pain he feels whilst under intense stress.
Hopes/Dreams: He simply wants revenge on the demons who stole everything from him.
Fears: He fears losing all that he has gained once again, his new found friends and strength.
Combat Mentality: Yato mainly focuses on fast-paced sword combat. He attempts to disorient his opponents with rapid movements and distraction "fluke strikes", and then follow up with an execution blow while his opponent is thrown off guard. He also utilizes his secondary blade to deal minor wounds.
Biography: Yamato Kuroiryu... what to say about this man. The prodigal son amongst 5 brothers, star athlete, top of his class, so on and so forth. He spent much of his early life distanced from his peers by his accomplishments, a true embodiment of "lonely at the top." Up until age 12, he lived this way. Around this time, he met Nagisa Katagiri, a new girl at his high school. She began to follow him around school persistently, and even when he graduated, she would wait for him out front his high school. He considered her a burden. An unnecessary add-on to his life. Yet in an odd way, he treasured her company. Their friendship slowly developed, becoming more romantic. They began to spend almost all their time together, a trend continuing until he graduated high school, and moved out of Japan to study abroad in America.

He returned home for winter break, and overall, his life was the same it had always been. Nagisa and him spent almost all their time together, and when not together, he mostly remained in his room doing some kind of work or other. Life was good... or at least okay. And then... tragedy. While he was out one day, his families home were burned to the ground, and his family was slaughtered. Demons. He dropped out of college to stay close to what had been home. He closed himself off, even more so than was normal for him, pushing away everybody and everything, former "friends", distant family, Nagisa. He broke. He was angry. With himself for letting this happen. With the world, with fate, for taking his family away. And so, to foster this anger. One day, he picked up a sword. And just began... training. He had been a kendo student in his youth, and quickly he began to become more and more skilled with the blade. Obsessive training, for two years. He began wandering the streets, finding and slaying any demon that dared show its face. He got beat pretty bad. A lot. But he always pulled through somehow. Scars, broken bones, nothing stopped him from enacting his anger. He would stop at nothing for revenge, and he would stop at nothing to rid the world of demons. For the sake of his own bloodlust, and to protect everything he still had.

Nagisa Katagiri

Nagi (Just what Yato calls her.)
"Black Cat" (A reference to her tendency to cause bad luck.)
(Image)

(NOTE: The theme song and nickname is not required, but I've always liked them so I put it in.)

General Information
Height: 5'7
Weight: 170 lbs.
Physical Features: She has a birthmark on her right ankle.
Clothing/Accessories: She's almost always wearing a black scarf around her neck, with her name stitched into the fabric.
Psychological Evaluation
Personality: Nagisa prefers to be blunt about her opinions. No holds barred, she frequently states exactly what she thinks, to the point where she comes off as rude. She is rather easily bored, and typically very hyper. She acts with a rather cutesy nature, often pretending to be much more innocent and girlish than she actually is. Nagisa also has a rather short, explosive temper, and her cute facade fades away quite fast when she gets pissed off.
Hopes/Dreams: None in particular? The thing she prioritizes most is making sure her childhood friend and boyfriend Yamato doesn't get killed in a reckless and foolish way, as he quite often nearly does.
Fears: Losing Yamato.
Combat Mentality: Nagisa isn't too good with close combat fighting, with no prior training or athletic experience. Instead, she focuses mainly on projectile attacks, mostly utilizing pistols and thrown weapons (knives mostly.) If a demon gets too close, however, she won't hesitate to crack it over the head with a baseball bat.
Biography: Nagisa's childhood was a simple one. Born in a small town, two sisters, went to school, had friends, lived life. Where everything really changed was when she moved to Tokyo. While opposed to moving, when she arrived in the big city, she was starstruck. Lights, people, tall buildings, dazzling sights, cars, subways, the like. And there was the most amazing boy. He seemed so lonely. She tried speaking to him. He always replied with quiet, curt responses. Empty eyes. She began following him around school, trying to speak with him more. She discovered they took the same path home. More and more she became a part of his life. Then the amazing day came that he began to try and talk to her. He graduated, but she still went to his school's gate, walked home with him. Slowly they became friends, and then more. He left for college, but they still kept contact, and he came home from break, and it was as if he had never left.

And then tragedy struck. Yamato's family was gone. He moved in with her family, and yet, despite being closer than ever, he had gone distant. He began to leave the house for absurd amounts of time. She began to follow out of the house, only to discover he was hunting demons. She became worried. Afraid. His new career was dangerous, and she vowed to protect him from himself. She began to train when she could, finding ways to practice the use of guns, throwing knives, anything she could do given her not-so-athletic background. She got better and better. And when she thought she was ready, she confronted Yamato. "I'm going with you. You have no choice." Yamato replied the only was he likely could at this juncture. "Good grief."

The bios and theme songs are coming momentarily

Both are ACCEPTED.

I like them. They seem like a good duo.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Would you like me to set up a discord for the RP?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm taking a great deal of liberties in making slang for the Demon Hunter culture... would you like to hear some?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Danceria wrote:I'm taking a great deal of liberties in making slang for the Demon Hunter culture... would you like to hear some?

That would be kinda cool actually. I keep meaning to put some stuff in that OP for terminology, so that would be much appreciated.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:50 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Danceria wrote:I'm taking a great deal of liberties in making slang for the Demon Hunter culture... would you like to hear some?

That would be kinda cool actually. I keep meaning to put some stuff in that OP for terminology, so that would be much appreciated.

- Yok-talker (pronounced Yawk-talker or Yoke-talker): Someone who is versed or charismatic enough to persuade a variety of Yokai to his bidding, or at least, resolve conflicts peacably. Ex. "Hey, what's the differnece between a Yok-talker and a Futakuchi-onna?"
"I dunno, what?"
"One has two mouths, and doesn't say a word. The other has one mouth and says twice as much!"
*Laughs in Japanese*

Bijin-ness: A derogatory insinuation of someone frequenting a house of ill repute. Either to be a patron of the...activity or engage in it.
"Wow, Tanaka keeps going to the Red Light district. Guess his bijin-ness is booming, eh?"
"I dunno, last I checked I saw a kimono stuffed under his shirt."
[beat]
"...Times are tough for all Hunters."

Based off of the term "Bijin-ga" which means, "beautiful people". It could also be called "Bishy-business" off of the term Bishounen, an androgynously attractive young male.

Pachinko/Pachinky: Usually a con-man, or someone of sleazy repute. Those who are of Hispanic origin both are called "Pachinko Villas" if they are sleazy or to describe those who are.
"Oye! Carlos! Ya hear about the bastard downtown? Apparently he's struck a deal with the local Oni, moving into houses that he's cleared out in order to keep him in business and near town."
"Pachico bastardo*!"
*This is also a pun off of "chico" meaning boy in Spanish. One could also say he's acting "Pachinky" or say "That's plain pachinko" whenever someone is faced with a sleazy deal. Overseas, Asian gangs based off of Yokai hunting are called "Pachinks" as a racial derogative. There are entire albums of hardcore Gangsta Rap dedicated to lambasting the whole business as an attack on "gang culture". Example will not be posted here, for I fear the Mods.

Based off of the Japanese "Pachinko" slot machine

Bishe-bueno: Usually a response from American hunters whenever something's going well.
"Hey Carlos!"
"Wassup Neil?"
"I've got this contract, and it pays big."
"Bishe-bueno!, it's from Miss Madoka, right~?"

Daimyo: Another term, synonymous with "Dynamite" or "Dynamic".
Example:
"Daimyo! We've hit the big one!"

Santy-Sammy: Someone from the Caribbean Islands who is a Demon Hunter. Usually incorporating aspects of Afro-American religion such as Obeah, Voodoo, Candomblé, ect.
Based off of the Santería religion.

More will be updated soon...I've even come up with a few Spanish-Japanese hybrid words since Japanese Yokai are the only monsters that exist.
Last edited by Danceria on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Danceria wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

- Yok-talker (pronounced Yawk-talker or Yoke-talker): Someone who is versed or charismatic enough to persuade a variety of Yokai to his bidding, or at least, resolve conflicts peacably. Ex. "Hey, what's the differnece between a Yok-talker and a Futakuchi-onna?"
"I dunno, what?"
"One has two mouths, and doesn't say a word. The other has one mouth and says twice as much!"
*Laughs in Japanese*

Bijin-ness: A derogatory insinuation of someone frequenting a house of ill repute. Either to be a patron of the...activity or engage in it.
"Wow, Tanaka keeps going to the Red Light district. Guess his bijin-ness is booming, eh?"
"I dunno, last I checked I saw a kimono stuffed under his shirt."
[beat]
"...Times are tough for all Hunters."

Based off of the term "Bijin-ga" which means, "beautiful people". It could also be called "Bishy-business" off of the term Bishounen, an androgynously attractive young male.

Pachinko/Pachinky: Usually a con-man, or someone of sleazy repute. Those who are of Hispanic origin both are called "Pachinko Villas" if they are sleazy or to describe those who are.
"Oye! Carlos! Ya hear about the bastard downtown? Apparently he's struck a deal with the local Oni, moving into houses that he's cleared out in order to keep him in business and near town."
"Pachico bastardo*!"
*This is also a pun off of "chico" meaning boy in Spanish. One could also say he's acting "Pachinky" or say "That's plain pachinko" whenever someone is faced with a sleazy deal. Overseas, Asian gangs based off of Yokai hunting are called "Pachinks" as a racial derogative. There are entire albums of hardcore Gangsta Rap dedicated to lambasting the whole business as an attack on "gang culture". Example will not be posted here, for I fear the Mods.

Based off of the Japanese "Pachinko" slot machine

Bishe-bueno: Usually a response from American hunters whenever something's going well.
"Hey Carlos!"
"Wassup Neil?"
"I've got this contract, and it pays big."
"Bishe-bueno!, it's from Miss Madoka, right~?"

Daimyo: Another term, synonymous with "Dynamite" or "Dynamic".
Example:
"Daimyo! We've hit the big one!"

Santy-Sammy: Someone from the Caribbean Islands who is a Demon Hunter. Usually incorporating aspects of Afro-American religion such as Obeah, Voodoo, Candomblé, ect.
Based off of the Santería religion.

More will be updated soon...I've even come up with a few Spanish-Japanese hybrid words since Japanese Yokai are the only monsters that exist.

Damn, these are really cool. Ill add them to the OP once I get a chance/stop being lazy.

Also, in relation to your last comment, Japanese Yokai are not the only Demons who exist, their just the only ones in Japan. After the Spirits came into our world, they generally disseminated to where they felt most comfortable culturally, just like humans. This made it so that in effect, all the creatures and spirits and demons who different cultures talk about are now real and running around where they would have been in legends. So for instance, Yokai are problems in Japan, in the Eastern US there are Jersey Devils running around, there are rumors of Baba Yaga tricking people in the siberian wilderness, and Draugr fiercely guard tombs in Norway. Essentially, its like all legends are true.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:32 pm

With this knowlwdge, shit is about to go wild...this means I won't have to be a big Weeb, just the fact that Japan has the most Yokai/biggest influence?
Obligatory Quotes below

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Danceria wrote:With this knowlwdge, shit is about to go wild...this means I won't have to be a big Weeb, just the fact that Japan has the most Yokai/biggest influence?

That's it exactly. There are all kinds of Demons, but in Japan most of them are Yokai. And, considering that Demons and Spirits first emerged in Japan, its where Hunters and the whole culture around Hunting started, giving it the most influence.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:01 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Danceria wrote:With this knowlwdge, shit is about to go wild...this means I won't have to be a big Weeb, just the fact that Japan has the most Yokai/biggest influence?

That's it exactly. There are all kinds of Demons, but in Japan most of them are Yokai. And, considering that Demons and Spirits first emerged in Japan, its where Hunters and the whole culture around Hunting started, giving it the most influence.

And thus, wherever there isn't much info on local cultures, it's most likely a Yokai? Because I've got some cheeky Syncretic strats...
Obligatory Quotes below

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Danceria wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

And thus, wherever there isn't much info on local cultures, it's most likely a Yokai? Because I've got some cheeky Syncretic strats...

Im not sure what you mean by that. But, I guess?

I think I need more explanation.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 pm

What I meant is that most spirits are Yokai, due to the culture of the Hunters being spread far and wide. Or are you saying that all legends are true and that one could bring an artifact or spirit of another pantheon/culture?
Obligatory Quotes below

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Username: Bla Ary

Tom Hartford

Whiskey Tom, The Texan Menace, or Bones

Beat the Devils tattoo-BRMC

General Information
Height: 5'11 1/2" (6 foot if he can hear you)
Weight: 160 lbs
Physical Features: Burns all over arms and upper body, and scars on his face.
Clothing/Accessories: Always in a white button down and tie, with the sleeves rolled. And a vest.
Psychological Evaluation
Personality: Bones is on the warmer side of the personality spectrum. Despite the name, hes widely considered the party animal (and alcoholic) of the group. He also annoys most, if not all other hunters to no end. Despite this, he can be tolerated for exceptional skills in combat.
Hopes/Dreams: Tom is far to shortsighted for Hope's or dreams. I suppose if he had one, it would probably be to get drunk (if he isn't already).
Fears: Tom's greatest fear is isolation. As per his bio, he craves interaction and the spotlight. Without attention he panics and makes unwise decisions.
Combat Mentality: Run and Gun. Bones philosophy for fighting is to shoot fast, run faster. While effective, Tom struggled with resource management and is much less armo efficient than other hunters.
Biography: Whiskey Tom was born in Nashville Tennessee. Tom came from a very wealthy family, but as such never saw either of his parents much. And his three sisters didnt pay him much mind either. Seeing as he was smart but not athletic or generally talented in any other way, Tom resorted to watching old western movies. He loved the idea of roving the world as a rogue gunslinger.
As time went on, Tom needed to plan for the future. His parents pressed hard for him to go to college, but Tom wanted to join the military. After months of arguing, Tom was informed due to some obscure medical condition he didnt even know existed he wouldn't be able to enlist. He agreed to go to college then, where he graduated in 3 years. After that, Tom just up and decided he wanted to become a demon hunter. So he made some silver bullets, bought the best guns he could find, and left for tokyo.
Now Tom is an up and coming star in the hunting world. There are stories circulating now of Whiskey Tom, Bones, The Texan Menace, and a variety of other nicknames that have been attributed to the guy with the two six shooters running around. He's even gotten himself a nice hat. At this point, Bones will respond to any of the names hes been given, though he holds particular admiration for "The Texan Menace." And now, for some wonderful quotes:

"If you're not busy shooting you'll get busy dying."

"I'm here to drink heavily and kill things. And it's just me and a bottle of Jack Daniel's in the room."

"Only difference between me and Clint Eastwood is almost everything."

"Pull up a chair, I'll tell you about the time I arm wrestled a rattlesnake."
Last edited by Bla Ary on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Danceria wrote:What I meant is that most spirits are Yokai, due to the culture of the Hunters being spread far and wide. Or are you saying that all legends are true and that one could bring an artifact or spirit of another pantheon/culture?

No, what Im saying is that all legends are true. So, when fighting Demons in Japan where the vast majority are Yokai, you could feasibly bring in a sword or artifact or some other such thing from another culture and pantheon. However, considering that the religions the birthed Yokai and demons from other cultures are different, you wont be able to fight Yokai with Christian or Muslim or Hindu artifacts. You would need Shinto/Buddhist/other Japanese artifacts. Its for that reason that most Hunters just resort to swords, clubs and guns, as they are effective all across the board when fighting Demons. A religious item may be more immediately effective, but its uses are far more limited.

When it comes to the subculture surrounding Hunters however, it is very Japanese inspired. This is because Japan has the oldest organised groups of Hunters, and so other groups and Guilds were imitating the first Hunters. That's also why Hunters in Tokyo are considered the best, because that's where the oldest Hunters are, since they were the first.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Danceria wrote:What I meant is that most spirits are Yokai, due to the culture of the Hunters being spread far and wide. Or are you saying that all legends are true and that one could bring an artifact or spirit of another pantheon/culture?

No, what Im saying is that all legends are true. So, when fighting Demons in Japan where the vast majority are Yokai, you could feasibly bring in a sword or artifact or some other such thing from another culture and pantheon. However, considering that the religions the birthed Yokai and demons from other cultures are different, you wont be able to fight Yokai with Christian or Muslim or Hindu artifacts. You would need Shinto/Buddhist/other Japanese artifacts. Its for that reason that most Hunters just resort to swords, clubs and guns, as they are effective all across the board when fighting Demons. A religious item may be more immediately effective, but its uses are far more limited.

When it comes to the subculture surrounding Hunters however, it is very Japanese inspired. This is because Japan has the oldest organised groups of Hunters, and so other groups and Guilds were imitating the first Hunters. That's also why Hunters in Tokyo are considered the best, because that's where the oldest Hunters are, since they were the first.

Hmm...this may throw a wrench in my Yokai-using fighter...
Obligatory Quotes below

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:07 am

Bla Ary wrote:

Tom Hartford

General Information
Clothing/Accessories: Always in a white button down and tie, with the sleeves rolled. And a vest.
Psychological Evaluation
Personality: Bones is on the warmer side of the personality spectrum. Despite the name, hes widely considered the party animal (and alcoholic) of the group. He also annoys most, if not all other hunters to no end. Despite this, he can be tolerated for exceptional skills in combat.
Hopes/Dreams: Tom is far to shortsighted for Hope's or dreams. I suppose if he had one, it would probably be to get drunk (if he isn't already).
Fears: Tom's greatest fear is isolation. As per his bio, he craves interaction and the spotlight. Without attention he panics and makes unwise decisions.
Combat Mentality: Run and Gun. Bones philosophy for fighting is to shoot fast, run faster. While effective, Tom struggled with resource management and is much less armo efficient than other hunters.
Biography: Whiskey Tom was born in Nashville Tennessee. Tom came from a very wealthy family, but as such never saw either of his parents much. And his three sisters didnt pay him much mind either. Seeing as he was smart but not athletic or generally talented in any other way, Tom resorted to watching old western movies. He loved the idea of roving the world as a rogue gunslinger.
As time went on, Tom needed to plan for the future. His parents pressed hard for him to go to college, but Tom wanted to join the military. After months of arguing, Tom was informed due to some obscure medical condition he didnt even know existed he wouldn't be able to enlist. He agreed to go to college then, where he graduated in 3 years. After that, Tom just up and decided he wanted to become a demon hunter. So he made some silver bullets, bought the best guns he could find, and left for tokyo.
Now Tom is an up and coming star in the hunting world. There are stories circulating now of Whiskey Tom, Bones, The Texan Menace, and a variety of other nicknames that have been attributed to the guy with the two six shooters running around. He's even gotten himself a nice hat. At this point, Bones will respond to any of the names hes been given, though he holds particular admiration for "The Texan Menace." And now, for some wonderful quotes:

"I'm here to drink heavily and kill things. And it's just me and a bottle of Jack Daniel's in the room."

I'm in love with this application.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:10 am

Danceria wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Hmm...this may throw a wrench in my Yokai-using fighter...

How so?

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:13 am

Bla Ary wrote:

Tom Hartford

General Information
Psychological Evaluation

ACCEPTED.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:snip

No comments? Probably smart, but I'm mildly dissapointed.
Last edited by Bla Ary on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse