NATION

PASSWORD

Mount and Blade Our Story [OOC/Interest]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scale the troop numbers up?

Keep normal levels of troop numbers from M&B
22%
Scale up the numbers into the thousands to be more realistic
78%

Total votes : 23

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:43 am

Revlona wrote:Should I scale recruiting up as well?

So when you get 7 recruits in the actual game you get 70 instead?

Or maybe do a 2-1 kinda thing

You get 10 recruits, multiply it by 5 I and that’s what you actually get

I think the recruiting thing actually works pretty well. Considering a village will rarely have more than a couple hundred souls, when you get recruits you’re really taking a good chunk of the adult mail population. I say it should be adjusted depending on where your recruiting from.

A Village should give no more than 10
And a City can give up to 100.
Of course mercenaries usually come in 5s or 10s

It should also be noted towns were usually built around castles, so you could probably score up to 15 or 20 from a castle if you want to do that.
Last edited by Duestchstien on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Revlona wrote:Should I scale recruiting up as well?

So when you get 7 recruits in the actual game you get 70 instead?

Or maybe do a 2-1 kinda thing

You get 10 recruits, multiply it by 5 I and that’s what you actually get

I think the recruiting thing actually works pretty well. Considering a village will rarely have more than a couple hundred souls, when you get recruits you’re really taking a good chunk of the adult mail population. I say it should be adjusted depending on where your recruiting from.

It should also be noted towns were usually built around castles, so you could probably score up to 15 or 20 from a castle if you want to do that.

So what your saying is allow recruiting from cities and castles as well?
Lover of doggos

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 am

Revlona wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:I think the recruiting thing actually works pretty well. Considering a village will rarely have more than a couple hundred souls, when you get recruits you’re really taking a good chunk of the adult mail population. I say it should be adjusted depending on where your recruiting from.

Yes, a lot of mods already do this, like AD1257, I think it’s a good idea since itll create a more realistic recruiting system.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Yes, a lot of mods already do this, like AD1257, I think it’s a good idea since itll create a more realistic recruiting system.

Sounds good to me
Lover of doggos

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:00 am

Name: Nick Alder
General Description or Picture:

Personal Banner (for when you get one if you don’t start with one):
Fathers Position: Farmer
Reason for adventuring: Wanderlust
Short Biography: Nick Alder was born to a poor family in a tiny village in the western part of the Nord Kingdom. His life was rather normal for a farm boy. He worked in the fields, with the animals, and played with the other boys in the village afterwards. However, this wasn't enough for Nick. Life wasn't nearly exciting enough and the routine too boring. He wrestled with the idea for a long time, but eventually he came to a conclusion: He had to leave. After breaking the news to his mother and father, he took what little money he had and headed out. Now, he finds himself in Kwynn, near the Nord capital, in search for work. With his money, he was able to purchase a sword, shield, and some light armor. He sees his whole life a head of him and is itching to see the world.
Goals: Strike it rich and make a name for himself.
Starting City: Kwynn
Style of fighting: Shield and sword.
Long Range weapon: None
Armor: Light armor
Anything Else: Nick is bit of a distant man, not forming bonds with people he recently met.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Name: Nick Alder
Personal Banner (for when you get one if you don’t start with one):
Fathers Position: Farmer
Reason for adventuring: Wanderlust
Short Biography: Nick Alder was born to a poor family in a tiny village in the western part of the Nord Kingdom. His life was rather normal for a farm boy. He worked in the fields, with the animals, and played with the other boys in the village afterwards. However, this wasn't enough for Nick. Life wasn't nearly exciting enough and the routine too boring. He wrestled with the idea for a long time, but eventually he came to a conclusion: He had to leave. After breaking the news to his mother and father, he took what little money he had and headed out. Now, he finds himself in Kwynn, near the Nord capital, in search for work. With his money, he was able to purchase a sword, shield, and some light armor. He sees his whole life a head of him and is itching to see the world.
Goals: Strike it rich and make a name for himself.
Starting City: Kwynn
Style of fighting: Shield and sword.
Long Range weapon: None
Armor: Light armor
Anything Else: Nick is bit of a distant man, not forming bonds with people he recently met.

Accepted
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 am

Can’t wait until we get to the massive battles with players on both sides

Battles could get into the tens of thousands of troops in total

Oh I can’t wait
Lover of doggos

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:16 am

Revlona wrote:Can’t wait until we get to the massive battles with players on both sides

Battles could get into the tens of thousands of troops in total

Oh I can’t wait

Oh dear.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:13 pm

So we have a swadian and a nord

What else do we got?
Lover of doggos

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm

There’s a lot of conversation, not a lot of apps. Hope this pans out. Seems like this will be fun.
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:There’s a lot of conversation, not a lot of apps. Hope this pans out. Seems like this will be fun.

Same
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Name: Oreg Ragnor
General Description or Picture: A young viking, slender with some overall tone, around 5"4 with blonde braids and have a long, yellow shirt with blue pants with leather boots, a studded leather belt around the shirt to hold it together.
Fathers Position (Lesser Noble, Poacher, etc):Hunter
Reason for adventuring (Wanderlust, Personal Revenge, etc): Riches, survival, and power, mostly survival
Short Biography: Son to a Nordic hunter who died during the latest wars against the various Kingdoms, Oreg had became orphaned after his father didn't make it back from a war and his mother had died from a sea raider attack. The sea raider leader adopted the kid and he became a sea raider throughout his life. As he learned how to be a raider and how to be a survivalist. However, Oreg had believed that the sea raider gang could be better under his rule and it could survive better. He wants to try and get back at the man that killed his family and become more than just a simple raider.

Goals: take over the gang he's in, burn and pillage and make a raider confederation as the seventh kingdom
Starting City (does not have to be a capital city): Some random coastal village
Style of fighting (Shield/Sword, Shield/Axe, Sword, Axe, Twohanded Sword, Twohanded Axe, Spear, etc): Shield/Axe
Long Range weapon (None, Crossbow, Bow, Throwing):Bow
Armor (lighter armor, medium, heavy):Medium
Anything Else: He's still looking for that horned helmet
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Ralnis wrote:Name: Oreg Ragnor
General Description or Picture: A young viking, slender with some overall tone, around 5"4 with blonde braids and have a long, yellow shirt with blue pants with leather boots, a studded leather belt around the shirt to hold it together.
Fathers Position (Lesser Noble, Poacher, etc):Hunter
Reason for adventuring (Wanderlust, Personal Revenge, etc): Riches, survival, and power, mostly survival
Short Biography: Son to a Nordic hunter who died during the latest wars against the various Kingdoms, Oreg had became orphaned after his father didn't make it back from a war and his mother had died from a sea raider attack. The sea raider leader adopted the kid and he became a sea raider throughout his life. As he learned how to be a raider and how to be a survivalist. However, Oreg had believed that the sea raider gang could be better under his rule and it could survive better. He wants to try and get back at the man that killed his family and become more than just a simple raider.

Goals: take over the gang he's in, burn and pillage and make a raider confederation as the seventh kingdom
Starting City (does not have to be a capital city): Some random coastal village
Style of fighting (Shield/Sword, Shield/Axe, Sword, Axe, Twohanded Sword, Twohanded Axe, Spear, etc): Shield/Axe
Long Range weapon (None, Crossbow, Bow, Throwing):Bow
Armor (lighter armor, medium, heavy):Medium
Anything Else: He's still looking for that horned helmet

Well I hope he can find his Horned helmet

Accepted
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:06 pm

How many more people do y’all think we need Apped before we start?
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm

I may make my guy shorter to emphasis he his dangerous despite his size. Like a sea raider Bruce Lee.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Ralnis wrote:I may make my guy shorter to emphasis he his dangerous despite his size. Like a sea raider Bruce Lee.

Now an image of Bruce Lee with chsinmail and a horned helmet is in my head
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm

cough

Lover of doggos

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Name: Yesugei Orin

Personal Banner:

Fathers Position: Lesser Noble
Reason for adventuring: Forced out
Short Biography: Born as the bastard child of a lesser noyan in the Khergit Khanate, Yesugei was never going to inherit anything from his father, so he simply honed his skills in the art of war as well as improving his marksmanship, becoming a notorious horseman in his father's retainer. However, while his skills were being praised, treachery was afoot. His half-brother, Ogodei, jealous of his skills, pinned the recent death of their father on him, it was all planned as they had an explosive falling out, though Ogodei was able to make himself the victim in the people's eyes. And so the young bastard was forced out of his clan, and when word arrived at the very top of the hierarchy, he was to be banished from Khergit lands, and to return was to face the chopping block. Now, this young man is at the edge of his known world, to go into a new world of opportunity.
Goals: Carve out a kingdom to call his own, and create himself a legacy to be remembered.
Starting City: Some random village on the edge of Khergit Territory
Style of fighting: Horse Archer what did you expect?
Long Range weapon: Bow, arrows, and a couple of throwing spears that also work as lances.
Armor: Light
Anything Else: Calradian Cannae or bust! Also has a few other horsemen on him that didn't believe Ogodei and followed him. Total party strength is 5 people including him.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:19 am

Name: Rhaviel Charrin

Personal Banner:
Fathers Position: Warrior
Reason for adventuring: Loss
Short Biography:
Rhaviel Charrin was the son of noted spear-warrior Ghanil Charrin, who toured around the Rhodok lands for many years, fighting in professional fights and earning money. However, Ghanil's main career was the protection of traders, a profession which instilled a very populist mindset in the young Rhaviel. Ghanil's band were travelling through the furthest Eastern reaches of the Rhodok Kingdom, on the border with the Sarranid Sultanate, when a Sarranid army mistook them for a hostile military force and attacked. It is said that Ghanil's men each took down ten Sarranids, while Ghanil himself felled a hundred men before he succumbed to his numerous wounds and the battle was lost. The young Rhaviel Charrin, formerly looked after by a wetnurse employed by his father who left once news of his death reached her, was forced into fending for himself in the wider world. He scrounged together enough money through pickpocketing, however, to purchase a decent education, and became a student in Veluca, learning philosophy, poetry, as well as honing his own fighting abilities. It was at the university that he gained his distaste for nobility and their reckless abandon of peasant lives. Once graduating, he set off from Veluca, promising to continue his father's work.
Goals: Protect the downtrodden, work against injustice.
Starting City: Veluca
Style of fighting: Spear, sometimes spear and shield.
Long Range weapon: Crossbow
Armor: Medium
Anything Else: Rhaviel, if given the chance, would fight nobles too. While he is not overtly hostile to them at the present, he most definitely will not tolerate them if they prove to be ineffectual or oppressive, or even simply disregard the lives of their own men. His loyalty is to the people, that's it.
Last edited by Tasuirin on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Name: Yesugei Orin
Personal Banner:
Fathers Position: Lesser Noble
Reason for adventuring: Forced out
Short Biography: Born as the bastard child of a lesser noyan in the Khergit Khanate, Yesugei was never going to inherit anything from his father, so he simply honed his skills in the art of war as well as improving his marksmanship, becoming a notorious horseman in his father's retainer. However, while his skills were being praised, treachery was afoot. His half-brother, Ogodei, jealous of his skills, pinned the recent death of their father on him, it was all planned as they had an explosive falling out, though Ogodei was able to make himself the victim in the people's eyes. And so the young bastard was forced out of his clan, and when word arrived at the very top of the hierarchy, he was to be banished from Khergit lands, and to return was to face the chopping block. Now, this young man is at the edge of his known world, to go into a new world of opportunity.
Goals: Carve out a kingdom to call his own, and create himself a legacy to be remembered.
Starting City: Some random village on the edge of Khergit Territory
Style of fighting: Horse Archer what did you expect?
Long Range weapon: Bow, arrows, and a couple of throwing spears that also work as lances.
Armor: Light
Anything Else: Calradian Cannae or bust! Also has a few other horsemen on him that didn't believe Ogodei and followed him. Total party strength is 5 people including him.

Accepted

Tasuirin wrote:Name: Rhaviel Charrin
General Description or Picture: (I'm away from my M&B gaming computer at the moment, but I'll put in a picture when I am there. Probably best to have M&B characters, amirite?)
Personal Banner: (Again, will do when I have access to a PC)
Fathers Position: Warrior
Reason for adventuring: Loss
Short Biography:
Rhaviel Charrin was the son of noted spear-warrior Ghanil Charrin, who toured around the Rhodok lands for many years, fighting in professional fights and earning money. However, Ghanil's main career was the protection of traders, a profession which instilled a very populist mindset in the young Rhaviel. Ghanil's band were travelling through the furthest Eastern reaches of the Rhodok Kingdom, on the border with the Sarranid Sultanate, when a Sarranid army mistook them for a hostile military force and attacked. It is said that Ghanil's men each took down ten Sarranids, while Ghanil himself felled a hundred men before he succumbed to his numerous wounds and the battle was lost. The young Rhaviel Charrin, formerly looked after by a wetnurse employed by his father who left once news of his death reached her, was forced into fending for himself in the wider world. He scrounged together enough money through pickpocketing, however, to purchase a decent education, and became a student in Veluca, learning philosophy, poetry, as well as honing his own fighting abilities. It was at the university that he gained his distaste for nobility and their reckless abandon of peasant lives. Once graduating, he set off from Veluca, promising to continue his father's work.
Goals: Protect the downtrodden, work against injustice.
Starting City: Veluca
Style of fighting: Spear, sometimes spear and shield.
Long Range weapon: Crossbow
Armor: Medium
Anything Else: Rhaviel, if given the chance, would fight nobles too. While he is not overtly hostile to them at the present, he most definitely will not tolerate them if they prove to be ineffectual or oppressive, or even simply disregard the lives of their own men. His loyalty is to the people, that's it.

Accepted
Lover of doggos

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 am

I’ll try and get a post up later today.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am

TAG! DEFINITE FECKING TAG! I have never, EVER seen an M&B RP, congrats to you!

So do we have to use equipment and units from the game or can we do custom?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:TAG! DEFINITE FECKING TAG! I have never, EVER seen an M&B RP, congrats to you!

So do we have to use equipment and units from the game or can we do custom?

Custom if you want

Nothing to ridiculous
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 am

Updated the roster with the new apps and added factions
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Hoosier, things like recruiting are an action which I would normally role to see how successful you were in doing.

This time I’ll let it slide since it’s still early but I just wanted to let you know that I’d like you to let me determine how successful actions are in the future
Lover of doggos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse