NATION

PASSWORD

Vim: Tales from Lumina (Fantasy/Arcanepunk/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:24 am

Luminia- Ashwood Tower

The trip from the manor back to the city proper was luckily for the whole group was largely uneventful. There was a small incident when the steam carriage hit a drunken orc but since orcs have strong and durable bodies the orc manage to escape with little injuries, though the group had to wait for a few minutes for the driver to repair a wheel that was knocked loose from the carriage.

Now back in the penthouse Sibyl was wearing luxurious velvet robes that was a shade of dark blue as she sat on the couch enjoy lemon drop candies. Aria was now back in the dress she wore before changing to the dancer uniform, feeling glad to be wearing normal clothing. The blond elf and her daughter were watching as Morgaine was playing tug of war with Bones as he was pulling back on a chew toy in the shape of a snake while the young half elf tried to pull back, though with obvious great effort on her part.

Elizabeth was drawing something on the table. Those who saw them would find she was drawing strange symbols on the papers. "Those are interesting symbols you are drawing. Do they mean anything?" Aria asked Elizabeth. The little girl didn't look up as she replied with. "They are for magic. Mom said that doing rituals can help focus magical energy to do spells." she told the elf.

The elf was surprised somewhat that a human child was focus on magic this early. "I guess I shouldn't be too surprise the daughter of a famous witch would be a prodigy in magic. What can you do Lizzy?" she asked the girl. The little girl without looking back would say. "I can see dead people." the elf was silent for a moment. "Excuse me, what?"

Before Aria can get an answer from Elizabeth she would see that Alex come back wearing the same clothing the group saw her wearing back from the party with a wine glass on her hands. "Alright ladies, I will say that our mission was a surprising success. We had a few... "missteps" along the way, but for the most part no one was killed and we aren't locked up in someone's basement with our hands cuffed to a radiator. So that is a success on my book." she would take a sip from her wine. "So what did you all manage to learn while I kept the other party goers distracted?"
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 am

Ichiru - By Sparse Light

Hurrying through the cold, foreboding darkness of the night was not a pleasant sensation, but it was a thrilling one. As Ichiru guided his menagerie of captured villains toward his apartment, he realized several things. He lived quite far into the city, and once the criminals were in the hands of the law he would need to move. Moving will be a necessity, once they are out of my home...but that is for the future...now...I have to make sure they are somewhere safe...and since they could have friends waiting for them in prison...They’ll need special supervision...I’m not willing to trust anyone like Ms. Sibyl with such a task... he ruminated as he moved.

He had lit just enough light with his spiritual power for the criminals to see in front of them. Ichiru guided them from the front, and Everton from the back. The former was shivering. He wanted to be inside his apartment with food in his stomach, and hot tea in his cup. Yet even when he had the tea he wanted for his comfort, he would have no sleep waiting in his bed. With six criminals in his home, he would have to watch them, or find some way to sleep with his eyes open.

He led the motley crew around the outside, all the way to the back of the apartment building, and walked with them up to his room’s back door. Opening the door, he looked inside and sighed. Home, but not for long. “...Enter. You are not allowed in my bedroom, you are not allowed to go to the bathroom without someone standing outside the door, and if you try to go through a window you will be knocked unconscious. Now go inside, lie down, and be quiet. Tomorrow morning, we are going to find some way to dispose of you,” he ordered, the weariness radiating out of his voice. He turned and looked at Everton, giving him a gaze that said, “This is going to be a long night.”

Ichiru locked his bedroom as a precautionary measure, and he also hid any kitchenware high above the criminals. He locked the windows and covered them with bed-sheets, and he looked the front entrance. When he walked inside, he threw off his tux jacket and dumped it over the head of the couch. He then stood by the kitchen, and glared at the group. “...Any questions?...Or do I need to help the group of you fall asleep?...Everton will enforce the rules I set, before you ask. And I hope you will obey, if you care for your best interests,” he ordered.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Venusta Navi

The Inquisitor remained mostly silent since their departure for Moriquen's mansion as she mulled over everything that had happened in the course of the evening, and the mixed emotions that stemmed from it. She hoped that Ichiru and Everton made it out, as well, even though she doubted they would be stopped, but Venusta recognised that part of that hope was her desire to interrogate those cartel thugs herself, for the information, of course, and what they did to her pixie subordinate.

Venusta and Maria went up to Ashwood's penthouse with the rest of the group, and Venusta stayed quiet for the first exchange between the other members of the team until Alex asked about what they got out of the experience. She cleared her throat.

"Si," she announced. "Maria and I received some interesting information, connecting our friends to person trafficking," Venusta said with a grin as she produced the dossier.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Ichiru Love Shack

The mobsters looked around the residence that the albino cleric called home. "Your place is terrible." The man with the beak masked told Ichiru as he was forced into the apartment. Remy looked around. "I've been in worse. At least Death Tappers aren't infesting the place. I don't want my final moments in life experiencing what it's like to have Churning Rot. I already seen the aftermath of that mess and I don't want to be the next corpse to be covered in blood, vomit, and shit." He told everyone.

Maria looked at him with disgust along with the masked man while Mikami and Giovanni's reactions couldn't be seen. "You two ever saw one." He told the albino and rune caster. "They're ugly mother fuckers. Big ones too. They're really really big and quick too. Really hard to catch and kill them. The only way to know they are even around is the noise they make. But if you hear it chances are it's feeding on someone and they are most likely infected by the disease they all have."

Ashwood Penthouse

Sibyl had finished her lemon candies and moved onto a plate of lokum as she listened to first Alex and then Venusta talk. The half-elf absentmindedly rubbed her stomach as she did. She had eaten and drank far more than she anticipated this night, and her belly felt much more bloated than usual, and she hoped the sugary confections would help.

I need to seriously get back on my diet, the detective thought. Mom's right, I might have been enjoying myself a little too much. Sibyl's inner monologue was interrupted as the blonde Cadian finished up.

"The Cartel's have been trafficking?"

The matron began to rub her chin as she heard from the holy bombshell that the cartel was also trafficking people along with drugs. "Who have they been trafficking Venusta?" In her mind she was thinking of a few suspects.

Elves for their beauty; orcs for their strength, dwarves for their ingenuity, and halflings for things she stutter to say out loud. As Alex thoughts took a dark turn Aria frown as her mind went to the same direction as Alex.

"Anyway," Sibyl said as she finished chewing one of her desserts, "I think I scored bigtime. That man flirting with me was the Cartel boss himself, and I think I can get close to him."
Last edited by Naval Monte on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:44 pm

Iris Amcotts

Iris, for her part, remained utterly silent during the post mission debriefing. She was glad that Alex was safe, and relieved that she wouldn’t have to wear this god awful costume anymore. Beyond that, she self reflected. ‘Why in the hell made me to kiss him? That man definitely stuck his nose places he ought not to. I mean yeah he was cute, but he’s also liable to be a criminal.’ Iris noted to myself. From the outside, it seemed like the girl was either deep in thought, or staring off into space. Either way, never again.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Alaroma wrote:---

Elizabeth looked over at Iris as she was staring off into space. The little girl got up and grabbed a few pieces of papers before walking over to the mercenary. "Here." She told her as she hand over the papers to Iris. "My friends want you to have them."

Elizabeth would walk back to the table and resume with her drawing while Morgaine looked on while petting Bones. Should Iris look down at the drawings she would see childish drawings of herself and the other women in their embarrassing and scandalous clothing.

But as she moved the papers she would see a manor that looked eerily similar to the one she was in. The next drawings showed the others doing different activities in the party and one that was shocking for her was the drawing of her kissing a man, with tiny cartoon hearts floating around them with a very angry Alex watching from the corner.

However from the drawings she would see strange black blobs with red circles acting as eyes watching the events, some of the blobs being very close as they can be seen under the tables or in shadows they were close to, including within their own shadows. Some of the shadows Iris would see would have vaguely humanoid shapes as they moved around, a few looking like hooded figures and one stalking Iris looking like a cowboy.

Iris would see a drawing of the pixie being manhandled, the pixie crying while she was grabbed by an obsessed, snobbish, devil. She would see Everton as a grumpy old man and Ichiru in the party, and Sibyl sitting next to an elvan man eating, the drawing of Sibyl looking very happy as more cartoon hearts floated around her. Standing around the two was the hooded figures with another watching her mother who looked bored while a man with a cartoonishly wide mouth kept reciting "Blab Blab Blab".

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Ichiru Love Shack

The mobsters looked around the residence that the albino cleric called home. "Your place is terrible." The man with the beak masked told Ichiru as he was forced into the apartment. Remy looked around. "I've been in worse. At least Death Tappers aren't infesting the place. I don't want my final moments in life experiencing what it's like to have Churning Rot. I already seen the aftermath of that mess and I don't want to be the next corpse to be covered in blood, vomit, and shit." He told everyone.

Maria looked at him with disgust along with the masked man while Mikami and Giovanni's reactions couldn't be seen. "You two ever saw one." He told the albino and rune caster. "They're ugly mother fuckers. Big ones too. They're really really big and quick too. Really hard to catch and kill them. The only way to know they are even around is the noise they make. But if you hear it chances are it's feeding on someone and they are most likely infected by the disease they all have."

Ashwood Penthouse

Sibyl had finished her lemon candies and moved onto a plate of lokum as she listened to first Alex and then Venusta talk. The half-elf absentmindedly rubbed her stomach as she did. She had eaten and drank far more than she anticipated this night, and her belly felt much more bloated than usual, and she hoped the sugary confections would help.

I need to seriously get back on my diet, the detective thought. Mom's right, I might have been enjoying myself a little too much. Sibyl's inner monologue was interrupted as the blonde Cadian finished up.

"The Cartel's have been trafficking?"

The matron began to rub her chin as she heard from the holy bombshell that the cartel was also trafficking people along with drugs. "Who have they been trafficking Venusta?" In her mind she was thinking of a few suspects.

Elves for their beauty; orcs for their strength, dwarves for their ingenuity, and halflings for things she stutter to say out loud. As Alex thoughts took a dark turn Aria frown as her mind went to the same direction as Alex.

"Anyway," Sibyl said as she finished chewing one of her desserts, "I think I scored bigtime. That man flirting with me was the Cartel boss himself, and I think I can get close to him."

Ichiru - Sleeping With The Enemy

"I apologize, I've only been in this city for a couple of days, and have not had much time to buy decent furniture," Ichiru muttered, as the masked man commented about his apartment. Sure, it was bare and only had the most necessary amenities, but he did not know how long he would be staying in Lumina. Buying furniture just to leave it behind seemed impractical. He did not even know if he would have this apartment when he awakened in the morning. He decided to sit in a kitchen chair in the room, as the couch would cause him to relax, and he was not quite ready to sleep, even if his body was begging to sleep.

"...Death Tappers?" Great, another threat I have not been told about. I suppose I'm just expected to know my enemies after walking into them and being almost killed by them, he thought with dismay. 'Churning Rot' did not invoke a pleasant image, either. A stomach full of maggots, decaying flesh, the smell of death seeping from a person's mouth as they groaned a last breath...he had seen that image once, and wished never to see it again. Unfortunately, in a city like this, I'm sure if I just walk into any random alley I'll find a poor person with worms crawling in and out of his wasting body, he lamented. He tried to blink away the pictures that flashed in his mind, but he knew that the dead person rotting in an alley could become him at any moment, and so he had to remain aware.

Looking to the man who was describing the creatures, Ichiru shook his head. "No, I have never seen one. Though if it is as you say, invisible, then I suppose I would rather not encounter one. I can illuminate plenty with my abilities. I do not know if such creatures are afraid of light, though given they are avatars of rot and disease they must be." Even if he did not trust these people in his apartment, he would rather hear the information from them than understand the Death Tappers' weaknesses just as he encountered them eating another person. "Though I should ask then, before all of us rest and then move in the morning, can they enter this apartment, and is there anything I can do to keep them out?"
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:---

Remy smirked. "Oh? Interested in hearing me out now? I take it you are afraid of bugs eh?" The man began to laugh. The masked men looked annoyed at him. "But for them getting in. Well they can get in by the usual manners that all bugs can get into a building, save for flying because they can't do that. But they can climb up walls and jump really far." He told Ichiru.

"You see they are like fleas in that regard. Hell, they look almost like them too. But those guys are usually found in less developed parts of the world. But since the Churning Rot is a useful assassination tool some people smuggle them into more developed parts and hold them in either boxes, testtubes, or canes to use them to kill people."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 am

Naval Monte wrote:
Luminesa wrote:---

Remy smirked. "Oh? Interested in hearing me out now? I take it you are afraid of bugs eh?" The man began to laugh. The masked men looked annoyed at him. "But for them getting in. Well they can get in by the usual manners that all bugs can get into a building, save for flying because they can't do that. But they can climb up walls and jump really far." He told Ichiru.

"You see they are like fleas in that regard. Hell, they look almost like them too. But those guys are usually found in less developed parts of the world. But since the Churning Rot is a useful assassination tool some people smuggle them into more developed parts and hold them in either boxes, testtubes, or canes to use them to kill people."

Ichiru - Biological Warfare

Ignoring Remy's comment about his sudden spike in concern, Ichiru listened to his explanation of the bugs' mechanisms of invasion. They were elusive, insidious little beings, capable of crawling into a building like roaches and filling it with disease. They were like fleas, which meant they could ride clothes, personal items, and other people in order to enter a building. Once they were in, they could spread what was not too unfamiliar from a plague. He groaned as he rubbed his temples. Such a vicious threat was the last thing he wanted to endured after such a busy night.

"...At the very least...they are not common in this region...I suppose any sort of consolation is something to grasp," he muttered grimly. "...I'm going to see about making tea...and I'm going to think about this...Yes, I do have tea, I suppose I can offer some in exchange for you not destroying my apartment or slitting my throat in the night...I hope you like black tea." He put teapot on the stove and let the tea boil to life, giving the apartment a much more pleasant aroma. He was glad he had not gotten drunk, as he could appreciate the spicy, relaxing scent of black tea.

"...Since you have mentioned it...do you know any assassins whom you believe might be carrying such a weapon?...Or are they too discreet for us to notice?"
-Alan Jackson

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Daniel's factory
"Hey Jonah, I'm going to go out for a while, why don't you wait in the clinic until I get back? You have that new book to read, right?" Jules smiled at Jonah and gathered up some of her belongings in a bag. "Of course, it should also be fine if you move to the hallway. I don't think there would be a problem with that."

"Okay....." Jonah slowly grabbed a copy of the Warlock of Fuzz, everyone's favorite populist propoganda novel. "When are you going to be back?"

"In about an hour."

"What are you going to do? Can I come?"

"Maybe not."

"Why not?"

"I just got to pick up some supplies. You'd just get bored at the pharmacy." Jules explained to him. "And your education is important, especially since reading time is scarce now, we need to grab it as soon as possible." She gave him a small smile and a gentle headpat, heading out the door.

Once Jules walked out onto the street, she let out a sigh. "I really gotta stop doing this."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Mrasestu “Maria” Lhikriidaan
Debrief

Mrasestu had maintained a rather grim expression during the return to Ashwood tower. On occasion, she’d wheeze up a bit more of the soot she’d inhaled from flying through the chimneys, but mostly otherwise remained quiet. She nodded along as Venusta explained what they’d found to the others, but said very little beyond excusing herself for a yawn at one point. When Sibyl mentioned that she’d been flirting with a cartel boss, Maria sighed and looked over to Venusta.

“One quick question, for the sake of my training,” she asked, “Should I let people molest me if I think they’ll give me information or should I just lure them into a dark room and kill them for being pedophiles?”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Venusta Navi

The Cadian Inquisitor looked over at the drawing Liz drew and remarked with some interest the depiction of their little adventure. Venusta turned her attention to the small child and remembered that Ashwood had some degree of magical proficiency, and wasn't at all shocked that her daughter might have inherited some from the avoirdupois magnate.

In any event, Venusta looked over at Iris who seemed lost in her own world. She opened her mouth to comment, but then Maria on the matter of seduction versus killing.

"Quod inescas, tunc jugulas," she said hurriedly in her native tongue before giving the others a smile.
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:12 am

Ichiru's Love Shack

"I can promise that I won't do that." he pointed at the masked men. "But i can't say the same for me." the one man with the plague doctor mask would look at him. "Slitting people's throats in their sleep is something you would do you theft. I have some honor in me. If I wanted to kill him I would have the decency of waking him up so he would know what is happening."

As Remy and the other man began to argue with each other it was Giovanni who spoke. "No. Or should I say, I can't say with certain who would have them. The very nature of these creatures makes it hard to determine would have them since even witch doctors, animal handlers, and vengeful doctors can use them, not just assassins. At least if we are assuming someone is using them as a weapon."

Alex's Love Palace

Elizabeth looked up at Venusta as she waited to see what she thought of her drawings. As the woman showed interest at the drawings she gave her a small smile. "Do you like them? My friends made sure to tell me everything that was happening with you and mommy." she told her. Alex looked over at her daughter as she explained that her friends followed them, a look of concern flashing on her face for a moment until she realize that Sibyl was looking at her, returning her trademark Ashwood grin.

"So now that we have everything we have gathered our next bet is to have Sibyl date this elf and get him to tell us more about his cartel while we work on getting more information by our means." Alex would clasp her hands together. "I think I can help Sibyl here by providing her some wonderful clothing and perfumes for her dates, maybe even some jewelry to go along with it."

Sibyl didn't object to it the deal. "So long as you aren't going to make me wear something ridiculous I will put on whatever you have." she heard the older Ashwood say excellent as she walked out to fetch some clothing that she believe would work for Sibyl. Meanwhile Elizabeth tilt her head slightly as though she heard something from the direction her ear was facing. "My friends said they can make the bad man who hurt your friend disappear if you want them to do that?" she asked, unaware of how the message sounded like to the blond and pixie.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Ichiru's Love Shack

"I can promise that I won't do that." he pointed at the masked men. "But i can't say the same for me." the one man with the plague doctor mask would look at him. "Slitting people's throats in their sleep is something you would do you theft. I have some honor in me. If I wanted to kill him I would have the decency of waking him up so he would know what is happening."

As Remy and the other man began to argue with each other it was Giovanni who spoke. "No. Or should I say, I can't say with certain who would have them. The very nature of these creatures makes it hard to determine would have them since even witch doctors, animal handlers, and vengeful doctors can use them, not just assassins. At least if we are assuming someone is using them as a weapon."

Alex's Love Palace

Elizabeth looked up at Venusta as she waited to see what she thought of her drawings. As the woman showed interest at the drawings she gave her a small smile. "Do you like them? My friends made sure to tell me everything that was happening with you and mommy." she told her. Alex looked over at her daughter as she explained that her friends followed them, a look of concern flashing on her face for a moment until she realize that Sibyl was looking at her, returning her trademark Ashwood grin.

"So now that we have everything we have gathered our next bet is to have Sibyl date this elf and get him to tell us more about his cartel while we work on getting more information by our means." Alex would clasp her hands together. "I think I can help Sibyl here by providing her some wonderful clothing and perfumes for her dates, maybe even some jewelry to go along with it."

Sibyl didn't object to it the deal. "So long as you aren't going to make me wear something ridiculous I will put on whatever you have." she heard the older Ashwood say excellent as she walked out to fetch some clothing that she believe would work for Sibyl. Meanwhile Elizabeth tilt her head slightly as though she heard something from the direction her ear was facing. "My friends said they can make the bad man who hurt your friend disappear if you want them to do that?" she asked, unaware of how the message sounded like to the blond and pixie.

Ichiru - Tea Vapors and Mirrors

The bickering among the men did not help Ichiru's already-battered nerves. He stared at the pot on the stove as it cooked, and focused on the peaceful scent of the tea floating in the air. Fresh with a bit of citrus, it made his mind float to somewhere far away, just for a few moments. He remembered how his father would make tea, in a place far more comfortable than this abominable city. The house was always quiet, except when the rare company came to call. Children would run around playing and giggling outside the house. Ichiru, always one to prefer the contemplative quiet, would instead help his father with cutting and crushing herbs for medicines. No wonder I have no social skills...but I wouldn't have traded that time...Ahh...but I can't ask for that back, can I...It is much easier to get curses these days than miracles...

One voice rose above the group, Giovanni, and he seemed to silence some of the angry talk. The white-haired cleric was grateful for the buzzing to stop, and he turned to give the speaker his respect. Unfortunately, he could not give a good answer about who was using those awful bugs, though now Ichiru could assume that probably none of the men or Maria had brought them. They were all about as subtle as bears splashing in a river looking for salmon. "...Well...at least that means that...this night will probably not include us being given a terminal illness from a pestilence...though if locusts came in a swarm through this city I honestly would not be surprised..." he muttered.

The tea finished brewing, and he poured several small cups, one for each person. "Please do not spill it. I will not have much time for cleaning tonight or tomorrow. I also do not have the energy. Put them in the sink when you are done, and then please sleep. Tomorrow is another day of...uncertainty. And for your own sakes, if you value your sanity and my own, do not attempt to slit my throat in my sleep. I will wake-up, and you will be dead by daylight," he further instructed, though he had a feeling he was repeating himself. He handed each person a tea-cup, including Everton. He gave his companion a kind, weary smile, as if to say, Thank God you're here, at least, and he walked to sit in the corner by himself.
-Alan Jackson

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:07 pm

"Maybe. Using Death Tappers is a tactic used in impoverish regions of the world. Why rely on a bug to do you work when there are better means of assassination?" Giovanni explained. "Also a shaman tried the swarm of locust once and he failed. Not only was the city's mages able to divert the swarm away but the shaman in question couldn't control the swarm so they turned on him and the village he was trying to protect from being claimed by the city."

The plague doctor said as he was given a cup of tea. The others look down at the tea. "You expect us to drink think and pretend that you didn't poison it or slip in drugs to knock us out?" Maria said, skeptical to the Ajinese intention with him sharing the tea.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Naval Monte wrote:"Maybe. Using Death Tappers is a tactic used in impoverish regions of the world. Why rely on a bug to do you work when there are better means of assassination?" Giovanni explained. "Also a shaman tried the swarm of locust once and he failed. Not only was the city's mages able to divert the swarm away but the shaman in question couldn't control the swarm so they turned on him and the village he was trying to protect from being claimed by the city."

The plague doctor said as he was given a cup of tea. The others look down at the tea. "You expect us to drink think and pretend that you didn't poison it or slip in drugs to knock us out?" Maria said, skeptical to the Ajinese intention with him sharing the tea.

Ichiru - Too Tired For The World

"I've been in this city for less than three days, I've had this apartment for the same amount of time, Almost everyone I've met here I've either despised, ignored, or avoided for my own health's sake, and the only reason I have the group of you in my apartment is because this case is more complicated than I realized. I don't know any drug-dealers, I don't know or care for anyone in higher ranks, I have exactly one person I know in this entire city and it's the man guarding the other door. Pray tell me where I would actually manage to find poison. Because if you do know where I could find a bottle of cyanide, for instance, I would gladly take the poison myself right now and be done with the group of you." Ichiru spoke slowly and with his teeth just barely grit, his exhaustion and frustration seeping into the air. If Maria was looking to get on his nerves, she had succeeded. Perhaps he was wrong for expecting this group of hardened criminals to drink the tea given to them like a group of thankful children.

He took a deep breath and sipped his own cup of tea, trying momentarily to gather himself. He did not want a fight in his own house. He was outnumbered, tired, and dreading a long, sleepless night. At least the warm, citrusy drink seemed to console him for a few moments. "...Ahhhh...there we go..." he mumbled, before he turned to the plague doctor. "...Hmmm...well then, perhaps that shaman should have tried making a river of blood instead of a swarm of locusts. Or perhaps he could surround the city in blackness. Ah, wait, there's probably already a river of blood in this city, and it's already dark with sin. Hm. I suppose the old plagues have to go as well, then," he continued to mutter dryly as he stared down at his cup of tea. "...If they wanted to impoverish areas of the world, however, I think they've succeeded. This apartment is rather drafty, and I can't exactly afford decorations at the moment."
-Alan Jackson

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Iris Amcotts

Iris took a knee next to Elizabeth as she came over to her, leveling with the girl. “Your friends? How kind of them.” Iris said, a little puzzled, as she received the papers that Liz wanted to share. The papers put into Iris’s gloved hand, Liz would go back to drawing. Her eyes trailing from the girl to the papers.

Iris’s dark skin grew hot as she saw what the child had drawn. As Iris had feared, the girl had apparently gotten a good look at what they were wearing. ‘What good role models, we are.’ Iris thought sarcastically, but it didn’t stop there. No, the pictures got weirder.

The first one was the scene of her kissing a man, that reminded Iris of a certain someone from the party. In the corner, Alex with a less than pleasant face was revealed. Not terribly off from what happened at three party. Question is, how would Elizabeth know about that sort of thing. It was odd, but it got odder still.

The next drawings went to show strange black blobs, all over the room. Strange figures stalking them. The Pixie getting strangled. Events that mimicked the party in ways that shouldn’t really be possible for her to do. But here she had done it. Iris slowly stood up off her knew, her face growing to one of concern. She slowly walked over to Elizabeth, before asking the girl “Elizabeth, what inspired these drawings of yours? They are very familiar.”
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Venusta Navi

The Cadian stayed quiet for a while, as the plan was decided on to let Sibyl date the cartel boss for a little while, which could prove to their advantage in the long term. Iris, Venusta noticed, had moved and was now asking Lizzie about the content of her drawing, and Maria was fluttering nearby, no doubt contemplating Elizabeth's own cryptic words, as the girl's mother went off to find clothes suitable for the detective to wear.

Venusta clapped her hands.

"Tutto ok," she announced, as she hoped to get everyone's attention. "Mia sorella shall date the cartel boss for now, and in that time, we can work on any contacts to procure a warrant? Does signorina Ashwood have connexions with judges or la polizia? I fear without those it might be impossible, and even then, it might take a few weeks to happen."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:55 am

Ashwood Tower

Elizabeth would stop drawing when Iris asked her what inspired her to make the drawings. "My friends did. I told them to watch mummy while she was out and they told me what happened while she was out." on the table Iris would see a picture of a cartoon style Sibyl being very happy eating different foods while sitting next to another elf.

On the table was a small black dog like creature with an impossibly wide maw open as it stood on its hind legs, wagging it's whip-like tail as it's many red eyes stared at the food the half elf was eating.

When Venusta got everyone's attention to share the plan the detective and little witch both listen to it. "I can use some of my connection to the local police to help. Maybe they can get a judge to side with us." Sibyl told the Cadian. Elizabeth would wave her hand up, standing on the tips of her feet, all to get Venusta attention.

"Mummy knows a few judges. They talk complicated and boring stuff. If you want to bore the bad man with them I can ask mummy to get them to help you." Elizabeth told the group. In her mind she didn't understand why they would need those old men. Most of them were boring to be around. How can they help put away bad people?

Alex would return back, carrying several clothing around her arms. "What did I miss girls?" the matron asked as she looked around. "Venny wants you to get those boring old men to help you put away the boss of the bad men." Elizabeth explained. Alex looked confused by what her daughter meant. "She is hoping you have connection to some judge that can help us put away the Cartel boss." Sibyl explained.

That explanation seems to work as Alex's eyes light up. "Ohhh. I know of a few judges. I meet them a few times and they are familiar with me. I can try to get one I know more to help us out." Sibyl was glad to hear the news. "Now all we need to do is pretty you up my dear." And just like that Sibyl's good mood faded.

"I rather not wear anything to excessive." Alex shook her head. "Nonsense. You need to look your best if you want to wow our prep into spilling his secrets. So starting tomorrow I will be your personal fashionista and makeup artists. I will make sure that when you go out on your date will be leaving here looking like a princess."

Alex beamed a proud smile at the declaration while Sibyl looked unsure on what prospect of being prettied up like a doll after the embarrassing choices she had to go through to be invited into the party.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:58 am

Mrasestu “Maria” Lhikriidaan
Ashwood Tower

Maria flashed her superior a dark little smirk at her response to her question, as if to say I shall take immense joy in doing so. Her expression soon became grave once more. When she saw what looked to be a picture of herself being strangled, her lips further curled into a more outwardly nervous expression. She sucked in her bottom lip and bit down a bit as she looked the picture up and down a few times, and then at the girl who drew it. If it was a magical premonition, she was uncomfortable with it. Frankly, she was also uncomfortable with the draft that the schoolgirl getup was giving her at this point, but there was enough going on that she wasn’t going to be afforded a change of clothes at the moment. Rather than asking any of the numerous questions that floated through her mind, Maria resolved to fly a bit lower to the ground so as to put less room between her underskirt and the floor, and to bite her tongue regarding the rather concerning pictures and instead enjoy the passivity her apprenticeship sometimes allowed.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Luminesa wrote:Ichiru - Too Tired For The World

"I've been in this city for less than three days, I've had this apartment for the same amount of time, Almost everyone I've met here I've either despised, ignored, or avoided for my own health's sake, and the only reason I have the group of you in my apartment is because this case is more complicated than I realized. I don't know any drug-dealers, I don't know or care for anyone in higher ranks, I have exactly one person I know in this entire city and it's the man guarding the other door. Pray tell me where I would actually manage to find poison. Because if you do know where I could find a bottle of cyanide, for instance, I would gladly take the poison myself right now and be done with the group of you." Ichiru spoke slowly and with his teeth just barely grit, his exhaustion and frustration seeping into the air. If Maria was looking to get on his nerves, she had succeeded. Perhaps he was wrong for expecting this group of hardened criminals to drink the tea given to them like a group of thankful children.

He took a deep breath and sipped his own cup of tea, trying momentarily to gather himself. He did not want a fight in his own house. He was outnumbered, tired, and dreading a long, sleepless night. At least the warm, citrusy drink seemed to console him for a few moments. "...Ahhhh...there we go..." he mumbled, before he turned to the plague doctor. "...Hmmm...well then, perhaps that shaman should have tried making a river of blood instead of a swarm of locusts. Or perhaps he could surround the city in blackness. Ah, wait, there's probably already a river of blood in this city, and it's already dark with sin. Hm. I suppose the old plagues have to go as well, then," he continued to mutter dryly as he stared down at his cup of tea. "...If they wanted to impoverish areas of the world, however, I think they've succeeded. This apartment is rather drafty, and I can't exactly afford decorations at the moment."

"Har har." Maria responded back. "Perhaps you should have become a comedian Anjin. Maybe you would live in a better apartment instead of this hovel." she threw her head back as she looked up at the ceiling. "As for a river of blood and plunging the city into darkness? Both have happened. The river of blood is better than the river of alchemical pollution. The river of blood didn't produce wild magic and mutates."

Maria would look back at the white hair main. "As for where you can find poisons well you can find them anywhere close by your local alchemy factory or doctor shop. Because if you screw up with those sort of products you might as well be selling poison to people."

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Venusta Navi

The veteran Inquisitor clapped her hands as Ashwood confirmed that she could get some judges and other powerful and important figures to help them get the warrants necessary to investigate and arrest the cartel boos, but of course, that would take, and Venusta didn't feel like waiting around, even if it was decided Sibyl was going to use the opportunity to shadow this Moriquen for them.

At least we'll be able to keep an eye on him, she thought as she stood up and gestured for Maria to follow her.

"In that case," the Cadian began, "We can, how you say, meet up again later. I shall return to see my sorelle in the morning, but in the meantime, I do have another appuntamento." The beautiful blonde gave the others a curtsey as she began to make her way out of the room, confident that her apprentice was floating behind her. As she took the elevator down to the ground floor, Venusta thought about Ichiru and the people the foreigner was holding in his apartment.

She turned to Maria.

"Amicus novus noster videbimus," she told the pixie as she hailed a taxi to take them to Ichiru's safehouse.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Ichiru - Expecting the Inquisition?

"Become a comedian? I suppose we are all already comedians for being involved in this...strange farce...Though as far as money goes, I definitely would not be making more money...I would be living on the streets for about five years before I could buy an apartment. And I'd rather have this hovel than nothing..." Ichiru shot back, his sarcasm becoming sourer as time ticked along. Maria did make an interesting comment about "wild magic" and "mutations", however. He had never seen Magic cause physical mutations, though he knew well that it could hold spiritual ramifications in the wrong hands. He squinted his eyes, and continued to sip his tea.

He remained in his chair for a few moments, but his nervous energy forced him to stand and walk. He hated how he could almost hear his muscles creaking in his legs as he stood. He walked to peer out the window, and he could not shake the sensation that something dreadful was coming. Maybe one of those rot-creatures, or something worse. He thought he could see something coming from down the street. Some vehicle, which then parked outside of his apartment. He looked closely, trying to get a glimpse of who was in the vehicle.

"...Oh lovely..." He murmured to himself, as he pulled away from the window and looked at the people in the room. He had seen a blonde woman in that vehicle, just moments after he had seen that lady at Ashwood's party. Her silhouette looked familiar enough, and now he could not drink away the knot forming in his stomach. Venusta was coming to his apartment?...Perhaps she did want to interrogate the criminals at his place, but he could not help but feel that was unsafe. Maybe she'll let me take a nap while she interrogates...provided she doesn't torture them and get blood all over my carpet... he thought.
-Alan Jackson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse