NATION

PASSWORD

Vim: Tales from Lumina (Fantasy/Arcanepunk/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 am

When Jonah offered to join them Elizabeth looked at him, secretly glad that he helped her dodge the question about her homeland. "Your a lot older than us." the young heiress said to him, unsure if he should join them due to his age. "He should come with us. He has these cool spells that he showed me before where he made this wonderful light show." Morgaine chimed in as she came to Jonah's aid.

Her words seem to peek the girl's curiosity. "I guess he can come if you think he is fun to be around." she told him. The young girl looked at Konrad. "I suggest you better watch yourself you creep. Otherwise you will be thrown out like that other guy." she warned him as she gave the vampire a heated glare. She only been around him for a few minutes but what she gathered from him from that short time made her dislike him greatly.

The flies watched Everton and Venusta, two flying down to them. When they land on their shoulders and the two would hear Sibyl's voice appear in their mind as the half elf gave the summons some magical capabilities and enough intelligence to act autonomously. In this occasion they were delivering a message. "There you are. Right now I need either the both of you or just one of you to distract Ashwood so the rest of us can search through her suite. I already have other familiars sent out to gather information on the building. I will admit that I wasn't thinking of bring my daughter over but I realize that Ashwood would most certainly have hers involved. If we can't get any information from the mother than maybe the daughter would be more comfortable to share some useful information if she was surrounded by people of her age group? It's a gamble but it is one I'm willing to take."

The flies told the two as other flies would be buzzing around in the living room with a few buzzing in other areas in the suite. The rats under the table were getting ready to leave but right now only one quickly sprinted out from the tables and dove to another table to hide from the guests. The rodent would wait for the oppurntine time to sprint to it's next cover and repeat this until it found the right location to run around freely where no one can see it.

The flies would speak again. "I would also keep my eye out on the maids and butlers, I suspect that they are guards in disguise. Worse I don't think they are entirely normal either, they might be Dolls or familiars in disguised. Don't do anything that would catch their attention. Also stay alert for mercenaries because I got a tip that some of them are acting as guards."
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Fri May 10, 2019 10:42 am

Iris Amcotts

'Adorable?’ Timothy thought, as the older half elf addressed them first. He liked to think of himself as ruggedly handsome, but he suppose adorable worked too. Her addressing herself as ‘Sibyl’, to which Timothy nodded cordially, saying “Nice to meet you Miss Sibyl.” Now, to be completely honest, he had never heard that name before. Certainly not in Alba, but it couldn't be helped. Then Morgaine introduced herself, lending him to say “Nice to meet you Morgaine.” She then complemented the color of his hair, which he would accept. He supposed they didn’t meet a lot of redheads.

After that, it appeared to have dawned on Morgaine that Elizabeth might be the daughter of Alex, leading her to ask. As well as about magic. This excited Timothy, figuring out that apparently Elizabeth could do magic. This also slightly dejected him, considering he had apparently no aptitude for it. Not like his sister, which he found unfortunate. “Well, at least you can do magic. That’s really cool, Elizabeth! I wish I could, like my sister, but I can’t do magic.” He told her, trying to be encouraging.

Of course she went on to describe how she practiced magic, and the occasional times she did it on her lonesome. Or when they interchanged with her studies. He knew all about studies, but less so about magic. Then apparently Morgaine could practice magic as well, leading him to give view her with a measure of respect too, though perhaps it wasn’t so shocking considering she part half elfish. Then there was the pseudo-banter between her and her mother, which he found interesting to watch.

Finally Elizabeth announced her intentions for them to go off to play to Miss Sibyl, to which she pushed back a little, wondering what their parents would think. ‘Parents can’t care, if they aren’t’ here, now can they?’ he thought cheekly to himself, and he already practically got Iris’s blessing, so what was their to contemplate? After some intense puppy eyes for the older woman to relent, she conceded and allowed her to join their party. Given that she tell them their whereabouts. Seemed fair.

Meanwhile Iris looked at the Orc, chuckling slightly. “I wouldn’t have taken this little task from you if I wasn’t aware of the ramifications of one of us fucking up. That’s why I’m watching them. Not a hair on their little heads will be touched. So don’t worry about them, they’re safe under my eye.” she said before patting his shoulder one more time, before turning around and continuing her watch of the children. As it turns out, she got some really weird auras coming from the people around them, with those half elves, and the others at the table. She might be overthinking it, but something didn’t strike her right.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm

The two girls and older half elf all looked at Timothy when he told them that he had no magical aptitude or potential whatsoever. The more they looked at him they saw the pale nimbus cloud of energy that contain the splashes of color that were representation of his emotions. They saw his disappoint and sorrow of his lack of magic as dark blue with blacken edges, his desires for such powers being purple and green for envy. They saw splashes of yellow to show his joy, orange to show is bold and cheeky attitude.

Yet as they saw through the splashes of colors they saw swirls of purple intersected with blue and silver, they saw magic itself within his aura. Yet what made it odd was that they senses two magics within him, one felt right with him which meant it was his but the other felt foreign. This was an odd thing as neither saw something like this before. Sibyl's detective instincts were telling her to unravel the mystery presented to her but before she can say anything Elizabeth spoke.

"You know never, maybe you can do magic? I heard some people are late bloomer when it comes to magic. My mom said she was rather late in her development with magic and studied hard to make up for lost times." That tidbit was fascinating to hear. It was something Sibyl filed away as possible useful information to be remembered for later.

With Morgaine going with them she at least knew that she would get some clues on what is going on with Timothy through her. As Elizabeth told her which directions to go in the hall and which door lead to her room the half elf nodded. "Alright. Thank you for that. Now you kids have fun and don't cause too much trouble." The two girls smiled and promised they won't. Morgaine got off her chair and walked up to them. "So what do you have that we can play with." Elizabeth look at the top of her rabbits head as she began to play with it's ears. "I'm not sure what to start with."

Morgaine patted her on the back. "Don't worry about that. We'll figure out something once we see what you have." The pat surprised her but Elizabeth gave her a smile and nodded. As Elizabeth looked at Sibyl she gave her a bow. "It was nice meeting you Sibyl." The half elf smiled. "Likewise."

The orc looked at Iris as she told him that she would watch the kids. "If you feel confident than I'll let you babysit." his eyes went to them as they kept talking with Sibyl. "The little heiress seems comfortable around that half elf? She is usually nervous around other adults that she doesn't know. I guess the fact she has other kids with her and that woman being a mother is helping her stay at ease." The orc wasn't much of a spellcaster so he didn't sense any auras coming from the group. For him the only use of magic he has was in the tools he had on him.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Alex nodded in agreement with Ichuri. "True, my old home town had to change with the times because some of the neighboring towns and villages that refused to adapt were declining, some being outright abandoned." She look sadden when she was reminded of her old home town. Ichuri might think it was odd for her to be saddened as her town was still around from her claim. Could she perhaps miss the town she spent most of her childhood in?

Her thoughts return back to the present when he mention the golden rule. "Well I wasn't always where I am now and unlike some people I haven't let the wealth and power get into my head and toss aside my empathy and compassion for more. I can still get more money without compromising my integrity." She of course told him a white lie. She was willing to compromise on minor areas but major parts of her integrity is where she drew the line.

When Ichiri mention that he won't use Vim for magic Alex and Silvia gave him confused looks. "I don't know what they told you about magic in your village but modern magic uses Vim. Not using Vim is not using magic. But this city is proof of its positive uses. My house uses many devices powered by Vim." She told him. "You never knew that until now?" The woman was now suspicious but also curious on this mysterious man. He was an oddity that she wish to understand, she felt that doing so will yield interesting results.

At the table Sibyl, Morgaine, and Elizabeth watch as the man was dragged away after causing a scene. "So that was your mom huh?" Elizabeth nodded at Morgaine's question. "She would have punched anyone who tried to hit her. One time she electrocuted a man for trying to punch her." Sibyl gulped in fear as she realize that she would have to be careful around Ashwood.

"Your maid took out a giant blade from her arm. How did she do that?" Sibyl heard her daughter ask. "Silvia is a Doll." Morgaine looked puzzle at the answer. Sibyl was too until she recall something. "Dolls are like automatons but they don't look like them and most act like us." Morgaine seem fascinated by the new information. "Robots that act like us? That sounds like something from some of my stories. I didn't know they were real!" Elizabeth would join in. "My mom's company makes them. She told me she was inspired by the dolls back in our home land. But the dolls there were different to the ones we have in here."

Sibyl was intrigued by what Elizabeth. "Tell me what is your home land?" Elizabeth stayed quiet when asked about her homeland. Underneath the table Sibyl's familiars were almost finish, at least the rats were almost finish. The flies were done and they immediately flew out as soon as they can fly. The flying familiars flew around to either spy at the various partygoers or fo explore the house and search through the various rooms.

“I suppose then your own town did not survive that industrialization either. It is an unfortunate circumstance, and one that happens all too often. We do not always change, and even if time stops for us, it never stops for the world we want to keep around us...” Ichiru answered, understanding the pain and longing in her voice to be genuine. Perhaps she did have a heart that hurt and pulled in her chest. She mentioned that she had not allowed her wealth to overshadow her compassion and good-will, and for a moment, he wanted to believe her. He wanted to hope that she was truly good, despite being surrounded by cruel and cold people, in a cruel and cold world.

Her attitude changed toward him as she heard that he would not use Vim. She now thought he was being foolish, and that his abilities would not truly be Magic without Vim. She almost seemed indignant, even, that he still was skeptical of its uses and abilities. He thought that she would understand his own suspicions, but he had to remember that even if their statuses as outsiders were similar, he would always be more of an outsider simply because of his age. He decided to give her the information that was the key to his mystery, figuring she could not do anything with the information beside show some shock.

“...I believe our divide comes from the fact that...I am much older than you. You see, I am a thousand years old. Vim did not exist in my world, as I lived. I learned that Magic came from the spirits, or that my powers might not even be Magic at all, as you say...they may very well be a manifestation of a god. My world was one that is derided in the modern world as superstitious, ignorant, and dark...but the reality is far different...And it is not something you could merely understand from an explanation...You and I are indeed eons apart, Ms. Ashwood...” He felt a strange power over her, as he explained that he was practically an immortal. He held in his self something she could never comprehend or experiment, unless she wished to destroy herself. He kept himself from adding to his statement, however, knowing all too well that pride was a poison which could lead to his own downfall.

He was surprised, however, to hear that Silvia was actually a Doll, and not a human. Her entire body was an animatronic of some sort. She existed as a sort of weapon for Ashwood to use, to unsheathe any time someone stepped out of line, in or out her presence. He now understand why her own aura was so inhuman-she was not human at all. Yet now he wondered how much of her will was her own. Was she her own self, or a marionette? He did not know whether or not to ask the question, as he risked sounding rather rude and condescending.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri May 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Party
Jonah had followed the rest of the kids as they headed to Liz's room to play. "You finna have magic, dude." Jonah looked at Timothy. "You probably do. I felt something funny when you felt bad. It's fine, my talent only surfaced about a year ago."

As Liz said she didn't know what to play, Jonah sat down. "I have an idea, I know a game called dice against society-oh wait, you children are too young for that. How about we play a simple game of musical chairs, if we have enough cushions or chairs, and something to play music with." He suggested, not wanting the little girl to be upset.

Konrad, meanwhile, was vidibly cringing at how Liz addressed him. "Oof, normally I wouldn't care, but having a kid insult me like this is pretty depressing...." He said to Sybil, not that he was expecting her to answer.

Does she know what I am?

Jules attempted to slip into one of the hallways to explore the mansion further, in case she would find anything.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sat May 11, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Venusta

Venusta moved to open her mouth, but as she did two flies descended and spoke to the pair of party guests in Blackwood's voice and informed them of her plan to have Venusta and Everton distract Ashwood whilst the others infiltrated the suites. The Inquisitor sighed and gave an exaggerated shrug.

"It appears that your skills in conversation are needed, mi domine," Venusta told him in High Cadian. "Our zaftig host needs some distracting, although the other guests and the wine have been doing a fine job of that so far. Shall we?"

Venusta sauntered over to the banquet table where Ashwood seemed in conversation with another man in Eastern garment who Venusta did not recognise. Their conversation seemed to be drawing to a close and it seemed like a good opportunity for them to introduce themselves.

"Le chiedo perdono," Venusta began with a slight curtsy. "We have not had the opportunity to meet. My name is Venusta, and if you could not guess from my accent I am from Cadia. My husband," she said, gesturing to Everton. "Is an Alban textile manufacturer. We wanted to thank you for having us, Singora Ashwood."
Last edited by Britanania on Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat May 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Iris Amcotts

Timothy shook his head, finding the idea rather absurd. Not because he didn't want it. He wanted badly, but his sister was pretty clear on the diagnosis. No magic. And he spent so much of his life trying to make magic, to get anything! However he came up with nothing, so maybe he just accepted it. The fact he was destined to not have magic. He didn't know what to feel, but to be frank it was massive amounts of frustration. No one he could blame besides himself. Destiny is a interesting thing, and though he was young, he resigned himself to that. “I don't know Elizabeth, my sister is special. My mum and dad don't have magic, not sure why I would. Not that I need it, I'll get by just fine without it.” He said, trying to keep his expectations low, and seem positive about his lot in life at the same time.

After making their goodbyes to the adults, Timothy, Elizabeth, Morgaine, and Jonah mad their way to Elizabeth's room. They began talks of what exactly they were going to do, and the first idea was toys. Now toys were usually a good idea, but keeping in mind Elizabeth was a girl, his expectations for toys weren't extraordinarily high. Though he had to see her room first, which was fine by him.

When Jonah was about to make a suggestion for a game, but immediatly retracted citing the most irritating reason of them all. “You children are too young for that.” He stuck his tongue out in retort. “You sound like Iris.” Now to be fair to Iris, when she went to go out do things, half the time it was literally too dangerous for children. When he brought up magical chairs, he said “That's not a bad idea. I have another. It's a game called Spoons!” He said, popping up besides Jonah. “We'd need a deck or cards, and spoons. Maybe a table and chairs too. You have to get 4 cards in a row, before taking a spoon. When one person goes after one, everyone does. There's a limited number of spoons, so if you're too slow to get one, you're out.” He explained, in his sort of way.

"Then again, something like hide and seek might be fun here. Place seems pretty spacious if you ask me." He said, halfway thinking out loud. "Jonah, how old are you anyway? I'm 8 and a half."

Meanwhile Iris was watching the group as the children departed. Sighing, she used a spell to form her “third eye” in her palm, which would discreetly follow Timothy to gather information, and monitor them. They now had two more, but they were both children. Nothing to really worry about, but couldn't be too careful. Then she another member of the group depart, as she watched her attempt to slip into the hallways. However, it was not unnoticed. That was enough for Iris to get suspicious. “You saw that right?” She asked the Orc. “I got divination magic on the kids, but that chick doesn't rub be the right way. I'm going to check in on her. You keep an eye on that Group, though it could just be me being overactive. However I might have a little chat with that lady.” She said to the Orc, before following Jules. Tracking was something she's done, and tracking discreetly while masking her presence was also something she's done using meta magic. So, she'd let the woman do whatever she intended to do. If it was innocent, all was good. If it was malicious in intent, then there would be problems.
Last edited by Alaroma on Sat May 11, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Party
Jules snooped around the hallway, looking for any traces of cocaine or marijuana, much like a sniffer dog. Well, she technically was a sniffer dog. Heh.

"Well I haven't caught anything. I don't think Alexandra's guilty here. If she was messin' with drugs, I'd wiff em out in a heartbeat." The doctor decided to head deeper into the hallway. Maybe she just hadn't covered enough area.

"Ms. Yamada" Jules turned around to see four men behind her. Party guests who wandered off, she thought, but how did they know her name?

"We're friends of Jonah's." The smallest man came out from the group, smiling at Jules warmly. "He's spoken so much about you. Do you know where he is? I've been wanting to say hello to him but I haven't seen him around."

"Ohhh, he..." Jules started to tell them Jonah's location, but felt something off. "I have no idea. That boy, that Jonah, haha, what a little rascal he always runs off. If you'll excuse me, I need to get some more food." She tried to push her way past them, but was grabbed by her wrist.

"Dr. Yamada, it's rude to leave us hanging-"

"Let me go!" Jules attempted to force the man to let go, causing the other men to call forth manticore-like beasts which walked out of the shadows around her.

"We know what you know, Dr. Yamada, and while we're not going to kill you as an important informant, we are willing to leave you with less digits than normal. Tell us where he is." He snarled.

"No!" As the moon rose behind the window, Jules's arm turned hairy and her teeth started to morph into fangs. It looked like Jules was going to have to fight them off with her werewolf powers, until she felt Wolfsbane being forced into her mouth. The doctor immediatel tried to cough it up but couldn't help swallowing a few leaves. Her vision went blurry as she lost footing, falling on her knees. Jules bent over as severe cramps assaulted her stomach...

"Listen Dr., it would be a shame for the world to lose a professional like you, so I'm really hoping you'd be willing to save your skin now and speak up."

He was only greeted by a well-aimed stream of vomit hitting him in the face. The man shrieked as his grip on Jules's wrist loosened and she bolted past his companions, stumbling towards the party room.

"Get her!" The other three men commanded their summoned beasts. The creatures gave chase.

Liz's Room
"I'm 12." Jonah smiled at Tim's question. "Yeah, I'm a bit old but I play all the time with younger siblings, so it's not weird for me." He explained to the younger boy.

"By the way, spoons sounds kind of complicated. Mind explaining it to us?" He asked Tim.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sun May 12, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 pm

The orc looked at the group. "Sure I'll keep on them. I don't see the woman as much of a threat but I'll stay alert encase they do something." The orc told Iris before she departed to track down Jules. The orc walked over to to a table where drinks were set and while serving himself some ale kept his eyes on Sibyl as she got up and began to walk away from the table.

The half elf wish to go to another area in the house but her eyes caught the fact she was being watched by the orc. Right now she needed to throw off his suspension before she can do anything. The rats and flies on the mean time where doing her job for her along with Morgaine who followed Elizabeth to her room.

Morgaine look at the dark yet elegant hallway and when they reach the room she saw Elizabeth's room. The half elf looked around at awe at both the aesthetic and space. "This room is huge. You have this all to yourself?" Elizabeth shook her head. "Not really, I share this room sometimes." Before Morgaine can ask who she shares the room with Timothy suggested on playing spoons.

"I never played that before but I'm willing to try it." Morgaine turn to Elizabeth. "You got any cards we can use?" The young girl nodded. "I'll go find them now." As Elizabeth walk to a drawer next to a bookshelf. As Elizabeth search through the cabinets Morgaine looked around the room with the drawer and bookshelf being the first to catch her eye.

Morgaine walk up to the bookshelf and room out a random book. Flipping through it she read a few chapters of the book. The story was about a lady inheriting her uncles estate after his sudden dealt and the lady encountering otherworldly happenings as the estate was haunted. As the story went to gruesome details on the specter haunting the manor Morgaine slammed the book closed and placed it back where she found it.

The young half elf looked unnerved by what she read, her nerves being more unsettled when she saw not one but several skulls on the book shelf. "Are... are they fakes?" The half elf asked nervously. Elizabeth was taking out the box of a board game from the cabinet as she look at Morgaine. "No. They're real." As Elizabeth went back to looking for a box of cards she didn't see Morgaine losing more color on her face. The young girl look through the selections.

She skip past books she felt had horror stories and skip a few other books like those dealing with history and magic  because she wish to find a story she would like and make her calm down. She saw a book for an alchemy set and ignored it like the windup dolls and tried to pretend the skulls are nonexistent.

With Morgaine looked the books Jonah and Timothy would see models of different things from trains, steam carriages, boats, and airships in the room along with animal plushie and windup clockwork dolls, some having some rather unnerving qualities as they look closely human but don't, making them look off. The two would see a record player and on a table a cylindrical glass container that had branches, leaves, and flowers were butterflies with different color wings fluttered about within. There were papers close to the containers and reading them it seems Elizabeth was studying the butterflies ever sense they were catapillers.

The group would see that on the drawer there was a lamp along with a few books, skulls, and a broken telegraph with its parts scattered around it. From the tools on the table it was clear that either Elizabeth broke it and was trying to fix it or she disassembled it and was trying to see how it works with the hope that she can manage to fix it again.

In the meantime Morgaine found a green book and looking at the title she found that it was a collection of fairy tales, she open the book and  began to read a random story within it. As she read the story of a little girl wandering an enchanted woods she can feel herself starting to feel better. When she got to the part where the little girl was talking to an owl she read on how the owl questioned why children always get lost in the woods and imagine they are talking go animals, that part confused Morgaine greatly. Why was the character in the story making a reference to other stories like this and say it isn't talking even though it is?

As she read on she read how the owl flew down and tears off the little girl's face off and flew back to it's best to eat it. Morgaine stood still as her eyes were stuck on that passage, wondering if what she just read was real. Morgaine closed the book and looked at the title to see that the author were two orks. "Therismillian fairy tales are very different from the ones in Alba huh?" Morgaine looked at Elizabeth as she held a box of cards, giving her a smile. "Did you like them?" Her smile widen. "I think the fairy tales from Therismilla are better. They tell different stores from Albas. Sometimes I feel like some Alban fairytales are repeats of others." She explained.

Before Morgaine can say anything a loud Bark was heard, starling her as she scream loudly in fear. Turning around she saw a large dog with white fluffy fur emerge from the closet. Elizabeth looked at the dog with joy. "Sorry for waking you up Bones. I'm just finding some cards for my new friends." She turn to the group. "Guys this is my dog Bones." She introduced the others to her dog. The dog was wagging its tail and its mouth was wide open, almost like he was giving them a smile. The dog barked again as he walked closer to the group, to Morgaine in particular.

The half elf was slightly intimidated by the dog's large size but the more she saw how it seem happy she found her fears slowly fading as she reach up and pet the dog. The dog moved his hand closer to her hand to show that he liked it. "Aww you're a good boy aren't you." She said as her fear finally went away. As Morgaine was preoccupied with petting Bones the heiress would walk to Timothy and give him the cards. "Are we going to bet on anything or no? Because whenever my mom plays with the other adults they always bet on stuff. Usually money."

Speaking of the gambling single mother Alex would shake her head. "No it survived that change though it was a struggle for it to adapt. It's just I have reasons on to why I can never go back there. But your words do ring true as I know a few people who fit those words quite well." She stated as she ordered another drink from an passing waitress. When the drink arrived and she got it that was when Ichuri decided to share that he was not only much older than Alex but came from a time when Old Magic was still dominate in Anjin. Ichuri was lucky the waitress left before he gold her that because as he suspect Alex was surprise by what he told her.

"Hehehe. Hey now, you're pulling my leg right? You're not that old right?" She said, from her tone it was obvious that she was having a hard time believing him yet she wasn't outright saying he was lying. If anything she seem unsure how fo react to his story. "Okay. Assuming your telling the truth and you come from a time before the Vim Revolution why feel the need to share me that? More importantly how are you still alive and who else knows about this?"

Before Alex can get any answers to her questions she would hear a new voice. Turning around she woukd see a tall and beautiful woman standing before her. While slightly miffed at the poor timing on Venusta coming over to talk with her Akex didn't show her annoyance as she gave her a smile. "I know that accent was familiar. Your country is a beautiful place just as you ma'am. A shame the Pontifical State had to make things difficult when my company wanted to make offices and factories in there." She said to Venusta befire giving her a slight crusty as well.

"I hope you two are enjoying yourselves and aren't too put off by that spectacle that occured eariler. I assure you that doesn't happen as often and that man won't ever come back here." She look at Everton. "So you work at textiles? Mind telling me what is your company's name sir?" She look at Venusta. "Do you have a job as well ma'am and is it just you two or did you bring in friends or other family members with you?" She asked as she beganto drink her glass.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 am

Iris Amcotts

Iris coyly followed Jules to wherever the hell she was going, making sure she didn't draw her attention just yet. Before she was able to catch up to them, Jules came bolting down the hallway, in a rather frantic manner. Grabbing her by the arm, and forcing her to a stop, she said “I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you a fe-” but before she could finish, she heard heavy thudding down the hallway, before seeing 3 manticore rushing down towards them. She pushed Jules behind her. Half to get her out of her way, half to protect her.

“Ah shit, here we go again.” A whirling blade of wind formed in Iris hand, before she flung it ay one of the Manticore. Her first response. A momentary sound of horror before the beasts head was lopped off by her wind scythe. Then came out the shotgun, forming handlily in her hands. Aiming down her sight, she sighed before “BANG!” A loud, booming, commanding sound came out from the shotgun, ringing throughout the penthouse. It was slightly disorienting for those particularly close, but it wasn't going to be ignored by anyone. And it was unmistakably clear it was a gunshot. Then went down into the ground, screaming in agony as it's insides and out began to disintegrate. Those screams also heard well enough. Then the second shot rang out, penetrating into the final manticore as it flew into the ground, adding it's voice to the agony it's brother was shreiking out. The first eventually fell silent, along with the last one.

Not quite done with her crusade, she grabbed the shirt of Jules by the collar, pulling her close while putting the business end of her shotgun into her stomach. “Now listen her love, did you summon those Manticore?!” Her shotgun went further into her stomach, the threat of one trigger pull all too real. “Or did someone else!? And why were you snooping around, huh?! Answer me!” She demanded, a rather irritated Iris now coming out, her eyes a glowing hot red. The sight of the eroding carcasss of two Manticores, and the body of one, detached from it's head, leaking blood marred the hallways once prestige filled look.

Meanwhile with Timothy,he talked with Jonah. 'Yeah, just need a deck or cards.” When they entered the room, it was magnificent. “Black. I like it.” He said, as he began looking around. He was personally attracted to the toys, which had things like the train, or the dolls. “Are they fake?” Morgaine asked. “What's fake?” He asked, before he saw the skulls. “No. They're real.” Elizabeth would reply. “Oh, sweet.” He said, going to expect the skulls. “I wonder how they died.” He thought out loud, before looking at the book shelf.

He soon found himself drawn to the deconstructed dolls, examining them and the dolls. “Dolls can be really crazy realistic.” He noted, reminded of what his father said about them. Daniel apparently didn't like them, and thought they were wildly creepy. Iris didn't mind them, and had even worked with some before. Timothy wasn't sure what to think exactly, but it couldn't be helped.

A while later, he heard a hard and a scream in fear. 'The hell?’ he thought to himself, before looking over, seeing quite the magnificent dog, and and a terrified Morgaine. “A dog!” Timothy said excitedly, walking excitedly over. He probably should have exercised more caution before petting the strange dog, but he got a positive response from the dog, so saw no reason to be afraid. Elizabeth appologized to the dog, citing trying to find those cards Timothy wanted. “Nice to meet you bones.” He said, after the little introduction to the group.

Seeing Morgaines intimidation, he said “Don't worry Morgaine, he's just a big lovable fur ball. He doesn't seem bad.” He said in an attempt to be encouraging. Seeing the dogs demeanor, along with his encouragement. Eventually, she was praising the dog, to which he agreed. “Yeah Bones, you're such a good boy, right?” He asked in a playful voice. Finally Elizabeth came over, and gave him the cards. When she brought up Gambling, he shook his head. “I don't really have anything to bet on. Besides, my mum isn't fond of Gambling. Neither is Iris. They'd have my hide. With money at least, what about ca-” “BANG!” A gunshot rang out through the halls, and into the room. A horrid scream followed. It wasn't just any gun. It sounded like Iris's shotgun. “Iris?” Timothy asked out of confusion. Was that her shooting? Another one, “BANG!” rang throughout the room, more horrid screaming. It was definitely not human. At this point, Timothy was sure. “Iris!” He said, worry and confusion flooding his face as he ran out the room, looking for his sister.
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Party
Jules let out a little squeak when the shotgun was pointed at her stomach, followed by a strem of vomit covering the gun. She was still feeling the effects of Wolfsbane inside her.

"I-I d-d-didn't do anything....those guys...." She pointed behind Iris, but surprisingly, she didn't see anyone. "I swear, they were just here....they summoned the manticores and....chased me...." Jules had to take a minute to catch her breath. So the men didn't come. They might have figured security had come on their tail and escaped. This would just make her look more suspicious now....

All she could do was hope Iris would believe her story.

Meanwhile, Jonah was slightly put off by the macabre imagery in Liz's room. Not scared, just put off. However, he did pat Morgaine's head reassuredly.

"It's alright, I know it can be a little gruesome but nothing here's going to hurt you" he smiled at her.

To his delight, Liz had a huge white fluffy dog that was kind of like Jules in her wolf state. As Bones approached the group, Jonah happily petted the canine and rubbed his head. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You are, you are" he chuckled. However, just as he was starting to enjoy the dog's company, he heard the gunshot ring out.

"Timothy wait!" Jonah ran after the boy out of the room in case Timothy was heading into a dangerous situation. "You two, stay!" He told Morgaine and Liz.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun May 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Ichiru waited for his questions to be answered, when suddenly two other individuals came to speak to Ashwood. He did not give a sigh of annoyance, but rather stood and listened quietly to their conversation. One of the guests was a tall, beautiful woman, a classic blonde with blue eyes and a stout, hourglass figure. She was dressed in a long black dress, plain enough to make her unassuming, but classy enough to give her the air of a celebrity or a socialite. While she was not quite Ichiru's type, he found himself blushing as he looked at her, and he lowered his eyes to avoid seeming rude. While she was nobody he recognized, her aura was...almost similar to his own. Almost. She was younger, and unlikely to be immortal, thus her aura did not give the impression of a curse. He took a step back as she came to talk to Ashwood, and as she spoke, he turned and noticed her companion, the "merchant".

Everton did not look like anyone he would immediately recognize at a party. He had an inauspicious appearance, the same sort of suit that almost every other guest was wearing. His face was also nothing special, as he wore an uninterested, blank expression and stared straight toward Ashwood. Yet his Magical aura was...almost too familiar. Ichiru's eyes widened, as though he remembered something. He looked toward the man's cane as well, and memories from not too long ago flooded into his mind. He had seen this man before, but even more than that, he had associated with this man. Yet he could not remember his name. He lifted his eyes, and gave the man a brief moment of eye-contact, as though he was trying to quietly get his attention.

The encounter was interrupted when gunshots rang from somewhere in the penthouse. Ichiru's eyes widened, and his head jerked in the direction of the sound. He heard a roar as well, something inhumane and ferocious. Then another gunshot. Ichiru began to sweat, the sound was too close for comfort. He did not draw a counter-weapon, but rather looked around at the room. Other guests began to yelp, some tried to pull their drunk and sleeping companions off the couches and the floor. Some headed for the door, hoping to get away from the source of the violent sound. Ichiru thought about bolting, as he began to sweat and his hands shook. Yet he knew that he needed to stay calm for the sake of the people around him. He stepped further away from the group, and then took a few steps toward the door, as though he was preparing to do something. ...A split second...That's all it takes to die...That's all I need...to lose everything again...I won't lose everything again...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm

From the party the elf picked up strange noises coming from one of the room deep in the rooms but she ignored it for now. In the end that prove to be a poor decision as she heard a gunshot going off. The elf took out a falchion as she rushed through the crowd of panicked guests. The ork took his eyes from Sibyl and pulled out a large revolver. "I wanted some action and now I'm getting it. I should have been careful with my wish." He said as he follower the elf and two humans.

Sibyl was shock to hear the gunshots and just as she was beginning to snap out of her shock she was bombarded by everyone screaming as the mass of guests began to push towards the door. Sibyl tried to break free but she couldn't. More importantly she was trying not go trip as she knew that in the current state the mob was in they would trample her if she fell.

Her prediction was true as a few guests fell on the ground and as she feared most people were stepping on those on the floor as they tried to flee to the door. Sibyl would see the door getting closer. But just as the guests were going to open the door the ogre bodyguard open the door, his knuckles covered in blood. "What on Numina is going on?" He asked but was pushed back by the crowd as people flood to the door, causing the door to be blocked by the large mass of bodies.

The drunk who the orge was beating up was lying on the floor with his back on the floor. No one noticed him there and most would gladly leave him alone if it saved their lives. "Oi everyone get your heads out of your asses and try to form an orderly line!" The orge shouted. His command was ignored. Sibyl was almost at the door and the closer the door was the more space she lost. She was now pressed tightly against other people as more push forward to flee.

Alex saw the chaos that erupted and look at the two couple. "I'm so sorry that this happen but I need to bring back order before my guests kill each other." She apologize as she walked away. "Everyone calm down! Form an line so you all can get out in an efficient manner. There is no need to trample each other!" She yelled out. Yet her calls were ignored.

From the mass some of the guests, those who were drunk, began to throw fists as someone accidentally caused a fight. Erupting a spree of violence within the crowd as now more people try to get through the door to escape from the growing violence. Seeing that things were quickly spiralling out of control Alex placed both palms of her hands on her face as she shook her head.

Moving them away from her face she would turn her attention to Siliva who followed her. "Call the police to come here now Silvia. Get the other dolls to try and stop the fighting. They have my permission to restrain any guests that so much threatens violence on another." Soliva bowed. "Understood mistress." Silvia walked away from Alex as the woman tried to get everyone to calm down.

In Elizabeth's room the moment the gunshot was heard Bones began to bark loudly, spook by the noise as much as the kids. "Did a gun go off? Why did someone took out a gun in here?" Morgaine said as she held on tightly to Bones.

When Timothy ran out both Elizabeth and Morgaine tried to stop him but the ginger ran out before they can stop. When Jonah told them to stay while he went out Elizabeth looked at him with shock. "Absolutely not! I will not let you go out there to risk your life." She walked away and went to her bed. She knelt down and began to look for something under the bed. She would take out a bag and putting the strap over her shoulder she would return back to the group.

"Let the adults handle this and hope that his sister finds him before he gets hurt." The young girl told him with Morgaine nodding. The young girl held on to a bag that had z few amulets and potions. They were made by both her and her mother together encase of emergencies and this was the perfect time for their use. Now she was hoping that she won't have to use.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Iris Amcotts

“You, bitch!” She snarled, her fists tightening on her shirt due to her throwing up on her shotgun, she was closer to enacting retribution, but she let the woman speak. She began stuttering, saying that other men did it, and began pointing behind her to reveal……. nothing. "I swear, they were just here....they summoned the manticores and....chased me...." Iris looked at her with disgust, saying “Do you think I'm fucking stupid? Is that what this?” She took a look over her, then did a reevaluation, and to be frank the woman looked like she was in a rather pathetic state. Seeing the Elf coming towards her, with the Orc not too far behind, she decided she'd at least try to very her claims. She let go of her shirt, and replaced the presence of her shotgun in her stomach with a nasty knee to the stomach, flooring the woman. “Watch her, will you?” She told the Orc, before kneeing momentarily, saying “I might apologize if you're telling the truth. But God save you, if you're lying to me.” She stood back up, saying to the Elf “And I want you to back me up.”, and headed down the hallway, while taking a piece of Manticore hair from the severed Manticore head, and beginning to track any possible assailants.

Arriving at the scene, Timothy was frankly shocked. One woman was on the ground in pain, there was an Orc watching her. 3 dead carcasses, one simply a lion looking beast detached from it's head. The other two disintegrating in a alarmist fashion. He then saw Iris walking down the highway with a woman he didn't recognize, but she was safe at least. “Iris!” He called out, her attention snapping back down the hallway. “What happened?” He asked, but she sighed and shook her head. “I'm sorry love, I can't explain right now, sister is working. Stay out of the way, and I'll explain later.” And like that, she turned back to her job.

Using Divination magic, she found out that the woman was bullshiting. There was indeed 3 to 4 other people involved, and they're probably the ones responsible for what happened. “Well shit, maybe she wasn't lying. You getting any of this? There's like 3 or 4 other people, and they're roaming about. They're responsible for the Manticore attack. We need find them, and ideally, bloody them.” She explained as she began looking down the passage ways. “All routes lead back to the main party area, and form the sounds of it, it's congested.” Getting to the end of the hallway, there was some smaller nearby areas. Looking in one, she……..found 4 men trying to get out the window.

'That was surprisingly easy.’ she thought to herself. One of them pulled out a gun, causing her her to use the wind sycthe, throwing it at him, slicing open his chest. He was dead when he hit the ground. She shot a smoke shot, piercing one man in the shoulder, turning into smoke transcending the distance between all of them, and kicking the man in the chest. She materialized her sword, swiping out one man's kneecap, and using force magic to knock another man into the wall rather forcefully, knocking him out. The man she kicked, she did one final by landing her boot in his face, breaking his nose. After that, her and the Elf escouted the injured assailants to be detained.

She walked back out, with the Elf to where the Orc was, with Timothy. “They tried to jump the window of all things. One guy tried to pull a gun, but I cut his plans short. Shame he didn't survive, would have loved to get information out of him.” She shook her head, sighing. She went back over to the woman, sighing, before kneeling next to her. “Alright, so you were right. Do you have any idea what they wanted? And why were you snooping around to begin with?” She asked, crossing her arms. Timothy had a look of concern about Iris, but this was her job wasn't it.
Last edited by Alaroma on Sun May 12, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun May 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Party
Jonah ran after Timothy and found Jules lying on the floor, sick, with the Orc guarding her, as well as the elf and Iris. He immediately hurried over to her. "What's wrong with Jules!? What happened to her!? Did you do anything to her!?!?!?" The boy screamed at them, horrified by Jules's sudden condition. It had only been less than an hour...

"Jules!!!" Jonah shook her roughly and hoped she would wake up. Sure enough, Jules was soon weakly opening her eyes. "Jonah..."

"What did they do to you?!" Jonah turned sharply to Iris and snarled. One could see particles of phantasmal magic floating around his hands. However, Jules quickly put her hand on top of his. "She saved my life." Jules gestured towards Iris. "Someone tried to ask where you were, and....when I didn't talk they tried to kill me. This brave girl fought them off."

Jules slowly got up from the ground and put one hand on a wall to steady herself. She retched but didn't throw up.

"Is there a stampede going on in the party room?"

"Sounds like it."

"I guess we have work cut out for us..."

"Nah, they'll probably push you aside and interrogate you as a witness." Jonah sighed. "What happened? How are you sick by the way."

"You should know."

"Wolfsbane?"

"Bingo."

Meanwhile, Konrad had turned into a bat and flew around Sybil to stick with her during the evacuation.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm

u kan Suk my Aass

What?

No seriously.

What's going on.

The smell of smoke, the sound of shot upon steel. The sight of stained carpet, the sound of screaming men. A child, in the back, playing her games. Protection was paramount. She was necessary. Was it The Secant, or was it herself? She didn't know. She needed to save the child. Protect the child. Extract the children. She disappeared through the crowd, possibly snapping someone's legs on the way. Who knows, who cares. Save the child. She slammed open the door to Elizabeth's room, shredding the knob and ripping a hinge out of its frame. She moved faster than the debris. The shrapnel wouldn't hurt the child, only maim the avatar. Why were there no wards? Oh, whatever. The seals were usually just for show, anyway. She knelt beside the young girl, eyes rapidly taking in the room. No holes, no persons of interest, just a few recognisable guests. Conclusion: safe, for now. "Elizabeth!" she half screamed, voice breaking up like radio static. "You need to get out of here. Come with me! (is that a bag? It looks really pretty. Your wallpaper is really pretty, by the way)"

Bang. Rush. Massive G-forces. Not enough to kill, but certainly more than any human should experience. Snap, thump. Ana was covered in little red patterns, like cat claws were scratching patterns in her skin. Her flesh looked like a vortex of pomegranate seeds, rich in texture and aromatic like scented wax. "Your daughter. Get her out of here!" there was a pause. "What, you want the dog too? Say something, Ashwood." the mother slowly reached out, taking Elizabeth by the shoulders. Ana disappeared as soon as she took the weight of her child, reappearing with Bones over her head. "Your dog's kind of rarted. Keep a close eye on him, aight?" she dumped it like a casket into a grave, and threw herself back into the hubbub, seeking Sibyl through the crowd. She leapt onto the roof, clambering across like she was climbing a horizontal cliff, creating handholds by punching through the plaster. "Hey! Elf!" she still didn't know how much she was supposed to say. "Your kid! I'm getting her out! You focus on what you gotta do, I'll handle the evac!"

What a strange tone she was using. Was Ana a soldier, or something? Had she developed that sort of language from utilitarian necessity, more than anything else? Or, maybe her writer was a hack who couldn't imagine how a child would act. She skidded back into Elizabeth's room, taking Morgaine by the hand. She wasn't actually much older than the girl, but she was far larger and more mature. "Keep your legs tucked in. I don't want you losing any toes." she went out into the party foyer, whizzing by a good three dozen milling guests to reach Alex, who she also offered the startled Morgaine to. "Watch the mouth. She might vomit on you. Get the guests under control, the ones closest to the door are the worst. I'll be back." she dashed away once more, heading straight for Sib, whom she hoped to get out while the chaos could still mask them.
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Sun May 12, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Naval Monte wrote:From the party the elf picked up strange noises coming from one of the room deep in the rooms but she ignored it for now. In the end that prove to be a poor decision as she heard a gunshot going off. The elf took out a falchion as she rushed through the crowd of panicked guests. The ork took his eyes from Sibyl and pulled out a large revolver. "I wanted some action and now I'm getting it. I should have been careful with my wish." He said as he follower the elf and two humans.

Sibyl was shock to hear the gunshots and just as she was beginning to snap out of her shock she was bombarded by everyone screaming as the mass of guests began to push towards the door. Sibyl tried to break free but she couldn't. More importantly she was trying not go trip as she knew that in the current state the mob was in they would trample her if she fell.

Her prediction was true as a few guests fell on the ground and as she feared most people were stepping on those on the floor as they tried to flee to the door. Sibyl would see the door getting closer. But just as the guests were going to open the door the ogre bodyguard open the door, his knuckles covered in blood. "What on Numina is going on?" He asked but was pushed back by the crowd as people flood to the door, causing the door to be blocked by the large mass of bodies.

The drunk who the orge was beating up was lying on the floor with his back on the floor. No one noticed him there and most would gladly leave him alone if it saved their lives. "Oi everyone get your heads out of your asses and try to form an orderly line!" The orge shouted. His command was ignored. Sibyl was almost at the door and the closer the door was the more space she lost. She was now pressed tightly against other people as more push forward to flee.

Alex saw the chaos that erupted and look at the two couple. "I'm so sorry that this happen but I need to bring back order before my guests kill each other." She apologize as she walked away. "Everyone calm down! Form an line so you all can get out in an efficient manner. There is no need to trample each other!" She yelled out. Yet her calls were ignored.

From the mass some of the guests, those who were drunk, began to throw fists as someone accidentally caused a fight. Erupting a spree of violence within the crowd as now more people try to get through the door to escape from the growing violence. Seeing that things were quickly spiralling out of control Alex placed both palms of her hands on her face as she shook her head.

Moving them away from her face she would turn her attention to Siliva who followed her. "Call the police to come here now Silvia. Get the other dolls to try and stop the fighting. They have my permission to restrain any guests that so much threatens violence on another." Soliva bowed. "Understood mistress." Silvia walked away from Alex as the woman tried to get everyone to calm down.

In Elizabeth's room the moment the gunshot was heard Bones began to bark loudly, spook by the noise as much as the kids. "Did a gun go off? Why did someone took out a gun in here?" Morgaine said as she held on tightly to Bones.

When Timothy ran out both Elizabeth and Morgaine tried to stop him but the ginger ran out before they can stop. When Jonah told them to stay while he went out Elizabeth looked at him with shock. "Absolutely not! I will not let you go out there to risk your life." She walked away and went to her bed. She knelt down and began to look for something under the bed. She would take out a bag and putting the strap over her shoulder she would return back to the group.

"Let the adults handle this and hope that his sister finds him before he gets hurt." The young girl told him with Morgaine nodding. The young girl held on to a bag that had z few amulets and potions. They were made by both her and her mother together encase of emergencies and this was the perfect time for their use. Now she was hoping that she won't have to use.

The fighting was close to driving Ichiru insane. At least two different people, both Ashwood and another person, had called for the people to get into an orderly line and to leave the building to save themselves. The party-goers were thoroughly drunk, however, and ignored almost everything she said. It was after Ashwood called for peace and order that one fool had decided to start a fight. Violent, mindless clashing began, with liquor, sweat, and now blood splashing and filling the room.

Given how stressed he already was, with the gun having shot something or someone not too far away, he knew the best option was to knock-out as many people as possible and to get them to safety. He was not physically strong, but he knew his Magic was enough to stop the fight. If possible, he could get Ashwood to help, but he had to start on his own. Knowing he was revealing something else private about himself, he turned toward the mad crowd, and his eyes glowed with white light. He held out his arms, and without much effort, a beam of blinding-white light shot toward the crowd. Soon, a group of the attendees were knocked unconscious.

His strategy seemed simple enough. The light would catch the attention of some of the other party-goers, and some even charged at him. Without flinching, he sent a bolt of light at them, throwing light around without too much effort. Soon, most of the attendees were out-cold, although some were groaning and in pain on the floor. Ichiru took a deep breath, and then exhaled, before he turned toward Everton and Ashwood. “...If you two could...help me bring these people to a safer place downstairs, I would appreciate it. How many lifts does this penthouse have? We can carry several of them at a time to the lifts, if we work together...” he explained.
-Alan Jackson

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon May 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Iris Amcotts

Iris sighed, shaking her head. When the boy who was apparently with Timothy appeared, he was not happy with her. She probably assumed he was responsible for her current condition. He wasn't completely wrong. To be fair, she assumed she was responsible for the attack. She didn't really necessitate a response from Iris, who was still primarily focused on Jules. The boy was soon on the floor, shaking the woman. “Lord, you could be more gentle.” She commented, before seeing the woman slowly wake up. Kneeling next to the woman, she shook her head, prepared to ask her more questions before the boy named Jonah began accusing her of things again.

Particles began to float in her hands, though her reaction isn't one that you might expect from Iris. For one, he was a child. Iris had no interest in hurting him. Second, she suspected his threat level was below that of what she should really feel threatened by. However she wouldn't let him do something stupid. “Careful there love, you're barking up a tree you really don't want to go up.” She warned. However she Jules intervened. Jules quickly put her hand on top of his. "She saved my life." Jules gestured towards Iris. "Someone tried to ask where you were, and....when I didn't talk they tried to kill me. This brave girl fought them off."

So she was protecting her now? 'This Woman....…..’ she thought to herself, pinching the bridges of her nose, sighing. ‘Im not sure I can even consider her a threat. She's just some woman, a rather unimpressive one at that…….’ she thought to herself, before standing up. The woman also stood up, uneasy in nature, retching. “Please don't throw up again, uhhhhhhhh, Jules was it?” She said, crossing her arms. Though more importantly perhaps I'd what she mentioned earlier. Her attention turned to the boy. 'Why would someone go after him?’ she wondered.

Timothy came up to her, wide eyed. “Are you okay?” He asked her, his hands behind his back. She pulled him in for a half hug, saying “Yes, love. I'm fine.” Thinking about it, she pushed him away, hands gripping his shoulders. “I swear I'll tan your behind if you ever, and i mean EVER go directly towards me when I'm fighting. That's very dangerous Timothy Garfield Amcotts, and I have half a mind to tell father.” He scratched the back of his head, chuckling weakly. “I was worried about you.” He said weakly, before she shook her head. “Anything happens like this, you go away from the fighting. I'll find you.”

She then looked at the Orc, saying “Would you mind looking out there, and seeing if you can do anything about that mob- huh, it's quieting down I think. Whatever, they need to be checked. I'm going to ask some more questions.

Looking at Jules, she said “So Jules. What do you do exactly, and how are you related to Jonah? More specifically, why would these people go after Jonah? I'm not comforted by the fact they were able to get into this apartment.”

“Jeez sis, you really aren't giving her time to recover are you?” Timothy asked.

“That's not my job love. Besides, Miss Ashwood is bound to want answers. Better I ask Jules questions than her.” She replied.
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon May 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Party
Jules smiled at Iris. "Yeah, that's my name. Dr. Julian Yamada, M.D. in general surgery." She introduced herself and held out her hand to Iris to shake. "Don't worry about me retching, if I have some tea or hot water, it'll settle the stomach."

When Iris asked her about Jonah, the boy watched the older girl warily. She seemed to be nice enough to Timothy though, but again, he was her brother so of course she'd be nice to him. But the good thing was with Timothy around, Iris wouldn't be hurting Jules. He looked at Jules who was still clutching her sore stomach. Now that wasn't something Wolfsbane could have caused....

However, Jules didn't seem to care that Iris injured her, neither did she seem to distrust Iris. After all, the girl was younger than she was.

"Jonah is my physician's assistant here-" She gestured at Jonah. "He cleans all my stuff and helps carry it, too. Best assistant a doctor could ask for. Though, I don't really know why those men attacked me and were after him....other than his good medical skills, there isn't anything that makes this child special. He doesn't go around looking for trouble either." The doctor sighed and looked down at her companion.

Sure, Jules sounded like she didn't have a clue, but if Iris observed enough, a glint in her ruby eyes would suggest she was hiding something.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon May 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Iris Amcotts

“Now, miss Yamada-” she began after shaking her hand, then putting her hands on her shoulders in what might be considered at first overly friendly. “I'm sure you care for that boy deeply. And frankly, he seems like a charming kid.” Then she got a little closer to her face, saying “So please. If you have anything else to say about these people, I'd really appreciate it if you could enlighten me. Anything at all. I'm aware, and you're aware that this situation might have ended differently had I not been there. It's better to be proactive, rather than be reactive. You're a doctor, I'm sure you can understand that.”

Iris had a weird sort of smile, that Timothy couldn't put his finger on. Like a mixture of genuine friendliness, and a bit of edge. Like she knew something was off, and to be fair to Iris, she had been at this for quite a long time. Her getting the drop on this situation sort of falls in line with her work, and she frankly wanted everything she could from the doctor.

Timothy on the other hand was really concerned for Jonah's safety, and was wondering what could be done to help protect him. Or why he needed to be protected in the first place, and all things considered, dead manticores in sight and bloodied men on their knees, tied up, and in pain, the situation was tense. You could practically cut it with a knife, but that unfortunate thing was he didn't have a knife to cut it with. “We'd like to help, if we can!” Timothy blurted out. Her eyes shot to him, but they slowly went back to Jules.
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon May 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Party
Jules sighed. "I don't know what you can do, Miss security guard. I never got your name, by the way and I don't want to call you Ms. Security guard forever so why don't you introduce yourself as well?"

Her eyes went to Jonah. I think we can tell her.

Jonah hesitated for a moment, but relented with a small nod to Jules. Despite some of her absent-mindedness, Jules did seem to be a good judge of peoples' characters at first glance. He turned to Timothy as well. "I'd like help, but I don't want to do anything to get you into danger, Timothy, so even though your sister can agree to help us, try to stay out of what's about to happen." He told the younger boy. "You see the scene in front of you?" He gestured to the dead manticores. "You won't want to be in the middle of the next time it happens."

"Jonah, quit scaring the child." Jules put her hands in her pockets. "Alright, I'll spill the tea. Jonah here's the heir of an aristocratic clan but a rival clan they've been feuding with has come back to Lumina to seak vengeance. His mother has sent him away with me to keep him safe. We've been living in Blighttown. I know, stupid idea, but it's either they find us and kill us or kidnap him or we make do in a shittier district."

"But I don't know who's after him. Heck, even Jonah doesn't know. I haven't met anyone affiliated with them until today. It's something....we're being kept in the dark about.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon May 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Iris Amcotts

She loosened her grip on Jules shoulders, looking down at her feet. “Ah, uhhhhhhhh, yeah. My name is Iris Amcotts.” She said, slowly laughing before letting her shoulders go. “Yeah, I guess I should have told you that a little earlier.” She said.

Jonah went on, worrying about Timothy's safety getting involved in whatever all of this was. “Well, I promise not to do what i did today.” He said, Iris laughing in response. “You bet you won't, I'll have your arse otherwise. And Rose will have mine…….” She said, sighing thinking about that woman.

After that, Jules explained everything. Now was the worst part 'How did someone from Blighttown end up in a party like this?’ was her first thought, but then she chewed on everything else she heard. She eyed Jonah, seeing that he was the heir to this aristocratic clan. That was probably one of the wildest things she heard all day. Things were definitely not going how she expecting it to. She thought this would be an easy job, and now she was getting involved with what can probably considered clan warfare. “She said she was a doctor right? Didn't Father say he'd like to hire another doctor? The companies could definitely keep them safe.”

Iris had to pause for a moment, taking a look at Timothy. “That's a bit of a thing to promise for us to have Dad make.” She said, but Timothy was quick to rebuke. “Come on Iris, their lives are in danger, do you really think Dad would reject them? Besides, it's practical in it's own way.” She sighed. It was true that their father was a man who was very influenced by emotion, and this seems like the thing he might go for. Betting on the dark horse. “I, uh, alright. We can talk to Dad. How soon could you be able to meet with our father? He's looking for a doctor, and you may fit the bill.”
Last edited by Alaroma on Mon May 13, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Party
"Amcotts....lovely name. It's very nice to meet you, Ms. Amcotts." Jules bowed slightly at Iris in the manner customary for her culture. Then, Timothy suggested having the siblings' father hire Jules as a doctor so they could provide protection for her and Jonah. Jules was pleasantly surprised by the boy's offer, even though she didn't show it. Could their luck be finally turning for the better?

"You see, I'm a little busy at the moment, but....please reach out to me in a few days and I'll set a meeting date with your father. Letters and telegrams should be sent to this address..." Jules scribbled on a piece of paper an address and gave it to Iris. "And by the way...." She looked down at Timothy. "I do appreciate the help, and I would give anything to put Jonah in a better situation by now, and don't get me wrong here, but I don't want your dad to hire me because we need help. I want him to hire me because I'm a good doctor. Understand? I'm still willing to go through all the applications and interviews and training, etc."

Jonah slightly cringed at this. He knew that Jules had strong principles about practicing medicine, and at times it was admirable in her work. However, sticking to those principles was what also often caused them to go hungry or end up in bad situations. If Jules could just swallow her pride and accept help, 90% of their problems now would have never existed. And now she's jepoardizing their chances to move to a better place-

"Hey Tim..." Jonah leaned down and whispered. "If your dad wants to hire Jules out of helping her, it's fine, but make sure to have him make it seem like he's hiring her because she's a good candidate."

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 am

Iris Amcotts

Iris looked at the woman bow, and felt a tinge of bewilderment. However there were other things to take into consideration right now, and what the woman was going on about was rather out there. She was rather bewildered by the turn of events everything had taken, but at least things were calming down to an extent. Not that she would call the turn of events ideal in any sense. Of course with Timothy's offer, and no real appetite on Iris part to push back on it, so on the weird turn of events, Iris offering access to her father. What's the worse that could happen? Besides the people who came after them had left much to be desired in terms of combat prowess.

Iris of course answered to her offer with giving her a piece of paper where they could telegraph, which was all well and good. Then she went on her moralistic spill about how she wanted to meritoriously chosen for the job, and not just be given it because of their situation. As it stood, she reckoned Daniel would biased in her favor after Iris got in his ear. However that sort of thing might have been something people are obligated to say? Or perhaps she actually believed it, in which case she had character at least.

Of course Moving up in the world wasn't solely about principal. Sometimes it was about accepting the fact you got lucky, and someone was willing to bring you a level up. Nothing wrong with that as it stood, but you need to realize that sometimes it's luck. Iris put her hands in her pockets, and nodded. “Of course, I understand.” She told her.

Now when Jonah whispered into Timothy's ears, he whispered back “I was thinking of telling him something similar. But yeah, I think I manage that.” He crossed his arms, unsure of what was next.

“Well, I think I need to check up on those others guys.” She said. She formed some bandage cloth, and walked over to the man who's kneecap she'd sliced open, and was currently tied up. “We can be really cordial about this, you know.” She whispered as she began looking at his wounds, among other things. “Who do you work for?” She asked.
Last edited by Alaroma on Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Sera's guess on snapping someone's leg was correct as one of the guests fell on the ground screaming in pain. When the door practically exploded off its hinges both Elizabeth and Morgaine screamed in horror, the heiress was reaching in her bag to take an amulet to save herself, Bones, and Morgaine. When the strange girl spoke to her she stopped before she can take out an amulet. "Who are you?" Her question was ignored as she was brought over to her mother in such rapid speed that her brain couldn't quite register right away that she was back to the party.

Alex saw that her daughter look dumbstruck, an expression she also shared. As she gently grabbed Elizabeth's shoulder and brought her close. The girl soon disappeared and came back with Bones, displaying shocking strength as she carried the large dog over her head. The dog was barking loudly, obviously confused on what just happened. Alex couldn't quite find the right words to say even as her dog was insulted. When the dog was dropped Bone let out a whine as the large canine got up. The large dog moved close to Alex, seeking safety just like Elizabeth who cling to Alex.

Alex knew something was wrong. Her bound field; the network of charms, countermeasures, and wards should have been active, only she and the few individuals she allowed to be except should be allow to use magic. The witch's thought came to a halt as Ichuri decided to show off his magic to Alex.

When Morgaine was brought on she was to focus on the problem with her bound field thst she didn't hear about the young half feeling queasy. Morgaine looked a bit green and dizzy from what she went through. As Sera went to the crowd to break her free Morgaine took a few steps away from Alex before leaning over and started puking.

She felt him channel an energy she hadn't felt before and conjure a ball of light into existence. Ichuri would unleash a bright flash at the crowd. Alex covered her eyes due to how bright he was. Once she can safely look at the Anjinese she saw him throwing threw bolts of light at the guests that were trying to fight him.

As he turn to face her Alex was impressed with what she saw, but for now she had a more pressing matter to attend to. The lift that you came in is the only one. There is another one but that one I rather not have people go in. That one was made for me and my daughter so we can escape o a safe room encase of an emergency." Alex explained.

She saw the dolls trying to pull some of the guests out of the mass blocking the door while others were fighting against the guests out of self defense, the dolls winning most of those engagements quite effortlessly.

The orc sighed when he heard about Jules while the elf frown. "I was not hired to deal with mage clan warfare." He muttered. The orc can feel that this was going beyond what he was being paid for. "You know our boss isn't going go be pleased to know that someone from Blighttown brought gangsters to her home. I wouldn't be surprised she decide to press charges against you for this shit." The orc told Jules.

The elf nodded in agreement as she look down at Jules. "He is right. We can't keep this a secret from Ashwood and I doubt she would as forgiving as you. Not only is this a PR disaster for her but this woman put her and her daughter at danger. I agree with my green skin coworker that the likelihood of her being charged is high."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse