NATION

PASSWORD

Vim: Tales from Lumina (Fantasy/Arcanepunk/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Venusta

The Cadian gave Sibyl a short nod as she entered one of the finer dress shops. Given her good looks and fine clothes, the workers gave Venusta a warm reception and offered her full use of their shop. She thanked them and told them they were searching for a dress for an upcoming party.

"And I will only buy the best," she told them. Venusta turned to Sibyl.

"Now, signorina," the Inquisitor said to the Detective. "What are your measurements?"
Last edited by Britanania on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Britanania wrote:---

When Sibyl enter the shop she marveled at the many fine dresses that were in display. She walked up to one rack that had scarfs and feeling them she amazed to feel that the silk was genuine. When the Vim Revolution created synthetic replicas of materials like cotton and silk they made the price for the genuine article far more expense. As she felt the silk between her fingers she would hear Venusta ask for her measurement.

The half elf blushed, feeling embarrassed on having to reveal such personal information in a private setting. "My height is 5'0. My weight is 110 lbs and my measurements if I remember correctly is 34/24/36." she uttered while looking away from Venusta, her face blushing red. Sibyl knew she was lying about the truth when it comes to her measurement and weight but she felt too embarrassed to give the real ones so easily. All though with her measurement she was only giving her the one she remember when she was younger and thinner.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Venusta

The young Inquisitor raised an eyebrow at Sibyl's declaration as she scanned the detective's frame. While Sibyl no doubt gave an accurate height, Venusta doubted the veracity of the other measurements. Venusta's eyes lingered on the half-elf's round stomach and thick hips and gave a sigh. It was clear that Sibyl's well-fed figure was not as small as the detective claimed by Venusta was in no potion to argue. She went over to the fabric and selected after some time an elegant black form-fitting evening gown appropriate for the party they were going to attend. She handed it to Sibyl and gestured to a changing room.

"Make sure it fits," she instructed with a warning. "You wouldn't want to buy it only to learn later it is no good."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 am

Sibyl grabbed on to the elegant, form fitting, black dress, she grabbed it by the straps to get a better look of it. The half elf was impressed with what she was seeing, yet it still didn't shake the feeling she had that she was not going to be able to wear it.

"Thanks you." she told the Cadian as she walked to the changing room and closed the door. The group would hear rustling as Sibyl removed her clothing. Standing in only in her white underwear the half elf looked at herself in the mirror, she frown the more she looked at her figure. "There is no way this dress is going to fit me." she muttered to herself. Yet she gave Venusta the wrong measurement and now she has to make it work somehow.

The half elf picked up the dress and began slide it down on her body, it didn't take long for problems to emerge. Sibyl found that her rounded stomach was stretching the dress to it's limit, the dress refusing to go down. The fact her bust were relatively fine was a small mercy that she sadly couldn't enjoy. She found that no matter how hard she tried she could not get it down, leaving her hips exposed. The half elf would flip to an elven tongue as she began to curse as she fought to get it down.

The half elf would let out a sigh of defeat as she let go of the dress, looking at herself as she saw the half down dress clinging to her body. "Why did I tell her that lie? I should have just said I didn't know and save myself this embarrassment." the half elf bemoaned, regretting her decision as she wonder if she should try to take it off or ask for help?

The half elf would spend a few minutes pondering until she open the door slightly and peak out to look at Venusta, her cheeks having a slight pink shade to them. "Can... Can you help me with this dress." she pleaded, now feeling that asking for help might not have been the best idea
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:25 am

Venusta

Venusta was looking at some other dresses when she heard Sibyl's voice ring out asking for help. The Inquisitor couldn't say she was surprised by her request but only nodded before she entered the changing room to see what the damage was.

She had to stifle a laugh at seeing the sight before her. The chubby half-elf was only half dressed and struggling to get the dress on. It almost looked like something from a comedy. The dress was painfully small on the detective and left half her stomach and her entire lower half uncovered.

Venusta approached from behind and pulled with all her might to help Sibyl. It was a struggle, and she was silently worried they might rip the expensive dress. Venusta managed to get it past Sibyl's protruding stomach but not only did the dress look ridiculously tight, Sibyl gasped for breath as the dress constricted her breathing whoie her wide hips proved too difficult to slide past. Venusta sighed in defeat.

"I think you should ask the sales associate to measure you."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 am

Half elf still blushed even though Venusta stifled her laugh, the fact she was in the changing room to see her in her current state was just enough to make her pale cheeks turn red. As the Cadian helped her push the dress past her rounded waists the half elf clinched her teeth as the dress squeezed on her.

When the dress finally went past her waist she found that things only got worse as the dress felt almost like a corset as she felt it affecting her breathing. Worse the dress just could not wrap itself around her hips, they were far larger than her waists. When Venusta admitted defeat the half elf also resigned herself to the same outcome.

"I'm sorry. I never thought much on my measurements after I became a mother. I was so busy with other stuff to worry about that." the half elf was now fighting on getting the tight dress off. When it finally got loose around her waists she almost fell back but thankfully hit the wall and used it to stay standing. She eventually got the dress off and began to put on her clothing.

The half elf looked at Venusta. "Can you please keep this between us?" she asked. Once she heard from the woman on keeping this their secret the half elf would walk out of the changing room and approach the counter where the sales associate was. She placed the dress on the counter and while her face was not as red as it was back in the room there were still two red spots on her cheeks.

"The dress was too small for me. I need you to do my measurements because I was wrong about the one I gave my friend and I don't know what are my current measurements." she explained to the woman. The half elf looked around to make sure not too many people were around to overhear her.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:23 am

Venusta

With her attempts to help Sibyl in vain, Venusta returned to the main part of the store to help any of her other companions while a sales associate arrived to help Sibyl. The tall and willowy half elf listened to the detective and ushered her back inside the changing room.

The graceful half-elf ordered Sibyl to undress before she took out a tape measure and began to examine Sibyl.

"Bust is 34 inches," she read out as she moved onto Sibyl's spherical stomach. "Waist is 35 inches." She checked the waist again to be sure and prodded her soft and pudgy middle, a little surprised at the difference between the number she recorded and the number she was originally told. She crouched and wrapped the measure around the chubby half elf's wide hips. "And hips are 42 inches." The sales associate stood and pointed to a scale.
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 am

Sibyl walked to the changing room and once inside she watch the tall and willowy half elf grab a tape and began to measure her. She was silent as the woman said out loud her measurements. When the half elf pointed at the scale the detective looked at the machine and a look of reluctance would appear on her face. She turn to face the woman and it was clear from her expression she wanted to avoid getting on it.

But the detective let out a sigh of defeat and with much reluctance she hesitantly walked to the scale and got on it. She looked at the dial scale to see what numbers it would show.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:15 am

The tall and thin sales associate recorded Sibyl's measurements while the plump half elf slowly got onto the scale. The associate had Sibyl remain in her underwear so she could get an accurate read of her weight. After some time the numbers balanced out and she read it aloud.

"142 pounds," she said and wrote the figure down. It was actually a little lower than she expected, as Sibyl's balloon-like stomach did her no favours. After some thought the associate turned to Sibyl.

"We have some nice selections for those with larger frames," she said euphemistically. "I don't think we have any corsets to fit your size, so I suggest an empire silhouette."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:46 am

Being stripped down to her underwear by another half elf who has a figure that she envied just as she was adjusting the scale right next to her to figure out her true weight. After a few minutes her weight was revealed to the woman and the half elf was now blushing. "What? I got up somehow!?" the half elf nearly shouted as she looked at the results in disbelief. The woman said nothing as she was busy with writing down the results of her measurements before she finally turned to Sibyl and told her that they have dresses for people of her frame.

Of course she felt the need to state that there are no corsets that would fit her, which felt like she was rubbing salt on her wounded pride and dignity. "Thank you." the half elf quietly said as she picked up her clothes and began to put them on.Once she was fully clothed she would leave the room and follow the woman as she lead her to the selection of clothing made for women like her.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 am

The half-elf sales associate was slightly taken aback by her podgy customer's outburst, but said nothing about it as the entire experience seemed to depress her. While Sibyl began to redress herself, the sales associate was already thinking about what would best suit Sibyl's zaftig figure and what would compliment her assets.

She led Sibyl to the clearly marked plus-sized section of the store and browsed some of the collection. The half-elf considered a maternity dress, as Sibyl's figure fit the description, but decided against it, as not only did she not want to offend her customer she also was afraid they didn't have anything in that section to fit Sibyl's large hips. She pointed out one black dress, similar to the one she had earlier but longer and with a higher waist. She checked the measurements to be sure and looked back at Sibyl and examined her frame with scrutiny.

"This should work," she said with an nod. "It will be a little tight in the hips and waist, but it should mask your stomach while emphasising your hips. It's the biggest one we have in your height, and we would have to special order anything larger. We don't usually carry anything this wide in the hips and large in the waist for women of your height, you see, but so long as you don't eat too much it would fit just fine. You might need some help getting into it, though, so we can't offer you any shape-wear."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

The Group and Jonah
Jonah started to look for clothes in the children's section. Nothing too fancy or he wouldn't look like a servant much. Let's start with a nice but simple collared shirt and work our way up to a small bow tie and an austere black outer coat and pants. Now for some white gloves, and he would have the "servant boy" done quite well. Finishing up his shopping, Jonah turned to find Venusta when he rammed into a taller figure.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you...." He looked up to see Jules rubbing her head on the ground. Konrad snickered. "Now I see why you need spectacles, you're as blind as a bat." He whistled and went to look at some men's garments.

"So..." Jonah looked down, feeling ashamed a bit for leaving Jules behind without telling her.

"Where were you!?" Jules grabbed his arms. "I was looking all over for you! I thought you'd wandered off my yourself into Blighttown!"

"I'm sorry, but....I guess I was acting childish." He mumbled sheepishly.

"As long as you're alright but don't do it again." The doctor let out a tired sigh.

"What are you doing here?"

"We're going on a heist with Sybil to steal something from a party, and we're buying clothes now."

"You are engaging in criminal actions now!? And how can we afford new clothes!?"

"It's for an investigation. It will be fine. Plus, Venusta offered to chip in for our garments." Jonah smiled. "Hey, we should pick something out for you, too. You can be their "personal doctor""

"Excuse me? Who's this Venusta? Wait-" Jules was obviously confused.

"Come on." Jonah took her hand and lead her over to the lady's section.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Sibyl followed the woman to the plus size section and looking at the various dresses she still refuse to look at the woman, her blushing face telling everyone how she still felt about the experience she was going through. When the woman gave her a dress that was similar to the first one she tried out but more accommodating to her frame the detective looked at it and hesitantly took it.

"How long would a special order take? I'm not sure if emphasizing my hips is a wise thing to do with the type of party I'm going to." When she told her that she would need help the half elf sighed. "Should I get a friend or are you willing to help me?" the half elf asked, knowing that it was either Venusta or the woman who would help her as she doesn't want anymore people to see her in this awkward situation.

"Are you sure you never dealt with half elves on my height before? Or goblins, dwarves, or gnomes, pixies, or even humans?" Sibyl asked, hoping that maybe she wasn't alone in having difficulty when it comes to finding the right clothing for her. Sibyl would hear someone approaching the ladies section and while she can hear it was two different foot steps she still couldn't know it was Jules and Jonah

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 pm

The half-elf sales associate thought the matter was finished but turned back to answer some of Sibyl's questions. She looked down at the notebook with the detective's measurements for reference as she spoke aloud and clearly in the plus-sized section of the small boutique.

"For the materials and specifications, it might take a month at a minimum if you placed an order today. We have several backorders already and our dresses are in high demand," she told Sibyl.

"Frankly, the issue with someone of your stature is that our female customer base isn't as, well, let us say, that because you're not expecting we tend not to have many customers with as many issues as you," she said. "Especially in the waist and hips sizes. Most of our shorter female customers are rather petite. We did have one customer with similar issues but she is a very special client, even though she walked out on us and refused to believe us when we measured her."

The sales associate gave a slight sigh.

"As for help, that is something you would need to enlist someone for."
Last edited by Britanania on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 pm

"I see. I suppose I'm grateful that you have one dress that can fit me." the half elf said, dejected that she was going to have issues unless she orders something more customize for her. Yet the thought that she might have to go in another event like this and struggle with getting a new dress was what influenced her next decision. "What material would you think would best fit me?" she asked, deciding to get another one made for her ahead of time.

When told about how there was someone who was like her but who walked out after hearing her measurements the curious half elf asked. "Who was she and what made her special?" the half elf would hold on to her dress tightly in front of her chest. "There was also a purple scarf I found on the store when I got in. How much would it cause? I think it might go well with my dress."

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm

"Silk would be the best material. We can order one in your size if you would like," the sales associate told the detective. She gave another look a Sibyl's belly. "We can even order it in a larger size, just to be sure as we don't make alterations for custom dresses. As for the customer in question, it is against company policy to disclose that type of information."

The tall half-elf sauntered over to the scarf area when Sibyl inquired about a purple one she liked. "If you're interested in a scarf," she said, "the Cadian woman you came in with said to send all charges to her account."
Last edited by Britanania on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

"Silk might be the best. The few times I touched real silk it felt wonderful so I wouldn't mind having my custom dress be made of it." Sibyl told the woman as she gave her a smile. When told about making alterations for her body shape the half elf thanked the woman. When told about the scarf and Venusta willing to pay for all of their expense. "Yes she told us that she would. But I still feel that I should give her something in return for helping me and my group."

When she walked to the scarves she looked for the purple and eventually she would find it. The half elf would put it around her neck. Checking on the parts of the scarf that dangle off her shoulders she would ask. "How does this look?"

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Venusta

After some time browsing through the store for some time, Venusta heard some commotion and looked over to the plus-sized section where she overheard Sibyl and the sales associate talking about how they didn't have many clothes for someone of Sibyl's size.

I think everyone in the store can hear them, she thought with a bemused grin.

By now the inquisitor had found a dress and walked over to check out. She approached from behind the pudgy detective just as Sibyl was asking about the purple scarf.

"I think it works, signorina," Vensuta said as she handed the dress over to sales associate who made a note of the sale. "What do you think of this vestio nero?"

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 pm

When Venusta came over the half elf turned and saw the dress she was wearing. As her gaze focused on the woman she let a small frown form on her lips, she felt a tinge of envy on her lithe appearance for making the dress not only look good on her but most likely easy to put on with barely a sign of struggle.

But her mind would be forced out of her jealousy to what Venusta said about the scarf looked good. "Really? Thank you. What do you think would match with the scarf?" the half elf asked. However just as she had questions to ask the Cadian would ask for her own opinion on the dress. The half elf would be silent for a while as she thought over her worlds. "You look lovely in that dress." she told her.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Vim: Tales from Lumina (Fantasy/Arcanepunk/IC)

Postby Luminesa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Lumina

The girl's excitement died down somewhat when Ichiru told her how his first parents perished. "Oh, sorry to hear about that." she said somberly. Her face perked up slightly when he mentioned how his adopted father found him and took care of him. "Your new daddy was a doctor? Did he used magic or he just used regular medicines. Mommy sometimes mixes magic with medicines whenever I'm sick or hurt." When he mention on his father wanting to protect him from unkind people the little girl eyes widen. "He did the same thing as well! My mummy also watches out for people who she thinks will hurt us, she still does it now. She said that she often had to be on guard for those sort of people back home."

The little girl was starting to think if maybe the strange man was probably from the same home land that both she and her mother came from. Should she ask him a question that only someone from back there would know? Her mother made it clear to never reveal to anyone where they come from, she told her that the truth would cause far too much trouble for them. As she ponder on whether to ask him the question or not the albino Anjinese would talk about how it wasn't easy for them to move in the city and how one day her father would be glad to see how she was. "You think I will see him one day?" she now looked at him with a glint of hope of possibly seeing her father.

"As for the city we lived in a big town that some people called a city, even though some parts of it felt like it was a farming town." When he mentioned that he never got people calling him pretty that made the girl confused, as well as the fact that his twin sibling doesn't look like him. "Why? How come no one ever called you pretty and how come your twin brother doesn't look like you and how can you have different magic but still be twins?" It was clear that the final part of his sentence was making the girl confused. The fact she found the different magic aspect confusing gave Ichuri a peak into some of the subject she was studying.

The girl's confused state would be replaced with wonder as the white egg orb turn into an ivory star before changing into other items. She heard what he said about his magic and she nodded, still spellbound by the magecraft. When he deactivated his magic the girl blinked and shook her head. When he asked for her to show off her magic she smiled. "I've been practicing this one when I saw mommy do something similar in her lab." The young girl would take our a few silver strings and left them in front of her face. She would close her eyes and begin to chant in an odd language that sounded almost like one of the many languages from Alba but it sounded different somehow.

The young girl would drop the strings and let them fall. As the strings gently fell down they would form at first a tiny dot of light that would flicker on and off but eventually the arcane light would emerge and it would cover the entire string in it. The strings would stop in mid air and begin to float up until it was above Ellie. From the strings came tendrils of arcane strings that wiggled in the air as they spread out from the original. The strings began to take into shape as they form into a sphere, but eventually that sphere soon began to morph into something else until as it open up to reveal that it was a set of wings connected to the body of a bird, a birds made of strings and arcane energy. From their chests came down the first strings that made them.

"Impressive aren't they?" she said with a smile. "They are familiars but I used aetheric energy instead of different body parts and items to create something. The strings act as a conduct for the energy and keeps the birds together." she explained. She waved her finger around like a conductor and the birds began to fly around. The two would hear the receptionists clapping at the display as the arcane birds perform different maneuvers.

Ellie was so absorbed by the show she was performing that she didn't hear the elevator coming down and Silvia returning. "What's going on here?" the maid asked as she placed the back of her hand on her left hips as she looked at Ichuri and Lidia. The girl stopped controlling the birds and looked at the maid, beaming with joy at seeing her. "I was showing Mr. Ichuri my magic! He showed me his and he wanted to see mines." Lidia joined in the conversation. "Yes. Ichuri was helping me on taking care of her." The maid looked at the two but simply let out a sigh.

"So long as she is safe I won't say whatever you did was adequate." her sight went back to Ichuri. "Mistress Ashwood wish to see you. As you have an invite you are allowed to attend her party." Silvia reached her hand down and seeing it Ellie went over and grabbed her hand. "I will return back with the little mistress with new supplies for the party. Make sure that no one else tries to enter in before we can allow guests to join in." Lidia nodded. "I hope you enjoy your time in the party Mr. Hashimoto." Ellie waved bye at him as she followed Silvia out the door, her familiars following the girl and maid.

When Everton finally gave the detective his pendant she let it rest on the palm of her head. She grabbed the golden chain and lift it up to see the pendant dangle in the air as she look at. The detective suspected that it was an amulet but right now she was only feeling it's magical vibration slightly, it was not yet enough for her to get an accurate feeling on the magic it possessed. She wonder if the pendant was linked with Everton's runic magic and it being away from him weaken it's magic or if maybe the magic was sealed because it was away from his runes? If it was sealed she still felt some small residual feeling of it. She couldn't quite put her finger on what she was feeling on it as the vibration was too minuscule to get a proper reading on it

As her eyes linger on the gem as it swung slowly due to a gust of air she heard Everton asking if she can keep it safe, knowing that there was a subtle threat on there being negative consequences should she fail on protecting it. "Don't worry I have a safe place for it." she told him as she jerked the chain up and clinch her fingers around the pendant. As she put her fingers back down on the fountain she would see Everton loom over him.

The half elf detective gulped in fear as he lean down over her, whispering to her not to say anything about the case. She nodded as she fought against the urge to shake in fear. When he let go off the detective and he walked away Sibyl took whatever was left in the bag, three pieces of candy, and shoved them into her mouth.

The detective was glad to follow Venusta to the fashion district of the city, it would help take her mind away from what happen back in the square. However during the walk she would feel the magic of the pendant that she chose to wear around her neck for the time being. The feeling was growing gradually the more she moved away from Everton but now that he was gone she had a good feeling of the pendant's powers.

She thought it was connected to his magic but the power she felt from it was different, oh so different. For starters she felt two different forms of magic within the pendant! The first one was incredibly odd. It felt as though it was link to everywhere and yet it linked to nowhere. The detective ponder if maybe she was sensing metamagic at work? The other type of magic feel as thought it was pointing to the north? Why? What is so significant over at the north? Why was there two entirely different forms of magic that go against the usual trend for items like this? She couldn't sense them being used for defense or to store a spell to be used for later, infact none of the two magics she can fathom? These questions would preoccupy her during the walk until they reached the district.

Once they reached the district the half elf looked around the district, gazing at the numerous shops, boutiques, and production facilities that made up the districts. This wasn't her first time in this district but Sibyl rarely went to this part of the city so even though this might be her fifth or sixth visit it still felt new to her. When Venusta asked if they should start she nodded. "Yes I think now we should begin."

“My father was a rather normal apothecary. What you would know now as a pharmacist. He enjoyed his work, and he taught me what he knew, but he did not know any Magic. He was quite surprised to learn I could use Magic. And well, twins do not always have to look alike. Twins are just born at the same time. He was found by someone else who raised him, and I did not know him until I was grown. He chose to learn different Magic from me...”

He paused when he noticed that the little girl was thinking about her own father. His eyes sparkled sympathetically, and he held her hand, squeezing it lightly. “I do not believe he would forget about such a sweet little girl,” he reassured her, though he had no way of knowing how or why he was gone. Changing the subject, he let go of her hand and nodded to her. “Now let’s see the Magic you’ve been practicing!” he cheerfully urged her.

He watched her pull-out the threads, and he observed the Magic which flowed up the strings and formed her beautiful birds. He watched her, interested as he listened to her speak about how she used her Magic. She was far more intelligent regarding such matters than most small children. He wondered how much her mother had been teaching her, and how much was natural ability as well. And as sweet and pleasant as she was, her strange aura remained, and grew stronger as she continued to use her Magic. Nevertheless, he kept his smile and clapped as he watched her Magic. “Bravo! Very good! I’m quite impressed. You’ve learned very well,” he praised her.

The fun stopped when Silva came back in the room. With a stern glare and a hand on her hip, she pulled control of the room back to her. Once again Ichiru felt tense and concerned. She spoke rudely to Lidia, which caused him to narrow his eyes toward her just slightly, but he stared as she told him that Ms. Ashwood wanted to see him now, rather than later. He nodded to her, and answered, “If she wishes to see me now, you may take me to her.” When she said she wanted to take Ellie back to where she was before, he waved and smiled to her once more, before he stood to wait in the lobby.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Store
"H-hey, Jonah, be a little more patient." Jules sighed as she finished putting on a dark green dress. To be honest, she was a bit embarrassed about highlighting her skin tone with such dark colors, and the green would bring even more attention to her eyes. But she didn't have any ideas for clothing in mind at the moment, and Jonah was so insistent this dress would complement her natural features well.

"I'm coming out." The doctor took a deep breath in and walked out, wearing the dress. "Well? I think it's pretty good."

"You look lovely! Wait until all the gentlemen see you." Jonah giggled.

Jules flushed. "It draws too much attention to my shoulders though...."

Konrad walked over and laughed. "What is it doggy? You got shy all of a sudden?"

"Perhaps you should stop talking before I rip your eyes out." Jules gave Konrad a dirty look.

"You're so harsh, sweetheart. But that's expected for your kind." Konrad frowned. "If only we weren't so naturally hostile..."

"Um-Well, Venusta offered to pay, so...maybe we should give these clothes to her?" Jonah asked Jules, trying to break out the conversation. He took the dress and smiled at them, then went to find Venusta. When he reached her, he showed her the garments. "Um...we can't afford these right now, but we will pay you back for the clothes as soon as we have the money." He offered.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:10 pm

Venusta

The young woman gave Sibyl a short bow when she complimented her on how the dress looked.

"Grazie," she told the Detective before the other group, the boy named Jonah and a woman whom she hadn't seen before but assumed was another companion of Sibyl's. She gave them a smile.

"Nessun problema," Venusta said with a hand gesture. "I will pay in full and there is no need for compensation."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Lumina

Sibyl took a few article of clothing that she felt match with her dress and after getting all of them set and letting Vensuta pay for them the group would walk out of the shop. "Well that was... something." the half elf could not call what happened in that building good. "I have a few errands I have to attend to before we go to the party. Let's all of us meet at Ashwood Tower at 7:00 PM." she told the group before she began to walk off, the half elf would disappear would vanish within the crowd of people in the district.

The half elf stepped out of the steam carriage that she paid to take her to her destination. She heard the clacking of her heels as she walked to the massive steel tower. The half elf stopped to gaze up at the monument that was Ashwood's wealth and power in the city. Though some also say the size was also made to compensate for her short stature. The base of the two was made using neoclassical design as pillars were seen from the entrance. As the steel tower structured upward Sibyl can see the top section having fly buttresses connecting the center tower with miniature towers surrounding it, each one having spires.

From the ledges of the building gargoyles peer down at the streets below, acting as unmoving eternal guardians out on a constant vigil for anyone who had any ill intent towards the people in the building. On the very top was the suite that Ashwood lived in. Besides the building being where Ashwood lived it was also an office tower for her company. "That building is huge." Sibyl heard as she look down at her daughter, the little half elf stared up at the tower at awe. She smiled at her. "Yeah. The lady who made it did it so she would feel like she was the tallest woman on the whole world." she told her daughter, the little girl being puzzled at the statement.

"That's weird. If she wanted to be tall she should have used magic to make her tall, not make a giant house." Sibyl let out a chuckle. "When you get to be at me age dear you will learn that even the smartest people can be irrational sometimes." she turn her sight back to the entrance and walked into the lobby. Holding on to her daughter's hand as they walked through the street.

The lobby was bright, shockingly so. Sibyl can see her and her daughter's reflection from the floor, ceiling and walls. She ignored the floral shaped lamps attached to marble pillars and the glass chandelier to walk to the young woman at the receptionists counter. The woman looked at Sibyl and Morgaine. "I take it you two are here for the party. Just step up to the elevator and press the button all the way on top." Sibyl thanked the woman as she went to the elevator.

Once the two enter the machine she reached up to press the button and sat on the bench that was left there as she waited for it to reach to the suite. The short trip would end she would find herself in a hallway with a large scarlet door with golden edges and door knobs. The half elves walked through the hallways and reach the door as Sibyl would open them and as the doors parted they both would hear music coming through.

Looking at the room Sibyl and Morgaine would marvel at the modern style of the room. They would see many people in the room in formal attire. While the humans were expected along with elves and gnomes the two manage to see dwarves, orcs, goblins, halflings, and other races.

Sibyl would walk around to look for the her group and to find the hostess of the party. Morgaine would also be looking around but she was more distracted by the new sights than looking for anyone or anything in particular. The detective held on to her daughter's hand tightly to make sure she didn't loss her daughter in the crowd.

Close to the large windows that showed off the other skyscrapers and airships flying around a few people were laughing at a joke. "I don't know how you can come up with those jokes Ms. Ashwood." Sibyl's ears perk up when she heard the name. "Practice. Even someone like me needs hobbies outside of her work." Sibyl would try to go through a few people in the crowd to get a good look at the woman she was meant to investigate.

"I see. Still I hope you don't mind telling me of this electric core that you mention before. I'm curious if your claim of it replacing steam cores has any truth." Sibyl heard a haughty snort. "Do I look like a snake oil's salewoman? When it comes to my products I tell nothing but the truth." Sibyl would excuse herself as she broke through to finally get a look at the woman who was speaking with a dwarf. Sibyl finally found the woman that was her current prime suspect, she found Alexandria Ashwood.

The woman had long wavy raven hair and a pale complexion. Those mixed with her gray eyes made her think she belonged to a region in Alba. a dark lavender cotton shawl with a white linen empire-style blouse underneath. She has a pearl studded black choker around her neck, ruby ear rings dangling from her ears, golden bracelets with sapphires at the top, bottoms, and sides around her wrists and two around her ankles. While her hands and elbow are covered by a black evening gloves she has a emerald ring on her right ring finger that is visible.

She wears a gray liten skirt that reaches above her knees with slits cut to the sides, revealing glimpses of her legs whenever she moves. She saw her legs covered by dark leggings and what was the bottom half of suspender belts close to her skirt. Her feet are covered by black low heel shoes. Both skirt and leggings form fitting as they accentuate her thighs and hips. The blouse has a small round bump on the stomach area, she either doesn't care about that or is unaware of that as she was grinning at the small bearded man.

"But as I told you, business can wait. For now just enjoy yourself." she told the dwarf as she took a sip from her wine glass. The dwarf agreed as he began to drink the glass mug of mead. The woman began to walk away from the dwarf. "Interesting attire. But she was always an odd one." the detective said. The detective would follow the woman as she walked to a both a human and elf who were talking, joining in their conversation.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Thu May 02, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:40 pm

The Party
Jules's eyes lit up as they arrived at the building. Never had she seen such a residence, so splendid and ornate and majestic. She had to be pushed along by Jonah and Konrad to keep from gawking for too long. The vampire didn't have much appreciation for aesthetics. In fact, he thought of the building as rather decadent and tacky. Konrad wrinkled his nose in distaste.

Jonah's reaction was minute. After all, coming from a well-off family, he was used to experiencing the lifestyles of Lumina's upper class. This was just another aristocrat being eccentric, it seemed.

They entered the lobby and followed the receptionist's instructions to take the elevator. The music played and the people socialized. What more can I say? Jules's and Jonah's first destination was the catering table, as both had not eaten a decent meal in a long time. Jonah let his mentor take a pick at the food first, a switch from their normal routine.

Konrad lacked hunger-his job as an odd-jobs-man provided enough for him to not go hungry. Instead, he sipped some tomato juice, lazily glancing too and fro at the partyers.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Iris Amcotts

Iris walked with his brother down the sidewalk of the city, both seeming rather out of place together. Iris was a black woman, in what wasn't really considered women's wear. She looked more akin to a bouncer, a black overcoat hiding her holstered revolver. Or the shotgun that was strapped to her back, which had also happened to be under her coat. Her hair was in a Western style cut, with the twist of having a strand of her hair dyed Grey. She had one hand in her left pocket, and the other extended into the hand of a little boy. He was around 4’3” in height, and was on the skinnier side. He wore a nice black suite, a simple black tie to go with it. Nice, big emerald eyes, along with red hair, he obediently followed the young woman on their way down the street. Soon, they came in view of the tall structure that was their destination.

“Holy shit, is that where the party is?” Timothy asked, his jaw dropping. Iris sighed, giving him a slight tap on the back of the head. “Use proper Alban when we get there. You don't know these people, so I don't want to hear any foul language out of you. You hear?” Iris told her brother, giving him “the look.” He nodded compliantly, before saying “And yes, that's the building. Good eye of you, Timothy.” She said, as the continued walking. “Strange thing, isn't it? Like it wants to be in Alba, be also be some modern building.” Timothy noted at the building as the approached the entrance, before she stopped him and began looking over Timothy.

“Now we're here early, so there might not be a lot going on initially. But when things do get started, I expect you to be on your best behavior.” Iris cautioned Timothy as she began checking his appearance for anything unusual, or out of place, and checking his hair. “I know. You know I combed my hair, you're acting like mom before one of her dinner parties.” He said, causing Iris to scoff. “I'm not like Rose. Besides, this is also a job for me. I might not have brought you if Rose and Dad hadn't had to step out so suddenly. I'd be more worried, but you look handsome right now. I just need you to behave.” she told him. “Yeah, well, I'm not the troublemaker.” He retorted. She laughed, nodding. “That is true. Alright love, let's go.”

Taking Timothy by the hand once more, they headed into the building lobby, only to a little dumbfounded by the light in the room. Though that wasn't a concern of theirs for long, as they made their way to the receptionist. The receptionist gave Iris an off look, as if something was strange about her. To her credit, there could be considered to be multiple strange things about her. “So, can I help you two with anything?” She asked, looking the two of them over. “I'm providing Security for a party that's going on here.” Iris responded. “I see. Well just head over to the Elevator, and press the top button.” She said. Iris nodded in thanks, while Timothy said “Thank you!”, giving her a friendly wave in goodbye. The receptionist reciprocated.

Outside the Elevator, Timothy looked at Iris wide eyed. “Can I press the buttons?” He asked. Smillig, she nodded. He proceeded to press the button with the upward facing arrow. They waited a minute, before finally the doors opened and they went inside. Before the door closed, someone else also stepped inside with them. “What floor?” Timothy asked the woman, who replied “The fourth, young man.” Complying, he pressed the fourth and the very top button before returning to Iris's side. They waited, elevator music playing, as bland as it was. The reached the fourth floor, giving their goodbyes to the woman who got off, before speeding to the top floor.

The door opened, and before Timothy could walk in head first, Iris grabbed him by the shoulder. “Stay where I can see you, and remember. Best behavior.” He nodded in a simple reply, before the two headed in. She had to admit. The parties Rose put on had nothing on what this place was doing. “How modernist.” Iris noted, as they headed inside to the area. As people began to arrive, she'd see her little brother begin looking around, doing his best not to bring too much attention to himself. Meanwhile Iris joined the other Security. An interesting bunch they were. The fact there were Orcs here was an interesting development in It's own. Of course not everything stood on it's own. There of course was the Elf, Humans, and “others” she'd be assisting with security. Taking her own position, she had two goals. Keeping security at the party, and babysitting her brother. No biggie, right?

Thanks party was in her mind, the dinner parties Rose held with Extra steps. She suppose she should feel honored to have the opportunity to do security here, considering the hostess was one of the richest people in the world from what she was told. Providing Security for had to do something for your resume, right? Though resumes aside, it was interesting to see how the elites gathered. Iris, she'd practically seen it all. How all the classes interacted in their own circles, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Then she looked at the other Security staff. From what she could tell, she was one of the youngest. Though things like age have never really inhibited her before, so why start now? Though for the most part, things were shaping up to be a boring night. And Frankly, she was relieved. Rose would actually kill her if anything bad happened with Timothy nearby. She didn't need more crap from that step mother of hers.

Then she got a glimpse of Alexandria Ashwood. From the looks, a very beautiful looking woman. She looked like she could be from southwestern Alba. If she was correct, she appeared mildly pregnant……..while drinking wine. Odd. However she wasn't here to judge her employer, but to do her job. She was on the clock, so best make the best use of that time. Again, she anticipated a rather uneventful night. She hoped her brother made something of it though.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse