NATION

PASSWORD

Metal on Metal [WW1 Steam/Diesel Punk]OOC(OPEN)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Clarcia wrote:
Well, I guess if you had some damn good rope and those blimps weren’t armored. I mean, t seems customary for this age to have blimps that protect their hydrogen from combustion. But, as long as you get the consent of the nation to support the rebellion.

I'd like to build some tanks:

A more French/British style of tank, known as the "Char d'artillerie" or CDA-1 for short.
Image


A more German style of a tank, known as the "Eisen Gewehr" or EG-1 for short.
Image


While the first tank/dog seems plausible as a point defense weapon, that massive moving fort tank seems a little too armoires, plus in case of a war, a zeppelin could easily bomb it to the ground.

User avatar
Serio
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Might I reserve the Netherlands for an application in the next few days?

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Serio wrote:Might I reserve the Netherlands for an application in the next few days?


Of course!

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1399
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Okay I'm back! What did I miss?
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks. Also, bit minor fantasy elements may be added.

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:Okay I'm back! What did I miss?


Check the Ic. Not much though. We have a few new players including the Swiss and Austria Hungary officially went to war while the Wbtwnte has mobilized.

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4750
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

NS Name: The Knockout Gun Gals
Nation Name: Empire of Japan
Informal Nation Name: Japan
Flag: Image
Faction: Neutral, Entente-leaning.
Leader: Emperor Taisho and Prime Minister Okuma Shigenobu
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Territory:

Image

Main Language: Japanese
Tech(steam or diesel): Steampunk
Historical army size: 380,000 active and 50,000 reserves, with over 220,000 National Army (sort of militia units, called for service only on self-defense of the homeland)
Historical navy size: 120,000 sailors
Machine ideas(not required):
Image


Though the picture was drawn with camel, the invention was first created in Japan as the answers for the cavalry deployment in Korea. With tanks not being the major invention until the end of WW1 and with armored cars unlikely to succeed with low infrastructure, Japan researched and developed the mechanized cavalry division. In practice, the cavalry are the mechanized cavalry powered by coal (as Japan has lots of it) and not oil (kinda hard to rely on foreign sources). The rider, on the other hand, is armed with rifles and use only normal clothes with gas mask to avoid the pollutions. Future developments had been planned to look for the use of cleaner and longer-period energy source, the advancement of armor to protect the riders, and the speed of the cavalry.

As of now, the mechanized cavalry has been a success. Fast-moving, comfortable aiming while riding on it, and armored rendering the use of normal ballistics from enemy useless. Weaknesses including the short-period of its use and riders armed only with normal military uniform and armed with rifles.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:NS Name: The Knockout Gun Gals
Nation Name: Empire of Japan
Informal Nation Name: Japan
Flag: (Image)
Faction: Neutral, Entente-leaning.
Leader: Emperor Taisho and Prime Minister Okuma Shigenobu
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Territory:


Main Language: Japanese
Tech(steam or diesel): Steampunk
Historical army size: 380,000 active and 50,000 reserves, with over 220,000 National Army (sort of militia units, called for service only on self-defense of the homeland)
Historical navy size: 120,000 sailors
Machine ideas(not required):

Though the picture was drawn with camel, the invention was first created in Japan as the answers for the cavalry deployment in Korea. With tanks not being the major invention until the end of WW1 and with armored cars unlikely to succeed with low infrastructure, Japan researched and developed the mechanized cavalry division. In practice, the cavalry are the mechanized cavalry powered by coal (as Japan has lots of it) and not oil (kinda hard to rely on foreign sources). The rider, on the other hand, is armed with rifles and use only normal clothes with gas mask to avoid the pollutions. Future developments had been planned to look for the use of cleaner and longer-period energy source, the advancement of armor to protect the riders, and the speed of the cavalry.

As of now, the mechanized cavalry has been a success. Fast-moving, comfortable aiming while riding on it, and armored rendering the use of normal ballistics from enemy useless. Weaknesses including the short-period of its use and riders armed only with normal military uniform and armed with rifles.


Accepted! Welcome to the crew!

User avatar
Valtrona
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 413
Founded: Nov 29, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Valtrona » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

So...who is Russia?

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Valtrona wrote:So...who is Russia?


It should be Jerno, but he hasn’t really posted much so idk what to do with him.

User avatar
Valtrona
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 413
Founded: Nov 29, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Valtrona » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Clarcia wrote:
Valtrona wrote:So...who is Russia?


It should be Jerno, but he hasn’t really posted much so idk what to do with him.

Russia is indeed very important to the chain of events. So....IDK.

User avatar
The neo glactic empire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 483
Founded: Aug 11, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The neo glactic empire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 pm

Where is the austrian player and german one
They are supposed to be the ones who declare war

I think we all are afraid of doing the first move
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4750
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 am

The neo glactic empire wrote:Where is the austrian player and german one
They are supposed to be the ones who declare war

I think we all are afraid of doing the first move


I'd like to do the first move of conquering Tsingtao (German-controlled) and German Pacific colonies like historical Japan did, but only after the war was declared.

Of course, I will ask for permission from the Entente so that they know of the situation.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Barapam
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Barapam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 am

The neo glactic empire wrote:Where is the austrian player and german one
They are supposed to be the ones who declare war

I think we all are afraid of doing the first move

Well, a surprise attack on Russia has been made, but without Russia and Germany that's hard to post anything more about.

User avatar
The neo glactic empire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 483
Founded: Aug 11, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The neo glactic empire » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:16 am

Barapam wrote:
The neo glactic empire wrote:Where is the austrian player and german one
They are supposed to be the ones who declare war

I think we all are afraid of doing the first move

Well, a surprise attack on Russia has been made, but without Russia and Germany that's hard to post anything more about.

I know they need to post something and the french player must declare war either him or the germans like IRL WW1
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.

User avatar
Serio
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:13 pm

NS Name: Serio
Nation Name: The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Informal Nation Name: Netherlands/Holland
Flag:Image
Faction: Neutral
Leader: Queen Wilhelmina and Prime Minister Pieter W.A. Cort van der Linden
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Territory: Historical borders of the Netherlands in Europe, Asia, Americas, and Africa during this period
Main Language: Dutch
Tech(steam or diesel): Diesel based technology
Historical army size: 200,000 men (mobilized)
Historical navy size: 91 ships (Larger ship numbers include, 7 Battleships, 4 Cruisers, 2 Submarines, 8 destroyers from what I can gather online)
Machine ideas(not required):

Dutch Industrial Equipment
In order to combat the smog from the rapidly growing diesel powered army corps the Dutch developed a powered respirator machine attached to the shoulders and mouth which draws in air and purifies it while ironically enough producing exhaust. This was designed to protect engineers and soldiers working with machines from respiratory illness and keep clean air flowing. In order to speak with one equipped, the user must flip the mouthpiece off
The Dutch army is also experimenting ceramic plates manufactured with increasing efficiency in the burgeoning diesel industry of the nation, inserting them into vests issued to soldiers to at least be able to survive a few direct hits with a rifle round before sizeable wounds occur.

Mobile Entrenching Walker
A mech with a heavy focus on entrenchment and construction
equipped with:
extremely powerful limbs
Arm attachments including massive spade, bucket similar to bulldozer or excavator, forklift arms, water pumps and tanks
Light armor to help movement when pushing or carrying masses of earth or supplies
Wide padded feet to assist in muddy Dutch fields

These mechs were often used to help build and maintain many of the Netherland’s famous dikes and canals, as well as serving a military purpose with the defensive army, allowing for a few men to do the jobs of hundreds without need for pack animals.

User avatar
Valtrona
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 413
Founded: Nov 29, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Valtrona » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Were waiting for Russia to escalate the war.

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Serio wrote:NS Name: Serio
Nation Name: The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Informal Nation Name: Netherlands/Holland
Flag:(Image)
Faction: Neutral
Leader: Queen Wilhelmina and Prime Minister Pieter W.A. Cort van der Linden
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Territory: Historical borders of the Netherlands in Europe, Asia, Americas, and Africa during this period
Main Language: Dutch
Tech(steam or diesel): Diesel based technology
Historical army size: 200,000 men (mobilized)
Historical navy size: 91 ships (Larger ship numbers include, 7 Battleships, 4 Cruisers, 2 Submarines, 8 destroyers from what I can gather online)
Machine ideas(not required):

Dutch Industrial Equipment
In order to combat the smog from the rapidly growing diesel powered army corps the Dutch developed a powered respirator machine attached to the shoulders and mouth which draws in air and purifies it while ironically enough producing exhaust. This was designed to protect engineers and soldiers working with machines from respiratory illness and keep clean air flowing. In order to speak with one equipped, the user must flip the mouthpiece off
The Dutch army is also experimenting ceramic plates manufactured with increasing efficiency in the burgeoning diesel industry of the nation, inserting them into vests issued to soldiers to at least be able to survive a few direct hits with a rifle round before sizeable wounds occur.

Mobile Entrenching Walker
A mech with a heavy focus on entrenchment and construction
equipped with:
extremely powerful limbs
Arm attachments including massive spade, bucket similar to bulldozer or excavator, forklift arms, water pumps and tanks
Light armor to help movement when pushing or carrying masses of earth or supplies
Wide padded feet to assist in muddy Dutch fields

These mechs were often used to help build and maintain many of the Netherland’s famous dikes and canals, as well as serving a military purpose with the defensive army, allowing for a few men to do the jobs of hundreds without need for pack animals.


Accepted!

User avatar
The neo glactic empire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 483
Founded: Aug 11, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The neo glactic empire » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am

Has russia been attacked?
If yes i well also declare war and attack it
Hopefully it well trigger the others
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 am

The neo glactic empire wrote:Has russia been attacked?
If yes i well also declare war and attack it
Hopefully it well trigger the others


I think Sweden might have secretly started an assault? I don’t know if he actually did though. I mean, someone will have to initiate a first stroke at this point. I might just shell Hamburg to start this off just to get the ball rolling.

User avatar
Barapam
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 am

Clarcia wrote:
The neo glactic empire wrote:Has russia been attacked?
If yes i well also declare war and attack it
Hopefully it well trigger the others


I think Sweden might have secretly started an assault? I don’t know if he actually did though. I mean, someone will have to initiate a first stroke at this point. I might just shell Hamburg to start this off just to get the ball rolling.

Germany launched an attack on Poland/Ukraine, and then I crossed the Finnish border, and set sail towards St Petersburg.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1011
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 am

Why is everyone trying to intentionally start war? Stop metagaming and act as though you are in the position of real leaders.
Is Homosexual.
IC name is the Second British Republic
This nation is just satire. I'm an anarcho-syndicalist IRL.
10.5: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
Literature and Philosophical Index: http://www.dichotomytests.com/results.h ... a=100&p=80
http://www.dichotomytests.com/results.h ... =52.5&s=80
MBTI: ENTP
PolitiScales: http://politiscales.la-commune.net/en_U ... 0&comp=100
B
Apartheid Supporters Click Here!

User avatar
Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 484
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Why is everyone trying to intentionally start war? Stop metagaming and act as though you are in the position of real leaders.


Well, the brits are threatened by the German high seas fleet. With the Austro Hungarian declaration on Serbia, the Russian response is evident. They will go to war and the Central Powers currently have affirmed in the RP that they support Russia. Britain knows that war is inevitable. So, a first strike on the High Seas Fleet could solidify at least temporary dominance over the North Sea when things really start going.

User avatar
Valtrona
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 413
Founded: Nov 29, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Valtrona » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Clarcia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Why is everyone trying to intentionally start war? Stop metagaming and act as though you are in the position of real leaders.


Well, the brits are threatened by the German high seas fleet. With the Austro Hungarian declaration on Serbia, the Russian response is evident. They will go to war and the Central Powers currently have affirmed in the RP that they support Russia. Britain knows that war is inevitable. So, a first strike on the High Seas Fleet could solidify at least temporary dominance over the North Sea when things really start going.

Plus whoever Russia is hasn’t posted anything so...

User avatar
Zexania
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zexania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:12 am

Is russia still open?
If not is spain available?

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4750
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 am

Zexania wrote:Is russia still open?
If not is spain available?


Our Russia player hasn't been active for few days now. I'm not OP or the staffs, but you can try make the app for Russia. We do need an active player and an active Russia.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dyelli Beybi, Kazarogkai, Salsacookia

Advertisement

Remove ads