NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Rekindled [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Are We Heroes: Rekindled [OOC]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:09 pm

The State of Things

Heroes and Villains- the quintessential struggle of good and evil, right and wrong vying for supremacy. Metahumans have been in the public eye since the early Fifties when the world saw overtly for the first time the extreme danger some of them could pose. These seemingly ordinary people with spectacular powers and abilities were thrust into the spotlight, but the St. Petersburg incident that revealed their existence was merely an indication of their growing numbers. If only it had been the virtuous that had been granted such power. However, those that chose to abuse their power became increasingly dangerous. Both the Police and Military, of any and every nation, were woefully under-equipped to deal with such adversaries. Heroes of a new caliber answered the call. They saved countless lives, but the battles wrought untold damage.

The World governments didn't stand idly by for long. Organizations were created to combat the 'meta threat' and calm a fearful general populace. Any and all metahumans were seen as a threat, even the heroes. For the greater part of the Sixties and Seventies they were hunted like animals. Noble heroes were forced underground while villains flourished, not fearing the same repercussions. More and more lives were lost, but a new movement was sparked. Called the 'Second Civil Rights Movement' or the 'M-Rights Movement' by some, This call for the rights of Metahumans gained significant traction in '79 and continued to burn throughout the early '80s. In 1984 the St. Petersburg Accords were proposed as groundbreaking legislation designed to give rights to non Homo Sapiens for the first time in history. It disbanded the organizations that persecuted Metas such as CADMUS in America and the UMTF in Europe. Furthermore, it allowed for the official sanctioning of Heroes under a new specialized agency of the UN: ARGUS. It would monitor superhuman activity, make sure they were still limited by a rule of law, but still allow them to combat villains that would otherwise be too much of a challenge for normal law enforcement.

Among these great heroes, one eventually stood out from the rest. Cypher rocked up on the superhero entirely unknown. He had gone to extreme lengths to hide his true identity which immediately sparked the interest of ARGUS and fans alike. Before long, he assembled a team which called themselves the Regents. It didn't take long for the other heroes, and more importantly the villains, to recognize Cypher's extraordinary effectiveness. His powers weren't flashy or immediately noticeable: he possessed superhuman intelligence, potent enough to comprehend things beyond that of anything else on Earth. The smartest man alive. With his aid, the hero teams were able to systematically eradicate several infamous organizations, chief among them, the Tarot who had claimed the lives of dozens of heroes over the years.

Cypher's renown reached its peak when an organization calling itself the Ouroboros attempted to destabilize several world governments. They made a grand demonstration, their success at hand. But Cypher showed his face and gave them an offer to stand down. They refused. In a single instant, before the first shot was fired, the entire Ouroboros was destroyed.

Global crime rates plummeted, especially those related to metahuman activities. Most heroes began to rest on their laurels, and some of the more seasoned ones to retire. Still, regardless of their apparent success, the cynical crime fighters knew that the Villains weren't done yet. With a drop in hero numbers, Cypher gathered leaders of the still strong teams and founded an academy and program to train young prospective heroes. They seek out the best and most promising young metahumans who have the highest potential to become heroes to take the place of the old guard.

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to AWH: Rekindled. It took me a while to get back around to it, but I have returned with another AWH iteration. In this RP you will play as a student (instructors will be reserved for co-ops, sorry) enrolled in the William J. Nantz Institution. You will be trained to be a hero, learning how to use your powers effectively and work on a team among other things. If you're returning to AWH, welcome back! This will be a timeline independent from past iterations, so please don't reference things from past threads. If this is your first time joining us in AWH, we're glad you're here and hope you have fun with this universe shaped by something like six or seven versions now, giving it a very rich world and cast of characters.

This will be an academy style RP, but we'll have several excursions into the world to also put this firmly in the superhuman genre.

The Institute

Named after William Nantz, a hero who fell in the line of duty under the name of Paladin. The School is located on an artificial Island which sits roughly fifty miles off the coast of Delaware. All students live in housing on the island, but students will regularly be sent on missions with established heroes for some more hands-on training.

Rules
  1. I, The Cyberiad Council, am the OP and my word will be the deciding factor in disputes should they come to the point of needing arbitration
  2. Respect the word of our co-ops who will be playing various students and instructors. Our 3 co-ops are Okayanos, Skyggeheim, and Valloria
  3. There is a discord so we can increase coordination for the plot and to aid in the writing in scenes heavy in dialogue or back and forth exchanges. You will receive a link to the discord in your telegrams after your application has been reviewed and accepted
  4. It is YOUR responsibility to be aware of the plot and what is happening ICly. If your post contradicts what has already been established, you will be required to edit your post to fit.
  5. It is YOUR responsibility to find things for your character to do. There will be bountiful opportunities for your characters, but getting them in there is your job, not mine or the Co-ops
  6. However, if you get your character involved in the action and your inactivity is holding things up, I as the OP and the other co-ops reserve the right to take control of your character temporarily
  7. See the Character Creation section for banned character elements and powers
  8. Play responsibly and realistically. Your character may have superpowers, but make them a believable character as much as you can. If you make a jerk character or have them do outrageous things, expect realistic consequences. If you take on a villain team full of killers on your own, expect to die.
  9. DO NOT godmod or metagame. Be aware of what your character can do with respect to other characters, and be aware of what your character can logically be aware of. If a tree falls in the forest, don't have your character know about it unless they were A) there, B) told about it, or C) have power that allow them to know about falling trees

Breaking and/or not being aware of the rules is grounds for your character being terminated and you being asked to leave the RP

Character Creation

Alright, now lets get on to the fun stuff. After talking with my Co-ops, we've come up with several things that we do and do not want to see in the RP. I am not going to enforce/suggest these things for no reason, granted some of them come down to personal preference but I promise I am not trying to take away your fun whatsoever. If you can't abide by the rules above or by what follows, I encourage you to look at the Multiverse community and either find somewhere that has what you're looking for or make your own space to include it. I do hope, however, that you decide to stick around here!

Powers: A very important element of superhuman rps is obviously the powers. In my experience in RPing, there are some powers that just really aren't fun to play against, or that unbalance things. I have also seen powers abused and twisted from their original interpretation. For that reason, I wanted to set aside this little portion to talk about them and help you understand what powers I will and won't accept for your character to have. The first banned power is Time Manipulation and similar abilities. If your character can stop time, there is literally nothing any other non-time manipulating character can do to stop you from killing pretty much everyone. So your character may not stop time, freeze time, slow time, accelerate time, or time travel either forward, backwards, or sideways (timeline hopping). The second banned power is super speed greater than 100 mph. Speedsters present much of the same complications that time manipulators can cause, namely the ability to kill other player characters before they have a chance to defend themselves sans metagaming or godmoding. The third banned power is precognition. This is only partially due to 'cogs ability to metagame with an IC excuse, but they can ruin plot twists (if the op allows them to by telling them what is going to happen) and/or they can state things and say 'well, my char has precog'. So I am going to avoid all that by banning precognition for player characters. The forth banned power is direct mind control and similar abilities that take control away from other players (note this is basically the general theme for the other banned powers; they take away other player's freedom or lessen it).

What I would like to see are more innovative abilities alongside the old classics. Try and be creative with your powers and abilities if you want, but don't make your character over powered. I'll talk more about balancing in the next section, but even if you say 'I won't abuse that power' I don't care: if your character has an ability that can be exploited to turn into something op, I won't allow it despite how many times you cross your heart and hope to die.
  • Time Manipulation
  • Super speed > 100 mph
  • Precognition
  • Mind control
  • Powers that remove player control in general

Weaknesses, Drawbacks, and Limitations: Balance is very important to ensure things are as fair as possible, and on that notion I want to talk about how to balance your character. Just so we're using like terms I want to define 'weakness' as something that your character has, either physical or mental, that could be exploited by another character to lower their effectiveness in combat. This means that 'being human' is not a weakness, so don't try to pull that as justification for having op powers. Your character does not necessarily have to have a weakness, but if that is the route you choose to go in an attempt to balance your character, there are some things to consider. Firstly, having something like a 'kryptonite' is not really a solid weakness. If its a really rare and obscure substance then how or why would other character's have it? And if its really common, how can you be effective at all? To top this off as a bad weakness, if it is a true analog to Superman's kryptonite, it would make your character basically useless if it is present. Try to have a weakness that is common enough to keep you from super saiyan, but that doesn't turn you into a weak kitten when exploited.

Drawbacks are another way to balance your character that instead of relying on external factors, focuses on ramifications of character powers. Possible drawbacks could include, but are not limited to, needing large caloric intakes or ways that using powers harm your character, like having flame powers that can still burn the user.

Limitations are hopefully self explanatory, but in short they are limits that you put on powers that could otherwise be overpowered. Some limits could be something like being able to fly, but only be able to fly carrying less than 50 lbs of extra weight. Keep these things in mind when making your character to increase the likelihood of your character being accepted.

Species: Sorry, I'm not allowing aliens or alien hybrids this time around.

Magic: For balancing purposes, you may not have 'magic' as an ability. Therefore, you cannot have a character that can cast spells. Why? Well, I feel that creates a character that is too much of a 'swiss army knife'. Now, magic CAN be an explanation for powers. that means you can shoot fireballs and call it magic instead of mutant human powers.

Tech: The tech level for this RP is strictly modern-tech. So if it isn't in current use it is not available to your character(that means experimental tech and prototype tech and theoretical tech is not allowed). The exception to this is having your character be a tinker-type specialized in a particular field of technology or science. This will count as an ability for your character to grant them access to this more advanced technology.
  • Nicole Brooks - Queen: Upgrades. Specializes in continually improving on previous designs.
  • Joseph Decker - Arsenal: Portability. Specializes in creating devices that are easily transported and deployed in the field.
  • Carlos Roy - Glow Plug: Nanotechnology. Specializes in creating microscopic machinery.
  • Dr. Kurtis Thatcher: Dimensional Tech. Specializes in devices that warp space and time.
  • Baraka Kitur - Vulcan: Reverse Engineering. Specializes in discerning the inner working of other devices and recreating them.
  • Randy Hale - Lancelot: Armour. Specializes in creating defensive alloys and plating.
  • Louis Maddox - Aeon: Time Machines. Specializes in creating devices that utilize time travel technology.
  • Heather Gross: Enhancement. Specializes in devices that boost the user's natural capabilities.
  • Iair Szabo - Visionary: Genetic Engineering. Specializes in creating specially bred organisms.
  • Jeremiah Crane - The Green Man: Synthetic Evolution. Specializes in inducing and guiding artificial evolution.
  • Dr. Henry Gordan: Biochemistry. Specializes in creating various types of proteins, mutagens, steroids, et cetera.
  • Carl Stephanson - Mastermind (Deceased): Neurotechnology. Specializes in brain scans, and devices that could control the minds of others.
  • Marvin Ludecke - The Repairman: Cybernetics. Specializes in prosthetic limbs and other machinery built into a human's body.
  • Angela Miralles - Gepetto: Artificial Humans. Specializes in artificially created people, whether they be mannequins, androids, or lab-grown tube babies.

Application
Code: Select all
[box]
[align=center][size=150][b]STUDENT FILE[/b][/size][/align]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (18-22)
[b]Year:[/b] (If you've not been in AWH before, I'm requiring you to be a 1st year, but returning players can be more advanced years up to year 3)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[floatright][spoiler=Appearance](place appearance description or image link here)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Suit or Transformation Appearance](place appearance description or image link here for suits or transformation abilities)[/spoiler][/floatright]

[b]Powers:[/b] (please list, do not just put links to superpower wiki)

[b]Drawbacks & Limitations:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (If applicable)

[b]Equipment and weapons:[/b] (please list, if applicable)

[hr][/hr]
[align=center][size=150]BACKGROUND[/size][/align]

[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[align=center][size=150]ADDITIONAL INFORMATION[/size][/align]

[b]Fears/Phobias:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] (additional languages, mechanical skills, etc)
[b]Theme:[/b]
[/box]
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Students

First Years

Second Years

Third Years

Fourth Years
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Academy Staff

Headmaster
Redacted | Cypher
  • Hyperintelligence
  • Hypercognition
  • Heighened Senses

Instructors
Edwin Hollands | Grey
  • Clairvoyance

Classes: Argus & Meta Law (1) | Int. Relations (3)

Andrew Giles | Vindicator
  • Super strength
  • Density Manipulation

Class: Team Training (1-4)

Joseph Decker | Arsenal
  • Mechanokinesis
  • Electrokinesis

Class: Combat Innovation (3)

Aubrey Wall | Nyx
  • Combat Mimicry
  • Enhanced Cognition

Class: Combat Training (1-3)

Christian Ortiz | Chitin
  • Living armor growth/manipulation
  • Enhanced Strength

Class: Power Training (1-4)

Iair Szabo | Visionary
  • Telekinesis
  • Biopathy

Class: Know your Enemy (1-4)

Drakus Wilsford
  • Grandmaster of Magic

Classes: Into to Magic (1) | Intermediate Magic (2) | Advanced Magic (4)
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Taggity tag

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm

TAG.

I want to but I might not have the free time.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Yee.

And I can not stress this enough.

HAW.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Tagged with pride.

Harambee.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Tag
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:39 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:
TAG.

I want to but I might not have the free time.

Well, thanks for stopping in either way

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Tag should have an app up soon
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Tag. Always liked this world.

Time may be of the essence, however. The next month is super busy for me.

I may make an app though. Always like making creative powered people.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:03 pm

tagerino and prepare yourself for the Princess of Pontchartrain.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Huh.

Well, I'm busy until the 4th/5th but apps may or may not spawn after then since I'm free until like January after that.

Also RIP The Tarot this timeline might be fucked.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Hol' up, waaaaaiiiiiitttt.

Didn't expect to see this back so soon.

But your resident designer is back.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:38 pm

An app. Finally done. I modified the fat inducement ability considerably. I await the OP's or Co-OP's comments.

STUDENT FILE

Name: Zeke Green
Alias: Frenchfry
Year: 2nd year

Basically, Zeke just covers over what he's wearing with white salt. Just for kicks, he throws on a black cape and simple black mask so he's not all white. Somehow, his eyes which are also armored over can see just as normal through the salt.

Powers:
  • Fat Inducement - Zeke's main ability is the power to create and amplify fat on other people. The range on this attack is up to 100 yards away. Zeke can only affect one target at a time. The target will get fatter, even though any costume or clothing will stay the same size. The effects of Zeke's ability increases over several rounds, with the following results for a normal strength person:
  1. 1st round - Target's fat increases to about a 25% additional increase. Target is hindered in normal motion. Attacking strength and speed is reduced to a quarter of the power.
  2. 2nd round - Target's fat increases to about a 50% additional increase. Target is severely hindered in normal motion. Attacking strength and speed is reduced more, maybe to about half the power. Some rips happen in costume / clothing unless specifically designed to stretch.
  3. 3rd round - Target's fat increases to about a 75% additional increase. Target is severely hindered in normal motion. Attacking strength and speed is greatly reduced to about 25% of normal. Costume / clothing rips and will take several time-extensive repairs, unless specifically designed to stretch.
  4. 4th round - Target's fat increases to about a 100% additional increase. Target is slowed down to a quarter of their normal strength and speed. Clothing / costuming is rendered completely useless, tearing into several shreds and is likely unrecoverable. Medical problems (e.g., heart disease; type 2 diabetes) may result if target is kept in this state for hours on end.
  5. 5th round - Target's fat increases to an astounding 125% additional increase. Target is slowed to a tenth of their normal speed and strength is reduced down to 10% of normal. Costuming / clothing is rendered worthless, even for goggles and head gear. Medical problems due to increased fat will result within an hour.
  6. 6th round - Target's fat increases to an overwhelming 175% additional increase. Target can only waddle about a meter every few minutes (or, if target prefers, can roll down a hill with much better speed, though getting back up would be a problem). Attacks are reduced to 5% or the normal efficacy. Medical problems due to increased fat will result within 30 minutes.

Round 1 can happen instantaneously.
Round 2 takes an additional minute after Rd. 1
Round 3 takes 3 more minutes after Rd. 2
Round 4 takes 3 more minutes after Rd. 3
Round 5 takes 3 more minutes after Rd. 4
Round 6 takes 3 more minutes after Rd. 5

One caveat remains. Characters who are stronger than normal will be able to carry the extra fat better, and will only begin being hindered in attacks a round after more normal people.

One more thing. Anyone Zeke makes fat, Zeke can restore. This takes about half as long as it takes to get fat. The only bad thing is if a target reached stage 5 or above. While that target will go back down to his / her body weight and original percentage between muscle and fat as before, their skin will be flabby and fold over in the places they used to be fat.

• Grease - Zeke is able to make weapons, steering wheels, sections of floors, ladder rungs, and a wide variety of other things slick and unusable. Swords, guns, shields, etc., turn in the hands of the targets - assuming they can hold on to them in the first place. Ladders can't be climbed. Cars can't be steered. Range is 100 yards, and manner of attack is an instantaneous slipperiness. Zeke can only affect one target at a time.
  • Salt Armor - Zeke can generate a thickened layer of salt roughly a foot around him, that acts as body armor. Resistant to physical / cutting attacks as well as sudden impacts. Though he would suffer from a car accident, it's more likely to be a bad bruise than a broken bone in armor. Susceptible to water attacks.
  • Peak Human Stamina - Zeke doesn't get tired out, even if he exerts himself for long periods of time.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
  • Fat inducement cannot be done to robots
  • Fat Inducement cannot be done to anyone out of range.
  • Only one target at a time can be affected. If Zeke induces fat on one target and gets interrupted, he can't just make the first target automatically fatter as soon as the time limit was up. He has to deal with the interruption, and then can go back to fat induction.
  • Targets made fat will not be immobile - even though they are greatly slowed down the more levels of induction they get.
  • Salt armor is not impervious to attacks. Zeke would feel handgun bullets and they would sting. Automatic rifle fire would take out sections of the salt and make gaps in the armor.
  • Just as salt dissolves in water, so Zeke's salt armor dissolves in water attacks, leaving him vulnerable.
  • Zeke has really no offensive power.

Weaknesses: Zeke is obese. He's slow. He needs special clothing you can't pick up in a store. He eats a lot. And he's generally lazy, too.

Equipment and weapons: An advanced cell phone. Anything else needed, he'll pick up at the academy.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: USA
Hometown: Cinncinnatti, Ohio

Personality: Funny. Loves jokes, humor, socializing, and having a good time. He's lazy, also. Lives by the mindset that he wants as much out of life with the least amount of effort to get it.

Bio: Born and raised in Cincinnatti, Ohio, Zeke Green always was the heavy kid. He's heard all the names. Being called names used to bother him, but he's gotten thick skin since. An extrovert, he thrives on being around other people and goes stir crazy if he has to be by himself.

Early in adolescence, Zeke was being picked on by bullies at school. In his mixture of fear and anger, Zeke's abilities blossomed. He was able to make his bullies just as fat as he himself was. Later, he learned how to control it and learned the different levels that his powers can induce. The grease and salt armor abilities came on several years later. With such a combination of powers, it was fitting for him to take the name "Frenchfry" as a hero name.

Instead of being recruited for college, Zeke worked at a paint factory at night for a year. During this time, he was recruited to go to the Nantz Academy. He quit his job, and is eager to get to be around people like himself - that is, people who have abilities.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Snakes.
Skills: Zeke did learn how to drive a semi. He also learned a little bit of Spanish - enough to make him dangerous.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Tagged, this time i might have a more passive character.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 am

Talchyon wrote:An app. WIP. Just for fun. How's this for unusual powers?

STUDENT FILE

Well, it's certainly unusual, but it falls under the banned powers. As they stand currently, other players have seemingly no way to avoid the power, and unless they take your character out of commission immediately run the risk of having their character rendered immobile. So it needs some tweaking for fat inducement if you want to keep it around.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:56 am

STUDENT FILE

Name: Marilyn Willow
Alias: Aegis
Year: 3rd Year

None here

Powers:
-Electric manipulation: Unlike normal humans who cannot withstand electricity flowing through their veins, Aegis is able to channel electricity through her veins and release it outwards. This allows her to either release electricity in a many methods.

The first method is to release it in a steady stream, usually unending in flow, something similar to Palpatine's force lightning. This is usually used for interrogations.

The second method is where she releases it in sharp, concentrated and fast shots similar to how lightning bolts strike except she's forcing it straight towards the enemy. This is used in order for her to maintain distance between her and the enemy, but is more effective in 1v1 combat and is her main striking form.

The third is for more mob like situations or if she needs to back them up. It involves her channeling majority of the combat electricity into one hand before smashing it to release a shockwave. This is usually done in last ditch situations since after this attack she needs to immediately bail or get killed due to the amount of energy used.

The fourth is a more direct confrontation style. This means that each hit and strike she deals onto an enemy will be electrically charged, i.e her punches now gives off shock. This is usually less draining as it's more defensive and relies on fast hit which does not drain too much of her energy. Oddly enough one can map out her motions as each move leaves behind a light glowing trail.

-In a more passive role she is able to conduct analysis of the battlefield either via field reports and live feedback or through a drone released. This usually takes the form of a specialized tablet that she carries around, usually folding out into 2 separate screens on each side if needed. This allows for her to analyse a battlefield at faster rates and serves almost as an adviser for what course of action to take. She relies more on field reports and communications to make her choice, although a small drone she carries along does help her in this.

-Using her electricity she can easily burn off any fats that may be induced within her, negating most side effects of weight gain simply by increasing the amount of electricity flowing through her./s

-As a tinkerer, her high IQ and skill allows her to create generators that have high output for small sizes, such as the one in her back, although this is to some degree a passive skill. This however allows her to fiddle around with generators to some degree.
Drawbacks & Limitations:
-Her electric manipulation won't work if there isn't a steady source nearby, and using internal flow will result possibly in her dying out due to lack of any more stimulation. As such she is usually a rear line combatant performing analysis.

-Even with full flow electricity she cannot engage in combat for an extended time, maximum record is 5 minutes before she began to burn out. This is due to the fact that her body isn't a generator but rather a convertor, meaning that excessive electricity will likewise kill her.

-Rain prevents her from taking action since using it might mean shocking everyone in the rain.

-Her analysis can be inaccurate if anything in the communication link goes wrong, and she can't fully analyse everything so she might not be able to provide full analysis.

-If an EMP hit, most of her powers would be disabled save for electric manipulation. Meaning that if she was acting as a rear line operator she would be neutralized.

Weaknesses: Due to her prosperity of going all out she can be knocked out in battle before a hit is even dealt onto her or her 5 minute limit runs out, meaning that she might kill herself by accident due to her gung-ho spirit.

Equipment and weapons:
-A power core is installed into her back, built around her back but at the same time partially supporting her spine. This is to generate additional electricity if needed but can only be activated and used for 5 minutes if she's using her 2nd form of lightning manipulation. When using the 3rd form she can only use the generator 5 times before she needs to wait for it to regenerate. Recharge can only be done when direct energy is channeled into it, but it will regenerate on it's own to maximum capacity after 10 hours. At the same time if she was hit by an electric shock it helps to absorb and contain the energy while reserving it for future usage. In the case that it overloads it would release a few shots through her back at random.

-An exoskeleton partially supports her, a somewhat thin frame attached to her back. This is to allow her to operate more efficiently in combat.

-A pair of specialty electricity conducting gloves, designed usually for combat at close quarters when her powers are activated it enhances the effect of all 4 forms but when deactivated serves as a sort of mix between knuckle dusters and boxing gloves.

-A tablet designed for her use in field analysis. This takes the form of a somewhat thick box, and on 1 screen is somewhat cumbersome. As such she usually prefers deploying it out in 3 screen mode to have it operate better.

-A small drone linked up to her tablet.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Chinese
Hometown: Shanghai

Personality: Usually reserved and more intent on doing her own work, Aegis spends most of her time either in training rooms, labs or in her own room working around and tinkering with her equipment. She rarely interacts with others and when talking to others prefers not to sustain a full conversation for more than a few sentences, each response is usually quite short unless she's close enough to the person to continue interaction with them.

Bio: The child of one of the rich triad families in China, as the age of the mob and gangs slowly began to fade out her family slowly became a mystery even to her. She lived in the luxury of blood cash, but did not know her family background and their connections from America to Sicily. At a young age she was recognized for one thing, and that was her intelligence. By the time she was roughly 12 she managed to put together a crude version of a power generator. It was basic and somewhat crude but it still managed to pump out incredible amounts of power, especially for its size.

By the time she was 16 she produced her first prototype of her working power generator installed into her body, which allowed for impressive output. Her powers were discovered when she managed to touch a live wire running through the generator with no consequences, only to blow out the lightbulb in the workshop after accidentally touching the switch. She experimented more with this power and eventually learned how to crudely manipulate lightning to her advantage. It was close to this time that she was singled out and sent to the academy to further both her powers in manipulation and intelligence. During her early years although she the generator she carried could push out enough power for her to be 'combat' ready, it was slightly bulky and restricted her movements.

After almost 3 years of training and lessons, she finally installed the first working generator into her body. It could push out large amounts of power but due to the limitations of even her powered body it could only sustain itself for a full 5 minutes of combat. On top of that she had mastered 4 forms of using it, she is currently set on path to becoming one of the brighter technology based students in the academy and does have a high recorded IQ.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Dying by her own hands.
Skills: Aegis has a skilled hand in mechanical engineering and has one of the highest recorded IQs and reaction speeds so far, although the latter only appears under electrically stimulated conditions. In order to support herself in combat she is also skilled in martial arts, which is deeply integrated into her fighting form with electricity.
Last edited by Higher Japan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:17 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Talchyon wrote:An app. WIP. Just for fun. How's this for unusual powers?

STUDENT FILE

Well, it's certainly unusual, but it falls under the banned powers. As they stand currently, other players have seemingly no way to avoid the power, and unless they take your character out of commission immediately run the risk of having their character rendered immobile. So it needs some tweaking for fat inducement if you want to keep it around.

Ok, that was unexpected.

Cy, it's not like Zeke can immobilize anyone right away with this. It takes three separate posts to set up (or three lengthy sections of a co-write). Meanwhile, if Zeke has to fight someone else, he can't just keep increasing the first person's fat. Likewise, Zeke can't do this to a group or to robots.

Next thing to consider:there's a lot of standard powers that do immobilize people. Ice can make a floor uncrossable. As well as barriers that take away movement. Fire in the right spot makes people unable to move if something is burning super hot. Last game, there was a physics manipulator who could stretch out the patch of land someone was on for miles and miles, so that they were always staying in the same spot no matter how far they moved.

And besides, it's not like Zeke has any offense right now that can take anyone else out.

I ask you to reconsider. If it's still no, I'll do something to Zeke, but I really won't understand how this character is OP.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 am

Does this mean Yigros is dead now?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 am

I wonder if I can do a technomancer style build
Or maybe a cursed hunter....ideas ideas ideas...

Of, and Taggity.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am

What's the age range of recruits?
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:42 am

Talchyon wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:

Ok, that was unexpected.

Cy, it's not like Zeke can immobilize anyone right away with this. It takes three separate posts to set up (or three lengthy sections of a co-write). Meanwhile, if Zeke has to fight someone else, he can't just keep increasing the first person's fat. Likewise, Zeke can't do this to a group or to robots.

Next thing to consider:there's a lot of standard powers that do immobilize people. Ice can make a floor uncrossable. As well as barriers that take away movement. Fire in the right spot makes people unable to move if something is burning super hot. Last game, there was a physics manipulator who could stretch out the patch of land someone was on for miles and miles, so that they were always staying in the same spot no matter how far they moved.

And besides, it's not like Zeke has any offense right now that can take anyone else out.

I ask you to reconsider. If it's still no, I'll do something to Zeke, but I really won't understand how this character is OP.

On the first point of contention: Using posts is a terrible way to judge time as there is no standard conversion between posts and IC time. It is incredibly variable. Also in this first point you alluded to the idea that he can only Target one person at a time, however, you didn't not explicitly stated that in the original app that I am aware of, and I did explicitly stated "So it needs some tweaking" which means it's not impossible for me to allow it.

To the second point: creating environmental hazards is not the same thing as a power directly causing a player to lose function of their character via immobilized in this case. An icy floor can be potentially dealt with by the player ACTING in response. But directly rendering a target immobile REMOVES the players ability to act without metagaming or godmoding. If you manage to reach stage 4 what is the other player going to do with their character after that unless they have a power that directly counters it (looking at you suspiciously, HJ)? You also reference past iterations which could possibly be the reason for new rules to exist, couy they not?

For the last two points together: If you render someone immobile there is likely not a need for superhuman offence in a 1 v 1 setting. And it isn't the fact that it's OP, but rather the fact that it violates the rules on banned powers.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:42 am

Parcia wrote:What's the age range of recruits?

It is stated in the app

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:43 am

Union Princes wrote:Does this mean Yigros is dead now?

No.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse