NATION

PASSWORD

Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 am

Announcements from the Kingdom of Dentali

Lumber Industry Loan Program- A loan program with an interest rate of 8% compared to an average rate of 12% and a 5 year deferment of first payment has been established. Any who wish to establish a saw mill are eligible for the loan program.

Industrial Immigration Program- For the next decade Skilled Craftsmen and Educated Individuals from foreign nations are eligible for a loan program to purchase land in Dentali with an interest rate of 8% compared to an average rate of 12% and a 5 year deferment of first payment.

Textile Investment Program- A loan program with an interest rate of 8% compared to an average rate of 12% and a 5 year deferment of first payment. Any who wish to set up water mills or production facilities geared towards production of linen, thread, flax and woolen cloth are eligible for the loan, as well as any wishing to start up or expand sheep herding in the more mountainous and less fertile land of Dentali.

Four-field crop rotation system- Over the next 10 years all farms in Dentali are required to switch from a two field crop rotation system to a four field crop rotation system. This system alternates between wheat, turnips, turnips and barley. Turnips and wheat can be grown in winter and pull up nutrients from a lower soil level, clover provides fodder for livestock and pulls nitrogen into the soil which fertilizes it and finally barley is a hardier grain which is many uses. This system will keep soil yields up while keeping livestock alive longer, giving more animal byproducts as well as meat and offspring.

Second son land program- For the next decade, sons of nobles who are not expected to inherit are granted 40 acres and a mule as their birthright. They are eligible for a loan program with an interest rate of 8% compared to an average rate of 12% and a 5 year deferment of first payment. Any who are granted land as a result of this program and suddenly are expected to inherit must sell the land granted by this program within 5 years or renounce the inheritance.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Lady Rhoella, High Priestess of the Church of Wolven
Oppermanson

Lady Rhoella sat in her chambers in a place near Oppermanor in the city of Oppermanson. She has been through so much.

As a child, she didn’t know who her parents were. She was just going around place to place trying to get by. And, she did this as a child.

The worst part were her visions. She would have visions of things, and then see them happen the next day. They were cool at first, but pretty soon things turned dark. She started being able to sense deaths to come and tragedies to come. This was too much for her, and was like torment.

Eventually, she found someone. The High Priest of the Wolven Church, a church not looked well upon by the Oppermenians at the time due to its association with the ElksPack “barbarians”. He saw her gift, and took her in when no one else would.

He taught her the ideals of Wolvenism, of the Great Wolf and the spirit world and the strength the Wolf provides, and he taught her how to draw on the strength of the Great Wolf and use her gifts to serve Him. He gave her meaning and purpose.

But then, some more petty Lords on the Oppermenian peninsula raided their home and had the High Priest brutally killed. She hated those who killed him, but she realized that it must’ve been for a reason.

And then, she saw it all. The endless possibilities in the future that could happen. All of them included her, but not him. It was meant to happen, and so he let it happen. And so, Rhoella convinces his murderers that she was useful. By succession rights, she was now High Priestess. She could serve them well and give them more legitimacy. So, they made her an advisor.

Eventually, she rose up the ranks and started serving the Opperman family. And now, she was serving Gregori Opperman who has gone off to Nos Wogan to swear fealty to Horcegus, and also to investigate corruption in Nosewagania. She knew what would end up happening. Sometimes, her gift really was a curse ...

But, that wasn’t of her concern right now. Her concern was protecting the Farkites, children of the Great Wolf chases by Nosewagania. Gregori had extended such compassion towards them and a good plan to hide them from Nosewagania. However, she suspected that wouldn’t be enough. It doesn’t take psychic abilities to see that. Nosewagania has the men and the time and resources to find them, and find them in the Oppermenian peninsula, the territories which preside under Oppermanson.

The Nosewaganians might find them eventually. She just wanted to protect them, her people, the children of the great spirit that she served. What could she do?

She could send them to the mountains ... she did that with ...

And then she remembered. That creature she found all those years ago ...

She had been trekking through the mountains with the Last King of Oppermanson, on a hunt and an exploration. There, she for a bit got separated from her group and witnessed something beautiful. Yrasdy ... a beautiful being she found deeper in the mountains. A dragon, the last known dragon to live on Kegyeleem. This made him quite a rare being. And, he was so gentle for the giant he was. He was so rare and so beautiful to her that she had to protect him. So, using the powers her god gave her, she casted an enchantment over that deep area of the mountain so that the path to Yrasdy could only reveal itself to those pure of heart and those least likely to harm him.

But now, she saw the beauty and rarity in the Farkites and she needed to protect her sherpherd’s flock. So, she decided to reach out to Yrasdy. Telepathically, she called out to him, asking for his help ...

Yrasdy ... this is Rhoella. I understand it has been long, much too long. But I need your help.
That day, our men were close to finding you. Had I not intervened, they would’ve found you and sought out to kill you and wipe out your kind for good. I could not let this happen, so I enchanted that area so the path to you could only be revealed to those pure of heart, those unlikely to harm you.
If not for me, you and your kind would be extinct. And, I made it my life’s mission to making sure no one found you. Now, I wasn’t intending to ask anything of you, but I’m afraid I have no choice.
The children of the god I serve, the Farkites, are being chased by Nosewagania. Just like you, they are a rarity and must be preserved. They are my people that I must protect.
I understand I shouldn’t be asking you this, but please: help me protect the Farkites. Rain fire on those who may harm them. Let them live in the enchanted mountains with you so they may live on the lands in peace. And more importantly, protect one of such wonders this world has left.
Please, Yrasdy, I call to you ...
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Nosewagania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nosewagania » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm

NOSEWAGANIA
EMPEROR HORCEGUS

The Royal Palace was a grand sight and the Emperor had a few letters sent in. "My liege, I have three messages for your grace." Roman Johanson explained, "One is from the Duke of Drazar."

"Really? What does this one want with me now? Give me the letter." the Emperor demanded. "From your forever loyal vassal Duke Edmond Bailey of the Duchy of Drazar." he repeated, "Ha! This one knows his manners as well as his place. Roman, pick up a pen and write on my word."

FROM THE GRAND EMPEROR, HORCEGUS II
To the servant of the Emperor, Duke Edmond Bailey of Drazar

My obedient vassal, your loyalty and respect are very much appreciated. Your request shall be allowed and you may intervene in the war for the glory of Nosewagania.
You shall bring glory to the empire without failure. Should you fail and bring disgrace to our empire then you shall be exiled as a traitor and replaced and crawling to Nos Wogan begging for mercy will get you nowhere. Should you succeed I shall applaud you and your duchy for their representation of Nosewaganian strength. If victory is achieved then your name shall go down as one of the greatest modern military minds in the empire and your duchy will be endorsed. Do not disappoint me, Bailey, and as always : Horizon be with You.

FROM THE GRAND EMPEROR HORCEGUS II

"What else is there?"

"The next two letters are also concerning the war. One from 'The Tsar' and the other from 'Baron Pollux'." Roman explained.

"These small letters do not impress me and clearly my greatness was not appreciated. Burn them both" Horcegus said coldly.
Regional Senator of Union of Queer Nations

Also this is Dyllonia

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm

While the war was happening in the rest of Tulivag, Timur Khan has slowly increased his power to the point of the Alliance being a de facto unified Khanate ruled by Timur.

He then decides to make this official. He declares that all member nations of the Alliance are now territories of the Khanate of Kharqorin. Though the rulers will still rule their lands, they will do so on behalf of Timur Khan. In practice, they will still have some autonomy, but the fact that they are swearing allegiance to Timur gives him much power.

Now that all of the Alliance's members are territories of his Khanate, he abolishes the Kharqorin Alliance and creates the South Tulivag Alliance. Now that he has control over the entire peninsula, he decides to stop being isolated, thinking that trade will enrich the country. Unlike the previous Kharqorin Alliance, the South Tulivag Alliance will include other realms in Tulivag and all will be of equal standing. Timur will not attempt to take power within them and it will be an economic alliance initially, though if it succeeds, it can be upgraded to a military alliance.

In the South Tulivag Alliance, all of the former member states of the Kharqorin Alliance will lose their representation, for they are now ruled by the Khan of Kharqorin and thus, he will represent them.

Knowing that Mersdon is prosperous from trade, he sends a pigeon to Carles de Gerona, carrying a letter which talks about the South Tulivag Alliance and invites Carinthia to join. It also has a letter addressed to Kharqorin's delegation, telling them that Timur has seized power and thus, isolation is not necessary anymore.

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 pm

The Prince received the pigeon during one of his innumerable late-night study sessions with his council. As he sipped the small chalice that held his cozily warm exotic 'kaffi' at his oaken desk, Carles' council discussed the note. After he finished his drink and a liveried attendant filled his cup again, the great bell of the Temple nearby rang one in the morning. He finished giving his assent to the Kharqorin deal of port exchanges, with one caveat: that the Carinthian port would be leased out to the Kharqorins for 99 years (renewable) and not given in perpetuity, and that there would be a fixed exchange rate for silk to Kharqorin silver/timber. Carles stood up from his desk and silenced the arguing crowd with a wave of his hand.
"Gentlemen, thank you all for being here. I believe that we've settled our invasion/blockade plan of Beaconia and our infiltration/destruction of the hostile Drazari regime nearby, but we need to get our beauty sleep and handle a few matters of state while we're here. I vote for joining the Khan's alliance, but not yet; we need to gain a few unique concessions that is necessary for our people's survival in mercantile matters. Our nation's pride is at stake here. On a similar note, it is time to conduct our vote. Please deposit your vote with the sergeant-at-arms in the corner."
It was three o'clock by the time the men and women finished discussing the merits and disadvantages of the innumerable issues put in front of them. When the council's doors opened under the watchful eyes and flame of the torches above and the guardsmen nearby, the pigeon, newly refreshed with barley and water and an affirmative note, was flying over the ocean back home.
---
The bandits continued bombarding the walls of Beacon with their trebuchets. By now, half the city and three-quarters of the walls were completely obliterated under the hail of heavy stones, Greek fire, and vicious close-quarters combat that had been visited upon it. As the remaining forces loyal to the baron guarded the walls, kept on their toes by a constant stream of skirmishes and probing attacks, an arrow was fired by an Okhrana assassin into the Baron's fortress-residence, breaking his bedroom window. The note read:
"Hello, fellow citizen Pollux.
We are the Free Brothers: men who swear no lealty (OOC: archaic spelling intended) to any feudal lord or oppressive mayor. We fight for ourselves and provide for ourselves; and we have just embarked on our most ambitious quest yet: the overthrow of you, dear sir. We have waited in the shadows, in the wings, waiting for our shot at helping the people by hastening your overthrow- and we will not throw it away. We tried negotiating with you, through the good offices of the Carinthian Principality from across the Seven Seas, but that failed, and you continue to oppress our fellow man in your realm. No more, we say; no more burdensome taxes, no more treachery visited by yourself and your henchmen upon the laborers of this land. You have stained your sword-arm with the blood of innocents. You shall pay for this.
As you know, all of your country has been overrun by the people's armies, and all that is left in the ruins of your 'town' are the oppressors who laid low the freedom fighters and civil activists of this land and your defenceless family. We've killed all of your magistrates and other officers who made the peasant and artisan alike toil under hellish conditions in the lands beyond your capital's walls. Now, with your fellow despot marching to try and vainly save your regime, I order you to step down and surrender your instrument and right to rule to the people, vested in me. If you do so, your family will be unharmed and you will be permitted to flee to a place of your choosing abroad, unmolested. If not, you- and every trace of your regime- will be wiped off the history books with a fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen before, and will never see again. You have twelve hours to comply. There will be no parleys- only unconditional surrender or death. If you do not respond positively before the deadline, we will be forced to put everyone in your town to the sword, and will enslave your family and torture you to death by spread-eagling your organs out in front of the Drazari forces. In addition, the might of our benevolent guarantors, the Carinthians, and the Sulikowskite freedom fighters, stand offshore with a fleet that will easily shatter yours like an ant under a boot and an army that is as large as the pre-liberation population of Beacon. Please, keep the safety of yourself, your family, and your loyal retainers in mind, and surrender/exile yourself. I look forwards to the news of your capitulation- or the sight of your miserable, swine-like death.
Ta."
- Pulkownik John Greene, Grand Consul of the People's Republican Army (1st Broadswords)

By this time, Carinthian-supplied mass-produced armor and arms began arriving via packet ship and covert means in rebel-supplied territory. By this time, anxious of the possible joyous greeting that might be given to Duke Bailey, the bandits had coalesced under the leadership of a small military council and had proclaimed a government for the people. Although this didn't get an entirely good greeting from the populace (perhaps rightfully so), it did solidify their support in the out of the way hamlets and farming communities that were so integral as hideouts for the bandits. Training began on the horsemen; led by the Exile mercenary horsemen, they began drilling with decent, iron-tipped great lances and bastard swords on the plains around Beacon. The pikemen and crossbowmen also received newer and better arms/armor; yet they still remained the weak point of the bandit army, mostly having been levied from the untrained peasant militias that had popped up around the nation during the raids.
However, 900 archers, led by the Carinthian 'advisory' force embedded with them, began training on a new, secretive weapon that would later revolutionize the medieval battlefield: the banecast Carinthian longbow.
---
In a show of force, 3,000 revolutionary soldiers (mostly nomadic archer cavalry) made small (but unfruitful) incursions into Drazari, and by extension, Nosewaganian, territory. Several villages nearby the border ended up being shot at and nearly torched, but the bandit force was always forced to retreat via some tactical blunder or another. Having alerted the Drazaris to their presence, the bandits dug in on the other side of the creek that formed the Barony's border with Drazar and waited for reinforcements.
Last edited by Mersdon on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Mersdon wrote:The Prince received the pigeon during one of his innumerable late-night study sessions with his council. As he sipped the small chalice that held his cozily warm exotic 'kaffi' at his oaken desk, Carles' council discussed the note. After he finished his drink and a liveried attendant filled his cup again, the great bell of the Temple nearby rang one in the morning. He finished giving his assent to the Kharqorin deal of port exchanges, with one caveat: that the Carinthian port would be leased out to the Kharqorins for 99 years (renewable) and not given in perpetuity, and that there would be a fixed exchange rate for silk to Kharqorin silver/timber. Carles stood up from his desk and silenced the arguing crowd with a wave of his hand.
"Gentlemen, thank you all for being here. I believe that we've settled our invasion/blockade plan of Beaconia and our infiltration/destruction of the hostile Drazari regime nearby, but we need to get our beauty sleep and handle a few matters of state while we're here. I vote for joining the Khan's alliance, but not yet; we need to gain a few unique concessions that is necessary for our people's survival in mercantile matters. Our nation's pride is at stake here. On a similar note, it is time to conduct our vote. Please deposit your vote with the sergeant-at-arms in the corner."
It was three o'clock by the time the men and women finished discussing the merits and disadvantages of the innumerable issues put in front of them. When the council's doors opened under the watchful eyes and flame of the torches above and the guardsmen nearby, the pigeon, newly refreshed with barley and water and an affirmative note, was flying over the ocean back home.
---
The bandits continued bombarding the walls of Beacon with their trebuchets. By now, half the city and three-quarters of the walls were completely obliterated under the hail of heavy stones, Greek fire, and vicious close-quarters combat that had been visited upon it. As the remaining forces loyal to the baron guarded the walls, kept on their toes by a constant stream of skirmishes and probing attacks, an arrow was fired by an Okhrana assassin into the Baron's fortress-residence, breaking his bedroom window. The note read:
"Hello, fellow citizen Pollux.
We are the Free Brothers: men who swear no lealty (OOC: archaic spelling intended) to any feudal lord or oppressive mayor. We fight for ourselves and provide for ourselves; and we have just embarked on our most ambitious quest yet: the overthrow of you, dear sir. We have waited in the shadows, in the wings, waiting for our shot at helping the people by hastening your overthrow- and we will not throw it away. We tried negotiating with you, through the good offices of the Carinthian Principality from across the Seven Seas, but that failed, and you continue to oppress our fellow man in your realm. No more, we say; no more burdensome taxes, no more treachery visited by yourself and your henchmen upon the laborers of this land. You have stained your sword-arm with the blood of innocents. You shall pay for this.
As you know, all of your country has been overrun by the people's armies, and all that is left in the ruins of your 'town' are the oppressors who laid low the freedom fighters and civil activists of this land and your defenceless family. We've killed all of your magistrates and other officers who made the peasant and artisan alike toil under hellish conditions in the lands beyond your capital's walls. Now, with your fellow despot marching to try and vainly save your regime, I order you to step down and surrender your instrument and right to rule to the people, vested in me. If you do so, your family will be unharmed and you will be permitted to flee to a place of your choosing abroad, unmolested. If not, you- and every trace of your regime- will be wiped off the history books with a fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen before, and will never see again. You have twelve hours to comply. There will be no parleys- only unconditional surrender or death. If you do not respond positively before the deadline, we will be forced to put everyone in your town to the sword, and will enslave your family and torture you to death by spread-eagling your organs out in front of the Drazari forces. In addition, the might of our benevolent guarantors, the Carinthians, and the Sulikowskite freedom fighters, stand offshore with a fleet that will easily shatter yours like an ant under a boot and an army that is as large as the pre-liberation population of Beacon. Please, keep the safety of yourself, your family, and your loyal retainers in mind, and surrender/exile yourself. I look forwards to the news of your capitulation- or the sight of your miserable, swine-like death.
Ta."
- Pulkownik John Greene, Grand Consul of the People's Republican Army (1st Broadswords)

By this time, Carinthian-supplied mass-produced armor and arms began arriving via packet ship and covert means in rebel-supplied territory. By this time, anxious of the possible joyous greeting that might be given to Duke Bailey, the bandits had coalesced under the leadership of a small military council and had proclaimed a government for the people. Although this didn't get an entirely good greeting from the populace (perhaps rightfully so), it did solidify their support in the out of the way hamlets and farming communities that were so integral as hideouts for the bandits. Training began on the horsemen; led by the Exile mercenary horsemen, they began drilling with decent, iron-tipped great lances and bastard swords on the plains around Beacon. The pikemen and crossbowmen also received newer and better arms/armor; yet they still remained the weak point of the bandit army, mostly having been levied from the untrained peasant militias that had popped up around the nation during the raids.
However, 900 archers, led by the Carinthian 'advisory' force embedded with them, began training on a new, secretive weapon that would later revolutionize the medieval battlefield: the banecast Carinthian longbow.
---
In a show of force, 3,000 revolutionary soldiers (mostly nomadic archer cavalry) made small (but unfruitful) incursions into Drazari, and by extension, Nosewaganian, territory. Several villages nearby the border ended up being shot at and nearly torched, but the bandit force was always forced to retreat via some tactical blunder or another. Having alerted the Drazaris to their presence, the bandits dug in on the other side of the creek that formed the Barony's border with Drazar and waited for reinforcements.

The Kharqorin delegation is happy about the deal and the way the meeting progressed. Regarding the caveat, they state that the Carinthian port will also be under a similar renewable lease agreement, though it will be fair to the Carinthians. The delegation suggests a silk/timber exchange rate of [insert a fair exchange rate] but states that at the moment, Kharqorin is not yet ready to trade silver, though if the Kharqorin silver becomes lucrative, they will trade the silver with Carinthia in return for other products.

The delegation is joyful that they could find common interests with the Carinthians. Kai Vieri gets some scrolls so he can exchange geography information with the Carinthians, while the delegation is cordial towards the Carinthians.

Deep inside though, the delegation is greatly disturbed, not by any actions of Carinthia, but by those of Timur Khan, for he annexed all of the member countries in the Kharqorin Alliance. The delegation had representatives from all of the member nations, and all of them did not desire for their homelands to be annexed. Even Kai, a Kharqorin native, secretly opposes Timur Khan's annexation of the countries.
---
Timur Khan received the Carinthian note, affirming that they wish to join the South Tulivag Alliance. Timur then tries to think of a good meeting place for the South Tulivag Alliance. Upon looking at a map, he remembers a small island named Isaiah Adashi. The island is notorious for legends of small beings which behave like people but are of short stature and do not even look like living beings. A traveller who was stranded on the island for a few days reported meeting those small beings, who were lead by a man named Isaiah. Nobody believed him, but the island was still named after Isaiah.

Timur does not believe the legend and thinks the island is a great temporary meeting place for the South Tulivag Alliance due to its easily defendible terrain and position and its proximity to Kharqorin and the Carinthian islands South of Kharqorin. He sends a letter via pigeon asking the Carinthians' opinion of where the first meeting should be. He says that it would be ideal to have it in a neutral location, so he suggests that the first meeting be held in Isaiah Adashi.

Meanwhile, the campaign to annex all of the member states of the Alliance is ongoing, as there is much resistance, particularly in the Northern areas far away from Kharqorin proper.
---
Simeon Dahrozi, the reclusive magician hiding in a mountain tucked away in the central mountains, realizes that if he just sits there and and constrains his powers in an attempt to prevent harm, he will also prevent himself from helping the world. He decides to openly use his powers, but for the greater good of Kegyeleem. Even though he is the Alliance's best magician, his powers have weakened considerably and he needs to retrain himself.

The magician casts a spell on the monastery and the surrounding area so no one can discover it. He then descends from the mountain and starts a long trek towards Kharqorin City.

Drazar
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Drazar » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Duke Edmond Bailey

As Edmond read the response he was both happy that Horcegus was allowing him to act but frustrated that he had to answer to and obey him. But if he succeeded here that would strengthen Drazar and may allow them to gain allies that could aid them in their attempts to gain Independence. He quickly wrote a letter back to Horcegus reading.

To Emperor Horcegus II of the Nosewaganian empire
I thank you your grace for your wise decision. I shall not let you down in this noble and just intervention. Me and my men will crush these bandits with extreme efficiency for the glory Nosewaganian.
From your forever loyal vassal Duke Edmond Bailey of the Duchy of Drazar

The army to the news of the bandit incursions the army moved quickly to where the bandits were camped out the creek at the Beconian border and had his forces set up camp on the other side.

Yrasdy
The mountains were calm as Yrasdy traversed the mountains his scales shining under the sun. He sat down on a rock to rest when he heard something in his head. He instantly knew what it was, a telepathic message from Lady Rhoella the women who had saved so many years ago. She was asking for him to aid her people from oppression from the Nosewaganians. Yrasdy knew he had to aid her. She had aided him saving him and subsequently his species from destruction and besides he did not care about these Nosewaganians and their empire. Their empire was not unique and would fall one day so why should he fear them. He would aid her people and sent a message back.

Rhoella I have heard your call for aid for your people. I will gladly help you and your people as you did for me so long ago. Send them to the mountains where I reside to live there and any looking to due them harm shall be incinerated or crushed if they go through with their attempt on harming your pepole. Rhoella I shall help you as best that I may.
Last edited by Drazar on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Raznakova
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:41 pm

The Raznakovan mercenaries see the Drazarian troops set up camp. Wanting to try and remove these troops peacfully, an Okhrana assassin slips into the camp in the dead of night, sneaks into the tent of the armies general, and pins a note to his desk with a night. The assassin then slips away and disappears into the night. The note reads.

General, we understand that you have your orders but unless you wish for us to massacre your men, you will leave immediatly. You have 24 hours. If you and your men are not gone by that time, then the next assassin we send into your camp will not be there to deliver a note.
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm

OOC: Placeholder for now; will edit post when I have time
IC: Hearing no response, the now-fortified bandit camp launches an assault on the Drazari camp. 2,000 halberdiers/pikemen and 500 longbowmen hide and wait among the night-darkened stream and its marshes while 500 mounted bandits gallop full speed into the camp, attacking the guards on duty and torching the tents inside.

The Prince tried his best to calm down his exiled delegation, offering them the chance to set up governments-in-exile in Aetoria and asylum for their families. While his cabinet and chief diplomats conversed with the Kharqorins, Carles sent back his reply; he thought that the first meeting should be in Aetoria, and then the annual meetings could switch back and forth between the two capitals. He did think that Isaiah’s island would be a prime location for the center of the the alliance; perhaps the same functions, such as treaty signings, calls to arms, and high-level meetings could be held there after new nations joined the pact. Carles then sent his herald, of bandit lore to Grenadier Square (the army HQ) and Admiralty House (the naval HQ), ordering them to prepare the Lady Luck, five other galleons, and their 660 marines for a trip to the Kharqorin lands, many days’ sail away.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:56 pm

OOC: I will post later when I have time.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Lady Rhoella, High Priestess of the Church of Wolven
Oppermanson

Lady Rhoella receives the response back from Yrasdy telepathically. She is grateful. Yrasdy will protect the Farkites and allow the Great Wolf's people to carry on.

Now, she just had to move them to the mountains with Yrasdy without being followed or seen, which would be hard. With her powers, she could sense the Raznakovan spies Oppermanson was crawling with. She would have to most likely use magic. Or, maybe try to trick the spies and beat them at their own game.

Lord Matthew Opperman, heir to Grand Duke Gregori of Oppermanson
Oppermanor, Oppermanson

Matthew sat on his father's seat in Oppermanor, surprised it has happened so soon. He never would've thought that he would be where he is now, not for at least a few more decades when his father would be put to rest. But, no. That's not what happened.

His father has gone off on a trip to Nos Wogan, the Nosewaganian capital, in the Empire's mainland. All Matthew got from his father was that it was to "swear fealty to the rightful Emperor and King Horcegus the Second". He could tell, though, that something else was going on anyway. Gregori had been so strange when he left, like it would be the last Matthew would see of Gregori.

Matthew didn't know what his lord father was doing, but he did know that he did not like his father going to Nos Wogan. He's never trusted Nosewagania from a young age. As a child, Matthew was taught by his father and grandfather about their history and especially their fealty to Nosewagania. That Horcegus is their one true King and Emperor. However, Matthew held different views.

The Nosewaganians don't have any connections to Oppermenia. The people of the Oppermenian peninsula developed separately and differently from Nosewagania for hundreds of years, Oppermenians descended from the Third Men tribes and the Nosewaganians from the Nos Wogans, respectively. The Nosewaganians knew nothing of the Great Wolf and the Grand One, or great Oppermenian historical figures like Opperman the Conquerer or Stein the Betrayer.

Nosewagania and Oppermenia were too different and unconnected. And so Matthew felt that Horcegus had no claim to the throne because of this. Well, except for the swords and the ships. That sure got him a crown. But Matthew's view, even in spite of his father's and grandfather's teachings, was that the Nosewaganians just came in with their ships and their swords and took land that they had no right to, that they stole the lands on the Oppermenian peninsula from Oppermenians.

Yes, Matthew sure had different views from his fellow Oppermenians. So, he was always wary of Nosewaganians. And now, his father has gone straight to Nos Wogan to bend his knee rather than do it in Oppermanson. He didn't trust Horcegus, so whatever his father was really there to do, he hoped it wouldn't get in the way of Horcegus.

But now, Matthew sat on the seat of the Grand Duke in his father's place as Lord Regent of Oppermanson until Gregori is to return. So, it was his time to lead. He is going to have to be strong for his family, his people, and his realm.

Lindir Allandor, one of the last Light Elves
The Elven Peninsula, Nosewaganian territory

A man sat in the tavern, at the counter, drinking some ale. "Well, Edd, what brings 'ya back?" the tavern worker asked the man. "Haven't seen 'ya in years."

"O, it's just a scout through, 'ya know. On Nosewaganian orders, see how we're keepin' the territory."

"Well, then, in that case, I should pour 'ya the special. None of that aley stuff." He began walking off. "Don't get too crazy, now."

Then, the tavern doors opened. A hooded figure came in with a strange looking staff and sat down at the counter next to Edd.

"Umm, mayya help 'ya, mate?" Edd asked. The figure answered.

"No, the time for that is long past," the figure answered.

"O, so 'ya do talk? Say, hat brings you here?"

"To reconnect with my past."

"O, that's always nice. ... So what's your name? My name is -"

" … Edd. I know."

" … Wait, how did 'ya know that?" The figure didn't answer. "Who are you?"

The figure then lifted his hood, revealing his pale skin, pointed ears, blond hair, and those elven eyes. "Does this give you enough of a clue?"

"You … you're a light elf! I thought I had gotten rid of them all!"

"You thought wrong, Edd. There aren't as many of us anymore for sure, but we still exist. You wanted to know my name, Edd? Well, here it is: Lindir Allandor."

"Hey, I remember you! You were the boy, the son of those Enzes."

"That's right. Neddar Allandor and Jaonn Allandor. And their deaths are about to be avenged."

" I wouldn't be so daring, that's what cost 'ya parents their lives." Men all around the tavern got up, readying their fists around Lindir. He smiled. This is going to be fun, he thought.

He took out his staff, and knocked one man down as he was about to punch him from behind. One charged him. With his staff, he used the momentum to flip the man. Lindir charged another man, ramming him with the staff. He sensed another man behind him, so he hit him with the other end of the staff, sending the man flying. He sensed some of them getting up, and some of the last of them getting ready to throw themselves at him. So, he called to the staff. And then, he stomped his staff onto the ground, and the staff lit up with white bright light, sending energy in all directions a knocking the men back and incapacitationg them.

He walked over to Edd who was now scared, crying like a baby. "No! Please don't!"

Lindir pointed his staff at Edd, charging it up with light energy. "What do 'ya want?" asked Edd.

"I want the Nosewaganians to pay for the scourge of my people." A blinding white light erupted from the staff, and Edd was no more.
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:08 am

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Grand Duke Gregori Opperman of Oppermanson
The Northwestern Nosewaganian Coast

Gregori dreamt a good dream. His father was alive, and the entire Opperman family ate at the dinner table, breaking bread and salt with wine to wash it down. It was perfect. However, it grew grim.

His father Nikel all of a sudden started choking, foam spilling from his mouth. Gregori was distressed, trying to help his father, but it was no use. The foam spilled over his father, drowning him and burning the body like acid. Tears ran down Gregori’s face. He heard laughing, not just laughing but cackling laughter. He looked behind him, seeing Horcegus II, Emperor of Nosewagania and King of Oppermanson sitting on his throne. He was confused.

And when he looked back at where his father’s body had been, he saw his own body, dead and covered in blood. He screamed; he didn’t want this, he didn’t want to be Grand Duke, he just wanted his father back and his life back, he just wanted to wake up!

Gasping, Gregori woke from the bad dream as he felt the boat rocking. As soon as it settled, his protector Ser Almor came into Gregori’s chambers in the boat.

Ser Almor was never of noble blood. Almor had been of commoner blood, but he was a good man who was also headstrong, and so former Grand Duke Nikel Opperman has trusted him. Almor had saved Nukel’s life so long ago, so Nikel awarded Almor with knighthood, making him the Protector of the Grand Duke, and also gave him the promise of a lordship one day. He was faithful to any mone of House Opperman since. When Gregori decided to go down to Nos Wogan, Ser Almor just insisted on going with him to be his sword and his shield.

“Ser Almor, what was that?” Gregori asked as Almor entered the room.

“Your Grace, we’ve arrived,” the knight replied.

“We have?”

Ser Almor nodded. “We’ve landed on the Nosewaganian coast. We have a long way to Nos Wogan, but we’re on the mainland.”

“Well ...”

“Your Grace, shall we make arrangements for you to stay before we make way for the capital?”

“ ... Why, why yes, Ser. We are near Dyllonia. How about we go on to Dyllongrad and spend a couple of nights there?”

“As you wish, Your Grace.”

Ser Almor went to write a letter to Lord Dyllonus of Dyllonia asking if they could stay in Dyllongrad for a few nights before they make way for Nos Wogan. He sent the letter to Dyllongrad by raven.

Gregori sighed. So it begins, he thought.
Don't underestimate us.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 pm

DYLLONUS OF DYLLONIA
DYLLONGRAD

Dyllonus Manor was silent as usual. Dyllonus never minded it, he liked the quiet. It gave him more time to ponder the future for the supposed fall of Nosewagania. But even Dyllonus never took himself serious on the thought.

In the open window flew a raven black as night. The ebony bird dropped a letter on the ground before him and stood perched upon a bust of Polaris Felisten, god of government, law, war, and mankind.

"Nevermore," Dyllonus said allowed at the sight but was unsure why. He lifted the letter and read it carefully. "Gregori Oppermen wishes to stay in Dyllongrad?"

"Oh really now?" asked Ghandius, chosen heir to the Dyllonic throne who had paid Dyllonus a visit, "We haven't had much contact with the Oppermenian Peninsula ever since Sakatia regretfully fell. This should be an excellent chance to reach out to them."

Dyllonus nodded, "I will write to them and tell them to enter the city whenever they can. I will send Emiriat out to greet them."

He wrote a letter, not a long one or particularly grand one but made it clear that entry was granted. He handed the letter to the raven. "I assume you know what to do, little bird."
Captain of The Devils Castle

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Somewhere between the Nosewaganian Coast and Dyllonia

Gregori sat in his tent in their small makeshift encampment. Ser Almor walked in. "Your Grace, we have found a tavern whose owner is willing to serve us and our men."

"Is that so? All fifteen of us?"

"Yes, Your Grace, they said they don't get much business, let alone a noble host."

"That's good. Have fun."

"You will not be joining us?"

"My apologies, my good knight. I haven't a good appetite lately."

" ... Your Grace, your father was a great man. Better than I have ever known."

"Aye, and he thought the same of you, I presume."

"Aye, well … But, Your Grace, my point is … Your father would not wish for you to be cutting yourself off. He would want you to carry on with your life, and make way for the wonderful future ahead of you."

"How kind of you, Ser Almor, to try and lighten my mood. But I am in no position to talk of my father this way. The best thing you will do for me and for yourself is if you keep any sympathy, solace, or thoughts of my father to yourself."

"As … as you wish, Your Grace."

"Thank you... I will, however, join you in the tavern." Gregori smiled at Almor, and the smile was returned.

Then, one of the men came into the tent. "I'm sorry, Your Grace. Good Ser."

"Apologies accepted."

"Gingy, what is the meaning of this?" asked Almor.

"We just received a raven back from Dyllongrad. Lord Dyllonus himself wrote that we may stay in Dyllongrad on our voyage, and we may go into the city whenever we can."

"Well, it seems we have a place to stay," said Almor.

"That indeed. Thank you for the news, I now give you leave."

"Thank you, Your Grace." Gingy walked out of the tent.

Gregori seemed out of it as he was thinking. "Is something wrong, Your Grace?" Ser Almor asked him.

"Ser Almor, there is something you must know that only a select few know. We are housing the Farkites within our borders, protecting them from Nosewagania."

"Really? But they are enemies of the Nosewaganian crown and realm."

"Yes, this is true. But do you know why that is? They are enemies of the state simply because they worship the Great Wolf and don't wish to worship the Horizonist gods. While we worship the Great Wolf freely in Oppermenia. They declared these people enemies of the state solely because of their religion and keeping much of the details from their people. And then, they tried to get rid of these peaceful people through violence."

"Your Grace …"

"Ser Almor, I can trust you. You see, I believe there is corruption in the Nosewaganian government. I do not know who is behind it. However, I am going to Nos Wogan, and it is there that I intend to find out."

"Your Grace, this is bigger than all of us. You know that."

"Yes, I do. But we mustn't worry about that now. Right now, we eat sandwiches and drink ale to wash it down. And then, we shall go to Dyllongrad to stay."

"As you wish."

And so they went to the tavern with all their fifteen men and drank ale and ate fresh sandwiches. They feasted together, drank together, and enjoyed each other. The moment this was done, they were off. They went to Dyllongrad.
Don't underestimate us.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:08 pm

DYLLONGRAD
EMIRIAT

Emiriat sat atop the walls of Dyllongrad awaiting the Oppermenian company to arrive. He held a stone and began sharpening the tip of his spear. He always dreamed that one day it shall be covered in the blood of Ulysses.

"A fine day isn't it, Emiriat?" spoke a voice behind the warrior. Emiriat turned his head to find his good friend, Bastrict.

"Oh, hello Bastrict. How is the life of a warrior suiting you?" he spoke, Bastrict was a poet but joined in the ranks of the Dyllonic Military mostly for educational purposes and finding new ideas on his works.

"Well. The training is a little rough but inspiring nevertheless. Commander Barbara giving you guard duty on the gate? You didn't piss her off or anything did you?"

"Oh no, Dyllonus instructed that I await to greet a convoy led by Gregori Oppermen." Emiriat explained.

"Oh really? Guess it's time to connect with the other vassals of the empire. I'll leave you to your post. Horizon be with you, Emiriat"

"Horizon be with you too, Bastrict" Emiritat nodded. After a few more minutes of tending to his spear he finally found fifteen noble looking figures approaching the gate to Dyllongrad. He assumed this was the guests they had anticipated, but halted them regardless. "Hold! Who are you and what is your purpose?"

Silent and resigned
To put you from my mind

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Grand Duke Gregori of Oppermanson
Just outside Dyllongrad

Their host was arriving toward Dyllongrad. It was no trouble until they came across a man who was halting them. Ser Almor stepped up to speak for the host to the man.

“Hello, I am Ser Almor, sworn knight of Oppermanson and Protector of the Grand Duke. We come with our host, accompanying Grand Duke Gregori on his voyage to Nos Wogan. We have come to Dyllongrad to stay and rest for a brief period until we can continue our trek.”
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Mersdon wrote:The Prince tried his best to calm down his exiled delegation, offering them the chance to set up governments-in-exile in Aetoria and asylum for their families. While his cabinet and chief diplomats conversed with the Kharqorins, Carles sent back his reply; he thought that the first meeting should be in Aetoria, and then the annual meetings could switch back and forth between the two capitals. He did think that Isaiah’s island would be a prime location for the center of the the alliance; perhaps the same functions, such as treaty signings, calls to arms, and high-level meetings could be held there after new nations joined the pact. Carles then sent his herald, of bandit lore to Grenadier Square (the army HQ) and Admiralty House (the naval HQ), ordering them to prepare the Lady Luck, five other galleons, and their 660 marines for a trip to the Kharqorin lands, many days’ sail away.

The delegation members accept the government-in-exile deal. Though Kai Vieri sympathizes with the delegates who lost their countries, he still has a duty to represent Kharqorin. After talking to the delegation, he decides that when he comes back, he will notify government folks in Kharqorin that they can escape to Aetoria. However, he will need to keep this secret or else it will jeopardize the alliance with Carinthia. He sends pigeons to the capitals of the countries of Kharqorin, all of them letting them know that they have been offered refuge in Aetoria.

Meanwhile, Vieri, realizing that he forgot his map of the Yeshil Peninsula at home, grabs some paper and starts drawing a map from memory.

In Kharqorin City, the Khan got Carles' response. He sends a message back, saying that he agrees with what Carles said in the letter. The Khan reasons that Carles' suggestion to meet in Aetoria first and alternate from there is efficient as the Kharqorin delegation is already in Aetoria.

In the Northern reaches of the newly expanded Khanate, there is still rebellion against the Khan's rule. However, they are being crushed in rapid succession. This means that the nobilities of the countries would hate him very much.

The Khan, however, starts a new strategy: befriending the common folk of the land. They are not much involved in politics, for they are poor and more concerned with day-to-day life. Thus, if the ruling dynasty of a country changed, they would not care, unless devastation was a result. The Khan decides to not only prevent devastation at the hands of his invasion, but also start policies that benefit the common folk. The common folk, forming the majority, would support him if he gives benefits to them. This would get them more politically active, and thus make them more aware of what he is doing for them.

He plans to stay as an absolute monarch, but listen to what commoners want.
Last edited by Persia-Kebabistan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Emiriat smiled, "Grand nobility of the Oppermenian Peninsula, welcome to Dyllongrad in the region of Észak-föld!"

He looked at the gate keeper and raised his arm straight into the air. Not three seconds later, the gate rose for the Oppermenian party. Emiriat climbed off the walls and through the gate to meet Ser Almor. "I greet you, Ser Almor. I am Emiriat, warrior and soldier for Dyllonia. Would you wish for me to lead you to Imperator Dyllonus?"

Silent and resigned
To put you from my mind

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am

Dyllongrad

Ser Almor smiled. “Hello, Emiriat, it is truly a pleasure to meet you. Yes, it would be much appreciated if you could lead us to your leader Dyllonus.”
Last edited by Oppermenia on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 am

In the distance, a man watches Gregori Opperman enter the castle. He writes a note and attaches it to the leg of his hawk. The hawk then sets off for Tsarskoye Selo.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm

"Then please, follow me," Emiriat spoke as he turns to guide the party to Dyllonus Manor.

Emiriat began leading like a tour guide, explaining the vassal's history, details about the city, bits of information about pretty much anything he could think of.
"And this..." he points to a collection of statues outside the temple, "is the Rememberence Hall, where we honor the dead and their contributions to the now multiple empires to reside over us. Those three statues centered around it are the Main Three of Horizonism: Polaris Felisten, Sollis, and Luna,"

The tour ended as they reached Dyllonus Manor. It wasn't a towering Palace like that in Nos Wogan and it was hardly a castle, it was more of a feudal lord's manor yet it controlled all of Észak-föld. Standing on the balcony was the man it was named after: Dyllonus Vezetés.

"Welcome Oppermenians! Please, allow me to greet you where you stand!" He walked down quickly and hardly a minute later the front door opened. Dyllonus wore the grand clothes of that of a Sakatian General, but it was Dylloniafied. It wore Sakatian traditional tan, butternut colors along with golden textures streaming across. His sword rested in its grand holster resting down his waist.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all. Emirait, your daily shift is concluded, thank you." The warrior taped his forearm against his chest and marched off. "Now, I'm sure you are all weary from your journey, please, consider our city to be your home anytime you find yourself within its walls and address any questions to me or my second, Ghandius."

Silent and resigned
To put you from my mind

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:36 am

Dyllongrad

“Why, Dyllonus, we thank you for your hospitality,” Ser Almor said with gratitude. From the crowd of their host came shoving a figure with a signature Oppermenian fur coat, with a chest piece that had the wolf crest of Oppermenia on it. At his side, a scepter with a wolf head handle hung.

“I’m sorry,” said Ser Almor. “This is His Grace, Gregori of House Opperman, Grand Lord of House Opperman, Lord of the Opperlands and Oppermanor, Grand Duke of Oppermanson, and High Warden of the Oppermenian peninsula.”

Gregori did a slight bow for courtesy and respect. “Hello, Dyllonus, I am Gregori. I apologize, but I felt the need to meet you. Thank you for allowing us to stay in this magnificent city.”
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 am

The hawk arrives at Tsarskoye Selo. It lands in the officer of the Tsar. He takes the message and then releases the hawk, which begins the trip back to his owner. He then unravels the message.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Dyllonus smiled, "Greetings, Grand Duke Gregori! A fine pleasure to meet you, truly."

He turned his eyes to Gregori's garments, "Forgive me, but I can't rise above how similar you dress then that Farkite fellow. Oh what was his name? Oh! Alfonso I do believe. They used to live in the forests just outside of Dyllongrad, but they must have migrated without telling me."

He continued, "Anyways, there are around 15 of you, you will want to find yourselves in Hungry Harpy Inn, which is ran by Dimitri Buluru. Just go to the Market District, just west of the Government Plaza, where you are right now."

Silent and resigned
To put you from my mind

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse