NATION

PASSWORD

Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms (IC)

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Welcome to Kegyeleem, a world of magic and realms. A world beyond us, a world forged from the death of a deity, a world which magic is built into the foundation of.

OOC Thread

Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms

For years, the civilized tribes lived in peace and harmony in Kegyeleem on the supercontinent known as Haza. Until the World Killers attacked ...
The World Killers - vile beasts, with the appearance of demons, but the powers of gods. These two kinds clashed - man, and the World Killers who called themselves “Sakatkin”. It was a bloody conflict that lasted for generations.

Mankind was on the verge of destruction. But then, legend has it that in the final battle of the War for Kegyeleem, the Battle for Haza, a man showed up. Blessed by the gods, he used all the power of the gods at once to smite the World Killers and finally end the war between the two species. This legendary figure is commonly known as the Light Bringer.

However, the blow was too destructive for Kegyeleem to handle. Using all the power of the gods at once had consequences. So, in order so mankind wouldn’t perish, they say that the gods of Kegyeleem split up Haza into five continents - Tulivag (east), Goggled (north), Vutreshnost (middle), Zuid-land (south), and Amrica (west). This period is known as the Drift, which took place over the course of a hundred years.

Centuries after in 700 AD (After Drift), on the continent of Tulivag, humanity and the civilized species are once again prosperous, living in peace and harmony. However, some say otherwise. Some say that one day, the Sakatkin will rise again to wreak havoc on mankind. And, the Light Bringer will be reborn as the King to Come, and he’ll have to return to smite the World Killers once more.

Chapter 1

800 years have passed since the Sakatkin beasts have been eradicated, when the world was once a feuded battleground between humans and the World Killers. Humanity and the related species rule the world, scattered in the many continents building civilizations and kingdoms.

In the continent of Tulivag, the Empire of Nosewagania under Emperor Horcegus II has conquered it's long time rival Sakatia, consuming every bit of land it had. But there are rumors of rebellion breaking out among the counts and dukes in the conquered land, what shall become of the great Empire? And more importantly, how will the realms and people in Tulivag play into this?

Chapter 2

The stage is set.

Destiny will come. As new faces show up continuing their quests and crusades, they shall find out their destinies and what it means for each of them.

World tensions are rising. The realms once enjoyed a great period of peace and prosperity, but now they’ve found new quarrels. War will come. It’s not a matter of if, but when. So, what will be the catalyst to spark rebellion, and war? And, how will each Realm fit into it?

And finally, a red comet has come, flashing across the night sky for all living things in Kegyeleem to see. “To herald his arrival, a star of red shall shine bright across the night sky,” as it says in the King to Come prophecy. If the prophecy is true, then that means the King to Come has come. So, who is the King Who Has Come, the new Light Bringer? And, what does this mean for Kegyeleem?

War is coming. A red comet heralds the King and Savior’s arrival. What will this mean for the destiny of Kegyeleem and all those in it? We shall see, for it all depends on the realms and the people in it.
Last edited by Oppermenia on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Introduction

Kegyeleem is a strange world. Not unlike our own, but still different. The world was forged from a deity's death, casting magicka into the foundation of the world.

Magic flows through everything. The people, the things, all the life. Because of this, it makes the world more vibrant and more full of life. It's what makes it worth living on Kegyeleem.

This was the case for a long time, as mankind lived on the mega continent called Haza, united into one Kingdom of Haza. But then, things changed when the World Killers attacked.

With the appearance of demons but the powers of gods, these creatures who called themselves "Sakatkin" waged war on mankind for survival and to try to eradicate mankind. And, they almost succeeded ... if not for the Light Bringer.

They say he was blessed by the gods, and that he was the one true King and Savior of Mankind. Using all of the power of the gods at once, he was able to smite the World Killers and finally put an end to the war between the two species.

But, the blow was too big for Kegyeleem to handle. So, they say the gods split up Haza into the five continents we know today.

It's been centuries. Right now, it's 700 AD (After Drift), 800 years after the defeat of the Sakatkin.

On Tulivag, the Empire of Nosewagania has defeated its archrival Sakatia and growing its empire more. With Nosewagania growing more prominent as the superpower of Tulivag, and rumors of rebellion among the dukes and counts of Sakatia, the peace mankind enjoyed for many years after the Sakatkin War may be once again under threat.

This is Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms.
Last edited by Oppermenia on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

South Raznakova
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:20 pm

The Armed Empire of Raznakova. Filled with snowy forests and mountains, is ruled by Tsar Vladimir Vodovenko. It is known throughout the continent for its powerful military, considered to be the best in the land. The military, consisting of 800 000 troops, protect the realm, but also serve as mercenaries. Should a foreign realm wish to use some of these elite soldiers, a message can be sent to the Tsar, who will lend a detachment of troops to be used by the foreign realm, for a price of course. Then there is the Okhrana, an elite group of warriors who specialize in espionage, reconnaissance and assassination. There services may be purchased through the Tsar. This elite group of warriors is led by the assassin Yuri Romanov, who is currently training the Tsar's 10 year old son, Tsarevich Nikolai Vodovenko, in the art of war and stealth. The Tsarevich will one day take his fathers place. The realm is very wealthy, its economy running off of its metal and wood industry, vodka industry and mercenary military. Allied with whomever pays the best, this is one realm that is not be be trifled with.
Last edited by South Raznakova on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Gregori Opperman went on ...

“And the realms of Tulivag are living in peace and harmony ...” he told his son Matthew, closing the bedtime story.

“What about the Sakatkin?” the little Matthew asked.

“Oh, Matthew, they’re gone. But, some say that one day they will return to wreak havoc on mankind once more ...” Matthew put the covers over his head in fear. “But ... there’s a prophecy. That one day, the Light Bringer will return and be reborn as the King to Come, the one true King and Savior Of Man. If the Sakatkin return, then the Light Bringer will come back as a King amongst us and smite the World Killers once more.”

“Who do you think it is?”

“I don’t know, Matthew. We haven’t seen someone with magic like that in centuries. All that I know is the only King we bend the knee to now is Emperor Horcegus II.”

“Father, you always say you bend your knee to him and he’s our one rightful monarch.”

“Why yes, as it’s been for over a century. As it should be.”

“But why?”

“Matthew, the monarchs of Nosewagania are generous to us. They could’ve killed all of the Kings of Oppermenia including us. They could’ve killed the King of Oppermanson and destroyed the ages old line of Kings going back to Opperman the Conquerer and the Old Oppermenian Empire. Instead, they let us stay in power below them as their loyal vassals. And, in return, we’ve stayed loyal ever since.”

“Well, didn’t they conquer us because we were split up?”

“What’s your point?”

“Well now we’re all together. Oppermenia is not six scattered realms anymore but one United Realm. Nosewagania now is just keeping us in their hold purely because of our loyalty.”

“You really think that?”

“I know that, Father.”

“ ... Well, I think it’s time you went to sleep.” He kissed Matthew on the forehead. “I love you, son, and goodnight.”

“Goodnight, Father.”

Before he left the room, he thought for a moment. They’re only keeping us because of our loyalty... He brushed the thought away. No, Horcegus is the rightful ruler of Oppermenia now. The Emperor of Nosewagania, King of Oppermanson, Lord of the Oppermenian peninsula. He intends to honor that, as the heir to House Opperman.

His father Nikel Opperman is the Grand Duke Of Oppermanson and High Warden Of the Oppermenian peninsula. He has been loyal to Horcegus as the vassal. And so Gregori will defend his father’s wishes and beliefs with his final breath.

Ten Years Later
The Oppermenian Ministry
Oppermanson

Gregori looked at his father, just lying there. Pale, not making a movement or sound. Lying on the stone cold surface in a back room of the Oppermenian Ministry, dead.

It had happened the day before. They don’t know how he died, just that he did. Gregori was devastated the most.

That was his father. The man he looked up to, the man who molded him into the man he is today. He always tried to model himself after Nikel and tried to stay to his code of ethics and honor.

Tears came running down his face. In stead of breaking down, though, he stopped crying, pushed the emotions down. This was more than family now. This was duty.

He is now the Grand Duke of Oppermanson and High Warden of the Oppermenian peninsula. He must be strong, must be a man, and must serve his duty.

He carried out the casket with Nikel’s body in it, and the Head Minister of the Ministry carried out rituals and blessings on Nikel as he crosses into the spirit world to be with the Grand One and the Great Wolf for all eternity.

After that, they said farewell to Nikel and took out the body to be buried. Upon returning to the Ministry, the Head Minister had Gregori sit the spot on the throne Nikel once had. Gregori was given the scepter of Opperman, and a crown which was laid upon his lap. The Minister laid a wolf coat around him, and made blessings. Finally, after some time, it was over.

“I, Head Minister Francis of the Oppermenian Ministry, hereby proclaim this man before us by the Grace of the Grand One and the Great Wolf all the gods of Tulivag,

“His Grace, Gregori Of House Opperman, Grand Lord of House Opperman, Lord of the Opperlands and Oppermanor, Grand Duke of Oppermanson, High Warden of the Oppermenian peninsula and all who inhabit!”

The people in the Ministry began to chant in Gregori’s honor, their new Grand Duke: “Grace be the Duke! Grace be the Duke!”

Gregori is now the ruler of Oppermenia, able to command the many bannermen and carry out the wishes of the Oppermenian Assembly. And pretty soon, Nosewagania will know, and his liege will want fealty.
Last edited by Oppermenia on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:12 pm

In the courtyard of Tsarskoye Selo, Yuri Romanov and 10 year old Tsarevich Nikolai practice swordsmanship.

Nikolai runs towards Yuri with the heavy wooden sword. As he brings his sword down upon the assassin, Yuri blocks the blow with his sword, and, with one quick motion, pulls out his dagger, disarms Nikolai, and puts him on the ground, the blade pressed upon the young boys throat.

"You are fast, but predictable.", says the assassin.

"No fair, since when were we allowed to use our daggers.", yells out the frustrated Tsarevich.

"In combat, your enemies will not fight fair. You must always be on your guard, ready for anything.", says Yuri, as he helps the young boy onto his feet.

"The training is going well I see.", says the Tsar, as he steps out into a courtyard. He is wearing his signature brown fur coat and knee length black leather boots.

"Yes, your excellency, it is going very well.", says Yuri.

"Nikolai, I believe you have trained enough for one day. Why don't you go to your library and do a bit of reading.", says the Tsar.

"Ok Papa.", says the Tsarevich. He drops the sword and runs back inside.

"Is everything alright your excellency?", says Yuri, as he puts down his wooden sword and puts on his Okhrana gear.

"Yes, everything is alright. I just received word that the leader of the Grand Duchy of Oppermanson has died. His son, Gregori Opperman, will be taking over.", says the Tsar.

" I see.", says Yuri.

"What I really wanted to talk to you about is my son. How is his training going?", says the Tsar

"It is going well, he is a very good swordsman. However, there are still a few things that we need to work on.", says Yuri

"As expected. Well, that is all. You may resume your duties.”, says the Tsar.

"Of course Excellency.", says Yuri, as the Tsar walks back inside.
Last edited by South Raznakova on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:26 pm

The city of Dyllongrad glowed under the sun as the banner hung limp. In Dyllonus Manor, the small cobblestone mansion that the realms leader lived in, was the man to whom it was named. Dyllonus Vezetés sat in his bedroom, gazing out of the window looking over the city. Contemplating what could have happened differently, how Ulysses of Nosewagania could have been defeated and how Észak-föld could have survived a bit longer. He knew that he should be thankful for Emperor Horcegus II sparing him and even allowing his continuation to reside over Dyllonia. But he wasn''t. He was enraged that Horcegus defeated him, that he defeated Sakatia. He knew all he wanted was to humiliate the vassals by keeping them under his thumb.

Knock knock

Dyllonus rolled his eyes. What could be this important? He walked down the stone stairs to the ground floor and peered out the window. It was his friend and chosen next-to-rule, Ghandius. Dyllonus cracked a smile as he opened the door. "Ghandi, what a pleasant surprise to see you here! Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Just here to discuss our provinces' future," Ghandius explained, "May I come in?"

"But of course! Here have a seat," he welcomed while waving to an fine darkened chair with a feathered pillow to cushion it. Both men sat down.

"So how are things going my friend?" Ghandius asked.

"All is well, all is well. Just contemplating how we could have bested those damned Nosewaganians years back." Dyllonus admitted.

"What's in the past is in the past. We must learn to move on from that terrible war. It's not like we can revolt again, we'd need the lightbringer if we wanted to defeat General Ulysses." Ghandius joked.

Dyllonus gave a light chuckle, "If that prophecy was real maybe, but you and I both know the King to Comeis just a story. A hoax, a fake, a name that man gives himself to gain the influence of the weak-minded."

"Yes of course," Ghandius agreed, "Luna, Sollis, and Felisten are all that we need for hope. We'll let the nomads living in the wilderness adore the Lightbringer and Nagy Farkas."

"Speaking of the nomads, have you heard from the Farkite leader recently? I fear he may have been captured by the Nosewaganian patrol for not submitting to the Nosewaganian Horizonist Church."

"I'm afraid not, Dyllonus. Alfonso has never appreciated the Empires, just wanted to maintain the Nagy Farkas religion. May the Horizon be with him."

"May the Horizon be with him." Dyllonus echoed.
Captain of The Devils Castle

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:31 pm

The Southern Yeshil Peninsula (and the islands South of it) is a forested, mountainous land, far from the bulk of Tulivag where the great powers lie, keeping it isolated and alone.

Ever since a little time after the creation of Kegyeleem, the isolated and diverse peoples of the Southern Yeshil Peninsula have lived in multiple tiny countries with various styles of governance. Some were kingdoms, some were republics, some were confederations.

However, after Nosewagania annexed Sakatia, the peoples of Southern Yeshil realized that they will not be isolated for long. In order to protect themselves, they reasoned, they had to form an alliance.

10 Months Ago (For reference, 10 Months before Gregori Opperman became ruler of Oppermenia):

All of the nations of South Yeshil sent representatives to a conference, where they started discussing the potential alliance. After looking for potential alliance leaders, they chose Timur Khan, who ruled the Khanate of Kharqorin (407 on the map) because his dynasty was directly descended from a general who helped fight the Worldkillers and helped protect South Yeshil (in fact, the Khanate of Kharqorin was established by said general after the war).

Because the Khan of Kharqorin headed the Alliance, it became known as the Kharqorin Alliance. It is an alliance of various sovereign states, like the EU and NATO. Though all nations in the Alliance are sovereign (they even have different militaries), they all have similar foreign policy.

Timur Khan, however, wanted change. He planned to secretly strengthen the Alliance until it becomes one unified Khanate, with him as Khan and Kharqorin as the capital.

The Present:

Timur Khan introduces a new act: an open borders policy. He wants the borders of the Alliance nations to be open to facilitate trade. This will also help the economy since the Kharqorin Alliance is cut off from the world. The nations of the Kharqorin Alliance agree, but they want the process to be gradual, for opening all borders at once can be disastrous. Due to this, only Kharqorin and 410-413 have open borders with each other, though the borders are closed to natinos outside of the Alliance.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:35 pm

The Yeshil Peninsula is Kharqorin's name for the long Southeastern peninsula in Tulivag.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm

"Castor, you must lift your shield in time with my strikes. Watch." Baron Pollux told his squire. Castor swung his sword and Pollux blocked each one perfectly. "You are the squire to the Baron of Beaconia and High Hunter of the Order of Beacon. You must be able to fight properly." Pollux swung his sword and Castor managed to block it. They continued sparring until a guard approached them. "Sir, I have received news that Grand Duke Nikel Opperman of Oppermason has died. His son, Gregori Opperman has been crowned Grand Duke." The smile that had been on Baron Pollux's face faded, and he sheathed his sword, saying "Send a messenger to Opppermason. We need to renew the trade routes that we have with them, and include a message about how we offer our condolences to his majesty." The guard did the traditional Beaconian salute, making a fist and beating it on his heart, and walked off to get the scribe to write the message.

4 Weeks Later
The Beaconian messenger, dressed in black and purple, the colors of Beaconia, knelt before Grand Duke Gregori and said "I bring a message from Baron Pollux of Beaconia." He handed the Grand Duke the letter.
To Grand Duke Gregori,
I am extremely sorry for your loss. Nikel was a good friend and trade partner, and he will be sorely missed. Unfortunately, my advisers have told me that we must renew our trade routes with you, so I apologize if this official business intrudes on your mourning.
From, Baron Pollux Phyrra
Last edited by Toaslandia on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Eventually, news of Grand Duke Nikel's death reaches one of the Northern nations of the Alliance, though they were one of the last nations in Tulivag to receive it since they are on the other side of Tulivag from Oppermenia. The news travels down South Yeshil until it reaches Kharqorin.

In response, most of the nations in the Alliance, including Kharqorin, send letters of condolences to Oppermenia.
Last edited by Persia-Kebabistan on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suryak
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Spartacus was born very long ago. It was an ally of Nosewagnia as it hated Sakatia. With the defeat of Sakatia, it had lost interest in Nosewangnia. Its soldiers are the best on the land, but Spartacus lacks many. Nevertheless, its soldiers have fought everywhere as mercenaries.But now, it must learn to live with the dwarfs. However, a prophecy has been received, and it threatens to destroy Tuvilag once more.
Private First Class of The Black Hawks

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Grand Duke Gregori wakes up in a down mood, but the is surprised to see Mikel Stein sitting in the corner of his chambers. Mikel Stein has always been his best friend and advisor, as well as a second father to his children.

“Mikel!” he said in surprise. “What are you doing!!”

“Your maids let me in,” he replied, as if that answered his question.

“You are in the Grand Duke’s Chambers!”

“Yes, exactly. You’re the Grand Duke now. I was told to come wake you up. You have a meeting with the Duke’s Council.”

“Right now?”

“Yes.”

“Where’s Belliar?”

“She’s taking a stroll through Oppermanson with Matthew today. It’s just you and me.”

He sat up, and started getting dressed. “Why did they send you to get me?” Gregori asked.

“Well, I’ll be your appointed First Lord, won’t I?” The position of First Lord is a high honor. It’s an appointment as an advisor by the Grand Duke. Despite the name it’s not only open to Lords but anyone, and being a First Lord gives them power and a better title and the chance to serve their liege.

“Who ever said that?”

“C’mon, Greg, we both know I’m the only candidate for the position. Now, we have a meeting to attend.”

The Meeting Hall, Oppermanor

Gregori wore his normal clothes, but then over them was the royal cape of the Grand Duke - a wolf fur coat with designs and a few jewels on it. He also carried the Scepter of Opperman, the scepter (which doubled as a sword when you pulled it out by the wolf head handle) which was held by Opperman the Conquerer, the founder of House Opperman, in his reign over Oppermenia.

He had his crown, but he didn’t wear it. The Grand Duke traditionally doesn’t wear their crown so as to not undermine that they are vassals of Horcegus. Mikel walked next to him wearing normal clothes but only now he wore the ring traditionally worn by the First Lord.

They walked into the Meeting Hall of Oppermanor, seeing the round table of Lords and Ministers sitting there. There were a few Lords, some lower Ministers, the Head Minister, and Lady Rhoella - the Head Minister of the Church of Wolven who was a good advisor to Nikel Opperman and was like a second mother to Gregori. She was always mysterious, though.

He and Mikel sat down at the table with Gregori at the head and Mikel at his right hand. “Hello, my good Lords and Ministers, I hope I’m not late.”

“Um, no, that’s fine, Your Grace,” said the Head Minister. “We were actually just starting.”

“Great,” said Gregori. “So, what matters have the council brought to me today?”

“We were discussing who you would choose for a First Lord,” Lord Halstein said, curiously looking at Mikel.

“But,” said the Head Minister, “it seems you have already chosen Ser Mikel as First Lord.”

“Yes, and it will remain that way,” Gregori cleared up.

“Okay, well there are other matters. The people want lower taxes, and the Assembly agrees.”

“Consider it done.”

“But Your Grace, the taxes have helped us serve our people and Nosewagania for years -“

“We could definitely adapt. Next issue.”

“Very well. There is a messenger from the Barony of Beaconia who comes with a message from Baron Pollux himself.”

“Send him in.”

The man came in and suddenly kneeled to Gregori. This caught him by surprise. He wasn’t used to being knelt to. He presented Gregori with a message from the Baron. He read it.

“Um ...” he thought for a second. “Thank you.” He wrote a reply.

To Baron Pollux of Beaconia
I thank you for your condolences. It means worlds to me.
As for trade routes, I would love to reestablish trade routes between our realms.
This will be one of my realm’s top priorities, and I look forward to working with you.
From Grand Duke Gregori of Oppermanson

He gave the reply to the Beaconian with his seal, and told him to take that back to the Baron.

“Any other matters?” asked Gregori.

“Actually, there is one more matter,” said the Head Minister. “You’re the Grand Duke now, so Horcegus will probably want fealty from you, for you to bend the knee and swear fealty and yourself and your bannermen to Emperor Horcegus. Now, we could have him come to Oppermanson and have you bend the knee right in the Ministry -“

“Or, I could go to Nos Wogan.” Everyone looked at him weirdly.

“Your Grace, for centuries House Opperman has stayed in its own domain: Oppermanson. There must always be an Opperman in Oppermanson. If you go to Nos Wogan, then you’ll open yourself up to who knows what. You must stay in Oppermanor. That’s the way it has always been.”

“Well, times are changing, Your Holiness. I will go to Nos Wogan and bend the knee right there to my liege, matter decided.”

“As you wish, Your Grace.”

Lady Rhoella looked at Gregori curiously as Gregori left the hall.
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Just outside of Tsarskoye Selo, a man dressed in Okhrana gears rides up to the gates of the palace on a black horse. After disembarking, he makes his way to the Tsars quarters. He opens the door.

"Excellency, you asked to see me when I returned.", says the Okhrana assassin.

"Yes I did Nikita.", says the Tsar. He is looking out of his window, which overlooks a vast snowy forest. In his hand is a glass of vodka.

"Did the operation go smoothly?", asks the Tsar, as he takes a sip of his vodka.

"Yes excellency.", says Nikita.

"Walk me through it.", says the Tsar.

"I entered the ministry under the cover of darkness. I climbed in through the window of his bedroom and slipped a vial of poison into his drink. I then slipped out and waited until the poison took effect. After this I left on my horse and began the journey back here. Nobody saw me.", explains Nikita.

"Did he feel anything?", asks the Tsar.

"No, your excellency.", says Nikita.

"That is good. Nikel was a good man, he deserved a quick death.", says the Tsar, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Excellency, why did you agree to the contract? Were you not friends with him?", asks Nikita.

"Yes, I was. But it needed to be done. A life for a life. My son was sick, and the price for his cure, was the death of Nikel. He was a good man, but family comes first. Now go, I wish to be alone.", says the Tsar.

"Of course your excellency.", says Nikita. He walks out and closes the door, leaving the Tsar to look out upon the snow covered trees of the vast forest.
Last edited by South Raznakova on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nosewagania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nosewagania » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

15 days earlier
Forrests of Észak-föld/Dyllonia

Ulysses Elenség marched forward in front of his legion. He remembered to woods far too much after besieging Dyllonia during the Sakatian War. He grinned devilishly at his mission which he had been looking forward to for a long time. He saw tents and a few yurts in the distance. Ulysses and his army stormed their way, archers wielding crossbows stepped up in the front. Not too long after coming in sight of the small village in the woods did men appear so swiftly Ulysses would have thought it was magic. They wore cloaks of dark fur and most carried small daggers. They looked outlandish compared to the metal armor that the Nosewaganians wore in uniform.

Out of the crowd of the men in fur stepped an average sized dark haired man with a light beard dressed like his comrades. He locked eyes with Ulysses. "I am Alfonso of the Farkite people. Tell me, why do you bring such an army to our peaceful home?"

Ulysses' grin grew wider. "I think you know the answer to that, Farkite. Your people have for too long resisted the taxes of Emperor Horcegus II and insulted our churches."

Alfonso quickly shot back, "The Farkites are not your empires citizens nor are we your emperor's subjects. We insult your Horizonist churches because it is within our natural rights to do so. Send your army away from our village at once."

"You know that won't be happening. Your people live withing Nosewaganian borders and are thus our subjects. But you have been disobedient and foolish. And now you will be disciplined." Ulysses said with a sharp smirk.

"No, we are nomads and we will not be having anymore of this conversation. Leave now and oh, Horizon be with you" Alfonso said with a dramatic bow and a Nosewaganian accent impression.

"Big mistake," Ulysses said with wave of the arm. And all at once the line of crossbow man unleashed hell upon the Farkites. Men in wolf black fur dropped before they knew it. "Spare this one. He is mine"

Alfonso stood pale, many of his greatest soldiers lie dead around him. He turned his back, where he saw many other Farkites shriek in horror. He thought of their lives and how many Farkites were still alive. The Farkites were by no mean a small organization, but that still wouldn't stand against the best of Nosewagania. With a cry of desperation, he shrieked, "Farkites, flee for your lives! Flee to Oppermenia, where Nagy Farkas is freely worshipped! GO NOW!" he turned to face Ulysses.

Alfonso threw one of his two daggers at Ulysses swift and suddenly. Ulysses raised his shield, the wood catching the dagger with ease. The Nosewaganian warrior lunged spear in hand with a thrust at the Farkite. Alfonso was swift enough to dodge back and lunge himself at the Nosewaganian, but only meeting Ulysses' shield pound against his head. With a thrust of his spear, Ulysses caught the Farkite in the stomach, through him over his shoulder, and planted his boot at Alfonso's jaw.

"Send the cavalry!" Ulysses demanded, "Cut down the Farkite traitors and make sure none survive!" he turned back to Alfonso and planted his spear into his skull.

Cavalry charged in and massacred any farkite they saw. Yurts and tents would be burned to the ground. What few Farkites would remain that day would follow their leader's final order : Go to Oppermenia.
Last edited by Nosewagania on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regional Senator of Union of Queer Nations

Also this is Dyllonia

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:37 am

Wilhelm stands over the map before him. "We will march west. We are to capture all open territory before the Nosewaganians do. If they get in your way...kill them. Prepare the 300,000 troops." He turns to his aid. "Fetch me my shield."
Last edited by South Acren on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:11 am

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:18 am

The Tsar sat at his desk, a glass of vodka in his hand. He thought of his son Nikolai, of when he got sick, and when He approached him, telling him he could cure Nikolai. He thought of the day after, when Nikolai was once again in his library, reading his books. He also thought of the price that had come with the cure of Nikolai's sickness. The death of a good friend. If it had been under normal circumstances, then Vladimir would have turned down the contract, but this was his son, the only family he had left, and he would do anything to hold on to it. The death of Nikel was a small price to pay.

As he sat, thinking, his son opened the door and walked in.

"Papa?", asked Nikolai.

"Yes son?", responded the Tsar.

"I can't sleep Papa.", said the young Tsarevich

"I see, well, at least lay in bed until you do.", says the Tsar, as he gets up to take his son back to Nikolai's bedroom. As the Tsar tucked his son back into bed, his son says, "Papa, my friends say there will be another war soon. Is that true?".

"I am to sure Nikolai.", says the Tsar, a tired look on his face.

"If there is one, which side will you be on?", asks Nikolai.

"Whichever sides pays the most. You know that.", responds the Tsar.

"But why. Why don't you pick a side.", asks Nikolai.

"Because we are mercenaries Nikolai, its always been this way, always will be.", say the Tsar.

With that, the Tsar blew out the candle, closed the door, and began making his way back to his office through the hallways of Tsarskoye Selo.
Last edited by South Raznakova on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Matthew Opperman, Heir to Gregori
The City of Oppermanson

The streets of Oppermanson glowed with radiance as the young Lord Matthew, heir to the Grand Duchy, walked the streets with his mother Lady Belliar Kerr.

The city streets are always so vibrant in the mornings. Local vendors opening up shop, with fresh food waiting for citizens and at low prices. The sun was up, and the people themselves were always so cheerful. Some realms may treat their commoners like "peasants", leaving them in an endless cycle of hereditary poverty, but in Oppermenia, that's not the case. The commoners of Oppermanson and the Oppermenian peninsula are treated with dignity, with the right to fair wages and employment being sewn into the foundation of Oppermenian law.

Yes, Oppermanson was a good place to live for people of all backgrounds.

Matthew caught a particular smell. It smelled of a sort of grill smell, with a fresh bread smell and a zestyness to it. He tracked down where the smell was coming from and found a local vendor. Fat, the man was, but looked happy - especially at his job.

"Good morning, my good man," said Matthew.

"Good morning, m'lord," said the vendor, bowing. "And m'lady. What mayya treat ya to on this fine day?"

"Well, I smelled the best smell of my life which brought me here. What is that?"

"Elkenburger, m'lord," he replied. "It's a popular sandwich from Elkenburg. We sear the meat onna noice pan in a sauce from the juice of a Gonfruit. We then sear from nice, fresh cooked bread in the same way and put the meat in between. Mayya interest ya in one?"

"Why yes," Matthew said politely. "I would love an Elkenburger, please, and one for my lady mother as well." Belliar didn't seem happy and almost objected, but refrained.

"Will do, m'lord." And so they watched the vendor cook the food to a nice, crisp condition to eat. When it was finished, the vendor gave them two wonderful sandwiches.

"Thank you, my man," said Matthew. "Your sign says only five credits, but I'll give you ten." Matthew gave the vendor ten slips of gold-coated paper.

"Matthew!" his mother whispered fiercely.

"Wow, thank you, m'lord!"

"It's nothing, just keep making your sandwiches, and consider it even."

He walked away with his mother. His mother spoke up. "I don't like that you gave that man so much money."

"Mother, it's only twice the original amount. And besides, ten credits is almost like next to zero credits for us!"

"Yes, but he's not like us. We have noble blood, and he doesn't. The blood of Opperman the Conquerer as well as his appointed successor, Kerr, runs through your veins."

"I don't know how my lord grandfather Helnen did things back in Kerrenburg, but clearly it's different there than in Oppermanson." He dug into his Elkenburger.

"Like that, that's what I'm talking about! That could've been poisoned, and you just blindly eat it! You have too much trust in these people, Matthew."

"Mother, clearly you don't know Oppermanson. We're all equal here. And besides the fact that I'll be ruling one day! If anything, I need to build trust with them above all else, rather than treating them like they're inferior just because I have famous ancestors. It is what Oppermans have done for generations, and what I will continue. It is what Grandfather Nikel did."

"About that, Matthew …" she stopped him. "How are you? I know it's not easy, losing a grandfather."

"I am doing well. Everyone must die someday, and now Nikel is resting in the spirit world for eternity. It's Father I fear for."

"Yes, your father was very close to Nikel …"

"Yes, yes …"

" … Well, you are the heir now to Oppermanson, you know that? Gregori is now the Grand Duke of this great Oppermenian city-state and Warden of all others on the Oppermenian peninsula. That will be you one day."

"Yes. It certainly is an awe-inspiring thing, but my grandfather had to die to make it happen."

"Yes, but you understand that one day it will be you taking Gregori's place as he dies."

"I understand, Mother. But that hopefully won't happen for a very long time."

"Yes, hopefully."
Don't underestimate us.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Baron Pollux was attending court when a man was dragged before him. The guards' purple and black surcoats smoldered. "Who is this man? And what happened?" Pollux said. One of the guards, Sir Dacius, spoke up. "This man was seen doing fire magic outside of Beacon. When we moved to apprehend him, he tried to burn us. Luckily, Sir Marian had his crossbow with him and shot him. He's unconscious, but alive." Pollux's face became red with fury. He hated mages and witches, and decided to deal with him. "Hang, draw, and quarter him on the statue of my grandfather, Baron Titus the Warrior, then take him down and bury him after a few days." The guards left the room and did as they were told, and for five days the grizzly sight was seen in Beacon Square.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm

As Matthew and his mother walk through the streets, a hooded figure follows behind them. This man is an Okhrana spy, who, along with two others, are in Oppermanson to find out what the family knows about Nikel's death. After overhearing what was said about Nikel, he moves forward and brushes past the young heir. As he passes him he turns his head and looks Matthew in the eye before disappearing into the crowd.

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:06 pm

It was a bright, clear morning in Aetoria, arguably the trade center of the entire world. The wide cobblestone boulevards and avenues bustled with activity, as traders and locals alike went about their business after the last night’s investiture of the new Prince. The innumerable houses, apartments, trading posts, and inns within the city walls were hives of activity as the sun rose on their red-tiled roofs. Galleons and galleys lay at anchor in Aetoria’s huge natural harbor, while many others were tethered against the large wooden piers near the mouth of the huge Aetoria River.
Clad in his gilded turquoise doublet of office and polished black boots, Carles de Gerona, newly-inaugurated Prince of Carinthia overlooked his capital as the day broke. The gleaming granite and marble castle that he lived in was perched on the largest hill in the city; the castle’s sprawling fortifications and towers was the seat of the Carinthian court. Below the Prince, fifty city guardsmen, armed with spears and scimitars marched in perfect column towards the main gate of the castle, relieving their morning patrol. Having taken in the sight of his capital and it’s scents and noises, Carles went back inside.
-
After a light, refreshing breakfast of emu egg soup, orange marmalade, and a bit of bread, the Prince stood in his war room with his trusted advisors. Today marked the start of Prince Carles’ term as Prince of Carinthia, and that meant deciding what to do with Carinthia’s huge resources and previous policies.
“Nosewagania, Your Grace, is a unknown factor,” said Patrician Leonardo de ‘Casanova, the head diplomat and spymaster of the Principality. “We’ve generally has neutral relations with their Empire, but our trade links are extremely strong. Our intelligence network in their nation is still in its infancy, and the Nosewaganians’ military forces are more powerful than ours, since our navy and army is spread out all across the continent. Our counter-intelligence agency’s efforts in our nation is running at an extremely high level; our nation is practically impenetrable.”
“Thank you, Patrician Casanova,” said the Prince. “With that, our council meeting is concluded. The Admiral in charge of the Terulian Fleet has my permission to embark the 30,000 man army stationed in the county. We must reinforce the Polkovnik near South Raznakova, lest the Tsar make a move towards him. The rest of the policy you’ll see laid out later. Dismissed.”
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm

So far, the open borders policy is going well. Trade is starting to prosper in the open border areas and there is much better coordination between member nations. However, there are also massive population exchanges between the different countries, with many migrants settling in Kharqorin, the most prosperous country in the Alliance. The other countries start fearing that this will lead to massive labor shortages, while in Kharqorin, there are fears that the new residents will compete against the native Kharqorin residents and dramatically change the culture. Thus, though there are many supporters, there is also much criticism of the plan.
---
The Kharqorin Alliance moves to start a non-aggression agreement between the Kharqorin Alliance and Carinthia since they both border each other (and Carinthia is KA's only land border). A ship is sent from Kharqorin (home of the KA HQ) and starts sailing across the waters and toward Aetoria.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:45 pm

With the borders secured, intelligence apparatuses in the foreign realms are operating at full efficiency. Matthew and the rest of his family is kept under constant surveillance by Okhrana spies.

Drazar
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Drazar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Duchy of Drazar
Duke Edmond Bailey

Well things were interesting right now Edmond thought as he received the news of Nikel Opperman death. He had always been liked Nikel and was very saddened to hear of his death. But now Nikel's son Gregori Opperman was Duke and while Gregori was not a bad man he did not have much experience ruling. Edmond had every intention of breaking away from Nosewagania and he knew he needed allies if he had any chance of taking on the Nosewaganian military.

He wrote up a letter to Gregori reading.

To Grand Duke Gregori Opperman of Oppermanson
Greetings from Drazar. I have recently learned of your fathers passing and I offer my sincere condolences for your loss. Nikel was a good man without a doubt and I am very saddened to hear of his passing. I wish you and your family well in ruling over Oppermanson.
From Duke Edmond Bailey of Drazar

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 am

Draoct
The Magocracy

The bells of the Spire of Calvanis tolled on the hour, allowing all of the approximately one million inhabitants of the Magocratic State of Draoct to know what the time was. It was a relic of an older time, more based on tradition than anything tangibly important. Most mages knew that the time could be very easily assessed by any number of simple spells. However, when Calvanis the Great built his Spire, he left behind that tradition amongst those who followed him. Some of the more superstitious believed that he had imbued each bell with a curse - that if they were not rung every hour, they would cause the Spire to collapse. Whether or not this was true, it was difficult to tell, though most certainly, any mage worth his salt understood that, were it true, it would be a difficult feat to have accomplished. Perhaps Calvanis the Great was a greater mage even than he was given credit for.

However, yet another mage definitely worth his salt was Grand-Archmage Naoman Ruaidach. For a long time, Draocti mages had been at the forefront of their own politics, but Naoman Ruaidach was a step above the usual Grand-Archmages. Some called him 'the All-Seeing Eye', as if that did him justice. Yet others called him 'Windwalker'. Still others called him 'Goldshitter' - sometimes Naoman Ruaidach was unsure if that was a critique or a compliment. In any case, names abounded for the Grand-Archmage, and he was not unhappy with the sense of importance they gave him.

Normally, he would ascend the spiralling staircase ascending the Spire. However, this time, he valued speed. He ascended with a gust of wind, blowing him up the staircase and any who stood there would have been bowled over by his speed. The other Archmages entered into the door in one group, gazing over at their leader, who by now was sitting in his ceremonial chair. "You kept me waiting," the Grand-Archmage lied convincingly.

"We didn't know you had already arrived, Grand-Archmage..."

"Sit."

The group of important and powerful mages sat in a circle, taking each of their seats. Some of them represented independent states and their magical judiciary systems, others simple colleges, and yet others powerful hermits who were altogether too self-important... And given the fact that they never missed meetings, not very hermit-like, and not busy enough. As each Archmage finally got settled, the Grand-Archmage begun proceedings.

"Right. First order of business - on the illegal use of magic within the Barony of Beaconia..."

"My apologies, Grand-Archmage..." A man from the Grand Duchy of Oppermania stood, "I wish to bring it to the attention of all present in this council that the Grand Duke of Oppermania, Nikel Opperman, is now dead."

The Grand-Archduke looked around at the other members of the council, some with looks of nonchalant ignorance, others with simple smiles, one or two slightly saddened, but none particularly bowled over by the news, "Okay. That is good. So, Beaconia..."

"Pardon me, Grand-Archmage... How is this good?"

The representative from a college in Oppermania continued to speak. The Grand-Archmage raised a hand.

"I misspoke. Perhaps 'interesting' would suffice."

"I should think maybe some condolences are in order."

The Grand-Archmage sighed, "Archmage, when a ruler dies, life goes on. Lesser men weep and give up parts of their lives. It is the duty of greater men, those with the power of change, to continue to light the..."

"Do you not care that a powerful nobleman is dead?"

"Not particularly, no."

The Oppermanian Archmage sat, dumbfounded.

The Grand-Archmage thought for a moment, "Fine. Send the standard condolence... 'Sorry for your loss', 'magic perseveres', 'recover soon', that kind of vacuous nonsense. Clear?"

The Archmage nodded, evidently not happy with the outcome.

"Good. Now, Beaconia..."
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse