NATION

PASSWORD

Legends And Men [Heroes & Legends Reloaded | OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 am

Valentine Améthyste Sanguine

"We’re all only human, what we need and do with our lives is our own choice."

VITALS

Name: Valentine Améthyste Sanguine
Nickname/Alias: Lumen
Appearance:

Build: Moderately muscular, and well honed body. 6’4”, 200lbs

Primary Ability: Glass/Light magic - Valentine is connected to a plane of glass and light, which he himself refers to as mirror magic, but this isn’t strictly an accurate descriptor. Able to bend light and glass in equal measure, enchant glass, shape it, harden it, and more, he is well trained in his ability, and ventures into his plane on occasion to further this connection. Among his limits is that while he can fly (Max speed has been about 50 MPH) it takes a lot of concentration, and limits his use of any other magic to much smaller abilities. Bad enough pain, or exhaustion has prevented this in the past, and it’s mostly used to get Valentine into position for a surprise attack.

Limited Shadow/Blood magic - Only minor abilities, any use of which prompts a struggle with Mary for control of the body, whether she wants control or not.

Other Abilities: Enhanced Agility - Whether it be a side effect of his magic or something else, Valentine is exceptionally agile for his size, and moves with more grace and ability than most would assume a man of his size is capable of.

Power Drawbacks: While his powers are flexible, they are also all he has. Magic has its own vulnerabilities, and he shares these with other mages. Magic has, and always will be more volatile than ‘normal’ powers, and the use of which prompts risks of it’s own, such as demons, exhaustion, and more. Additionally Valentine is not alone in his body, he shares it with a mage named Mary Nichols. Anytime he becomes to injured, exhausted, uses her magic, or even prompts it himself, there is a struggle for control of the body, creating situations where Valentine is forcefully swapped with the more dangerous Mary.

Equipment: P90, Five-seveN, FN SCAR ,SRM 1216, Christensen Arms TFM 338. Also carries a few flares, and a pouch of powdered glass at all times.

DETAILS

Nationality: (Dual Nationality) French, Swiss
Hometown: Oyonnax, France
Sexuality: Bisexual

Biggest Flaw: His experience in the field, alongside his magic and his training makes him somewhat overconfident, but his biggest flaw by far (Not counting his little Mary issue) is his stubbornness. Once he sets his mind to something, be it in combat, what bar to go to, or if he should leave the military to join a international hero organization, he does it.
Main Skills: ex-French military, on top of Order of the Iron Shroud, and Syndicate training. Better at range than he is up close, but is capable, and trained with a variety of weapons, his powers, and unarmed combat. Has a particular flare for explosive ambushes, sending his opponents reeling. Speaks French, English, German, Arabic, and Italian.

Personality: Flirtatious, confident, and self assured. While he has enough introspection to realize that there are people equal to or superior to him, he is equally confident in his own abilities. Equally, he dislikes people that don’t respect personal boundaries, and has issues with anyone that doesn’t take a mission seriously. Is careful to listen to other people’s ideas, and studies any foe or ally he can carefully so he best knows how to work with or against them.

Biography: Born to a French Mother and Swiss father, Valentine grew up with a close relationship to many of his scattered family members. By the time he was seven, he’d been to Italy, Switzerland, Canada, and the UK all just to visit family. Spent nearly as much time in Lausanne as he did his own hometown of Oyonnax.

When he was 17 he went straight into the French military, and was eventually assigned to the 13th Parachute Dragoon Regiment, where he served until he eventually left the military at 22. While serving in Northern Syria, he found an odd silver broach. Upon touching it with his bare hand a mysterious (and somewhat insane) girl by the name of Mary appeared to him and him alone. Accompanying the release of magic came physical mutations that made him abnormally pale, and turned his eyes entirely black. Valentine left the military three weeks later, and sought out the Order of the Iron Shroud in Brest, France for help. From there he received magic training for his long unused abilities (Discovered at fifteen), Mary, and more. Eventually he would also join the Syndicate, receive their training, and join Team Fox where he is today.

#HLApp

Mary Nichols

"Humans are still just animals, and we should treat them as such."

VITALS

Name: Mary Nichols
Nickname/Alias: Bloody Mary, FeyMary
Appearance:

Build: 6’4”, 180 lbs

Primary Ability: Shadow/Blood magic - Mary is connected to a dark, dangerous world of shadows, blood, fear, and all things that go bump in the night. While she is most adept with her shadows, even her blood magic proves dangerous and powerful. If given time, she can shadow step from shadows to shadows, but she prefers all out offense with multiple, unpredictable angle of attack. Her favored way of engaging is with tentacles of shadow, occasionally with spikes, or razor spines attached for extra lethality. Beyond this, she has a much easier time flying than her more….ranged oriented other half.

Other Abilities: Seemingly confirming that she may be the source of it, Mary shares Valentine’s enhanced agility, though it somewhat more noticeable on her due to her lower weight.It is equally possible that it is Valentine’s power, and despite morphing the body while in charge, inherits the ability.

Power Drawbacks: Mary shares her weakness’ with all mages, but additionally has the same power drawbacks of Valentine. Finally, she bears only half her soul, and as such her raw power is somewhat reduced, though time has allowed her to regain some of the lost power. Should she ever be fully reformed, she will return at full strength (and possibly regain a body, but that is pure speculation)

Equipment: Whatever Valentine was carrying, has a penchant for forming blades of blood and shadow out of enemies.

DETAILS

Nationality: British
Hometown: Manchester, England

Biggest Flaw: Mary was ripped in half, and her pieces kept separated. This version of Mary is her “lighter” side. In reality, this is the far more violent, and unpredictable side, filled with manic energy, and a burning hatred for people long dead she will never be able to get her revenge on. Valentine is the first host of hers to ever be able to control her, and as such, she has found her way into Syndicate control. While her bloodlust and hatred are reigned in, once unleashed on a foe she is deadly, and efficient.
Main Skills: Mary has 123 years (thirty years were spent in a cave in Syria locked in her Reliquary) of experience behind her. While she’s had to learn modern combat tactics, techniques, and guns from Valentin, she has a number of other skills at her disposal. Her primary, beyond her skill with her magic, is her skill with stealth. She is highly proficient at stalking her prey, moving through shadows (even without her magic), picking locks, and has even grown quite good at breaking security systems.
Personality: Manic, unpredictable, and when not fighting, mostly out to have as much fun as possible. She desires the pleasures in life, be they food, drink, rides, music, or more carnal desires.

Biography: Born in Manchester, England, and abandoned to the streets, a young Mary was left to grow in a rapidly changing world. She did what she had to do to survive, eventually making her way to London, and from there, Whitechapel. This was when her life took a turn for the worse, shortly after other metahumans started rising in other parts of the world, Mary found her own magic. Quickly attacked, and ostracized, a group of people, fired up by religious leaders, cornered Mary in a building and burned it down. She survived by throwing herself out the window and into the River Thames. Once she was healed, she went on the warpath, going so far as to chase one of the fleeing priests to Brest in France.

Here a group of other mages cornered her, and after a fight where she managed to kill two of them, they bound her, but did not kill her. Instead, they took her body from her, ripped her soul in half, and turned her into a pair of tools for other people’s use. Slowly she has driven each of her hosts insane as a petty act of revenge, that was, until Valentine. Valentine is the first host she has ever had that listened to *her*, that saw her as a person and not a weapon. Earning her respect, she agreed to follow his terms, and in exchange, he let her have some semblance of a life. She got to be free for at least a little while, and this was the greatest gift Valentine could have given her.

#HLApp
Last edited by Durmatagno on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:13 am

Durmatagno wrote:snip

Lunas Legion wrote:snip

Accepted.
Last edited by Forest State on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 am

CASSANDRA AILEEN COLLIE

"They put the entire world on my shoulders... I'll try to not let them down."

VITALS

Name: "Cassandra... Cassandra Collie. You probably recognize the last name, I'm sure."
Nickname/Alias: "They call me Shadow Maiden... Sometimes it gets shortened to Shadow. I don't know. I didn't come up with it, PR did."
Appearance:

Build: "Six foot one and fit, you don't need to know the exact weight."

Primary Ability: "I make, well, constructs out of the dark energy that I summon or control. Objects, basically, that are hard like steel and stiff like concrete. Swords, armor, whatever, I can make it. It's why I've always been good at melee, but since these objects are made of dark energy, they're corrosive and will slice right through things or hurt a normal person who touches them unless I temper them to not be like that. Which takes more time, more energy, and I don't usually bother with. They stay around while I'm using them and then I can forget about them to make them go away. But since I have to have my mind on them at least somewhat, it's hard to multitask with this power. I can still cut through anything with it, though."

Other Abilities: "My powers really all revolve around the dark magic that I inherited. But I can use it as a projectile, too, which is a different application. Burns whatever it hits, can deal splash damage depending on the size of the projectile. But this takes more out of me than just making something like a sword and using it in combat."

Power Drawbacks: "Like I said, multitasking is a pain. Lose focus and I can find my whole arsenal going in smoke. Or falling off of a platform I created. Or stuck in some other disaster of a situation. I also can't really make advanced objects such as machinery. I can manipulate the energy to make moving objects, but mainly simple ones. Things with moving parts aren't my specialty, at all. I might be able to attack using a rope or tendril, but can't just summon something with electronics to get out of a bad spot. Also, I have to have energy 'in the chamber' so to speak if I do anything. Which means I'm in trouble if I'm in a fight or something and I don't have any channeled."

Equipment: "I usually make that on the fly."

DETAILS

Nationality: "American, obviously."
Hometown: "Manhattan. Grew up living the high life."
Sexuality: "I guess it's not actually a secret these days that I like girls."

Biggest Flaw: "I've been told that my perfectionism is going to ruin me, but whatever. If they're going to put the world on my shoulders I'm going to carry it the best I can. Even if, well, that best isn't always good enough for the rest of the world, unfortunately. You know, maybe they're right. If there's one thing I strive for, it's perfection, and it's going to kill me someday."
Main Skills: "Melee combat, athletic type things like climbing and running, talking to the media and generally putting on a good face for everyone else. You know. Nothing big, just the things you learn when you grow up in one of the biggest hero families not just in the country but in the world."

Personality: "You know that one person that tries to put everyone else on her shoulders and carry the entire group through whatever situation is happening, and who tries to be absolutely perfect in the public eye even if she's getting crushed under the weight of it all and becoming increasingly erratic behind closed doors because of this while also sobbing to herself sometimes and developing a drug habit because she never really needed all this in life and life threw it at her anyway? Um, that's pretty much me."

Biography: "This is off the record, right? They're not going to like what I have to say... Fuck it. There's always been a lot of pressure on me, I guess. There always is, for those of us that come from the first families of the Syndicate. Especially my family, the Collies. The ones that stayed behind with the Washington Americans when some of the other leaders went out west or went across the Atlantic to open up new horizons for a Syndicate that was still growing. My grandfather was one of the leaders of that first Syndicate team and you can bet that popularity transitioned to his children. My father, Chandler, ended up becoming the most successful of those children and he married a French model and hero, Clementine. A mage. It was basically eugenics, but it worked. I ended up with these powers, not too far off from his, and I seemed to inherit strength from both sides of the family.

So of course there's a lot of pressure on me to use that strength to become the next great hero in the Syndicate. I've been around heroes for my entire life, and people that some look up to as larger than life gods are just people that I've always been around, that I've known since I was a kid or that I've come up with as peers. Even back when I was way too young to be able to fight, I was training. Swinging weapons around, working on my magic, learning to fire guns. They always wanted me to be perfect and they expected me to train like it. I expected myself to train like I was going to be perfect. I didn't always have everything I have now. Some of the extra luxuries didn't come until later, when they finally gave me a break from spending all my spare time working on being a hero. When I gave myself a break towards working on being a hero.

I came up from the Syndicate's development center in the east with flying colors and ended up on a team in no time. They put me on Team Idol in Japan, where I found success and had crowds of people that loved me but... It felt empty, damn it. Like I wasn't doing it for me but doing it for everyone else that had shoved me into this and expected me to be happy about it. But whatever. I walked away with a few million from it and by the time my time in Japan was up and it was time to go to the contracts, I ended up getting a better deal to head to London for the new team there, to make more money and have a larger role than the one I had in Japan. In a way, they want me to be one of the team's faces, and I accepted.

But the fact that I'm getting paid more doesn't mean I don't feel empty at night."

#HLApp
Last edited by Forest State on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:11 am

Changed it to 2 for my power.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am

Still thinking of ideas for a character. Would a movie star/ celebrity using his popularity and influence to help represent Syndicate to the general public be okay? I was thinking of a superhero movie star who has the same powers as his character and goes by the same name.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Still thinking of ideas for a character. Would a movie star/ celebrity using his popularity and influence to help represent Syndicate to the general public be okay? I was thinking of a superhero movie star who has the same powers as his character and goes by the same name.

I think it would be the reverse if anything, he plays himself in the movies. But it should be fine for the World Thread, but most of the action will probably be in the IC thread.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Still thinking of ideas for a character. Would a movie star/ celebrity using his popularity and influence to help represent Syndicate to the general public be okay? I was thinking of a superhero movie star who has the same powers as his character and goes by the same name.

I think it would be the reverse if anything, he plays himself in the movies. But it should be fine for the World Thread, but most of the action will probably be in the IC thread.

Now that I think about it that does sound a lot better lol. It would also make more sense since I plan on giving him an inflated ego.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Novia Soviet Socialist Republic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:56 pm

FACTION APPLICATION

Name: Kane Tech

Classification: Class B

Membership: 70,000+

Areas of Operation: Primarily within the United Kingdom and Western Europe though has presence within North Africa and the United States.

Alignment: Neutral, leaning towards heroes.

Description of Faction Strength Level: While Kane Tech is primarily an Engineering and Medical company, it also supplies advanced weapon systems and other equipment to various western European military forces including the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Switzerland. Using connections, Kane tech has a small but highly trained, experienced and well equipped force of PMCs that are organised into various mobile task forces and a large drone fleet that it uses under the guise of guarding assets. The reality is different as these MTFs are often used for off the books kind of work including capturing of aberrational objects and creatures for containment and study along with securing the mysterious archaeological dig sites that Kane Tech opens up. Rumours have floated around that they are also using ancient human artefacts not only for study but also as weapons.

Background: Kane Tech came to prominence in 2022 after it broke into the world of medicines and engineering where within months, it took the civilian and military firearms market in western Europe by storm when it quickly branched out. Since then Kane Tech has been responsible for supplying Europe with specialised and advanced technology, some of which seemed to be ahead of its time. Shortly after it's prominence, it's sole director found himself brought into the Syndicates fold meaning he found less time managing his business. Kane appointed a French woman and gifted mage known as Alice Barnette as his co director, whom was previously in charge of the PR department.

Kane Tech went on to be one of the suppliers of the Syndicate, primarily in medical equipment. Kane Tech has received some level of controversy recently with the introduction of it's "security teams" which have been criticised as too militaristic and everything wrong with the corporate world. On top of that Kane Tech has received criticism on it's opening of archaeological digs which many believe they are doing to turn treasure troves of history and knowledge into their own profit.

#HLApp
u wot m8

Baconland5
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baconland5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:46 pm

Tag

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:22 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Changed it to 2 for my power.

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:snip

Accepted.
Lessoni wrote:snip

For one, your power would be considered overpowered. You can't just have an ability that would make the enemy miss around you, it's too exploitable to not have anything bad happen to you.

Also, the Syndicate isn't just going to take someone that murdered a bunch of people and put them on a London team in front of the British press. Why would the people of London react well to knowing that one of the people assigned to protect them just bloodily murdered a bunch of people, even if they're gangsters? And if he did that without being on a hero team, he may be considered a criminal, as vigilantism is illegal.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 pm

ISABELLA JIMÉNEZ-GARCÍA

"The true scars are the ones you can't see"

VITALS

Name: Isabella Jiménez-García
Nickname/Alias: Babylon
Appearance:

Build: 1.87m tall, slim and athletic from years of training

Primary Ability:
Fight - She can warp space to make herself and anything she is wearing or holding to become exponentially larger. She can easily become five metres tall, becoming nearly three times as durable with attacks shrinking to nearly three times smaller than they would normally be. She can also apply this to her own body, shrinking injuries to a third of their size or impacted area as a sort of healing. Over the course of ten minutes she can grow larger, to around ten metres tall. She can grow to nearly twenty metres tall the longer she is in a fight and the more injured she is. There is no exact time frame, but it takes roughly ten minutes to get to fifteen metres and thirty minutes to get to twenty metres. It is thought that she can grow taller than that, but she has never been engaged in a fight for any longer than that while being a giant, and the extreme wounds she would have to sustain to grow to such a size would not make up for the arguably negligible temporary benefit. At ten and fifteen metres there is no discernible difference, but when she gets larger than that her reaction times take longer and she reacts to things later, as the size distortion grows so powerful that time, light, and other forces take longer to effect her. This also forces the external forces her power manipulates, like her strength and flight, to no longer work.

OR

Flight - She can gain the power of flight, manipulating gravity's effects on her to fly at speeds of nearly 150km/h, and able to attain speeds of nearly 200km/h if she has time to speed up over the course of an hour without having to turn, only useful for long distance travel. Her flight offers some manoeuvrability, with fairly quick turning speeds while under 70km/h, but growing increasingly difficult to turn over that.

Other Abilities:
Durability - So close to her skin that it might as well be part of her is an invisible force field that covers her entire body. It can withstand any blow, no matter how hard, completely nullifying even powers that can rip/cut/punch through anything. However, anything more powerful than a grenade can break it, forcing it to reform, which takes anywhere from two to thirty seconds. It takes longer to reform after suffering a continuous stream of damage or the more damage in general it takes, like a steady jet of flame or being covered in acid. Bullets cannot penetrate her, no matter how many of them there are, at any range. However, more blunt hits, like a well placed punch, can occasionally break her force field. Every time it is broken, it leaves her vulnerable to attack, as she is only slightly more durable than the average person under her force field. Every day her force field gets fractionally stronger, as when she first got it she could barely withstand a gunshot with her force field coming back nearly a half a minute later, and a decade later she can survive a grenade with her field back up five seconds later.

Strength - She is incredibly strong, though this is not so much her own strength as her ability to manipulate the mass of things she is touching. She can make steel beams less dense so she can crumple them like cardboard, or lift a car because it is no more heavy than a giant lump of wood. However, this does not apply to organic matter and her ability lasts after she touches the object. This means that if she throws a steel beam at you as if it were made of paper, it would only hit you as if it were made of paper. She could punch a hole in the mask of your costume, but she would do minimal damage to your face. She can do the reverse, and increase the mass of an object to make it stronger and more dense, but she isn't actually strong, so she couldn't just throw a piece of paper the weight of a two story building at someone.

Power Drawbacks:
- For her size, she becomes a much larger target, slows down, and has limited mobility. For a longer, drawn out battle with heavy hitters, this form is the ideal tank, but in a fast paced battle that moves around, she often has a difficult time keeping up. Stealth is also a non-starter, as her size and the noise she makes are nearly impossible to mask. Her loss of her ability to use her mass manipulation also makes her weaker than she is when she is small, though she is not necessarily weak, just what you would expect for a giant woman. In simple terms, this power requires her to sacrifice versatility for raw power, as she cannot be a flying, super strong titan of a woman. She also cannot simply switch from one to another, as it takes time for her to become a giantess and shrinking takes a near equivalent amount of time as well.

- In terms of flight, she cannot dodge a speeding bullet or race around the world in the blink of an eye. In fact, she couldn't make it down one street and onto the next in the blink of an eye. Her faster speeds require a buildup and reduce all manoeuvrability to virtually nothing, as it is actually a form of gravity manipulation, only applicable to herself and anything very close her her skin, i.e. her costume, and switching gravity to allow her to quickly turn when she has momentum is an impossible feat. In a very real sense, her flight is a faster form of controlled falling. While the flight does make her mobile and more versatile, this is at the expense of the potential to be much stronger and more durable in her other form, as it is an either/or situation.

- Her force field can be destroyed, even by conventional weapons. While it is great at keeping the general fire of things like guns from harming her, it shorts out with more powerful and directed hits, making her vulnerable while it tries to reform. Also, the more damage it sustains before it falls, the longer it stays down, up to around thirty seconds.

- Her strength does make her "strong", but it is limited in that it cannot affect organic matter and any item touched retains a similar "weight" for several seconds after she releases it, making throwing cars at people an ineffective method for anything other than causing property damage, something that might benefit her as a villain, but is a detriment as a hero. Additionally, when she goes the other direction and makes items gain mass, she is effectively unable to lift them, making it best for helping protect property during a fight. This power is touch based, meaning she cannot simply make weapons grow too heavy for her enemies to hold or something similar to that, and only lasts as long as she is in contact and for a few seconds afterwards. She also cannot simply throw buildings around, because even with the maximum leveraging of her power, it would simply be too much for her to lift. The small things add up, and that includes use of her power. Using this power in conjunction with flight is not hard, but it does limit how much she can effectively change mass, making carrying something like a car high up and dropping it difficult because for every moment she moves, the objects she hold begin to return to their normal weight. This makes it incredibly difficult to carry anything heavier than she could carry with her actual strength when she is flying. This doesn't exactly make it an either/or power like her size, but it does limit what she can do substantially.

Equipment:
- Her mirrored helmet, with the radio set built in to communicate with her team, hides her face, and protects her eyes from heavy glare. It is also extra protection for her head.
- A bulletproof, knife proof, fireproof skintight costume with several armour panels in more vulnerable areas, like the spine, shins, etc. They also work to help make her shape more feminine, as skintight clothes are never a good idea unless you are some inhuman Venus incarnate. Of course, in a world with superheroes, this is more for her peace of mind rather than any meaningful defence, as her power can block anything the suit can and can't block anything the suit can't.
- Her cape, more durable and heavy than her suit, filled with small pockets for her different tools
- A small knife, roughly the length of her hand, that is sharp and strong enough to be used as a crowbar
- A small collapsible baton with an attachable spear head for when she is a giantess
- A small collapsible shield with the image of the same tower that is on her chest. It is made of a light aluminium alloy, but she can make it stronger when she grows.
- A can of pepper spray
- A small handgun with two extra bullet magazines
- A small taser

DETAILS

Nationality: Colombian
Hometown: Bogotá
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: Her biggest flaw in personality is the way she is often either too cautious and rational, willing to follow orders to the very end, even if they seem terrible. The only exceptions to this are when she is injured and enraged, and will fight anyone who dares to oppose her, even if they could beat her easily. This enraged state usually happens in her giantess form, when her brain is slowed down and unable to properly think things through. A smaller flaw could be her poor depth perception from only having one eye, as well as the need for her public persona to be portrayed as invincible, leading her to have to go into more dangerous situations.

Main Skills: Her powers are her main skill, though she is good with a knife and decent enough with a gun, as she has been trained for years and knows the basics. She is also an excellent pianist and musical theatre performer, but being a superhero doesn't leave much time for those activities. The advanced speed of her brain also allows her to have quicker reaction times and process/learn information faster, though not to a degree that it could be considered a power in itself. Of course, this is nullified when she grows.

Personality: A normally levelheaded and somewhat boring woman, once she gets a good hit of her powers or some adrenaline in her system, she becomes a fearsome force of destruction, preferring a good smack down rather than a concrete strategy in battle. She is beautiful, in the sense that she is so exceptionally average in appearance, to the point that it is borderline eerie, that it is impossible to not like the way she looks, if not to exactly become infatuated. It is nearly impossible to determine her as belonging to any particular ethnicity, nor eliminate her from one, unless you were to know that she is from South America or recognise her somewhat thick accent. This makes some people think she is a lot more charming or mysterious than she actually is. The only interesting feature on her is her slowly reforming eye and scar striking out from it, though makeup and her hair covers that up when she has to go unmasked in public, to continue the charade that is is totally invincible. This has made her willing to tell lies to preserve what she sees as the common good, especially for the Syndicate, who have her complete loyalty.

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)
Isabella was born in Bogotá, her mother a school teacher and her father a meta human by the name of Bastión, who had the power of super-fast flight, near invincibility, super strength, and powerful force fields. He was a member of the Columbian branch of the Syndicate, based in Bogotá, and a local hero who was loved by many. Isabella was happy to grow up with her father as a role model, though she never had to deal with the repercussions of celebrity as he was a hero in the days when heroes were still anonymous people doing amazing feats for nothing but honour and the common good. He taught her what it meant to be a hero, and she took that to heart. She loved her mother and respected that she wanted a simpler life, but for her entire life she dreamed of fighting alongside her father. Sadly, it seemed her powers would never manifest. In her teen years she took to putting herself in danger, hoping powers would well up in a time of need. However, time after time no powers manifested and she only found herself bruised and aching for her efforts. The day she did begin to manifest powers at the age of 17 was a wonderful day for her, though very concerning for those around her. It started with flying, or rather, she found herself floating around, unable to touch the ground. Next came the strength, and she accidentally began crushing almost anything she touched, though thankfully not her parents. These powers did not go away however, and seemed to resist any attempts at her to control them. Her father rushed her to the Syndicate HQ in Bogotá, which protected all of Colombia and Ecuador, to find out what might be wrong with her powers. It took weeks of testing, during which time her size distortion began to manifest. The results showed how she was changing gravity and altering the mass of items around her, though no graph could seem to measure how her size warping worked in the same detail. The doctors also noticed how her cells in her outer body seemed to be toughening, almost as if a clear barrier was being formed over it. She stayed under observation for the next three months, and slowly got a grasp on her powers.

She was sent to train away from her home however, as having her out in the superhero scene, if it was ever discovered that Bastión was her father, could put the both of them at risk of kidnapping to blackmail the other. She ended up in Canada, training in Vancouver as part of the Junior Team Walrus. However, two months into her training, on one of her first missions, she took a grenade to her eye. Today, that would annoy her and make her back away for a few moments to get her force field back up. However, back then her shield was still forming, and while she survived, her eye was destroyed and a long scar from shrapnel slashed down her face. This was at the point where her shield was too powerful for such a delicate medical procedure, and doctors could no longer do anything for her. It had already been "revealed" to the public that Babylon was invincible, or that's what the Syndicate thought, and to have that image blown, when truly invincible heroes were so rare, would have been devastating to their image as an organisation. Instead her costume was redesigned to hide the damage, a visor covering all of the affected areas. When the Great Reveal happened, when all heroes publicly revealed their identities it send the Syndicate PR Department into a frenzy to figure out how to make her appear to not have had nearly half of her face blown off by a grenade. The solution was makeup and a false eye, but it would never be able to replace the real thing. She has to live every day knowing she is less than perfect, but she is so grateful to the Syndicate for holding her in such high regard that she is willing to follow their orders to the ends of the Earth.

#HLApp
Last edited by Auphelia on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

WIP

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 pm

THEO DOMINICO ALANIS

"Sometimes the way they tell you to do things isn't the right way at all..."

VITALS

Name:Theo Dominico Alani
Nickname/Alias: "The Beast"
Appearance:

Build: 6'11 ft tall, and 270 lbs.

Primary Ability: Beast Form. Theo is able to transform into a massively strong and durable beast at will, at any time and for as long as he wishes. In this form he is extremely ferocious, strong, and athletic with much stamina and a great resilience to damage. Some would refer to his form akin to that of a humanoid wolf.

Other Abilities: Healing factor, as long as he is not taking damage Theo will heal most wounds on his own. Enhanced senses. Intimidating presence, outside of his beast form, Theo already possesses what one would call a terrifying presence, even when he seems calm some may seem his demeanor as disturbing.

Power Drawbacks: His healing factor works only when not taking any damage. Any large concentration and extended damage from explosions, bullets, or any other weaponry can potentially draw his strength if he is not careful. Most weapons dont do much damage to him, but explosive rounds or continuous explosive weaponry can be deadly to him.

Equipment: At most, he wears mostly black or grey outfits and little else, he usually rips his clothes when going into beast form so he doesn't exactly wear anything but simple clothing. Sometimes he will use guns and armor when using his powers is not an option, though he loathes this.

DETAILS

Nationality: Greek
Hometown: Dialampi

Biggest Flaw: Suffers from a double personality syndrome, with an aggressive and hostile personality which actively tries to overtake the most collected and calm one. His social skills are not the best due to his constant self isolation from most persons.
Main Skills: Hand to hand fighting, athletic, cunning and decisive.

Personality: Theo has an overall quiet and reserved attitude outside of his teaching sessions with students, he naturally possesses and intimidating presence, even in his casual mood he still carries that vibe to him. Despite all of this, he stays calm and collected and always tries to think things rationally and teach his students how to survive against the forces trying to hunt them down and he will protect them no matter what.

Biography: Born in a small town in North Eastern Greece, Theo was son of Emmanuel Alanis and his wife Agnes. For years the family lived a tranquil life, secluded from much of the modern world and acting indifferent to the issues of the metahumans and the world's governments efforts against them Even with the rise of terrorist metahumans and their fight with the Syndicate groups around the world. At least Agnes did, Emmanuel for his part had always shown to be constantly preoccupied with Theo's safety and always ready in case the family had to flee. Agnes for her part tried to teach Theo the values of morality and ethics, teaching him about the ancient history of Greece and the values of the teachings of Pilates, Plato, and Homer. Theo was fascinated by the Iliad of all things, his favorite tale the one of the Odyssey, he wanted to be a hero just like Odysseus some day. While In school, all the way to high school, Theo had multiple teachers take notice of him and his less than social behaviors. He preferred to roam in the dark, and seemed to have eyes that shinned within said dark, constantly reading and away from his peers after he had brutally beaten up a bully for trying to hassle him no one dared to bother him, more so for his tall and brawny stature for such a young man.

It was noticeable he had a quite the appetite while growing up, being able to entire and entire cooked lamb by himself and still wanting more. He was also an avid hunter, with a keen sight and other senses which allowed him and his father to hunt quite easily. However, it soon became obvious he was not a normal young man, at times he would behave aggressively and almost animalistic, with little memory of this when he got to his sense. His parents feared the worse, Emmanuel for his part already knew what this meant.

When Theo finished high school he and his family moved to a farm, where they would be safe from attention and Theo much to his displeasure began to learn alongside his father how to tend to the farm. At first he hated it, but he soon was able to catch up to it, and gradually he controlled his anger and hunger as well.

All changed when one night, at the age of 20 while sleeping, Theo was taken over by a sudden urge, as if something had taken over him and he needed to eat, to consume. He became a massive and powerful creature, and exiting through his room's windows he roamed the country, eating lone cattle and even the wolves of the area were terrified of him. Through the night, a posse made from the men of the nearby town and other farms gathered to hunt whatever was eating their livestock, calling the authorities as well, the militia roamed the country in search for the beast. They found it, and several of them were badly wounded by the young lycanthrope. The incident was picked up by the Greek government, which then called in military troops and tracked the beast to the Alanis farm. Finding Theo half naked and covered in blood, his parents had hid him away as they tried to calm their metahuman son who couldn't control his powers. The Greek government quickly called a group of Syndicate members to face the monster.

The parents were apprehended when they tried to stop the soldiers and metahuman heroes from entering the barn and Agnes was struck in the head, this woke up Theo who immediately transformed and charged at the soldiers who began to fire on him. He slashed and teared through them, he then turned his attention to the group of metahumans that began to try to capture him using telekinesis powers as well as fire to calm the beast. The battle resulted in the farm being burnt to the ground and Agens and Emmanuel being killed. Theo, overcome by sadness and anger managed to kill a member of the Syndicate squad and injure the other two, he then picked the bodies and fled the scene. Still in his beast form but injured as well, Theo lamented the death of his parents by what he could only see as his own fault. Once in human form he buried the two up top of a hill and swore he would control his powers and never again harm the innocent.

Eventually, through years of hardship and of meditation, Theo was able to overcome his animalistic personality and ascend from an uncontrollable killing machine to a human capable of controlling his inner monster. The years went by, and soon the world forgot about him, indifferent of the Syndicate at first, Theo kept travelling through Europe and avoiding conflict while helping those around him, never through the use of his superpower.

#HLApp
Last edited by Arengin Union on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

WIP

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:07 pm

ARCUTUS BLACKWOOD

"There's a reason why people are instinctively afraid of the dark"

VITALS

Name: Arcutus Blackwood
Nickname/Alias: Shadowman
Appearance:
Note: True face=extremely pale skin, blue+purple bulging veins, pure black eyes (has ability to hide this face)

Build: 188 cm, 87 kg
Classification: Group B

Primary Ability: Shadow Mist Form (Arcutus's shadow mist form turns him into a dark cloud like apparition or mist. In this form he is able to phase through solid matter (either phase through or allow things to phase through him, such as going through walls or passing through bullets) and fly at relatively fast speeds. He also has the ability to change his individual limbs in or out of this "mist" matter (eg: he can change his arm into a mist without having to change the rest of his body). During this time, any other objects he has on his person (knife, clothes, etc) transform with him)
Other Abilities:
-Consuming Swarm (via his shadow mists, he can consume living matter from the inside out. Whether that be literally stripping the flesh from their bones or sucking out all of their nutrients. During the process, the victim will suffer extreme levels of agony)
-Shadow Blend (partly related with his mist form, Arcutus can flatten and smoothen his form out to turn into a shadow. In this way he can blend in with any shadow in the area, or create his own, and can change his form's shape or size at will. This makes it an amazing stealth weapon)

Power Drawbacks:
-Concentrated Light (perhaps the most deadly yet most readily available weapon, sunlight or normal light alone would not be enough but concentrated and extremely high yielding rays (eg: overloading a sunbathing machine) can weaken and stun him even in his mist or blend form)
-High Yielding Energy (huge amounts of concentrated energy, like a plasma lance or a lightning bolt, can harm Arcutus quite badly even in his mist or blend form)
-Slow Meal (consuming swarm, though having the ability to be used in combat, is more of a leisure which Arcutus can use to refill on energy and an intimidation technique to leave his mark, as the actual process takes some time, and gets longer the more durable the person is. That doesn't make it anymore agonising though, making it more of a psychological tool than an effective weapon)
-Body Temperature (Arcutus has an extremely low body temperature (almost as if he was dead). This makes it possible for infrared to easily discover him when he's using his shadow blend ability (depending on the temperature of the background or surface))

Equipment:
-Demonic Dagger (supposedly "blessed" during a demonic ritual, this blade was ordered and customised by Blackwood. Its hilt is made from silver and the blade from a platinum-titanium alloy)

DETAILS

Organization: None, Independent, Occasionally works for IGIS
Profession: Serial Killer/Hired Assassin

Alignment: Evil

Nationality: British
Residence: Blackwood Manor, Scottish Countryside
Sexuality: Straight/Asexual

Personality: Blackwood is an extremely cold and high calculating individual, and may or may not be a sociopath. Despite this, inside he has quite the sadistic streak, enjoying the pain of others, though he does not show it, as simply being cold and emotionless add to the fear factor.

Biography: Arcutus Jeremiah Henry Blackwood was born in 1978, the bastard son of Lord Leonard Blackwood and Allison Church. After Allison died in dubious circumstances, Leonard would adopt Arcutus into the Blackwood Family. The Blackwood Family was an old Aristocratic Family, whose lineage could be traced all the way to the invasion of William the Conqueror in 1066, and have claimed to be related to various other Royal lineages, including the Windsor Family. Leonard was a cruel and strict man, often beating Arcutus for the most trivial of issues. It did not help that many of his brothers bullied him because of his illegitimate status. Yet despite all this Arcutus proved himself to be very intelligent and was able to beat out many of his peers and his brothers in grades (of which he was beaten severely for). Eventually, he was even accepted into Oxford University, and his father (reluctantly) let him go.

There he graduated with flying in colours, majoring in and gaining degrees in Clinical Sciences and Medical Technology. Afterwards, he would go to Medical School, where he would get his medical license and move to London. He would become a very successful doctor, often being invited to lecture at universities across the world about medicine and health. He would eventually marry and have a family. Yet despite having left his old life with the Blackwoods behind, he still felt the scars that he had experienced during those years and feared that one day they would come back. One day, over a decade and a half after leaving his family behind, he had suddenly received a letter from his father, who invited him to Blackwood Manor to catch up. Reluctant, yet wanting to finally face his past, Arcutus and (on the demands of his wife) his family travelled to the Scottish Countryside.

There he met his elderly father and his many half-brothers, some who had returned to the manor and others who had never left. After an extremely tense and awkward dinner, when everyone had retired to their rooms, Arcutus was roughly dragged from his room and knocked out. When he woke up, he found himself in the middle of a dark room lit by candles which had various artefacts and dark objects scattered around the room and surrounded by his old family, all wearing dark cloaks. It turned out the reason why Leonard had invited Arcutus back (and in fact had adopted him all those years ago) was to continue a long-lived tradition that had spanned through many generations of the Blackwood family. You see, there was one particular family that the Blackwoods claimed they were connected to and held in especially high regard. House Anjou, who is rumoured to have been related to the devil itself. Though House Blackwood took this "rumour" a step further, sacrificing family members in satanic rituals every generation, and constantly praying to it.

All that time, Arcutus was to be that sacrifice. When Arcutus asked what happened to his family, Leonard had told him that he and his brothers had raped both his wife and his children. And after each of them "had their share" as he said, he slit their throats. As Arcutus wept in emotional agony, Leonard plunged a dagger into Arcutus's chest and gleefully saw as the lights left his eyes. Only then did the Blackwood family retire for the night, planning to throw away Arcutus's body in the morning as to let the blood flow as much as possible. However, in the darkness
Theme: In the Dark

#HLApp
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Baconland5
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baconland5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:10 pm

JOEL EVERGREEN

"It’s always down to the wire with me."

Name: Joel Evergreen
Species: Human
Nickname/Alias: Wire

Appearance:

Build: 6’2/ 152 lbs.

Primary Ability:Organic Puppeteer: Conjures puppet wires to take control of people's limbs and body.

Other Abilities: Defensive wiring- wires woven tightly to create tight-knitted fabric. Able to withstand a few moderately powerful hits before unwinding. Bullet proof.
Power Drawbacks: 20ft. wires, and it's easy to know where he is if they follow they follow the wires. Incredibly vulnerable.

Equipment: Satchel: Anyone who looks in it besides Joel will only see a few pencils, a notebook and some change. If Joel looks in he can pull out the same things, but of a better quality.

Disguises: Joel has many outfits for most situations, using them to blend in with crowds and make himself look as inconspicuous as possible.

DETAILS

Nationality: Canadian
Hometown: Ontario, Canada

Biggest Flaw: Social Anxiety, doesn’t like being touched
Main Skills: Good at deception, can’t drive.

Personality: Shy, but if you get to know him he makes really bad, cheesy jokes that never land.

Biography: Joels powers have been of knowledge to him since the age of eight when he was trying to catch a dog. He accidently connected his strings to the animal, stopping it in its tracks and making the poor thing move around. His mom witnessed this and rushed out, teaching joel the importance of powers, and explaining that they shouldn't be used whenever. Joel grew up from there hardly using his powers, skitting through school and staying largely unnoticed by his peers. It wasn’t until years after high school, during a trip to a local 7/11 an armed robbery occurred. Not really thinking Joel kicked into action, letting instinct and adrenaline take over as he used his magical wires to stop the robber in his tracks and drop his gun. The police thanked him for his help and he went on his way. Going home that night Joel started to practice using his power, pushing the strength and length of his wires to the limit. Joel began making scenes at local shops, stopping robberies and other such petty crimes. It was then that syndicate reached out to Joel, offering him a training and living quarters. With no other aspirations in life, and just a highschool diploma, Joel took this as a great opportunity to take control of his life and do something more significant.
#VPApp
Last edited by Baconland5 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm

If anything important involving my faction starts going on in Discord, please TG me, as I am not very active on Discord.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Character #2 app.

MINEFIELD / (HARRISON ROBBINS)

"Try it. Get too close."

VITALS

Name: Harrison Robbins
Nickname/Alias: Minefield
Appearance:

Build: 1.60m, average build

Primary Ability:
  • Mines - Harrison is able to create explosive mines out of energy. These mines are roughly fist-sized, glow green, and can blow up an average car. Likewise, he makes these to specifically go off pointing away from him so he isn't blown up by his own power. He generally makes up to 6 at a time. This is because Harrison uses this power in connection with his other ability, his...

Other Abilities:
  • Orbital Field - Harrison can have objects orbit around him. While he does have various blades that can be used as an intimidating barrier, he prefers to use the explosives he can make - just to keep things safe. The field is roughly a little less than a meter from him (about three feet). In addition, Harrison has...
  • Enhanced Dexterity - Harrison is unlikely to be clumsy. He has a control over his muscles and movements, perhaps good enough to slip through a laser field... Plus, it makes him able to juggle pretty well. (For a reference, think as dexterous as Daredevil).

Power Drawbacks: -
  • The more tired or worn out Harrison is, the less explosives he can make and the less damaging his explosive. Making mines takes energy.
  • Harrison is unable to fire these mines long-distance. If he is not using his mines in his orbital arcs, they just remain on the ground. This makes Harrison vulnerable to distance attacks.
  • Mines on the ground can't be hidden since they glow with a green energy.
  • The speed of mines (or other objects) around Harrison goes at a max speed of 45 mph.

Equipment: Harrison also carries a few handguns (Colt .45s), a satellite phone with a decent camera, a Kevlar-armored costume that is also heat resistant (to avoid scorching from mine blasts), polarized eyewear to prevent Harrison from being blinded by his own explosions.

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: Kansas City, KS.

Biggest Flaw: Not the best follower. Wants to lead and be acknowledged for what he does. Gets resentful if he isn't recognized. Is always thinking how he can move ahead in the pecking order.
Main Skills: First aid, some cooking, can play the piano, some accounting skills.

Personality: On the surface, Harrison seems sure, confident of himself and seemingly very capable, if not a little jealous at times. Internally, however, Harrison is very insecure, and craves the recognition of others. While he wants to be a team leader, he also would take every failure more personally, and for that reason would not do well in a high-pressure leadership situation. Puts himself forward to lead others, and gets resentful when he has to follow.

Biography: Harrison Robbins grew up in a lower middle class family in Kansas City, Missouri. He did fairly well in school, avoided gang influences, and was on his academic way to college. To support himself, he picked up a few after school and weekend jobs, including stocking shelves at a small neighborhood pharmacy.

One day, a crisis happened at the pharmacy. Harrison was in the back, receiving a shipment of supplies, when a gunshot went off. Harrison froze, because he didn't know if it was safe to go out. After a few minutes of silence, Harrison steeled himself to gradually check out what had happened. His kind boss, Mr. Chen, was lying on the floor profusely bleeding out of his chest. He died within moments. The EMTs who arrived later said that there was nothing Harrison could have done, but he doubted their words as just trying to cheer up a kid. If he had come in sooner, maybe his boss wouldn't have died on the floor of his own pharmacy.
The police found that the only things taken from the pharmacy was $50 from the cash register and some over the counter drugs. Harrison's emotions were a mix of fury, grief, shock and self-hatred for not acting quick enough.

The next few days, Harrison's mind was all over the place, and nowhere at the same time. He couldn't focus. Couldn't get the sight out of his mind. Harrison kicked himself mentally by the hour for letting his boss die for nothing, leaving behind a widow who didn't speak English and a toddler-aged daughter. His mind was a deadened mess, and he could hardly stand to eat. His family and friends tried to cheer him up, but all he wanted was to be left alone.

And it was at one of these times, in his fury and helplessness, that some green glowing energy orbs began forming, and then circling around him. Stirred from his self-pity, Harrison was astonished that this was happening to him. With a little concentration, the orbs began to move faster. He stood up, and walked forward, noting that the orbs went with him, always circling about three feet around him. At first, he thought it was a nice light show. He was able to dissipate the orbs, and they went to nothingness. Trying it again, he found that he could get them going again. On and off. On and off. Speeding up the lights and slowing them down. It was only later that Harrison realized this was more than just a pretty sight, when he had them on and brushed up against the side of a fence on the way to a friend's place. The orb exploded and a hole the size of a basketball opened up in the fence where the orb had touched. Harrison's eyes widened as he realized these suckers were dangerous.

Shortly after that, Harrison was approached by a recruiter from the Syndicate, and the rest is history.

#HLApp
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Auphelia wrote:snip

The power isn't as bad as the last time but a lot of this is going to have to be cut out so she focuses on one or two things that she does well instead of having super size, durability, immunity to most types of attacks, etc.
Last edited by Forest State on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:54 am

Sage Knight

"Even today it's survival of the fittest. Some can build bombs, some can save lives, I can take them.""

VITALS

Name: Sage Knight
Nickname/Alias: Geode
Appearance:

Build: 6'2", Looks 180 lbs (Is actually 320)
Classification: Group B for now

Primary Ability: Earth Magic - Sage is an accomplished Earth Mage, with a specialization in generating durable crystals she uses to create weapons and armor. Beyond this, she can manipulate earth, creating walls, pits, domes, and more. In addition she can launch earth, or her own generated crystals at high speeds (The smaller the weight, the faster it moves) giving her an effective ranged attack.

Other Abilities:Enhanced Physicality - Stamina, Strength, Agility, Reaction Time, Dexterity, all of it has been enhanced. Stamina and Strength are both actually superhuman (Sage need's about 1/2 much rest as a human, and recovers from fatigue twice as quickly), though at low levels (Sage’s current max feat sits at 2400lbs benched) Their Agility and Dexterity are both finely honed, and are at professional athlete levels with little training. Basically everything not mentioned can be assumed to be about twice human average (or 50% better if twice would take it above human limits).

Mild Body Transformation- Magic - Can alter their sex, and some basics about build (Hair, Bone Structure, Colors, ETC), but not height, or weight. They also can’t alter muscle mass, and while they can replace scar tissue created from normal attacks, magical injuries still scar, and remained scarred as per normal.

Power Drawbacks: Diet - Sage needs twice as much food and water as a human does to stay healthy, though they starve/dehydrate at the normal human rate. Under normal circumstances this isn't a major drawback, but long operations or capture could leave Sage vulnerable. Furthermore, Sage has a intense craving for, and consumes copious amounts of sugar.

Earth Magic (Generated Constructs) - The constructs react to energy (Fire, Sound, Light, Electricity, Direct Magic, ETC) as the normal version of the constructs would (Particularly vulnerable to rapid sequential heating and cooling). Once Sage stops touching her constructs , a timer starts, during which the crystals begin degrading, returning to energy if you will. All constructs, no matter how strong or weak, have the same timer. Over the course of an hour they breakdown, weakening, and fade away. Touching the constructs again in that hour restarts the timer, but does not reset the damage done to them without further use of the power.

Equipment: Has a set of lockpicks, and a 9mm Glock 22, preferring to kill in ways that won't attract attention to her status as a metahuman.

DETAILS

Organization: Independent (With an Interest in The Wayward)
Profession: Criminal (Mostly acts as unassuming muscle, for now)

Alignment: Evil

Residence: London (Currently)

Personality: Sage is, contrary to her appearance, a fairly quiet, and introverted person. While she has few issues talking with others, she is closed off, and private about herself. Once you earn Sage’s trust, a hard fought battle, she is quite friendly and open with you, and exceedingly loyal, treating you as she would her family. On the flip side, she harbors a deep anger, and hatred for the Syndicate, and world in general, blaming

Biography: Originally born Sage Brook, and Elliot Knight, Sage never had much of a chance for a normal life. Both were metahumans, an Earth mage, and Brook a roundabout powerhouse. That however, wasn't what doomed her, it only set the timer. Both lived hard lives on the streets of Canada, easy pickings for a madwoman and her cohorts. After years of experimentation, they were eventually killed, and Sage Knight born form their remains through some amalgam of magic and medicine. She eventually formed a family, and was particularly protective of a young girl named Carolina. After a few more years, at the young age of seventeen, the group tried to escape the facility. Sage was the only one to make it out alive, albeit badly wounded. She went to the Syndicate for help, to try and get some justice for her fallen family, but for some reason she never found out, they never made a move on the madwoman.

After a year, Sage took matters into her own hands, and slaughtered the compound with her better understood powers, and skills learned since her escape. She left their mutilated bodies on display, and found what she believed was proof the Syndicate simply hadn't cared. She also found the thoroughly dissected bodies of her fallen family, and ensured they got a proper, if unmarked burial. With that, she searched for her original families, to find some sense of closure or connection to the world, only to have them reject her, or find them already dead. She had been created to be a weapon, the world didn't want her, her family was gone, her last connections to the world were destroyed by what she saw as the Syndicates decadence, even if it wasn't true it's what she believed.

Now she's found her way to London, where she continues to eek out a living acting as muscle for various petty gangs, or criminals that need a better push for some scheme. She's been careful to keep her head down, and off the Syndicate's radar by never using one face for to long, or sticking to one home for to long. With The Wayward supposedly heading to London, she's seized on this chance to find a way to truly strike back at the Syndicate for their perceived wrongdoings, and has begun quiet work to try and attract their attention, though she is still working small till a good opportunity presents itself.

#HLApp
Last edited by Durmatagno on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 am

Actually going to bring this character in instead of Jess.

JEANINE CASTEL

"Don't come too close to me... You don't want to get burned."

VITALS

Name: Jeanine Castel
Nickname/Alias: Warlock
Appearance:

Build: 5'6", 123 lbs but fit

Primary Ability: Biomagic. Jeanine specializes in manipulating living things, or rather, creating them. Of course, this doesn't mean creating full people. Her creations are closer to plants in terms of structure but that doesn't mean they aren't useful. Dark tendrils, living armor, adaptive barricades that can regenerate themselves to an extent... Those are all things that Jeanine can and does create with her powers, which have also taken a turn towards black magic since her transformation, when the changes in her personality following her snapping bled over to her powers. She's able to manipulate the things she create and her power also applies to an extent to herself, although this area of it isn't strong enough for her to make serious changes to her own body and is more useful for cosmetic things. She can, however, create constructs that bond with her body, such as claws and wings.

Other Abilities: N/A.

Power Drawbacks: These constructs take more time and energy to construct than using other abilities would require. Therefore, preparation, planning, and teamwork has to go into using Jeanine's power for it to make an impact. Creating something like a construct that's bonded with her body would take minutes, meaning it can't be done mid fight. Some kind of rudimentary beast could take half an hour or an hour, and the larger and more complex the creation, the longer it would take to make. Also, her creations aren't intelligent or sentient. They're more like puppets, meaning they're only useful when she's actively controlling them and not leaving them to their own devices. She can control them from any distance, but her control is weaker when she's further away or when she's multitasking. And knocking her out would make all of them immediately become useless.

Equipment: Most of her equipment is made up on the spot for the specific mission, but she does carry around certain weapons like a Saiga-12 shotgun and a VSS sniper rifle.

DETAILS

Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia
Sexuality: Pansexual

Biggest Flaw: Jeanine is her own worst enemy and both her past demons and her hot and cold personality have a chance to tear her down and ruin everything for her, from her relationships to her career with the Syndicate (although her ties to the Black Division give her some extra protection from the latter). She's not always the easiest person to be around, after all.

Main Skills: Despite all her problems Jeanine fared pretty well in her training as a hero and one of the reasons she was kept on was for her raw power, which has a lot of potential in the right hands and can be used for a variety of purposes ranging from combat to healing. While she specializes in combat, this can be expanded over time.

Personality: She's not really much of a hero anymore, to be honest. While there was a time that Jeanine embodied values such as kindness, loyalty, and justice, that time is past. She puts herself first and has an awkward personality when it comes to interacting with others. She's very driven and determined to complete her goals, as well as ambitious, but she's also brash and not the type of person to pull punches. Her moods vary, but generally, they run hot and cold. There's some times when she'll act like she's on top of the world and when she'll act especially brash, not always in the benefit of everyone else. But more of the time, she'll come off as... Cold, aggressive, and dark, leaving others wondering how she became a hero in the first place. Only those that can brave both states have much of a hope of getting close to her.

Biography: Jeanine Castel should have had a better life. She was born to a single mother, but that single mother was someone that was loved by a country. Beatrice Leclerc, also known as Captain Canada, was and still is the biggest name in Canada, a hero whose children were supposed to follow her path. But things would go differently for the twins: Catherine, as she was known back then, and Elodie. They didn't always receive as much attention as they should have from their mother, who was busy as a hero with Team Arctic, but they were always expected to follow in her footsteps. When they were 15 they were sent to the Syndicate's development center in Montreal, which was used to develop heroes all across Canada. They attended school there and they were also trained to be heroes in the process, balancing both and not having a ton of time outside of that.

But Jeanine, or Catherine as she was still known, never liked that life and slipped, and Elodie became the more successful one easily. She was at the top of their class and she was the one that other young heroes aspired to be. She also received more attention from their mother whenever she visited them or talked to them. She became increasingly proud of Elodie and increasingly dissatisfied with Jeanine, who needed her independence and didn't do well living at an academy designed to produce heroes. It wasn't that her powers weren't strong, but she didn't do well in a class setting and she never really got along with her other classmates, forming cold relationships at best. She began to hate her more successful sister, wanting what she had but finding herself unable to reach it.

They were supposed to graduate when they were 21, but trouble would break out the year prior, when they were only one year away from it. Jeanine would murder Elodie in cold blood following a series of arguments between the two, crushing her chest using a tendril that she had created specifically for the purpose. She left the academy before anyone could find the body, getting as far as she could in a stolen car before a police search would start across all of Quebec. Heading north, she escaped towards the rural areas but she would find that life on the run was harder than it seemed. After all, the murder was talked about for weeks on the news and didn't simply drop out of the news cycle. Her mother was devastated, and it didn't help her own case that her mother was a national hero and that her and her sister had their faces known by just about anyone who followed superheroes in Canada.

And then Jeanine was approached by the Syndicate's Black Division, who had tracked her down. The Black Division, of course, being the part of the Syndicate that handled the tasks the other branches couldn't, which didn't officially exist on paper. She was a perfect operative for them, after all. Ruthless, and not able to leave them because she had burned all her bridges and she was wanted under her real name. They took her to a facility where her face was altered artificially, and where her biometrics were changed. She was no longer Catherine Leclerc, but Jeanine Castel, and she had new records and a new identity that included places she had never been and people she had never met.

It was all bizarre to her and it went on without the mainline Syndicate finding out. After her transformation, they told her what she would be doing: she was to be an informant for the Black Division, which needed her to spy on the main branches of the Syndicate and report back to them. After all, the secret sub branch of Syndicate Special Operations was large enough that the idea of having spies... Wasn't so crazy. She accepted, not that she had much of a choice, and before she knew it she was assigned to Team Fox with the hopes that she would raise up the ranks.

#HLApp
don't tread on me

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:59 am

Hey hey.

Tagging, might do a character real quick.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 am

Durmatagno wrote:snip

Accepted.
Finland SSR wrote:Hey hey.

Tagging, might do a character real quick.

Feel free, we've only just begun the main IC thread.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:34 am

Forest State wrote:The power isn't as bad as the last time but a lot of this is going to have to be cut out so she focuses on one or two things that she does well instead of having super size, durability, immunity to most types of attacks, etc.

I made it so when she is large she doesn't have flight or strength at all, made it so she can't fly at the same time she is using her strength, and she is vulnerable to some meta human attacks, electricity, drowning, suffocation, and intense, continuous flame.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 am

Tagged. Hi Forest.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:48 am

Auphelia wrote:
Forest State wrote:The power isn't as bad as the last time but a lot of this is going to have to be cut out so she focuses on one or two things that she does well instead of having super size, durability, immunity to most types of attacks, etc.

I made it so when she is large she doesn't have flight or strength at all, made it so she can't fly at the same time she is using her strength, and she is vulnerable to some meta human attacks, electricity, drowning, suffocation, and intense, continuous flame.

Why not just have her take normal damage instead of only being vulnerable to a bunch of specific attacks that most enemies may or may not be able to use?

I don't know how you're supposed to drown or suffocate someone that's a giant, for example. She's basically still only vulnerable o electricity and flames.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 am

Forest State wrote:Why not just have her take normal damage instead of only being vulnerable to a bunch of specific attacks that most enemies may or may not be able to use?

I don't know how you're supposed to drown or suffocate someone that's a giant, for example. She's basically still only vulnerable o electricity and flames.

I chose the durability because I decided to try a more classic hero this time. If she is vulnerable to someone and they injure her, she's injured for a long time, but she isn't to most things, or else the durability/time warping in her body would be nothing but a giant drawback.

Also, anything that can cut off her supply to oxygen works as well. She hates dust and sand, because coughing and choking is terrible for her, and a force field over her that cuts off her supply of oxygen is a great way to knock her out or kill her. She is vulnerable to electricity and powerful flames, but they do more surface damage than anything, electricity making her stiff and sore for days and flame causing the top layer of her skin to grow hot and stay that way, a very painful few weeks as her body slowly tries to reverse the damage.

There are something like forty meta-humans in the Syndicate alone that could hurt/kill her, with more out in the world, many of them villains, and there hundreds of meta-humans with electrical powers and thousands with flame. She's not quite as tough as she might seem, just escalated in a world where people are beyond the bounds of what should be.

SC #307

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse