NATION

PASSWORD

Legends And Men [Heroes & Legends Reloaded | OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Heavy Work In Progress

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm

INSERT FULL NAME HERE IN CAPS

"I thought teleportation wasn't this destructive!"

VITALS

Name: Mark Greene
Nickname/Alias: (any ideas?)
Appearance:
[img]Image%20url%20goes%20here,%20or%20delete%20this%20part%20and%20write%20a%20description.[/img]

Build: (You can include height and weight here.)

Primary Ability: Instant Teleportation, he can teleport.

Other Abilities: N/A

Power Drawbacks: When he teleports, its very destructive, as the moment he goes into another place, he leaves behind a him-sized vacuum that air rapidly fills, which causes an implosion. Another drawback is that, unless its a very familiar place, such as home or the workspace, he can only teleport 8 meters in any direction. He also cannot teleport for 5 seconds after teleporting.

Equipment: A baseball bat. That's all.

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: Buffalo, NY
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Biggest Flaw:
Main Skills:

Personality:

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#HLApp

Work in Progress, I need ideas pls help.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 pm

After i make my character app. Can i make a faction like these guys? https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Roxxon_En ... (Earth-616)

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Shark isle wrote:After i make my character app. Can i make a faction like these guys? https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Roxxon_En ... (Earth-616)

I'm not sure we particularly need a faction like that but I guess there's nothing stopping you.
Union Princes wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Lexryt
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexryt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Tag- Putting app up asap.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:36 pm

JACK SAWYER

"I will crush them like the bugs they are"

VITALS

Name: Jack Sawyer
Nickname/Alias: Crusader
Appearance: Jack is a physically imposing Asian man with black hair, brown eyes, and scars covering a large portion of his body
Build: 6'6, 245 lbs

Primary Ability: Super agility. He has lightning fast reflexes, surprising parkour skill even in armor, and can perform impressive acrobatic feats

Other Abilities: Heightened reflexes

Power Drawbacks: Lightning fast reflexes don't work if the attack is quiet and a flashbang or similar ordinance can debilitate him for a good while.

Equipment: Variable length plasma sword, light full-body armor capable of stopping small caliber bullets and most blades, and plasma crossbow with range of 50 meters

DETAILS

Hometown: Detroit
Sexuality: Gay

Biggest Flaw: Can be blinded by his friends being threatened, which can lead to some pretty big mistakes.
Main Skills: Well skilled with most swords
Peak human strength
Personality: Jack’s a quiet man with a knack for making people angry and a weakness for a pretty face. He can make friends with pretty much anyone but don't expect him to get too close.

Biography: Jack was always the center of attention as a kid. Everyone told him what a great hero he'd make. He was a golden child, and could do no wrong. When he was 25, the police contracted him for hero work and equipped him with cutting edge tech put him into training and that put him in the spotlight even further. And he loved every minute of it. It was where he belonged. He was naive, though, and cocky. And that was his downfall.

Looking to gain renown in the city, he went after a Meta that had just killed 23 people at a family reunion without any backup, and went entirely dark tracking him for several months. He found him at a rundown hotel in a bad part of town and went in alone, ready for a fight. He couldn't take all 30 gang members that hid in the building though. He was captured and marked missing by the police. He doesn't talk about the 2 months he spent missing or where he got the scars on his chest, and he was much looser in his morals after he got back. He went on a mission for the police and lo and behold, there was one of the gangsters who'd captured him. That one went to the ICU for 3 weeks. The one he squealed on, a lieutenant in the gang, was admitted to the hospital, but he refused to tell what happened to him. This trend of criminals going to intensive care and refusing to say how they got their injuries continued, until the Syndicate noticed the gradual drop in crime in Detroit over 2 years and sent a few people to investigate. They found reports of a hero called Crusader working with the police force and abundant stories of a white knight from the people. They were impressed with his work against street crime, and more specifically Metahumans, and offered him a position in London on Team Fox. He decided that it was time for the Crusader to go global. The people needed a symbol of justice, if not hope or mercy. And London was a good place to start.

#HLApp
Last edited by Lessoni on Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Pebis

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 pm

JAY KHALIFA

"I'm not a hero. Just someone on a mission."

VITALS

Name: Jay Khalifa
Nickname/Alias: Metalist
Appearance:

Build: 6'4", 232 lbs

Primary Ability: Jay can manipulate metals and create metal out of nothing. This can be used for either constructing things or as an offensive weapon, but the metal creation is slow enough that it's not likely to impale someone unless they're not that great at moving out of the way. However, it is good for area control and for altering the battlefield as it is possible to create things such as platforms of metal, walls that are hard for someone to pass without the right gear, or reinforcements for existing structures. Jay's manipulation of metal only extends to metal that he has created, not any metal found in the environment.

Other Abilities: Jay can also cover his skin in metal for increased durability. This state also makes him immune to electric based attacks, and increases his overall weight depending on the type of metal used. However, energy is expended quicker in this state so going into it for more than a few minutes at a time isn't a good idea. It's something to use, say, at the end of a fight rather than throughout the entire fight.

Power Drawbacks: The type of metal that Jay creates alters the expenditure of energy. Heavier and more durable metals expend more energy while lighter ones can be created without expending much at all. Balancing this is the key to having success in a battle for Jay. Additionally, heavier metals take more time to create meaning things like barriers need to be constructed before a fight begins and not while being shot at.

Equipment: Jay typically brings various rifles into combat but will also use heavy metal swords and shields created on the spot.

DETAILS

Nationality: British
Hometown: Leeds
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: Jay's biggest flaw is perhaps the temper and the bitter attitudes that can be counterproductive. His main goal is revenge and he'll work towards this even at the expense of more productive measures which would benefit him and not just take down an enemy. And it's not really that hard to get on the bad end of his temper, which was well known to his former colleagues.
Main Skills: As someone that was trained by the best, Jay is skilled in espionage, sabotage, stealth, and well... Generally things that require someone to be quick thinking and tactically competent. His powers, surprisingly, aren't his main skill. These things, however, are. You could make an argument that out of everything, intuition is where he excels.

Personality: Jay comes off as rather austere to most people, but it makes sense considering his background. When you haven't had much and have had to work for things most people take for granted, you tend to care less for goofing off and more for staying focused on the job. In his personal life, it's clear to whoever knows Jay that there's an... Anger underneath everything that is constantly burning.

Biography: "Picture two siblings in your head, both of them metahumans. They had a strong bloodline, apparently. They're destined for success but one of them ends up being the loser of the family and the other one does everything right. The one that does everything right is on the path to becoming a hero and making big money that will be enough to take care of the siblings, their parents, and all their friends. In other words, she's the family's ticket out of the shit they're in. The other one fucks around too much and ends up with a shadier crowd, but it doesn't matter because his sister is doing everything right and she's going to take care of all of them. They kick the shady brother out of the family at age twenty and he ends up moving to Leeds by himself where he hardly can hold down a job and he has a number of problems from substances to not being able to hold a girlfriend. But the family doesn't care because the sister is about to sign a contract that'll pay out half a million over the first year, and she has a chance to make more later on.

And then that same sister messes around too much and ends up pregnant. She's going to have this kid and she won't be able to handle the job of being a hero at the same time, and it's competitive. If she doesn't take this spot, someone else will and she'll miss out on a lot of the money. Money for her family. So what happens to the baby? Well, she hands the baby off to the uncle that was kicked out of the family and acts like she isn't the mother at all. No visits, no cards, no presents. And she never even sent money over, despite having enough. It wasn't because she couldn't, it was more because of a petty grudge against her brother for being the loser of the family when they were growing up. She didn't care that her son was the one that suffered because of that.

Have you pictured it in your mind? Well, the thing is, I'm that son. I grew up with my Uncle Myles and we didn't have shit. I was told that my mother was rich by now but she was never going to send anything back because of her grudges and sibling rivalry. And I never found out who she was or who the rest of her family was. They had completely cut ties with each other and they never talked. I'd find out when I was thirteen that the only reason I was here was because my mother had wanted to have an abortion and Myles talked her into just sending me to him without even sending anything else over like money to help with the expenses. According to him, nobody knows I exist. The pregnancy was covered up well and there's no media record of it.

I don't know why he never told me who she is. It might have been to shelter me and keep me from seeing what I was missing. It might have been because he was afraid of what I'd try to do later if I found out, because of the anger in my heart that I had towards her. But I never found out from him who his family was. He said it was better to leave the past in the past, and he'd even had his surname changed from theirs to reflect that. It made sense. They were only family in name, it's not like they ever came around. Even when he overdosed.

No, when Uncle Myles overdosed the only family I met were the others from his past who weren't tied by blood but obviously cared more than his real family ever did. The shady people he had met after coming to Leeds, some of them being ones that I'd seen before when I was very young. They didn't know who his family was, either. He'd always preferred to forge his own path. But I was seventeen at the time and these people took me in. We went to the United States and I would eventually join their ranks. It had been too much for my uncle to stomach, but not me, and it helped that I was a metahuman. I'd never been able to do much with my powers before, but they gave me training and had some very smart people in their ranks who helped me with that.

By the time I was 20, I was getting into the action. I did some things that would disqualify most people from being a hero. I helped to stoke conflicts around the world from the shadows, to profit off of what happened in them. I fought against heroes and villains alike and I left multiple bodies behind, never showing my face and never leaving a trail. After entering their organization as a trainee when I was 17 and staying until I was 27, I put in the ten years I had signed up for. And then I had a choice. Stay in this life or exit now while I was still winning. I chose to exit and chase after what had been on my mind the entire time. They gave me forged records, saying I had done security work until now. And they had friends within the Syndicate who vouched for me.

I traded in this line of work for the cleaner work of being a hero, but I've never been concerned with fighting for honor and justice and all of that. No, I'm thinking about my mother and getting payback on the bitch that left me. But before I can do that, I have to find her. And that brings me back to my home country, and my mother's city: London."

#HLApp
don't tread on me

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:03 am

TAG.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 am

KATE FLYTA

"Don't look at me."

VITALS

Name: Kate Flyta
Nickname/Alias: Blink
Appearance: Reddish-blonde haired woman. Moderate height and build. Extremely generic appearance. Look, you know what a human looks like? It's that. Literally just the platonic ideal of "female humanoid".

Build: Middling build and height; 165cm height and 54kg weight.

Primary Ability: External observation based speed. If nobody is looking at Kate she can move at up to 120 miles per hour (192 km/h, 54m/s, 180 ft/s). However, if anyone has her in their line of sight she will be reduced to normal moving speed regardless of how aware they are of her. The exceptions to this rule are if they can only see her reflection, if she is obstructed by an opaque object, if they are looking at her through any distortion (footage, tinted glass, moving water) and if they can only see her shadow. Any other secondary means of observation will also fail to restrict her primary ability. Notably, people wearing glasses will be unable to "observe" her unless they take their lenses off. While it may seem as if a full-body suit might greatly improve this ability, any garment that completely obscures her from an observer but makes direct contact with her skin becomes her new "observational layer", meaning anyone who looks at that will still cancel her ability.

Other Abilities: Primary observation. Kate's abilities work both ways, though they manifest extremely different. If she looks at someone without blinking the person in question will slowly begin to lose perception of her, while her perception of them will increase dramatically. For example, by staring at someone for about half an hour she could essentially render herself invisible to that person in particular, unless someone else pointed her out to her target. Meanwhile, she'd gradually become more aware of the person she was looking at; gaining an intuitive knowledge of their location and movements. After three minutes of specific observation she can make herself invisible to a random bystander not looking for her. Fifteen minutes for someone aware of her and casually looking for her, and thirty minutes for someone specifically hunting for her. This "invisibility" effect allows her primary ability to manifest even in their field of vision but is instantly dispelled if she touches them, if someone tells her target where she is or if she performs any extremely flashy action (i.e setting off a bomb, standing in broad daylight, e.t.c). Time is only counted toward the "observation gauge" if she does not blink for longer than fifteen seconds while staring at her target.

Power Drawbacks: If a large number of people (>8) look at Kate at the same time she will actively lose mobility. While 2 people alone would be able to negate her primary ability simply by blinking not-at-the-same-time, if ten or more people stare at her while maintaining awareness of her (i.e they are actually trying to look at her; so a random crowd won't have the same effect), she will begin to suffer from extensive muscle paralysis. At the threshold of 10 people, she will essentially have a mild nervous dysfunction. At 30, she will become entirely paralysed.

Equipment: Smoke grenades, eyedrops, a knife, rope, a radio, a tranquilliser air rifle with four shots, binoculars, flares, a strobe "dazzler" torch.

DETAILS

Nationality: English
Hometown: Sussex, Chichester
Sexuality: Asexual

Biggest Flaw: An unwillingness to work in large groups, over-reliance on her abilities and too non-confrontational. She's a pushover in any argument.
Main Skills: Stealth, reconnaissance and one-on-one duelling due to the nature of her abilities. In terms of regular human operation, she's an effective tactician and an expert at blending in.

Personality: A workaholic with several degrees of professionalism. Outside of work she's agreeable and sloppy, content to live a rather low-income life if it means having fun. She's sociable to a fault despite the nature of her abilities but typically a bit of a recluse about her home life and opinions. During work hours she is extremely professional and straightforward, taking easy routes to achieving what she wants and generally acting in the interest of getting the job done - or, if you're a bit of a cynic, getting home early.

Biography: Kate was born to working parents in Sussex. Her father was a nurse and her mother was a lawyer, bringing in a great deal of money to fund her education. Her condition manifested later in life, when during her seventh grade middle-school graduation speech she suddenly seized up as a room of over four hundred people stared right at her. As soon as she was moved into the ambulance she regained motion and told the doctors what had happened. Mere days later she was scheduled to attend a professional analytical session and the nature of her abilities was established. It was decided that she would live a mostly normal life, since as long as she didn't attract any attention or make any flashy speeches, she'd be fine. However, at school, she could no longer perform, make speeches or anything of the sort; and so her public speaking skills were greatly diminished, though she wouldn't know, since she would never be able to use them again.

When she graduated from high school and started going to university she buried herself in medical studies, hoping that she could become successful despite her inherent issues with large groups of people. Starved for attention by bigger crowds, she developed more intimate relationships and went out with small cadres of friends in lieu of larger parties. This all came to a head when one night she was walking home alone and was accosted by a mugger in an alley, fighting back and inadvertently killing him when she threw a punch just as her attacker blinked, hitting them at a speed great enough to cave their face in. She was acquitted on terms of self defence but the experience left her different. After all, she'd just killed a living, breathing human in an act of desperation. In time this grew into a hero complex and for a short while she acted like a vigilante, prowling high-crime areas in an attempt to feel the same elation again. After all, isolation had left her rather strange - though thankfully, she was almost entirely unsuccessful in following through with her goals. But, after a particularly savage incident involving three men whose eyes hadn't been in the right place she was dragged in by law enforcement. She wasn't imprisoned due to the circumstances but she was forced to undergo mandatory psychiatric evaluation on a monthly basis and receive treatment for her condition. Eventually the complex subsided but her more... "heroic" impulses remained in some form.

She finished her studies, graduated as a doctor of medicine and got work as a Specialty Registrar (StR, junior doctor). Yet in a twist of events she realised that her chosen career wasn't as fulfilling as she'd imagined. So, she applied to be part of the Syndicate, who had been responsible for her management at an earlier age. Following several months of adjustment and evaluation she joined the organisation and was appointed as a field agent working in reconnaissance, treatment and rescue.

#HLApp
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:01 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:snip

Well, the app does seem balanced. But I have to say, I don't know how she's planning to work on Team Fox or why the Syndicate would put her there.

It's a very public team. We're operating in a large city and everyone should be able to operate around a crowd environment because of that. That's also ruling out any noncombat things that put us around crowds such as publicity events, appearances, and anything else.

I'm not sure why they'd put someone on a team like this if being looked at by a crowd is going to paralyze her.
don't tread on me

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 am

Forest State wrote:
Menschenfleisch wrote:snip

Well, the app does seem balanced. But I have to say, I don't know how she's planning to work on Team Fox or why the Syndicate would put her there.

It's a very public team. We're operating in a large city and everyone should be able to operate around a crowd environment because of that. That's also ruling out any noncombat things that put us around crowds such as publicity events, appearances, and anything else.

I'm not sure why they'd put someone on a team like this if being looked at by a crowd is going to paralyze her.

In the app it's said that people actually have to look at her with intent. So if someone's just passing by and not paying attention to her it won't paralyze her, just prevent her from using her super speed.

Someone has to actively try to keep an eye on her for that to work. Plus, her awareness abilities (looking at people makes her see them through walls e.t.c) allow her to act from afar. I gave her a tranq rifle because she could act as a sniper.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:35 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:
Forest State wrote:Well, the app does seem balanced. But I have to say, I don't know how she's planning to work on Team Fox or why the Syndicate would put her there.

In the app it's said that people actually have to look at her with intent. So if someone's just passing by and not paying attention to her it won't paralyze her, just prevent her from using her super speed.

Someone has to actively try to keep an eye on her for that to work. Plus, her awareness abilities (looking at people makes her see them through walls e.t.c) allow her to act from afar. I gave her a tranq rifle because she could act as a sniper.

Well, I still believe the nature of the team would make it dangerous.

But I'll accept it.
don't tread on me

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 am

FACTION APPLICATION

Name: Jibae (지배)

Classification: Group B | Diversified conglomerate

Membership: 94, 021

Areas of Operation: South Korea, UK, US, Australia, China, India, Philippines, Brazil and Germany

Alignment: Neutral, leaning towards the authorities

Description of Faction Strength Level: Lacking the trappings of governments and private military companies, Jibae instead resorts to crippling the enemy economically. Aside from restricting much-need cash from anybody, including governments, it can also restrict its juicy technological exports and divert them to somewhere more profitable, which adds insult to injury if the company needed to. Curiously, enough, Jibae is alleged to have ties with Medusa, which might have something to do with the company's rather enigmatic regent.

Background: Jibae is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in downtown Busan. It compromises numerous affiliated businesses and is one of the fastest-growing South Korean chaebol (business conglomerate). It has been also described by Fortune to be the fastest growing company to date, rising to the Top 500 by 2016 and has been steadily rising up every year with a standard deviation of 7.5.

Founded in 1975 by Han Kyung as a banking firm, it's main business concerns nowadays are comprised of entertainment, finance. wetware, bionics, robotics, telecommunications, defense and even agriculture. The company saw rise to following the invention NeuroLink system by Kyung's grandson Han Jae-moon, which led to the development of the NERVA neuro-virtual reality console system. As it hit the stores, NERVA would break many records and would stand toe-to-toe with established console systems such as Playstation and Xbox. The NeuroLink system was not to be used simply for entertainment only, for it lead to a goldmine of profits and advancements in wetware, software and bionics.

Jibae's main manufacturing bases are located in China, Australia and South Korea, although most of corporation's R&D are scattered across Europe, North America, Brazil and South Korea while its main agricultural operations are located in India and the Philippines. It's financial strongholds are located in the UAE and South Korea. Jibae's main headquarters is located in Busan, with duplicate offices in London, San Francisco and Adelaide. It also has a small but highly innovative military industry which has provided cutting-edge military equipment to armed forces around the world, with rumored ties with Medusa.

#HLApp

JOHANN W. LYSANDER

"Even a breath on the scale can determine success or failure. See the breath before it forms, and all scales balance in your favor."

VITALS

Name: Johann W. Lysander
Nickname/Alias: N/A
Appearance:

Build: 1.75 m, 84 kg
Classification: Group B

Primary Ability: Peak Human Intelligence

Power Drawbacks: Johann's intelligence can only go as far as human limits go without modification, nor he is the smartest normal person in the world clocking at only 154 IQ. Despite his brilliance, he can still be outsmarted.

Equipment:
    - [10] Jibae Remote Eyesight Drone: A fleet of miniature drones small than a human palm in conjunction with an insert placed in his neck. The drones, outfitted with the highest resolution cameras possible, aids Lysander's vision, as well as giving him a list of new, amazing abilities. It allows him to see in night and thermal vision, as well as the ability to see 360 degrees and even in multiple directions at once. The drones have a maximum flight range of 200 meters, and maximum height of 8 feet. However, the drones themselves can be easily destroyed physically and by electromagnetic pulse.
    - [1] Jibae Elevate Smart Watch
    - [1] smartphone
    - [1] 2000 Nokia 3310
    - [1] bulletproof vest

DETAILS

Organization: Jibae
Profession: Regent of Jibae, Head of Jibae R&D Division

Alignment: Neutral

Nationality: British
Residence: London
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Intimidatingly calm and sophisticated, enigmatic, patient and perspicacious are words you associate with Johann W. Lysander, regent of rising South Korean multinational conglomerate Jibae, lead of the company's R&D division and self-proclaimed recluse. It was perhaps his perspicacity, knack for business, calm temperament despite stressful situations and most of all, a dog-like loyalty, that made then-CEO Han Sung-min appoint Lysander as company regent until Han Jae-moon reaches 18. Despite all of his sophistication, he is willing to achieve and never give up on a task at all costs, of course within reasonable and crucial bounds. This has never stopped Lysander however to use covert methods to safeguard the company.

Lysander is an excellent tactician, preferring to delegate and employ others, biding his time rather than getting his hands dirty. He also has somewhat of a hidden fatherly side to him, especially when giving counsel or reprimanding Jae-moon in absentia of the latter's parents, although he has managed to successfully deny to father-son relationship, if not hide it entirely. His loyalty comes at a cost, however, for it meant preferring to save the company and its heir-apparent over himself.

Biography: Not much is known about the man, the myth and the enigma that is Johann W. Lysander. However, only a few details regarding Lysander were leaked out to the press. One, he was born in 1975, at Culpeper, Virginia, USA to British nationals Eric and Irma Lysander. Secondly, Lysander graduated at ETH Zurich. Lastly, he is employed by Jibae in 2014. The causes of as to why the scientist is blinded, and how he retained the position as lead of the R&D is a mystery, but rumors circulate that his blindness was caused by an accident or even torture by supervillain organizations. Another prominent conspiracy theory is Lysander's role as to why Jibae's assests were supposedly safeguarded from threats such as the Red Storm via connections, most prominently with Medusa.

No matter the enigma surrounding the man, there are only few things Lysander wants to do: groom the heir-apparent, safeguard and expand the company, continue innovating and never get late to tea time.

#HLApp
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Tag, now to procrastinate on my app for years
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Hmm... since I was thinking of possibly reusing a character from elsewhere, would this particular powerset work, or is it too much?

Primary Ability: (Wasn't sure exactly how to organise them into primary/secondary power order, so I just put the power he first awakened as the primary power - I guess it could all potentially come under some sort of molecular manipulation umbrella).

Regenerative Healing Factor He can heal. Fairly self explanatory. It's passive, not instant, and whilst he can recover from extreme damage that average people definitely wouldn't return from, the speed of healing depending on severity of injuries, and it is still painful. Repeated injuries, electrocution, drugs, objects blocking the healing process, misaligned body parts, etc can interfere with healing process. The most serious injuries cause him to enter a death-like state, though as soon as key/core elements of his nervous system regenerate - which is what his body will try to repair first, he'll regain awareness, at least to some extent, even if he may not have healed enough to do much more than that). After healing, may be rather tired/hungry/dehydrated. He'll essentially heal from all manner of things given enough time, but this doesn't exactly mean he's immune to injuries and can just shrug stuff off.
Other Abilities:
    1: Molecular Oscillation. He can vibrate the molecules of living (including himself) and non-living matter at high speeds with various effects, most commonly to passing through or harden other molecules. It takes the form of very powerful vibrations produced and directed from his body. The uses for this are many and varied, but they range from allowing him to skate at high-speeds across solid surfaces and disarm opponents that strike him with weapons, all the way up to carving through high-carbon steel with his fingertips. Electricity can be a problem; a static shock will slow him down for a minute or two, but getting tasered or hit with an electrical superpower is going to put him out of commission for hours when using this ability. He also has significantly more trouble using his mobility powers when surfaces are icy.

2: Phasing/Intangibility. Utilising his molecular manipulation, he can transform his body into an intangible form, deciding what objects his body can interact with. He generally has to focus on it to be phased (meaning he can be surprised and attacked) and he can only phase through something as long as he holds his breath (after all, he's not phasing all the air around him along with him, so he only has the air already in his body). The denser the material, the harder, more difficult and sometimes even painful it is to phase through it. He may also need a certain precision and attention to control what phases and what doesn't, and could end up in a troublesome situation, to say the least, if this is not managed carefully. That includes being forced to become tangible when still travelling through a physical obstacle, and being in essence, telefragged. Such a situation would likely result in him being severely injured, for instance losing an arm if he becomes tangible while it is still part way through a wall. His phasing, molecular oscillation and self-detonation take energy, so he can't use them endlessly without resting/regaining energy.

Electricity can interfere with the phasing process, arcing into his body, re-constituting the molecules of his body without his input and forcing his entire body to become tangible again. Some other form of energy/particles may be able to get to him, as well. Whilst being intangible may allow him to avoid attacks, in turn he has to become tangible to do damage. For instance, to use a gun, it has to be tangible to work - so he'd have to become tangible too, to use it, otherwise the bullet would phase through things.

Theoretically, if he becomes intangible on particular frequencies, he can also make himself invisible, though because light won't reach him, he would be effectively blind. The same concept can be applied to sound, so to avoid sound-based attacks he'd have to render himself deaf. He can bring others with him into intangibility, but they need to be in direct physical contact beforehand. Before mastering this ability, there'll obviously be trouble controlling it properly. Phasing through walls and floors accidentally, phasing into things, loosing objects, clothing, etc.

When he gets better at using this skill, he may be able to use phasing offensively if he concentrates, with a weapon/object or body part of his being phased into another person, without his own body being affected negatively (so doing stuff like literally taking someone's heart out might be possible - just an idea though).

3: Self Detonation. Using his ability to manipulate molecules in his body, he can set of a chain reaction that involves a rapid, volatile build up of energy, resulting in an explosion. The size of the explosion can vary. Generally not the first course of action, for obvious reasons. He literally explodes. He can potentially set off a smaller explosion from part of his body, though he'd still pay a price for it. Fairly costly, uses a lot of energy, and isn't an instant recovery deal. Useful, and more so than it would be if he died easily. Still generally something he avoids doing unless necessary, or ordered to do so. This manipulation of energy and molecules is again related to his intangibility and molecular oscillation. May add some more weaknesses/prerequisites, though I'm not sure what else to add (open to suggestions, like particular things being able to neutralise this power, such as electricity, energy draining, some sort of interference like a bioelectrical canceller/molecular stabiliser/device that messes with/supresses/controls his body's energy and molecular activity, and/or other things - this may also work for blocking the oscillation and phasing powers). Not instant, so it could possibly be interrupted while building up.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Erica Edmunds

"Get back here Worcestershire, you're not supposed to- Oh, you killed a... Lowlife. Who's a good boy? "

VITALS

Name: Erica Edmunds
Nickname/Alias: Alpha
Appearance:

Build: 5' 4", 51kg
Primary Ability: Erica's main 'power; is what she calls 'Worcestershire', a snake-wolf thing that she can take control of like an extra body. Worcestershire is fairly fast, being able to run at 37 mph for short bursts, has an extremely venomous bite, has a dual cold and warm blooded circulatory systems that operate independently of one another and has fairly tough scale-bone plating, being able to take low caliber bullets and bladed weapons in addition to having a fairly good sense of smell and natural night vision. When she's not controlling him he acts like a big, friendly dog.

Power Drawbacks: Erica herself has no powers of her own; she's a mundane human, and Worcestershire, despite being a biological aberration, is just that, a biological aberration. If he dies, Erica is powerless, and he won't come back. Furthermore, Erica, when in control of him, feels everything he feels; so when he gets shot it's like she's been shot in terms of pain.

Equipment: None. Erica prefers to hang back and spot while Worcestershire does any fighting.

DETAILS

Nationality: English.
Hometown: Eastleach
Sexuality: Bisexual.

Biggest Flaw: Erica, under everything, has a fairly large sadistic streak; whether this is natural or a consequence of her bond to Worcestershire no one can say, but if given an excuse and an opportunity to have Worcestershire 'play with his food' as it were, she'll take it quite eagerly, with the food being whichever poor bastard ends up on the other end of him of course.
Main Skills: Erica is not a frontline fighter; however, her power providing her with effective independence means that she's sort-of adopted the role of a quasi-official field commander, being able to pick a spot from which to observe the battle in safety and from there assist in coordination and command in the field. She's quite observant, and is also fairly good at public speaking and communication in general. Also has a degree in biology.

Personality: Erica is, or at least appears to be, a nice person; she's quiet, but not too quiet, demure, yet not to the point where she won't speak her mind if she feels like it, self-confident but not to the point of arrogance. Under that facade, however, Erica is a deeply vicious and cruel person in reality; she quite enjoys inflicting pain and tormenting people, watching them squirm whether it be from insults or pain or just watching people struggle. Quite a perfectionist until the chips are properly down.

Biography: Erica was born in Eastleach, a small slice of Little England, to a family of upper-middle class property developers. A second child, but quite distant in age from her elder brother, she seemed a perfectly happy young girl, although somewhat taken to flights of imagination about a friendly dog she called Worcestershire whom she insisted was real, despite everyone insisting it was just her imagination. Erica just sulked and told them 'he'd show up eventually, he was just taking a bit.'

'A bit' turned out to be several years, and most people thought there was something wrong with her until her parents found her sitting by the doorstep with a lizard-dog-thing. They were naturally extremely concerned, to the point of almost shooting the thing with a shotgun, until Erica explained everything and demonstrated she could control the thing consciously, and also in a similar manner to that of a dog. They sent her and the dog off to be checked for powers, and it turned out she had some form of quasi-telepathy with the dog-thing.

Worcestershire became a somewhat scary companion for Erica through her life, attending a posh private school and college where she performed well because her parents expected her to and she expected herself to, and so she went through university and after leaving swiftly signed up to the Syndicate, because it was expected of her, as much as she'd quite like to just live somewhere with herself and Worcestershire.

#HLApp
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:snip

It is pushing it a little bit but it seems fine.
The Posthuman Coalition wrote:snip

Your image is broken. But other than that, accepted.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Last edited by Auphelia on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:08 pm

I will make my app soon.
Last edited by Shark isle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:45 pm

MARY WILSON ROSE

"What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!"

VITALS

Name: Mary W. Rose
Nickname/Alias: N/A
Appearance:

Build: 4’5, 100 lbs.

Primary Ability: Position Locking : "Can make objects stuck to a particular space, or making it be motionless with respect to another object...motionless relative to Earth....must be in line of sight of user to effect said objects (no need to touch to cause said effect)...allows to throw things in front of them and make them stop them mid-air...can only affect non-biological objects in respects of locking people in place...can only effect 2 objects at a time."

Other Abilities: Heavy-handed : “Can add weight to objects in line of sight. 3 objects are only be effected. Adds 120 pounds to said object.”

Power Drawbacks: Well, Mary is nothing flashy. Mary can’t tank bullets. Mary do can’t do magic. Mary is a fragile human that can lock some items into place...

Equipment: N/A

DETAILS

Nationality: Franco-American
Hometown: New York City
Sexuality: Bi

Biggest Flaw: Shitty Puns, nervous wreck, socially awkward, stalker.
Main Skills:Cooking…..only skill.

Personality: Mary is a shy person - only taking to people Mary knows well. Mary is also a bit of “coward” when it comes to risking one’s life on the line. Mary is socially awkward too, preferring to write fan-fics and other crap, instead of interacting.

Biography: Mary Wilson Rose’s life is nothing special. If I were to Describe Mary’s life - it would be extremely average - nothing worth to write down. So how did Mary manage to get into Team Fox? Good question. You see, Mar helped out few Syndicate teams on some occasions. One was in Russia, 2018, Mary was a journalist at the time, visiting Moscow. Unknown to Mary, Red Storm terrorists was about to ruin Mary’s day. Yet, unknown to the Red Storm terrorists, a Syndicate team knew of said Red Storm plans to bomb some peeps. A battle insures and Mary is caught in the crossfires. Popping out of cover, Mary saw a downed Syndicate hero. Said hero was about to get murdered by a terrorist via pistol. So, Mary locked the pistol in place, mid-air. The terrorist then got out a dagger - which Mary also locked in place. The terrorist then opted to simply use his hands, but he was wearing gloves - so, Mary also locked said gloves in place. Before the Red Storm terrorist could do anything else, he was shot to pieces by a responder.

The next incident was in 2019, when Mary was again caught in a battle between Syndicate heros and evil doers. There was a battle between two flying Superhero and Villain of sorts. Said villain was wearing some fancy boots. Mary helped out via making said boots 120 pounds more heavy (240, given that there is two boot). The villain started to fall to the ground in no-time. The next incident was in the same year, where Mary stopped suicide bombers from reaching two Syndicate heros. The next was when Mary stopped a bomb from going off via locking a Mechanism in place - saving civilians and a single Syndicate hero. Eventually after many more incidences, these trends were noticed by the heroes, Syndicate, and news. Mary was found out to be the person and the Syndicate offer Mary a spot on the Team Fox. Not exactly on the spotlight, but it was something.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lexryt
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexryt » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 pm

LANCE MARTIN

"I guess heroes can be made."

Name: Lance Martin
Species: Human
Nickname/Alias: Emissary

Appearance:

Build: 5’6/ 135 lbs.

Primary Ability: Character Creator: Can summon characters and items from an enchanted 3DS. This ability can be overclocked to create Legendary Summons. Legendary Summons are usually very powerful final bosses. They can persist for 5-10 minutes even if the DS breaks or short-circuits. The current list of summons are in the spoiler below (This includes Overclocks.)

ImageImage

Other Abilities: Can levitate up to 10ft. over any surface. Has innate knowledge of summons including names, skills, and how to use/communicate with them.
Power Drawbacks: Need to focus to change altitudes while levitating, and can only move as fast as he can run. Can only pull 4 summons per day (Excluding Overclock.) The summoning works in 4 slots. Small summons take 1 slot, medium take 2, and large take 3. 3DS has 2 Games installed digitally (Pokemon and Fire Emblem); any other games need to be inserted to summon from. If a game is ejected or the 3DS is destroyed, the summons (excluding Legendary) also disappear. If Overclocked, the 3DS Short circuits, disappears, weakens the user and renders them immobile.

Equipment:

Image This 3DS is bonded to its user. It is far more durable than it seems, capable of taking small arms fire and magic attacks. If broken or lost, this item will return to its owner within 12 hours.
List of Physical Games: Shovel Knight, Mario, Persona 5, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts,, Minecraft.

DETAILS

Hometown: Warm Springs, Nevada
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: Gets caught up in the moment and sometimes forgets about his allies as he controls his summons.
Main Skills: Surprisingly good at cooking, but not particularly good at anything else. Actually terrible at using weapons and vehicles unless summoned by his 3DS.

Personality: Calm exterior, but actually quite childish when you get to know him. Quick to anger if bullied. Actively avoids verbal confrontation.

Biography: I discovered my power to levitate at an early age. I was playing with some toys when I was 6 when my parents discovered me floating 5 ft. in the air with my plastic airplane.

I didn't get my Special 3DS until I was 17. I was playing a plain old 3DS on my way to school when I walked into a crowd. There was something going on, but I wasn't paying much attention. I can deal with crowds, but I'm not the biggest fan of them. The tight space, the noise, but it was the only way to school unless I wanted to take a 10 minute detour. There was some kind of argument going on, but I was to focused on crushing a trainer in Pokemon. I finally got to the front of the crowd and someone grabbed my scarf to stop me moving forward. That’s when the fight started. Later I found out the 2 fighting were some randos with powers, but in the moment when I looked up I saw a hero and a villain duking it out just like in the games I loved to play. The crowd ran, but I watched in awe as they clashed. One of them was a Technomancer and the other had some sort of psychic energy ability. The Psychic threw a blast of energy that collided with a robotic shield sending shrapnel everywhere. A stray piece of machinery imbued with energy shot towards me, but I blocked it with my 3DS. The 3DS shattered and the pieces seemed to disappear out of our plane of existence. Then I ran home and spent the day imagining how I could have fought if I had a better power. Levitation is cool and all, but I wanted to be like a hero in my games. 12 hours later the 3DS was somehow in my pocket fully fixed. When I turned it on the screen had changed to display how to use it.

I spent a while messing around with my new found power learning the ins and out but I was still in school. I never told anyone about the 3DS and trained in secret in back allies. I started by building a rapport with my summons and getting used to the weapons. Quickly my summons became some of my best friends. On my 24th birthday I finally figured out how to overclock the DS and I summoned the Legendary Pokemon Rayquaza. This was the first time someone noticed a summon. And by someone I mean a lot of people. One such person was a recruiter for The Syndicate. After he interviewed me and found out what i had done he said I had the potential to be a hero. And who was I to deny an offer of a lifetime.
#VPApp
Last edited by Lexryt on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 pm

PANOPTES

"I see you."

VITALS

Name: Ira (Caleb) Ufspitz.
Nickname/Alias: Spider Eyes.
Appearance:
fair skinned, short black hair, dark-dark-without-whites eyes.

Build: Wiry Musculature, 5’ 10”, 150 lbs.

Primary Ability: Four pairs of eyes resulting in 360 degree vision

Other Abilities:
  • Ambidextrous with pistols and knives as a result of physical training.
  • Enhanced dodging ability as a result of physical training.
  • Enhanced durability and strength to double normal human ability as a result of physical training.
  • Enhanced movement and increased number of actions per second via amphetamine use.
  • Expanded visual wavelength range, normal to ultraviolet.

Power Drawbacks:
  • 360 degree and expanded visual wavelengths are more prone to temporary blindness with flashing and strobing lights beyond the wavelengths of normal human sight, These effects can be lessened with proper protective custom eyeware.
  • Prolonged Amphetamine use can cause chronic health problems and requires frequent detox treatments.
  • Physical abilities require nearly daily training.

Equipment:
  • Custom fit BDU fatigues in gray camouflage pattern.
  • Kevlar vest.
  • Lexan helmet with custom vision protection for the four pairs of eyes on his head.
  • Pair Ka-Bar 1220 US Army Knives
  • Pair Singer M1911A1 .45 Caliber Automatic Pistols.
DETAILS

Nationality: German
Hometown: Regensburg
Sexuality: Hetero

Biggest Flaw: Pushed to excel by an inferiority complex of being freakish.
Main Skills: Detective Work, Dodging, Hand to Hand and Small Arms Combat, Multilingual (English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish) Olympic Caliber Athlete, Read Body Language.

Personality: An orphan of sorts and lonely by subconscious choice in that he doesn’t feel accepted, even if he is. Willing to join a group or a good cause. Bouts of depression.

Biography: Ira was a genetically engineered test tube baby, engineered by an insane doctor looking to be a God. The extent of his physical oddities was concealed from his parents and they had no idea about his four pairs of eyes until his birth. Shortly after Ira’s birth, the geneticist was arrested and convicted of “Crimes Against Humanity”. His parents accepted an offer to have their son raised by meta-humans in an accepting but more isolated environment. Eventually, they made a new life for themselves without Ira.

Ira, for his part grew up being tested and coached by his caretakers. Eventually, he understood how he was different from normal people and meta-humans (as most meta-humans had not been genetically engineered). Feeling betrayed by his parents, Ira did his best to excel as a potential hero. In one of his early missions, he helped defeat a villain that owned a pair of very rare pistols, Singer M1911A .45 caliber pistols. He claimed them as spoils and they are his favorite earthly possessions.

Ira's role in most hero groups is that of a good soldier supporting the other heroes. Ira is waiting, a bit impatiently, for the opportunity to prove himself.

#HLApp
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Auphelia wrote:snip

There's no way this power is getting accepted even with revisions.
The Empire of Tau wrote:snip

Seven objects at a time is too many, try, like, two.
Lexryt wrote:snip

Union Princes wrote:snip

WhatsamattaU wrote:snip

Accepted.
Last edited by Forest State on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 am

OP - My app is completed. Check it out here.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 am

The main story IC thread is now up. Feel free to start making your introduction posts, get to know each other's characters, and move into the base.
Talchyon wrote:snip

Accepted.
Last edited by Forest State on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 am

OPFOR REPORT: THE WAYWARD

This report and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this report in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this report. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this report by mistake and delete this report from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

To the members and leadership of Team Fox and the London Tigers,

The villain group known as the Wayward has been sighted in the United Kingdom once again. As such, the Syndicate has commissioned a report to both teams located in the United Kingdom. This report combines all of the current intelligence that has been gathered by the Syndicate and from other authorities about the Wayward and those who are believed to make up their current roster. We hope that this report will be useful in the fight against this team, which has claimed numerous lives and caused many casualties for our heroes in the Battle of Stockholm.

The History of the Wayward

The team known as the Wayward was founded in 2009 by high school dropouts Bryanne Collins and Desmond Ripley, both of whom had attended the same school in Sunderland, England. It is believed that these two childhood troublemakers did not adapt well to attending a correctional school like the one in Sunderland, and were both 18 year old seniors when they dropped out and moved out. They exhibited metahuman powers around the same time, falling into crime as a way to support themselves away from home. The two shared an apartment in Newcastle, where they had moved after leaving Sunderland behind. A journal recovered from that apartment states that Collins "hates" her former city and wishes to see it all burn.

Collins and Ripley would live in a squat when they were 19, but when this was raided by the police, they were left homeless and with no job. They would become a part of a Lux affiliated gang on the streets just to get enough to survive, and the Wayward name wasn't used as they rose through the ranks of this gang and found success. However, they broke off in 2015 to form their own organization, at the age of 24. The early Wayward organization was much less well known and had a smaller stature than the early one, but they made a large amount of money on heists of valuable objects, defeating regional level heroes every time. Their skill in team fights became evident when they took down the London Tigers in the middle of London, making off with valuable diamonds in the process.

In 2016 they expanded their roster from the original two but they also adopted an ideological goal. Collins, the leader of the group, made her views known for the first time in 2016 when she left graffiti behind at a former apartment that had been occupied by the Wayward. The graffiti read "FUCK SVCIETY, ALL METAHUMANS AREN'T HEROES," and similar messages would be seen at other sites that had been occupied by the Wayward. Their roster expanded greatly this year until they had around 20 members and associates, with the number of full time members hanging around 10 to 15. The next year, they recorded record highs in heists and profits. All the while, "Fuck Svciety" became the official motto of the Wayward.

Because of appealing to the disenfranchised, the Wayward would become heroes to some, despite their status as villains and thieves. Their fans would become known for wearing black shirts with the "Fuck Svciety" slogan on the front in white lettering. This brought tremendous controversy and visibility to the team, which hit its peak size of 30 members in 2018 as they expanded their operations into Ireland and Scotland and went after hero teams directly rather than simply trying to gain money from their operations. This would lose them some fans but gain more from those who didn't buy into the idea of heroes being perfect defenders of each city. Their second clash with the London Tigers left great destruction behind and ended as a stalemate, with both sides licking their wounds after their fight in 2018.

The roster of the team was cut down to 12 in 2020 because of Collins being concerned about cohesion and lower ranked members not being true believers of the message, as well as stealing from the team. This resulted in several executions by Collins, who according to Syndicate sources, murdered five members of her team rather than letting them walk peacefully. According to these sources, the murders were prompted by these members stealing a combined three million Euros from the Wayward's fortune. In late 2021, the group was baited into attacking both the London Tigers and the Surviving Legends outside of Stockholm, where they believed they were attacking a research facility that had developed a weapon against metahumans. This was only possible because of the work of [REDACTED], who worked with the Syndicate as an informant and made it to the associate ranks of the Wayward.

The group took an unknown amount of casualties in the Battle of Stockholm and has been silent since, their fans also going quiet because of the lack of any kind of messages from them. However, they have recently been spotted in Bristol, putting the Syndicate on high alert in the United Kingdom and Northern Europe as a whole.

Bryanne Collins

The heart of the entire operation is 33 year old Bryanne Collins, who founded the Wayward originally and who is responsible for their organizational structure and their recruitment of new members. Collins takes a heavy load in terms of percentage of tasks that she handles, but she handles all of them well and has kept the organization going into a second decade. A psychological evaluation by Syndicate professionals claims that Collins suffers from antisocial personality disorder, showing a disregard for other people, even her own team. Collins has a deep dislike of society as a whole and of authority, but is not a political anarchist. Born into a biracial family made of a British soldier for a father and a Singaporean mother, a strict upbringing may have played a part in Collins turning out the way she did.

Collins has proven to be a ruthless leader, as evidenced by her murder of five members of her own team for stealing from her team. According to Syndicate sources, the murders took place in the middle of the night with no negotiations, which points towards her nature and her pragmatism. Additionally, Collins has shown an intense hatred for superheroes and the Syndicate, claiming that all metahumans are squeezed into a box and forced to be like them. This may have to do with Collins being sent to a correctional high school with the goal of turning her into a candidate for Syndicate recruitment, by her family. As far as her family is concerned, Collins has written in a past journal that she wishes they "burn in hell."

In combat, Collins typically wears dark clothes that stick close to the body and allow for good mobility. She is not a front line fighter but is still incredibly dangerous, attacking from the sides and back while enemies are distracted by other fighters. She has an array of shadow related powers, allowing her to travel through shadows, turn herself into an intangible shadow, or create knives and blades made from shadows that can stab and cut just like the real thing. She moves extremely quickly in combat and few heroes, even on the London Tigers, have ever landed clean hits on her. It's also nearly impossible to track where Collins is in a battle, because of the nature of her shadow travel. Thew most dangerous person on the team, the Syndicate heroes should ALWAYS pay attention to the location of Collins and to her shadow jumps.

Kodiak Marsden

Kodiak Marsden is one of the younger and newer members of the organization but plays a crucial role to it in that she can nullify up to one enemy at a time through magical means. Her form of magic is rare and that makes her worth her weight in gold, but it appears that Kodiak is loyal to the Wayward and survived their latest purge because of this. Her background is unknown and a full psych evaluation cannot be compiled because of limited information. However, it is known that Kodiak was formerly a child mercenary who worked jobs in Mexico and later Africa while under the command of a larger organization that profited off of her abilities. It is believed that Kodiak has remained loyal to the Wayward because they offer a true family, which cares for her more than the one that raised her.

Because of the lack of offensive abilities, Kodiak relies on guns for offensive attacks and uses a variety of rifles, preferring to stay back and use a marksman rifle most of the time. The SVD Dragunov is her weapon of choice but she has also been known to carry an M16A4 or an ARX-160 into combat to give her more options at different ranges. In the limited footage that is available of her, it appears that she also knows some skills related to combat with bladed weapons, but there is no footage of her in combat with the Wayward. This makes it difficult to judge where she fits in their battle strategy or what her overall role in the team is. It is reasonable to assume, though, that she takes a support role rather than a more active one.

Desmond Ripley

One of the original founders of the team, Ripley has remained with them since their inception and hasn't been targeted by the purges that have happened through the years. His chemistry with Collins has been good enough to survive her antisocial behavior towards her own team, and because of this, he's lasted long enough to become the main frontline tank of the Wayward. Ripley has a variety of abilities based on ice control and manipulation, and it's hard to document all of these because the list of abilities seemingly changes over time. Ripley has picked up new abilities and some have seen disuse, but his most consistent seems to be attacks and area control using ice spikes as well as the ability to cover his body in massive shards of very thick ice, slowing movement but increasing his size and greatly increasing both his durability and hitting power.

It can be assumed that Ripley is a true believer of the cause of the Wayward, an outcast who at one point desired to be a hero but wasn't accommodated by the Syndicate or any other organizations because of failing psychological tests and being too much of a rebel who was bound to disobey orders and endanger others. This caused a shift in attitude somewhere down the line and by the time the Wayward had adopted their ideological stance, Ripley was fully against the existence of the Syndicate and superheroes in general and decided to help Collins in her fight to destroy them, albeit both of the fighting for different reasons. Whatever admiration Ripley had for heroes before is gone, because of the rejections a number of years ago.

Marshall Lasch

The most recent addition and the youngest member of the team at 18, Marshall is evidence of the Wayward changing directions and recruiting for potential and ideology rather than past success. Lasch previously lived at the Essex Forge, the Syndicate's training ground and developmental center for young metahumans across the entire British Isles. However, Lasch escaped the facility last year and went on the run from authorities who attempted to brig him back, eventually dropping off the radar and reappearing as a member of the Wayward. It is believed by the staff of the facility that the escape happened mainly because of rough treatment from other students, who reacted negatively to Lasch's personality.

This addition to the Wayward is worrying because of the focus of Lasch's ability. While opening gates to other planes does not sound like a dangerous ability by itself, Lasch has shown the potential to use this ability for the purposes of summoning creatures from planes other than Earth, including very dangerous ones that the Forge faculty found hard to deal with when they emerged during training. This can effectively act as a force multiplier and give the Wayward a stronger strength in combat than their current four person team structure would indicate. Further investigations into Lasch have discovered 'Fuck Svciety' paraphernalia at his origial residence, showing the reach of the Wayward's brand as well as their longevity, considering the fact that they've been at it long enough now to recruit young fans who have grown up.

(Next Page...)
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse