Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 am
by Paddy O Fernature
Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Deutsches Reich
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Aggressive Powers
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Reich, Whermacht, and an extensive collection of written material sitting in my library.
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
* Fanta was created so Coca-Cola could bypass a syrup ban on Germany and sell product locally.
* Hugo Boss helped design and supply uniforms for the Reich.
* Adolf was a dog lover. So much so in fact, that he not only passed sweeping animal rights laws in Germany, but also ordered the creation of a college for dogs so they could be taught to read and write.

(I choose these facts because lets face the truth, Nazi Germany is likely one of the most researched and discussed country topic in modern history and decided to choose some lesser known facts that may interest people. Also, posting this here as I did technically RSVP Germany on my original post)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:51 am
by Finland SSR
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Deutsches Reich
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Aggressive Powers
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Reich, Whermacht, and an extensive collection of written material sitting in my library.
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
* Fanta was created so Coca-Cola could bypass a syrup ban on Germany and sell product locally.
* Hugo Boss helped design and supply uniforms for the Reich.
* Adolf was a dog lover. So much so in fact, that he not only passed sweeping animal rights laws in Germany, but also ordered the creation of a college for dogs so they could be taught to read and write.

(I choose these facts because lets face the truth, Nazi Germany is likely one of the most researched and discussed country topic in modern history and decided to choose some lesser known facts that may interest people. Also, posting this here as I did technically RSVP Germany on my original post)

Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:34 am
by Finland SSR
The IC thread is now up.

I declare this game to have begun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 pm
by Paddy O Fernature
Finland SSR wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Deutsches Reich
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Aggressive Powers
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Reich, Whermacht, and an extensive collection of written material sitting in my library.
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
* Fanta was created so Coca-Cola could bypass a syrup ban on Germany and sell product locally.
* Hugo Boss helped design and supply uniforms for the Reich.
* Adolf was a dog lover. So much so in fact, that he not only passed sweeping animal rights laws in Germany, but also ordered the creation of a college for dogs so they could be taught to read and write.

(I choose these facts because lets face the truth, Nazi Germany is likely one of the most researched and discussed country topic in modern history and decided to choose some lesser known facts that may interest people. Also, posting this here as I did technically RSVP Germany on my original post)

Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?


In the future, if you are not going to let people tag rsvp in an RP while they wait for you to answer a simple question (as at the time it looked like the nation in question was reserved as a NPC) you might want to mention that as it kinda sucks tagging before work only to come home and see it given away to someone else.

Have a good RP.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:30 pm
by Finland SSR
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?


In the future, if you are not going to let people tag rsvp in an RP while they wait for you to answer a simple question (as at the time it looked like the nation in question was reserved as a NPC) you might want to mention that as it kinda sucks tagging before work only to come home and see it given away to someone else.

Have a good RP.

Thanks, you too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:51 pm
by Zelent
Finland SSR wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: The Kingdom of Yugoslavia
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Isolationist Neutral
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Yugoslavia
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2: I intend for there to be dramatic political upheaval in this Yugoslavia earlier on, and have Marshal Tito seize power from the Monarchy, so I will leave my facts Partisan related.
- In order to receive military aid from the West, Tito had to organise the Partisans from a loose network of guerrillas into regiments.
- Tito narrowly survived a German bombing raid on their headquarters, saved by the fact his dog jumped on him and absorbed shrapnel heading towards him.
- The Communist Partisans became the most powerful opposition force to Nazi Germany in WW2, overtaking the Royalist Chetniks.

Accepted and welcome!

Lunas Legion wrote:Also, quick question Fin, what's the situation regarding naval construction?

All naval construction projects which are ongoing as of July 1939 are ongoing and will finish at their OTL finish date.

You can start new construction in the IC, for simplicity, at OTL construction lengths for each vessel. If some problems pop up, you can call on me to make a decision. I didn't want to put any hard limit on how many turns each type of ship takes to build because, well, it's different for each country.

How about construction in general, like how do we go about that in the IC, since theres no template for it. Do we need a template for everything in this rp or no?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 pm
by Finland SSR
Zelent wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Accepted and welcome!


All naval construction projects which are ongoing as of July 1939 are ongoing and will finish at their OTL finish date.

You can start new construction in the IC, for simplicity, at OTL construction lengths for each vessel. If some problems pop up, you can call on me to make a decision. I didn't want to put any hard limit on how many turns each type of ship takes to build because, well, it's different for each country.

How about construction in general, like how do we go about that in the IC, since theres no template for it. Do we need a template for everything in this rp or no?

No no, there is no template for construction, it would put too much of a workload which I am frankly not ready to deal with for now. You can go through with construction, starting or shifting military production, constructing divisions, etc. in more or less the same way as it is dealt with in standard nation RPs - without specific limits or regulations besides, obviously, realism, and not going overboard.

Which is far from a perfect system and it's probably something I should have thought about earlier, maybe actually introduced mechanics on it - but it's too late to change now. Something to keep mind for another time. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:04 pm
by G-Tech Corporation
Hmm, Finland, so aside from battle plans/tech/espionage, everything else goes in the IC? Can we make secret TG deals, or should those be via IC telegrams?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:15 pm
by Finland SSR
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm, Finland, so aside from battle plans/tech/espionage, everything else goes in the IC? Can we make secret TG deals, or should those be via IC telegrams?

Of course, if you don't want the other players to see your plans, you can discuss matters and make deals in TG.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:05 am
by Finland SSR
Puertollano, the turn starts in July, not January.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am
by Kisinger
Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Protecting Power
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Country and During World War Two
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
  • While the United Kingdom declared war on Nazi Germany, Nazi Germany had never declared war on the United Kingdom

  • The slogan, 'Keep Calm and Carry on' was made and posted on poster by the British Government at the onset of the war and despite being widely produced was rarely ever publicized

  • The Royal Navy was the largest navy at the onset of the war and dwarfed the German Navy by a large degree

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:26 pm
by Lunas Legion
Yo Kisi.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm
by Finland SSR
Kisinger wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Protecting Power
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Country and During World War Two
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
  • While the United Kingdom declared war on Nazi Germany, Nazi Germany had never declared war on the United Kingdom

  • The slogan, 'Keep Calm and Carry on' was made and posted on poster by the British Government at the onset of the war and despite being widely produced was rarely ever publicized

  • The Royal Navy was the largest navy at the onset of the war and dwarfed the German Navy by a large degree

Accepted and welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:31 pm
by Puertollano
Finland SSR wrote:Puertollano, the turn starts in July, not January.


O, sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:05 pm
by Kisinger
Lunas Legion wrote:Yo Kisi.

Eyyy Lunas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 pm
by Finland SSR
Less than 24 hours left to submit any plans you might have.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm
by Riysa
Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Republic of Finland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Isolationist Neutral
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... rld_War_II
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
  • Finnish submarines of the Vetehimen class served as a prototype for the extremely successful Type VII German submarine class.
  • The Finnish Civil Guard's standard issue M/28 Mosin was considered superior to the Finnish Army's own M/27 Mosin.
  • A significant amount of Estonians fought in the Finnish military to avoid allying with the Germans, and took part in many crucial battles in both the Winter and Continuation Wars.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm
by Finland SSR
Riysa wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Republic of Finland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Isolationist Neutral
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... rld_War_II
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
  • Finnish submarines of the Vetehimen class served as a prototype for the extremely successful Type VII German submarine class.
  • The Finnish Civil Guard's standard issue M/28 Mosin was considered superior to the Finnish Army's own M/27 Mosin.
  • A significant amount of Estonians fought in the Finnish military to avoid allying with the Germans, and took part in many crucial battles in both the Winter and Continuation Wars.

Accepted and welcome!

The next turn update will be up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 am
by Finland SSR
The next turn has been posted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:52 pm
by Finland SSR
Zelent, war plans need to be sent to me through TG, not posted in the IC.