NATION

PASSWORD

I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:03 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Downtown District
Outpost-12 Testing & Processing Center [Lower Facility-Lobby]
12:57 pm

Ms. Purple then looked at the couple beside her who asked the question regarding their home. "I am quite sorry about the militaries somewhat brutish method in handling things. That said you may feel free to return to your former home to gather anything left behind. Unfortunately that area of the city is being used to house command staff, and from what I hear it will be used to direct the artillery on the front to target the somewhat massive ghoul horde heading this way. You have my condolences on the matter, but look at it this way my darlings, the Zeppelin will be here to pick anyone who passes our tests."

Ms. Purple continued speaking "I have gone through a lot of effort to ensure the Zeppelin is advancing a day faster than normal my dear Mrs. Choate. So you will be back home in your beloved New England even faster though from what I hear Boston, and a few other cities aren't doing so fine these days. You wouldn't believe how persistent the director of our outposts in New England is. I must give credit to your father even if he fails to realize how bad the situation here is. By the way I would keep this with you at all times".

Ms. Purple handed Mrs. Choate an envelope, and said "Don't open it till you get to the Zeppelin stations, and hand it to the guy in charge. Once there they will overlook the...extra amount of passengers, and the fact you aren't stopping at Outpost-12, but at a refueling, and supply depot in Western Virginia. From there tickets will get you all on a railway to the coast, and then a ship back to one of the better off port cities in your native homeland...courtesy of your father, and I. If you do open it...well your chances of ever getting back home for the foreseeable decade are gone so heed my words carefully dear." Ms. Purple smiled hoping the young woman before her truly appreciated how difficult it was to get this passed through the proper channels in such trying days.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate

Nell's eyes lit up when she saw the important envelope that the purple woman presented, and she nodded as she took it from her. Her opinion of this strange woman had now increased tenfold. "I knew Father would come through; he always does." She quickly tucked the envelope in a handbag she kept at her belt on her dress and under her coat. "And thank you, Ms. Purple. You know this means a great deal to us, and we will do well to heed your directions. Right, Edwin?" Nell turned to her husband.

Edwin smiled and nodded. "My dear, we will indeed." He faced the purple woman. "Ms. Purple, thank you."

When he finished Nell continued speaking toward Ms. Purple, in a pleasant tone. "We also regard well your information about the Hills. I suppose we'll go up there, as you said, to collect our remaining things before that zeppelin arrives." The Choates were not too brought down by the news about the neighborhood; as they came here as a result of a diplomatic posting, their residence in Oklahoma City was never meant to be permanent and they were happy for a chance to return to New England. With Ms. Purple's envelope to salvation, Nell seemed the happiest she had been all day; Edwin shared this sentiment.
Last edited by Biscaria on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:29 pm

March 17th, 1962
Outpost-12 Testing & Processing Center [Lower Facility-Lobby]
1:00 pm

Ms. Purple turned to the man she presumed was Mr. Soprano, and answered his inquiry although she knew he was asking for more than just regular "business". "When the military came to the city a lot of the long established criminal enterprises simply couldn't stand up to the military, and were to put it nicely 'sterilized'. That was nearly a month ago, and the survivors of that purge have started to pop out of the woodwork especially in the refugee districts. In the district next to the one you are all staying in a man calling himself such a garish name as the 'fugee king' is singlehandedly now the ruler of the area. During his attempt to expand power he made the mistake of coercing the daughter of an influential foreign businessman into prostitution, and suffice to say he was livid".

Ms. Purple took a light puff of her cigarette before continuing "He spent whatever he had left in connections, and money to ensure the man, and his lieutenents are 'dealt with'. She proceeded to pull a rather plain business card with a number on it, and hand it over to Mr. Soprano. "Strangely this man wouldn't exactly tell us the agency he gave payment to in order to send out a contract, but if you ever need money or just want to dish out 'citizen justice' just call the number. They will provide all the necessary details on the man, and his lieutenants in refugee district #02". Upon hearing the sound of the trolley coming Ms. Purple waved them goodbye saying "Darlings, I believe you all have a trolley to catch, and don't worry the other applicants will catch up with you in the downtown district later".
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:06 pm

"You know what to do once I get in contact with this man." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Sean Rockwell as they headed towards the trolley with his men in tow, a smirk forming on his face. When the military took over and ran roughshod over the mafia, it created a power vacuum in the criminal underworld. The "Fugee King" was one of the new players that rose up to fill it. Once he was eliminated, not only would Luca Soprano take over his territory, but he would gain a powerful ally. If he continued playing his cards right, he would achieve the absolute power he desired.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm

March 17th, 1962
Transportation Hub
1:15 pm

In older days the transportation was brimming with people from all over the city, but the military restrictions on the city effectively cut the city into individually manageable pieces. This was done without regards to the rights of those already living here unless they were rich enough to get the military to back off of them. Now the trolleys ran without as many passengers, and those with motor carriages unreliable as the civilian versions were weren't able to use them as much either. The transportation hub was surprisingly clean, and sterile compared to the days of hussle, and to many this could be unnerving. As the group departed the trolley a massive map of the downtown district, and working payphones could be found to be far more reliable than other districts.

The downtown district map displayed the various places, and things one could do while here. The "old" downtown contained a menagerie of shops from the barbers, the butchers, the florists, legal offices, and so much more including the townhouses of the local elite such as the famous former Mayor Lord Crashton. You also had areas dedicated to museums exploring the topics of the "cowboy culture" of the region to the states history, and not surprisingly the centerpiece being on the war between the states. Tourists, and natives alike could enjoy the massive botanical gardens, and the labrythian maze of a library. You also had the various spaces for artists, the more occult minded, and those enjoyed the lost medicinal arts of the apothecarists.

Centered around it all was the city market which spanned several blocks, and surrounded the center of city government, and state government. There was a lot of stuff to do, and opportunities downtown especially for those willing to violate curfew, and partake in the black market, but lately someone has been draining victims of their blood. This had lead to the appearance of incredibly ravenous ghouls, but the military spotlights, and checkpoints everywhere ensure they are spotted quickly, and disposed of just as quickly. There was also the local nightclub which former Mayor Lord Crashton gave daily lectures about the den of vice, and sin being a place of debaucherous murderers. Of course the cities famous rich playboy who manages the nightclub is more than happy to engage what some see as an increasingly senile old man.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

An Important Phone Call

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:46 pm

"I am going to have to make a phone call. However, before I make it, I have two things to say. First things first, don't travel alone. If what the nice lady said was right, Dracula might be on the prowl tonight, so don't let your buddy out of your line of sight, even if he is taking a piss or shit. Second, don't drink from any fountains or sinks. You don't know what the Confederates put in the water." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to his men before he and Sean Rockwell approached the payphone. Like others born in the Free State, Luca Soprano saw the Columbian Empire as nothing but the Confederacy with fancy titles and a pretty flag, a sentiment people from Great Plains shared. He placed the coin in the phone, pushed in the number on the business card, and picked up the phone. "Hello? I understand that some weasel has gotten his greasy mitts on your daughter. I have someone in my employ who can take him out. However, as a fellow businessman, I will need to know a few details before I send him to rescue the princess. What rackets does he control? Where is his base of operations? Who works for him? Which lieutenants can be turned? Who are his contacts?" Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to the man on the other end of the line.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:23 pm

March 17th, 1962
Transportation Hub
1:17 pm

The man who picked the phone had a somewhat heavy polish accent, but after clearing his throat was able to speak in a somewhat normal accent. "You must be referring to the 'fugee king' I take it? The man lives up to his name, and rules the second refugee district with an iron fist, but I cannot talk for long. The military, and others have bugs in the phones that activate if conversation go beyond a minimum limit. Go to the Oklahoma City Library, enter the historical archives, and ask for Barrister he will get you everything you need for this 'problem'."

The phone hung up abruptly without a good bye which meant the man on the other line must have been serious. Regardless Luca, and his men would have to get to the library, and meet this mysterious Barrister first before they could do what they wished to do in the second refugee district. In the library a small ring happened, and after answering the phone a voice answered "understood sir". Afterwords he returned to his work, and grabbed out a folder containing vital information. Friends of his current client would be coming by soon, and they would need all the information they could get.

Assignment: Death to the King

Nickname: The 'Fugee King'.

Real Name: Known only to his closest associates, and everyone else calls him King.

Zone of Control: Entirety of the Refugee District #02.

Base of Operations: His headquarters, and home are in an old expansive townhouse where him, and his mistress reside. He has at least fifteen security guards present, and has completely bribed the police in the area to look the other way or assist him in certain efforts. He "employs" a full time maid, gardener, cook, and book keeper to handle his expenses. Rumors hint the maid may know some ways into the facility, but she is too scared at the moment to give this information up. Currently the clients daughter is held up there so direct assaults will be far too risky (at first).

Habits: He is a rabid sex addict, and regularly attends the brothel he set up a few days after he took over the area. He has turned the old market of the area into public square where he enacts "punishments" on the workers who fail to meet the obligations of the week. This is often just an excuse for him to exercise his incredible sadism, but it is limited since there aren't that many people left. Most of the time they get off with being lashed with the whip. He also visits a large garden every day at noon, and privately goes into an old catholic church during the mornings before running daily affairs.

Contacts: He is notoriously paranoid, and will give special privileges to those informants of his who report strangers who enter his district without coming to "pay the proper respect". All of his informants are usually starving children, and regularly compete with one another to earn their bosses favor. They can potentially be turned with little effort if the proper force or reward is applied, but for every one you can turn their might be two who stay loyal.

Potential Defectors: The Jones sisters are the daughters of a former freedman kingpin who died some years back, and survived the purge after the military came in. They provide alcohol, and gambling for the district through less than legal means, but despise the sheer cruelty the king often displays towards the residents of the district, and his own employees. If they leave then some of his men, and other lieutenants might leave.

Ardent Loyalist: William Barstow is an ardent loyalist of the king, and runs his arms rackets, and ensures that newcomers pay visits directly to the king, and "pay their respects". He has men who collect the "taxes" that the regularly citizenry owe on top of the protection rackets enforced upon them by another lieutenant. Killing him will strike a severe blow to the loyalist minority, and will hinder any attempts at retribution by the king. Apparently he, and the king go way back which would explain his loyalty to the man.

Opportunists: The king also runs a protection racket, a prostitution ring, has labs making highly addictive types of cocain to smuggle, and other "minor" rackets such as smuggling people, and goods (non weapons). The lieutenants here are Zhang, Smirnov, Muller, and Smith who were notorious opportunists before the purge, and continue to be so after the purge. They may be dealt with in any manner as seen fit.

Condition of the District: Reportedly half of the district works for the man in order to gain better treatment than the other half who are essentially slaves. The king likes to hold boxing matches to where those on the other end if they can survive being nearly beaten to death can earn the right to join his "organization". Taking out the loyalist, and convincing the potential defectors to join you will weaken the king greatly, and ultimately might lead him to hold up in his base. If pressured enough the opportunists will give into infighting, and may even fight their boss weakening him for you (even if that isn't their intention). Regardless, the whole district may rise up in rebellion if they see the kings grip loosen enough.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
Before Boarding the Trolley

Nell & Edwin bid the purple woman farewell and walked toward the trolley station. Their initial excitement gave way to more practical concerns, however, as they remembered the plan they had for the New Englander expats.

"There's only one envelope," stated Edwin as they walked. "I don't believe we'll be able to take them."

"That's that then. With the situation they portrayed, and the strict rules they had in place, I say we tried our best." Nell replied earnestly.

"But shouldn't we keep trying?"

"Like you did with Command? Look Edwin, we need to take this opportunity. The others will get by in the time being at the outposts. When we return to Hartford, I will implore to Papa personally on their behalf."

"Very well. Do you wish to tell them that? And what of those who-"

"As I said, we will tell them that we tried our best. Just as the military command is, right? We need to get back to Hartford as soon as possible. You know that our options are limited here."

"Yes, of course, I just-"

"Hey! Nell! Edwin!" a man's voice yelled as the Choates reached the trolley.

It was Jim Derby who spotted the couple. With him was a few of the other New Englander expats, Ellie Bartoll and Mrs. Walcott, who went over to the couple. Nell & Edwin looked at each other, and then turned around to face their people.

"Glad we caught up with you! That was some experience, eh?" stated Jim. "And that strange test. Questions about the occult? Reports of vampires in the streets? Crazy. Let's hope we all get accepted into the program. From what that dame made a case of, this may be our best chance!"

"Oh Jim, I'm sure we will all get in," stated Ellie.

Mrs. Walcott looked around, trying unsuccessfully to spot Nelson Andrews. "Well, I don't know about you all, but I think I may go downtown to let a load off. I'd like to stretch these old legs while I still can!"

Jim laughed, and nodded. "Mrs. Walcott, I agree!"

"As do I," agreed Ellie. "Nell? Are you and Edwin going downtown? Oh, and how did your plan go?"

"It went well enough," replied Nell somewhat uneasily. "We tried our best... and we'll need to wait and see. As for us going downtown, I suppose we could stop there on the way home? Edwin?"

"Yes, we should go downtown... I did want to stop by the consulate again, and see if I left anything important there," stated Edwin. He peered around. "Are the Herricks around?"

"Oh, last I saw they were busy arguing with that white-dressed woman. Or at least, Mr. Herrick was," replied Ellie. "Mrs. Herrick had one of her spells when they started mentioning the occult, and you know how he can get a bit accusatory..."

"I see," replied Nell to the young woman. "Well, we best not waste anymore time here; there is a curfew I believe. Let's board."

Trolley doors opened in front, and the expats nodded in agreement with Nell. She breathed a sigh of relief, but then soon remembered something they almost forgot.

"JACK! JACK!" She called to Jack, who appeared to still be by the lobby doors. "Come now, we're going downtown."

As soon as Jack arrived as their bodyguard, the Choates boarded the trolley on the route to downtown. The Choates would make a pit stop at their old consulate, before going on a further line to their main home in the Hills. 'Oh,' Nell thought. 'If only we still had access to our motorcars; how much quicker this would be!'
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
Downtown District

After Nell & Edwin stepped out of the trolley at the downtown hub, they were more pleased rather than unnerved at its cleanliness; there was still some civilization left in the public places of this city. When all the expats had departed the streetcar, Mrs. Walcott made an announcement.

"Dearies, I hope you don't mind if I split from the group. The market awaits."

"Oh that's fine Mrs. Walcott," replied Jim Derby. "I think we all have things to do. We can meet back here afterward."

"Well, I'd like to go to the gardens," stated Ellie Bartoll, "The place we've been staying at is just so... bare. I'd to see some greenery for a change, if they have some."

"Quite right; what an excellent choice of venue. May I accompany you, Miss Bartoll?" Jim asked with a smile and wink.

Ellie giggled. "Why of course, Mr. Derby."

Concerned with themselves, Jim and Ellie walked happily off together toward the botanical garden. They continued to talk, but their voices trailed off as they went further.

Mrs. Walcott smirked, looking at the young couple go off and then back at the Choates. "Ah, the look of budding young love. Charming, eh? Now, if you two will excuse me, I need to get something for my own love." She hustled off at a shockingly brisk pace for a woman of her age.

Once the other expats had gone to do their own things, Nell and Edwin Choate, with Jack assumedly in tow, went off to the location of the New England consulate in Oklahoma City. Adjacent to the consulate, they also maintained an apartment for the (relatively few) hectic nights when diplomatic endeavors made it best to stay downtown. Unfortunately, they hadn't been allowed to move there when the military took control. When they had to leave, Edwin made sure to take the most important documents at the consulate with him, but of course he couldn't take everything. The Choates hoped, as the moved toward their diplomatic mission, that things would still be intact.
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:08 pm

As Alastair stepped off the bus he flung the remains of the cigarette onto the pavement, good god he hadn't had one of those in a while and Mrs Purples were extraordinarily high quality clearly the woman knew what she would be talking about. He looked up over the transport depot and already the differences between the districts was showing, back in the apartment he had rarely seen a single person on the streets most were hold up in their homes waiting for the inevitable attack, yet here street life seemed to survive. The best way to start exercising his new freedom was to have a look around town a luxury that had previously been unadvisable at best, upon seeing the map Alistair was astounded by the relative normalcy of life in the district nearly every vice imaginable was available, Alastair would have to keep his eyes on his shoes as he walked through the streets. Yet one thing that particularly interested Alastair was the market, he'd had to subsist on government supplied meals for the past few weeks and so now that the chance to get a decent meal had presented itself Alastair was ready to jump upon the opportunity.

Yet as he began walking in the direction of the market he felt the business card in his pocket, stopped and sighed. Slowly he took the card out of his pocket and read over it, he honestly shouldn't it was far to hazardous for someone who has somewhere to be yet... The blood suckers were something that he had met before in Laggards Burrow, now Alastair had never had anything against Mormons before Laggards Burrow he'd even been rather interested in their teachings however when at night he'd been walking in front of their temple some sort of abominable creature had attacked Alastair, at first he had thought that this was no different from any other of the attacks that had afflicted the people of the nation by some sort of eldritch abomination yet when he had seen the face of the thing... It was so similar to the man he had seen preaching at the temple just the day before, needless to say that Alastair had managed to escape the creature by only doing significant damage to it's eyes before running away. After that Alastair had started to research the Mormon church more closely and it seemed as if their organisation was linked to a number of increasingly peculiar murders and that their upper ranking members seemed to be extraordinarily adverse to sunlight, as the incidents of occultism increased Alastair came to the conclusion that their faith had clearly be infiltrated by the creations of Satan itself, beings of the devil were masquerading as preachers of the lord.

Alastair sighed and began walking towards the phone booth, there were few people who had encountered a blood sucker and fewer still who had lived beyond their first encounter, now Alastair knew that confidence tended to flow to his head yet here he thought there was a tangible chance of him being able to take down an agent of the occult. He stepped into the phone booth and rang up the number. "Hello, my name is Alastair Halleck I heard that there have been numerous cases of blood sucking throughout the city and as a man who has encountered such terrors before I believe I might be able to help."

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 pm

March 17th, 1962
Former New England Consulate/ Temporary Military Command Center
1:25 pm

During their time spent in the refugee district the consulate, and the surrounding district which was flush with foreign citizens had undergone an extreme change. Here the officers leading the defense of Oklahoma City were using the rather expansive, and open spaced consulate building as a regional command center. Several officers stood around a large, and fairly old wooden table presumably an antique from the days of the war between the states. A map covered the table showing the whole state of Oklahoma, but it wasn't looking so good these days. The communication systems was ringing off the hook about the incoming ghoul horde, and one man gasped when the latest number slip came in reading "20,000 present".

The general frowned, but others were morbidly curious as they had heard of such large ghoul hordes converging all over the globe readying around high density urban centers. The ghouls would first have to cross a ten mile stretch of no-mans land where machine gun nests, trenches, mines, and artillery placements were waiting for them. If that failed the retreating were given orders to funnel the ghouls into two evacuated towns known as sunrise, and Tokens. There explosives were waiting to take out as many as possible, and maybe block the route for the ghouls, but some officers suspected the sheer number would simply climb over the barricades. A third defense spot lied in a network of five areas made up of former towns, hills, and narrow strips of land that were useful in funneling hordes of people.

If the "five spots of hope" fell then the city itself would be exposed to attack, but not before the ghouls would face an incredible barrage of artillery, and machine gun fire from nests littered in, and around the city. The military dispatched plans to evacuate portions of the city should need be as a way to bait the ghouls in, isolate them, and them retake them later. The worst case scenario involves in the city falling, and the military retreating across the river. Even then a counter attack plan was in place, but only one officer believed such an idea would even work. With that an officer placed an old chess piece near the no mans land, and said "lets begin gentleman".

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Luca Retrieves Information On Refugee District 2

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Downtown. Oklahoma City
"Stay here. Make sure I am not disturbed." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Sean Rockwell and his men before entering the library. "Where are the historical archives?" Luca Soprano asked the receptionist, the receptionist pointing her finger in the direction he needed to go. "Thanks." Luca Soprano said before walking towards the Historical Archives. After an hour, he entered it and spotted an old man with a folder. "You Barrister?" Luca Soprano asked, the man simply nodding before handing him the folder, Luca heading out of the library. Once he came out the front door. "That went faster than expected." Sean Rockwell said to Luca Soprano as the Capo opened the folder and read the document. "Milos, you deal with Zhang, Smirnov, Muller, and Smith. They are opportunists, so kill Zhang and Smirnov to remind the other two what happens to those who cross me. Sean Rockwell, you will take out the "Fugee King" and his right hand man William Barstow. I will handle the Jones Sisters. They are willing to join us and their control of the booze and racketeering make them too valuable to kill. Don't let your guard down. The "Fugee King" has eyes and ears everywhere, so expect an ambush." Luca Soprano said to Milos and Sean Rockwell before they headed to Refugee District 2 with his men in tow.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:04 pm

March 17th, 1962
Deputy Townsend Office, Oklahoma City Police Station
1:27 pm

Deputy Townsend twiddled his thumbs as he filled out a notebook containing details of the notorious "drainer" cases. The former mayor Lord Crashton was bugging him immensely, but Townsend was thankful it wasn't another complaint about that damned nightclub. When the phone line rang, and the person introduced themselves as "Allister Halleck" the deputy was curious about how he seemed to know so much about the case. That said he couldn't simply pass up an opportunity to get help on the case especially from someone who might know what they are doing. "Come down by my office, and we can discuss more about the case in person.....just let the front office know you are seeing me, and they will let you pass".

With that he hung up the phone, and began to collect all the data he had on the case in an orderly fashion since this person will need it. Its better than it sitting here rotting away while the police force is essentially a castrated version of its older self. The military got rid of all the crime at first, but also removed any powers the police had rendering them nothing more than simple peace keepers. Peace keepers of a city on the edge of imploding from within, and exploding from an outside threat. At least finishing this case would bring about some closure to the victims, and their families....the ones left alive that is.

March 17th, 1962
Transportation Hub
1:28 pm

Nelson overheard the conversation Allister had with Ms. Purple, and the recent phone call which admittedly peaked his curiousity. Nelson looked at Allister, and said "You realize going after those things without the proper equipment is a virtual death sentence right? Hell I could barely fight the few that were in Laggards Burrow, and they were lead by someone pretty powerful. If this thing is going 'feral' it means that its primary concern is blood, and survival. So expect it to fight like a wild animal when cornered...and these things are never just one...its always groups...trust me I know from experience".

Nelson knew Allister wasn't a fool having experienced the things he did in Laggards Burrow. "I am coming with you since I doubt just you, and some city deputy can handle the bloodsucker...especially if there is a whole lot of them. This one could just be feeding an entire group of them hidden away in some dark underground place. You will also need backup if we run into any of those special types of ghouls that are popping up because of this thing. So what do you say...will you accept my help or not?".

March 17th, 1962
The Sanctuary
1:30 pm

In the darkness of this former crypt turned sanctuary for a young one, and her new "family" the matriarch awoke disturbed by visions of newcomers to downtown. To those connected by the blood dreams were potent, and could glimpse the future while they entered into a state similar to human "sleep". There was something off about these newcomers, and one of them in particular carried the blood of dozens of her kindred on him. He was clearly a threat this old bearded man in ragged clothes who haunted her dreams. She would feast on this one for a long time, and be drained until nothing was left of him.

The matriarch knew danger was coming, and wanted to prepare her family for a great sleep to come. The city was going to be overrun, and turned back to the weeds, but she, and her family would gorge on a festival of blood until they gained enough to enter into the great sleep. There they would slumber for centuries until humans came back, and she could feed on them once again. It was a better plan than fleeing into the wilderness, and feeding off of wild animals or worse the disgusting blood of rotting ghouls. Though doable their blood was disgusting, and she was likely to vomit it up rather than digest what little sustenance could be found from it.

Seventy years ago in Los Angeles the matriarch was once a beautiful new mother with seven young children, and a dashing husband till they took everything away. Her faith in the Mormon Church was rewarded, but in a nightmarish scenario as one of the higher priests sunk his teeth into her neck promising her immortality was just a short step away. She fainted as the blood of her life was sapped away until just a little remained, and then the monster gave her some of his blood in a strange "blessing" ritual. She was so hungry, and gladly sucked down any blood she could find, but ultimately returned to her family.

The first few months were normal, but her husband started to notice how different she was becoming, and began to ask questions. The elders threatened to kill him so she without their consent turned him, and then turned the seven children so she could be a mother forever. For that the reigning elders of the city sentenced her to death, and hunted her from neighborhood to neighborhood. She, and her family fled during nights from home to home feeding on the families there to gather their strength. Her attempts to flee north to land where it rained, and the sun wasn't as present all the time didn't work out.

The rules of her kin mean nothing to her only that she retain the strength to defend her family, and keep the fed. Here in Oklahoma City they hide in a crypt turned family home, and sanctuary. They used to feed on the homeless, prostitutes, and drunkards, but now realize the feeding time of theirs is closing to an end. When the city is overrun, and the ghouls cleanse it of life they will endure the ancient sleep of the centuries, and awaken to spread their family, and feed even more. The matriarch wandered from her room, and noticed one of her daughters awake messing with her hair near a torchlit mirror.

"Sweety, what are you doing up so early?" The daughter looked at her with a sad expression on her face "Mommy, I am hungry can we go feeding soon?". The matriarch smiled, and said "Of course darling, once the sun falls, and night bathes in the city you can go out, and play while we get some food to bring back here". The daughter wasn't having any of it "I want to hunt mommy....I don't want another homeless person, their blood tastes icky". The matriarch smiled simply saying "Of course my sweet daughter....all of us are going to hunt tonight" she smiled looking at all of her resting children contently, and headed back to bed.
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
Outside the New England Consulate - Downtown District

After a bit of walking, Nell and Edwin approached their old consulate. While their building still looked well intact, they noticed signs of the Columbian military all around. Nell sighed.

"Oh goodness, looks like the troops have marched in. Damn Imperials. Papa never would have stood for this."

"Well I suppose it was only natural for them to do it," replied Edwin admittedly. "Even though our consulate guards were called off, all the infrastructure is still there. They were able to make a nice command post out of it, from what it looks like."

"I can't stand it! Once our bastion, now home to the Confederate army... don't you remember when we helped those runaways make it to freedom? In our first year too. We harbored them here and got them stowed on a zeppelin to the Free States, and none of the Imperials were ever the wiser... so far as I know." She paused. "We did good then, didn't we?"

"That was certainly the riskiest thing we pulled off, I'll give you that Nell. And it was good."

"The Dixie society women would've been aghast if they knew, but to hell with them... better to say that now before we see them at the Hills."

Edwin laughed. "Yes I would say so. If only we could stow away our New Englanders as we leave."

"You know I wish we could Edwin. But I'm sure the operators are much more stringent now. Everyone's trying to get somewhere... I don't know if there's any room to stow people. Anyway, our consulate obviously has been confiscated. You got all the really important things out, didn't you? I know we have the documents for our remaining expats. What's the need of going in there now?"

Edwin shrugged. "I don't know Nell... I guess I hoped to have a look at the place again before we left. That sounds sentimental, doesn't it?"

"Dear, look at this way: we were probably going to be gone in a few years anyway. Posted somewhere nicer, else perhaps? Somewhere like sunny Spain maybe, right on the Mediterranean... nevertheless, since we're already here, might as well go over and ask to go in. Who knows, maybe the consulate line to Hartford still works... and maybe we'll be able to get the full picture from them!"

Edwin perked up. "Maybe... I guess we could ask."

"Let's go then!"

Nell and Edwin proceeded to the entrance of the consulate, with Jack assumedly behind them.
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

March 17th, 1962
1:35 pm

While the military would normally restrict entrance to their areas to outsiders the guard at the gate seemed to recognize the Choates from his days serving under the consulate security staff. After briefly examining their exemption passes he was certain of their legitimacy, and said "Welcome back Mr. and Mrs. Choate". As he took them through the consulate it was abuzz with activity from the officers, and those manning the communication station. There were also doctors discussing a problem with a new disease which was contaminating the water sources. Of course they stopped upon noticing the outsiders, and decided to move their conversation elsewhere...the matter must be quite serious.

Eventually they reached a room where a map covered a large wooden table, and one of the officers present was using antique chess pieces to indict zones of control still under command of the Columbian military (if for the moment). The general in charge of the cities defense was no longer a young idealistic officer, but instead a cynic. His idealism was torn apart by his volunteering in the pacific northwest leading troops against the Shogunate, and his cynicism was well noted amongst the officers. Any bickering there was between him, and those in charge stopped as the general let out a soft smile. "You must be the Choates...my apologies on the current situation at hand....forcing your removal to the refugee districts....is there something we can do for you?".

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
New England Consulate Building/Military Command Post

Nell had thought that the command wouldn't let them in, with her confidence in them having been depleted over the past few weeks, and was surprised by their rather stressless entry. When she saw one of the consulate guards re-employed, with Edwin and her letting him analyze their passes, her confidence increased. Perhaps they could gain something from this visit.

"Thank you, Adrian." Nell thanked the guard personally, as she knew all the names of the old guards at the consulate.

Edwin acknowledged the guard as well before entering through the gate of the complex with him. He looked around the former lobby, and spotted the once-mandatory portrait of Chancellor Kennedy. "Well, I guess some things are still here."

As the guard took them through the consulate, Nell marveled at the activity. Edwin too was surprised. Where Yankee businessmen once convened, now there were doctors pondering a strange disease contaminating the water. This concerned the consul, who was something of a germaphobe. "Guess we should be careful with the water now, dear."

"Of course. Boiling is the best course, is it not?"

"Not even sure that will resolve it, with the way those doctors are going about." He noticed the doctors had gone elsewhere to discuss in private, while the Choates continued with the guard to what was once the consulate meeting room.

When the couple reached the meeting room turned command nucleus, they were again pleasantly surprised to see the prime members of the command themselves before them. Maybe Nell's plan could work after all. Edwin had only been able to lodge remote inquiries with the command before from the refugee district.

"Well sir, you must be the man in charge here? It's nice to finally meet you in person," Edwin began, in a cordial yet cautious tone. "I will admit it has been something of a... struggle recently. Without the resources of the consulate we've been left with... er, little resources available. The phone service at the refugee district command is very limited."

"That said," continued Nell without a beat, "What my husband is attempting to ask is if, in our absence, any word from our government has arrived here. We have several New English citizens in our charge who wish to depart this country, and you must know that as their representatives we are doing our best to ensure they are permitted to do so." She was quite matter-of-fact. "If any communication with Hartford is available, sir, we require access."
Last edited by Biscaria on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 pm

James Atticus Montgomery

James approached the desk, and tested the fountain pen that rested upon it. It worked, unlike the many others found in less than cared for public buildings. Glossing over the questions, he took some time to answer them, before finishing the paper.

1) What could you bring to the outpost-program if you were accepted?
I could bring my skills to help feed the population, procure resources through trading and defend myself while doing so.

2) What are your most valuable skills which can be used to help rebuild humanity?
I have skills in commerce, farmwork, and a bit of marksmanship, as well as experience in dealing with feral ghouls.

3) Have you ever suspected or had a confirmed experience with something of the occult?
Yes. My town experienced the rising. The whole sky turned red, and most of the cemetery came back as feral ghouls.

4) When did you last have this experience, and what did you do about it?
The rising happened 1952. We shot and burned them all before burying them again, though some managed to escape. In the end I think we got them all after a month or so.

5) What would you consider your greatest weakness?
I am quite stubborn and close-minded.

6) How have you tried to cope with this weakness?
Generally I try to get behind my opponent's perspective and understand his reasoning. It works sometimes.

7) Why did you choose to come to Oklahoma City?
I inherited all of my uncle's possession, which were all situated in Oklahoma. Seeing as the city was rather pleasant, I decided to stay and run his old shop.

8 ) Why should we accept you into the program?
I have no criminal history, and can offer several skills related to subsistence in the days to come. Beyond that, I believe that I would fare well in such a situation.

After finishing his form, he stepped out of the room and greeted the functionaries, before being decontaminated. Seeing the purple-clad woman before him, he ripped his hat.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:16 am

March 17th, 1962
1:40 pm

The general nodded before saying " I do not think you will get much in terms of being able to get consistent service, but you can try. Communication systems are collapsing in on themselves all over the continent, and we recently lost contact with a few more today. That said Hartford is available...for now, but they are reporting a lot of issues on their own. I have heard several areas have taken to using pigeons to navigate the current telecommunications nightmare the globe is undergoing right now." The general began to walk to another room saying " Our communications room is set up in here...at least for now".

Whether the general meant this as the place was a temporary room or implying the city could be overrun is unknown. When the general, and the choates entered the room it was abuzz with radio operators, and others updating a large map representing north america. Red dots seemed to indicate seemed to indicate areas with sparse contact while yellow represented moderate, and green represented consistent contact. "Henry put a black dot for Buffalo, New York...its been four days since they reported a ghoul horde...and no one seems to be responding anymore". The radio operators were arguing with one another about whether to wait on declaring the fate of Buffalo.

Hartford itself had its own radio operation station, but given the dot placed on it was red...any communication with it would be highly inconsistent. At one radio station a man was furiously trying to reach Topeka "Topeka...this is Oklahoma City, repeat this is Oklahoma City, do you hear us?" A moment of silence before the man set down his equipment, and slammed his fist on the desk. An officer in the room scolded the man before asking " I take it the cult that was sieging Topeka won?" the look on the radio operators faced said yes. "Henry put a black on Topeka please" the assistant nodded as he ran back, and forth to constantly update the dots on the map. The general walked over to the Hartford station, and tapped the shoulder of the operator who turned around with a look of surprise on his face.

"Do you mind if I borrow that for a few minutes?" the shy radio operator nodded, and vacated his station for the general, and the couple next to him. The general turned on the communication system, and said "If you can get them good luck...we haven't had much the past few days If I am to be honest". The general gave the station over to them as a man came running up a private by the looks of it saying "The ghoul horde has reached the no mans land sir!". The generals face went white...."I thought we had a few days before they got there?". The general turned to the Choates, and said "If you will forgive me I have an urgent matter to attend to at the moment, but feel free to try, and get an answer from Hartford...they might actually be able to respond for once" he hurridly ran back to the command room after that.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:42 am

March 17th, 1962
Transportation Hub
1:50 pm

For the second group who would come to the transport hub they would notice something different than the others. One of the people still around to keep the hub disturbingly clean decided to put up a macabre newspaper piece, and information advisertisement seeking help in a strange murder case. Apparently the other day in the fabled lands of the mock english countryside of the village district an entire family was strung up, and murdered in an obscene occult ritual. Strangely none of the children were affected, but they haven't been acting right since. Normally people would expect children to be mentally unhinged after their extended families mass murder, but those dealing with them note that....something is incredibly off.

[Oklahoma City Courier]

5 Dead in Cult Slaying in Idyllic Village District

Brutal, and macabre murders last night of five members of a large family rocked the village district last night. The normally quiet mock english countryside of the village district was interrupted by what one witness describe as "sounds of utter horror" in the middle of the night. The local gardener a well renowned freedman, and a cop he was chatting to reportedly saw a gang of children out late a night playing before the grisly murders happened at midnight. The screams came shortly after, and the two rushed to find a horrific scene depicting a mockery of the crucifixion scene of jesus christ. Five members of a rather large family were murdered in the incident, but according to the witnesses, and the arriving police the children were found completely safe.

A retired detective of the Oklahoma City Police who formed Oklahoma Investigations is now in charge of the case on behalf of the surviving childrens relative, an aunt in the downtown district. Due to the severe stress the police are under from the current situation it is possibly for the best. Currently the four children are under lockdown at Downtowns Hospital of Saints due to a fear that the cultists responsible might next try to come for them. With occult slayings being so common especially in sprees these days it is an understandable fear much to the aunts dismay. For now the aunt is willing to let the hospital guard the children, and keep the secure until a psychiatrist on vacation in New Orleans can get back to the city to examine them.

The retired detective Langley who now heads the twenty year old detective agency out of an apartment in the Village District is asking for help from anyone. A considerable sum of payment is guarenteed to those willing to assist the man in his investigation of the brutal murders. As part of our community service, and communal fears the murderers may strike again anyone who joins the investigation, and helps lead to a successful conclusion will be "well paid". So far no one is joining, and it can partly be blamed on the paranoia after last nights murders. If you wish to contact Oklahoma Investigations, and officially assist in the murder investigation please use the number provided below.
Last edited by Benuty on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Luca Soprano's Declaration Of War

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Refugee District 2. Oklahoma City
Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano and Sean Rockwell entered Refugee District 2 with Luca's men in tow, the mobsters all openly carrying guns. Suddenly, a car (New Yorker slang for motor carriage) approached him, a greaser exiting the vehicle with five men armed with knives and baseball bats as four more vehicles approached him. "What do you think you are doing? You can't just walk in here with a group of armed men like you own the place! Now pay your respects and tell your men to back off or they will be fishing pieces of you out of the sewers!" The greaser said to Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano as the rest of his men walked out of their cars and pulled out their stub-nosed revolvers. "You William Barstow?" Luca asked the Greaser. "If you know my name, then you will give me my due!" The greaser replied, only to be gunned down by Sean Rockwell, Luca Soprano and his men opening fire on William Barstow's lackeys, killing everyone. A street urchin saw what happened and ran away from the scene before he could be spotted. "Rat bastard didn't know who he was fucking with and he is now getting his due in Hades." Milos said to Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano. "Don't celebrate yet, boys. This war has only just started." Luca Soprano said to his men.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
New England Consulate/Temporary Military Command Center

After the general hurried off, Nell sat down at the communication station and began to operate it. "Hmmm, I indeed don't remember this being a communication room before... I believe it was just an office space? Anyway, let's get to work here."

Edwin was concerned, and leaned down to his wife. "The man said something about ghouls in a no man's land... that general seemed pretty terrified."

Nell, concentrating on operating the communication equipment, put on the headphones and seemed relatively unfazed. "Well there's nothing we can do about that now... they'll hopefully sort it out. They should. Now, I think I know how to use this..."

Nell now spoke through the radio. "Hartford, this is Oklahoma City. The New England Consulate, Oklahoma City. Hartford, do you read? This is Nadelia Putnam Choate. I am attempting to reach the office of Anthony Putnam, Secretary of State, Dominion of New England State Department. Repeat, this is the New England Consulate, Oklahoma City. Hartford, do you read, over?"

Nell and Edwin were fixated on the equipment, hoping for a response.
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 pm

March 17th, 1962
1:52 pm

As the Choates continued to mess with the equipment a brief flash occurred as static started coming over. A man began to speak "Oklahoma City, this is Hartford I have your signal. You have reached us at our emergency bunker...currently the city is in open fighting due to various occultist militias being on the offensive. We don't have long to talk, but I can get the secretary for you Mrs. Choate". The man ran off, and after a few minutes of silence another mans voice came on the radio "This is Secretary Putnam, to whom am I speaking with over in Oklahoma City?".

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City
Refugee District #02
1:57 pm

The sound of gunfire in the streets rarely were received with the happiest of news in this particular refugee district. As William Barstows life blood rushed out of him, and into the ground those working inside the various buildings chose to hide waiting for the inevitable conflict to come. It didn't take long for the street urchin to report what he had seen happen in the entrance area to one of the guards at the kings Townhouse. A voice came over the intercoms that were littered all over the refugee district with a very firm tone in hand. "Alright everyone,initiate lockdown, and say out of sight as it appears we have some intruders making noise in the district".

Once the word lockdown was heard people in the various buildings motioned for anyone outside to hurry inside of them. Once any loose people outside were inside, and the buildings shut down the streets became immensely quiet. Inside his townhouse the Fugee King erupted "Who the fuck do these assholes think they are?" towards his lieutenants gathered before him. "Barstow should have known better than to go in without ambushing the fucks...well...after we deal with these band of people we ought to at least bury the man". A man wearing a Oklahoma City Police uniform came in to the room, and broke the awkwardness of the king raging at his silent lieutenants.

The king looked at him, and said "Birkin, about damn time you got here...tell me what will it be for your services this time?" The officer smiled before saying "My usual rate is two to three weeks worth of pay, but since these men just gunned down Barstow, and his crew....I'd say six or seven weeks of pay should cover cleaning them up. Of course since I have to get four of my best men on this job they will each need about two weeks of pay each." The fugee king gasped at the amount requested before saying "If you were any other dirty cop I would laugh, but since you get results fine...just bring the leader, and his right hand to me alive...I have something special in mind for them". That was when one of the jones sisters spoke up "I have an idea...how about that fancy rifleman of yours drives them to Alberta's place...she has one of those fancy traps from the military we looted a few days ago".

Alberta looked at her sister Carmine before speaking up "Huh...thats right I have been wanting to try it out". The King nodded...."alright Birkin, that should make things easier for you" the dirty cop nodded in agreement as he went up to the roof taking out a handheld radio with a headset attached. They were experimental, but worked wonders as Birkin got a signal, and said "Alright...you boys know what to do, and don't kill the leaders. The rest are expendable, but John try to make sure they get driven back to Alberta's place. She has got some fancy trap she can use on them to contain them or something".

The rifleman spoke up on his end "Yes sir, do I have clearance to begin firing?" Birkin responded back "You most certainly do son so start firing away". John aimed carefully at one of the goons near Luca who just looked like your average henchman, and open fired hitting the man in the chest. Alberta, and Carmine left the townhouse, and raced back to Alberta's place, one of the last big drinkeries in the district, and got their men ready. Of course the king had no idea the "fancy machine" wasn't a trap, but instead a bulletproof wall that when activated made it almost impossible to get into the building. By the time they could weld their way in the sisters, their men, and this new gang would be down in the tunnels making their way to a safehouse.

They had an old polish friend that the king decided to fuck with, and he was going to regret it, but first the king needed to sweat it out a little. So Birkins was unknowingly luring them to their salvation even if a few of the guys men had to bite the dust things were going to change around here for the better. Hell a lot of people hated the king, but stuck with him due to their being no alternative...until now that is. Alberta activated the huge neon sign on her building which would obviously signal both Birkin, and this new gang. Birkin's hounds as he called them were having a fun time in a new armor that was supposedly bullet proof (where it counted) as they charged, and corralled the other gang to Alberta's like cattle.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am

Nell & Edwin Choate
New England Consulate/Temporary Military Command Center

When Nell heard the voice of the man on the line, she was at the moment overjoyed. She was less so when the man stated that they were in the emergency bunker, which communicated the severity of the situation. She knew this place, constructed below ground at the Capitol Building, was the seat of government of last resort in a time of crisis; she never heard of it being used before.

"Thank you, please do," she said in a controlled manner to the first man who ran off to get her father.

As her initial excitement gave way to anxiety, Edwin became worried. "My dear, is everything alright? You got contact?"

Nell turned to her husband as the man on the line went to get her father. "I did indeed, but the situation seems grave. They're in the bunker... and they don't have much time to talk."

Edwin gasped. "Oh god! It it really must be bad there then.... Is your father there?"

"It seems so; this man on the line is going to get him."

"My love, keep strength." He grasped her hand for support.

"I'm trying Ed, I really am. I thought they'd be better off than this..."

After the few tense minutes of silence, Nell heard the voice she had been waiting for.

"This is Secretary Putnam, to whom am I speaking with over in Oklahoma City?"

Hearing her father's voice, Nell, in a rare moment, was almost overcome with a panicked excitement.

"Papa! This is Nell, your daughter Nell! Edwin's by my side. I've been trying to contact you for so long... we got forced to this refugee district, and only just now were we able to return to the consulate. There- there are a handful of New Englander citizens here in Oklahoma with us... most want to return, and until I heard you were in the bunker I didn't believe that things in Hartford were so bad. Please tell me, exactly, what are the conditions there? Do... do you know Rob's [her eldest brother, and present head of Boston-based Putnam Co.] status? Or Nate, Delia, and Izzy [her other siblings, all older]? And what is it about not much time to talk?!"
Last edited by Biscaria on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:34 am

As Alastair stepped out of the phone booth he was quite surprised to see Nelson standing right in front of him, so much so that he even jumped back a bit upon seeing him. The more Nelson spoke the more Alastair was convinced that he was the constant harbinger of bad news and this seemed to be true in this case as well as Nelson explained to him the exact situation he was getting himself into. When Nelson finished a scowl passed over Alastair's face he wasn't particularly fond of people pointing out flaws in his plans yet he also knew not to turn away Nelson's help, the man had not only been through Laggards Burrow but had also fought against the cult directly, if anyone could handle the occult then Nelson was the best person for the job.

"Well first of I am perfectly capable of handling myself but secondly you're rather experienced with these matters so... Alright you can tag along, but please keep up I want to rap up the meeting with deputy Townsend quickly, I hear the food at the market is delicious and I don't want to miss out." With that Alastair turned and began to stride in the direction of the Oklahoma city police station.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

A Narrow Escape

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 am

Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano and Sean Rockwell entered the building as five more of his men were taken down, the men who survived the onslaught following them inside. Once Luca's Crew was inside, a button was pressed and the front of the building turned into a wall. "I didn't see that coming." Milos said to the others as they heard banging on the walls. "We didn't see any of this coming. How were we supposed to know that the cops on the payroll of the "Fugee King" had body armor or that one of them was a sniper?" Sean Rockwell said to Milos as two women approached Luca Soprano. "I don't know who you are, but thanks for helping us. You must be the Jones Sisters." Luca Soprano said to the two women, as they motioned for Luca and his crew to follow them and their men into the tunnels. "I am Alberta. This is Michelle. We only saved your asses because revenge is a dish best served cold." The eldest of the Jones Sisters said to Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano as the entrance to the tunnels was closed behind him and his men. "Normally, I would wait until after I killed your boss, but it looks like we are going to be partners. As you have noticed, my crew is all that is left of the Costa Nostra in this city and we do not have any rackets large enough for us to pay the Commission its cut. I wish to change that financial situation." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Alberta as they continued walking down the dimly lit tunnels.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse