NATION

PASSWORD

I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Downtown District
Former New England Consulate/ Temporary Military Command Center
1:55 pm

"Daughter...its really good to hear your voice...the city is extremely bad shape right now. Hartford is completely surrounded by three different armies. About a week ago the situation got really bad as the occultists warring in Boston united behind a common cause, and overtook the last loyalists in the city since. I haven't heard any news about Robert since the city fell, but Ipswhich, and Salem are gone...a massive ghoul horde came out of their remains, and we have been holding them back for four days. Massachusetts is under complete occult control while Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont have formally seceded from the country".

The signal briefly turned to static before the voice of of Nell's father came back on line. "We even have a traitorous general who has seized Rhode Island, and is marching on Hartford...his artillery completely flattened the capitol building two days ago. I think Cordelia is safe in Outpost 31, but I don't know anything else. Look...daughter the situation is really bad here as the city has maybe a weeks worth of food before people start going hungry. We had five radio towers when the siege started....we only have one, and it was damaged yesterday. Our best boys managed to restore it partially, but who knows when the signal could go out".

What had been at the moment a brief recount of the past horrors started to become obvious as the voice of Nell's Father grew desperate. "If you get back here...avoid the old home it is most likely overrun with rebels. Currently I am the last official government representative in Hartford leading what little defense can be lead. Most of the others were either killed or are missing after an attempt to leave yesterday....its bad. I cannot even get a decent report from the frontlines anymore...please stay sa...." A loud, and horrifying explosion followed by a gutteral scream on the other end was the last thing to come out of the Hartford station this day.
Last edited by Benuty on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City Police Station-Entrance/Front Lobby
1:50 pm

Nelson laughed, and responded to Allister "I am just saying, the civilized ones are hard enough to fight...let alone kill the damn things, but a feral...they are on a whole new level". Nelson, and Allister had spent the entire time on the trip to the police station arguing about their very experiences in Laggards Burrow especially when it came to the "vilebloods". Though Nelson was a mere mortal he had killed the "Mistress", the socio-political force behind Mormonism, and the spread of the "vilebloods" for over a century. If a century old one could be that strong then one that is going feral could be even stronger.

Nelson looked at the lobby, and admired its somewhat rustic aesthetics "At least this place doesn't try to lie about what it is". Nelson was of course referring to the garishly rainbow colored lobby. A man reading a magazine in radio repair for experimental police radio headsets put the magazine down, and said "Can I help you fellows....you don't look like you exactly belong here?" Nelson smiled, and approached the desk saying "We are here to see deputy townsend officer". With that the front desk officer's face turned stark white as he muttered "you poor bastards" after which he spoke up saying "Go down the first floor hallway about ten doors, and then take a right...his will be the first office".

As Nelson, and Allister traveled down where they needed to go one could wonder what the officer meant by "you poor bastards". This could mean that the deputy was either a cruel man to be feared or something else altogether. As Nelson knocked on the door a loud bang was heard as if someone got up, and knocked over their chair trying to reach the door. Deputy Townsend welcomed the two into a room of absolute clutter with what appeared to be the case file strewn over the desk. "You must be Allister Halleck..." pausing a second before saying "It seems you brought a friend...regardless, I need all the help I can get so lets start" pointing to his mess of a desk before the two as they sat.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City
Refugee District #02 [Underground Tunnels]
2:00 pm

Alberta looked at the motley crew of the outsiders that remained as they traversed the dimly lit tunnels. "I have to say I figured the old man would come through, but looks like you all just crawled into this damn city. I would say that nice little trick will buy us an hour or two before they weld it open. So before that happens we have to strike while they are preoccupied trying to get in here. We only have one chance to do this right so my sister, and I have a plan".

Suddenly as they made a turn down the long tunnel a bright light came out before them. A man shouting "whose there?" until Michelle said "Calm down Michael its just us, and a few friends...get the crew ready its time". The man, a middle aged freedman possibly in his late fifties rushed off saying "Yes mam" as he headed toward a group of men who were centered near what appeared to be workbenches. Michael shouting "Alright, you heard the lady, get the guns ready....all of them!!!".

Lights in this area of the tunnel started to turn on revealing an alarming stockpile of weapons before Michelle spoke up. "The old man...the one whose daughter is in the townhouse...used to be called 'the merchant of death' back when there used to be a Poland. Ran weapons all over the conflict in europe before the Soviets went from clients to fanatical ideologues, and started wiping out his network in europe. So he simply took what was left, and came to the states, and has been living here since, a fairly wealthy man. He was real good to us after our father died, and we had nothing left".

Alberta grabbed what appeared to be a map placing it on a table "So...lets get started...there are two big people that need to be taken care of. Our former boss, and the dirty cop on the pay roll, and after that little show said cop will probably bring more of his friends in to hunt us down through the entire district. So I have a few solutions, and they involve a few of these wonderful things we got from the military." Pointing to a few crates near the table Alberta said "these traps as the military calls them are called 'blasters', and 'buzzers'. Blasters for being silent explosives used to ambush large parties, but the military mainly uses them on ghouls."

Then Alberta pointed to the other box "The reason the military calls this one buzzers is due to the fact it emits this horrendous sound, and can possibly ruin our rivals hearing. This will likely send them into chaos, and make them easier to pick off. That said the dirty cop, and his friends need to be taken care of as well as any other lieutenants out hunting you. The district might rise up in rebellion, and then make it much easier to assault the townhouse especially if we can find the secret entrance to it. Reportedly the maid knows it, but she isn't confident in talking yet...since the king is still secure for now....so lets get to work".

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 am

Nell & Edwin Choate
New England Consulate/Temporary Military Command

"Papa!? What's happening?! Papa!!" After receiving no response, and frantically trying to resume contact, she went white, knowing the implications of that final scream. "Papa, I love you... goodbye." With that final statement, shaking, she took off the headphones.

Edwin was still right by her side. "Nell?! Nell, what happened!"

"Papa's gone!" She put her hands in her arms on the desk in front of her, and began to sob. "Hartford's gone! They're all gone..."

Clearly distressed himself, Edwin tried to comfort her never having seen her so emotional before, "Nell..."

"He even said... the old home... Castle Hill... would likely be overrun... with rebels! And the town... being eaten by ghouls! Horrible!"

She sobbed some more. As she did so, Edwin began to think about his own family. He took out a postcard from his dear sister Caroline, who had been vacationing in Miami when the crisis began. He received the postcard just before the military arrived.

'I hope it's still great...' He thought.

He turned it over to read again her message, which his sister wrote in small lettering so she could fit in more details.

2-13-62

Dear Edwin,

I'm having a fine time. Got here yesterday and it's so warm, unlike home. How I wish I came sooner! Visited the Beach all day today, and going to see Biscayne tomorrow. Will visit the Keys soon too! As you know, I plan to be here from now through March. I do hope you're doing alright in Oklahoma, and am wishing Nell and you well.

Love from your sister,
Caroline

Edwin sighed, put the postcard back in his pocket, and continued to comfort his now-distraught wife. In addition to Caroline in Florida, he wondered of the fate of his own family in New England... at this point, not knowing seemed the preferable course.
Last edited by Biscaria on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:58 am, edited 17 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:27 pm

March 17th, 1962
Former New England Consulate/ Temporary Military Command Center
2:00 pm

As Nell was mourning the loss of her father, and her home, and Edwin somberly recollecting over his own family the intercoms lit up over the entire building followed by a signal wave that seemed to activate over the entire city. "This is the voice of the Southwestern Columbian Command...my name is General Steffan...I regret to inform you all that a ghoul horde of 20,000 is making its way here. As of now the curfew is being restricted from 11:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and if further actions need to be taken then it will be restricted to sundown. The ghoul horde is approximately thirty miles from Oklahoma City, and thus I have no choice, but to enact emergency measures even further more than the ones already in place. Please keep your identification papers with you at all times as guards will now double the amount of checks between each district".

The voice stopped for a second before continuing "In accordance with the emergency measures act of 1962 a draft will begin to recruit all healthy young men from the ages of 16 to 35 to serve in the cities defense. Beginning immediately health inspection teams will tour each district to assess the health of every individual within them, and prevent any possible outbreaks of disease. I have also introduced rationing limits on several essential items, and in order to ensure everyone complies please visit your local newspaper stands to get a new copy of the current rationing guide. Newstands will also provide lists of evacuation centers, evacuation routes, and safehouses should you need them during an assault on the city. In order to ensure efficiency all communication systems are hereby placed under military control, and the police of the city will be militarized as well".

The general sighed before finishing "Please stay safe, and secure...God Bless Columbia, and all of humanity in these trying times". With that the general ended their announcement, but it didn't take long for demonstrators to gather in the downtown especially in the market. The police began to busy themselves setting up barricades all over downtown, and presumably elsewhere while military motor carriages sped off to the various newstands with information packets. The former mayor Lord Cashton was gathered outside of the consulate with a sizeable crowd yelling at the gate guards over this "unnecessary, and restrictive outrage".

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 am

Alastair let a smile cross across his face when he heard Nelson's comment on the police station, the entire city had been taken over by the military and the police had been made irrelevant and there was nowhere where the effect could be seen more clearly than the police station itself, the lack of funding had lead to it having a rather... Unique look. After a brief conversation with the receptionist the pair began moving down the corridor towards the Deputy's office, it was clear that both of them had been somewhat put on edge by the receptionists reaction to their request, the deputy townsend officer must be one strict bastard if he was able to inspire such fear in his staff, it reminded Alastair a little of the officer he had served under during the Anglo-Soviet war, the man had been an utter and complete monster of a human being and yet he was able to get his men to lick the mud off his boot if he wanted them to.

Upon entering the room Alastair had to admit that he expected something slightly more frighting from the deputy townsend, to Alastair he seemed less the terrifying boot camp sergent and more a tired underpaid office worker. As the pair sat down in front of the desk Alastair streched out his arm for a handshake yet after a few seconds of his hand just hanging in the air and Alastair himself looking like a damn fool he put his hand down by his side and began to speak.

"Uhm yes I'm Alastair Halleck and my associate here is Nelson Andrews we both have some experiance in dealing with the creature that you described" Alastair paused and gulped, the deputy townsend's stare was slowly starting to make Alastair sweat "and uhh.. as seen as we ought to get straight down to business have you been able to identify how many of these bloodsuckers there are?"

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 pm

"Sean Rockwell will kill the "Fugee King". That was always part of the plan. Milos will kill Zhang and Smirnov to show Muller and Smith what happens to those who betray me. As for us, we will be paying those crooked pigs a visit. The kind that involves fire and brimstone. And no playing fair with any Micks the "Fugee King" has on his payroll." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Alberta as he double checked the map for any chokepoints they could use to kill the corrupt cops that attacked him and his men.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
New England Consulate/Temporary Military Command

With the startling announcement over the intercom, Nell began to pull herself together,

"Edwin..." she said tearily, as she lifted up her head and looked at him. "We need... to get to the Hills. There's... not much time."

"My love, are you well enough to go?"

Nell used a handkerchief to wipe the tears from her face. "Yes," she said somewhat controlled. "I am."

"Then... alright."

He helped her get up from the chair, and they walked out of the communications room and toward the exit. "Oh god," Nell went on, "I must have looked like poor Celia Babcock just then... it's just so hard to believe..."

The military guards seemed preoccupied with a matter and unconcerned with the Choates, and Edwin spotted from a window the angry mob assembled outside the front gate. "Looks like the people are angry."

She looked out the window. "We'll need to take the back way then."

Edwin nodded. The couple sneaked away to a stairwell, and went down to the basement. They navigated through an unused maintenance area until coming across a metal door, which Edwin unlocked. Away from any clamor, they entered through the door, closing it behind them, and walked alone through a damp tunnel.

"From our time here," Nell mused. "I'm glad we were able to learn the grounds..."

At the end of the tunnel there was another stairway, and then a featureless door with only a keyhole. Nell took out the keychain from her purse, put her consulate key into the hole, and turned. Unlocked, she pushed the door open into a nondescript little courtyard with a small fountain, located a block away from the consulate and with an entrance to a small street.

"Well, I'm happy that this way out was still here!" stated Edwin victoriously.

"Yes, Edwin... now let's go."

"Wait, Nell," Edwin stopped to question, "if Hartford's gone, are you sure about returning to New England? With the envelope?"

Nell paused, and stared at him. "Yes. Before Papa went, he did mention Delia at least making it to an Outpost 31. Now we were never the closest, with the age gap and her being married to Salem and all, but it would be best to go somewhere with family. Any family. Furthermore, from the way that general was saying, this place won't be safer for much longer. We need to prepare to leave."

"Yes, dear. That makes sense."

Emerging from her grief, Nell was determined. "We need to get to the Hills first, and recover what we wouldn't bring to that shabby apartment district. There... if they won't let us stay in our house overnight... I think we can count on Mimi Fitzgerald. Closest thing to a friend we have up there, the Fitzgeralds, them being abolitionists and all, unlike some people. Then tomorrow, once we have all our things in order, we'll plan to return for the zeppelins. Perhaps we could get clearance for our motor car, which should be still there..."

"What about our people, Nell?"

Nell thought for a moment. "Outside its outposts, Edwin, New England's a mess. Papa told me. Those like the Babcocks have nothing to return to, and now Hartford's gone. I do sincerely hope they will get to safety, but with our government gone we're out of options for appeal, and we need to remember to think of ourselves too." Her tone turned softer. "You know I wish we could save everyone. But we also need to face facts, and take advantage of our means to leave. We'll contact them before we go."

Edwin sadly nodded. "Alright, Nell. And I suppose you're right..."

"Then, let's go. I believe there is a trolley line leading to the Hills with a stop not far from here. 'Course it doesn't go INTO the Hills, as they would never stand for the riff-raff that would bring in, but it does bring you to the border. Come now, let's try to make it!"

On her own power, Nell hurried to the street to get to the trolley line she spoke of, and Edwin hurried to catch up.
Last edited by Biscaria on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:36 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City Police Station-Entrance/Front Lobby
2:05 pm

Townsend took a sip from a glass of water near him, and then spoke up. "Ahh...this case...you have to understand this shit goes back decades, but never had it killed until now. Normally it would drain people a little, patch them up, and they would wander in the hospitals with a nasty headache, and a bite wound...something changed. The best I can figure is that maybe there might be one doing this, but given the amount of blood taken lately....which is all of it from a person there might be far more now. Normally this thing is very efficient, and we don't find out about the victims until after we...'dispatch' their walking remains". Deputy townsend sighed...."I have been on this earth a while, and I remember when the dead stayed dead, and then we buried them...now they can't even rest...always walking around looking for flesh to satiate their pain".

Deputy townsend put a series of dispatched victims photographs on the table "Twelve of them...best guess is four got drained, and the rest were unlucky bastards who were in the wrong place. You know the fucked up part...used to be these 'ghouls' could act human like, and pass themselves off. Whatever this shit is thats happening now has removed that veil, and all most ghouls can think about is satisfying their endless, and ever painful hunger...to stop them from rotting. The last victims got me....they were just kids...apparently the thing drained the parents, and spared the kids. The kids ran crying to a neighbor to get the cops, and he did...only for the neighbor, and the cops to find the kids...turned into those things".

Deputy townsend stared into space for a moment before recollecting his thoughts. "Right well, there is something you gentlemen ought to see so if you will follow me. Deputy townsend walked to what appeared to be a very rickety elevator, and after a minute from pressing the button the old thing scraped its way up to their floor. Townsend assured the men that "old reliable" was allright, and after a moments relunctance they stepped in. Afterward he pressed the button for the basement, and after two minutes the loud elevator came to a grinding stop, and it opened.

A mans voice could be heard "Deputy Townsend is that you?" to which the deputy answered "Yes, and I have a few associates with me". The man wearing a doctors suit chuckled saying "You poor bastards walked into this willingly I take it?". Afterwards he started pulling out tables from a mortuary freezer in front of him "Now I know you gentlemen both probably by this point know what ghouls are, but these ones are extremely different...being drained of blood apparently makes their hunger incredible, and they can feel themselves rotting". The man in the doctors clothes pointed out something "notice the bite marks on the neck or arms, and how pale these four are....well despite the other eight not being the same this type of ghoul...has a taste for blood".

To demonstrate his point he took the sheets off one of the former ghouls an old woman revealing what looked to be a failed attempt at draining the victim. "The poor bastards are hungry not just for raw meat anymore, but blood...I guess its passed on from their 'maker', and the worst part of it these things can think unlike ferals. Some witnesses reported how one ghoul of this type tried to lure them over crying for help, but they felt off about it, and called the police. Had the cop not had military backup he would most likely be in this freezer as well...the damn things are incredibly fast...unlike the normally rigid ghouls. I assure you this next part will be the most exciting for you two".

The doctor pulled back a large privacy sheet revealing what was a setup of a cage, and afterword the doctor rang a little bell. Suddenly from the dark corner of the cage a man in a blue jumpsuit ran violently against the cage snarling before the doctor hit a light, and the man recoiled in pain. "I am sorry edd, but you know better than that" the doctor turned to Nelson, and Allister "He used to be our janitor a few days ago before slitting his wrists....it seems fate didn't want him to go out that way, and this thing found him, and drained him like a popsicle". The ghoul formerly known as Edd hid in the darkness quivering saying "I am so hungry....I need blood doctor...the pain hurts so much". The doctor sighed getting a can of food, and opening it before grabbing a bag of blood, and mixing a little in.

Nelson eyed the doctor "Surely that isn't human blood....?" the doctor responded "Don't worry its pigs blood from a study on human blood transfusion replacement....apparently pigs blood is a pretty good match for humans, and isn't nearly as unethical to give him". The doctor put the cans mix out in a little bowl, and passed it through the cages meal tray slot. 'Edd' grabbed the bowl, and gleefully devoured the contents in it as the doctor spoke up "So a little pigs blood mixed with that cancer ridden gruel they serve refugees is enough to quiet him...they wanted me to kill him, but I got into contact with some docs in Atlanta who want him bad. Apparently the militaries policy of gunning down ghouls like madmen has left little time to actually study them, and find a way to reverse the condition".

The doctor washed his hands before saying "At the very least the docs in Atlanta could either reverse this condition for ghouls not too far gone or find a way to make sure humans stay dead once they die...just like it used to be in the old days. Now once 'edd' finishes his food...he might be in a sociable mood so ask any questions especially about his attacker. He is the only ghoul left that might be able to even give you a hint of what it looks like...hindsight has not been our greatest friend recently so we only have him for information". Edd finished the last of the blood gruel before slowly edging his way to the corners of the cage where light, and dark met before he started sniffing "Strange...I can sense the lives of many of her kin slain before you...their blood stains you, but yet...you are just an old man...yet not an old man...you carry something within you...what are you?". Edd was pointing to Nelson who smiled saying "That is one hell of a nose you have....who did this to you Edd?".

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Milos Ambushes A Meeting

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Refugee District 2. Oklahoma City
Milos arrived on the other side of the tunnel leading to the Opal Dragon, a restaurant that had served as a front for one of the Triad's gambling dens prior to the military takeover, with three of Luca's men in tow. They entered the building, spotting Zhang, Smirnov, Smith, and Mueller discussing their plans for the future at a table, only stopping when they saw Milos. The mobsters opened fire, Smirnov and the bodyguards being killed by the hail of bullets, Smith, Muller, and Zhang upturning the table and taking cover. Muller poking his head out to open fire, pointed his Nambu at Milos, and pulled the trigger, only for the gun to not fire. "You had a city full of guns and you wasted your money on a piece of cheap Shogunate shit? Let me guess, Smith. You didn't bring a loaded gun to this meeting. Guan Yu, I am working with imbecilic cavemen!" Zhang said to Smith and Mueller before pulling out a knife and charging at the mobsters, Milos shooting him in the leg. Smith and Mueller walked out with their hands up as Zhang was rolling on the ground in pain, clutching his wounded leg. "You may be asking yourself "why didn't they immediately kill us all?" as you are stare at me. This is very simple. The "Fugee King" is losing. Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano is winning. According to his source, the three of you, four if you count Smirnov, are opportunists, meaning that you could be turned. For this reason, we are letting you live long enough to consider our current offer. What has your current allegiance gotten you? A meager ten percent of the entire district. Sign on with us and you will have the opportunity to become my boss's Capos." Milos said before pointing his gun at Zhang's head. "However, if you betray us..." Milos said right before he shot Zhang in the head. "You will join Zhang and Smirnov in Hell." Milos said to Smith and Mueller, the two simply nodding in agreement before asking "How much does a Capo get paid?" and signaling Zhang's men to stand down.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:34 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City
Refugee District #02 [The Lieutenant Meeting House]
2:20 pm

Michelle walked in, and said to the two still alive " Enough that you won't have to worry about anything for the rest of your life...if you don't betray us that is. Dispose of the dead before those bastards ghoulify, and try to take a bite out of us" Michelle snapped her fingers, and her men destroyed the corpses missing only one. Of course any chance the newly born ghoul had in this world was cut down as a man aimed a shotgun square at him. The man pleaded "wait I am not fer..." a shotgun, and a gutteral sound was the last thing heard out of him. "Sorry man...cannot take any chances with ghouls these days....those days are long over...don't forget to burn them to there is already enough sickness in this city as it is".

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City
Refugee District #02 [The Streets]
2:40 pm

Birkin finished the cigarette he had, and then dropped in on the floor below him crushing it with his boots. He used a pair of binoculars to spot what he believed according to one of his reinforcements was a temporary hideout for those in opposition to the fugee king. Birkin turned on his radio headset, and said "John, you got sight on one of them" after a moment of silence the sniper confirmed he had sight on one of the crew members for Alberta. With a simple command the sniper fired, and utterly destroyed the window the man was seen from, and eight men rushed into the building in a tactical formation wearing the modified armor from earlier.

The firefight was over in a few minutes, and the leader of the siege team reported back "sir...there were only three people here...none of the targets we need...wait what the fuck is tha-". The comms erupted into static as a loud explosion occurred, and ripped the entire building into shreds causing it to tumble down floor by floor. Birkin shouted obscenities. and railed against the sky before calming down, and trying to reach his men. After it became apparent no one could have lived through that massive explosion Birkin let out a loud "fuck it...now its time to play hard ball". Birkin put on what looked to be like an even thicker version of the armor his men had on earlier, and dragged a case out from behind a table.

Alberta, and Luca were behind a wall hiding as the men with them were dispersed in various hiding spots waiting to take out Birkin, the sniper, and the few men he had left with him. Alberta snarked "If I didn't know any better I would say that is going to be a minigun" a suddenly loud revving confirmed Alberta's worries "oh great hes gone mad". Birkin now wearing the heavy suit lugged the minigun down the stairs of the building his was on, and kicked open the front door after a few minutes. He was laughing madly shouting "All right fellas....lets play catch the mouse!" the minigun revved quickly, and lit several buildings with bullet holes, and apparently a few of them got someone as a loud scream of pain could be heard. Birkin gave out a massive laugh "Alright boys go fetch the fox", and behind him four cops in the armor seen earlier came out to find out where the person was that was bleeding.

Alberta said to Luca "Alright, lets do this quickly...I got the sniper or else we are going to get pinned down, and overrun...you take the cops. Then we deal with Birkin...maybe he will do us a favor, and waste all his ammo shooting wildly...he cannot even control the damn gun.". Alberta motioned to one of her men to slide over a case, and she opened it quickly assembling a rifle with somewhat alarming precision. Strangely there was no scope on the rifle, and when Luca looked over at her confused "Don't worry, a disgruntled gun maker in a Dallas book depository taught me a few tricks about how to do this". She ran dodging bullets from the miniguns range, and the cops who spotted her before booking it a building, block the door with a shelf, and knocking out a window to find her target.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City
Upper Hills Entrance
2:50pm.

It had taken some time for the Choates to find this trolley that Nell knew of, but eventually they reached the upper hills district. The upper hills district was a sprawling area of mansions, personal gardens, and private land that was home to both the founders of the city as well as its destroyers. Should Oklahoma City grow to big or become far too much like the trading cities farther to the north they could simply reign the city in if it was seen fit to do so. Lord Cashton was the notable exception, and somewhat of a pariah in the upper hills district since he was in favor of the cities modernization, and chose to work with business interests, and the middle class to do so. He even advocated for greater representation of the Freedmen, and included a few in his town council...which helped end his career as mayor.

While Lord Cashton chose to remove himself from the quiet, and sedate lifestyle of the upper hills it was for good reason. The hustle, and bustle of the city life was at least honest in its intention while the upper hills was full of backstabbers, liars, and deceivers, but worst of all the unfettered, and the idealists. Contrary to the escalating situation downtown the situation in the upper hills was pleasant to say the least. A massive party of everyone who was someone in the city was going on in the public square. A large crowd was mingling about drinking, and feasting much better than most people in the city save the downtown, and village districts. A mass of slaves were running back, and forth keeping tables full of succulent fruits, meats, and vegetables in reach, and supplied as the crowd laughed, and told stories.

The smells traveled their way down to the entrance where the choates most likely were at now, and would likely enrapture them to go forth. Of course the smells weren't so pleasant to everyone involved especially in one mansion where the windows were covered. A young woman...or what appeared to be one was brushing her hair with the aid of a female slave before she spoke up. " I have been alive for over 214 years, and I must say the human obsession with food never ceases to amaze me. I suppose it only makes sense that the human curse is food while ours is blood...still the lengths they will go to enjoy it are disgusting".

Another slave came in with a glass, some wine, and a small plate of tiny sandwiches while preparing a napkin, and placing it on the lap of the young woman. "I must say...that if done right though exquisite blood mixed with delicious wine, and food can be quite the experience". As she spoke the male slave poured from the wine bottle what looked like a mixture of blood, and wine. The lady sniffed it carefully saying "Hmmm....this is some from our private stock I take it?". The slave nodded saying "Yes mam, it is", and the lady responded "Very well...tell the men to keep that one alive...I have use of him".

The slave bowed his head, and left while the female slave with her continued brushing her hair. "You know Annabel...you don't have to hide the fact you have feelings for the man". Annabel blushed saying "yes mistress, but we are forbidden by law from interacting in such...ways". The mistress looked at her, and laugh "Honey...those are the laws of men, and their time is running out...I could make both you, and him immortal...if you wanted?". Annabelle gasped "You would?.....You're father would kill us both if he found out though!".

The mistress laughed "My...'father' is no more fit to lead our kind let alone shephard the mortals, and servants who aid us. I am so tired of watching my servants wither from old age, and die...you will be sixth to do so, and trust me it will happen. I offer not just immortality, but freedom since none of our kind are permitted to be slaves...imagine..a better world where you, and him can live free, don't you want that?" Annabelle took a moment to consider the question, and replied "Yes...I want to be free even if it costs me a few things in exchange". The mistress smiled "Very well...lets get the council to vote...they will see the wisdom in embracing you or else" with this the mistress, and Annabelle got out of the room, and headed deeper into the house.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:45 am

When the doctor pulled back the privacy sheet and Alastair saw the struggling writhing creature beneath he nearly retched. Of course Alastair had seen ghouls before yet every single one that he had seen had been rotted away to the point of being completely monstrous or at least Alastair had been so pumped up on adrenaline that all he had seen were monsters, but Eddie here was almost Human and had some semblance of sentience and consciousness yet behind those eyes Alastair saw no soul. If the vilebloods knowingly did this to not only this man but children for Christ's sake then these endtimes seemed to have a lot more abominable concoctions then he had previously expected.

One thing that still bothered Alastair was the peculiar differences that these creatures had from regular ghouls, perhaps these things were not ghouls at all but rather an earlier stage of the same infection that the vilebloods suffered from, instead of striking up a conversation with the ghoul creature Alastair moved to speak with the doctor "Are there any significant biological differences between these ghoul specimens and the more regular specimen of ghouls? You see I've got an inkling that perhaps these things are something a little more dangerous than simple ghouls".

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

The End Of Birkin

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 am

Refugee District 2. Oklahoma City
Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano motioned for his men to provide covering fire, Luca's men firing away at the corrupt cops outside, Birkin's minigun jamming. As the rifleman in the other building aimed his rifle, a gunshot was heard and the man fell down. With him down, Alberta's men opened fire, the body armor giving way as Birkin tossed the minigun to the side and hoofed it, his men falling to the ground like freshly chopped wheat. Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano, not wanting him to get away, took out his Tommy and opened fire, Birkin falling to the ground as bullets hit him in the leg. Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano, not wanting the officer to escape, reloaded his Tommy and headed down the nearest fire escape as the police officer began to crawl away. Once Luca Soprano had reached the streets, he ran over to Birkin, the officer's face full of panic as he heard Luca's footsteps getting closer. After a brief chase, Luca tipped the wounded officer over, ripped off his helmet, and pointed his gun at him. "I AM THE BOSS OF THIS CITY, YOU SON OF A BITCH! NOT YOU! NOT THE CONFEDERATES! AND NOT SOME PISSANT IN A ROACH-INFESTED TOWNHOUSE!" Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano shouted right before pulling the trigger, killing Birkin.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City Police Station-Basement/Morgue
Allister & The Doctor
3:00 pm

The doctor mused over Allisters question before responding "well, back in the old days there used to be two types of ghouls. The first being the freshies who were those that recently died, and came back during the first, and second risings. For all intents, and purposes they could pass as humans, but needed to ingest raw meat of some kind to prevent rotting, and becoming feral. The second type is the one everyone is familiar with as the rotting corpse shambler who relies on bestial instincts, and lacks the capacity, and personality of the former human. This all changed with the third rising where all those who died...became 'freshies', and death lost all meaning".

The doctor looked around the room to find a series of maps pointing out the distribution of ghouls in the first, second, and third risings. "Now the human like ghouls at least used to be able to be registered, and live 'normal' lives in seperate districts. This all changed when the 'freshies' in the third rising started turning feral in a matter of hours with no explanation whatsoever...its possibly why millions of people died in the first week alone. Then you have these fellows...who should for all intents, and purposes be rotting, and mindless...yet aren't". The doctor pointed toward Eddie before saying "As for significant biological differences...well the biggest one is that they lack blood like normal ghouls".

The Doctor continued "Normal ghouls both the rotting ferals, and the passably alive 'freshies' have blood. Hell, the 'freshies' despite being formerly dead still have living organs so long as they continue to digest raw meat in some form every few days...so those from the first, and second risings who are still around could be immortal if they played their cards right. Once a ghoul goes feral though...there is no going back, and the ghoul will continue to rot until it has a skeletal form. It is unknown if ferals will eventually rot to the point of becoming unable to move, but we may find out one day. This brings me to my next point...without blood these types feel pain from the lack of blood in them".

The doctor posited "It...could possibly not be so much pain from the lack of blood as a type of blood thirst if you will. I have performed autopsies on the others, and noted that their hearts, and lungs work like 'freshies', but are significantly withered. Which means the heart slows down to circulate the blood in them slowly, and they could potentially hold their breath far longer than other ghouls. One thing defines them though is that the insatiable hunger for raw meat is tripled on top of the need for blood. Unlike regular ghouls their bodies don't seem to rot though...which is most unusual, and they have a severe fear of ultra-violet light".

The doctor picked up a clove of garlic, and said "Its also the funniest damn thing...all ghouls lack a decent nose on them...in some cases more literally, but these things cannot stand the stench of garlic at all. I found it out when trying to feed him, and had just eaten something with garlic in it...apparently the mere smell from my breath nearly made him throw up. All this said...normal methods for dispatching ghouls do not work...it takes a lot of effort, and damage to keep these things down for good. Don't worry about being bitten...its normally the trauma from losing chunks of flesh, and large amounts of blood from these things that will do you in, and make you one of them. Apparently they don't carry the virus in them capable of turning a person into a ghoul over days or weeks from a scratch or bite like normal ones do...its all very strange...did you have any other questions?".

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:41 pm

March 17th, 1962
Nelson & Eddie
3:00 pm

Eddie looked with interest at Nelson saying "You...are different from the others aren't you? Damned in your own way to do what you think is right? The one who did this to me, and the others considers herself a mother to us as well as the seven children she has with her. As she drained me of my blood I could feel the decades of her existing memories flood my brain...she is young, but very powerful. She treats us as children, and nurtures our hunger for flesh, and blood...claiming it will make us better than her kind ever could be".

Nelsons face showed concern as he responded to Eddie "Yes I am very different, and...in a way you could say damned as well. What do you mean she nurtures you exactly? Is she trying to make you into something both ghoul, and vileblood?". Eddies face peaked with interest "She has mentioned that word before claiming her kin exiled her, and the family she has with them. She spoke to me as she drained my blood...she is trying to create the perfect society one based off strength, and predation."

Eddie continued "she believes our potential as ghouls is wasted simply hunting for flesh, and she has been rejected from her kin due to their ancient rituals, and obsession with immortality, and blood. She is making us in her 'image' as a new species to feed off both the flesh, and the blood...she calls us the 'ultimate predator'. One with the senses, speed, and powers of her kin, its immortality, and the ability to do things her kin cannot as other ghouls can. She is working on a way to improve our resistance to the sun so we don't have to hunt at night. I can hear her voice...it pierces my soul sir...her dreams, and wishes command dozens of us".

Nelson asked Eddie "So, how many of you are there Eddie?", and the man responded bluntly "over 100 or more of us at this point...she has worked years on us, and put many into a state of sleep in order to allow the food...supp...I mean humans to grow. All of this was communicated to me as she was draining me, and giving me a new purpose in life. I lost everything including my family to this apocalpse...I had nothing to live for, and she found me. She drained me of my blood, and I died only to come back, but not before she gave me some of her own blood which changed my resurrection into something new, and profound".

Nelson looked at the man..."You poor bastard...well whatever this motherly figure has turned you into its clear you aren't a ghoul, but you aren't entirely part of her 'kindred'. Which leads me to my final question...in her feeding on you did you receive any memories that might show were she could be hiding her, her 'family', and you her new 'children'?". The question caused the sombering Eddie to perk up..."It was dark, and huge...almost like an old crypt somewhere, but turned into a house of sorts". Nelson laughed "of course it would have to be a damn crypt wouldn't it...makes sense...a place of death is the perfect place for exiled 'kindred' to hide. Thank you for your time in answering my questions Eddie" afterword he turned to find the doctor, and Allister deep in conversation.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
Outside the Upper Hills District

As Nell & Edwin walked toward the entrance to the Upper Hills District, they noticed the smell of food wafting through the air.

"My love, do you smell that?" Asked Edwin.

"Indeed. Seems like they are having a bacchanalian... one reason why I learned to hate most of these people. Unfortunately, on foot, going through the square is the quickest route to our house. And we're too pressed for time to go the long way."

Edwin nodded. "Well then I guess we better get this over with... as much I am fond of good food, I do wish they'd have some temperance. Honestly, Nell, when we arrived, I would have been fine with a city townhouse."

"I agree with you now, but unfortunately," stated Nell in response, "at the time, in my naivety about Columbia, I was determined to have a house with with a yard and a garden. Like how I grew up. And we got a nice house with a yard here, and I do like our house; as you know, it was owned before by a Connecticut expat." She then sighed. "But I now also know why he left. You just can't forgive the slavers. Don't you remember when that ass of a woman tried to push us to "get one" when we moved in? It almost set me over the edge!"

Edwin nodded and frowned. "Indeed. "

"We couldn't move out though, not after Papa spent that money for us. So, Instead I decided to show them. Of the staff we hired, we HIRED and PAID all of them. All of them! I would never let 'the institution' into our house! As it should be, it's illegal in our county! And, in response, you know the neighbors seethed! Oh of course they didn't show it but you could tell!"

"I guess we've always been a little out of our element here."

"Well we're the 'abolitionist New Englanders' aren't we? And its true! But I've been too much of a diplomat to start an outright row. When dealing with these people, it is best to hide sentiment behind the same niceties they use to hide theirs. Even entertained them. After all, we just needed to get along temporarily; we wouldn't be here for long. Maybe a whole 4 years, at the most."

"I suppose that may be the general rotation period..."

"And now that we're preparing to leave Dixie, I must say: good riddance. The only ones I'll miss are the Fitzgeralds, some of the few good souls here, them being abolitionists and all. And them living next door was a godsend to my sanity; when Mimi told me early on that they too would use only hired staff, and never forced labor, I was thrilled! And they are native Columbians, no less! Perhaps they serve as evidence that there may be some good in this country, even if it is few and far between."

"Well my dear, let's hope they're still here, in case our house is now occupied like the consulate is now."

The Choates then proceed to walk toward the public square at a hurried clip, hoping not to get roped into whatever obscene display that was being presented there, en route to their residence .
Last edited by Biscaria on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 am

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Refugee District 2
Fugee Kings Townhouse
3:30 pm

The King upon hearing Birkins death over the headset, and the loss of his lieutenants either through betrayal or death began to lose it. His underlings always knew the king has an enormously bad temper, but it seems his days were numbered now. He sat in his room contemplating the next course of action while his mistress tried to comfort him. He desperately looked at map he had on a table, and took a pen out to circle a few towns. " We've got plenty of guns, ammunition, and money in order to move somewhere else baby don't worry" the mistress said to King trying to reassure him.

"That money isn't going to do us any good nor will the guns or ammo if we all get killed the moment we step outside this fortified townhouse...I have fifteen men, and thats about enough to maybe make a break for the front entrance of the district. Those men who weren't gunned down in the process might be able to make it with me to some corrupt guard who we can bribe for a way out of the city...if we even get that far. After that I guess I will have to work out my schemes in some pissant traveling towns..heh..maybe become some warlord or something. Of course I could just send the men out to kill anyone they can on a suicide mission...hell they might take down these others with them." Suddenly the kings face lit up...I have an idea, and with that he rushed off to another room.

Outside of the townhouse people gathered, and were throwing rocks, bottles, and other objects at the heavily barred in windows. Without his lieutenants to keep order or at least the farce that it was most people were no longer willing to bow their heads under the kings cruelty. To them he was simply an animal without its legs wildly flailing as it was dying. He knocked open the door to the room, and grabbed the girl in there by her arm, and forcefully dragged her saying "Its time you come with me dear...we have business to attend to". He motioned to several of his men to come with him mentioning explosives while telling the other half to stay at the townhouse.

The mistress came out, and said "Where on earth are you going?". The king smirked "You remember those tunnels I told you about...there is an entrance under the townhouse to an area that goes under of this district. It was supposed to be used as a shelter from far back in the days when the union still existed...now abandoned by time it happens to be a vital part of the support structure for this district. Take that out, and this competitor of mine can rule over the ashes that will be left over...unless he is smart, and agrees to my terms". The mistress was shocked at how far King was willing to go...as destroying this would mean thousands of death. The maid knowing that the king seemed to be evacuating or plotting some offensive took a risk, and met with michelle, and a certain stranger accompanying her....the time was right for a change.
Last edited by Benuty on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:13 am

So these creatures were a form of eternally tormented ghouls, well more so than the regular variant. The fact that one could not be infected by these creatures was a small comfort for Alastair, lord knew how many times he had been kept awake at night by the idea of his skin tuning pale, his eyes glazing over, his hands turning into malformed claws and an insatiable hunger overtaking his mind, it would hopefully be in some way easier to make a move against these creatures knowing that he was at least safe from being converted into one of those things... As long as kept his skin far away from the vilebloods. One thing still didn't make sense about these corrupted ghouls however and that was the garlic, a well known fact to anyone with experience with a blood sucker was that they were in fact repelled by garlic ghouls on the other hand not so much, it was ever so curious how while not having any distinct biological differences to a regular ghoul the still shared two key features with a vileblood. Maybe it was less a fusion on the biological level and more in the realm of a metaphysical combination of the two.

"Yeah exactly how much firepower do you need to put these things down? Are we talking about a shotgun to the face will do the job is it more in range of a stick of dynamite will do the trick?"

Out of the corner of his eye Alastair spotted Nelson finishing up his conversation with the ghoul a shiver passed down Alastair's spine, whenever he was reminded that those things still had a shred off sentience within them made the horrors of the past few years infinitely worse. He said to the doctor "Hold that thought" before he turned to Nelson and said to Nelson "So what did you manage to learn from that uhhh… thing."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 am

"Where is the "Fugee King", bitch? I have no time for grovelin'!" Sean Rockwell said to the maid. "He is heading to an abandoned safehouse. He plans to destroy the district unless your boss surrenders. It will kill thousands. Take that tunnel and you should catch up with him before he makes it." The maid replied, pointing in the direction of a tunnel. Sean Rockwell said nothing, his breath filled with the berserker rage, his eyes full of hate. He then headed down the tunnel, pistol in hand. Unbeknownst to his allies, he wasn't simply going to shoot the bastard. He was going to give him a taste of what Hell has to offer before sending the bastard there.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:59 pm

March 17th, 1962
Nelson & Allister
3:20 pm

Nelson turned to Allister "apparently our problems just got a whole lot worse...there is one vileblood making these things, and apparently there are about a hundred of these things hidden somewhere under a deep, and dark layer of earth. She is making the perfect predator that craves both flesh, and blood to serve her, and her 'family'. From what I gather from old eddie over here...thats about seven 'children' she has with her. Apparently they consider her...their 'mother' given she is setting about making a whole new species. Basically this looks like their mother is beta testing on how to make the perfect predator...one that can eventually walk without fear of the sun.

Nelson took out a small flask, and took a sip from it "We need to be looking for this things crypt...the downtown district is its hunting ground. So first we ought to find out how any of the witnesses are doing. I have a suspicion that given how smart these things are they might be hunting down witnesses...both these things, and their makers share memories. So whoever the people they saw before being turned by her or others she is likely hunting them down when she gets the chance. If we can find a few witnesses...we might be able to get a general idea of where to hunt her down".

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Upper Hills District
Entrance
Choates & The Mysterious Woman
3:20 pm

As the Choates attempted to hurry past the feasting a woman in a mourning robe, and her servant walked by them, and stopped. The woman lifted her mourners veil, and said to Mrs. Choate "Mam....I don't mean to intrude, but by the way you look...I can tell you lost someone close to you." Nell was understandably apprehensive at the mysterious womans question, but was able to answer with a quiet "yes". The mysterious woman nodded "I figured as much...I once lost someone near, and dear to my heart...my cousin. She used to be big in the motion picture scene until she retired to Mexico, and was killed back in 1952 during those horrible weeks."

The mysterious woman continued "I help with a grief assistance group up at the local church here...if you ever fill like you want to join our sessions come any time. Lately with things the way they are one of our volunteers is at the church every day now...it seems when the world is ending people often come out of the woodwork to resolve their issues. I understand if you might be a bit hesitant at first...yet it really will help you. Of course in the end its your choice, and I understand if you don't want to come". With that the mysterious woman handed Nell a card, and both her, and the servant walked off towards the entrance possibly to attend to some matters downtown.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Refugee District 2
Abandoned Safehouse
3:50 pm

The King looked over the table setup before him, and fiddled with the dials while muttering to himself "This should do the trick...those poor bastards still at the townhouse are probably going to get killed for nothing, but this should level the playing field". All around him in various corners of the safehouse enough explosives were rigged to cause a cave in of the refugee district sending thousands howling to the void. Of course if these competitors would simply agree to let him leave the district would remain intact, and they could rule over it. If they chose not to cooperate those still alive could rule over the ashes left behind. With the entire district rioting however...the likelihood of anyone being left alive was zero to none.

The king turned to the scared woman tied down in a chair...laughing "guess I underestimated your dad huh...kid? Well I won't do that again assuming any of us come out of this alive of course". He began fiddling with a device strapped to his arm, and said to the woman "this here is my insurance policy...its my get out of this hellhole free card". Michelle coming out of the tunnel, but hidden said loudly "How exactly is that King?" causing the men he took with him to begin looking for you. "Ah...one of the traitorous sisters...well I have to give you two credit..this has been one hell of a party, but I wouldn't go killing me yet".

Michelle trying to distract king asked "I take it you have some magic card under your sleeve?". She moved from place to place hiding near containers waiting for Sean to take the right shot. "You see...my heart stops, and this whole place blows to hell...its a neat little device. Normally its used to monitor soldiers heartbeats, and vitals on the battlefield...I did a little rigging, and connected the frequency to this detonator. So...my heartbeat stops, and the device sends a nifty signal to the detonator, and everyone in the district joins me...unless you agree to my proposal".

Michelle kept moving hoping Sean could take the right shot, and not send everyone in the district to hell along with it. "Just what exactly is that then...you know we like to keep things simple". King laughed, and said "Well, I obviously have the upper hand here, and the guys daughter...so thats a start. You let me walk out of here with no threats, and after I leave the city you can find the daughter back safe, and sound at home. You can rule over the district by accepting my proposal, and thousands will live...or you could refuse me, and those on the surface who survive the explosion can rule over the ashes...its really simple".

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

The End Of The "Fugee King"

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 pm

"Your little trick doesn't work if your little do-dad has a hole in it." Sean Rockwell said to the "Fugee King" right before the daughter elbowed him in the wrist, Sean Rockwell pulling the trigger. The "Fugee King" knelt over, screaming in pain, pieces of the device embedded in his wrist, a stream of blood gradually soaking the floor. "You sicken me." Sean Rockwell said before firing a round into the wounded dictator's leg. "Treating your employees like shit!" The gunslinger said before firing a gunshot to his other leg. "Using women as meat shields, threatening to murder the innocent, abandoning your men!" The gunslinger said before unloading two more rounds into the "Fugee King", the man barely being able to breath as he knelt to the floor. "Long Live The King." Sean Rockwell said before plugging the "Fugee King" between the eyes. Michelle cut the ropes, allowing the hostage to get out of her chair. "Run home. Tell your dad the deed's been done." Sean Rockwell said to the hostage, the girl running out of the building.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate
Upper Hills District

After the mysterious woman walked off, Nell stood there, stupefied, looking at the card she handed her.

Edwin looked over at it. "Have we seen her before? I can't recall..."

"No," replied Nell. She had been trying not to think of death, but with that woman's eerie presence, memories of her father's death and even her mother's death some ten years ago came suddenly flooding back to her.

"Nell, are you alright?"

"Ed, I'm fine," she said strained.

"I know you've never been that into religion, but maybe this would be good for you..."

"I don't know! Let's- let's just keep going. We need to get back to our house." She was determined to not be consumed by grief, and continued focusing her energies on the task at hand.

"Very well my dear."

--

After probably some twenty minutes more, Nell & Edwin neared their house.

"Finally," let out Nell.

Meanwhile, a woman at the house next door was tending to some plants, flanked by two children. After placing a flower into a hole in the soil, she spotted Nell and & Edwin come up the street.

"Nell? Edwin? Is it really them?"

She flagged the couple down, trowel in hand. "Nell! Edwin! Over here!"

Nell looked over at the direction of the shouting, and was pleased to spot a friend.

"Mimi!" Nell ran over to the woman, walking over the yard. Edwin followed.

"Oh my stars, am I pleased to see you two!" stated Mimi Fitzgerald jubilantly. "Thank heavens you're alright! Why, I had such fear when you were made to leave; how have you been managing? How did you get out?"

"Well, it hasn't been easy to say the least, but we've been getting by. And we got exemption passes, finally," replied Nell, leaving out the part about the Outpost testing. "How have you been doing here, Mimi?"

"I've been well, thank you. Too well, I imagine, with all this unholiness that's been transgressing."

As the women were catching up, Edwin spotted the two young girls, one white and one black, who were helping Mimi garden. He was perplexed. "Mimi, I didn't know Frank and you had children?!"

Mimi turned around, looked at the children gardening, and then back at the Choates with a goodhearted laugh. "Well, they weren't here when you left!" She called to the girls. "Rita! Hattie!"

The girls stopped their gardening and turned to Mimi, and then to the Choates. They smiled.

"Girls, meet the Choates; Nell and Edwin. They're dear friends and neighbors of ours."

"Hello!" responded the girls somewhat shyly.

Nell nodded her head to them, and Edwin acknowledged them as well. "Hello girls."

"Aren't they sweet?" responded Mimi. "When this terrible crisis started, these two dears lost their parents. Unlike most of the people in this neighborhood, Frank and I decided to foster. In addition to Rita and Hattie here, we've got Hal and Jacob; they're out with Frank now. You can bet that some were stirring about it around here but, damn it, I feel we've got to do something! I'm sure you passed those feasters in the square, helping no one but theirselves. And they look at us funny! Ha... Oh look at me talk. I'm sure you too are probably travel weary... would you like some lemonade?" She gestured to a pitcher near her front door, with a stack of glass cups beside it.

"Mary Christina Fitzgerald, I must say that you are a saint! And yes, I certainly would have some, thank you."

"And you sir?" said Mimi to Edwin.

"Um, sure Mimi!" Edwin replied.

Mimi got up, took off her gardening gloves, and went over to pour the couple some lemonade. She handed them the cups, and the Choates drank. She then poured a cup for herself, and then some for Rita and Hattie.

"Now, I'm guessing you're going for your house right now." stated Mimi to the Choates. "Well, I believe some military men have been living there recently. Not sure I see the reason in it, but they keep going in and out. You can try the front door, but I'm not sure what you're gonna get." She took a sip of her lemonade herself. "Anyway, if you can't stay there, you're free to stay here! Please!"

Nell's eyes lit up, as Mimi stated what Nell wished to ask her. "Really Mimi? You're sure"

"I insist! We still have a spare bedroom left, and it'd be a crying shame for you two to be stuck again at that refugee district; Frank can sort it all out. And I won't take no for an answer. You can even stay tonight-"

Edwin cut in, unable to resist his diplomatic prerogative. "Thank you, Mimi. We'll need to go back there tonight, however, to check in with the New English citizens in our charge. And to get our things-"

"But the answer is a yes! Yes!" responded Nell quickly, after a glare to Edwin.

"Well that's mighty fine!" Mimi nodded. "And I understand; I'm glad you two are still doing your job. There's good in this world, that's what that shows! Now, go along to your house, you two; I'll be here if you need me."

--

Nell & Edwin did as Mimi said, and proceeded over to their house.

They went to the front door, looking through the window and, seeing no one, Nell knocked three times. Then, they waited to see if an answer would come. In the meantime, Nell got out her key to unlock it in case they encountered no response (which she hoped for).
Last edited by Biscaria on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse