NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Open) (OOC 2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:44 pm

I haven't disappeared, I've just been on Discord. I'm having a dilemma, I missed so much posting due to work that I can no longer catch up and now don't know what to do with my character.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Nuridia wrote:I haven't disappeared, I've just been on Discord. I'm having a dilemma, I missed so much posting due to work that I can no longer catch up and now don't know what to do with my character.

I'm willing to give a recap to help clarify everything. One of my characters is also around IC to help if you need some assistance easing into the scene, before things progress.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Rovid-9
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm

Oh? This looks very interesting! I'll tag it of course; i skimmed the ooc beginnings, but it was a tad confusing, so could someone give me a rundown of the roleplay? If any of you have time, of course!

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:55 am

Rovid-9 wrote:Oh? This looks very interesting! I'll tag it of course; i skimmed the ooc beginnings, but it was a tad confusing, so could someone give me a rundown of the roleplay? If any of you have time, of course!

Hi! Always good to see new people on the OOC!

Most of this RP's activity happens on the Discord. Telegram one of the RP's mods, they'll send you an invite!

Anyway, VTTM (Voyage Through the Multiverse) is an RP of RPs to an extent. There are 'arcs' which are managed by one or two players who control the story, while the other players in those arcs react to the story and change its course depending on their characters' actions.

For example, there's an ongoing arc known as The Great Wizarding War. The arc's ops are Naval Monte and Skylus, who are in charge of the NPCs and defining the setting. They control large factions and various major characters. The arc's 'players', Me, Torii and The Japanese Americans, control characters within the setting who are participating in the story as protagonists. VTTM is all about creating stories, there's no metagaming or munchkinning (to use a DnD term).

The ongoing arcs right now are The Great Wizarding War and Seeds of Anxiety. The Great Wizarding War is all about the characters struggling to survive in a version of the Harry Potter universe where the wizards have been discovered by the governments of the worlds and both parties are in open conflict with one another. Other factions, such as an SCP-alike organisation known as AEGIS and an army led by an ancient evil wizard known as Ableton, are also competing for dominance.

Seeds of Anxiety takes place in a sleepy British town with a paranormal underbelly. It's all about untangling mysteries, investigating murders and attempting to maintain order in a town that is increasingly plagued by anomalous criminal organisations, ghosts, apparitions, demons, incubi, et cetera.

If you want to join one of those arcs, message Naval Monte (who is the co-op of both arcs) or Skylus (who is the co-op of The Great Wizarding War)

Rovid-9
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:
Rovid-9 wrote:Oh? This looks very interesting! I'll tag it of course; i skimmed the ooc beginnings, but it was a tad confusing, so could someone give me a rundown of the roleplay? If any of you have time, of course!

Most of this RP's activity happens on the Discord. Telegram one of the RP's mods, they'll send you an invite!

Anyway, VTTM (Voyage Through the Multiverse) is an RP of RPs to an extent. There are 'arcs' which are managed by one or two players who control the story, while the other players in those arcs react to the story and change its course depending on their characters' actions.

For example, there's an ongoing arc known as The Great Wizarding War. The arc's ops are Naval Monte and Skylus, who are in charge of the NPCs and defining the setting. They control large factions and various major characters. The arc's 'players', Me, Torii and The Japanese Americans, control characters within the setting who are participating in the story as protagonists. VTTM is all about creating stories, there's no metagaming or munchkinning (to use a DnD term).

The ongoing arcs right now are The Great Wizarding War and Seeds of Anxiety. The Great Wizarding War is all about the characters struggling to survive in a version of the Harry Potter universe where the wizards have been discovered by the governments of the worlds and both parties are in open conflict with one another. Other factions, such as an SCP-alike organisation known as AEGIS and an army led by an ancient evil wizard known as Ableton, are also competing for dominance.

Seeds of Anxiety takes place in a sleepy British town with a paranormal underbelly. It's all about untangling mysteries, investigating murders and attempting to maintain order in a town that is increasingly plagued by anomalous criminal organisations, ghosts, apparitions, demons, incubi, et cetera.

If you want to join one of those arcs, message Naval Monte (who is the co-op of both arcs) or Skylus (who is the co-op of The Great Wizarding War)

Ah, thank you very much!
Both of these arcs sound perfect, honestly, as they both appear to aquire different "levels" of character (it essentially appears as if you got an arc for those wanting to go all out strong, and for others who want a more tame experience)

As for the discord, i'd be happy to join! is there a specific mod you would recommend me telegram? (yknow, so i can void telegraming somebody who has been gone for a while, or is excessivly busy)

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:10 am

Rovid-9 wrote:
Menschenfleisch wrote:

Ah, thank you very much!
Both of these arcs sound perfect, honestly, as they both appear to aquire different "levels" of character (it essentially appears as if you got an arc for those wanting to go all out strong, and for others who want a more tame experience)

As for the discord, i'd be happy to join! is there a specific mod you would recommend me telegram? (yknow, so i can void telegraming somebody who has been gone for a while, or is excessivly busy)

I'm glad you found it helpful!

I would message either The Palmetto or Naval Monte to get invited to the discord :)

Rovid-9
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:13 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:
Rovid-9 wrote:
Ah, thank you very much!

I'm glad you found it helpful!

I would message either The Palmetto or Naval Monte to get invited to the discord :)

I see! Again, thank you very much, i'll get into the discord within the day.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:19 am

Slight correction. I'm the OP in Seed and the only one in charge of it at the moment.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Rovid-9
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:23 am

Naval Monte wrote:Slight correction. I'm the OP in Seed and the only one in charge of it at the moment.

Ah, I see. That one is actually the one that has me most interested at the moment, as the two characters i'm strugging to choose between playing better fit that realm.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:17 am

Rovid-9 wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:Slight correction. I'm the OP in Seed and the only one in charge of it at the moment.

Ah, I see. That one is actually the one that has me most interested at the moment, as the two characters i'm strugging to choose between playing better fit that realm.

And those characters are?
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Rovid-9
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

Naval Monte wrote:
Rovid-9 wrote:

And those characters are?

Ah, they would be Ashe Bradley (witch's heart), and Akira Kijima (Death Mark, NG)

Rovid-9
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovid-9 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:52 am

Also, update, i'm still interested in this roleplay! i'm simply waiting for a telegram back from Palmetto, for the discord

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:36 am

Arc Name
The Eight-Line Tale

Naval Monte and Nagakawa

Genre
Epic, psychological, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, cosmic horror

Summary
The conclusion to both the Hotel Saga and the Gnosis and Aeon Sagas, The Eight-Line Tale is the beginning of the end, the twilight of the gods, the final act in an epic spanning over five years of writing, world-building, and lore compilation by two RPers.

As the wars instigated by and involving the old beings of the Gnosis Verse spiral out of control and draw in more and more worlds, the rivalling factions of the Fates, AEGIS, and others must all face their moments of reckoning, as the ugly truths behind the many façades of reality come to the light, and people are forced to confront their deepest nightmares and tenets of morality long held to be beyond reproach or question.

In the meantime, the Dimensional Hotel, having existed since time immemorial as a nexus between countless worlds of the Multiverse, is threatened by an ancient horror thought for ages to have been sealed away for good, rising from the ashes of the nameless war that saw the destruction of the Intergalactic Security Enterprise and the Chimaera.

Against primeval darkness and impending war of an unrivalled magnitude, there are no heroes, prophecies, or chosen ones- only those who choose to resign themselves to fate and those who choose to take action and forge their own destiny, even in the twilight hours of an ageless struggle.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Nagakawa wrote:
Arc Name
The Eight-Line Tale

Naval Monte and Nagakawa

Genre
Epic, psychological, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, cosmic horror

Summary
The conclusion to both the Hotel Saga and the Gnosis and Aeon Sagas, The Eight-Line Tale is the beginning of the end, the twilight of the gods, the final act in an epic spanning over five years of writing, world-building, and lore compilation by two RPers.

As the wars instigated by and involving the old beings of the Gnosis Verse spiral out of control and draw in more and more worlds, the rivalling factions of the Fates, AEGIS, and others must all face their moments of reckoning, as the ugly truths behind the many façades of reality come to the light, and people are forced to confront their deepest nightmares and tenets of morality long held to be beyond reproach or question.

In the meantime, the Dimensional Hotel, having existed since time immemorial as a nexus between countless worlds of the Multiverse, is threatened by an ancient horror thought for ages to have been sealed away for good, rising from the ashes of the nameless war that saw the destruction of the Intergalactic Security Enterprise and the Chimaera.

Against primeval darkness and impending war of an unrivalled magnitude, there are no heroes, prophecies, or chosen ones- only those who choose to resign themselves to fate and those who choose to take action and forge their own destiny, even in the twilight hours of an ageless struggle.

Fuckin A man. Accepted

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Name: Doctor Stephen Vincent Strange
Universe of Origin: Marvel
Species: Human
Appearance: The doctor is here
Powers & Abilities: 

A master of the mystic arts; Strange can channel Eldritch Magic to create fiery energy to create weapons like swords and weapons, mandalas for protection, a more massive energy dome for group protection. He can even use his magic to help locate people and objects. Strange can create portals that can take one to multiple locations and dimensions by the use of a sling ring.

Doctor Strange can use his magic to transform and transmute different materials. He can project energy bolts and beams and control the elements. Doctor Strange is capable of creating duplicates of himself and others, create arcane projection spells and illusions, is capable of astral projection and conjuring items seemingly from thin air. He can even access the Mirror Dimension for travel, defense or to be used as a weapon.

Other feats are telepathy, telekinesis, hypnosis, summoning and banishing otherworldly beings, binding entities and clairvoyance. His most powerful ability is to control time through the Time Stone found within the Eye of Agamotto. Strange can make deal with supernatural beings to gain a fraction of their power.

Beyond his magic, Strange is an expert on occult and magical knowledge as he uses it to face extradimensional entities and dark sorcerers. He was once an expert neurosurgeon before his accident and while his hands are no longer useful in that line of work he has proven to be a valuable consultant on neurosurgery. Doctor Strange is also very intelligent and clever, making him a powerful strategist and while he isn't the best he is a skilled martial artist. He also has an Eidetic Memory and is Bilingual.
Weaknesses: Doctor Strange is still human and as such still possesses human limitation. The nerve damages on his hand prevents him from working on delicate tasks like his former profession
Attack Potency:  Street level physically but Large Town with magic
Speed: Massively Hypersonic
Lifting Strength: Regular Human | Regular Human, Class T with magic
Striking Strength: Street Class | Wall Class
Durability: street level physically but with magic ot can be town or city level
Stamina: Above Average
Range: melee range physically but several meters with magic with some spells even having a much further range.
Intelligence: Genuis level
Equipment on Hand: Cape of Levitation, Eye of Agamotto, Sling Ring
Brief Bio/History*: Here
Brief Personality Description*: 
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Alright guys...you've all been an amazing help in order to try and get me back on track, I just feel that squeezing Sin into this point of the timeline would throw things off way too massively. If I do come back, I think I'll try again with another character...I really enjoyed RPing with you all.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:01 am

Nuridia wrote:Alright guys...you've all been an amazing help in order to try and get me back on track, I just feel that squeezing Sin into this point of the timeline would throw things off way too massively. If I do come back, I think I'll try again with another character...I really enjoyed RPing with you all.

Sorry about that. I think we will need to make a rule on limiting collabs since while some have been done well others sadly have caused more issues like this. If you want to use Sin she can go to Seed. That one doesn't use collabs as much
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:24 am

I'm not sure where I want to put her (plus some others I'll be writing apps for later), so I'll just post the app and take suggestions on where she might fit.

I know that she has a VSBattles entry that says some different stuff, but some of it seems a bit too high and some of it seems out of date. Although I'm actually not sure the mana limitation exists for any functional intents or purposes because of the whole Faelor thing.

Name: Syndra
Universe of Origin: League of Legends
Age: Biologically 20s, chronologically at least decades older.
Species: Human
Appearance: Image
Powers & Abilities:
Dark Sphere - Syndra can generate and manipulate spheres of dark energy that drain life, light, and magic from everything around them. She is usually orbited by three of them.
Force of Will - Syndra can telekinetically manipulate objects and people around her. She tends to use this to levitate herself automatically.
Dark Crown - Syndra automatically manifests a crown (as pictured) atop her head as long as she is conscious.
Resistance to Power Suppression - Syndra can break free from attempts to suppress or drain her power.
Rage Empowerment - The strength of Syndra's abilities depends on the strength of her emotions related to anger. At her worst, she has lifted a massive fortress while causing damage to the surrounding island, and threatened the magic of that island (Faelor). At lower levels of anger, she may be able to maintain some of these effects, but she cannot create them.
Weaknesses:
- Syndra lacks full control over the draining effects of her abilities, causing proportionate collateral damage whenever she uses them.
- As mentioned above, Syndra's abilities are partially dependent on her anger. If she were to become exceptionally calm for some reason, that might weaken her.
- Syndra has very strong emotions, which could be used to goad her in certain cases.
-There is a brief cooldown period before she is able to use some of her magic, though it isn't nearly as long as in gameplay. Similarly, she has a limited amount of mana to use for magic, though it isn't nearly as limited as in gameplay.
Attack Potency: Via magic at least small town level+, though variable due to Rage empowerment. Likely Town level+.
Speed: Athletic Human
Lifting Strength: Via magic at least Class M, though variable due to rage empowerment.
Striking Strength: Via magic at least Small Town Class+, likely Town Class, though variable due to rage empowerment.
Durability: Human, at least Small Town+, likely Town level+ when reinforced by telekinesis.
Stamina: Superhuman (am willing to accept a nerf on this, it’s not really clear based on lore)
Range: Hundreds of kilometers
Intelligence: at least Average, likely Above Average.
Equipment on Hand:
-Dark Spheres: As mentioned above.
-Crown: As mentioned above.
Brief Bio/History*: Syndra grew up in the Navori, a bit of an odd child and treated poorly by her family--in particular, her brother, Evard. It was in fact when he followed her to a sacred tree in her village to torment her that her powers activated, intimidating him and his friends, but also draining the life of the sacred tree. This terrified her village, and her family was forced to move. Eventually, it got bad enough that she was apprenticed to a more experienced mage named Koningen to help control her powers--but eventually, Syndra realized he wasn’t training her, but suppressing her. Enraged at this perceived betrayal, Syndra murdered Koningen and began to destroy the temple they were training in, causing a ripple effect throughout the region and starting to drain its magic. The spirit of Ionia itself eventually imprisoned her inside something called The Dreaming Pool, keeping her unconscious and causing her to relive a single memory over and over. She was awakened much later by a group of vastaya (magic animal people), who had different reasons for doing so, at which point she killed most of them and raised up the fortress built around her into the sky, causing destruction on the island as well.
Brief Personality Description*: Syndra is extremely independent, greatly resenting any attempts to use or control her--indeed, she may resent this more than outright hostility She greatly values her magical power, and does genuinely want to improve it. Her motivations are strongly personal (as opposed to connected to causes), and she tends to hold grudges for a long time. Despite her anger, she did spare one person after being released from the Dreaming Pool, suggesting there’s a certain level of it she’s come to expect from people.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by Xeng He on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:49 am

Name
The Roman Catholic Church (known informally as the Vatican)

Maintaining the pretence of being a Christian church, the Vatican is, in fact, a dimension-spanning esoteric society, rising from the ashes of the Nameless War as one of Arcana's main rivals and the foremost new power in the vacuum left by the fall of the IGSE and the Chimaera.

Led by its popes, who are in fact not elected by a papal enclave, but appointed directly through a line reminiscent of imperial succession, the Vatican is currently ruled by the sinister Gregory XVII, a mysterious figure who seeks to repress all opposition to the iron-fisted rule of the Vatican, starting first of all with Arcana's leader: The Thin White Duke.

Universe of Origin
Multiple

Number of Members
At least 2 billion

Notable Members

Height: 170cm
Weight: 70kg

Gregory XVII, originally born Reinhardt Nepomuk von Riemenschneider and known also as the Blind Pope, is the enigmatic Bishop of Rome and Supreme Leader of the Vatican. He has at his fingertips command over hundreds of thousands of secret soldiers and agents ready to do the bidding of the Vatican.

Like the Thin White Duke, Leader of Arcana, rumours abound about the true identity of the Vatican's supreme leader. some say that Gregory XVII is actually not a human, but anything from an angel or a demon, to the second coming of Jesus himself.

As his sobriquet suggests, Gregory XVII is blind.
Outside of the knowledge of the average follower of Roman Catholicism, the Pope is protected by three beings known as the Three Hands, a trio of dark spirits summoned by a pope from generations ago to serve the supreme leader.

The Three Hands are Ormen the Serpent, Dantalian the Destroyer, and Virgil the Emperor.

Description of Faction's Tech, Powers, & Abilities
Holy Magic: No single faction holds such a wealth of holy magic as the Vatican, which freely makes use of this knowledge for purposes both noble and nefarious. Thus, the Vatican can be said to be the foil to Arcana, which specialises in dark magic.

Fleet: The Vatican possesses a fleet of 50 starships built specifically for war.
Last edited by Nagakawa on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Xeng He wrote:---

Unless there are an objections the app is accepted

Nagakawa wrote:...

Accepted

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:33 am

General Information | Felicity

Name: Felicity
Actual Age: Lived from 1650 to 2025 and 2115 to 2167: total age, 427 years
Biological Age: 31 years
Species: Arawn Reaver
Universe of Origin: Gnosis (OC)
Sex: Female
Appearance:
  • Clothing: Felicity favours purely functional clothing. This doesn’t necessarily mean that she walks around wearing ballistic vests and iron platemail at all hours, however. She is strongest when she is incognito, and therefore she prefers civilian clothing which provides both a degree of anonymity and mobility. As of her entry into The Eight Line Tale she is wearing a shirt, overcoat, gloves, long pants and boots.
  • Eyes: Felicity’s irises are brown. They were formerly dark red.
  • Hair: Felicity has mid-length black hair which she wears without any particular styling. It was formerly brown and much longer.
  • Mass: Felicity weighs 62 kilograms. She formerly weighed 75 tons.
  • Height: Felicity is 170cm tall. She was formerly 220cm tall.
  • Physique: Felicity has an athletic and acrobatic build. She is extremely flexible and even without the advantage of being an Arawn Reaver she would qualify as one of the most physically capable persons in the world, although she wouldn’t be breaking any records; she isn’t a bodybuilder but a soldier.
  • General Description: Felicity is a relatively tall, athletic woman with an exceptionally resilient body. She favours pragmatic civilian wear. Her posture generally indicates a level of terse reservedness, and she is rarely physically outgoing. She moves unsettlingly quickly and quietly; her musculature is distinct from that of a regular human. Her organs, too, are entirely different from a regular person’s.
Skills:
  • Combat Savant: Felicity is well versed in the disassembly, construction and use of nearly every weapon ever invented in Gnosis. She can masterfully wield a variety of weapons, improvised or not. Her marksmanship is impeccable, her martial skills unmatched and her understanding of her enemies unimpeachable. In terms of sheer skill, separate from inherent power, she is one of the most learned characters in all of VTTM, second only to a handful of her peers and some extremely specific individuals such as Andarta and Kyle.
  • General Knowledge: Felicity has encyclopaedic knowledge of all the known sciences, detailed memories about everyone who was ever born between the years 1911 and 2165 in Gnosis and enough processing power to simulate a volume of up to 1,000 cubic metres of space in real time to a subatomic degree of fidelity. In short, she is nothing less than a superhuman genius in every known field of study and has more processing power than the entire human race as of 2020.
Equipment:
  • N/A: None to speak of.
Powers and Abilities:

Biological Abilities:
  • Enhanced Physiology: Felicity’s body, as mentioned before, is different from that of a baseline human’s. Her anatomy, while not adaptive, is capable of regenerating itself at an immense pace. She can also consciously control the rate and effect of this regeneration, allowing her to regrow lost limbs at will and even apply minor modifications to them along the way. She may hold her breath for hours, can breathe freshwater, gain sustenance by digesting the bacteria in garden soil, successfully digest metal, resist most forms of poisoning and biological warfare, and of course, she has immense reserves of strength. In all aspects but one, Felicity is just a slightly shitter version of Skye.
Esoteric Abilities:
  • Decay: Felicity’s primary gimmick is her ability to control decay. This most commonly takes the form of blighting, rotting and rusting. She can choose when to use the ability, and it allows her to destroy practically anything at an incredible rate. She can walk through solid steel blocks without being slowed down just by decaying it faster than it can push back against her, she can instantaneously turn a human being into a pile of sterile goo and organic vapour in the blink of an eye, cause whole buildings to turn into black paste and cause major seismic events by undermining the planet’s crust. Her decay can even affect incorporeal or theoretical entities. She can destroy ghosts, portals, air, even someone’s thoughts just by being in contact with them. She can also consciously force her decay to spread in one direction, meaning that she doesn’t always need to be right next to someone to attack them. Of course, significant exertions of decay also take a toll on her. She typically doesn’t use decay to destroy large objects or areas, instead she usually focuses all of her energy into her arms or her skin to let her melt bullets before they can hurt her or obliterate an opponent. She can also use this decay to perform extremely specific tasks, such as chopping salami. More impressively, she can sunder the molecular bonds in organic sugars in order to convert them into plastic explosives, and even break apart metal atoms in order to turn them into chlorine, thereby creating large quantities of toxic gas. The decay cannot be conventionally halted, cured or destroyed. The only way to successfully contain it is to completely isolate it. If someone’s limb is affected by it, the only effective treatment is to sever the limb as quickly as possible: decay can spread through one’s bloodstream and metastasize all around the body even if the limb is almost immediately cut off. Decay can destroy things to different degrees, too. Felicity can control whether it reduces something to mush, gas, dust, a completely different chemical compound or imperceptible nothing.
  • Plague: Felicity is capable of infecting individuals with a type of decay which behaves much like a transmissible disease, causing them to vomit and hemorrhage. The victim’s bodily fluids carry the decay too, of course, meaning that they serve as highly infectious vectors for her disease. While she cannot create especially dangerous diseases in her current state, she used to be able to create pandemics which would wipe out entire civilizations in hours or days.
Weaknesses:
  • Rotting on the Vine: Decay doesn’t spread forever, nor does it spread very quickly when Felicity isn’t actively trying to maintain it. After a while, decay will die off unless she reinvigorates it.
Personal Information:

Personality: Felicity is a relatively stoic individual. She is intense, ice cold and dreadfully pragmatic. She does, however, express a fierce desire to protect regular people, and has a great deal of sentiment for her former colleagues. She is anything but maternal, but she will gladly act in order to help those she sees as disadvantaged. She rarely fights even when doing so would net her an overwhelming victory, as she has developed an aversion to killing. However, once conflict breaks out, she holds nothing back until the bitter, bloody end.
Biography: Felicity was created by the Greater Gaian Commonwealth, a successor to AEGIS formed after the existence of anomalies was revealed to the people of Gnosis. Over time, dangerous anomalies began to proliferate and began to threaten the very existence of life within the universe. The GGC possessed immense resources and put them toward creating supersoldiers who could hold the line against the anomalous hordes of mountain-eating snakes, dream-invading gestalts and cosmic horrors that were attempting to wipe out their civilization. Felicity was born during the Reaver project, which was intended to create humanoid warriors who would be used as propaganda idols in order to boost the people’s morale and support for the GGC’s militaristic policies. Felicity was essentially supposed to be a performer. Out of millions of anomalous children created for the project, she was chosen - alongside another 49 of them - to be in the “Arawn Corps”, one of tens of thousand units that were to be deployed around the GGC’s territories. She was raised by scientists alongside her peers. Several highly anomalous forms of enhancement were used on her in order to boost the rate at which she would learn and mature, with these methods including directly encoding information into her brain, temporally protracting her childhood so she could spend hundreds of years studying while only a few minutes passed in the outside world, applying genetic therapies to her on a daily basis and putting her through numerous combat tests against captured anomalies and robots. On her 20th birthday she was sworn into the Arawn Corps and deployed to fight all over the Earth.
Over the span of just a few years Felicity killed hundreds of millions of enemy soldiers and thousands of larger entities, with those including flying leviathans and demonic titans. She and her peers - along with all of the Reavers created at the time - worked at an unprecedented rate. For a time, it looked as if the GGC’s existence had been secured. However, the incidence of anomalous events only rose with time. In just a dozen years she found herself fighting without sleep or rest every day. She was responsible for the genocide of entire anomalous races and the depopulation of entire nations in other dimensions. This was far from unheard of. However, despite her best efforts, humanity went extinct. The universe went dark and she, alongside her friend Rachel, watched the last living human in the universe die in their hands. She prepared to make a last stand against the encroaching tide, knowing that she was going to die. However, before that could happen, an unknown series of events transpired which resulted in her, alongside the other Arawn Reavers, being transported back in time to the 17th century. At that point they came together and agreed that they had to prevent the future that they had seen from coming to pass. To that end, they began to assassinate important figures in the anomalous underworld in order to weaken the forces which would one day stand against humanity. They murdered barons of Hell and high ranking Seraphs. They wiped out entire species and civilizations, including a species of fae which, in 2114, existed as a Type-1 civilization on Earth, coexisting with humanity. The reason that they did this was because any anomalies, benign or not, caused more anomalies to appear. The mere existence of them was enough to trigger further tears in the fabric of reality. They hoped that by fully wiping out anomalies they could ‘plug the holes’, so to speak.
By 1998 the Arawn Reavers each had a repertoire of dead civilizations under their belts. Felicity was responsible for the extermination of a hive-minded race of adaptive insects which, in the future, would’ve been taken over by an ancient cosmic force and who would have levied trillions of drones to attack Earth. The results of their efforts spoke for themselves. The diameter of the Earth shrank by almost 2% as a result of them rewriting history repeatedly in order to retroactively exterminate entire civilizations and to destroy major landmasses, oceans and small celestial bodies. By the beginning of the 21st century, however, the technology available to most civilizations had progressed to a point where they could no longer exterminate them with impunity. This bit them in the ass when they attempted to wipe out Lludw Cigfrain, a town in Wales known for harbouring some of the most significant anomalous humanoids in the world. They met limited resistance during their initial invasion but were stopped when a reality bending mage known as Andarta rose up to meet them. The resultant conflict was so destructive that in its aftermath, Andarta and the Reavers were forced to split the timeline into two pieces in order to prevent themselves from being attacked by the combined forces of practically every anomalous organisation in the world, who had taken notice of their battle and come to realise that each of them posed an existential threat to the whole world. They created an alternate version of Lludw Cigfrain which they had never attacked, while sealing the original - completely destroyed - version of Lludw Cigfrain (and most of Europe) in an alternate dimension known as The Fold.
At that point, the events of Secrets of the Raven unfolded. Felicity and the reavers, who had decided to work with Andarta following their battle, since Andarta knew of a way to rewrite history to completely eradicate all anomalies and safeguard humanity eternally, came to blows with Elizabeth Ashwood and her allies. Ultimately, Felicity was brought down via the combined efforts of The Skeleton Mafia, Elizabeth Ashwood, Alex Ashwood, a boreal banshee, Kyle Hearse, Jacquelyn Vanth, Mephistopheles, Abaddon, AEGIS and a number of other parties who had reasons to want the Arawn Reavers dead. All of her fellow Reavers died during the conflict too, excluding an infiltration specialist known as Kim who left the Arawn Reavers a few years prior to the beginning of Secrets of the Raven. Felicity was atomised, dismembered, severed from reality, cut off from the psionic network she shared with her peers, struck with abyssal magic and hit with various other blights. However, despite being just a disembodied consciousness, she managed to piece together a make-shift body out of various particles that she managed to exert some influence over via mere observation. She regenerated, but in a far weaker state than she had been before ‘dying’. She did a bit of soul seeking, fought some interdimensional wardens who wanted to collect the bounty on her head, and ultimately decided that she no longer had the strength required to change history. Thus, she settled on finding the bodies of her friends and laying them to rest. As of the current point in SoA, she has barely even begun to execute upon that task. She met a powerful mage native to Lludw Cigfrain known as Winter, and enlisted her help in laying the Reavers to rest. They worked together for some time, both doing so out of a desire to help set the world right. Felicity knew that if her friends’ corpses were allowed to be studied by AEGIS and other organisations, they’d be used to manufacture weapons of mass destruction on a scale heretofore considered unimaginable.

Statistics:

Attack Potency: Large building level | City level | Conceptual
Destructive Capacity: Wall level | Large building level | Island level, potentially much higher
Lifting Strength: Around 20,000 kg | At least 3.6e+13 kg | N/A
Speed: Mach 2 | Mach 1,000+ | N/A
Stamina: Extremely high | Essentially infinite
Durability: Building level | Town level | Conceptual
Range: Melee | Melee | N/A
Intelligence: Extremely high. | Far, far higher with access to the Reavers’ psionic network | N/A

Key: Current | Formerly | With Decay

General Information | Winter

Name: Winter
Actual Age: 94 years
Biological Age: 28 years
Species: Human
Universe of Origin: Gnosis (OC)
Sex: Female
Appearance:
  • Clothing: Winter prefers warm clothes and dislikes people looking at her eyes. She wears a blue scarf, white coat, gray pants, runners and a sweater.
  • Eyes: Winter’s eyes are a deep shade of magenta. They glow very visibly in the dark, so much so that they shine through her eyelids, seemingly without being impeded by her skin. Her eyes are the only part of herself that she cannot modify.
  • Hair: Winter’s hair varies dramatically depending on what colour she chooses to imbue them with. Typically, her hair is a shade of champagne blonde. Her hair is straight and is long enough to reach the same vertical plane as her cheekbones.
  • Mass: Winter weighs 55 kg.
  • Height: Winter is 163cm tall.
  • Physique: Winter isn’t muscular or built at all. She’s relatively normal looking and is, by her own admission, relatively physically incapable and frail.
  • General Description: Winter is a woman of average height with glowing pink eyes. She has a simple enough appearance and sense of fashion and just seems to be a fairly typical person all around… until she opens her eyes, that is. To an outside observer looking at her body language, she usually comes off as relaxed and confident even in times of extreme duress.
Skills:
  • Thaumatology: Winter is one of the most highly skilled thaumatologists in the setting and one of the most talented, too. This means a myriad of things which can’t be summarised in an app, so I’d suggest asking Crow about general occultism and abyssal magic.
Equipment:
  • Tallow Candles: Winter carries candles made of human fat. When they are burnt they release Winter’s colour, known as The Pink or Rosea.
  • Surgical Equipment: Winter carries larding needles, scalpels, carving knives, a sharpening stone and syringes.
Powers and Abilities:

Esoteric Abilities:
  • Eye: Winter can see in any spectrum of light. She can see radio waves, microwaves, UV, even gamma rays. This grants her a degree of enhanced perception, since she can theoretically see through walls by tapping into radio wave frequencies. In practice, however, she can only peer through fairly thin or permeable obstacles such as doors and plaster walls, and even then she can’t perceive what’s behind them with exceptional clarity. The most pragmatic applications of this ability would be seeing whether someone’s bones have been broken, or seeing radio waves travelling through the air so that she could pinpoint the location of whoever transmitted the signal.
  • Pink: Pink, or Rosea, is the spectrum of colours which Winter controls. It presents itself as a shade of deep, rich magenta and is physically indistinguishable from regular pink light. The difference between regular pink and Rosea/Pink, however, is that Pink is produced by the human body. Winter naturally emits a significant amount of it from her eyes - enough to cause skin lesions and ulcers just by staring at somebody - but it can also be produced by burning the bodies of people who have been infested with Pink. Pink naturally attempts to worm its way into someone’s body via the eyes. Simply being bathed in Pink causes a feeling of intense pressure on the skin and the sensation of being burnt. The eyes are especially affected, with viewers typically reporting intense stabbing sensations in both of their orbs. If Pink is unable to enter someone’s body it will begin to actively harm them in its attempts to create an aperture, causing burns and lacerations to slowly appear across their body, as if someone were gently pulling a razor through their skin or holding a matchstick above it. Pink can only enter through open wounds and the eye: if someone wears thick protective garments and closes their eyes it’s relatively harmless. This is Pink in its natural environment, however. Winter is able to control Pink and prevent it from attempting to enter somebody’s body, or make it attack someone aggressively. If Pink enters someone’s body too quickly it can result in catastrophic trauma, causing someone’s eyes - or even entire head - to burst. Such a violent and lethal effect requires a significant amount of Pink to be present in order to be accomplished, however.
  • Rosea: Once Pink/Rosea has entered somebody’s body it gains control over their physiology. An infested person’s eyes will begin to emit trace amounts of Pink and will visibly glow. The more Pink invades someone’s body, the faster they will be taken over. Pink self-replicates inside the bloodstream: even if the person runs away from the source of their initial exposure, symptoms will continue to develop. Their eyes will turn pink and will begin glowing extremely brightly. Their eyelids will be cut to ribbons, preventing them from closing their eyes, and their body will adopt a supple and fragile texture. Over time their blood will begin to emit Pink as well. As the infection develops, Rosea will gain more and more control over them, allowing it to take control of their limbs and senses. Typically, however, Rosea gains control over the person long before it has gained the power to suppress their conscious efforts to move. Instead of brute-forcing its way to controlling them, it will selectively mutate their body in order to punish or reward them for doing certain things. For example, it might sew someone’s mouth shut if they refuse to obey a command issued by Winter, or it might force someone to drown their child in the bathtub if they attempt to fight the infestation. Rosea is capable of altering a person’s physiology drastically, changing them as easily as an artist would change a drawing. It can even suppress supernatural abilities, although it cannot grant them to an individual if the individual didn’t already possess them. Rosea infection takes a while to occur. If someone removes themselves from the source of Rosea before they hit a certain critical mass, the infestation will die off. If enough Rosea makes its way into their body, however, there isn’t a whole lot that they can do at that point besides receiving a full-body blood transfusion.
  • Painter: Winter can create Rosea ink by draining the blood of a Rosea infectee. Rosea ink can do anything she wants it to, since it technically counts as being the tissue of a Rosea infectee. Thus, she can telekinetically control Rosea ink and make it adopt any physical properties that she wants it to (within reason), allowing her to effectively conjure food, bricks, water and weapons out of ink. The objects’ chemical composition remains that of ink, however, meaning that Rosea food won’t actually give her any sustenance if she eats it.
  • Inkblots: Winter’s influence over Rosea infectees (i.e. total control over their body’s physical properties, shape, function, size and mass) also extends to herself, meaning that she can seal wounds as if she were just painting over a gap in a portrait. She needs to make up for the mass that she loses when she is hurt, however, and usually does so by filling in the injury with ink, since ink to her is functionally pluripotent matter.
Weaknesses:
  • Resistance: If someone hasn’t been exposed to too much Rosea, they can stop the infestation from continuing by just getting away from any external sources of Rosea. Replacing their blood also effectively sets back the progress of the infection. Closing one’s eyes and sealing open wounds is also an effective way of counteracting Rosea attacks, although the Rosea will slowly burn and cut its way through the individual’s clothing and skin in order to infect them.
Personal Information:

Personality: Winter is completely nonchalant. She is derisive, mean, insensitive and fiercely concerned with retaliating against those she perceives to be causing undue harm. Her punishments are always completely and exactly proportional to the crime that she is punishing. If someone is responsible for a murder, she will kill them. If someone is responsible for torturing two people for fifty years each, she will condemn that person to a century of agony. She is not, however, entirely unfair. She is more than willing to consider the circumstances of an individual’s actions as well as their motivations. At times her sincere desire to see the world reach a state of utopia shines through her acerbic exterior, though these moments are few and far between.
Biography: Winter was born on an anomalous continent in the Pacific whose existence was hidden from the rest of the world. She was then immediately left alone in the woods by parents who, presumably, couldn’t handle the responsibility of raising a child. She didn’t know who her parents were, nor did she ever find out. She spent the early years of her life being tended to by Rosea. It never spoke to her, but its presence always calmed her. It made her feel safe. Even as a baby it would fill her with warmth. She should’ve died mere hours after being born but luckily, a fox happened to pass by her. The Rosea leapt from her eyes to its, and it became a thrall of not just her, but also Pink. She spent a long time in the woods, controlling animals and making them bring her food, trinkets and toys. When she was five, however, a passing group of hikers found her and brought her back to their hometown. After that she was put in an orphanage and raised by a kindly woman known as Snow, a skilled thaumatological alchemist who worked as a doctor. Snow brought Winter up to be a principled girl with an aptitude for her studies and an interest in pursuing a life as a free spirit, unbound by society and free to do as she pleased. That never quite came to pass. A gargantuan anomalous storm hit her town and half levelled the place. In the aftermath, the ecosystem and all the neighbouring settlements were left utterly devastated. The town had been an independent settlement outside of any government or nation’s borders and therefore the only people who were around to help were the survivors. She saw people that she’d known for her whole life break down and give in to despair, or turn to cannibalism and banditry to survive. She came to despise the state of the world, as well as the people who exacerbated its condition rather than attempting to improve it. She realised the town was doomed and wandered off into the bleak, barren landscape. She met a lot of survivors, some hostile and some not. Most she ignored, some she decided to kill for the greater good. Eventually she decided to become a hunter of sorts, rooting out those she saw as predators who contributed very little to the world. She didn’t go after bandits and robbers - those people could become better, and had relatively understandable motivations - she went after intelligent anomalies and high ranking figures such as the heads of terrorist organisations, the leaders of tyrannical governments, abnormalities that served no purpose other than to cause humans harm, et cetera. For example, she’d find a sentient ghost ship which did nothing other than imprison souls within its hull to squirm and suffer in a hellish state for eternity, and she’d free those people before turning the ship into a maid. It makes sense in context, I swear. She eventually moved to Lludw Cigfrain to root out all the senselessly violent anomalies that she could there, and that’s when she met Felicity. Now the two of them are nominal allies, both motivated by a desire to see the world become bettter.

Statistics:

Attack Potency: Human | Varies from subhuman level (to an uninfected person) to physically infinite (for a full infectee)
Destructive Capacity: Human | N/A
Lifting Strength: Human | N/A
Speed: Human | The speed of light
Stamina: Human | N/A
Durability: Human | N/A
Range: Melee | Depends on the strength of the lightsource. A candle’s range might only be a few metres while a bonfire may be able to exert its influence several hundred metres away.
Intelligence: Exceptionally high. Winter is a thaumatological savant and is one of the smartest, most competent humans ever to have been born. She also possesses a bachelor’s degree in studio arts.

Key: Winter | Pink
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:43 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:---

Accepted

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:27 pm

So with this, do we have to pick a faction to be in before we make an application or how does this work?
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Stattr wrote:So with this, do we have to pick a faction to be in before we make an application or how does this work?

You’re free to apply for any faction or character you desire. Alternatively, if you like, you could join a preexisting faction (feel free to ask about the factions currently in play- I’ll do my best to explain em). There are a couple of arcs running at the moment, so do pick one that suits your fancy.

Once you’ve got an app up, the RP mods will send you a link to the discord chat.
Last edited by Nagakawa on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Nagakawa wrote:
Stattr wrote:So with this, do we have to pick a faction to be in before we make an application or how does this work?

You’re free to apply for any faction or character you desire. Alternatively, if you like, you could join a preexisting faction (feel free to ask about the factions currently in play- I’ll do my best to explain em). There are a couple of arcs running at the moment, so do pick one that suits your fancy.

Once you’ve got an app up, the RP mods will send you a link to the discord chat.

Ooooo I like this, it's also a discord thing? This is amazing. I feel like this whole thing upgraded while I was gone haha. Alright, thank you. I'll have to look over the arcs and such.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse