NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Open) (OOC 2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Turkducken's apps are both accepted, good to have ya! Do you want to join our discord?
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Fri May 17, 2019 2:36 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Turkducken's apps are both accepted, good to have ya! Do you want to join our discord?

Please!
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

The New Fallen Jedi
Secretary

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Fallen Jedi » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Name: Kazuko Masaki
Universe of Origin: Masakiverse (Original Universe)
Age: Roughly 2,400 Years Old (Older than his brother Asumar by only a few minutes)
Species: Ethereal (Architect-Human Hybrid)
Appearance: This

Powers & Abilities:
  • Type II Demigod/Hybrid Physiology: Like his younger brother before him, Kazuko is the first child of Spera The Lightbringer, Kazuko is considered one of the mightiest beings sired in the Aquila Galaxy. In addition to his unique connection with The Nexus, Kazuko is also granted traits that are nearly indistinguishable from the Architects, including but not limited to: Supernatural Condition, Decelerated Aging.
    • Regenerative Healing Factor: In addition to the abilities stated above, Kazuko possesses a regenerative healing factor unheard of within the Aquila Galaxy, allowing him to quickly recover from small arms fire and regenerate any damage done to his internal organs. At its nth degree, should Kazuko lose a limb and recover it before decomposition begins to set in, his body attaches it with next to no problem, barring some medical attention being done.
  • The Nexus - Power of The Flame Eternal: Like his father before him, Kazuko has inherited the ability to manipulate the power of light itself for not only defensive and offensive purposes, but also supplementary purposes such as summoning beings composed of light and even healing others around him.
    • Summoning - Avatar of The Lightbringer: Known in legend as the herald of the Lightbearer's will, the Avatar of The Lightbringer is an immensely powerful being that can be called upon by those who control the Power of The Flame Eternal. This being alone has the ability to alter its size to that of an AT-AT, able to use its light tendrils to attack the opponent at long ranges and able to fire down bolts and a beam of condensed light energy to inflict damage upon its opponent. At it's maximum power this being has the potency to obliterate an entire town before dissipating.

Weaknesses:
  • Like his brother before him, Kazuko is by no means immortal as the destruction of the brain or crushing of his heart is capable of instantaneously killing him with no questions. His regenerative capabilities have limitations as well, being unable to regenerate him should he be vaporized on the cellular level.
  • The ability to summon the being known as the Avatar of The Lightbringer does not come without its consequences as Kazuko is forced to remain perfectly still and focus almost all of his concentration in maintaining the being, this entails being in close range to the Avatar as well as remaining perfectly still. He can, however, mount the being should it increase its size.

Attack Potency: Normally 9-B, High 8-C with standard powers, 7-C at maximum capacity
Speed: Supernatural on Foot, Subsonic when using Flight-based Constructs
Lifting Strength: Normally Superhuman Level, Class K with his Light Constructs
Striking Strength: Street Class (Capable of breaking bones with ease), Building Class w/ Constructs of Light, City Block Class w/ High-Level Constructs & Avatar of The Lightbringer
Durability: Building Level (Physically, with no defenses), Large Building Level (With Defenses Active), City Block Level (With High Level Constructs/Avatar of The Lightbringer)
Stamina: Supernatural
Range: Standard melee range with Fists, Extended Melee Range with Weapons, Tens of Meters to Hundreds of Meters (Varies with each version of his Constructs), 1 KM with Lightbringer's Shockwave)

Intelligence: While not as tactically capable as his brother Asumar, Kazuko is by no means less intelligent than him as he has demonstrated the ability to be exceedingly capable at diplomacy as well as being charismatic to those around him. In terms of battle analysis, however, Kazuko can be considered on par with his brother Asumar in this regard.

Equipment on Hand: Kazuko's Nexus Blade, Command & Communication Gauntlet, 4x Nanite Injectors (Miniature First Aid Kits), Emergency Fleet Beacon

Brief Bio/History*: - It would be way too long to properly break down into a few sentences, I'll go in depth with his history in the Rp -

Brief Personality Description*: While hardened by the nature of the Aquila Galaxy's state during the Age of Barbarism, Kazuko is what can be defined as a Pragmatic Optimist, attempting to find light in a situation that would usually be considered dark but also understanding that things can quickly go awry if not handled correctly. To this end, Kazuko is a benevolent ruler who strives to maintain a state of peace within the Aquila Galaxy, even being willing to allow his own subjects to maintain their national identity and heritage. Like his brother, Kazuko is staunchly against slavery of other races and people, this also means that should he be forced to fight to enforce his beliefs he will do so without question.

Like Asumar, Kazuko cares greatly for those around him and strives to protect them from danger whenever possible. However, as demonstrated by his willingness to maintain the hierarchy of the Dynasty's infrastructure Kazuko is willing to fight those he cares to maintain the stability of the Galaxy, but will express great reluctance to do so. Should all chips be down and the very fate of his subordinates, allies, and friends be threatened by anyone, Kazuko will without a doubt stand up and fight with all of his might, even at an extent be willing to kill should these individuals or forces be unwilling to back down.

*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by The New Fallen Jedi on Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Formerly known as the edgy cringelord that was The Fallen Jedi. Now known by this account and my puppet Kiez.
Currently a caretaker and Twitch Streamer with 1000+ followers!

PM me if ya want to talk one-on-one!

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 pm

The New Fallen Jedi's app is accepted!
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sat May 18, 2019 11:03 am

I am very interested and would like to join this, but I don't know if my device would make it easy. I don't even know if I can quote people in the forums, since I can't in the RMB.
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 pm

The Japanese Americans wrote:I am very interested and would like to join this, but I don't know if my device would make it easy. I don't even know if I can quote people in the forums, since I can't in the RMB.

What type of device do you use? I've used phones, tablets, and computers, and I've been able to post fairly easily with all three, although computers are definitely faster and more convenient.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 4:44 am

Rostavykhan wrote:
The Japanese Americans wrote:I am very interested and would like to join this, but I don't know if my device would make it easy. I don't even know if I can quote people in the forums, since I can't in the RMB.

What type of device do you use? I've used phones, tablets, and computers, and I've been able to post fairly easily with all three, although computers are definitely faster and more convenient.

I am currently using a 3DS. I feel shame admitting it but it's what I currently have to make do with. At least I can quote in the forums.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Sun May 19, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 am

The Japanese Americans wrote:
Rostavykhan wrote:

I am currently using a 3DS. I feel shame admitting it but it's what I currently have to make do with. At least I can quote in the forums.

How long do you think your posts will be? If you can do about a paragraph or so per post, you should be fine. Some of us have long posts, but that doesn't mean shorter posts are banned or anything.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 am

The Palmetto wrote:

How long do you think your posts will be? If you can do about a paragraph or so per post, you should be fine. Some of us have long posts, but that doesn't mean shorter posts are banned or anything.

I can manage that. The main thing hindered will be speed in response. I have to tap everything out. I've gotten slightly good at it, though.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 am

The Palmetto wrote:

I can manage that. The main thing hindered will be speed in response. I have to tap everything out. I've gotten slightly good at it, though.

Oh, that's fine! A lot of people here may take days to respond to a post, even if they have relatively short posts. There's no time pressure, I can assure you.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 5:52 am

The Palmetto wrote:

Oh, that's fine! A lot of people here may take days to respond to a post, even if they have relatively short posts. There's no time pressure, I can assure you.

Okay. I should start on filling out the Character Application.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 6:04 am

[spoiler=Open Arcs

Shadows of the Empire (SotE): an arc set in an alternate Star Wars universe. Most of the RP's factions are involved in this arc, and it has by far the most players in it. It's a fight against The First Order, largely led by a coalition of factions consisting of The New Republic, AEGIS (an SCP Foundation expy) and Corneria (an interdimensional policing and exploration force). Most of the characters are currently on Coruscant helping clean up a recent terror attack orchestrated by the First Order, but there are several other battles occurring in many different universes and parts of the galaxy. It's a fairly action-heavy arc, if that's your sort of thing.

L-Fel: This arc takes place on a version of Earth where a group known as L-Fel Labs tests genetic weapons and supersoldier serums on civilian populations. It's an interdimensional investigation arc with fairly low commitment, in case you don't think you can post too often, and it's mostly a small-scale, street-brawl scale arc. For the most part it'll be conversation, exploration and investigation.

Dead Man's Party: coming off the events of another arc, The Third Wizarding War, a bunch of characters ended up in a hotel while trying to clean up after a massive battle in London. However, pretty much as soon as they got there, the hotel was whisked away and placed in an extradimensional location where seven predators known as the "Sins" hunt down the occupants of the hotel. It's a mix of intrigue, combat and dialogue with an emphasis on keeping the characters contained within the location, with a slow (or rapid) devolution into weird territory. At the moment the characters' abilities are being suppressed, so any overwhelmingly powerful superpowers will be disabled for a little while.[/spoiler]

Some of the arcs, courtesy of Menschenfleisch

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 am

We really should have a arc description post thing....
Of course it's updated when new arcs start/are apped for/end....
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 8:19 am

Name: Lee
Universe of Origin: OC
Species: Human
Appearance: Standing at 6'0", Lee is evidently a male human. He has a swimmer's build. He is light skinned, with short, aqua blue hair and piercing sky blue eyes that show a great intellgence. He has a shaved, slightly boyish face with a pronounced, round chin. He wears a clean white cloak with many unknown symbols on it. Under the cloak, he wears a light blue T-shirt with many stuffed pockets on it. He wears dark jeans that also has many stuffed pockets.

Powers & Abilities:
Health Points: His home universe had the unique quirk of having scientific laws close to that of an RPG. This means he is basically a game character. He cannot be wounded. For example, if something tries to cut or bite his hand off, the hand stays there and he only loses some HP. If a hit lands on his head or where a vital organ would be (excluding veins and arteries), it will be a critical hit. He'll suffer a negative Effect called Confusion if he is hit in the head hard enough. He can recover HP naturally over time, drink a health potion, or use a Skill.

Mana (or Magic) Points: MP is fuel for Skills. He can recover MP naturally, augmented to recover faster with items, or drink a mana potion.

Skills: Skills can be defined as skills or spells. An example of the skill variety of Skills is Hard Hit. It does exactly what you think it does. Turn regular hits into hard hits. An example of the spell variety of Skills is Mana Arrow. It is literally an arrow made out of condensed Mana. Skills can level up. Meaning that they become more powerful the more he uses them. But say he has two Skills. One is Level Ten while the other is Level Fifty. It'll be faster to level up the first one than the Level Fifty.

Level Ups and Stats: Whenever he gets enough EXP, he levels up. He gets around 5-9 points to spend on increasing his Stats. He has Power (rate of recovering HP), Strength (Amount of total HP/obvious), Luck (obvious), Intelligence (Amount of total MP/Increased memorization), and Wisdom (rate of recovering MP/obvious).

General Things: To use any Skills or Commands (not command codes) he has to say it out loud. Whenever he wants to use Hard Hit, he has to say it out loud. Same with the Minimap. There's also a Party function as well as Voice Chat. He has an Inventory that is 6x25 spaces big. Each space can hold an item. Can stack up to 99 of each item.

Weaknesses: Own personality/overconfidence. Unused to how other universes work. Definitely not used to bodies not poofing into loot.
Attack Potency: Small Building with current Skills
Speed: Superhuman/active Skills
Lifting Strength: Athlectic Human/active Skills
Striking Strength: Human Class/linked to active Skills
Durability: Below Average/active Skills

Stamina: Infinite for running/linked to MP for Skills

Range: 3 feet with swords, 15 feet with grenades, depends on how much Mana is in the spell

Intelligence: Genius when aware of surroundings, Dumb when not

Equipment on Hand: Hunter's Cloak: A white cloak that deflects most sword attacks and offers rudimentary bullet protection. Useless against lasers. Mends itself over time. Can be used as a parachute.

Twin Katanas of Slicing and Dicing: This set of katanas can slice and dice through most soft materials and even through soft metals, like copper and gold.

Grenades x30: 30 grenades. From flashbangs to shrapnel grenades.

Small Health Potion x10: 10 health potions that recover 30 HP each.

Small Mana Potions x10: Same as Small Health Potions, but for Mana.

(Note that this does not include anything in his Inventory)

Brief Bio/History*: He was born on December 16, 2003 P.C. (Post Creation). He went through the first twelve years of life without much trauma. Then his parents got divorced when he was thirteen. He stayed with his mother. His depression started at 14. He learned his father cheated on his mother pre-divorce when he was 15. After getting through high school with high grades, he got into college. After his second year he learned his mother and father had died in a kobold raid. They had gotten too old to defend themselves easily. He quit college and donned his father's old Hunter gear. He set out to get revenge against the Monster hordes.

Brief Personality Description*: He can be reserved, cold, and aware to rambling, jovial, and ignorant of his surroundings in a heartbeat. He believes he has some kind of depression that makes him like this. That, and his autism combined with slight insanity.

I ran out of room. Had to delete some.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 am

I gotta say, for an app written on a 3DS, that’s a nicely written application. Good job! It’s mostly fine I’d reckon but there’s two points I’d like to bring up.

1.) Him not being able to lose body parts or anything in combat is a tad odd, but we have weirder abilities, so the HP thing should be fine. So long as he can die from attacks that would be fatal, there is no issue.

2.) The level up thing is my main concern. Is there a cap to how much he can level up? We’re fine with powerful characters so long as they have described limits, I just wanna make sure that he can’t become a multiversal diety by killing enough pigs. My last bit on this would be that VTTM is a writing experience, not necessarily an RPG. Your character growing more powerful over time is fine, but the OOC goal is to have a good time and tell a story, not become more powerful.

My apologies if I sounded harsh, or glossed over anything in your app.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 am

The Palmetto wrote:I gotta say, for an app written on a 3DS, that’s a nicely written application. Good job! It’s mostly fine I’d reckon but there’s two points I’d like to bring up.

1.) Him not being able to lose body parts or anything in combat is a tad odd, but we have weirder abilities, so the HP thing should be fine. So long as he can die from attacks that would be fatal, there is no issue.

2.) The level up thing is my main concern. Is there a cap to how much he can level up? We’re fine with powerful characters so long as they have described limits, I just wanna make sure that he can’t become a multiversal diety by killing enough pigs. My last bit on this would be that VTTM is a writing experience, not necessarily an RPG. Your character growing more powerful over time is fine, but the OOC goal is to have a good time and tell a story, not become more powerful.

My apologies if I sounded harsh, or glossed over anything in your app.

I did mention in it that the higher level a Skill is, the longer it takes to level up. I guess I forgot to mention that it also applies to regular level up. So farming the same thing over and over again is not effective. And the level cap is 125. Currently, he's level 8. So there's a long way to go before he's able to fly, much less teleport across a planet. But I must point out that I said that hits to vital points become critical hits, dealing twice the damage. I also made his Durability Below Average, so things do more damage to him. So they can be fatal. If an attack is fatal because of blood loss, it'll just hurt him.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am

Ahh alright, that all sounds good to me. accepted

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 am

The Palmetto wrote:Ahh alright, that all sounds good to me. accepted

Hooray! ...what do I do now?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 am

Well, after about five years of re-education in the gulag, you should be free to join. If you survive, that is.

All jokes aside, look at the arcs I posted and see if any catch your eye. If they do, say so, and the person in charge can talk to you about entering the arc.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 am

Definitely interested in SotE. It seems like the best fit for Lee, and he at least can't spam the Skill Observation to deal with investigations easily like in L-Fel.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sun May 19, 2019 10:41 am

Oh! Fuck, I keep forgetting! Still need to see if/when Char!Torii can be dropped into L-Fel, since I've been lazing about the last week and procrastinating.

Rostavykhan wrote:

oof. That does sound a little awkward to handle.

I totally forgot the 3DS had a browser...I should get a new one some day, maybe...
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:Oh! Fuck, I keep forgetting! Still need to see if/when Char!Torii can be dropped into L-Fel, since I've been lazing about the last week and procrastinating.

I totally forgot the 3DS had a browser...I should get a new one some day, maybe...

I would not personally recommend it. Deal with it a few days, and you'll see. I don't know how it is on the New 3DS, since I have a regular 3DS. It might be the same, it might be better. You can decide for yourself if you want to see.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:Oh! Fuck, I keep forgetting! Still need to see if/when Char!Torii can be dropped into L-Fel, since I've been lazing about the last week and procrastinating.

I would not personally recommend it. Deal with it a few days, and you'll see. I don't know how it is on the New 3DS, since I have a regular 3DS. It might be the same, it might be better. You can decide for yourself if you want to see.

3DS... I didn't know you can be on NS in a 3DS. Fascinating. Right now in SOTE Coruscant got hit by a terrorist attack but most of the terrorists have been dealt with. You can be in either on the planet for someone to be on or in one of the space ships on orbit.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Naval Monte wrote:

3DS... I didn't know you can be on NS in a 3DS. Fascinating. Right now in SOTE Coruscant got hit by a terrorist attack but most of the terrorists have been dealt with. You can be in either on the planet for someone to be on or in one of the space ships on orbit.

I'd say the planet would be best for him to be on. Two questions. First off, where's the arc? Second, when people or things travel between universes, is it through a rip/hole in reality or do they just pop in? The second one is for a slightly comedic purpose.
Last edited by The Japanese Americans on Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 pm

Arc Name:
Scourge of my People

Moderator:
Nagakawa

Genre:
Sci-fi, Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Political

Summary:
Twenty years after the conclusion of the Great Sino-Japanese War, the sinister IGSE has crushed both the Grand Alliance and its arch nemesis, the cult group known as the Chimaera.

Yakuza boss Yotsuha Ikegami, a former member of the Grand Alliance who lost her family to the IGSE’s conquests decades ago, has set up a base in the nigh impenetrable Dimension 50, gathering the remnants of the Grand Alliance and others who seek to resist the IGSE’s rule. Her latest counterattack plan: to assassinate Nu, the Chief Secretary of the IGSE.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse