NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Open) (OOC 2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Rannoria wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:
Added a list to the OP, under the Ongoing Arcs and Characters Guide.

Many thanks.

Both Dead Man's Party and L-Fel look nice to join. Torii and GetSnekt, what do you guys say?

Hi Ran
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Many thanks.

Both Dead Man's Party and L-Fel look nice to join. Torii and GetSnekt, what do you guys say?

TBH I'm not too sure right now how to fit a new character in, what with everything going on in the arc. That, and I'm trying to wrap it up relatively soon anyways. That said, if you really, really do want to join, and Tia/Sky are both fine with it, I'm not against working out something. Again, my main concern is just that I don't know how someone new would fit in halfway into the story, or how you'd feel if it reached its climax soon. It might not be impossible to do, however; we did try to do that recently with another player, anyways.

Just kind of a weird spot at the moment, and since I'm not experienced with DM'ing stuff, I wouldn't know how to rope in new players that well. Would also be a bit strange, what with the current setting of DMP. I might have one explanation for why someone would suddenly appear in the arc, however, thanks to one of my character's current items.

Nah then I'm fine then, since I don't really want to cause too much fuss just to get into the RP. I'll wait for the L-Fel mod to answer, but if that doesn't go through either, then I'm free to do whatever. Either that or I don't mind waiting for The Palmetto's planned adventure thing arc, which sounds pretty neat since i wanna roll with my old ATLA characters.

Skylus wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Many thanks.

Hi Ran

hej
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:39 am

Actually, nevermind, if Tia's fine with it, and you want to try and work out some way for a character to have appeared in DMP, I might be willing to chat it out. If you don't, then more power to you. Whatever works, lol.

I just had a great idea, and now I want to make it happen. I've been too soft with the villains to far. Boooring. Three sins left, time to get fucking wild.

stabstabstabstabstabstabstabstabstabstabstabstabstab
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 am

Rostavykhan wrote:Actually, nevermind, if Tia's fine with it, and you want to try and work out some way for a character to have appeared in DMP, I might be willing to chat it out. If you don't, then more power to you. Whatever works, lol.

I just had a great idea, and now I want to make it happen. I've been too soft with the villains to far. Boooring. Three sins left, time to get fucking wild.

oh joooyyyyy.....
This is gonna be fun.
:twisted:
Last edited by Skylus on Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:Actually, nevermind, if Tia's fine with it, and you want to try and work out some way for a character to have appeared in DMP, I might be willing to chat it out. If you don't, then more power to you. Whatever works, lol.

that would be wery nais.

But yeah as mentioned, I plan to roleplay with my Avatar characters. I'm still gonna rewrite the app, or maybe I'll even make a new character for this arc if you feel ATLA characters don't work, but ultimately i do want to roleplay with avatar characters because elements r cool. What do we really have to discuss, though, since I'm not really caught up on the arc's story.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Rannoria wrote:

that would be wery nais.

But yeah as mentioned, I plan to roleplay with my Avatar characters. I'm still gonna rewrite the app, or maybe I'll even make a new character for this arc if you feel ATLA characters don't work, but ultimately i do want to roleplay with avatar characters because elements r cool. What do we really have to discuss, though, since I'm not really caught up on the arc's story.

Well, currently, most powers are off the table due to some IC fuckery by the main villains. However, as some of the villains are dying, their little curse is being weakened bit by bit. When it shatters, everyone will have their powers back, but currently Miria, one of the player characters involved, is attempting to stop that, because breaking their restraints will also kill another character unless they find a way to make her independent from the curse.

Katya, one of my characters, led a group of others to a high-class hotel, promising luxury and leisure, though in reality she was on a mission to investigate a reportedly "haunted" and dangerous location where others had previously disappeared. Realizing that she, as a mundane human, was probably not going to be able to survive alone, she lied, and led everyone into the trap, hoping to use them to put an end to the villains, who are a group of seven other Humans with unique powers, which they've used to encompass the area in their own pocket dimension, so that they can kill and feed on the residents to keep themselves youthful.

Currently, two villains have been apprehended, and one killed when PC's encountered them and Katya purposely ignited a gas explosion. Two more have just been apprehended in a surprise attack. The death on one of those two, on top of the earlier death of one, has weakened the barrier around the hotel, and the injuries of another aren't helping. Mnemosyne, a "ghost" made physical by the barrier, is in danger of dying unless she can somehow be bound to the physical world before the villains are defeated. One villain has struck a deal with Miria, another of my characters, who set him loose on the condition that he help save Mnem from dying. While he works to save her, Miria has run off to try and stop her friends.

Also, now with five of the seven baddies taken care of, the last two are ready to come out of hiding. The others were soft or unprepared, but one of the last two is a bit unhinged, and intends to set everything right again, and she's definitely going to enjoy doing so. Now it seems to be a conflict between several PC's wanting to kill or subdue the remaining villains and save the day, Miria wanting to stop them to save Mnem (even if it means going rogue), and the last main baddie coming out of the shadows to kill them all while the chance is still there.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:
Rannoria wrote:that would be wery nais.

Well, currently, most powers are off the table due to some IC fuckery by the main villains. However, as some of the villains are dying, their little curse is being weakened bit by bit. When it shatters, everyone will have their powers back, but currently Miria, one of the player characters involved, is attempting to stop that, because breaking their restraints will also kill another character unless they find a way to make her independent from the curse.

Katya, one of my characters, led a group of others to a high-class hotel, promising luxury and leisure, though in reality she was on a mission to investigate a reportedly "haunted" and dangerous location where others had previously disappeared. Realizing that she, as a mundane human, was probably not going to be able to survive alone, she lied, and led everyone into the trap, hoping to use them to put an end to the villains, who are a group of seven other Humans with unique powers, which they've used to encompass the area in their own pocket dimension, so that they can kill and feed on the residents to keep themselves youthful.

Currently, two villains have been apprehended, and one killed when PC's encountered them and Katya purposely ignited a gas explosion. Two more have just been apprehended in a surprise attack. The death on one of those two, on top of the earlier death of one, has weakened the barrier around the hotel, and the injuries of another aren't helping. Mnemosyne, a "ghost" made physical by the barrier, is in danger of dying unless she can somehow be bound to the physical world before the villains are defeated. One villain has struck a deal with Miria, another of my characters, who set him loose on the condition that he help save Mnem from dying. While he works to save her, Miria has run off to try and stop her friends.

Also, now with five of the seven baddies taken care of, the last two are ready to come out of hiding. The others were soft or unprepared, but one of the last two is a bit unhinged, and intends to set everything right again, and she's definitely going to enjoy doing so. Now it seems to be a conflict between several PC's wanting to kill or subdue the remaining villains and save the day, Miria wanting to stop them to save Mnem (even if it means going rogue), and the last main baddie coming out of the shadows to kill them all while the chance is still there.

interesting. sounds like good fun

But uhhh how can my characters fit into the story, or should i try to go through the IC?

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Rannoria wrote:
Rostavykhan wrote:

interesting. sounds like good fun

But uhhh how can my characters fit into the story, or should i try to go through the IC?

Join the discord and people can help you out. TG Jax any of the OP/ Co ops for the discord link

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Rannoria wrote:interesting. sounds like good fun

That was what was bothering me - how a new character could fit into the scene, especially with it being in a pretty isolated space.

One of the villains to died did so recently, and it was explained IC that their sudden demise caused their little pocket dimension to destabilize temporarily. Could use that as justification for a character to suddenly pop up there, if they were rifted or dropped in via some other means.

It would also give me the villain more motivation to act quickly, before they get teamed up on too bad...or maybe take advantage of the confusion and chaos.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 am

Rostavykhan wrote:
Rannoria wrote:interesting. sounds like good fun

That was what was bothering me - how a new character could fit into the scene, especially with it being in a pretty isolated space.

One of the villains to died did so recently, and it was explained IC that their sudden demise caused their little pocket dimension to destabilize temporarily. Could use that as justification for a character to suddenly pop up there, if they were rifted or dropped in via some other means.

It would also give me the villain more motivation to act quickly, before they get teamed up on too bad...or maybe take advantage of the confusion and chaos.

Well then, that sounds like it works. What Skylus, said, though, is that maybe we could talk more on the discord since things seem to happen a lot faster there

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:24 am

General Information | Minerva

Name: Minerva Skye
Species: Malkite
Appearance: Skye has a mop of blonde-white hair, green eyes and lighter skin. She is 177cm tall, extremely athletic and weighs 277kg.
Character Type: OC
Sex: Female
Skills:
  • Expert Serial Murderer: Skye is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant and is extraordinarily precise while in combat. She can deflect or even reflect bullets, catch fast moving projectiles, dodge howitzer shells, and move fast enough to ‘avoid’ explosions by simply stepping around the shrapnel, or parting it with the air currents that her movements generate. She is especially good at rendering fatal damage to her enemies, focusing not on incapacitating them or defending herself but instead killing her attackers as quickly and as efficiently as possible. She is also an excellent freerunner, climber and sprinter.
  • Can Drive a Car: Do I need to explain this ability?
  • Survivalist: Skye is capable of creating complex traps, tracking animals, examining wild flora and just generally surviving independent of a civilization or a supporting network. She is an able swimmer, though her density makes it very difficult to stay afloat. Generally, rather than swimming, she just walks along the ocean floor.
Equipment:
  • Axe: An axe composed of a mineral known as ‘Kalindine’, a sturdy metal with the odd property that when it is immersed in water, crystals of kalindine begin to form on its surface. As such, it must be regularly sharpened and cleaned up in moist environments. However, this also means that if it were to be shattered, all Skye would need to do is wet the edges with some water and stick them together for a while, after which they’d merge seamlessly. The axe’s head has no blunt edges, and has a triangular edge on the back.
  • Sword: As with all edgy anime protagonists, Skye carries a long straight telescopic blade with her. The weapon is made up of a material known as “Aranite”, a shock-resistant memory metal which rapidly repairs damage dealt to itself and which, rather than shattering under pressure, deforms like a thick liquid. This is one of her concealed weapons, and she tends to keep it folded up and disguised as an unopened strip of chewing gum.
Powers and Abilities:

Biological Enhancements:
  • Skin and Senses: Skye’s ‘skin’ is actually composed of thousands of folded scales which she can raise like cats’ hairs at any time, essentially creating massive skin frills. These scales/frills are composed of rigid chitin and extremely sharp. She can also migrate these scales around her body in order to seal up wounds and form protrusions. Her ‘eyes’ are also actually composed of dozens of ocular ‘packets’, meaning that she can look at upwards of 70 objects simultaneously. These ocular packets can be squeezed out of her eye, either through her squinting intensely or pulling them out by hand. They can regrow, and have their own independent eyelids and irises. She generally converges these packets near the center of her eye sockets in order to create the illusion that she has only two irises and pupils. Skye can also flood her body with blood, coagulants, stimulants and immune cells. Upon doing this, her skin adopts a mottled red/black texture. By waving her scales, she can generate an extremely loud (>120 decibel) chittering noise. When her scales are damaged, new scales sprout beneath the old ones and begin to push them out of the way. The scales themselves are not biodegradable, and cannot be destroyed by fire. Collectively, these scales are known as her ‘macrodermis’.
  • Internal Systems: Skye’s immune system is extremely hardy, and can repel most pathogens with little to no trouble. She can drink Ebola cultures, swim in filth, briefly withstand an incel’s presence, et cetera. Her regenerative abilities are also second to none, allowing her to reattach small appendages like fingers just by mashing them onto the end of her stumps. She can also reattach entire limbs, although she can take several minutes to regain full mobility. Typically, she will forego stitching up her wounds and instead reorganise her macrodermis in such a way that her scales latch onto the limb, keeping it in place while her body heals. She can survive extreme organ damage, sustained electrocution and breathe in environs with fewer than 2 milligrams of O2 per litre (compared to ocean water’s 8 milligrams per litre). However, she cannot recover from decapitation or the removal of major organ groups without outside intervention. Her brain can recover from extensive trauma, rendering her immune to neurodegenerative diseases and brain damage, but it cannot restore memories or skills with 100% fidelity. The most reliable way of killing her off would be to pry off her macrodermis and immolate her body. Skye’s mental faculties are split up between several nerve bundles throughout her body. Instinctive, reactionary and rote motions are controlled by cloisters of nervous tissue bundled around and within major muscle groups, meaning that she has to dedicate far less thought to her actions while performing intricate or complex tasks. As a result of so many of her neural functions having been delegated, her brain is almost entirely dedicated to information processing and retention, allowing her to be host to an unprecedented breadth of knowledge, and to excel in all forms of thinking. Important skills, memories and ideas are preserved in backup nodes in her shoulders and at the base of her spine.
  • Exotic Physiology: Skye does not follow any of the regular laws of life. Her genetic makeup is not formed from DNA but instead sixteen different, exotic nucleotides, three of which are common to DNA: adenine, guanine and thymine. Thus, most universes’ gene mod technologies do not have their intended effect upon Skye’s body. Furthermore, due to the excessive complexity of her genes, Skye is extremely susceptible to short term mutations. Her body maintains a central codex, however, in place of its reproductive organs which allow it to maintain a genetic baseline. This short-term genetic volatility has essentially no effect on Skye’s health as a whole, though it grants her limited resistance to radioactive hazards. Skye’s internal systems are completely sterile. Her digestive system is not reliant on a microbiome, and her immune system systematically obliterates all foreign agents. Her blood is highly acidic, allowing it to break down most objects which lodge themselves inside her body. Her body’s sweat contains the resultant solution formed from her blood and dissolved foreign agents. Skye can go for hours without breathing, as her blood is kept supersaturated with oxygen, and is far more efficient in carrying oxygen than human blood. Skye’s immune system can remain active even outside of her body, meaning that her blood is not only caustic but also extremely toxic, as well as physically dangerous in the same way that nanites pose a non-microbial threat to human life. If she were to spill her blood on a living animal, the cells in her blood would break the animal down from the inside out, tearing it apart at the molecular level and using it to manufacture more immune cells. If someone gets some of her blood on their skin, they are unlikely to die. However, their skin will begin to necrotize and will be covered in extremely painful ulcers which can often expand for months, effectively skinning the victim. If someone gets a significant quantity of blood (>5 ml) injected into a major muscle group, vein or artery, they will almost certainly die. Their organs will turn to slurry and their skin will dissolve. The process typically takes around twenty seconds to complete, depending on how much blood the infectee received. The resultant mixture is sterile, odorless and extremely nutritious. It would be inadvisable to drink it, however, since Skye’s immune cells would still be present within it. Strangely, drinking her blood is mostly safe. Human stomach acid is usually enough to prevent infestation.
  • Mobility: Skye, as mentioned before, is inhumanely agile and mobile. Her joints can turn in any direction, and her spatial awareness is second to none. In addition to these mostly mundane enhancements however, she also has the ability to grow sharp ‘wings’ formed from macrodermal scales. These wings are typically bright white, and serve less like actual wings and more like limbs. They are formed from damaged, defunct or aging scales, and do not provide Skye the ability to fly. They do, however, grant her a suite of offensive and defensive options in combat. Because of the wings’ composition, they are extremely effective bludgeoning weapons. They are also covered in sharp edges and are fairly dexterous, meaning that they can entangle and rip apart humans with relative ease. She generally uses them like shields, holding them over her head such that they serve as cover from aerial bombardment and debris. By undulating the scales on her body, Skye can also cut lacerate and destroy objects close to herself, giving her the ability to seemingly walk through walls (leaving a human shaped hole in them).
  • Saprophyte Formation: Kalmite body parts, when separated from the brain, tend to live on. However, without the full genetic codex to work with (since Kalmites literally have an organ known as the 'codex' which contains their entire genetic code) they are (deliberately, from an evolutionary standpoint) unable to regenerate into fully grown Kalmites. Instead, they form saprophyte colonies. Saprophytes are basically plants made out of Kalmite tissue. Their shapes, appearances and food sources vary depending on what body parts them stem from. C-D cells are usually involved when a saprophyte forms, but they are not strictly necessary. In fact, saprophytes may be spawned from structures as simple as a pool of blood or a severed digit. They are often large, shapeless masses of meat and bone which cling to nearby surfaces, growing like mosses and forming roots with which they bore through the ground in search of nutrients. They may also grow branches and rudimentary sensory organs like eyes, ears and appendages loaded with nerves. Early-stage saprophytes are typically not dangerous, and may even be useful: they are good sources of Kalmite biomaterial and may yield clusters of nervous tissues shaped like fruit which, when eaten by a Kalmite, grants that Kalmite all the information gathered by that saprophyte colony since its inception. Mid-stage saprophytes begin to grow defensive ornaments like macrodermal scales, mouths, teeth and limbs. They may also begin to mass-manufacture immune cells, which they will disperse in a mist around themselves, meaning that anything that wanders too close to them will begin to dissolve or suffer from the effects of C-B poisoning. Late-stage saprophytes gain localised mobility and will conceal themselves, adopting predatory lifestyles. They will find hiding spots: cracks in walls, attics, bath drains, tree-hollows, buckets, drains, molehills, lakesides, et cetera and will wait for large animals to pass by whereupon they will leap upon said animals and incapacitate them through a mixture of blunt force trauma and the application of C-B rich fluids, after which they will preserve them and consume them over several days. Left unchecked, saprophyte colonies may grow to the size of adult men, or even larger. Saprophyte colonies have limited lifespans, however, and typically die after only a few days of late-stage activity, since they are simply unable to glean the nutrients that they need from Earth-native flora and fauna.
Specific Biological Components:
  • Component A: Serves as blood plasma. Extremely toxic to non-Kalmites. Symptoms include paralysis of voluntary muscle groups, seizures, spasms, excruciating pain and massive bodily cramps. LD-50 (inhaled) is 6.2ng/kg and 0.9ng/kg when injected intravenously. The substance itself does not naturally form vapours but it can be boiled or mixed with other aerosolised substances. It is also highly acidic, with a typical pH of around -32.3. It is a very potent acute and long-term carcinogen.
  • Component B: The body's equipment of macrophages. Large, malignant patrol cells which voraciously devour any foreign agents they encounter. C-B (Component B) doesn't just destroy foreign agents, however. It also processes them into useful resources. In the rare case that it encounters something the body can't use, it will instead break that object down and package it for worker cells to dispose of later. Exposure to small amount of C-B can cause the formation of ulcers which will expand indefinitely, skinning a person over the course of several hours. An example of 'minor' exposure would be coming into contact with fumes generated by burning Kalmite flesh, or by getting an insubstantially small amount of Kalmite blood on one's skin. C-B can be safely disposed of via intense heat (in excess of 600 degrees Celsius). Chemical and biological agents may prove effective, but they are typically less likely to completely eliminate the hazard. Stepping without adequate foot protection into a pool of C-B can cause someone to apparently 'fall into the puddle', dissolving so rapidly that they enter what is effectively freefall.
  • Component C1: Blood carrying worker cells. These cells manage to present themselves as being very oxygen-low even when they are carrying a great deal of it via a process of 'oxygen-poor presentation', wherein they submerge oxygen saturated tetrafluorocarbons (their equivalent of haeme) within their cores and present unsaturated ones on their surface when in the lungs, allowing them to absorb and carry oxygen extremely efficiently and rapidly. C-C1 cells, when removed from the body, respirate extremely rapidly and begin guzzling oxygen from the air in order to provide it to other non-C-C1 type cells in order to keep the severed limb or droplet of blood alive. This means that if a person were to accidentally inhale C-C1-rich fluids or gas, they would rapidly asphyxiate as the C-C1 cells would begin leeching the oxygen from the air that the person was trying to breathe in, as well as from their alveoli themselves.
  • Component C2: Carpenter worker cells. These cells process tough materials and scrap left behind by C-B cells and use them to grow bones and create new macrodermal scales. If someone is exposed to too many C2 cells, their bodies may begin to ossify. Their skin will harden and start to flake and over time they will lose mobility in that region of their body until eventually, they will effectively turn into stone.
  • Component C3: Caulking worker cells. C-C3 cells, when they encounter proteins left behind by traumatically disrupted cells (such as those near an injury site) will seek out the nearest body-to-air interface and bind together at that spot, forming a tough but flexible membrane which keeps out germs and shrapnel while keeping in blood and permitting a few immune cells. By mixing C-C3 and C-C2 cells, one may create a serum which can be sprayed and used like construction foam.
  • Component C4: Maintenance worker cells. C-C4 cells break down bodily tissues and repair them, renewing old tissues and reprocessing dead or dysfunctional cells. They are responsible for the rapid cellular improvements that Kalmites undergo throughout their lives, as well as their ability to adapt to new environments. C-C4 cells will do everything in their power to keep Kalmite cells alive. They will break down nonessential tissues in order to feed other ones and act like supervisors at the behest of C-D cells, budgeting the body's resources.
  • Component D: Directorial cells. These organisms are about as intelligent as seven year old children and receive orders through the major nervous system, which they interface with by extending probes through their host's flesh. They are essentially balls of neural tissue approximately as large as peas. They are highly flexible, light and gelatinous, and have holes through the center of their bodies so they don't constrict the bloodstream. They form networks of delicate nervous tissue throughout the body which they use as sensory organs. C-D cells' purpose is to patrol the body and make sure everything is in working order. There are up to 50 C-D cells per Kalmite, each of which patrols their own section of the body. They are dark in coloration and, when outside of the body, they rally any living cells around them to gather at their location, meaning that if a limb is cut off while a C-D cell is inside it, that C-D cell will begin issuing orders to the cells within that arm in order to keep the limb alive. C-D cells are responsible for the formation of saprophyte colonies, or simply saprophytes.
  • Component E: A substance found in Kalmite bodily tissues, especially within their spinal cords. C-E, when concentrated and injected into one of the neural cortices of a Kalmite (though this process requires extraordinary dexterity to pull off properly), will greatly - and temporarily - enhance the functionalities of that part of the brain, massively amplifying intelligence, reaction times, logic, memory formation, memory retention and more. When injected into a human brain, however, it doesn't cause any relative increase in intelligence. Rather, the human's brain will begin to perceive time as passing at a fraction of its usual pace (<0.01%). It will also afflict them with nervous hypersensitivity, amplifying all sensations, and will prevent the brain from entering a state of unconsciousness or brain death. A C-E infused brain will continue to function until it runs out of nutrients, it is destroyed by an outside source or it runs out of oxygen. However, C-E cells also act as nutrient interfaces, meaning that they absorb oxygen and nutrients from the environment around them. A 'dead' human with C-E in their brain will decay significantly faster than a normal cadaver due to the C-E cells breaking down their body in order to keep their brain alive. C-E cells are likely to mutate into C-D cells if they are left without orders for a prolonged period of time.
  • Component F: Destroyer cells meant to eliminate masses of dead or dysfunctional tissue. These cells must be keyed to attack specific types of tissue, either by C-D cells or via prolonged exposure to a certain kind of tissue. For example: if a sample of C-F was to be injected into a human's bicep, the C-F sample would begin eating the person's muscles, causing widespread atrophy and the eventual dissolution of their entire body's musculature. If it were to be injected into their spine, it would eat their entire nervous system. Small samples of C-F can be used to perform localised surgeries or lobotomies, as they do not spread perpetually; they commit suicide after a certain period of time.
  • Component G: Energy-carrying cells as thick as hairs and with lengths between 0.02mm and 37cm. C-G cell colonies form all throughout the body, coiling around major organ groups while going out of their way to stay out of the way of blood vessels and the like. C-G deposits are consumed in times of need and are typically very dense. They are essentially fibrous bundles of energy, with cells at either end which consume them and spit out usable nutrients whenever they are requested by nearby body parts. C-G deposits are several times denser than lead.
Esoteric Abilities:
  • Burning Hourglass: Skye is host to a narrativistic object which will, from here on out, be referred to as “The Spark”. The spark is directly tied to the flow of time in Skye’s home universe. Skye is capable of summoning and seeing the spark at any time, though she cannot touch it nor can anyone else see, hear, feel or interact with it. The spark may manifest in any form, though it will typically appear as a flame, hourglass or stopwatch. The closer it is to going out, the lower the flame, or the less sand in the hourglass. The spark is fuelled by ‘relevance’, which is a measure of how important someone is in a story. For example: the protagonist of a book series would contain thousands of times more relevance than a throwaway character, while the main antagonist of a game would contain far more relevance than a nameless NPC. Relevance can be harvested from someone’s corpse. Thus, Skye can fuel the spark by murdering people. Murdering heroes would obviously be extremely efficient, but it would also be very dangerous, as it would attract the attention of all the other heroes in the story. Relevance can also be manually generated by making a character relevant to the story. If Skye talks to someone at length about philosophy, their relevance to the story will skyrocket. If she prolongs someone’s death and makes it as dramatic as possible, the same effect will apply. The spark is, essentially, a measure of how much ‘story’ is left in Skye’s home universe. If her home universe runs out of ‘story’ to tell, then time will stop and its inhabitants will be frozen forever. Thus, she cannot allow the fire to go out. Historically, the spark was handed down between generations of heroes and villains. Villains would massacre villages and torture valiant people in order to keep the spark alive, while heroes would wage war upon corrupt empires and lead crusades in order to fuel the spark. Skye’s predecessor was a villain who had held onto the spark for almost 20 years, during which time she dispassionately ordered that every day, a thousand people should be brought to her. She would then inflict excessive pain upon all of them before killing them in order to maximise the relevance they could provide. However, as time went on, the spark became hungrier and hungrier, requiring greater sacrifices. Skye’s predecessor came to realise that the spark was no longer satisfied with the story that her home universe provided, and therefore, committed genocide on a global scale in the hopes that someone would rise up to kill her and take the spark from her corpse. Skye eventually defeated her, taking on the burden. With the villain’s death, the relevance that her body contained was added to the spark, granting it weeks’ worth of fuel. However, Skye soon came to the realisation that in order to keep the spark alight she would have to start murdering people en masse. Therefore, she decided to travel into other universes in the hope that they would contain enough relevance to keep the spark from going out. Individuals who have been drained of relevance are, from that point on, objectively irrelevant. Nobody will consider them important enough to talk about, meaning that if Skye were to kill and drain someone in broad daylight, nobody would care: the only person who died was an utterly unimportant nobody, after all. Irrelevant peoples' acquaintances will still remember who they were, and will be able to offer information about the person upon being prompted, but they will otherwise see the individual's past, actions and legacy as being no more noteworthy than, say, a relatively uninteresting patch of sky.
  • Burning Books: As the spark’s carrier, Skye has an exceptional degree of control over narratives. She can set literally anything on fire just by touching it, starting a narrativistic fire. This type of fire is not fuelled by chemical reactions or sustained by physical conditions, and therefore is extremely difficult to put out via conventional means. The best way to extinguish a narrativistic fire is for an individual full of relevance (a hero or a villain, for example) to try to put out the fire. If left unattended, a narrativistic fire will eventually gutter out. She can use this ability to destroy small objects such as walls, weapons and people who are irrelevant to the plot. A narrativistic fire can only be started if it is specifically targeting an object: it cannot spread from its original target to an adjacent object, nor can it start secondary fires. The spark also allows Skye to edit a person’s narrative. That sounds confusing, so let me explain: if Skye makes skin contact with someone, she can override their story with her own. However, in order to do this, her own story must be stronger than that of the person she is interacting with. So, she can’t do this to other heroes or major villains. She can do this to minor protagonists/antagonists, but the more plot relevant they are the harder it is for Skye to rewrite their stories. Thus, this technique is most effective on people who are relatively unimportant in the story; for example cannon fodder goons and random people who have nothing to do with the plot. When she edits someone’s story, she effectively rewrites their entire history. This does not change anything retroactively: it is not time travel. However, it does change the person’s individual past. Thus, it is effectively like rewriting their memories. Skye can literally create an entirely new personality for them, as well as an entirely new suite of memories. Doing so takes time and effort, however, so she usually just inserts an event into their past which convinces them to work with her or to stop fighting. From the perspective of the person whose story was edited, everything that Skye inserted into their past actually happened. From an outsider’s perspective, however, the person’s past is a complete fabrication. In absolute terms, there is no objective answer as to whether the edited person’s new memories are correct or not. Skye can only edit a person’s history, however, and cannot edit their present. Therefore, she cannot give someone new skills, powers or bodily features. She can edit their history, but not its end result.
Weaknesses:
  • Narrative Limitations: As stated before, Skye’s narrativistic abilities are far less effective on people who are as plot relevant, or more plot relevant than herself. Furthermore, irrelevant individuals can be made relevant if someone is forced to interact with them. For example, if she were to put an irrelevant person's cadaver on top of someone else's bagel, the bagel's owner would slowly come to realize that there was a corpse on their food.
  • Biological Vulnerabilities: Skye is, in spite of all her hardiness, essentially still human. Though her macrodermis is tough, it can still be chipped by gunfire, and destroyed by artillery. If a regular human were to jam the blade of a knife under her eyelids and swish it around, they could probably incapacitate her almost instantly. Her scales also provide little protection against heat, meaning that incendiary weapons are the most effective means of dispatching her.
Personality: Skye is a highly optimistic, bubbly individual. She is interested in sports, art, reading and mountain climbing. She is personable, active, and highly protective of others. She’s basically just a normal person, unlike Jacquelyn and Kyle, who reacted in a very realistic way to their respective stories - becoming violent, emotionless sociopaths. She tries to separate her murderous actions from her outward appearance. She tries her best not to think about her more questionable actions, and is genuinely dedicated to preserving her home universe.

Biography: Skye was born in Malka, a universe in which, at some point in the past, people realised that they existed within a story. They didn’t know that they were fiction, however, and came to believe that there was instead some scientific force that governed whether time flowed in their universe or not. For a time, interesting stories unfolded all across the planet. Wars were waged, Lord-of-the-Rings style plots were carried out, and massive conflicts tore apart the planet of Tuonela. Eventually, however, its inhabitants began to settle down, reasoning that because from their own perspectives they didn’t experience time when it stopped, there was no need to create interesting stories. An individual, however - the first spark carrier - revealed that if time were ever to truly stop in Malka, then it would never start again. The story would have ended, or rather, been abandoned by the authors. Therefore, in order to keep their universe running, they had to provide fuel for the spark. However, nobody wanted to listen to the individual and therefore his message went unheard. He eventually resorted to fuelling the spark himself. He kidnapped children from all across the world and raised them to be heroes, drilling them in combat techniques and adjusting their personalities so they would naturally come into conflict with one another, creating interesting stories along the way. Predictably, when his children grew up, they turned on one another as he had planned. After they slaughtered one another, he came forward to claim their bodies, draining them of relevance in order to keep time flowing. In the end, though, age claimed his life and he was forced to pass on the spark. The next holder of the spark started off as a valiant hero but was eventually driven to desperation by the fact that he had to ensure that the world kept going. Thus, he started killing huge numbers of people in order to artificially generate conflict, after which he killed himself and passed the spark on. So it went for millennia, until the present day. Skye inherited the spark from her predecessor, a villain who killed thousands of people every day in order to keep the spark from going out. In the face of the fact that the spark’s appetites had only grown over the years, she was forced to leave her home universe, realising that there simply weren’t enough people to feed the spark. She set out on a journey to find villains across the multiverse in order to vanquish them, doing good deeds while simultaneously keeping her home universe alive. Skye was born to a middle class family and her life was subtly influenced by her predecessor from day one. Her parents died in an arranged car accident, and agents of her predecessor deliberately introduced her to a rebel movement which planned to depose the current holder of the spark. Following a by-the-numbers fantasy story, Skye managed to defeat and kill her predecessor, at which point she was forced to inherit the spark. With little choice in the matter, as the battle had claimed the lives of tens of millions of people all around the world, she ventured through an interdimensional portal in search of fuel for the spark. Skye is notable as being a genetic aberration among her species. Typically, Malkites were only as strong as normal humans. However, as a result of being a highly ‘relevant’ character, Skye developed extraordinary physical (and otherwise) abilities befitting of a story’s protagonist.

Statistics:

Attack Potency: Large building level | City block level | Ignores conventional durability
Destructive Capacity: Small building level | Building level | Wall level
Lifting Strength: Class K | Class M | N/A
Speed: Supersonic+ | Hypersonic | N/A
Stamina: Superhuman | Massively superhuman | N/A
Durability: Small city block level | City block level | N/A
Reaction Times: Hypersonic | Hypersonic+ | N/A
Range: Melee | Melee | Several metres
Intelligence: Extraordinarily high. Skye has a breadth of understanding in all scientific fields and is highly skilled in survival, stealth, combat, lateral thinking and problem solving | Skye’s mind could theoretically contain the memories, skills and consciousnesses of hundreds of human brains | N/A

Key: Base | Biological Limit | Via the Burning Hourglass

General Information | Anenasya

Name: Kiara Anenasya
Species: Malkite
Appearance: Kiara is 157cm tall, weighs 53kg, has white hair and gray eyes.
Character Type: OC
Sex: Female
Skills:
  • Hunter’s Instinct: Kiara is an accomplished marksman and can reliably hit targets at very impressive distances. She’s accurate within a cone with a right-acute angle of 0.02 degrees, meaning that at a distance of 150 metres, she can hit a moving target within a circular area with a radius of five centimetres. She’s adept at hand to hand combat, preferring to use a knife, and is intimately familiar with all the inner workings of her weapons, body and mind.
  • Shinobi: Kiara is exceptionally well versed in the arts of deception, evasion and impersonation. She can reliably imitate animal calls, acquire the mannerisms of other people and stay hidden in the dark. She’s especially good at concocting substances from household objects and whatever else may be at hand, from meals to poisons to crack cocaine.
Equipment:
  • Dartgun: Kiara wields a modular weapon rather simply known as the “Dartgun”. It is, essentially, a super compact firing mechanism designed to propel darts filled with various substances at extremely high velocities toward whatever it is being pointed at. She can turn it into a pistol, rifle, submachine gun, et cetera by simply adding and removing attachments. She typically keeps it in compact form, where the gun and all its components can fit comfortably inside a small black case which she hangs on her back. The dart gun automatically scans her target, determining how fast the bullet needs to travel in order to deliver the intended payload. It can pierce up to three centimetres of concrete with a single shot. The dart gun can only fire three shots before needing to be recharged, which may be accomplished by inserting a fresh battery. Kiara only has two batteries on her, however, and each one can only be recharged by either connecting it to a mainframe power supply (such as a wall socket) or by ‘feeding’ it organic material, typically white sugar or protein powder.
  • Darts: Kiara carries two dozen darts on her at all times. Each dart is a slim glass tube measuring three millimetres wide and four centimetres long. However, despite these small dimensions, a single dart can carry a payload of up to 70 millilitres of liquid by compressing its contents. A single dart filled with Kiara’s blood can cause someone to undergo a realignment event, while a dart filled with Skye’s blood could reduce someone to putty in mere seconds. These darts are nearly impossible to break, and can easily withstand the forces imparted upon them when they are fired from the dart gun. These darts also double up as needles, allowing one to easily draw fluids from the environment around them.
  • Black Glove: Kiara wears a black glove on her right hand. This glove is made up of nanites bonded to her nervous system, meaning that they lose cohesion upon being separated from her. However, these nanites may reproduce by drawing minerals from her bloodstream, allowing them to replenish if destroyed. These nanites can form nearly any shape she desires, so long as those shapes do not exceed the volume of her clenched fist. The nanites may also interface with electrical systems, allowing her to interact with computers and devices without knowing how to operate them, and sometimes allowing her to breach password protected devices, should they have neglected to encrypt their plaintext documents. The glove also grants her incredible grip strength; more than enough to crush solid metal objects and to shatter dense thermoset plastics.
  • Chemical Equipment: Kiara carries several syringes, a radioactive sterilizer, bandages, disinfectant and neuroleptic drugs on her at all times. She also has a pen-like device which sprays two substances which, when mixed, form a film of buckminsterfullerene, an extremely tough and unreactive substance. She can use this to glue things together and to coat containers which she hopes to use as lab beakers or test tubes.
Powers and Abilities:

Physiological Inherencies:
  • Dessication: Kiara can dessicate living organisms with a single touch. This occurs almost instantaneously, and completely dries out the target organism. Dessicated organisms are utterly dehydrated, reducing them to piles of carbon ash. Their bones also tend to shatter and blacken, since they are almost 33% water. The term ‘dessication’ is not technically accurate, however, as the process also obliterates all complex substances within the organism. DNA, sugar and other organic molecules are rendered into infinitesimal pieces, meaning that a dessicated organism’s remains are indistinguishable from mineral-rich charcoal. Kiara can only dessicate someone if she, or something that she is holding, makes contact with an individual’s body. Thus, she can’t dessicate someone through their clothes. Furthermore, the more durable someone is, the harder it is to dessicate them due to how resistant they are to being punctured. She can dessicate organisms which don’t have water-based bodies, but only if they have some other liquid inside their bodies. Thus robots, which do not have large amounts of fluid inside them, would be invulnerable to her ability; armour notwithstanding.
  • Shared Heritage: Kiara’s physiology is much closer to that of a regular human than Skye’s. Whereas Skye was a genetic and esoteric abnormality, Kiara is merely an esoteric one. Her macrodermis is much finer than Skye’s, and she cannot splay her macrodermal scales. As such, her macrodermis effectively only serves as a semi-rigid suit of armor. Her immune system is also markedly less malicious, though her cells still tend to destroy any foreign agents they encounter. Her blood, while caustic and extremely toxic, can’t dissolve a human in under thirty seconds. Furthermore, she has fewer eyes: only a dozen per eye socket. Her genes are still made up of sixteen different nucleotides, however.
Esoteric Abilities:
  • Mutation: Kiara’s blood possesses conceptually mutagenic properties, and is an extremely potent carcinogen. If it is injected into someone’s nervous tissue, via the bloodstream or otherwise, they will undergo a process known as ‘realignment’. During realignment, a person’s conceptual makeup will change, affecting not just their physical form but the underlying ideas behind their existence. This effect, essentially, transforms people into their own nightmares. They effectively turn into dangerous anomalies composed of what is essentially purified human fear. Even if someone manages to retain their identity throughout realignment, the carcinogenic properties of Kiara’s blood will cause their body to consume itself in an attempt to grow, eventually reducing them to an undifferentiated mass of tissue.
  • Expulsion: Kiara’s dessicatory ability allows her not just to dry people out, but also to absorb the liquids once contained within their body. She can expel jets of pressurized water with enough force to shatter bricks, though this is not the only application of this ability. By definition, when someone dies, the concepts of their life and self-perception are lost, among other things. Dessicating them allows Kiara to absorb these concepts and add them to her own. Thus, she essentially serves as a conduit for identities and ideas. By emitting a concentrated burst of a certain concept, such as that of fear, or joy, she can modify the environment around her to her own benefit. A burst of joy might cause someone’s head to burst from sheer euphoria, whereas a beam of melancholy might convince someone to commit suicide on the spot. The concepts that she emits manifest as highly visible clouds of gas, meaning that people can avoid them or put on the appropriate PPE before exposing themselves to the gas. Kiara can also label herself using these concepts. At a very basic level, she can shroud herself in ‘anger’ or ‘power’, making herself much more intimidating. On a broader scale, she can adopt the concept of an entire person, meaning that people will treat her like that person. However, objective observers such as security cameras, retinal scanners and DNA testers will not be fooled by this disguise. If she dessicates a corpse and adopts the cadaver’s concept, she will also receive the conceptual label of ‘dead’. Thus, if she were to dessicate an already dead person known as “Alpha” and adopt their identity, everyone would recognise Kiara as Alpha while simultaneously also recognising her as a corpse, despite her walking around and talking to them. However, this will appear to be ‘pretty much normal’ to most observers. Strong willed people, intelligent individuals, highly analytical minds and people who knew Alpha well will be able to see through the disguise.
  • Trauma: Kiara’s blood is a deep blue, and contains white dots, giving it a texture similar to that of the night sky. Observation of her blood is extremely dangerous. If someone looks at her blood, the image will imprint itself in their mind, temporarily burning out some of the rods and cones in their eyes as if they’d just spent several seconds staring into an extremely bright light. Hearing her blood flowing, dripping or boiling results in the listener being afflicted with persistent auditory hallucinations. These hallucinations often include the victim screaming, singing, sobbing or laughing. If an individual is exposed to the sound of Kiara’s blood for too long, their mental faculties will rapidly degrade and they will become violently psychotic, engaging in autocannibalism - especially of the wrists and throat. Similarly, if someone stares at her blood for too long, they will begin hallucinating distressing sights even after looking away. This effect can last for hours, depending on how long the individual was exposed, and will typically drive the affected individual to either commit suicide or put out their eyes. Extended exposure can lead to the individual losing grasp on what’s real and what’s not, essentially plunging them into another world. If someone were to touch Kiara’s blood, they would immediately develop severe alien limb syndrome. The victim would then attempt to remove that limb via any possible means, mutilating themselves and killing others in order to remove the ‘stain’. The smell of Kiara’s blood is also a hazard. Simply standing near her blood and breathing in can result in psychosis and recursive dissociative episodes. Actually sniffing it can cause migraines which last for days, as well as an inability to sleep which may last weeks. Tasting her blood causes the taster to develop an insatiable appetite, as well as a nonexistent moral compass. They will do anything to satisfy their craving, up to and including cannibalism and the consumption of inedible objects such as safety pins, wood shards and stones. Her blood may be viewed semi-safely through any non-digital transparent medium. Thus, while a person viewing footage of her blood would suffer its full effect, someone viewing her blood through a window or visor would only suffer the mitigated consequences. These mitigated consequences include intense feelings of discomfort, nausea, overwhelming dread, a burning feeling under the eyelids and sudden muscular spasms in the neck and face, with the body subconsciously attempting to make the viewer turn away.
  • Regret: Hurting Kiara is psychologically damaging to the attacker. Even if they manage to avoid seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting or touching her blood, they will be instantly stricken down by a myriad of symptoms which may last years. Symptoms include insomnia, paranoia, impostor syndrome, audiovisual hallucinations, depression, manic depressive disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, cravings to eat inedible objects, an inability to derive pleasure from any source, an inability to recognise others, pronounced synesthesia, agoraphobia, glossophobia, fear of the dark, blindness, alien limb syndrome, lowered intelligence, vastly lowered inhibitions, excruciating episodic pains, constant hunger, inability to wake from REM sleep, a fear of open bodies of water, a fear of the sky, a fear of writing, a fear of writing, a fear of blinking, nightmares, recurring sleep paralysis, spasming, total body paralysis, inability to differentiate between reality and fantasy, seizures, irritability, self harming tendencies and an inability to bring oneself to end one’s own life. These symptoms can last for decades and have their severity amplified significantly, depending on the severity of the injury inflicted upon Kiara. Strong willed individuals have a much greater chance of avoiding symptoms altogether, and individuals who are physically incapable of experiencing any of the symptoms will receive different, but equally debilitating disorders.
Weaknesses:
  • Concepts: By definition, a majority of Kiara’s abilities rely on the target/s being able to perceive human concepts. Thus, her dessicatory abilities only work on living creatures and her expulsion-derived abilities only affect entities with a degree of agency. The more intelligent, the more sapient, and the more proactive an individual is, the stronger her abilities are in relation to them. Simultaneously, however, the more strong-willed and self-confident someone is, the less her abilities will work on them. Thus, while she can affect intelligent AI, she cannot affect simplistic machines to any relevant degree. She can’t fool automated turrets, simple-AI drones or any other basic machine whose code could be comfortably run on a modern computer. If she were to encounter an intelligent, sapient individual with a completely different idea of the world than herself, she might have some trouble dealing with them initially. However, after killing them, she’d be able to dessicate their corpse and use the concepts inherent to that foreign agent to understand their kind in future. Essentially, Kiara is a conceptuovore, in a manner similar to Avarice’s lower avatars.
  • Mania: Kiara, despite being excessively difficult to injure without inviting retribution upon the attacker, is not particularly hardy. She can be shot, stabbed, burnt, drowned, et cetera. Additionally, while her ‘trauma’ and ‘regret’ abilities will work on a robot’s pilot or an automated drone’s deployer, it will not work on the bot or drone themselves. If her ability can’t affect the individual actively attacking her at that moment, it will find the next one on the chain of responsibility and target them instead.
Personality: Kiara is a peppy, loyal, crude individual with a penchant for disarming others with an air of innocence and optimism. She is a stout pacifist, and is utterly unwilling to allow others to come to harm as a result of her trauma or regret abilities, following several incidents during her childhood which rendered most of her friends and family dead, estranged or insane over time.

Biography: Kiara was a friend of Skye’s since childhood. They went to the same school and when Skye’s parents were killed and she was dragged into the resistance against her predecessor, Kiara was first in line to join her. Despite their incredible youth at the time, the two managed to consistently defeat Skye’s predecessors’ attempts to put them down - almost certainly intentionally on the part of the ‘villain’. Eventually, Skye managed to claim the spark, and was thus forced to leave her home universe in search of individuals to feed the spark. Kiara joined her, wanting to stick with her friend.

Statistics:

Attack Potency: Small building level | Large building level
Destructive Capacity: Street level | Street level
Lifting Strength: Class 10 | Class 25
Speed: High Supersonic+ | High Supersonic+
Stamina: Superhuman | Massively superhuman
Durability: Small building level | Small building level
Reaction Times: Hypersonic+ | Hypersonic+
Range: Melee | Several dozen kilometres
Intelligence: Extremely high. Kiara is a savant in the fields of science and mathematics, and she’s no slouch in other fields | Ditto

Key: Base | With Equipment
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:19 pm

I'll add the character Bio later, as is, I think he is ready to go with Mod and OP approval.

Name: Fabian Kantor, the Tally Master
Universe of Origin: Warhammer 40k
Species: Adeptus Astartes, Primaris
Appearance:
Face
Powers & Abilities:
    Know know fear: Kantor is a veteran of centuries of brutal and destructive warfare as a battle-brother of the Dread Martyrs and accepts that he will perish one day. He is immune to abilities that induce fear or threats of death.
    My armor is contempt: Kantor abhors those he views as witches and heretics, any he encounters on the battlefield will become a primary focus of his fury
    Over activer Larraman's Organ: The Larraman's organ of the Dread Martyr's is constantly producing platelets and clotting enzymes, wounds suffered by Kantor heal faster than other Astartes.
    Tactical Mind: Kantor's experience leading his Devastator company into battle allows him to view terrain in an almost bird's eye perspective. He quick to identify choke points, rises and dips in terrain that can be used as fortified positions, and routes of possible enemy advance.
Weaknesses:
    Religious Zealotry: Kantor is a fanatic, and as a result, he is often unflinchingly stubborn regarding his beliefs and prone to fits of zealous rage
    Sinful Origin: Kantor, and much of the Dread Martyrs view themselves and sinful and tainted in the eyes of the Emperor due to their geneseed, as such, Kantor is reckless in battle, hoping to die gloriously and earn his absolution for the sin of his existence.
    Dogmatic: Everything Kantor does lines up in some way to his chapter's cult of sacrifice, he will not deviate from routine unless it is a dire emergency.
    Butcher's Toll: After every battle, Kantor assesses the losses taken vs inflicted, if they exceed a certain ratio, he will seclude himself for days, enacting the rights of penance through flagellation.
Attack Potency: High 8C
Speed: 12 kph
Lifting Strength: Class 6
Striking Strength: Large Building Level
Durability: Multi-City Block
Stamina: High
Range: Close
Intelligence: High
Equipment on Hand:
Armor: Mk. X Gravis Armor
Weapons:
[list=]
Relic Thunder Hammer; Martyr's Wrath
Master crafted Boltstorm Gauntlet
Grenades, Frag and Krak
[/list]
Misc.: Abacus, Prayer Book, Sacred Oils and Incense, Talisman of the Martyred Host
Brief Bio/History*:
Brief Personality Description*: Fabian Kantor is not unlike most Dread Martyrs, he is dower, reserved, and solemn, however, there is a hint of humanity beneath the grim visage of his chapter and charge. He is more understanding, less prone to fits of fanatic rage, and more patient than his brethren, though he still wears his heart on the pauldron of his armor and is as zealous as they come.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Last edited by New Antonalia on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:17 am

bored. kiara makes these or something

List of Drinks, Components and Modifiers:

Ingredients:
  • Blutane: Bitter, alcoholic | A staple base ingredient. Blutane has nothing to do with its (near) namesake, and has a pungent alcoholic aroma.
  • Quinn: Cool, soft, alcoholic | Quinn is a red, viscous gel which dissolves in water. It tastes a little bit like mint when dissolved, though it has a very offputting aftertaste in its pure form.
  • Lumin: Sweet, dry, soft | Lumin gets its name from the fact that it emits a faint orange glow when mixed with alcohol. A drop of lumin is generally added to nastier, stronger drinks in order to dull them a little while not removing all the taste.
  • Iodine Dexanoate (Dex): Cool, strong, sour | Dex is a good substitute for lemon juice, and gives drinks an added impact.
  • Messalina Extract (Messaline): Sweet, strong, sour | Messalina is for people who like tea, but who like enjoying it under the pretense that they’re drinking something mature.
  • Aveline: Bitter, dry, strong | Aveline is an extremely strong alcoholic extract. It’s colorless, odorless, and a very effective antiseptic. It’s best known for improving regular consumers’ cardiovascular health and problem solving skills.
  • Cherry (Pronounced “Sherry”): Sweet, strong, cool | Cherry is essentially pure sugar, with the added caveat that it’s a type of sugar completely foreign to the human body. Drinking Cherry is inadvisable: it’s perceived as being up to 170,000 times more sweet than white sugar, and can easily kill someone through sensory overload.
  • Polyvenyl Resin (Venyl): Soft, sour | A sticky, honey-like substance used to thicken drinks.
  • Quiblic: Bitter, sweet, alcoholic | A more subdued, sobering drink.
  • Funged Hedoparanimbus (Hedon): Alcoholic, dry | An earthy, basic drink base with a taste similar to mushroom wine. This drink stands out, however, for sparkling under light, making it look like it contains golden speckles.
  • Multi-Desaturated Esthine (Esthine): Bitter, soft, dry | A mild, fruity, pleasant substance. There’s not much else to be said about it, besides the fact that it evaporates quickly in air and doesn’t cling to one’s skin, making it a decent (if unorthodox) handwash.
  • Winter Sting (Wince): Sour, strong, alcoholic, bitter | Wince is typically used in an industrial capacity as antifreeze. In the context of a drink, though, it’s noted for undergoing an extreme endothermic reaction when exposed to basic solutions such as human saliva. It can freeze the interior of someone’s mouth, and has historically been deployed as a chemical of assassination. In smaller quantities, though, drinking Wince can be an enjoyable (if intense) experience.
  • Tartarus: Strong, dry, spicy | An extremely powerful spice used as a component in pepper spray.
  • Distilled Fabergine: Alcoholic, sweet, soft | Fabergine is a byproduct of the quiblic manufacturing process, and is typically used as a food sweetener or vinegar.

Modifiers:
  • On the Rocks: With ice.
  • Kudos: With a pinch of ‘starscar’, a white luminescent powder which makes the drink glow and carbonates it, making it fizzy.
  • Slipped: Diluted with water and/or venyl.
  • Strung: No alcohol. This is done by adding a small amount of “Kalisto”, a mineral which reacts and binds to alcohol, forming crystalline residue on the sides of the glass.
  • Mixed: Mixed.
  • Sharp: Filled with tiny shards of ice which break or melt upon touching the sides of the drinker’s mouth, giving the drink a ‘tingly’ and ‘scintillating’ texture. This can rarely lacerate the drinker’s cheeks.
  • Amped: Mixed with the nectar of a Malphigia flower which heightens the body’s ability to absorb drugs (such as alcohol, medicine, e.t.c) and which makes the drinker’s taste buds more sensitive, causing the drink to taste stronger as a result.

Drinks:
  • Indigo: Blutane and dex. A hard-hitting drink for hard-hitting people.
  • Strangler: Concentrated venyl and cherry, named for how less hardy drinkers might react to the taste. Most people dilute it in water, kind of like cordial. It definitely provides the most bang for your buck in terms of flavor, but the lack of alcohol is a turn-off for a lot of people.
  • Agatha: Esthine and quinn. Made for pretend-goths. A staple of the middle-aged drinking demographic.
  • Crow Down: Hedon, messalina and dex. A very fruity, slick drink. It got popularised by a movie a couple of years ago. Drinking it either makes you a poser, or a complete Casa Nova. 99% of the time, it’s the former.
  • Bloody Noble: Quiblic with a pinch of Tartarus, often accompanied by a little Aveline. It either comes in gold-gilt bottles, or in aluminium cans. There’s no inbetween.
  • Brightwing: Lumin, esthine and venyl. A rather pretty drink, if not a very interesting one. It’s a bit of a gateway liquor.
  • Salian Crown: Cherry, dex, quinn and hedon. It’s considered to be even more hardcore than purified wince, and can cause seizures which last for hours. The current world record for most Salian Crown drunk at once sits at around 700ml. Nobody has a proper number because the guy died halfway through the bottle.
  • Jewel of the Sea: Hedon and fabergine. A drink for nostalgic drunks. Best enjoyed from a bottle at sunset or in your study, poring over laminated photographs.
  • Window Shutter: Wince, tartarus and aveline. It puts your lights out. A lot of edgy teens have gotten blackout drunk or been sent to the hospital trying to impress their peers.
  • Nail Polish: Quinn, messalina, fabergine and blutane. Has a funny aftertaste, but a very fruity first impression. If a man buys it, he’s being flirty. If a woman buys it, it’s that time of month again.
  • Jackhammer: Tartarus, blutane and esthine. It’s less of a gut punch like other strong liquors, and more of a stomach ache. Construction workers and sailors used to store it because of its potency but it’s found a second life in shady bars and the repertoires of shitty cocktail mixers.
  • Ablution Solution: Esthine, dex and a tiny bit of cherry. Renowned not just for its antiseptic qualities, but also its godawful taste. It’s the kind of drink that everyone knows about, while simultaneously not knowing anyone who actually drinks the stuff.
  • Black Spice: Quiblic and blutane with optional dex or quinn. A fairly standard shot-glass drink. Definitely a party drink.
  • Weeping Widow: Aveline, lumin and fabergine. Best served at midnight to a woman wearing a black coat covered in fashionable cigarette ash stains. A lot of twenty year old unmarried women drink this for… some reason.
  • Godfather: Aveline, quiblic and wince. Cold, sturdy and resolute. It’s a sombre drink usually reserved for special occasions. Not the good kind of special occasion, mind you.
  • Blink: Hedon and lumin. For the weird people who prefer looking fashionable over getting a drink which unfortunately, makes this drink almost absurdly lame. Or is it so lame that it’s classy, in an ironic way?
  • Wilted Rose: Cherry, blutane and esthine. It’s like a sine wave, shifting between being bitter and saccharine. It’s mostly for eccentric and unorthodox types. Rarely, you’ll find a few bottles of this languishing in some collector’s cabinet. There was a fad a couple of decades ago: nobody really knows what started it. Some say it was a bunch of rick fashion folk, others say it was mild mass hysteria. Whatever the case, Wilted Rose is a rare find nowadays.
  • Starstrike: Fabergine, quiblic and blutane. Starstrike is for people who want to get drunk fast, but who don’t like the whole ‘drinking’ aspect of the process. It’s technically less alcoholic than Indigo, but the fabergine helps water down the horrid aftertaste, meaning you can drink more without upturning your guts.
  • Atrium Punch: Venyl, dex and wince | This drink got its name from the rumor that it could cause heart palpitations. It’s viscous, dense and especially hard on the nose. Best served during dinner, or during a very formal supper.
  • Wanderwist: Aveline and messalina | A trio of flavors usually enjoyed by businessmen and globetrotters. It’s got the sting of hard liquor, but none of the alcohol.
  • Dreamcatcher: Hedon, messalina and venyl. A potent pick me up, and a decent let-me-down. Really, wanderwist can do just about anything you want it to. Add more venyl, and it’ll be like a slap to the face. Add more hedon, and it’ll put you to sleep in no time.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 am

I've got two - copying your format, Mensch, sue me

• Venison Draught: bitter, very alcoholic, | Venison Draught is reportedly a spice filled brew with a kick at the end.
  • Fernwind Brew: "feels like honey", very, very alcoholic | Fernwind Brew is said to taste like spring, if that makes sense. Due to its very high alcohol content, the recipe has been changed multiple times over the centuries it's been around.

Both of these will be featured in my posts a lot, along with Butterbeer.
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Miria would make no drinks, since she's not allowed to drink due to being a lightweight who gets hungover after one glass of mead.

She'd be the type to doctor up hot chocolate and fruit punch to cope with strong alcohol.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 pm

New Antonalia wrote:I'll add the character Bio later, as is, I think he is ready to go with Mod and OP approval.

Name: Fabian Kantor, the Tally Master
Universe of Origin: Warhammer 40k
Species: Adeptus Astartes, Primaris
Appearance:
Face
Powers & Abilities:
    Know know fear: Kantor is a veteran of centuries of brutal and destructive warfare as a battle-brother of the Dread Martyrs and accepts that he will perish one day. He is immune to abilities that induce fear or threats of death.
    My armor is contempt: Kantor abhors those he views as witches and heretics, any he encounters on the battlefield will become a primary focus of his fury
    Over activer Larraman's Organ: The Larraman's organ of the Dread Martyr's is constantly producing platelets and clotting enzymes, wounds suffered by Kantor heal faster than other Astartes.
    Tactical Mind: Kantor's experience leading his Devastator company into battle allows him to view terrain in an almost bird's eye perspective. He quick to identify choke points, rises and dips in terrain that can be used as fortified positions, and routes of possible enemy advance.
Weaknesses:
    Religious Zealotry: Kantor is a fanatic, and as a result, he is often unflinchingly stubborn regarding his beliefs and prone to fits of zealous rage
    Sinful Origin: Kantor, and much of the Dread Martyrs view themselves and sinful and tainted in the eyes of the Emperor due to their geneseed, as such, Kantor is reckless in battle, hoping to die gloriously and earn his absolution for the sin of his existence.
    Dogmatic: Everything Kantor does lines up in some way to his chapter's cult of sacrifice, he will not deviate from routine unless it is a dire emergency.
    Butcher's Toll: After every battle, Kantor assesses the losses taken vs inflicted, if they exceed a certain ratio, he will seclude himself for days, enacting the rights of penance through flagellation.
Attack Potency: High 8C
Speed: 12 kph
Lifting Strength: Class 6
Striking Strength: Large Building Level
Durability: Multi-City Block
Stamina: High
Range: Close
Intelligence: High
Equipment on Hand:
Armor: Mk. X Gravis Armor
Weapons:
[list=]
Relic Thunder Hammer; Martyr's Wrath
Master crafted Boltstorm Gauntlet
Grenades, Frag and Krak
[/list]
Misc.: Abacus, Prayer Book, Sacred Oils and Incense, Talisman of the Martyred Host
Brief Bio/History*:
Brief Personality Description*: Fabian Kantor is not unlike most Dread Martyrs, he is dower, reserved, and solemn, however, there is a hint of humanity beneath the grim visage of his chapter and charge. He is more understanding, less prone to fits of fanatic rage, and more patient than his brethren, though he still wears his heart on the pauldron of his armor and is as zealous as they come.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Oi, new person's app noticed yet?

I made a short post IC-side, just to give Sky something to work with.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:31 pm

So, New Antonalia, is there an arc that you're interested in joining? Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:23 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:So, New Antonalia, is there an arc that you're interested in joining? Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

I'm not entirely sure the current arcs really fit with Fabian's character, which would you suggest I join?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Yo, New Antonalia.

We have a few co-ops who are well-versed in Warhammer 40k, so I was waiting for them. But since they haven’t seen it yet, I’ll go ahead and accept it.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 pm

New Antonalia wrote:
Menschenfleisch wrote:So, New Antonalia, is there an arc that you're interested in joining? Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

I'm not entirely sure the current arcs really fit with Fabian's character, which would you suggest I join?

Currently, Shadows of the Empire, Scourge of my People and L-Fel are open. Personally, I recommend either Shadows of the Empire or Scourge of my People; both are sci-fi arcs, although Scourge of my People is a lot more controlled, subdued and subtle; that's not a bad thing, though, if you're looking for a tighter and more streamlined arc to join.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:15 am

Menschenfleish’s applications are accepted
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:
New Antonalia wrote:

Currently, Shadows of the Empire, Scourge of my People and L-Fel are open. Personally, I recommend either Shadows of the Empire or Scourge of my People; both are sci-fi arcs, although Scourge of my People is a lot more controlled, subdued and subtle; that's not a bad thing, though, if you're looking for a tighter and more streamlined arc to join.

Well, the main problem I'd say is the fact that Space Marines are highly xenophobic and would ultimately look at all factions as heretics, now if I was playing an inquisitor, say Gregor Eisenhorn, then yes, I think he'd fit well in either RP. In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Arc Name: Seeds of Anxiety
Moderator: Naval Monte
Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Drama, Comedy, Thriller, Mystery, Science Fiction
Summary: The United Kingdom Sector of the AEGIS Imperative has a major problem. It's Welsh subdivision has fallen. A raid that it never fully recovered from, questionable decisions from its leader, and finally a bloody battle known as "The Fold Massacre" has caused the destruction of the division. Yet this absence can not be allowed, for it was not only monitoring anomalous activity throughout Wales but those in the area surrounding the Cerridwyn River, with the town of Branhwrn taking special consideration. With the town a nexus of anomalous activity it wasn't too surprising that the division would be revived. But with AEGIS facing a a Multiversal War how much can they support the fledgling division? More importantly, how well will this new base deal with the numerous dark secrets and otherworldly forces in the town.
Theme Song: Welcome to Branhwrn
Last edited by Naval Monte on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Founded: May 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 am

Is anyone allowed to add a lot of factions? Like, for one example, a stellar nation?
Last edited by Novaya Equestria on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse