NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Open) (OOC 2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:50 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Izuku is accepted, though we will be keeping a close eye on you.

New Antonalia wrote:Question, if I reintroduce Thaddeus Lorn, who would be willing to host him in their arc? I finally got some more time thanks to summer break and I can now post some more in terms of P2M rps.

Probably, yeah. Do you want a link to the discord?

I'm already on the Discord, I just haven't posted all that much due to IRL BS.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Arc Name: Revolution Down Under
Moderator: The Palmetto
Genre: Quest-based, puzzle-lite, action/adventure, lite-political
Summary:

The dictatorship of Bahamari, a humid theocratic "republic" inhabited by the swamp-dwelling Bahari people, has recently come to an end. Once part of a great empire called Eurion, the death of their goddess and collapse of Eurion shook the region to the core. Bahamari's leadership, after all these years, has tried so desperately to keep power, but has lost support of the countryside and barely held on to its cities with brute force. After a wobbly decade of autocratic rule, the nation has just now fallen to revolution, and a provisional government has taken charge.

Revolution Down Under involves a group of hapless characters winding up in Bahamari after a major revolution. The country is a mess, and there's plenty to be done about it. From taking down the last pro-government strongholds by force, to negotiating with various factions, and even just trying to find a Macguffin. Ultimately, RDU is a more laid-back arc involving a multitude of optional quests offered by the government.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:14 pm

New Antonalia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:Izuku is accepted, though we will be keeping a close eye on you.

Probably, yeah. Do you want a link to the discord?

I'm already on the Discord, I just haven't posted all that much due to IRL BS.

ahh, my bad. No issue, we understand RL is more important than RP.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Neo-Unified Nations
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Unified Nations » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 am

Name:Larry Foulke
Universe of Origin:Ace Combat
[b]Species:Human

Appearance:Here
Powers & Abilities:Ace Piloting, Amazing turns, advanced skills, tactical adaptability.
Weaknesses:Being Human (duh), Extremely sensitive towards homeland, Very emotionally sensitive due to PTSD from the 7 Belkan nukes.
Attack Potency:8-A (ADFX-02 Morgan armaments), 10-A with AK-47.
Speed:Normal Human attack speed, combat speed, and reaction speed. Athletic Human travel speed. (flight speed not needed due to ADFX-02)
Lifting Strength:Regular Human.
Striking Strength:Athlete Class.
Durability:Human Level (on the ground), Plane level (In ADFX-02).
Stamina: Above average, he can run faster than a normal athlete at full energy.
Range: 350M (380 YD) with AK-47, on the ADFX it depends on his fuel.
Intelligence:Above Average, he has shown to be extremely observant and a very excellent analyzer, he had taken the skills of Cipher when they flew together and used them against him in near-perfect detail, he is exceptionally skilled in adapting to the current situation due to being an ace pilot.
Equipment on Hand:Belkan-made AK-47, which he uses on the ground mostly, and an ADFX-02 Morgan which he stole from a Belkan facility, it is equipped with a heavy 20mm machine gun, a tactical laser system, 160 missiles (overkill, i know), Multi-purpose burst missile, and an Integrated Electronics warfare system.
Brief Bio/History:* :Larry Foulke was born in South Belka in 1967. Sometime in his youth, his hometown was invaded by Osea, and his parents were killed while fleeing from the invasion. Foulke lived the rest of his childhood in an orphanage; after he left as an adult, Foulke became a mercenary pilot.

Over the coming years, Foulke fought in various conflicts with his aircraft of choice, the F-15C Eagle. During one particular battle in 1993, his F-15's right wing was torn off by enemy fire, but he remained in control of the aircraft and safely returned to base. This incident earned him the nickname "Solo Wing". He later painted the right wing of his aircraft—either the same Eagle or a replacement—a scarlet red to commemorate the incident.
Brief Personality Description*: Foulke is a person with a mostly cool manner, and is a nice person to those close to him, he is somewhat short-tempered due to constant combat, however sometimes he becomes isolationist and aggressive when reliving the memories of Betraying Cipher, and Belka using 7 nukes against their own people, if he relives those memories he isolates himself from other people while being emotionally sensitive, and gets angry.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.

Also i decided to go with this man because he is the first that came to mind, maybe i'll snag Cipher along later?

Neo-United Nations | Нео Организация Объединенных Наций | ネオ国連 | Nuevas Naciones Unidas
"Above all, Humanity!"
2039, Embroiled in a war against the Supernatural, the UN has to become an organization of evil, all just to survive a dying, fascist world.
Leaders
Overview
Existence
Road to Tyranny
NUNGDI
Earth, 2039
WIC: Western European Police execute several terrorist leaders after their surrender|Pan-American SWAT accidentally kill young boy with stray gunfire|Several members of the GDI's Oceanian Division executed for species treason after CO read internet history
NUN's back baby, with a version 2.0, I just need to update a lot of my factbooks and then this nation can be considered 'revamped'.
La Santa Chanclasilla, just in case.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:17 am

Larry Foulke is accepted, I can give ya a link to the discord if you want.

Neo-Unified Nations
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Unified Nations » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Larry Foulke is accepted, I can give ya a link to the discord if you want.

Sure, i need to ask a few questions on discord anyway.

Neo-United Nations | Нео Организация Объединенных Наций | ネオ国連 | Nuevas Naciones Unidas
"Above all, Humanity!"
2039, Embroiled in a war against the Supernatural, the UN has to become an organization of evil, all just to survive a dying, fascist world.
Leaders
Overview
Existence
Road to Tyranny
NUNGDI
Earth, 2039
WIC: Western European Police execute several terrorist leaders after their surrender|Pan-American SWAT accidentally kill young boy with stray gunfire|Several members of the GDI's Oceanian Division executed for species treason after CO read internet history
NUN's back baby, with a version 2.0, I just need to update a lot of my factbooks and then this nation can be considered 'revamped'.
La Santa Chanclasilla, just in case.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Name: Bilbo Baggins
Universe of Origin: Middle-Earth
Species: Hobbit
Appearance: Bilbo
Powers & Abilities: can ride barrels, kill spiders, and rather good at hiding; the Ring
Weaknesses: His bravery doesn't show up often, he really likes food and will do anything to get a second breakfast
Attack Potency: 10-B - Human
Speed: Normal Human
Lifting Strength: Regular Human
Striking Strength: Athlete
Durability: Athlete
Stamina: Bilbo can climb trees with ease and travel for several miles at a time.
Range: With the One Ring, Bilbo can turn invisible and sneak up behind foes to ambush them. Otherwise, he fights at close quarters with Sting.
Intelligence: Bilbo isn't as smart as Gandalf but he knows a lot about Elves and other races.
Equipment on Hand: Sting, the Ring, cloak, pipe/pipeweed
Sting turns a blue-ish color when evil beings are near and harms most creatures of foul intentions; the Ring can make you invisible
Brief Bio/History*: (The entire plot of The Hobbit up until Laketown.)
Brief Personality Description*: Bilbo wants to like everyone and tries to avoid fighting as much as possible.
*Optional, but recommended
Note: We use VSBW stats. The links to the VSBW summary of information for each stat are given in the application.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:11 pm

smh i didn't ask for a burglar

but accepted

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 am

The Palmetto wrote:smh i didn't ask for a burglar

but accepted

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

I have to admit that recently, I've gotten kinda bored of the RP. I enjoy writing for my characters and all, but a lot of the arcs feel complex or super duper high stakes. This is fine of course, but I kinda just want something more chill, based more on the interaction between our characters and with the whole feel of "a bunch of dumb adventurers go on quests" kinda thing. If anyone's interesting in making an arc like this, let me know.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Japanese Americans » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 am

This is probably a dumb question to ask after nearly a month of Lee not being engaged with by most others, but am I still part of the rp?
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 am

Hey, I'd like to ask something.

I joined a while ago, and never actually got started. Is it okay if I rejoin or nah?
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 am

Rannoria wrote:Hey, I'd like to ask something.

I joined a while ago, and never actually got started. Is it okay if I rejoin or nah?

Yeah, that's fine. Any arcs you interested in?

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am

The Palmetto wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Hey, I'd like to ask something.

Sorry to bother, but what is each arc about?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Rannoria wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Sorry to bother, but what is each arc about?

.........did you read the OOC?

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Sorry to bother, but what is each arc about?

Yeah I did. Unless I somehow managed to skip one part of the OOC completely, i don't think there's a description of each individual arc.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Rannoria wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Yeah I did. Unless I somehow managed to skip one part of the OOC completely, i don't think there's a description of each individual arc.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=453829&p=34911691#p34911691

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:08 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Yeah I did. Unless I somehow managed to skip one part of the OOC completely, i don't think there's a description of each individual arc.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=453829&p=34911691#p34911691

sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't explain what each arc is about. it just mentions the names of each arc and each arc's characters and factions, but other than that, nothing. Unless you wanted me to ask what an arc was about (if so then apologies on my behalf), there's nothing about the story of the arc.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Rannoria wrote:

sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't explain what each arc is about. it just mentions the names of each arc and each arc's characters and factions, but other than that, nothing. Unless you wanted me to ask what an arc was about (if so then apologies on my behalf), there's nothing about the story of the arc.

Added a list to the OP, under the Ongoing Arcs and Characters Guide.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:11 pm

The Japanese Americans wrote:This is probably a dumb question to ask after nearly a month of Lee not being engaged with by most others, but am I still part of the rp?

You are, it's just right now on my end I couldn't find the right time to reply to your character. If you repost the latest post you make (and probably edit it to fit with what is going on currently) I will make a post to respond to you. Though you do need to give me something to respond to because I think you had Lee be quiet.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

The Japanese Americans
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Japanese Americans » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:46 am

Naval Monte wrote:
The Japanese Americans wrote:This is probably a dumb question to ask after nearly a month of Lee not being engaged with by most others, but am I still part of the rp?

You are, it's just right now on my end I couldn't find the right time to reply to your character. If you repost the latest post you make (and probably edit it to fit with what is going on currently) I will make a post to respond to you. Though you do need to give me something to respond to because I think you had Lee be quiet.

Okay. Will do. Just give me a bit to type out a response.
I'm an autistic 19 year old who used to read a library's worth of books.

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:57 am

The Palmetto wrote:I have to admit that recently, I've gotten kinda bored of the RP. I enjoy writing for my characters and all, but a lot of the arcs feel complex or super duper high stakes. This is fine of course, but I kinda just want something more chill, based more on the interaction between our characters and with the whole feel of "a bunch of dumb adventurers go on quests" kinda thing. If anyone's interesting in making an arc like this, let me know.

Oui oui
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Rannoria wrote:sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't explain what each arc is about. it just mentions the names of each arc and each arc's characters and factions, but other than that, nothing. Unless you wanted me to ask what an arc was about (if so then apologies on my behalf), there's nothing about the story of the arc.

Many thanks.

Both Dead Man's Party and L-Fel look nice to join. Torii and GetSnekt, what do you guys say?

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Rannoria wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Many thanks.

Both Dead Man's Party and L-Fel look nice to join. Torii and GetSnekt, what do you guys say?

TBH I'm not too sure right now how to fit a new character in, what with everything going on in the arc. That, and I'm trying to wrap it up relatively soon anyways. That said, if you really, really do want to join, and Tia/Sky are both fine with it, I'm not against working out something. Again, my main concern is just that I don't know how someone new would fit in halfway into the story, or how you'd feel if it reached its climax soon. It might not be impossible to do, however; we did try to do that recently with another player, anyways.

Just kind of a weird spot at the moment, and since I'm not experienced with DM'ing stuff, I wouldn't know how to rope in new players that well. Would also be a bit strange, what with the current setting of DMP. I might have one explanation for why someone would suddenly appear in the arc, however, thanks to one of my character's current items.
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:59 pm

The Palmetto wrote:I have to admit that recently, I've gotten kinda bored of the RP. I enjoy writing for my characters and all, but a lot of the arcs feel complex or super duper high stakes. This is fine of course, but I kinda just want something more chill, based more on the interaction between our characters and with the whole feel of "a bunch of dumb adventurers go on quests" kinda thing. If anyone's interesting in making an arc like this, let me know.

I’m game. Shall we do a bit of planning over discord?
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse