NATION

PASSWORD

Kegyeleem: Magic and Realms [Medieval-Fantasy,OOC/mechanics]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:59 pm

South Raznakova wrote:Andsed, I control 380, you didn't include it in the map of my territory.

... OOF! Sorry about that I will edit the map real quick.

Edit: here is the updated map:

Red: The Grand Duchy of Oppermanson
Yellow: The Qallupilluit Clans(The line from 10 to 261 is supposed to represent the Qallupilluit who are living underwater)
Blue: Dyllonia
Lime Green: Beaconia
Black: The Armed Empire of Raznakova
Pink: The Kharqorin Alliance
Dark Green: The Duchy of Drazar
Cyan: Kingdom of Erinfrosche (The black lines and dot are meant to show that they are claiming the underground and caves of the areas and the brown rings around 142 are showing how Spartacus claims the surface there.
Brown: Spartacus (Again the brown rings around 242 are showing how they are claiming the surface there.
Grey: The Empire of Acren
Purple: Dentali
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:47 pm

To give everyone a better understanding of how the Sakatkin would be treated in this - it happened almost a thousand years ago, so there aren’t really any known remnants of them or their culture. So, they would’ve probably become mostly forgotten and more folkloric. Little is known historically about the War for Kegyeleem, so people get the basic idea and think there must be truth to what they know. However, for the most part, most people see the Sakatkin as just a bedtime story. In fact, it is a bed time story that at least my characters have been told as children and will tell their children
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

South Raznakova
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:07 pm

and 360
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

South Raznakova wrote:and 360

Yeah I just saw you edited your claim there so I´m guessing your forgot to list it. I will edit the map.

Edit: here is the updated map:

Red: The Grand Duchy of Oppermanson
Yellow: The Qallupilluit Clans(The line from 10 to 261 is supposed to represent the Qallupilluit who are living underwater)
Blue: Dyllonia
Lime Green: Beaconia
Black: The Armed Empire of Raznakova
Pink: The Kharqorin Alliance
Dark Green: The Duchy of Drazar
Cyan: Kingdom of Erinfrosche (The black lines and dot are meant to show that they are claiming the underground and caves of the areas and the brown rings around 142 are showing how Spartacus claims the surface there.
Brown: Spartacus (Again the brown rings around 242 are showing how they are claiming the surface there.
Grey: The Empire of Acren
Purple: Dentali
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:38 pm

thx
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 am

Have I been accepted?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 am

Dentali wrote:Have I been accepted?

Well the list of accepted realms has you listed so yeah.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 am

Andsed wrote:
Dentali wrote:Have I been accepted?

Well the list of accepted realms has you listed so yeah.

Excellent btw what fantasy races does this world have? i know we have the mermaid people up north

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:32 am

Dentali wrote:
Andsed wrote:Well the list of accepted realms has you listed so yeah.

Excellent btw what fantasy races does this world have? i know we have the mermaid people up north

That’s left up mostly to the players.
The players can make their own races so long as they’re not too op
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:44 am

Oppermenia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

That’s left up mostly to the players.

i get that, i was hoping for a list

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:00 am

Nice map Andsed! A quick note: I am giving some of my territory to Mersdon, but we have not decided on an exact border yet, so in the meantime, please list pink as both Kharqorin Alliance and Mersdon.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am

Can my third character be accepted when y'all are free, please? Thanks!

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Here are my completed apps for three characters:

Character Name: Timur Khan
Race/Ethnic Group: Kegyeleem's version of Central Asian Turks
Appearance: He looks like Shah Ismail I of Iran: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Shah_Ismail_I.jpg
Personality: Warm, somewhat smart, sometimes arrogant.
Strengths and skills: Realpolitik, economics, science.
Magic Abilities: Currently learning from a shaman, but only knows basic stuff (like pouring a cup of tea without the use of hands)
Flaws and weaknesses: Arrogant, has almost no values.
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) As the head of the Kharqorin Alliance, he has support from all of its members. The area has good ports and farmland with thriving marine activities. His city, Kharqorin, is in the mountains and he also has a house there (he does not live in a palace because that would imply that he is a King, not a humble Alliance Head.
Biography: He was a descendant of a Tulivag Turk who helped fight the Worldkillers, so he was made the head of the Kharqorin Alliance.
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) None, he is sociable, but he does not have true friends, just acquaintances.
Realm: (Name, size, subjects)(if ruler, otherwise delete) Kharqorin Alliance.
Powerful vassals: (if applicable, short summary only) All polities in the KA.
Liege-lord: (if applicable) None.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) Kharqorin Alliance.
Additional Information: (anything else you want to say?) WIP

Character Name: Simeon Dahrozi (no one knows his identity except for himself)
Race/Ethnic Group: Kegyeleem's version of Hungarians (not from the present, but when they first entered the Carpathian Basin).
Appearance: Short, old, long white beard.
Personality: Lonely, determined to not harm any living things.
Strengths and skills: He is Kharqorin ALliances's best magic user.
Magic Abilities: (if magic-user, otherwise delete) He is only able to use magic for benign activities, like making tea or making a cloud the shape of a pancake (he did not teach himself "dark magic" out of fear that he may use it in a way that harms others. The Kharqorin Alliance's few magicians are notorious for refusing to use magic most of the time unless they are ssure it does not affect anyone).
Flaws and weaknesses: He does not like company, he does not like humanity or himself.
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) He lives in an isolated, abandoned monastery, but has no possessions so he can lay low and no one will know him.
Biography: His upbringing is unknown, all details of his life are unknown. Simeon is famous as the best magician in the Kharqorin Alliance, but no one knows who the magician actually is (think of it like Batman: everyone knows Batman, but no one knows his identity).
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) None.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) None, he spoke out against magicians having a specific association or guild out of fear that it will concentrate power into the hands of a few.
Additional Information: (anything else you want to say?) Not yet.

Character Name: Kai Vieri
Race/Ethnic Group: Kegyeleem's version of the Persians.
Appearance: Looks like Guy Fieri.
Personality: Just like Guy Fieri.
Strengths and skills: He is really good at cooking and is appreciative of all cultures.
Flaws and weaknesses: He often does things which annoy other chefs.
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) He is the head of the Kharqorin Culinary Society and the Kharqorin Academy of Geography.
Biography: His family was originally from the islands but moved to Kharqorin. Kai was born in Kharqorin and became famous for his cooking skills, making him the head of the Kharqorin Culinary Society. He also started to become curious about other cultures and their cuisine, inspiring him to also become a geographer and create the Kharqorin Academy of Geography. His dream is to explore the world's cultures and cuisines and show them to the people of the Kharqorin Alliance. Right now, he is preparing to travel around Tulivag, where he will write about the various cultures in his journals and release an atlas about Tulivag.
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) He is friends with Timur Khan, who has a great appreciation for food. He has two parents and two siblings who always supported his culinary career.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) Head of Kharqorin Culinary Society, Founder and Head of Kharqorin Academy of Geography.
Additional Information: (anything else you want to say?) He is by default open to all cultures, often ignoring the geopolitical ideas of the Kharqorin Alliance and visiting enemy cultures (he does not harm the Kharqorin Alliance in the process, so they are fine with him doing this).

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:15 am

Would yall mind if i edit my territories quick?
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Realm Name: The Kharqorin Alliance.
Location/Territory claimed(check map): 383-443 (this will change after Mersdon and I decide on a border).
Population: 7,000,000 (7 million).
Leader: Timur Khan.
Ruling House (dynasty): Kharqorin Dynasty.
System of government: An economic and military alliance, similar to the EU and NATO. All of the individual countries are still sovereign entities with various government types due to this just being an alliance.
Significant Sub-realms: Kharqorin is the capital.
Culture(s): Southern Mainland: Analogous to the culture of the Turks when they migrated into Central Asia, except that they are more sedentary and seafaring. Northern Mainland: Analogous to the culture of the Hungarians when they first established the Principality of Hungary, except they are more seafaring. Islands: Analogous to the culture of the Persians. Due to the Kharqorin Alliance being in a wet, temperate forest rather than the steppe, grasslands, and desert, the cultures here are different from their analogous cultures on Earth.
Religion(s): Various religions.
Magic Tradition(s): Shamans in the central mountainous areas have mastered magic, but they use it mainly to entertain people (fireworks, funny clouds, etc.). They refuse to use it in any way that has large effects.
Foreign policies/agendas: It tries to remain as distanced from other countries as possible, though countries within the Kharqorin Alliance interact a lot with each other. The Alliance, despite being made up of many sovereign countries, has a united foreign policy.
Trade (Imports/exports/policies): Due to isolation, not much exported or imported. Trade of fish, pearls, cash crops, food crops, lumber, and precious metals and minerals is mostly within the Alliance.
History: At first, all of the countries in the peninsula were small and separate, with much diversity even within the three main culture groups. After Nosewagania annexed Sakatia, the peoples of the peninsula decided to form an alliance to protect themselves from others. They decided to make the Kharqorin Dynasty the head of the Alliance because the Kharqorin Dynasty is directly descended from a Tulivag Turk who helped fight against the Worldkillers and saved the area from being destroyed by the Worldkillers. The current Khan of Kharqorin, Timur Khan, is thus the Head of the Alliance.
Additional Information:(anything else you want to say?) Timur Khan is slowly trying to strengthen the Alliance into a unified Khanate with him as the Khan. Timur Khan is skilled at realpolitik and is good at pursuing his goals through practical means, though this also means that he has almost no values.

That map is really well-designed! Are there designated climate types for these regions, and if so, can my area have an oceanic climate similar to Christchurch, New Zealand?

I edited my app a bit. I did not edit my land extent, but I modified some of the history, cultures, government type, and more.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:29 am

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Nice map Andsed! A quick note: I am giving some of my territory to Mersdon, but we have not decided on an exact border yet, so in the meantime, please list pink as both Kharqorin Alliance and Mersdon.

Will do.

South Acren wrote:Would yall mind if i edit my territories quick?

I think that´s up to Oppermenia or Dyllonia to decide.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 am

Alright then. I have nothing to do so ill just hang out till they get on.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:12 pm

South Acren wrote:Alright then. I have nothing to do so ill just hang out till they get on.

Well what are you thinking? I may not be able to approve it but I can offer advice.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Andsed wrote:
South Acren wrote:Alright then. I have nothing to do so ill just hang out till they get on.

Well what are you thinking? I may not be able to approve it but I can offer advice.

Well seeing as i cant open the map as i am using a school computer and they like to be jerks, I kinda wanted to have the rest of the mountains and some of the area around the lake i am next to.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:30 pm

South Acren wrote:
Andsed wrote:Well what are you thinking? I may not be able to approve it but I can offer advice.

Well seeing as i cant open the map as i am using a school computer and they like to be jerks, I kinda wanted to have the rest of the mountains and some of the area around the lake i am next to.

How much area around the lake are you thinking? Completely surrounding it or just partially surrounding it?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Dentali wrote:
Oppermenia wrote:That’s left up mostly to the players.

i get that, i was hoping for a list

Currently, here are the ones I know of:
- the "mermaid people" up north
- humans
- dark elves
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Can my third character be accepted when y'all are free, please? Thanks!

Appearance: He looks like Shah Ismail I of Iran: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Shah_Ismail_I.jpg
Magic Abilities: Currently learning from a shaman, but only knows basic stuff (like pouring a cup of tea without the use of hands)
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) As the head of the Kharqorin Alliance, he has support from all of its members. The area has good ports and farmland with thriving marine activities. His city, Kharqorin, is in the mountains and he also has a house there (he does not live in a palace because that would imply that he is a King, not a humble Alliance Head.
Biography: He was a descendant of a Tulivag Turk who helped fight the Worldkillers, so he was made the head of the Kharqorin Alliance.
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) None, he is sociable, but he does not have true friends, just acquaintances.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) Kharqorin Alliance.

Race/Ethnic Group: Kegyeleem's version of Hungarians (not from the present, but when they first entered the Carpathian Basin).
Magic Abilities: (if magic-user, otherwise delete) He is only able to use magic for benign activities, like making tea or making a cloud the shape of a pancake (he did not teach himself "dark magic" out of fear that he may use it in a way that harms others. The Kharqorin Alliance's few magicians are notorious for refusing to use magic most of the time unless they are ssure it does not affect anyone).
Flaws and weaknesses: He does not like company, he does not like humanity or himself.
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) He lives in an isolated, abandoned monastery, but has no possessions so he can lay low and no one will know him.
Biography: His upbringing is unknown, all details of his life are unknown. Simeon is famous as the best magician in the Kharqorin Alliance, but no one knows who the magician actually is (think of it like Batman: everyone knows Batman, but no one knows his identity).
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) None.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) None, he spoke out against magicians having a specific association or guild out of fear that it will concentrate power into the hands of a few.

Strengths and skills: He is really good at cooking and is appreciative of all cultures.
Wealth and special possessions: (Sum up the characters overall wealth and resources at their disposal and also give good descriptions of important unique or especially treasured possessions) He is the head of the Kharqorin Culinary Society and the Kharqorin Academy of Geography.
Biography: His family was originally from the islands but moved to Kharqorin. Kai was born in Kharqorin and became famous for his cooking skills, making him the head of the Kharqorin Culinary Society. He also started to become curious about other cultures and their cuisine, inspiring him to also become a geographer and create the Kharqorin Academy of Geography. His dream is to explore the world's cultures and cuisines and show them to the people of the Kharqorin Alliance. Right now, he is preparing to travel around Tulivag, where he will write about the various cultures in his journals and release an atlas about Tulivag.
Closest family and friends: (Names, age, relation, single-sentence summary) He is friends with Timur Khan, who has a great appreciation for food. He has two parents and two siblings who always supported his culinary career.
Affiliations: (List all groups among which your character has some rank or special standing. Groups can be churches, knightly orders, (secret) societies or anything in the like) Head of Kharqorin Culinary Society, Founder and Head of Kharqorin Academy of Geography.
Additional Information: (anything else you want to say?) He is by default open to all cultures, often ignoring the geopolitical ideas of the Kharqorin Alliance and visiting enemy cultures (he does not harm the Kharqorin Alliance in the process, so they are fine with him doing this).

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Can my third character be accepted when y'all are free, please? Thanks!

He's accepted, I just didn't explicitly list him because I was going through A LOT of apps at the time
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Oppermenia wrote:
Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Can my third character be accepted when y'all are free, please? Thanks!

He's accepted, I just didn't explicitly list him because I was going through A LOT of apps at the time

Oh, okay. Remember, if you need help, I am available.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:
Oppermenia wrote:He's accepted, I just didn't explicitly list him because I was going through A LOT of apps at the time

Oh, okay. Remember, if you need help, I am available.

Thank you.
Although this has been a bit of work, I am getting along just fine with this. And, if all this work can produce an amazing, fun rp, then it's all worth it
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:46 pm

The thing is though, I think the problem with the cold war and GWoTC was that it was very slow. How will you guys solve that problem?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse