NATION

PASSWORD

Westminster 2017: The UK Political RP Pt. I OOC (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Greater Arab State
Character Name: Anita Benn
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 32
Character Height: 5" 6'
Character Weight: 118 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: MP for Corby (2015-present)
Appearance: (Image)
Character Constituency of Origin: Corby
Character Constituency of Residence: Corby
Character Party Affiliation: Conservative
Main Strengths: Seen as a fresh face in Parliament, has support amongst both working class and women voters, dedicated to both her constituents and the Conservative party.
Main Weaknesses: Lacks political experience, lack of confidence,
Biography:

Anita Benn was born on the 16th of April 1985 into a Anglo-Indian family of small business owners. During her youth she successfully passed all of her GCSE's with A*'s in Citizenship studies and Business studies before taking these subjects for A levels. In 2003 Ms. Benn proceeded to study Business Administration and Management at De Montfort University, Leicester before eventually going on to graduate with a first in the subject.

After graduating in 2007 she proceeded to work in her parents business and during the financial recession began to take more control of the business's affairs such as advertising which led to the business for the most part to be protected during the great recession culminating in her becoming the full owner of the business in 2012.

In 2015 Ms. Benn announced her campaign to be the Member of Parliament for Corby focusing on issues such as the EU, immigration and infrastructure. After an extremely close campaign against the Labour incumbent she was elected MP by a margin of 42% compared to the 40% of the vote that the Labour incumbent won. During the campaign Ms. Benn suffered from racial abuse particularly from the UKIP candidate for the constituency who argued that the Conservative Party was more focused on appealing to ethnic minorities than white working class Britons. The UKIP candidate received 18% of the vote.

Since being elected to Parliament Ms. Benn has been mostly quiet but actively engaged with her Constituents to get their stances on issues affecting the UK whilst also holding party engagement in as high a priority. During the EU referendum Ms. Benn became a vocal supporter for the Leave campaign arguing that "The EU was originally a trading bloc and should stay that way." and has said that any economic concerns when Britain leaves the EU will be put to rest due to the UK having more freedom to trade with International parters such as the US. With the results of the referendum announced and the possibility and speculation of a Conservative leadership election brewing in the future Ms. Benn is seen as a likely contender.

Other Info:

Pro-Life but seeks to address the issues that Women face rather than just criminalising abortion.

Pro-Brexit on both economic and social grounds.

Supports increased trading ties with countries outside of the EU.

Believes in keeping the Trident Nuclear deterrent as well as increased focus on increasing the defence budget to 3.5%.

Believes in lowering Corporation tax in order to encourage the growth of British business in a post Brexit UK.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Greater Arab State

Do Not Remove: 84721

A C C E P T E D
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Would it be a good idea for someone like me who wants to play but has a limited knowledge of British politics to play as a member of the Royal Family?
Signatures are just a social construct.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Panira wrote:Would it be a good idea for someone like me who wants to play but has a limited knowledge of British politics to play as a member of the Royal Family?

To be honest I'm not sure if the Royal Family will be playable in the first place.

If it will be then it would be after a decent number of applications have been accepted and the person aplying has a strong posting/Rping record proven in Westminster.

I would suggest applying for a politician or a media figure to work up credentials before moving on to applying for a Royal Family member.

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Alozia wrote:
Panira wrote:Would it be a good idea for someone like me who wants to play but has a limited knowledge of British politics to play as a member of the Royal Family?

To be honest I'm not sure if the Royal Family will be playable in the first place.

If it will be then it would be after a decent number of applications have been accepted and the person aplying has a strong posting/Rping record proven in Westminster.

I would suggest applying for a politician or a media figure to work up credentials before moving on to applying for a Royal Family member.

Fair enough. I think a member of the media will work just fine
Signatures are just a social construct.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm

What’s a good seat for a pro-Brexit Populist Conservative who’s a bit more moderate on social issues?
Die nasty!!111

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Jovuistan wrote:What’s a good seat for a pro-Brexit Populist Conservative who’s a bit more moderate on social issues?

Exactly what I was going to make, except not as populist, they can be friends!
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:What’s a good seat for a pro-Brexit Populist Conservative who’s a bit more moderate on social issues?

Exactly what I was going to make, except not as populist, they can be friends!

If they can tolerate some more heated rhetoric (not on the level of Farage or Trump but still) then they should get along fairly well.
Die nasty!!111

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Tobiasia wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Tobiasia
Character Name: Sir Alexander Tigros
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 47
Character Height: 1.7m
Character Weight: 76kg
Character Position/Role/Job: British Ambassador to the United States of America
Appearance:
(Image)
Character Constituency of Origin: Lewes
Character Constituency of Residence: N/A, currently residing in Washington DC
Character Party Affiliation: officially none, tends to be more left-leaning
Main Strengths: respected, calm, intelligent presence
Main Weaknesses: can be uncharismatic and occasionally undiplomatic
Biography: Alexander Tigros was born in Brighton, Sussex, in 1970. He attended the University of Edinburgh and received a BA in history. After graduation, he entered the diplomatic service, before being posted to Cairo as First Secretary of the mission there in 1998. In 2003 he was appointed Ambassador to Poland. Tigros became highly thought of by the government in Warsaw, and was key in establishing strong British-Polish relations, especially in regards to defense and trade, as well as Poland's accession to the EU. In 2014 he was appointed as the Ambassador to the United States of America, after many in the Coalition, especially Lib Dems, recognized his successful service to the crown.

Tigros has been seen by many in the diplomatic establishment as a logical voice of reason. He isn't as flashy or as charismatic as many ambassadors or figures in the foreign office, however his calmly principled manner has won him cross-party support in the UK. He has spent the last 2 years trying to maintain strong US-UK relations in the wake of the Brexit vote, to some success. He has performed excellently in managing tricky diplomatic issues, and is a strong advocate of the 'special relationship'. In 2017 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours List. He lives in Washington DC with his wife Helena and two children Max and Jeremy.
Other Info: Tigros has good relations with both the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition, and is well trusted by the Foreign Office.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: (Your Nation's Name Here)

OOC: I have also lodged an application on the Washington political RP thread

Considering Brexit happened less than a year ago it would be impossible for him to work for the last two years on improving the relationship after brexit. Perhaps he could work on establishing future trade relations in a shorter time span or have that as a future goal?
Last edited by Alozia on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm

-
Last edited by Alozia on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:53 am

Alozia wrote:
Tobiasia wrote:
(Image)

Appearance:
(Image)
Biography: Alexander Tigros was born in Brighton, Sussex, in 1970. He attended the University of Edinburgh and received a BA in history. After graduation, he entered the diplomatic service, before being posted to Cairo as First Secretary of the mission there in 1998. In 2003 he was appointed Ambassador to Poland. Tigros became highly thought of by the government in Warsaw, and was key in establishing strong British-Polish relations, especially in regards to defense and trade, as well as Poland's accession to the EU. In 2014 he was appointed as the Ambassador to the United States of America, after many in the Coalition, especially Lib Dems, recognized his successful service to the crown.

Tigros has been seen by many in the diplomatic establishment as a logical voice of reason. He isn't as flashy or as charismatic as many ambassadors or figures in the foreign office, however his calmly principled manner has won him cross-party support in the UK. He has spent the last 2 years trying to maintain strong US-UK relations in the wake of the Brexit vote, to some success. He has performed excellently in managing tricky diplomatic issues, and is a strong advocate of the 'special relationship'. In 2017 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours List. He lives in Washington DC with his wife Helena and two children Max and Jeremy.
Other Info: Tigros has good relations with both the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition, and is well trusted by the Foreign Office.

Considering Brexit happened less than a year ago it would be impossible for him to work for the last two years on improving the relationship after brexit. Perhaps he could work on establishing future trade relations in a shorter time span or have that as a future goal?

Ok sure I’ll edit it, is it alright apart from that?
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Hypnoss
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypnoss » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 am

NS Nation Name: Hypnoss
Character Name: Philip Percival St. Maur
Character Height: 6" 1'
Character Weight: 160 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party (2016 - Present), MP for Clacton (2010 - Present)
Appearance:
Character Constituency of Origin: Clacton
Character Constituency of Residence: Clacton
Character Party Affiliation: United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP)
Main Strengths: Experienced, nothing to lose.
Main Weaknesses: Seen a one-note, dull, unexciting, lack of motivation, rash.
Biography: Born January 28th 1970, to Ralph and Edith St. Maur, a school teacher from Scotland and an English nurse, Philip was raised in a traditionally middle class fashion. He never excelled at his studies, though he was far from incompetent, and his teachers at the time would describe him as a ‘whole unremarkable individual.’ He attended Colbayn’s High School, where he achieved middling results in both his GCSE’s and A-Levels, he would later go on to study History and Law at the University of Kent in Canturbury, where he would earn his degree.

Post-graduation, Philip would see mild success as a lawyer, rising to partner at a local law firm, and cementing himself in the local community. It was during this time that Philip would meet his wife: fellow lawyer Heather Warren, whom he would marry in 2004, and have three children with: James, Anne and Philip Jr. During this period, Philip was an avid member of the Conservative Party, and backed conservative candidates for the Harwich Constituency upon several occasions, though he often found himself unsatisfied with the representation the constituency received.

In 2010, after creation of the constituency of Clacton from the former Harwich constituency, partially at the behest of his wife, Philip ran a campaign to become a member of parliament for Clacton, representing the conservative party and winning a significant victory against his Labour opponent. During his time as MP, Philip would make an effort to engage with his constituents on the issues that mattered to them most, and found a trend of anti-immigrant and anti-european sentiment amongst the elderly and retired population of the constituency. Philip also actively sought a higher position in government, and it was well known that he desired a position in the cabinet, though as a relatively inexperienced MP, he was passed over.

In 2013, a scandal struck Philip when his wife publicly filed for a divorce. Though the reasons were mostly kept private, it was widely suspected that it was due to Philip having an affair with a secretary, a rumour which was substantiated when Philip remarried only a few months after the proceedings were over. This did little to help his image amongst the party, and it looked for a time that he would either step down or lose his place in parliament during the next election.

Instead of allowing his political dreams to disappear due to a single scandal, Philip decided to fight back. Initially he made an active effort to push the alleged infidelity under the rug, though when it appeared that this wouldn’t work he decided upon a different approach. In mid 2014, Philip decided to rebrand along the lines of issues important to the people of his constituency, he defected from the Conservative Party and officially joined the emerging United Kingdom Independence Party. As an act of good faith, he resigned his position as MP, triggering a by-election for Clacton, a move that proved successful, when he was re-elected to his position with a significant margin, becoming the first elected UKIP MP.

Philip was a major supporter of his party’s campaign to leave the European Union, and was reportedly very pleased with the results of the election, though the aftermath was not a pretty sight for UKIP. Following the referendum, UKIP’s previous, very popular leader resigned from office and the party was thrown into chaos. Few people wanted to take the party’s leadership, after-all, it would be hard to retain relevance now that the party’s main objective was achieved. Philip himself was amongst those who tried to avoid the leadership, though as the party’s only MP, he was quickly thrown into the spotlight. He reluctantly accepted the party’s leadership, promising to see that the party’s desire for Brexit was fulfilled and that the Biritish people got what they voted for.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Hypnoss

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 am

Hypnoss wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Hypnoss
Character Name: Philip Percival St. Maur
Character Height: 6" 1'
Character Weight: 160 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party (2016 - Present), MP for Clacton (2010 - Present)
Appearance:
(Image)
Character Constituency of Origin: Clacton
Character Constituency of Residence: Clacton
Character Party Affiliation: United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP)
Main Strengths: Experienced, nothing to lose.
Main Weaknesses: Seen a one-note, dull, unexciting, lack of motivation, rash.
Biography: Born January 28th 1970, to Ralph and Edith St. Maur, a school teacher from Scotland and an English nurse, Philip was raised in a traditionally middle class fashion. He never excelled at his studies, though he was far from incompetent, and his teachers at the time would describe him as a ‘whole unremarkable individual.’ He attended Colbayn’s High School, where he achieved middling results in both his GCSE’s and A-Levels, he would later go on to study History and Law at the University of Kent in Canturbury, where he would earn his degree.

Post-graduation, Philip would see mild success as a lawyer, rising to partner at a local law firm, and cementing himself in the local community. It was during this time that Philip would meet his wife: fellow lawyer Heather Warren, whom he would marry in 2004, and have three children with: James, Anne and Philip Jr. During this period, Philip was an avid member of the Conservative Party, and backed conservative candidates for the Harwich Constituency upon several occasions, though he often found himself unsatisfied with the representation the constituency received.

In 2010, after creation of the constituency of Clacton from the former Harwich constituency, partially at the behest of his wife, Philip ran a campaign to become a member of parliament for Clacton, representing the conservative party and winning a significant victory against his Labour opponent. During his time as MP, Philip would make an effort to engage with his constituents on the issues that mattered to them most, and found a trend of anti-immigrant and anti-european sentiment amongst the elderly and retired population of the constituency. Philip also actively sought a higher position in government, and it was well known that he desired a position in the cabinet, though as a relatively inexperienced MP, he was passed over.

In 2013, a scandal struck Philip when his wife publicly filed for a divorce. Though the reasons were mostly kept private, it was widely suspected that it was due to Philip having an affair with a secretary, a rumour which was substantiated when Philip remarried only a few months after the proceedings were over. This did little to help his image amongst the party, and it looked for a time that he would either step down or lose his place in parliament during the next election.

Instead of allowing his political dreams to disappear due to a single scandal, Philip decided to fight back. Initially he made an active effort to push the alleged infidelity under the rug, though when it appeared that this wouldn’t work he decided upon a different approach. In mid 2014, Philip decided to rebrand along the lines of issues important to the people of his constituency, he defected from the Conservative Party and officially joined the emerging United Kingdom Independence Party. As an act of good faith, he resigned his position as MP, triggering a by-election for Clacton, a move that proved successful, when he was re-elected to his position with a significant margin, becoming the first elected UKIP MP.

Philip was a major supporter of his party’s campaign to leave the European Union, and was reportedly very pleased with the results of the election, though the aftermath was not a pretty sight for UKIP. Following the referendum, UKIP’s previous, very popular leader resigned from office and the party was thrown into chaos. Few people wanted to take the party’s leadership, after-all, it would be hard to retain relevance now that the party’s main objective was achieved. Philip himself was amongst those who tried to avoid the leadership, though as the party’s only MP, he was quickly thrown into the spotlight. He reluctantly accepted the party’s leadership, promising to see that the party’s desire for Brexit was fulfilled and that the Biritish people got what they voted for.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Hypnoss

ACCEPTED

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm

I have posted an article regarding the upcoming French presidential election.

For those new to both Westminster and Washington, I would suggest posting a tweet or two about it in order to tag to the IC.

Also, while this article has been IC-posted on the BBC I will create a fictional news agency in the future.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Answering this question, Wikipedia has a section in their Brexit referendum article you might be interested in.

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 pm

NS Nation Name: Vionna-Frankenlisch
Character Name: Albert Welles
Character Age: 37
Character Height: 6' 1"
Character Weight: 89kg
Character Position/Role/Job: Conservative MP for East Worthing and Shoreham
Appearance:

Character Constituency of Residence: East Worthing and Shoreham
Main Strengths: Well respected and intelligent, a generally persuasive and sensible person if not outright charismatic.
Main Weaknesses: Often judged for his family connections rather than his personal merits. His loyalty to the monarchy makes him seem old-fashioned and can get him into trouble with republicans. Is generally a calm person but can really break down when he's angry. Sometimes seen as too centrist and too militaristic.
Biography:
Born on his family's estate near Lewes in 1980 to Archibald Welles, Marquess of Swanborough and Baron of Firle and Fulking. Albert was groomed for responsibility from a young age. He was educated by tutors until he was ten and then went off to a boarding school in Aberdeenshire. He was quickly recognised as a gifted if not exceptional student, particularly in the humanities and despite a particularly poor scientific education, he passed all of his exams. He studied History and Politics at Cambridge and left at 21 with a Bachelor degree.

His father wished for him to join the army in the tradition of his family and he trained as an infantry officer in 2001. Commissioned as a Captain in the First Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, he saw action in the Invasion of Iraq, a conflict which left him with a rather critical view of America. He served up until 2008, earning the Military Cross for gallantry in the Battle of Basra where he led his company from the front in actions that led to the rescue of multiple sections of the Royal Irish Regiment. He returned from Iraq in 2007 and remained in the army for another year. He was honourably discharged in September 2008 and returned to Lewes to teach history.

He became a member of the Conservative Party in 2009 and stood as a candidate in a Brighton Pavilion by-election following the resignation of the former Labour MP there, a new Labour candidate won the election by a small margin over the Green Party, leaving Albert in third place. In the following year's General Election he took over from the former Conservative MP in East Worthing and Shoreham and won the seat. Since that point, he has been a relatively influential backbencher and especially vocal on matters concerning defence, foreign policy and education. He is a steadfast supporter of the NHS and state education but has various opinions for and against other parts of the welfare system. He has expressed an ambition to become the Secretary of State for Defence and has more than once declared an interest in returning to military life. Despite this, he is a generally respected backbench MP of the Conservative Party who enjoys good personal relations with his peers and is eager to rise further.

He is generally pro-Brexit but has a great deal of concerns over the negative possibilities of Brexit, despite publically endorsing it. A Wyvern loyalist although a wavering one, supports the PM for his aristocratic heratige and economic governance, however, Wyvern's defence cuts has earned him Welles' suspicions and its possible that Welles may turn on him.
Other Info: I don't think so.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Vionna-Frankenlisch

Last edited by Vionna-Frankenlisch on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
New Edom wrote:Unwerth laughed. “Such hen lobsters are the Vionnans. But then, every Vionnan is half a sodomite."

Commissar of Revolutionary Action of the INTERNATIONAL SOCIALIST CONGRESS
Also responsible for Espicuta of Teremara, go check that region out for a friendly crew and a fulfilling MT role-playing experience!

iiWiki

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Ignore

NS Nation Name: Alozia
Character Name: Mary Elizabeth Picquart
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 72
Character Height: 165 cm/ 5’ 5”
Character Weight: 60 kg/132 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: The Chief Whip of the Labour Party (since 2010), MP for Liverpool Walton (since 1983)
Appearance:

Character Constituency of Origin: Liverpool Walton
Character Constituency of Residence: Liverpool Walton
Character Party Affiliation: Labour
Character Traits:
[Strengths]: Calculated,
Pragmatic,
Ambitious,
[Weaknesses]: Might be seen as machiavellian (rightfully so),
Not very publically known due to her mainly working behind the scenes,
Disliked by some of her colleagues due to her position.
Biography:
Early years and education
A native Liverpudlian, Mary E. Picquart was born to a middle class family, being one of five children of John and Anne Picquart. Her youth was fairly uneventful, occupied with hard work on her education which resulted in her admission and later graduation from University of Liverpool. She graduated with first-class honours in law.

Picquart has been involved with politics from an early age due to her father's participation in a trade union. This led her to joining the Labour Party herself in her early twenties. There she had the opportunity to meet a great deal of working class people, a fact she has mentioned a number of times in her career, saying that it was them who inspired her to pursue a political career. What she always failed to mention is that she felt disgust towards many of them, not appreciation. This feeling stemmed from her snobishness and arrgoance towards uneducated working people, which she mannaged to successfully hide. In 1983 she was chosen to replace the retiring incumbent MP who she has previously worked for and was elected to the House of Commons shortly thereafter. There were rumours circulating among some Labour MPs about a potential romance between her and her political mentor, but they have died with the former MP who passed away in 1991.

During the early days of her career Picquart was in opposition to the policies of Margaret Thatcher. Unlike the more radical members of her party she supported Tony Blair and New Labour, including the policies of the War in Iraq. When Gordon Brown became Prime Minister she was offered a position in his cabinet, which she turned down, sensing it's inevitable end at the next general election. After the defeat of the Labour Party in 2010 she became the Chief Whip of the Labour Party and helped in [not-Ed Milliband]'s ascention to the Leadership. When the Party once again lost in 2015 she had to fight for her position, coming out on top after rallying enough centre-left support to be seen as the compromise candidate.

While having been percieved as left-wing and progressive, especially on social issues having supported LGBT rights, in the early stages of her career, Picquart has grown more centrist over time. As is tradition for Whips Mary usually stays silent on political affairs, which had it's downsides. Despite her being a supporter of Britain's membership in the European Union her constituency has voted to leave the community. Describing her views Picquart labeles herself as a "social democrat".

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Alozia

Last edited by Alozia on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Alozia wrote:

Answering this question, Wikipedia has a section in their Brexit referendum article you might be interested in.

To further follow up, South Thanet may be a good constituency, considering the fact that it was there where Nigel Farage ran and almost won in 2015.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Vionna-Frankenlisch wrote:
(Image)

NS Nation Name: Vionna-Frankenlisch
Character Name: Albert Welles
Character Age: 37
Character Height: 6' 1"
Character Weight: 89kg
Character Position/Role/Job: Conservative MP for East Worthing and Shoreham
Appearance:

Character Constituency of Residence: East Worthing and Shoreham
Main Strengths: Well respected and intelligent, a generally persuasive and sensible person if not outright charismatic.
Main Weaknesses: Often judged for his family connections rather than his personal merits. His loyalty to the monarchy makes him seem old-fashioned and can get him into trouble with republicans. Is generally a calm person but can really break down when he's angry. Sometimes seen as too centrist and too militaristic.
Biography:
Born on his family's estate near Lewes in 1980 to Archibald Welles, Marquess of Swanborough and Baron of Firle and Fulking. Albert was groomed for responsibility from a young age. He was educated by tutors until he was ten and then went off to a boarding school in Aberdeenshire. He was quickly recognised as a gifted if not exceptional student, particularly in the humanities and despite a particularly poor scientific education, he passed all of his exams. He studied History and Politics at Cambridge and left at 21 with a Bachelor degree.

His father wished for him to join the army in the tradition of his family and he trained as an infantry officer in 2001. Commissioned as a Captain in the First Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, he saw action in the Invasion of Iraq, a conflict which left him with a rather critical view of America. He served up until 2008, earning the Military Cross for gallantry in the Battle of Basra where he led his company from the front in actions that led to the rescue of multiple sections of the Royal Irish Regiment. He returned from Iraq in 2007 and remained in the army for another year. He was honourably discharged in September 2008 and returned to Lewes to teach history.

He became a member of the Conservative Party in 2009 and stood as a candidate in a Brighton Pavilion by-election. In the following year's General Election he took over from the former Conservative MP in East Worthing and Shoreham and won the seat. Since that point, he has been a relatively influential backbencher and especially vocal on matters concerning defence, foreign policy and education. He is a steadfast supporter of the NHS and state education but has various opinions for and against other parts of the welfare system. He has expressed an ambition to become the Secretary of State for Defence and has more than once declared an interest in returning to military life. Despite this, he is a generally respected backbench MP of the Conservative Party who enjoys good personal relations with his peers and is eager to rise further.
Other Info: I don't think so.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Vionna-Frankenlisch

Considering the importance of the somewhat recent referendum, could you perhaps add something about that? Also, there hasn't been a by-election in the Constituency you mentioned. Pleas If you could, add something about the circumstances of said election happening and it's result (I'm assuming he hadn't won).

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Tobiasia wrote:
(Image)

Appearance:
(Image)

Tigros has been seen by many in the diplomatic establishment as a logical voice of reason. He isn't as flashy or as charismatic as many ambassadors or figures in the foreign office, however his calmly principled manner has won him cross-party support in the UK. He has spent the last 2 years trying to maintain strong US-UK relations particularly focusing on trade and security. He has performed excellently in managing tricky diplomatic issues, and is a strong advocate of the 'special relationship'. In 2017 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours List. He lives in Washington DC with his wife Helena and two children Max and Jeremy.

Could you clarify what do you mean by what I underlined? In 2003 Poland was well on it's way into the EU.

Also, his character strengths seem to somewhat nullify his weaknesses. If you could, add a weakness or describe him being undiplomatic. Perhaps an example of a situation where he lost his calmness?

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Alozia wrote:
Vionna-Frankenlisch wrote:-snip-

Considering the importance of the somewhat recent referendum, could you perhaps add something about that? Also, there hasn't been a by-election in the Constituency you mentioned. Pleas If you could, add something about the circumstances of said election happening and it's result (I'm assuming he hadn't won).

Apologies, I know there hasn't been a by-election in Brighton Pavilion, I added it to give him slightly more political history but I should have asked if events like that could be added in. I have edited the application, adding his basic Brexit views and providing some details on this fictional by-election. If you wish me to remove it then I shall.
New Edom wrote:Unwerth laughed. “Such hen lobsters are the Vionnans. But then, every Vionnan is half a sodomite."

Also responsible for Espicuta of Teremara, go check that region out for a friendly crew and a fulfilling MT role-playing experience!

iiWiki

Berenborg
Civilian

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Berenborg » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 pm

NS Nation Name: Berenborg
Character Name: Winston Parke MP
Character Age: 55
Character Height: 1.81m
Character Weight: 83 kg
Character Position/Role/Job: Member of Parliament for Wantage
Appearance: (Photo preferred, not required)

Character Constituency of Origin: Wantage
Character Constituency of Residence: Wantage
Main Strengths: Powerful orator, feared by his opponents for his ruthless questionning and sharp arguments
Main Weaknesses: Perhaps as a result, has a tendency to speak before he thinks, making him say things he can later regret.
Biography:

Born in 1973 in a medium income family of Oxfordshire to a quintessentially british father and a naturalised Kenyan mother, Winston Parke spent most of his childhood and teenage years in Farringdon, UK. Victim of racial bullying in early primary school, he was moved to St Hugh's Prep aged 8 and continued his school years there eventlessly.

After successful A-levels he was admitted to Balliol College at Oxford in 1990 and studies a History and Politics BA. After graduating, Parke briefly attended the Bank of England's graduate program and made himself a new passion for economics. In 1995 he applies for a Master in Economics and Politics at the London School of Economics, and graduated in 1998. He re-entered the Bank of England in a more senior position in 1998, and worked there eventlessly until a promotion in 2001 to Deputy-Governor for Monetary Policy.

In 2004, sensing an opportunity to climb the ranks, Parke resigned from the Bank of England and managed to be seated as the Conservative candidate for Wantage's seat at the House of Commons. after the 2005 election he becomes a backbencher for the Conservative party. During the same year he chooses the wrong side of the leadership election and chose to support opponents of Wyvern's "One Nation" conservatism with "Progressive Conservatism". Due to Wyvern's victory, Parke was confined to the backbench despite interesting Prime Minister Question appearances. When Wyvern became Prime Minister in 2010, Parke got no promotion and remained on the backbench, a situation that continued after 2015.

In 2016 he campaigns for a "beneficial Brexit" and claims Britain should negotiate her way out in a way that allows her to benefit from most of the EU's perks without the disadvantages.
With the fall of Wyvern, Parke is hoping to strike his revenge and get closer to the despatch box than ever.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Berenborg

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Alozia wrote:
Tobiasia wrote:
(Image)

Appearance:
(Image)

Tigros has been seen by many in the diplomatic establishment as a logical voice of reason. He isn't as flashy or as charismatic as many ambassadors or figures in the foreign office, however his calmly principled manner has won him cross-party support in the UK. He has spent the last 2 years trying to maintain strong US-UK relations particularly focusing on trade and security. He has performed excellently in managing tricky diplomatic issues, and is a strong advocate of the 'special relationship'. In 2017 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours List. He lives in Washington DC with his wife Helena and two children Max and Jeremy.

Could you clarify what do you mean by what I underlined? In 2003 Poland was well on it's way into the EU.

Also, his character strengths seem to somewhat nullify his weaknesses. If you could, add a weakness or describe him being undiplomatic. Perhaps an example of a situation where he lost his calmness?

Sure

I’m gonna change Poland to Romania and say Tigros helped Romania join the EU (2007) and NATO (2004).

(Just updated the application)
Last edited by Tobiasia on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Any good Conservative constituencies for a Wilson-type character?
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:11 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Any good Conservative constituencies for a Wilson-type character?

How would you describe 'Wilson-type'?

iiWiki

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Tobiasia wrote:
Alozia wrote:Could you clarify what do you mean by what I underlined? In 2003 Poland was well on it's way into the EU.

Sure

I’m gonna change Poland to Romania and say Tigros helped Romania join the EU (2007) and NATO (2004).

(Just updated the application)

You have added the example of him losing his calmness, but haven't done the change.

The more details your application has, the better. Where there perhaps any complications that came as a result of his comments? Also, I'm quite sceptical of bipartisan support/support from a number of different political options in general. If you could add something about his relationship with the PM and the leader of the oppositon, that would be helpful. The latter should be quite easy, considering their shared background.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse