NATION

PASSWORD

Westminster 2017: The UK Political RP Pt. I OOC (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Nova Urbinum wrote:Hey, cool idea. Just one thing: That quote isn't actually a FDR quote :/

After all these years I wouldn't have expected to fall for a fake quote. Yet here I am.

You're right. I'll find a suitable replacement as soon as possible.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Nova Urbinum
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Urbinum » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Alozia wrote:
Nova Urbinum wrote:Hey, cool idea. Just one thing: That quote isn't actually a FDR quote :/

After all these years I wouldn't have expected to fall for a fake quote. Yet here I am.

You're right. I'll find a suitable replacement as soon as possible.

Haha good on you for being a champ about it. I love the way this RP looks.

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Mistolia
Character Name: Hon. Edgar Alexander Itchington-Barley LLB FRCO
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 45
Character Height: 6'
Character Weight: 80kg
Character Position/Role/Job: MP for Tunbridge Wells, Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor
Appearance: Image but slightly younger
Character Constituency of Origin: Tunbridge Wells
Character Constituency of Residence: Tunbridge Wells
Character Party Affiliation: Conservative
Main Strengths: Intelligent, good strategic thinker, witty and likeable in person, extensive knowledge of law and parliamentary procedure and precedent
Main Weaknesses: Considered to have virtually no popular appeal, secretive and reserved, comes off as aloof and condescending in interviews and in public, alcoholic, not trusted by public or party
Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)

Born in 1972 as the second son of aristocrat and army officer Viscount Barley and socialite Eleanor FitzDavid, Edgar grew up in a country home not far from that famous bastion of 'Middle England', Tunbridge Wells. Edgar attended Westminster School in London, where he was both a choirboy and an organ scholar. Edgar's father died when he was 15 in a riding accident, leaving the Viscountcy - and most of the estate - to Edgar's older brother, Peregrine, who had always been their father's favourite, while Edgar had been favoured by their mother. The brothers were not close, nor were their parents. Edgar gained almost straight As at O Level, and three As at A Level, in History, English Literature and Latin. Edgar was then organ scholar at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where he studied Law, before going on to train as a lawyer with Lincoln's Inn. During his career as a barrister, Edgar was organist at the Church of St Mary le Bow in London. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Organists in 1999. Edgar married in 1995, and has two children - Edward (12) and Lucia (9).

Edgar joined the Conservative Party in 2001, and became MP for Tunbridge Wells in the 2005 election, with a sizeable majority. He became a trusted voice on legal issues in Parliament, and would often give advice to the leadership of the Conservative Party. By the time of the 2010 election, Edgar was an influential figure in the Conservative Party, leading a small group of liberal-conservative MPs. Edgar had suffered from excessive drinking since he was a student in his last year at Westminster, and this became more of an issue as his legal career progressed. Although he considers himself a member of the Church of England, Edgar hasn't attended church since 2000. His organ skills have been neglected.

After the Conservative Party victory in 2010, Edgar was made Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor, and served as a loyal member of Archibald Wyvern's cabinet. Edgar campaigned for Remain in the referendum, although he made few public appearances, preferring to write long opinion pieces for The Times. After the remain defeat, Edgar was one of the last to call for Wyvern's removal, and has fallen out of favour with his fellow Conservatives for refusing to take part in any pro-leave government. His position in the government is very insecure.

Other Info:

Socially Liberal: Pro-Gay rights, Pro-Choice, Pro-trans rights
Economics: Generally pushes a return to Keynesian style policies, privately objected to austerity policies
Brexit: Very pro-remain, supports greater European Integration
NHS: Supports increasing privatisation of the NHS, with a system of state-provided health insurance instead
Defence: Supports increased defence spending, and renewal of Trident
Environment: Has kept quiet, but voted in favour of pro-environment policies

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Mistolia

Do Not Remove: 84721
Hi my list of interests on my profile is too long and incomplete

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 pm

I suppose I will read up on UK politics to create a character.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

I may be wrong, but registering a candidate right now might be too early.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Alozia wrote:I may be wrong, but registering a candidate right now might be too early.

Whoops, sorry.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:43 am

NS Nation Name: Granluras
Character Name: Brendan Muirhead
Character Age: 38
Character Height: 5’8.25”
Character Weight: 167 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Employee at NatWest (2001-2007); Employee of the SNP Treasury (2007-2016); Assistant Manager for the NatWest Paisley Branch (2007-2015); MSP for Renfrewshire South (2016-present); Treasurer of the SNP (2017-present)
Appearance:

Character Constituency of Origin: Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland
Character Constituency of Residence: Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland; Office Location: Johnstone, Scotland
Character Party Affiliation: Scottish National Party
Main Strengths: Young, seen as a fresh face by the SNP; experienced in finance and economics; moderate Scottish regionalist; descendant of early SNP leader; ambitious (could be a weakness too, as he has endorsed and created a few outlandish bills); sociable; has an appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers due to extended family (uncle owns farm); very proficient when it comes technology
Main Weaknesses: Seen by some as an ally of Big Banks; closeted Soft Eurosceptic; hasn’t created much of a bipartisan record; oratory skills are not extraordinary; somewhat of a royalist; has gotten drunk some times (and I mean Scottish level drunkenness); hasn’t traveled far beyond Scotland

Biography: Brendan was born on July 9, 1978. His father was James Muirhead, the grandson of Roland Muirhead, the 2nd President of the Scottish National Party. His mother was Jamesine Bontine, was a Chairlady of the Edinburgh Society for Women’s Suffrage and a Secretary of Margaret Ewing. Brendan had a normal childhood, but one which was politicized due to his father’s Scottish nationalist heritage, and his mother’s political activities. Brendan was interested in debates and politics at an early age as a result, and began trying to join debate clubs or any similar groups at his school.

However, as time went on he was dissuaded from politics as he felt like it didn’t fall in line with his personality. As the years passed and he entered high school, Brendan began developing an interest in his future profession, finances. He took up relevant elective classes and performed satisfactory in them all. Upon graduation, Brendan enrolled into the University of West Scotland. He began studying Business & Finance their, seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in the subject. He graduated in 1999, equipped with a Bachelor’s and his eye set on NatWest, one of Scotland’s most prestigious banking/financial services company.

Brendan became an employee for NatWest in 2001, working for the Paisley-based West Scotland branch of the company. He worked there, performing very proficiently - a quality that did not go unappreciated or unrecognized by his superiors - in his duties, for six years. After two promotions, the second of which elevated him to the position of Senior Financial Planning Manager. In 2007, he was promoted for the third time to the position of Assistant Manager. Around the same time, he joined the SNP as a member of the Party Treasury. He was also proficient in his duties in the SNP, dealing with party finances with ingenuintive methods and sometimes outsourcing to NatWest.

While Brendan had originally planned not to become political, despite his position in the SNP, he slowly became politicized. He began to develop political views, in 2012 he officially joined the SNP, and he was increasingly persuaded by his colleauges to run in the 2016 general election. In the summer of 2015, he made his decision, and with the assistance of the former Treasurer of the SNP, Owen Kerr, he became the SNP Candidate for the Refrewnshire Constiutency. While lacking name recognition, his unique style, political positions, and youthfulness were well-recieved by his constituents, and his popularity began to increase.

By the last week of April, 2016, the week before the election, Brendan was polling ahead of his Labour and Conservative opponents. Brendan won 57.5% of the vote, being sworn in on the 12 of May. Brendan was assigned to the Finance and Constitution Committee, using his decade plus of experience to perform as the Committee’s most efficient member. As the Committee had a Chairman already, and he was popular, Brendan could not be given that position. Instead, the SNP leadership deliberated and presented him with the role of Treasurer of the SNP.

Brendan accepted the position and began working as Treasurer on August 22, 2016. Since then, Brendan has carried out his parliamentary duties swiftly; promoted his political views - building a caucus around him; and has sought the position of party leader, believing he can instill a new age of politics in the SNP that will satisfy both the nationalists and unionists.

Other Info: Begins speaking in a thick Scottish accent when angry/excited; dating, not married
I apologize if this seems like a “Hotshot” app, but I just wanted Brendan to have the “fresh face” characteristic, as stated in the main strengths. As a result, I had to squeeze in his positions and that’s why it might look like he is the always successfully, fast rising type of character. But he isn’t supposed to be. So hopefully you don’t hold that against me and can accept this app.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Granluras

Ok, time to mess with the Anglos le epic style
Last edited by Granluras on Fri May 31, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nova Urbinum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Urbinum » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm

NS Nation Name: Nova Urbinum
Character Name: William Farfrae MP
Character Age: 55 years of age
Character Height: 6'1 ft
Character Weight: 183 lbs
Character Position: Unionist MP for Lagan Valley
Character Constituency of Origin: East Belfast
Character Constituency of Residence: Lagan Valley
Character Party Affiliation: Unionist
Main Strengths: Successful orator, popular with Ulstermen for his sharp and strong rhetoric, educated, strong-willed, staunchly anti-republican
Main Weaknesses: Self-centered, authoritarian, narrow-minded, stubborn, shady personal/political history.
Biography: WIP
Other Info: WIP

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Nova Urbinum

Told you I'd make an app soon enough :p

time to finally get some good old unionism in here

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Nova Urbinum wrote:
(Image)

Main Strengths: Successful orator, popular with Ulstermen for his sharp and strong rhetoric, educated, strong-willed, staunchly anti-republican
Main Weaknesses: Self-centered, authoritarian, narrow-minded, stubborn, shady personal/political history.

Sorry about this but if I may which Unionist Party is he from?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Nova Urbinum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Urbinum » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Nova Urbinum wrote:
(Image)

Sorry about this but if I may which Unionist Party is he from?

Oh, sorry, should've been more clear about this.

He's part of Ian Paisley's DUP. I don't reckon that the UUP would actually gain seats in Ulster...

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am

ello
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:12 am

Ok, I'm back.
Mistolia wrote:
(Image)

Character Position/Role/Job: MP for Tunbridge Wells, Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor
Appearance: (Image) but slightly younger
Main Strengths: Intelligent, good strategic thinker, witty and likeable in person, extensive knowledge of law and parliamentary procedure and precedent
Main Weaknesses: Considered to have virtually no popular appeal, secretive and reserved, comes off as aloof and condescending in interviews and in public, alcoholic, not trusted by public or party

Born in 1972 as the second son of aristocrat and army officer Viscount Barley and socialite Eleanor FitzDavid, Edgar grew up in a country home not far from that famous bastion of 'Middle England', Tunbridge Wells. Edgar attended Westminster School in London, where he was both a choirboy and an organ scholar. Edgar's father died when he was 15 in a riding accident, leaving the Viscountcy - and most of the estate - to Edgar's older brother, Peregrine, who had always been their father's favourite, while Edgar had been favoured by their mother. The brothers were not close, nor were their parents. Edgar gained almost straight As at O Level, and three As at A Level, in History, English Literature and Latin. Edgar was then organ scholar at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where he studied Law, before going on to train as a lawyer with Lincoln's Inn. During his career as a barrister, Edgar was organist at the Church of St Mary le Bow in London. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Organists in 1999. Edgar married in 1995, and has two children - Edward (12) and Lucia (9).

Edgar joined the Conservative Party in 2001, and became MP for Tunbridge Wells in the 2005 election, with a sizeable majority. He became a trusted voice on legal issues in Parliament, and would often give advice to the leadership of the Conservative Party. By the time of the 2010 election, Edgar was an influential figure in the Conservative Party, leading a small group of liberal-conservative MPs. Edgar had suffered from excessive drinking since he was a student in his last year at Westminster, and this became more of an issue as his legal career progressed. Although he considers himself a member of the Church of England, Edgar hasn't attended church since 2000. His organ skills have been neglected.

After the Conservative Party victory in 2010, Edgar was made Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor, and served as a loyal member of Archibald Wyvern's cabinet. Edgar campaigned for Remain in the referendum, although he made few public appearances, preferring to write long opinion pieces for The Times. After the remain defeat, Edgar was one of the last to call for Wyvern's removal, and has fallen out of favour with his fellow Conservatives for refusing to take part in any pro-leave government. His position in the government is very insecure.

Other Info:

Economics: Generally pushes a return to Keynesian style policies, privately objected to austerity policies
NHS: Supports increasing privatisation of the NHS, with a system of state-provided health insurance instead

Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condecending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation.

Granluras wrote:
(Image)

Character Position/Role/Job: Employee at NatWest (2001-2007); Employee of the SNP Treasury (2007-2016); Assistant Manager for the NatWest Paisley Branch (2007-2015); MSP for Renfrewshire South (2016-present); Treasurer of the SNP (2017-present)
Appearance: (Image)
Character Constituency of Residence: Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland; Office Location: Johnstone, Scotland
Main Strengths: Young, seen as a fresh face by the SNP; experienced in finance and economics; moderate Scottish regionalist; descendant of early SNP leader; ambitious (could be a weakness too, as he has endorsed and created a few outlandish bills); sociable; has an appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers due to extended family (uncle owns farm); very proficient when it comes technology
Main Weaknesses: Seen by some as an ally of Big Banks; closeted Soft Eurosceptic; hasn’t created much of a bipartisan record; oratory skills are not extraordinary; somewhat of a royalist

Biography: Brendan was born on July 9, 1978. His father was James Muirhead, the grandson of Robert Muirhead, the 2nd President of the Scottish National Party. His mother was Jamesine Bontine, was a Chairlady of the Edinburgh Society for Women’s Suffrage and a Secretary of Margaret Ewing. Brendan had a normal childhood, but one which was politicized due to his father’s Scottish nationalist heritage, and his mother’s political activities. Brendan was interested in debates and politics at an early age as a result, and began trying to join debate clubs or any similar groups at his school.

However, as time went on he was dissuaded from politics as he felt like it didn’t fall in line with his personality. As the years passed and he entered high school, Brendan began developing an interest in his future profession, finances. He took up relevant elective classes and performed satisfactory in them all. Upon graduation, Brendan enrolled into the University of West Scotland. He began studying Business & Finance their, seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in the subject. He graduated in 1999, equipped with a Bachelor’s and his eye set on NatWest, one of Scotland’s most prestigious banking/financial services company.

Brendan became an employee for NatWest in 2001, working for the Paisley-based West Scotland branch of the company. He worked there, performing very proficiently - a quality that did not go unappreciated or unrecognized by his superiors - in his duties, for six years. After two promotions, the second of which elevated him to the position of Senior Financial Planning Manager. In 2007, he was promoted for the third time to the position of Assistant Manager. Around the same time, he joined the SNP as a member of the Party Treasury. He was also proficient in his duties in the SNP, dealing with party finances with ingenuintive methods and sometimes outsourcing to NatWest.

While Brendan had originally planned not to become political, despite his position in the SNP, he slowly became politicized. He began to develop political views, in 2012 he officially joined the SNP, and he was increasingly persuaded by his colleauges to run in the 2016 general election. In the summer of 2015, he made his decision, and with the assistance of the former Treasurer of the SNP, Owen Kerr, he became the SNP Candidate for the Refrewnshire Constiutency. While lacking name recognition, his unique style, political positions, and youthfulness were well-recieved by his constituents, and his popularity began to increase.

By the last week of April, 2016, the week before the election, Brendan was polling ahead of his Labour and Conservative opponents. Brendan won 57.5% of the vote, being sworn in on the 12 of May. Brendan was assigned to the Finance and Constitution Committee, using his decade plus of experience to perform as the Committee’s most efficient member. As the Committee had a Chairman already, and he was popular, Brendan could not be given that position. Instead, the SNP leadership deliberated and presented him with the role of Treasurer of the SNP.

Brendan accepted the position and began working as Treasurer on August 22, 2016. Since then, Brendan has carried out his parliamentary duties swiftly; promoted his political views - building a caucus around him; and has sought the position of party leader, believing he can instill a new age of politics in the SNP that will satisfy both the nationalists and unionists.

Other Info: I apologize if this seems like a “Hotshot” app, but I just wanted Brendan to have the “fresh face” characteristic, as stated in the main strengths. As a result, I had to squeeze in his positions and that’s why it might look like he is the always successfully, fast rising type of character. But he isn’t supposed to be. So hopefully you don’t hold that against me and can accept this app.

Being seen as establishmentarian could be added as another weakness considering his great-grandfather.

Not sure if "appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers" is a strength or a weakness, to be honest.

I think it's also important to note that there was no general election in 2016.

A weakness or two could be added.

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 am

Alozia wrote:Ok, I'm back.
Mistolia wrote:
(Image)

Other Info:

Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condecending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation.

Main Strengths: Intelligent, good strategic thinker, extensive knowledge of law and parliamentary procedure and precedent

Other Info:

Yeah, my bad, I didn't make that clear enough. I've removed the bit about him being witty and likeable in person, as the aloof bit is more important. I was more going for someone who can get along with people privately (despite remaining reserved - he doesn't generally make close friendships with other politicians), but who is generally pretty useless with the general public.
Last edited by Mistolia on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 am

Granluras wrote:
(Image)

Appearance: (Image)
Main Weaknesses: Seen by some as an ally of Big Banks; closeted Soft Eurosceptic; hasn’t created much of a bipartisan record; oratory skills are not extraordinary; somewhat of a royalist

Biography: Brendan was born on July 9, 1978. His father was James Muirhead, the grandson of Robert Muirhead, the 2nd President of the Scottish National Party. His mother was Jamesine Bontine, was a Chairlady of the Edinburgh Society for Women’s Suffrage and a Secretary of Margaret Ewing. Brendan had a normal childhood, but one which was politicized due to his father’s Scottish nationalist heritage, and his mother’s political activities. Brendan was interested in debates and politics at an early age as a result, and began trying to join debate clubs or any similar groups at his school.

Other Info: I apologize if this seems like a “Hotshot” app, but I just wanted Brendan to have the “fresh face” characteristic, as stated in the main strengths. As a result, I had to squeeze in his positions and that’s why it might look like he is the always successfully, fast rising type of character. But he isn’t supposed to be. So hopefully you don’t hold that against me and can accept this app.

Being seen as establishmentarian could be added as another weakness considering his great-grandfather.

Not sure if "appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers" is a strength or a weakness, to be honest.

“Being seen as an establishmentarian could be added as another weakness considering his great-grandfather.”
Perhaps, but he hasn’t benefited too much, his grandfather was a politician, but not nearly as great of one; and his father was a brewer, not much influence comes from that industry. So I’m not sure if he could be seen as one who has risen to popularity through the establishment.

“Not sure if "appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers" is a strength or a weakness, to be honest“
The Scots and SNP are kind of environmentalist. So it might be somewhat of a strength. I could always just put it in the Other Info section, if you insist.

“I think it’s important to note there wasn’t a general election in 2016.”
Uh och aye thaur was. swatch reit haur, ye glaikit sassenach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Scot ... t_election
*angry bagpipe noises*

“A weakness or two could be added.”
Alright, I’ll try to think of some.

Dat it?
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Mistolia wrote:

Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condescending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation. Character Information Sheet[/align]

Main Strengths: Intelligent, good strategic thinker, extensive knowledge of law and parliamentary procedure and precedent

Other Info:

Yeah, my bad, I didn't make that clear enough. I've removed the bit about him being witty and likeable in person, as the aloof bit is more important. I was more going for someone who can get along with people privately (despite remaining reserved - he doesn't generally make close friendships with other politicians), but who is generally pretty useless with the general public.

Excuse me sir, what did you do to my NationStates?

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Alozia wrote:
Mistolia wrote:Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condescending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation. Character Information Sheet[/align]

Other Info:

That is what I was wondering as well.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Yeah what the hell just happened
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Alozia wrote:
Mistolia wrote:Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condescending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation. Character Information Sheet[/align]

Other Info:

I think it's the spoilers in the post.

Mistolia could you just edit your post to include only your responce (without the quotation and especially spoiler tags)?
Last edited by Alozia on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Granluras wrote:

“Being seen as an establishmentarian could be added as another weakness considering his great-grandfather.”
Perhaps, but he hasn’t benefited too much, his grandfather was a politician, but not nearly as great of one; and his father was a brewer, not much influence comes from that industry. So I’m not sure if he could be seen as one who has risen to popularity through the establishment.

“Not sure if "appreciation of environmental concerns and farmers" is a strength or a weakness, to be honest“
The Scots and SNP are kind of environmentalist. So it might be somewhat of a strength. I could always just put it in the Other Info section, if you insist.

*angry bagpipe noises*

Dat it?

Oh, I read MSP as MP, my bad.

I'll look further into the app tommorrow.

In the meantime I urge Mistolia to fix their post.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Alozia wrote:
Granluras wrote:

*angry bagpipe noises*

Dat it?

Oh, I read MSP as MP, my bad.

I'll look further into the app tommorrow.

In the meantime I urge Mistolia to fix their post.

Alrighty then.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condescending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation.

Other Info:

I apologise for what I have done, and I hope you shall find it in your hearts to forgive me for my crimes against the internet.
Last edited by Mistolia on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 pm

WHAT IS HAPPENING AAAAAAAHHH
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Mistolia wrote:Some of his strengths and weaknesses seem to contradict themselves, at least partially. He's said to be witty and likeable in person while also being reserved and secretive? Also, if he's witty and likeable how does he come off as condescending during interviews? Is it him being stressed or anxious to be in front of a camera? Either way this could use further explanation.

Other Info:

I apologise for what I have done, and I hope you shall find it in your hearts to forgive me for my crimes against the internet.

This seems better. Could you however edit your original response to fully compensate for your crimes?

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 am

Ok I think I have sorted out the original reply. I can't possibly work out what had actually gone wrong.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 am

Mistolia wrote:Ok I think I have sorted out the original reply. I can't possibly work out what had actually gone wrong.

Warlock!
Reminiscence

est. 2018

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse