NATION

PASSWORD

I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way (OOC). [Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Biscaria wrote:So in how many days is the Choate's zepellin supposed to come?

I am thinking that Day 5 of the roleplay (early morning) will have the Zeppelin arrive only for the evacuation to be hindered by the fact the city is being invaded.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Update 4: Chapters of Arc One

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:45 pm

So chapter one will have a timeskip occur once the fugee king quest is dealt with, and the vileblood quest gets underway. Basically the characters will board the bus back to the refugee district they came from only for it to be attacked as the sun has set. Obviously to keep up appearances people including Luca cannot just go awol (yet). So after the sun has set I am thinking of the feral matriarch, and her jolly gang of immortal children, and ravenous ghouls attacking the city after the sun has set. This will happen as unrest in the downtown district is growing so the protestors will be too busy distracting the police, and military for them to notice her...at first.

Chapter 2 will covers day 2, and 3 as the city starts going under pressure as the ghoul horde gets ever closer, and the downtown recovers from deaths, and waves of ravenous ghoulification brought on by the matriarch. There will be other quests ongoing I am sure, but I am thinking the main sub plot will be hunting her, and the rest of the ferals down. Chapter 3 will cover day 4, and the final battle with the matriarch, and her "children" in their crypt/resting place. Unfortunately that won't be the end of everyones problems as the Columbians will desperately start using artillery to slow down the ghouls who will be only a few miles away. As dawn breaks down in Chapter 4 (Day 5) the city will begin to be invaded as otherworldly forces appear causing chaos with the Zeppelin evacuations.

After that, the second arc will begin (the invasion/fall).
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 am

I've currently got the Choates trying to book it to the Hills District before the Day 1 curfew hits, though I can put it off until Day 2 if that's best for the story. I'm thinking that they might be able to get involved in the Vigil of Death quest at some point, since they're going up there anyway, they should know people in the Hills (neighbors), and Nell has some personal experience with death (her mother dying not long before the second rising, and her father dying now).

Also, remember that Mrs. Walcott's going to be waiting for Nelson back at the refugee district. ; )
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Birkin is going full ironman/scarface up in this place...so this should be fun.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Biscaria wrote:I've currently got the Choates trying to book it to the Hills District before the Day 1 curfew hits, though I can put it off until Day 2 if that's best for the story. I'm thinking that they might be able to get involved in the Vigil of Death quest at some point, since they're going up there anyway, they should know people in the Hills (neighbors), and Nell has some personal experience with death (her mother dying not long before the second rising, and her father dying now).

Also, remember that Mrs. Walcott's going to be waiting for Nelson back at the refugee district. ; )

I figure it would be best to allow the Choates to explore the Hills for the day, and see how different it is compared to the oppressive conditions in the other areas. That said, a friend in the area with enough push can offer to allow you stay, but something drives your characters back to refugee district (such as getting your things). I figure that way everyone will be back on the bus heading to the refugee district, and the Matriarch makes her appearance at the end of the chapter attacking the bus.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Decided to forward some time for the sake of the choates, and allow them entrance into the upper hills district, and hit them both with a very different feel compared to the rest of the city. That said the fugee king mission, and the vileblood mission are on different times for the moment.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:22 pm

The "Fugee King" has lost four lieutenants. It shouldn't be long before there is a revolt.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Flarbinia wrote:The "Fugee King" has lost four lieutenants. It shouldn't be long before there is a revolt.

Indeed.

My next post is pretty much him going crazy, and ranting at his guards in the still (as of the moment) fortified townhouse. It will take a bit to get up as I have to make up time for delaying completing an application in another roleplay. That said before I go to bed I will have it up in a decent format.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 am

The "Fugee King" is dead and what is left of the Lupo Family now controls Refugee District 2. It is only a matter of time before Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano begins expanding his empire.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Flarbinia wrote:The "Fugee King" is dead and what is left of the Lupo Family now controls Refugee District 2. It is only a matter of time before Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano begins expanding his empire.

I guess I need to make a post officially addressing the end of the quest, and updating the quests in general.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Some new quests are going to open up, and it appears Sopranos reign will have some actually decent competition.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Basically the latest post involves groups who are sending a personal message to the Choates, and given Nells background...this opens up some avenues for exploration on her end.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:34 am

A crucifixion scene was the last thing Nell expected to find in their house, and in my next post she's not going to be happy at all. Should she know what group did this from New England? Also could you elaborate what you mean about, "keeping their heads downs or beginning a fight to rectify what had happened here?" What types of actions would these paths include?
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:45 am

Biscaria wrote:A crucifixion scene was the last thing Nell expected to find in their house, and in my next post she's not going to be happy at all. Should she know what group did this from New England? Also could you elaborate the part about, "keeping their heads downs or beginning a fight to rectify what had happened here?"

I suppose in regards to New England, and its history of diverse occult influence especially due to the authors who come from that area it may not be a specific group Nell knows. Given that Nell's father was someone of high importance, and the civil government has fallen into occult hands or has been dissolved altogether it could be operatives working to keep you silent. The crucifixion in part is a threat of what could happen to Nell if she fights back, and loses. The last thing the occultists need is to let some politically connected upstart ride back with an army of fresh volunteers to try, and restore back a government of legitimacy.
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:51 am

One more thing: is the scene fresh? How dry is the blood?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:55 am

Biscaria wrote:One more thing: is the scene fresh? How dry is the blood?

In regards to whether the kills actually took place there?

Given the types of groups who would go to the effort of erecting a blasphemous ritual site in someones home...I would say they like it relatively fresh. The upper hills district is full of occult sympathizers who don't mind having to rent out certain spaces to their groups to have certain deeds committed. Of course this last little tidbit will become plot relevant later on since the upper hills district will be dominated by two primary groups i.e. The Order of Death, and the Grey Seers.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:02 am

One more thing thing to note for everyone involved since this is plot relevant. As the city begins to experience an occultic invasion...expect things to get really weird. This is primarily due to the invading forces pretty much destroying any "universal laws" that prevent full on eldritch entities from ravaging the mortal plane. For those interested in magic it would be a good time to start learning since you will have to try even harder to learn it when said entities leave. As the human population drops the magical concentration will get higher, and higher until the finale event chain (the blood moon).

So sure humans are dying out, and others are basically sacrificing them to eldritch entities in a chance for some reward, but look at the bright side....you get more magical abilities to use. Just be careful to not let it take over as the finale kicks in...since it can be quite addicting if you overuse it, and have to fulfill your contract certain ways.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Benuty wrote:One more thing thing to note for everyone involved since this is plot relevant. As the city begins to experience an occultic invasion...expect things to get really weird. This is primarily due to the invading forces pretty much destroying any "universal laws" that prevent full on eldritch entities from ravaging the mortal plane. For those interested in magic it would be a good time to start learning since you will have to try even harder to learn it when said entities leave. As the human population drops the magical concentration will get higher, and higher until the finale event chain (the blood moon).

So sure humans are dying out, and others are basically sacrificing them to eldritch entities in a chance for some reward, but look at the bright side....you get more magical abilities to use. Just be careful to not let it take over as the finale kicks in...since it can be quite addicting if you overuse it, and have to fulfill your contract certain ways.

Bees dying of sickness, nothing growing that you would want to eat, eldritch abominations concealed by constant fog weird?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:39 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Benuty wrote:One more thing thing to note for everyone involved since this is plot relevant. As the city begins to experience an occultic invasion...expect things to get really weird. This is primarily due to the invading forces pretty much destroying any "universal laws" that prevent full on eldritch entities from ravaging the mortal plane. For those interested in magic it would be a good time to start learning since you will have to try even harder to learn it when said entities leave. As the human population drops the magical concentration will get higher, and higher until the finale event chain (the blood moon).

Bees dying of sickness, nothing growing that you would want to eat, eldritch abominations concealed by constant fog weird?

In a way yes especially on that last part.

The holidays has made me rather busy, but I should be able to get a post up in response to Sean’s request for information soon.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:46 pm

TLDR

The nightclub is the remains of what would have been featured in the original roleplay. I decided to choose an ending where Nelson Andrews, and company managed to put the horror asleep temporarily. Basically the horror is a god corrupted beyond repair warped into a being that requires sustenance via emotion. The horror has chosen at least in recent history to feed off of the emotions of the souls it traps in the nightclubs, but for much of its history gave its cultists gifts of power or immortality in order to inflict war, cruelty, and misery. The Horror has no comprehensible form in our reality, and has to be given permission to occupy a host. Not just any host, but one born in war, cruelty, and misery.

For most of history you could only be granted weapons by a patron deity if you were proven worthy enough to fight the "horror", and even then this would only buy humanity a few hundred years of "peace". Eventually the horror got tired of this constant cycle, and decided to invest in greedy, and powerhungry humans promising them rewards in exchange for trapping other humans. By the 1700s this turned into entertainment clubs, and by the time of the original roleplay it became nightclubs. The trapped souls are used as "guests", and "staff" to create a welcoming environment in the club, and all the while have no idea they are trapped.

Those in charge of the various afterlives became pissed, and decided to curse the horror with a weakness. Basically you free the trapped souls into the afterlife, and those in charge grant you access to relics that can for a time when used render the horror vulnerable to death (if done right). Nelson was able to wound the horror with the aid of others, but only enough for it to retreat somewhere safe for a deep slumber. Until the horrible events of this year the surviving cult members were basically nursing their master after relocating the host to Oklahoma City. Now its awaken, and the "horror" is trying to satisfy a ten year appetite of emotion it has missed out on.

Basically freeing the souls grants you access to relics that can hurt, and even kill the "horror" under the right circumstances. This is going to be a multi-part questline that will take some time, and is a bit more than run, and gun.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:07 am

Due to the original roleplay involving Jessica Dunn as the leader of the local "order of death" chapter it will be no surprise I decided to keep it a family business. In this roleplay the Dunns manage the regional branch of a global organization, and this organization overall tends to despise occultist groups for their tribal minded thinking. All other occult groups or just magic related groups are typically bound to locales ranging from small towns, regions, nations, and maybe a continent. Both groups that deal in the occult or magic are tied to specific rites, objects, deities, commands, and dictates that serve as their guide or cause of inspiration. The Order of Death rejects the tribalism in place of a global organization, and faith emphasizing using of their avatars as weapons, and rulers in order to mold them into a god that has yet to be born (Death).

On another note when they do hits or rituals its for a purpose other than just vanity such as what was done in the Choates house which they despise. That said occult groups for the most part are willing to abide by the masquerade. The order merely wants to use that curtain until it can be dissolved, and their order can be instituted globally.
Last edited by Benuty on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:40 pm

The Fitzgerald "house rule" is that they don't use slaves, and prefer visitors to leave their slaves at home.
Last edited by Biscaria on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Benuty wrote:TLDR

The nightclub is the remains of what would have been featured in the original roleplay. I decided to choose an ending where Nelson Andrews, and company managed to put the horror asleep temporarily. Basically the horror is a god corrupted beyond repair warped into a being that requires sustenance via emotion. The horror has chosen at least in recent history to feed off of the emotions of the souls it traps in the nightclubs, but for much of its history gave its cultists gifts of power or immortality in order to inflict war, cruelty, and misery. The Horror has no comprehensible form in our reality, and has to be given permission to occupy a host. Not just any host, but one born in war, cruelty, and misery.

For most of history you could only be granted weapons by a patron deity if you were proven worthy enough to fight the "horror", and even then this would only buy humanity a few hundred years of "peace". Eventually the horror got tired of this constant cycle, and decided to invest in greedy, and powerhungry humans promising them rewards in exchange for trapping other humans. By the 1700s this turned into entertainment clubs, and by the time of the original roleplay it became nightclubs. The trapped souls are used as "guests", and "staff" to create a welcoming environment in the club, and all the while have no idea they are trapped.

Those in charge of the various afterlives became pissed, and decided to curse the horror with a weakness. Basically you free the trapped souls into the afterlife, and those in charge grant you access to relics that can for a time when used render the horror vulnerable to death (if done right). Nelson was able to wound the horror with the aid of others, but only enough for it to retreat somewhere safe for a deep slumber. Until the horrible events of this year the surviving cult members were basically nursing their master after relocating the host to Oklahoma City. Now its awaken, and the "horror" is trying to satisfy a ten year appetite of emotion it has missed out on.

Basically freeing the souls grants you access to relics that can hurt, and even kill the "horror" under the right circumstances. This is going to be a multi-part questline that will take some time, and is a bit more than run, and gun.

Looks like Sean Rockwell is going to have his hands full.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Biscaria wrote:The Fitzgerald "house rule" is that they don't use slaves, and prefer visitors to leave their slaves at home.

Oh I understood what you meant by that part of your post. All that said Sir Dunn's slaves are going to have their handful with other important matters.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 pm

So that latest post was basically a sure fire way to encourage the Choates to head back to the refugee district. I will respond to Allister, and Seans posts with plot relevant replies later on after church. Speaking of which after having looked it up the sunset for March 17th, 1962 in our world was at 6:39 pm.

So I plan on having the matriarch, and a gang of vileblood/ghouls start hunting shortly after the sun goes down, and the bus attack will occur shortly afterwords. I plan for it to be the boss battle for chapter one, but not the only time the players will fight the matriarch though since the crypt still has to be found, and dealt with.
Last edited by Benuty on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse