NATION

PASSWORD

I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way (OOC). [Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Benuty wrote:Pretty much the latest post is plot relevant since this mode of secrecy will be kept even as the military is replaced by factions who are picking fights over the ruins of the city. Rest assured explore the city on the quests while you can because traveling won't be as "easy" come the second week. Basically any paths, stations or walkways you use could be covered by the bits, and pieces of ruined skyscrapers or turned into active warzones for only the suicidally brave to traverse.

Good to know.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:27 pm

So apparently I forgot to put Soprano in the list of characters, and even mention Dalria's characters in my latest post...whoops.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Benuty wrote:So apparently I forgot to put Soprano in the list of characters, and even mention Dalria's characters in my latest post...whoops.

We all forget something sometimes.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 pm

Roster mistake fixed.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Benuty wrote:Roster mistake fixed.

You mean that "cool" smirk emoji wasn't actually on the test? I swore it was there as something the outpost people put in to lighten the mood.

Also, Dalria's characters are still not mentioned.
Last edited by Biscaria on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Biscaria wrote:
Benuty wrote:Roster mistake fixed.

You mean that "cool" smirk emoji wasn't actually on the test? I swore it was there as something the outpost people put in to lighten the mood.

Also, Dalria's characters are still not mentioned.

The smirk emoji is a bit of an error on the part of the site as it interpets a bracket, and an eight together as a emoji formula. That said I am going to mention their characters in my upcoming post which will be up shortly. The emoji smirk has plagued me for years, and often I will use different types of brackets or letters to get around it.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 am

Another addition to the color coding, and sure to be everyones favorite (not). That said it does give everyone a legitimate excuse to leave the heavily restricted refugee districts if only for a bit, and gain some experience doing so.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:41 am

How's the climate in the affluent neighborhoods right now?
Last edited by Biscaria on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 am

tag
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Biscaria wrote:How's the climate in the affluent neighborhoods right now?

I can imagine the rich partying while being indifferent to the suffering of those outside the affluent neighborhoods. Basically Masque of the Red Death in the 1960's.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:tag

Hello there.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Flarbinia wrote:

I can imagine the rich partying while being indifferent to the suffering of those outside the affluent neighborhoods. Basically Masque of the Red Death in the 1960's.

Pretty much this albeit it is also because the wealthy neighborhoods have a higher concentration of occultists as well. Your regular grunt certainly isn't going to have the time to build vast sanctuaries, and fund the occult chapter networks across a region now are they? Only the rich can truly afford to do such a thing truth be told.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:09 pm

The different areas right now are suffering under the military to differing degrees outside of the upper hills district which is the wealthy local elite neighborhood. Outside of using military personnel as security the area for all intents, and purposes is unmolested in terms of day to day affairs.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Flarbinia, did you make a post? I swear you did, and it seems to be gone.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Benuty wrote:Flarbinia, did you make a post? I swear you did, and it seems to be gone.

Yes, but I deleted it because it didn't sound right.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Flarbinia, did you make a post? I swear you did, and it seems to be gone.

Yes, but I deleted it because it didn't sound right.

Oh, well I ask because I was going to make a post in response to everyones, but went to a ballet earlier so had to wait on doing it. Just post when you can since people won't be leaving yet. In the matter of Sudbrazil, and Dalria I won't have the trolley wait on them, and will get everyone downtown so they can start doing quests or whatever they want until curfew. I will just have another trolley come by, and get them once they get back on the forums. This way the roleplay doesn't die because of their absence, and they may be gone due to necessary reasons.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm

Benuty wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:Yes, but I deleted it because it didn't sound right.

Oh, well I ask because I was going to make a post in response to everyones, but went to a ballet earlier so had to wait on doing it. Just post when you can since people won't be leaving yet. In the matter of Sudbrazil, and Dalria I won't have the trolley wait on them, and will get everyone downtown so they can start doing quests or whatever they want until curfew. I will just have another trolley come by, and get them once they get back on the forums. This way the roleplay doesn't die because of their absence, and they may be gone due to necessary reasons.

Good call.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Update 3: The Affliction

Postby Benuty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 pm

The Affliction

Something is going wrong in Oklahoma City, and I do not just mean the fact the world is ending. A strange disease is spreading across parts of the city, and has finally appeared downtown. It spreads by contaminated water at first, and you first feel slightly under the weather, but a strange rash appears around your neck. Soon strange bubules are all around your face, and neck as you are bleeding out of your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. It spread throughout some of the slave quarters two weeks ago, and the military burned them...alive, but now it is spreading everywhere.

If you think someone is infected do not get anywhere near them as all it takes is one drop entering you for the infection to transmit. Its easy enough to tell if a water source is infected as there will be infected people, but some of the infected are desperate, and try to hide their symptoms. If caught they will desperately try to take you out to avoid being discovered, but the damndest thing is that whatever is afflicting them doesn't kill them...instead they begin to merge. Once enough people are infected they will begin to merge into one being, and if this city is ever put under attack the "merged being" could spread out of control, and assimilate all living material at its leisure. Take care, watch the water, and burn anything that is infected...don't risk your health people.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Benuty wrote:
The Affliction

Something is going wrong in Oklahoma City, and I do not just mean the fact the world is ending. A strange disease is spreading across parts of the city, and has finally appeared downtown. It spreads by contaminated water at first, and you first feel slightly under the weather, but a strange rash appears around your neck. Soon strange bubules are all around your face, and neck as you are bleeding out of your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. It spread throughout some of the slave quarters two weeks ago, and the military burned them...alive, but now it is spreading everywhere.

If you think someone is infected do not get anywhere near them as all it takes is one drop entering you for the infection to transmit. Its easy enough to tell if a water source is infected as there will be infected people, but some of the infected are desperate, and try to hide their symptoms. If caught they will desperately try to take you out to avoid being discovered, but the damndest thing is that whatever is afflicting them doesn't kill them...instead they begin to merge. Once enough people are infected they will begin to merge into one being, and if this city is ever put under attack the "merged being" could spread out of control, and assimilate all living material at its leisure. Take care, watch the water, and burn anything that is infected...don't risk your health people.

Looks like Luca's paranoia is a blessing in disguise.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Basically an entire family of vampires is going to be at the head of the quest "Life Within the Blood I".

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:06 am

Benuty wrote:Basically an entire family of vampires is going to be at the head of the quest "Life Within the Blood I".

Welp… Looks like I'm going to need a lot of bullets

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Labstoska wrote:
Benuty wrote:Basically an entire family of vampires is going to be at the head of the quest "Life Within the Blood I".

Welp… Looks like I'm going to need a lot of bullets

Indeed.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Basically the dirty cop has like three men in what is prototype riot gear harassing, and charging at Luca, and his men to corall them. The sniper is the one doing actual damage though, but Birkin nor the King know why the sisters were so eager to use their place as the "bait area". The King is an unstable individual, and will likely try to execute someone for failure, and treason (publicly). This may or may not be an opportune time to assassinate him should the Sisters crew, and Lucas crew emerge from the tunnels safehouse. I mean its a hell of a way to make a public statement, but its easier just to assassinate him at the head (the townhouse), and far safer in terms of casualties.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 am

Nell asks about her siblings, and I expect the answer is going to be pretty ambiguous.
Rob is short for Robert. Nate for Nathaniel. Delia for Cordelia. Izzy for Isidora.
Delia and Izzy are both married to New England gentlemen.

Siblings
Robert Putnam lives in Boston, MA. Head of Putnam Co. (industrial product company). Married Sarah Bradlee, with two boys.
Nathaniel Putnam lives in Ipswich, MA. He is a congressman of the Essex district. Married Anne Appleton, with one daughter.
Cordelia Putnam Almy lives in Salem, MA. Wife of department store scion. Married James Almy, with one boy, three girls.
Isidora Putnam Hale lives in Hartford, CT. Wife of minor government official. Married Thomas Hale, no children.
Last edited by Biscaria on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:17 am, edited 12 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 pm

So in how many days is the Choate's zepellin supposed to come?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse