NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:34 am

New Tussia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Interesting, it does give Mikhail's dad some sympathy in establishing him as more than just the town drunk. Harb would need to give his judgement first since its already been established how the Denson and Dorian clans were the prevalent ones to protect Woodview.

Edit: Wait, Mikhail found a bunker? In his mother's house that got sold before he arrived?

He found it while walking in the woods behind it and he hit it with his foot.

Oh...

New Tussia wrote:Mikhail

Mikhail had borrowed an old friend's car and decided to go check out his old house since it was the morning.

He was looking around when, suddenly, he hit something metal with his foot.
"What the actual f*ck?"
He moved around some brush and found a metal door. A metal trap door to be more specific.

Yeah totally missed that somehow. Is he near Alban and Rita?

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 am

Most likely he is a mile or two away.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

Do Alban and Mikhail know each other?

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

Nope.
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 am

Well then it looks like Mikhail might become a rogue element not part of Mayor Denson's plan, if he really did hold a key to an underground armoury. My best guess at the moment is the Densons or Dorians perhaps were involved in some capacity with this organisation - that either got disbanded making Mikhail the first new one of his generation or reformed and Mikhail just came across weapons owned and hidden away by the Densons or Dorians.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:20 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Well then it looks like Mikhail might become a rogue element not part of Mayor Denson's plan, if he really did hold a key to an underground armoury. My best guess at the moment is the Densons or Dorians perhaps were involved in some capacity with this organisation - that either got disbanded making Mikhail the first new one of his generation or reformed and Mikhail just came across weapons owned and hidden away by the Densons or Dorians.

This town is just like one giant conspiracy.
It's like an Area 51 situation.
Dang, this could be a tv show now that I think about it.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 am

New Tussia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Well then it looks like Mikhail might become a rogue element not part of Mayor Denson's plan, if he really did hold a key to an underground armoury. My best guess at the moment is the Densons or Dorians perhaps were involved in some capacity with this organisation - that either got disbanded making Mikhail the first new one of his generation or reformed and Mikhail just came across weapons owned and hidden away by the Densons or Dorians.

This town is just like one giant conspiracy.

It would work well as a show.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:25 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
New Tussia wrote:This town is just like one giant conspiracy.

It would work well as a show.

Yeah I'd bing watch this to the end.
I think I'd know a few people who would too.
This has a Supernatural type feel to it.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 am

New Tussia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:It would work well as a show.

Yeah I'd bing watch this to the end.

I'd binge it too.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:26 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
New Tussia wrote:Yeah I'd bing watch this to the end.

I'd binge it too.

Think we're past the first act into the middle?

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:37 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'd binge it too.

Definitely.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

Definitely.

Nice. That's usually the most exciting part, I think.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Definitely.

Nice. That's usually the most exciting part, I think.

Oftentimes, yes.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Its somewhat cathartic to play a relatively 'good' person like Rita after playing as Marco for a while.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm pleased to see activity revitalized :) and yes this would make a great TV show ^_^

I approve of this proposed organization but- will say that the dynamic of the town will become more complicated. As brought up regarding the Densons and Dorians this organization would be outside both of them and to add to that - come in to conflict with at least the Densons and maybe the Dorians as well but Danc hasn't been on in awhile for me to know in that regard so we'd have to adapt if he stays gone longer. Since Alban's character is outside the campfire group I'll be pleased to discuss with him in more detail where the organization fits in the setting.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'm pleased to see activity revitalized :) and yes this would make a great TV show ^_^

I approve of this proposed organization but- will say that the dynamic of the town will become more complicated. As brought up regarding the Densons and Dorians this organization would be outside both of them and to add to that - come in to conflict with at least the Densons and maybe the Dorians as well but Danc hasn't been on in awhile for me to know in that regard so we'd have to adapt if he stays gone longer. Since Alban's character is outside the campfire group I'll be pleased to discuss with him in more detail where the organization fits in the setting.

The organization would have included (at one point) Mikhail's father. Alban is more or less connected to the native Americans who had once been in the town.

The organization would, most likely, have been connected to the Dorians or Densons because, well, they know a lot about the supernatural aspects of the town.
And, since Mikhail's past is dark and those parts are more secret they would fit right in with all this story.
The organization is more or less a possibility because I haven't yet unveiled what is inside of the bunker.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:37 am

Crazy idea here - time travel.

Here me out, we can have Chief Reynolds realise Mikhail has uncovered something he shouldn't, something that could threaten Denson control and he becomes preoccupied trying to track him down and deal with him before he causes trouble (distracting him from finding Rita).
Say that he knows about this organisation, to some extent involved in its dissolution and aware of the truth behind Mikhail's father whom he's painted as a raging town drunk he beat up.

Mikhail becomes the target of the Chief's manhunt in a series of escalating encounters until they're both accidentally caught up in a supernatural aspect of the Ghostwoods that sends them into the past, forcing the two to work together to find a way back and Reynolds is made to come to terms with the questionable deeds he carried out for the Densons.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Crazy idea here - time travel.

Here me out, we can have Chief Reynolds realise Mikhail has uncovered something he shouldn't, something that could threaten Denson control and he becomes preoccupied trying to track him down and deal with him before he causes trouble (distracting him from finding Rita).
Say that he knows about this organisation, to some extent involved in its dissolution and aware of the truth behind Mikhail's father whom he's painted as a raging town drunk he beat up.

Mikhail becomes the target of the Chief's manhunt in a series of escalating encounters until they're both accidentally caught up in a supernatural aspect of the Ghostwoods that sends them into the past, forcing the two to work together to find a way back and Reynolds is made to come to terms with the questionable deeds he carried out for the Densons.

Well, it poses the risk of altering the present (which would be strange but this is a strange town) - though it's tempting to allow.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Sorry I haven't been very active lately. I won't be active for a few more days because I have a HUGE English paper due Friday at midnight. Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:50 pm

I get up a post tomorrow, since I don't have school on Fridays. I make a post for Carl.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:09 pm

I see Codagh CTEd 13 days ago. What is to be done? There was going to be a plot point around Luke's lost journal which will be found by Alban and Rita soon enough.

And what is the status of Danceria?

--------

Harbertia wrote:Well, it poses the risk of altering the present (which would be strange but this is a strange town) - though it's tempting to allow.

1). What if it ensures the present, their actions inadvertently create the circumstances for present day.

2). It doesn't interfere with the present since their historical adventure is mostly self-contained and managed not to alter the past in any way that mattered to Woodview's current state. Or not so historical, maybe they're sent just a day earlier, to the night of the campfire - they retroactively become present in the background and connected to some events - such as where the panther came from or what happened to Alban's missing associate who left him in the woods.

3). Or they do change the present and can remember both timelines but realise the current present is just one of multiple diverging iterations.

Or none at all, just throwing some loose ideas around really.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I see Codagh CTEd 13 days ago. What is to be done? There was going to be a plot point around Luke's lost journal which will be found by Alban and Rita soon enough.

--------

Harbertia wrote:Well, it poses the risk of altering the present (which would be strange but this is a strange town) - though it's tempting to allow.

1). What if it ensures the present, their actions inadvertently create the circumstances for present day.

2). It doesn't interfere with the present since their historical adventure is mostly self-contained and managed not to alter the past in any way that mattered to Woodview's current state. Or not so historical, maybe they're sent just a day earlier, to the night of the campfire - they retroactively become present in the background and connected to some events - such as where the panther came from or what happened to Alban's missing associate who left him in the woods.

3). Or they do change the present and can remember both timelines but realise the current present is just one of multiple diverging iterations.

I suppose those three work. I do like the 3rd. Not sure what is to be done, Danceria hasn't said a word since announcing their return and our cast has deminished. I can only play so many NPCs (considering this RP and others I am in)- I can't take on all the roles.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I see Codagh CTEd 13 days ago. What is to be done? There was going to be a plot point around Luke's lost journal which will be found by Alban and Rita soon enough.

--------

I suppose those three work. I do like the 3rd. Not sure what is to be done, Danceria hasn't said a word since announcing their return and our cast has deminished. I can only play so many NPCs (considering this RP and others I am in)- I can't take on all the roles.

I want to do what I can to help - I'm certain I can keep up with this one RP at least and I'm willing to adopt an NPC (or two or more if necessary, as long as I can understand who they are).

We have... who I can remember from the top of my mind...

1. Silas, loyal but mysterious Denson henchman.

2. Mayor Denson, friend or foe?

3. Robert Jr, Will's no-nonsense seemingly humourless older brother.

Anyone of them could be fun I think, which one can I adopt?

There's also the question of Lucas - who will play out his role now or should we wait to see if Codagh will be refounded?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Harbertia wrote:I suppose those three work. I do like the 3rd. Not sure what is to be done, Danceria hasn't said a word since announcing their return and our cast has deminished. I can only play so many NPCs (considering this RP and others I am in)- I can't take on all the roles.

I want to do what I can to help - I'm certain I can keep up with this one RP at least and I'm willing to adopt an NPC (or two or more if necessary, as long as I can understand who they are).

There's also the question of Lucas - who will play out his role now or should we wait to see if Codagh will be refounded?

I think you can play Lucas very well though you may tire of the role due to Lucas-Marco conversations. As for those three I would like to keep influence regarding them due to plot centrality. However, I do love the idea of you putting a spin on them :grin: Like Robert or Silas or even the Mayor- you'd do awesome in those roles. Though Silas and the Mayor have secrets I'm not ready to devulge to you. Robert Jr. on the other hand- I have the least issue with you taking on his role.

EDIT: Unless you want to be my co-op since Danceria has been inactive.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I think you can play Lucas very well though you may tire of the role due to Lucas-Marco conversations. As for those three I would like to keep influence regarding them due to plot centrality. However, I do love the idea of you putting a spin on them :grin: Like Robert or Silas or even the Mayor- you'd do awesome in those roles. Though Silas and the Mayor have secrets I'm not ready to devulge to you. Robert Jr. on the other hand- I have the least issue with you taking on his role.

EDIT: Unless you want to be my co-op since Danceria has been inactive.

I would have to play Lucas as his own individual rather than the target of Marco's irrational ire, although I can't entirely ignore it either. An interesting new challenge, I would have to do the character justice, not someone who only exists towards one person. He's an interesting character given his backstory, which is quite possibly the most intense one. I'll need some time to get into his mindset first. But I look forward to playing as him.

I'm a little intimidated at the prospect of being a co-op however, I'm always afraid of running by a bad idea and potentially ruining something, hence I function better under OP oversight and would prefer to wait for Danceria to return.... eventually... any time now... as I'm waiting... perpetually... oh well its a not technically a large RP to begin with, maybe it can function fine with just an OP until Danceria eventually returns... someday.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse