NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Danceria wrote:> That's not what the Dorians shot

Oh bugger

We're screwed... or we would have been had Schizo-Fritz not bought us time.

RIP Mad German of the Ghostwoods, you were a peculiar figure we barely knew yet you let that beast chase and presumably kill you just to save the rest of us. Not sure if that was brave, more likely just plain crazy.

Heroism and Suicidal Selflessness go hand and hand- to place one's life at risk for another is not something one who values their life highly can do.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:44 am

Harbertia wrote:
We're screwed... or we would have been had Schizo-Fritz not bought us time.

RIP Mad German of the Ghostwoods, you were a peculiar figure we barely knew yet you let that beast chase and presumably kill you just to save the rest of us. Not sure if that was brave, more likely just plain crazy.

Heroism and Suicidal Selflessness go hand and hand- to place one's life at risk for another is not something one who values their life highly can do.

I see... and most people are naturally inclined to value their own life, to not do so seems incomprehensible to me.

Man... now I do kind of feel bad that we just up and left a mental patient stranded in the middle of the monster woods, even though he was way too suspicious to be trusted.

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 am

Sorry for the lack of activity, life popped up and I couldn't get to a computer. Everything's back to normal, though. So... now to catch up on what I missed...

[edit]

Holy crap...
Last edited by Codagh on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 am

Codagh wrote:Sorry for the lack of activity, life popped up and I couldn't get to a computer. Everything's back to normal, though. So... now to catch up on what I missed...

[edit]

Holy crap...

Yeah I just realized you have like 4 whole pages to catch up to.

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:26 am

Codagh wrote:Sorry for the lack of activity, life popped up and I couldn't get to a computer. Everything's back to normal, though. So... now to catch up on what I missed...

[edit]

Holy crap...

Not too bad... But what happened in those pages?? Dang...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:40 am

Codagh wrote:

We went for a walk in the woods. Marco's paranoia and suspicion of Lucas lingered (he thinks Lucas might have killed his own mom) then a crazy German guy shows up out of nowhere.

Marco thinks he's trouble so tries to get Lucas to approach him first hoping something bad will happen to him.

Then a Water Panther shows up and everyone runs away, Marco seizes the chance to hurt Lucas and get away with it by elbowing him in the ribs during the chaotic frenzy.

The Mad German uses himself as bait to lure the monster away, Marco is confused at feeling good at the thought of hurting Lucas and thinks Monty feels similarly for leaving the Mad German alone to die horribly, then he looks into the monster's eyes and has a small breakdown inside Carl's truck where he, Will and Carl (and the puppy) are all at.

I'm not sure if its physically well.. feasible for Lucas to run ahead of everyone back to the woods and into town. Everyone else is actually going towards some Dorian estate to chill out before going to the police. Don't worry about the journal though, I'm sure that Mad German will find it.

Monty's car is still vacant, every other vehicle is being driven off. Weird, its like Marco seemed to be the only one even thinking of Lucas.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:41 am

Codagh wrote:

We went for a walk in the woods. Marco's paranoia and suspicion of Lucas lingered (he thinks Lucas might have killed his own mom) then a crazy German guy shows up out of nowhere.

Marco thinks he and Lucas might be in cahoots so tries to get Lucas to approach him first hoping something bad will happen to him.

Then a Water Panther shows up and everyone runs away, Marco seizes the chance to hurt Lucas and get away with it by elbowing him in the ribs during the chaotic frenzy.

The Mad German uses himself as bait to lure the monster away, Marco is confused at feeling good at the thought of hurting Lucas and thinks Monty feels similarly for leaving the Mad German alone to die horribly, then he looks into the monster's eyes and has a small breakdown inside Carl's truck where he, Will and Carl (and the puppy) are all at.

I'm not sure if its physically well.. feasible for Lucas to run ahead of everyone back to the woods and into town. Everyone else is actually going towards some Dorian estate to chill out before going to the police. Don't worry about the journal though, I'm sure that Mad German will find it.

Monty's car is still vacant, every other vehicle is being driven off. Weird, its like Marco seemed to be the only one even thinking of Lucas.

Oh no, I mean the stuff that happened in the four pages... Dang it was intense... Also, that's why I worded it how I did. Gives me time to think, and no matter when y'all get there, you made it before Lucas.
Last edited by Codagh on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 am

Codagh wrote:

Marco thinks he and Lucas might be in cahoots so tries to get Lucas to approach him first hoping something bad will happen to him.

Oh no, I mean the stuff that happened in the four pages... Dang it was intense... Also, that's why I worded it how I did. Gives me time to think, and no matter when y'all get there, you made it before Lucas.

It seems there was an entry in Lucas's journal that he didn't remember writing - what entry was it?

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 am

Codagh wrote:

It seems there was an entry in Lucas's journal that he didn't remember writing - what entry was it?

Guess we'll have to wait and see ;)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 am

So apparently we're all not going to the Dorian place (Blackroof, what is that again?) but instead to the police station?

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:00 am

I actually misread the posts, so I'm gonna edit mine to reflect Lucas running to Blackroof.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am

Codagh wrote:I actually misread the posts, so I'm gonna edit mine to reflect Lucas running to Blackroof.

You didn't actually misread per se - you see Donny originally suggested getting to Blackroof - Will agreed with this but then Carl insisted they go the police station instead. So... yeah I think there might be a disagreement and uncertainty over whether the cast will stay together for one location or split into two locations.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am

So far, Alban has survived by running and tricking out the monster. Now, he's found a road. Now, there's three options for Mikhail to come in:
1. The group meets him at the police station b/c he's collecting inheritance and he does not know that much about what his mom did.
2. The group run into him near the police station for some reason.
3. Someone in the group recognizes his car.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:37 am

New Tussia wrote:So far, Alban has survived by running and tricking out the monster. Now, he's found a road. Now, there's three options for Mikhail to come in:
1. The group meets him at the police station b/c he's collecting inheritance and he does not know that much about what his mom did.

Monty and Donny seem to be heading for Blackroof, Will and Marco are in Carl's truck who wants to go to the police station and Evan just said he'll meet them in town.

Not sure if we're all going the same place or not.

Edit: Unless Will somehow convinces Carl not to go to the police and follow Donica to Blackroof Manor.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

New Tussia wrote:So far, Alban has survived by running and tricking out the monster. Now, he's found a road. Now, there's three options for Mikhail to come in:

Monty and Donny seem to be heading for Blackroof, Will and Marco are in Carl's truck who wants to go to the police station and Evan just said he'll meet them in town.

Edit: Unless Will somehow convinces Carl not to go to the police and follow Donica to Blackroof Manor.

Actually Don wants to go to the police.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Actually Don wants to go to the police.

Oh so we're all going to the police? Like travelling to them or skipping right to them? Will we be role-playing as police characters?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Harbertia wrote:Actually Don wants to go to the police.

Oh so we're all going to the police? Like travelling to them or skipping right to them? Will we be role-playing as police characters?

Well, almost all.

I figured I'd give time for the others to high tale it away from the monster- but if it feels like we have then yes we'll skip over to it. I think I'll handle the police characters for this one but if ya'll want to yeah- ya'll can indeed take on such a role.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Once again, I fail to see how a schizophrenic managed to outrun a what is basically a bigger badder cougar that was literally considered the harbringer of death by native american tribes. It takes away from the overall threat level of a monster if all you have to do to avoid it is turn right at one point. Which, once again, shouldn't really matter as it's a big cat basically, meaning it's a smell hunter. Even if it lost Alban it would find him again real quickly. If anything the beast should be stalking him from the nearby woods.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Once again, I fail to see how a schizophrenic managed to outrun a what is basically a bigger badder cougar that was literally considered the harbringer of death by native american tribes. It takes away from the overall threat level of a monster if all you have to do to avoid it is turn right at one point. Which, once again, shouldn't really matter as it's a big cat basically, meaning it's a smell hunter. Even if it lost Alban it would find him again real quickly. If anything the beast should be stalking him from the nearby woods.

I am inclined to agree - we cannot diminish the threat posed by this creature and reduce it to some Scooby Doo ghost that can be run from. Unfortunately that means that the poor doctor has to be well... viciously mauled to death. He could be kept alive if he has to be but not because he's good at surviving these things but because the creature is either toying with him or using him to lure out those who would return for him.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:18 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will yelled back into the cab "You drive to the police station and report this, you're going to end up at Blackroof in about 2 hours anyways, we might as well just go there now and deal with my father without having the police call him in the middle of the night. Trust me, they'll find the guy, we just need to report it to the right place."

He sat back in the truck and took the moment to breath, relaxing a bit.

Robert Jr.

Hearing the sudden cry out front had set the whole house on alert. Junior had leaped out of bed, and after making sure that his parents were all right, ran to the upstairs armory and loaded a shotgun with silver slugs. Running downstairs, he found a young man standing out on the porch. Slamming open the front door he yelled at Lucas "HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM NOW. YOUR TRESPASSING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND I AM WITHIN MY RIGHTS TO END YOUR SORRY EXCUSE FOR A LIFE."

Lucas just can't catch a break :lol2:

I love escalation... but hey um is Will like totally not noticing Marco next to Carl?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will yelled back into the cab "You drive to the police station and report this, you're going to end up at Blackroof in about 2 hours anyways, we might as well just go there now and deal with my father without having the police call him in the middle of the night. Trust me, they'll find the guy, we just need to report it to the right place."

He sat back in the truck and took the moment to breath, relaxing a bit.

Robert Jr.

Hearing the sudden cry out front had set the whole house on alert. Junior had leaped out of bed, and after making sure that his parents were all right, ran to the upstairs armory and loaded a shotgun with silver slugs. Running downstairs, he found a young man standing out on the porch. Slamming open the front door he yelled at Lucas "HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM NOW. YOUR TRESPASSING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND I AM WITHIN MY RIGHTS TO END YOUR SORRY EXCUSE FOR A LIFE."

I love escalation... but hey um is Will like totally not noticing Marco next to Carl?

More of, he just doesn't see a need to really to talk to a man in a mental breakdown.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:51 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

More of, he just doesn't see a need to really to talk to a man in a mental breakdown.

That... makes sense.

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:51 am

The talking dog and what the dog was saying plays into an idea I had briefly for the journal entry Lucas didn't write.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Codagh wrote:The talking dog and what the dog was saying plays into an idea I had briefly for the journal entry Lucas didn't write.

Wow really? That's awesome, we're like connecting the whole mythos together.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:02 pm

I was about to say, Jar, your post is a trip but- ok hahaha
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse