NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Inb4 there's some bald barkeep offering a drink and some graham crackers.

I don't get the reference.

Jack Torrence is the main antagonist of "the Shining" aka "Here's Johnny!" guy. He got crazy after encountering an apparition of a barman in the hotel the Torrence family resided in. He snarkily said that he would sell his soul for a good drink. Guess what happened next.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I don't get the reference.

Jack Torrence is the main antagonist of "the Shining" aka "Here's Johnny!" guy. He got crazy after encountering an apparition of a barman in the hotel the Torrence family resided in. He snarkily said that he would sell his soul for a good drink. Guess what happened next.

ah *smirk*

Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Jack Torrence is the main antagonist of "the Shining" aka "Here's Johnny!" guy. He got crazy after encountering an apparition of a barman in the hotel the Torrence family resided in. He snarkily said that he would sell his soul for a good drink. Guess what happened next.

ah *smirk*

Steve Harvey, guess the Japanese word for "what" to describe my disbelief in the fact that devil-soul-selling happened on christmas day, the season of perpetual hope

EDIT: Wow...Jari...um, this is uh...gonna be a bad time I guess.
Last edited by Danceria on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:43 pm

We hadn't even thought about the whole shipping things. Marco is thinking of doing the Carl x Monty ship.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:We hadn't even thought about the whole shipping things. Marco is thinking of doing the Carl x Monty ship.

More like setting up Carl and Donny against each other so Marco can score Monty. Even though my bio states that the two have known each other since, like, ever.
Obligatory Quotes below

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I don't get the reference.

He went axe-crazy and tried to kill his family but only ended up killing this other one guy before freezing to death followed by a disturbing ending that seems to imply his soul is now part of the haunted hotel.

I want to play with Marco's mind slowly, as he starts off acting like a petty jerk but not outwardly malicious and resisting paranoia before some key event triggers a boiling point.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Danceria wrote:Jack Torrence is the main antagonist of "the Shining" aka "Here's Johnny!" guy. He got crazy after encountering an apparition of a barman in the hotel the Torrence family resided in. He snarkily said that he would sell his soul for a good drink. Guess what happened next.

He went axe-crazy and tried to kill his family but only ended up killing this other one guy before freezing to death followed by a disturbing ending that seems to imply his soul is now part of the haunted hotel.

I want to play with Marco's mind slowly, as he starts off acting like a petty jerk and resisting paranoia before some key event triggers a boiling point.

Screw getting the girl, bros before those that wish to cause axe-murders! In this case, spend time with the lads and keep this boy from going loco!
Obligatory Quotes below

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Danceria wrote:

I want to play with Marco's mind slowly, as he starts off acting like a petty jerk and resisting paranoia before some key event triggers a boiling point.

Screw getting the girl, bros before those that wish to cause axe-murders! In this case, spend time with the lads and keep this boy from going loco!

:lol2:

I picture that Marco actually admires Donny as this fearless cool guy (but also envies and resents him for it) and at the moment he's still sane and not planning on any axe-murder, although he remains uncomfortable and suspicious around Lucas, which will contribute to his paranoia as bad things inevitably happen in the Ghostwoods.

I'm interested in seeing how someone who starts off petty but relatively harmless can devolve into a more hateful person as the haunting gets to them and shakes up their suppressed feelings.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Danceria wrote:Screw getting the girl, bros before those that wish to cause axe-murders! In this case, spend time with the lads and keep this boy from going loco!

I picture that Marco actually admires Donny as this fearless cool guy (but also envies and resents him for it) and at the moment he's still sane and not planning on any axe-murder, although he remains uncomfortable and suspicious around Lucas, which will contribute to his paranoia as bad things inevitably happen in the Ghostwoods.

I'm interested in seeing how someone who starts off petty but relatively harmless can devolve into a more hateful person as the haunting gets to them and shakes up their suppressed feelings.

Or (hopefully) inverse it so the two can be bros.
Obligatory Quotes below

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Danceria wrote:

Or (hopefully) inverse it so the two can be bros.

Nothing set in stone, yeah. I'd like to play up on the uncertainty on how Marco will end up depending on where the story goes.

Hopefully no one is preemptively suspecting him already IC, that would kill some of the tension.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Danceria wrote:Or (hopefully) inverse it so the two can be bros.

Nothing set in stone, yeah. I'd like to play up on the uncertainty on how Marco will end up depending on where the story goes.

Hopefully we'll be able to have some relaxation in town before we get stabbed in the butts.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Let's let The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune describe the path to these Ghostwoods.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Danceria wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:We hadn't even thought about the whole shipping things. Marco is thinking of doing the Carl x Monty ship.

More like setting up Carl and Donny against each other so Marco can score Monty. Even though my bio states that the two have known each other since, like, ever.

8)

Harbertia wrote:Let's let The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune describe the path to these Ghostwoods.

Makes sense.

Danceria wrote:

Hopefully we'll be able to have some relaxation in town before we get stabbed in the butts.

That would be nice, assuming we don't run into anything scary in the ghostwoods first.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 am

I'll try to get a post up today, but I may not have time.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:13 am

I do believe our characters are going to be just as surprised as I am by this interruption of the night. It's... awesome.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 am

Harbertia wrote:I do believe our characters are going to be just as surprised as I am by this interruption of the night. It's... awesome.

What, mine?
I'm not done yet.
Edit: By that, I mean his medicine is lost and he'll need help finding near "some weird stream"
Last edited by New Tussia on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:42 am

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I do believe our characters are going to be just as surprised as I am by this interruption of the night. It's... awesome.

What, mine?
I'm not done yet.
Edit: By that, I mean his medicine is lost and he'll need help finding near "some weird stream"

yeah, it's great timing.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am

A nice new turn of events for more drama following the campfire chronicles.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 am

I stayed up until about 3 last night with my brother (who I haven't seen in a while) so I'm still waking up. I've been up for about five hours- and it's the day after work so- mind is slow. Ended up watching mad science happen which has only fatigued my mind.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Meanwhile, in my home state - "Hunters asked to be on the look out for clues on Jayme Closs"

On October 15 of this year James and Denise Closs where found dead at their home after dispatch received a voiceless 9/11 call from which where sounds of a struggle in the distance. Jayme has been missing since then and the county of Barron is requesting the assistance of the local hunters in reporting anything unusual they may find- a weapon, clothing, etc.

Security footage from the home, and cellular records have shown nothing out of the ordinary with Jayme's kin being hopeful that she'll be found alive. The only concerning incident involved one break in where some of Jayme's clothing was stolen but that person was apprehended- said individual is a suspect as they where put on bail but so far the lead is an unlikely due to what footage was found at the house- in short no one was seen entering the home, no one was seen leaving the home.

In summary, this got me thinking about our little setting.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I stayed up until about 3 last night with my brother (who I haven't seen in a while) so I'm still waking up. I've been up for about five hours- and it's the day after work so- mind is slow. Ended up watching mad science happen which has only fatigued my mind.

Same here... that guy apparently had some military grade metal on him. And the final product he made with the plasma globe is both so cool and utterly terrifying to behold - seriously it looked like special effects from a movie - to think it was real, all those bolts most certainly would have been fatal if exposed. I can see why you bestowed him the moniker of 'mad scientist' - to think that such people actually exist these days!

I admire he applies his knowledge to create something cool and personal and that somewhat Frankenstein like curiosity and determination that seem to drive him in inventing something strange and comic-book like in real life.

Also: Rest is good.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Harbertia wrote:I stayed up until about 3 last night with my brother (who I haven't seen in a while) so I'm still waking up. I've been up for about five hours- and it's the day after work so- mind is slow. Ended up watching mad science happen which has only fatigued my mind.

Same here... that guy apparently had some military grade metal on him. And the final product he made with the plasma globe is both so cool and utterly terrifying to behold - seriously it looked like special effects from a movie - to think it was real, all those bolts most certainly would have been fatal if exposed. I can see why you bestowed him the moniker of 'mad scientist' - to think that such people actually exist these days!

I admire he applies his knowledge to create something cool and personal and that somewhat Frankenstein like curiosity and determination that seem to drive him in inventing something strange and comic-book like in real life.

Also: Rest is good.

Indeed it is good. I've spent nearly the whole day 'waking up' - ended up reacting poorly to a mild error on my brother's part even while I want him to hang around more often. So- stuff indeed does not go as well when lacking of rest.

Though my mind is now awake - it took it long - a long time to wake up. hahahah I think my misfortune began Friday when I left my phone and wallet at work. That's thrown off my whole routine and that it's self started when I got my pay on the workfloor rather then the break room. On fridays one usually goes to the Breakroom, puts things in their locker, takes stuff out, gets their pay check and leaves. I got my pay early and thus when the bell rang I rushed out before picking up my phone and wallet- and before putting my gloves and company ID in my locker.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:10 pm

FInal version of my character.
Character Name: Alban Bahr
About the Character: He is new to town and has moved here because of work. Also, he has heritage that he would like to learn more about. That heritage is that he is related to a Native American Medicine Man who was in the tribe that originally owned this land
He is: schizophrenic (he sees things and can't always tell what's real and not), very smart, and quiet.
He's German.
He's moderately rich (he's Upper Middle Class)

Early Life:
He was born in 1991 to a poor family near East Berlin. He lived on a farm where his mom would tell him stories about our Native American heritage in some small unknown town. Thus, his dream of going back to America began. His mental condition wasn't seen until he was 14 and still seeing "Monsters". He was bullied severely due to his condition and has been scarred from the bullying. He was also severely scarred due to beatings from his drunkard dad. Also, one time, he was shot at during a Schizophrenia attack because he wondered into the wrong part of New York. But, despite his mental condition; he went on to go to Harvard to become a Psychiatrist.
He found a job in New York City at a mental institute until it was closed down due to scrutiny of patient abuse. He came to this town to open up a small-time mental hospital with some of his former colleagues.

Education:
He has gone to harvard for 6 years in psychology and foreign languages.
He speaks fluent: Latin, German, and obviously English.
He has an IQ of 150 (extremely high).

Why He's Here:
He does his best to use any good medicine he can find for his Schizophrenia; but, the local pharmacy has closed down and he is desperately low.

Here is what he looks like:
Blonde hair, blue eyes, mediocre physique, and he usually wears jeans and a white t-shirt.
Last edited by New Tussia on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:12 pm

New Tussia wrote:FInal version of my character.
Character Name: Alban Bahr
About the Character: He is new to town and has moved here because of work. Also, he has heritage that he would like to learn more about. That heritage is that he is related to a Native American Medicine Man who was in the tribe that originally owned this land
He is: schizophrenic (he sees things and can't always tell what's real and not), very smart, and quiet.
He's German.
He's moderately rich (he's Upper Middle Class)

Early Life:
He was born in 1991 to a poor family near East Berlin. He lived on a farm where his mom would tell him stories about our Native American heritage in some small unknown town. Thus, his dream of going back to America began. His mental condition wasn't seen until he was 14 and still seeing "Monsters". He was bullied severely due to his condition and has been scarred from the bullying. He was also severely scarred due to beatings from his drunkard dad. Also, one time, he was shot at during a Schizophrenia attack because he wondered into the wrong part of New York. But, despite his mental condition; he went on to go to Harvard to become a Psychiatrist.
He found a job in New York City at a mental institute until it was closed down due to scrutiny of patient abuse. He came to this town to open up a small-time mental hospital with some of his former colleagues.

Education:
He has gone to harvard for 6 years in psychology and foreign languages.
He speaks fluent: Latin, German, and obviously English.
He has an IQ of 150 (extremely high).

Why He's Here:
He does his best to use any good medicine he can find for his Schizophrenia; but, the local pharmacy has closed down and he is desperately low.

Here is what he looks like:
Blonde hair, blue eyes, mediocre physique, and he usually wears jeans and a white t-shirt.

To repeat my feelings;

"We are in danger."

I thank you for the update.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Also; I have an idea for what the monster is due to the lore:

A Wendigo.

A man-eating monster that exists in Native American lore that lives supposedly on the Atlantic Coast of the US.
"The legend lends its name to the controversial modern medical term Wendigo psychosis, described by psychiatrists as a culture-bound syndrome with symptoms such as an intense craving for human flesh and fear of becoming a cannibal. In some Indigenous communities, environmental destruction and insatiable greed are also seen as a manifestation of Wendigo psychosis."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse