NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:17 pm

New Tussia wrote:Also; I have an idea for what the monster is due to the lore:

A Wendigo.

A man-eating monster that exists in Native American lore that lives supposedly on the Atlantic Coast of the US.
"The legend lends its name to the controversial modern medical term Wendigo psychosis, described by psychiatrists as a culture-bound syndrome with symptoms such as an intense craving for human flesh and fear of becoming a cannibal. In some Indigenous communities, environmental destruction and insatiable greed are also seen as a manifestation of Wendigo psychosis."

*yep we're in danger great great decedent of Dark Bear, shamanistic leader of the tribe whose name long lost lived here- we are in danger*
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:22 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:Also; I have an idea for what the monster is due to the lore:

A Wendigo.

A man-eating monster that exists in Native American lore that lives supposedly on the Atlantic Coast of the US.
"The legend lends its name to the controversial modern medical term Wendigo psychosis, described by psychiatrists as a culture-bound syndrome with symptoms such as an intense craving for human flesh and fear of becoming a cannibal. In some Indigenous communities, environmental destruction and insatiable greed are also seen as a manifestation of Wendigo psychosis."

*yep we're in danger great great decedent of Dark Bear, shamanistic leader of the tribe whose name long lost lived here- we are in danger*

Also, aren't you goin to do something in the IC?
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:29 pm

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:*yep we're in danger great great decedent of Dark Bear, shamanistic leader of the tribe whose name long lost lived here- we are in danger*

Also, aren't you goin to do something in the IC?

Well.... the thing is- I can post it but it's not really 'doing anything' just- being speechlessly surprised. Now that I think of it that is probably vital to state. ... actually their is more to consider then what I've let on. ... yeah I can post more then one sentence.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 pm

I am honestly too flabbergasted to post, let alone realize how to successfully defuse the situation.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Danceria wrote:I am honestly too flabbergasted to post, let alone realize how to successfully defuse the situation.

So, I did a good job?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

You got the tribe area wrong for Wendigo. Wendigo are Algonquian monsters who were barely on the coast of Virginia and were more New England/ Canada. I based the monster in the second half of the Dark Bear legend off a Shawnee legend known as a Water Panther that was described as a cross between a cougar and a dragon that may have been an allegory for alligators.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:You got the tribe area wrong for Wendigo. Wendigo are Algonquian monsters who were barely on the coast of Virginia and were more New England/ Canada. I based the monster in the second half of the Dark Bear legend off a Shawnee legend known as a Water Panther that was described as a cross between a cougar and a dragon that may have been an allegory for alligators.

He's Schizophrenic; so, it was most likely the monster you're talking about; but, he saw it as a Wendigo.
But, it could've also been a bear.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:56 pm

New Tussia wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:You got the tribe area wrong for Wendigo. Wendigo are Algonquian monsters who were barely on the coast of Virginia and were more New England/ Canada. I based the monster in the second half of the Dark Bear legend off a Shawnee legend known as a Water Panther that was described as a cross between a cougar and a dragon that may have been an allegory for alligators.

He's Schizophrenic; so, it was most likely the monster you're talking about; but, he saw it as a Wendigo.
But, it could've also been a bear.

I mean, that's fine, but a guy that's a doctor and descended from Algonquin's who has supposedly done research into the area should know that he's pretty wrong in that regard.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:03 am

Donny is starting up the nope train, we're taking the crazy and getting the hell outta dodge. Screw this noise with a rusty wooden mallet!
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 am

Can't wait to see how Lucas and Carl will react to this.

Monty is already scared, Will is suspicious, Marco is antagonistic, and... how are Donny and Evan gonna be?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:12 am

Thirty posts? I have a lot of reading to catch up on...
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Thirty posts? I have a lot of reading to catch up on...

I didn't expect so much energy between Will and the strange Doctor.

Edit: Hey look at that, Evan being the one collected voice of reason.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:00 am

Woah, I've got to catch up! What Ignited activity this is!
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:06 am

Harbertia wrote:Woah, I've got to catch up! What Ignited activity this is!

I had about thirty posts to read through, so yeah...
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:09 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Woah, I've got to catch up! What Ignited activity this is!

I had about thirty posts to read through, so yeah...

Yikes... and we still need to wait for the others to catch up on even more posts, especially the RPers for Carl and Lucas.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:13 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I had about thirty posts to read through, so yeah...

Yikes... and we still need to wait for the others to catch up on even more posts, especially the RPers for Carl and Lucas.

Yeah, let's let everyone catch up first.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

Yeah, let's let everyone catch up first.

I've got a post up- really did have to consider weither to say something to Evan but time in this moment is valuable.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:30 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Yeah, let's let everyone catch up first.

I've got a post up- really did have to consider weither to say something to Evan but time in this moment is valuable.

Made another post but it has no spoken dialogue, just Marco's thoughts and brief flash of panic to Monty approaching the doctor.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:32 am

Harbertia wrote:I've got a post up- really did have to consider weither to say something to Evan but time in this moment is valuable.

Made another post but it has no spoken dialogue, just Marco's thoughts and brief flash of panic to Monty approaching the doctor.

I've made something similar in reply- I will say having Lucas go would have been in our interest- but events are now set in motion. I know she has reasons but I too would have liked it if Lucas had went.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:43 am

Harbertia wrote:

I've made something similar in reply- I will say having Lucas go would have been in our interest- but events are now set in motion. I know she has reasons but I too would have liked it if Lucas had went.

Who knows, Lucas might still go up with her depending on his player or stay behind and let Monty handle it.

Marco tried to put Lucas in the spotlight, having him approach what might have been a dangerous person but now his plan has backfired and he looks like an idiot while Will is losing patience for someone to finally check that guy's wrist.

Ah, fun unexpected developments.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 am

Harbertia wrote:I've made something similar in reply- I will say having Lucas go would have been in our interest- but events are now set in motion. I know she has reasons but I too would have liked it if Lucas had went.

Who knows, Lucas might still go up with her depending on his player or stay behind and let Monty handle it.

Marco tried to put Lucas in the spotlight, having him approach what might have been a dangerous person but now his plan has backfired and he looks like an idiot while Will is losing patience for someone to finally check that guy's wrist.

Ah, fun unexpected developments.

you know- I really should have allowed the player of Lucas to go forward- he hasn't had much to do in the RP.

How do you feel about- saving what we have written in a post here but removing it from the IC so Codagh has some time to be active? I'm up for that as - Pax said- the other players need time to get in on this.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 am

Well... Will's player is offline so- I guess it's best to flow with what we've got. We can't just remove it all right now- only one post would be removed and that's not one that should at the moment. We don't know when Codagh will be online.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:56 am

Harbertia wrote:Well... Will's player is offline so- I guess it's best to flow with what we've got. We can't just remove it all right now- only one post would be removed and that's not one that should at the moment. We don't know when Codagh will be online.

Yeah, we can't remove them now without retconning Will's latest post and that would cause unnecessary confusion, making the best of the current IC flow seems like the ideal option.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 am

Lucas may still examine the Doctor's wrist since nobody else seems to have - unless Monty stepping forward armed with the bear spray is going to do it first.

Edit: No actually it seems certain Monty will be checking the Doctor's wrist instead. I wouldn't expect her to stop mid-way through her action now.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 am

Harbertia wrote:Well... Will's player is offline so- I guess it's best to flow with what we've got. We can't just remove it all right now- only one post would be removed and that's not one that should at the moment. We don't know when Codagh will be online.

Yeah, we can't remove them now without retconning Will's latest post and that would cause unnecessary confusion, making the best of the current IC flow seems like the ideal option.

I want to post- and I guess I should. I had messaged The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune but he already logged off- so I've got only my feelings and New Tussia's app to go on.

At first I thought she'd find something, but after looking at the man's year of birth I realized it wouldn't be that- so- where I to post everything would be defused I think.... I think.

So- should I post?

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Lucas can still examine the Doctor's wrist since nobody else seems to have - unless Monty stepping forward armed with the bear spray is going to do it first.

Well.... that's the thing I had intended Monty to- for reasons- again she has reasons. So- without word from Will's player - and only the Doc's application- as stated above I know nothing will be found; and wonder if I should post that- I kind of want to give Codagh a chance to be involved- he can't help not being online right now- but.....

Edit: I mean the wrist is extended out right now to be examined.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse