NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm

I agree with Danceria, I suggest that we consider this the closing of a chapter and start the morning off as a new chapter- get to experience the town a bit more after packing up or- who knows some might decide to treck around- find one of those shrines or fairy rings.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:I agree with Danceria, I suggest that we consider this the closing of a chapter and start the morning off as a new chapter- get to experience the town a bit more after packing up or- who knows some might decide to treck around- find one of those shrines or fairy rings.

I'm on board with that, to explore either the town or forest, what we had so far serves as an adequate prologue of things to come. Only question is what the mechanics will be - will we split off and rejoin or remain together in a new place?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I agree with Danceria, I suggest that we consider this the closing of a chapter and start the morning off as a new chapter- get to experience the town a bit more after packing up or- who knows some might decide to treck around- find one of those shrines or fairy rings.

I'm on board with that, to explore either the town or forest, what we had so far serves as an adequate prologue of things to come. Only question is what the mechanics will be - will we split off and rejoin or remain together in a new place?

Indeed- we can go off together to examine what's around the camp (to perhaps bring minds to ease), some may choose to leave to return to town while others stay to look around, all may go about getting back home and dropping characters off to explore life as they usually live it with the events of this night lingering in their minds enough to say go to examine that skull said to be on display or ask questions of their parents, while another prospect is that we'll go into town or elsewhere together with some purpose though I know not what it could be.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Indeed- we can go off together to examine what's around the camp (to perhaps bring minds to ease), some may choose to leave to return to town while others stay to look around, all may go about getting back home and dropping characters off to explore life as they usually live it with the events of this night lingering in their minds enough to say go to examine that skull said to be on display or ask questions of their parents, while another prospect is that we'll go into town or elsewhere together with some purpose though I know not what it could be.

We still have a camping time, just one that's slightly on edge, and perhaps some more talking about the town itself, and having slice of life stuff. Sounds like plans are being made to figure out what's in the woods.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 am

Maybe we could have everyone get together to investigate the sites of known sightings of the paranormal?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:38 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Maybe we could have everyone get together to investigate the sites of known sightings of the paranormal?

Not tonight, my Common Sense and Genre Savvy is screaming that it's a bad idea.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Danceria wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Maybe we could have everyone get together to investigate the sites of known sightings of the paranormal?

Not tonight, my Common Sense and Genre Savvy is screaming that it's a bad idea.

Fair point.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Had Marco ask Donny to show everyone his rifle, if he has one on him.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 pm

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Had Marco ask Donny to show everyone his rifle, if he has one on him.

He does not, sadly. Not on him, at least.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm pleased with this development.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'm pleased with this development.

With Donny not possessing a firearm he would be unable to carry out the dare, hence me must now answer a Truth?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'm pleased with this development.

With Donny not possessing a firearm he would be unable to carry out the dare, hence me must now answer a Truth?

Well it depends- that's where regional rules come into play and I've not been to West Virginia. In my homestate, which is further south in the Carolinas- Donny can request a different dare due to lacking the impliments to do the current one. To us it's like- if you where dared to crush a can on your head but have no can- the darer has not made a doable dare and thus must make one that can be performed.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Once Don response we can begin this game in earnest.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Seems Evan did bring a shotgun.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Seems Evan did bring a shotgun.

Well, he thought he might have a chance to do some small game hunting...
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Seems Evan did bring a shotgun.

Well, he thought he might have a chance to do some small game hunting...

... with a shotgun?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:29 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Well, he thought he might have a chance to do some small game hunting...

... with a shotgun?

:lol: It's Bear, Turkey, and Boar season in WV so I wont know what he had in mind until Evan says something.

Additionally, due to a TG conversation I've determined that Woodview is EAST of MOOREFIELD, WV off 220 and thus WEST of WARDENSVILLE. Quite a location ey?
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Character Name: John Henry Holliday, called Doc by everyone despite not possessing a doctorate
About the Character: John has lived in the town his whole life alongside his best friend and adopted sibling Charlotte "Charlie" Holliday. After losing his folks he looks after the Holliday House, a large manor up on a rather shady hill outside of town. Despite the rather creepy appearance of his home he lives a very productive life, in the passing of both his parents the two children inherited the town's cemetery and funeral home, John however wanted to serve the town another way and decided to do his best an help the local medical services. He is often seen driving around in a white 1992 IROC-Z28 with a thin red line going down the side that over the back fenders squiggles like a heartbeat monitor, the doors and hood are painted with gold caduceus and the roof is lined with a light bar that is its bright red and white lights flash so too plays a siren, just to make sure everyone knows it is an emergency.

He makes house calls and treats everyone from the elderly to babies, while without a medical license he can only give over the counter medications, Doc actually prefers to make use of rare and specially chosen herbal remedies from his home's garden. At times Charlie can be observed acting as his nurse, though many patients prefer to deal with Doc as his sister's association with death can be a bit off putting, especially to the elderly.

Upon his hip Doc carries a six shot .45 caliber single action revolver, he hates fighting, but due to an incident where he nearly got shot responding to a domestic disturbance call before the cops could get there, he feels he must - and considering how bears lately have liked to hang around the local park it would be wise to keep a sidearm around, just incase.

Alrighty, all I got, I could make one for his sister Charlie, but aside from being rather reclusive and shy I don't have much planned for her, she will likely develop a lot more in the story than I could write here.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
... with a shotgun?

:lol: It's Bear, Turkey, and Boar season in WV so I wont know what he had in mind until Evan says something.

Additionally, due to a TG conversation I've determined that Woodview is EAST of MOOREFIELD, WV off 220 and thus WEST of WARDENSVILLE. Quite a location ey?

Let me cross reference real quick.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote: :lol: It's Bear, Turkey, and Boar season in WV so I wont know what he had in mind until Evan says something.

Let me cross reference real quick.

Certainly and please do let me know what you find and, also what you think of Avalon's character- in regards to getting him into the story at some point.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Let me cross reference real quick.

Certainly and please do let me know what you find and, also what you think of Avalon's character- in regards to getting him into the story at some point.

Origionally, I meant the Greyflow to be the New River due to it's proximity to Greystone Quarry. Based on this new information, we would be near Mundy Quarries in Virginia, along WV-259. Rather remote, I might add.

I should also note according to Google Maps, there are a few places like "Lost City" and "Lost River camping ground". Unintentional genius, Harb...unintentional genius.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Certainly and please do let me know what you find and, also what you think of Avalon's character- in regards to getting him into the story at some point.

Origionally, I meant the Greyflow to be the New River due to it's proximity to Greystone Quarry. Based on this new information, we would be near Mundy Quarries in Virginia, along WV-259. Rather remote, I might add.

I should also note according to Google Maps, there are a few places like "Lost City" and "Lost River camping ground". Unintentional genius, Harb...unintentional genius.

*A pleased bow of appreciation for the acknowledgment of my intellect in a complimentary way*
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Origionally, I meant the Greyflow to be the New River due to it's proximity to Greystone Quarry. Based on this new information, we would be near Mundy Quarries in Virginia, along WV-259. Rather remote, I might add.

*A pleased bow of appreciation for the acknowledgment of my intellect in a complimentary way*

Also, Monty being an honorary Dorian is of course, due to them being good friends and all. As well as numerous Noodle Incidents, both relevant or just generally silly moments of pure d'aww.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:*A pleased bow of appreciation for the acknowledgment of my intellect in a complimentary way*

Also, Monty being an honorary Dorian is of course, due to them being good friends and all. As well as numerous Noodle Incidents, both relevant or just generally silly moments of pure d'aww.

Well, with that statement I'll repost the response I had removed as 'no that's too much'.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse