NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:55 pm

Like, the Carl post seems like it would have worked after the first Will post;

observe;

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will

That night

Will had just finished brushing his teeth nearby when he returned to the campfire, hearing Monty's question about seeing things. Putting his stuff back in his bag and sitting down, his more upper class accent shining through "Personally, I haven't ever seen stuff round here, but if you dig and listen, all sorts of weird shit pops up. Fuckin shit from native ghost stories to god damn cults. One thing my Dad ever actually taught to me was never to trust anything in this damn valley. Even the woods are out to get you."

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Carl

Carl was busy getting the bag of marshmallows, when Will mentioned about ghost stories happening. "Weird stuff does happen every now and then, but nobody really bats an eye. It isn't really anyone's concern." Carl said, though he did realize that the air was getting to thicker. "I done some coding for some games. Some of them were horror. Some were almost ripoffs of other Infocom's games. I seen some stuff online that got me creeped out, but then again, you shouldn't trust the internet. There were the typical unsolved serial killers, urban legends, and there was this one time where I found this blog. Couldn't remember the link, since I cleared out my personal history, but it was about this some random small town in Ohio called Hawthrone, though the stuff I read from that blog seemed bullshit."

After Carl managed to get the bag of marshmallows open, he sarcastically asked, "Anyone want s'mores? Helps gets the air to thin out."

It would have worked back then but too much has happened since that point for it to make much sense.

.... or does it make sense? Like if we alter the order;

That night

Will had just finished brushing his teeth nearby when he returned to the campfire, hearing Monty's question about seeing things. Putting his stuff back in his bag and sitting down, his more upper class accent shining through "Personally, I haven't ever seen stuff round here, but if you dig and listen, all sorts of weird shit pops up. Fuckin shit from native ghost stories to god damn cults. One thing my Dad ever actually taught to me was never to trust anything in this damn valley. Even the woods are out to get you."

Carl was busy getting the bag of marshmallows, when Will mentioned about ghost stories happening. "Weird stuff does happen every now and then, but nobody really bats an eye. It isn't really anyone's concern." Carl said, though he did realize that the air was getting to thicker. "I done some coding for some games. Some of them were horror. Some were almost ripoffs of other Infocom's games. I seen some stuff online that got me creeped out, but then again, you shouldn't trust the internet. There were the typical unsolved serial killers, urban legends, and there was this one time where I found this blog. Couldn't remember the link, since I cleared out my personal history, but it was about this some random small town in Ohio called Hawthrone, though the stuff I read from that blog seemed bullshit."

After Carl managed to get the bag of marshmallows open, he sarcastically asked, "Anyone want s'mores? Helps gets the air to thin out."

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan said,"Sure, I'll take some s'mores. I can start whittling some sticks to roast 'em." With that, Evan grabbed a couple of nearby branches, pulled out his Swiss Army Knife, and began sharpening them. The wood shavings drifted down onto the ground. He finished the first one, and stuck the sharp end into the fire to sanitize and harden it. He repeated the process a few more times, until he had six sticks sharpened. He passed them to Carl.

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:''Hocus-pocus is all it is. I grew up in a circus and saw this guy that looked like he could eat fire, course it was just a pile of horse****. I mean... not literally but you get what I'm sayin? Stuff that goes bump at night? Vengeful spirits in some forgotten burial ground, obviously. There ain't nothing out there man, I say just chill and... let all chill. Totally.''

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan
Evan looked at the flickering orange flames of the campfire. He loved nights like this, sitting next to a fire, sharing ghost stories. At the mention of burial grounds he spoke up. He said,"There's an old graveyard on the back of my farm. It's a creepy little place, that's up against the tree line, an' mostly overgrown. According to legend, that's where they buried Old Man Johnson, the axe murderer who killed his wife, in the mid 1800s. Anyway, I was out there one time, mowin' the pasture, an' I saw something weird. It was dusk, on a late summer evenin'. I was just gettin' ready to head back up to the house. There was this weird white shape hangin' over one of the graves. I had also been doin' a little plinkin', so I had a .22 with me on the tractor. I climbed down outta the tractor, and grabbed the .22. I walked up to the fence, an' looked over at the grave. It was so weathered that I couldn't read what it said. Then, the thing came towards me. I started runnin' for the tractor, an' I drove the tractor back to the barn like I was bein' chased by demons. After that encounter, I try to avoid goin' down there unless I have to." He took a sip of water from his canteen. He continued,"That creepy enough for y'all?"

Danceria wrote:Donny however was incredulous. "Ya really givin' Carl some helluva good ideas.", he chuckled, shaking his head with a curly nest of medium blond hair. "Must've been souped up, most tractors I know ain't exactly known for clocking high speeds." his tone then became playfully sarcastic, something renowned whenever he was faced with any obstacle, in this case, mocking Old Man Johnson. "Rawr, I am the evil hatchet slasher of undeath! I will approach you...veerryyy slowly...slow down youngin' so I can kill ya, I can't move like I used to." he chuckled, turning a sideways smirk towards Lucas, "I'm no expert on th' matter, but if somethin' wanted ta' kill ye, ye wouldn't be 'ere tellin' us about it, Evan."

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Donny was incredulous at his story. Evan said,"The tractor wasn't souped up or anythin' like that. I went as fast as I could push it. I hope whatever that thing was isn't comin' after me."

Danceria wrote: "Yeah, the air's a bit...thicker, heavier. Like you should be smellin' something rancid but yer not. Weirder still considerin' the air's supposed ta' get thinner when ya go uphill." the Blond would then smile at Will, whose Denson heritage would no doubt know of the story as much as Donny's Dorian heritage. "Maybe it's th' Coal-Black Banshee o' Blackroof Manor."

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote: ''Gotta light one up,'' he said holding out a cigarette. He was here to relax and unwind, maybe the woods were just getting to him.

Harbertia wrote:Monty
"Ah com'on we're no where near Blackroof, the closest resident I know of is my house. What would the Banshee be doing this far out?" Then she smirked and turned to Will, "OH," she chuckled before taking on a tone of playfully ill intent, "maybe she's come," she rose a bit from her seat, "to get revenge on Drenson blood." She said acknowledging Will's family's role in the Coal Mines and iterating references to the version she was most familiar with, "oh yes she's rose out from the old mines in search of Drenson blood-" Monty got a little closer, "and she's gonna suffocate a DRENSON!" she said as she nudged Will with the intent of knocking him back enough to stumble in his seat.

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:''Damn, Dreson. Looks like ya inherited some bad blood. You gonna apologise to this wraith, hope she see's the good in you and passes on?'' he mused with a smile. Finally some entertainment, at a Drenson's expense no less.

Does that bring everyone up to speed on the scene? It's a challenge to peice together with people jumping around but I think I've got the above put together in a way that makes sense and brings us to on the same page. Enough so the posts don't have to be removed and we understand where we are at in the dialogue.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Harbertia wrote:Like, the Carl post seems like it would have worked after the first Will post;

observe;

That night

It would have worked back then but too much has happened since that point for it to make much sense.

That night

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan said,"Sure, I'll take some s'mores. I can start whittling some sticks to roast 'em." With that, Evan grabbed a couple of nearby branches, pulled out his Swiss Army Knife, and began sharpening them. The wood shavings drifted down onto the ground. He finished the first one, and stuck the sharp end into the fire to sanitize and harden it. He repeated the process a few more times, until he had six sticks sharpened. He passed them to Carl.

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:''Hocus-pocus is all it is. I grew up in a circus and saw this guy that looked like he could eat fire, course it was just a pile of horse****. I mean... not literally but you get what I'm sayin? Stuff that goes bump at night? Vengeful spirits in some forgotten burial ground, obviously. There ain't nothing out there man, I say just chill and... let all chill. Totally.''

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan
Evan looked at the flickering orange flames of the campfire. He loved nights like this, sitting next to a fire, sharing ghost stories. At the mention of burial grounds he spoke up. He said,"There's an old graveyard on the back of my farm. It's a creepy little place, that's up against the tree line, an' mostly overgrown. According to legend, that's where they buried Old Man Johnson, the axe murderer who killed his wife, in the mid 1800s. Anyway, I was out there one time, mowin' the pasture, an' I saw something weird. It was dusk, on a late summer evenin'. I was just gettin' ready to head back up to the house. There was this weird white shape hangin' over one of the graves. I had also been doin' a little plinkin', so I had a .22 with me on the tractor. I climbed down outta the tractor, and grabbed the .22. I walked up to the fence, an' looked over at the grave. It was so weathered that I couldn't read what it said. Then, the thing came towards me. I started runnin' for the tractor, an' I drove the tractor back to the barn like I was bein' chased by demons. After that encounter, I try to avoid goin' down there unless I have to." He took a sip of water from his canteen. He continued,"That creepy enough for y'all?"

Danceria wrote:Donny however was incredulous. "Ya really givin' Carl some helluva good ideas.", he chuckled, shaking his head with a curly nest of medium blond hair. "Must've been souped up, most tractors I know ain't exactly known for clocking high speeds." his tone then became playfully sarcastic, something renowned whenever he was faced with any obstacle, in this case, mocking Old Man Johnson. "Rawr, I am the evil hatchet slasher of undeath! I will approach you...veerryyy slowly...slow down youngin' so I can kill ya, I can't move like I used to." he chuckled, turning a sideways smirk towards Lucas, "I'm no expert on th' matter, but if somethin' wanted ta' kill ye, ye wouldn't be 'ere tellin' us about it, Evan."

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Donny was incredulous at his story. Evan said,"The tractor wasn't souped up or anythin' like that. I went as fast as I could push it. I hope whatever that thing was isn't comin' after me."

Danceria wrote: "Yeah, the air's a bit...thicker, heavier. Like you should be smellin' something rancid but yer not. Weirder still considerin' the air's supposed ta' get thinner when ya go uphill." the Blond would then smile at Will, whose Denson heritage would no doubt know of the story as much as Donny's Dorian heritage. "Maybe it's th' Coal-Black Banshee o' Blackroof Manor."

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote: ''Gotta light one up,'' he said holding out a cigarette. He was here to relax and unwind, maybe the woods were just getting to him.

Harbertia wrote:Monty
"Ah com'on we're no where near Blackroof, the closest resident I know of is my house. What would the Banshee be doing this far out?" Then she smirked and turned to Will, "OH," she chuckled before taking on a tone of playfully ill intent, "maybe she's come," she rose a bit from her seat, "to get revenge on Drenson blood." She said acknowledging Will's family's role in the Coal Mines and iterating references to the version she was most familiar with, "oh yes she's rose out from the old mines in search of Drenson blood-" Monty got a little closer, "and she's gonna suffocate a DRENSON!" she said as she nudged Will with the intent of knocking him back enough to stumble in his seat.

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:''Damn, Dreson. Looks like ya inherited some bad blood. You gonna apologise to this wraith, hope she see's the good in you and passes on?'' he mused with a smile. Finally some entertainment, at a Drenson's expense no less.

Does that bring everyone up to speed on the scene? It's a challenge to peice together with people jumping around but I think I've got the above put together in a way that makes sense and brings us to on the same page. Enough so the posts don't have to be removed and we understand where we are at in the dialogue.

I had school for that day, so I had to post late before I had to sleep. I do read the other posts, so I know what to add for my next one.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Like, the Carl post seems like it would have worked after the first Will post;

observe;

I had school for that day, so I had to post late before I had to sleep. I do read the other posts, so I know what to add for my next one.

hahah, well I hope my organized version of events above have been of help to someone.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 am

I'll have a post up after work.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 am

Harbertia wrote:I'll have a post up after work.

Sounds good.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I'll have a post up after work.

Sounds good.

Ditto.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Sounds good.

Ditto.

done
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm

And posted again. Man its like everyone has a tale to tell that relates back to the forest one way or another.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:And posted again. Man its like everyone has a tale to tell that relates back to the forest one way or another.

*reads your post*

OH I'm excited!
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:And posted again. Man its like everyone has a tale to tell that relates back to the forest one way or another.

*reads your post*

OH I'm excited!

And I made my first movie reference :D

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:*reads your post*

OH I'm excited!

And I made my first movie reference :D

:lol:
Tomorrow is made today.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 pm

If I have the time tomorrow, I might cook up a little something for a ghost story, which might as well act as sorta a bizarre childhood memory that came back to haunt those who remember it.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 pm

I do hope codagh posts- he told me things have been hecktic where he is at but I hope it's not too much since we've woven the character into events.
Tomorrow is made today.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Currently writing on the story "Candyland" for Carl to tell. It's a bit of a disturbing one. But interesting nonetheless.

RPs I do

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Currently writing on the story "Candyland" for Carl to tell. It's a bit of a disturbing one. But interesting nonetheless.

Oh boy...
I've cooked a few stories myself.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Danceria wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Currently writing on the story "Candyland" for Carl to tell. It's a bit of a disturbing one. But interesting nonetheless.

Oh boy...

Either I managed to make the story darker than expected, or I literally went places when it comes to disturbing.

RPs I do

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Danceria wrote:Oh boy...

Either I managed to make the story darker than expected, or I literally went places when it comes to disturbing.

Donny's now realizing that the shit he just saw wasn't just him...and it's far from over. As for that VHS tape...thanks.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Danceria wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Either I managed to make the story darker than expected, or I literally went places when it comes to disturbing.

Donny's now realizing that the shit he just saw wasn't just him...and it's far from over. As for that VHS tape...thanks.

I'm going to bed, but did Donny see something that Carl saw also?

RPs I do

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Hey everyone.

This probably sounds really odd, and was odd but - when I found out that October ended (in my mind it was suppose to go on and on for 62 days- idk why)... yeah brain wasn't working well.

Well- when I found out it was November I got a little unfocused, and while I'm tired now I do plan to get a post up after catching up on what's been going on.

... like it feels like 'Spookember' right now because to me... well I just- idk. My memory isn't too great.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Harbertia wrote:Hey everyone.

This probably sounds really odd, and was odd but - when I found out that October ended (in my mind it was suppose to go on and on for 62 days- idk why)... yeah brain wasn't working well.

Well- when I found out it was November I got a little unfocused, and while I'm tired now I do plan to get a post up after catching up on what's been going on.

... like it feels like 'Spookember' right now because to me... well I just- idk. My memory isn't too great.

> the spooks being over
> E V E R

Danceria wrote:Donny's now realizing that the shit he just saw wasn't just him...and it's far from over. As for that VHS tape...thanks.

I'm going to bed, but did Donny see something that Carl saw also?

He knows Benny in passing, probably gave him the nickname. Donny's account is more of what Lucas saw. Now that the gears in his head are turning into "why did my potential gf hang out with this dude he's a little wierd but ok." to "Oh shite on a Eucharist, we need to get out of here
Obligatory Quotes below

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm

When you realise everyone's story about the forest ended in someone's death... except for Evan and Monty's stories.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:When you realise everyone's story about the forest ended in someone's death... except for Evan and Monty's stories.

Mine doesn't involve death.
The near-genocide of various forest creatures and using them as somewhat suicide bombs, but yeah. No sentient people were harmed during the making of this horror story.
Obligatory Quotes below

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Danceria wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:When you realise everyone's story about the forest ended in someone's death... except for Evan and Monty's stories.

Mine doesn't involve death.
The near-genocide of various forest creatures and using them as somewhat suicide bombs, but yeah. No sentient people were harmed during the making of this horror story.

Oh god, what did Donny see and what does it have to do with Belching Benny?

RPs I do

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Deciding what direction to take with my next post is challenging. I've re-written it four times thus far.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Danceria wrote:Mine doesn't involve death.

Oh god, what did Donny see and what does it have to do with Belching Benny?

He gave him the nickname, only knew of him in passing.

Looks like we've got ourselves a Witch Doctor.
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse