NATION

PASSWORD

Song of Heroes IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Roxana Ma'gonid

Roxana thought to speak up first but she opted for waiting to see if anyone else had the initiative to speak up. She didn't have to wait for long as Frey was the first and she didn't know whether to not be surprised or not. Lord Byron nodded along to his questions with a unreadable expression on his face as he considered an answer for each question.

"Ah yes, how foolish of me for not giving you a map," Byron reached into a satchel he had around his wait and pulled out a glossy casing for a scroll which he then tossed to Fray, "That should be a general layout for the the floors up until the heirloom's location. As for the armors, from what my men told me they're crudely fashioned segmented armor from days long before even chainmail and that some strange red-purple fleshy stalks connect the different pieces of armor together to form a humanoid shape. As for other threats, my men told me of summoned creatures such as gibbering mouthers, nothics, and others my men didn't get enough of a good look to confirm what they were. In fact there's
gibbering mouther in the very first major room. For you final question I do apologize for my sudden departure but it's a personal health issue of mine no need to worry over it. Everything is quite swell now."

Byron looked over in Oberon's direction once he began speaking considering his options he spoke up, "For the traps let's see...some workers described trapholes, axe pendulums, and summoning circles but that's the most they could describe. I'd say they're reasonably deadly but they're fairly crude and old so brute forcing them should be enough to break them. Most traps were allegedly set off by triggering some special plate one the ground but the summoning circle by merely stepping on it. The armor's were described as very clumsy but savage in their attacks as the wounded workers can confirm. I'm afraid that's the most I can tell you as everything I know is secondhand. Now I do hope that is all?"

"So there's nothing else you can tell us?," asked Roxana.

"I'm afraid so, High Elf," said Byron with the same tone as a tired old grandpa would speak.

"If that's the case I believe we're done here, Byron," factually stated Roxana she tilted her head signaling for the group to go into the barrow's entrance but before she took a step inside Roxana turned to Byron, "Do expect us to ask questions in case we find anything." With the final word she stepped inside leading the party into the dusty innards and once the outside's light dimmed to nothingness she reached inside her bag and brought out a sunstick, an elven trinket that stored a set amount of sunlight, and activated it thus illuminating the grey corridor. They shortly reached an opening to a larger corridor that was slightly lit up by lamps connected to the outside. It was a large oval room with a railway surrounding the inner edge which culminated in a large stairway that lead downwards.

But something was off as a slimy, disgusting sound along with an almost hollering laughter could be heard way down below. Roxana tiptoed over the edge only to see a giant gibbering mouther at the bottom. It was at least 10 feet wide and was rolling along in a puddle of slime and dead bodies in the downstairs lobby or whatever this counted as. Gulping in disgust, Roxana placed her hand the railing and turned to her party.

"It's a gibbering mouther alright. From what I know they can lunge out their jaws a few feet like sharks and are nasty and diseased," tentatively said Roxana, "Anyone want to chime in killing that thing?"

In the middle of the Tarchuna Forest
The pale beast reeled back from the Witch Hunter pricking one its limbs and slicing it's barbed tentacles but it struggles to keep track of the Snow Elf bathing her sword in flames. The searing sword sliced one hand with the stump becoming a sludge like black on the surface. The same white slime spurted out to encase it in a hard clear shell. The monster suddenly lunged with its two front arms at the Snow Elf while it disturbingly extended its neck to face the Witch Hunter. Its featureless face once again to reveal a bottomless pit of a mouth and its neck swelling up with air it let out an ear piercing screech unbelievably higher than any other it had let out before. The sheer force of it sent even random sticks and rocks flying off in a blurr.

Meanwhile the remaining smaller monsters with their crude plan failed all began scattering to face off against the individual Redcloaks. However, they now seemed much more disorganized and timid with several of the smaller ones going behind the bigger ones in hopes of using them as a shield. Nevertheless their dwindling attacks persisted.

McDooggle Bluff, Red-Eyes Goblin Tribe
As the day's skeleton crew was slaughtered above ground, the goblins rested in their hovels without a care in the world. That is except for a group of six that were huddled together in a tight circle. They were off playing some human game called gambling one said and they were trading valuable food and equipment as these goblins were of a higher rank then the above ground ones as their armor were matching breastplates and helmets along with crude wooden shields and seaxes. One lost tremendously and had to go to the store room closer to the surface to get his lost possession and as he entered the tunnel leading to the surface he was all too unaware of the incoming Legionnaires.
Last edited by Absolon-7 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 am

Segral wrote:Oberon Klask

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Frey

Simion Valerin, the marksman from Nur!

The rest of the night and the morning after passed with little of note. The feast was quick to come to a close and the team of adventurers all leapt into their bunk beds, while the morning knocked on the door soon thereafter. Simion took a little while to pull himself out of bed - it was surprisingly comfy for something on the field, which he attributed to Byron's likely massive wealth - and by the time he packed up all of his stuff, including ammunition, gunpowder reserves, stored food and, of course, his hand cannon, most of the team had already left the tent and made their way to the World's Sword itself. When Simion arrived to the rally point, he saw much of the team already gathered there and inquiring Byron on the specifics of the mission.

"Excuse me for my laziness. I'm usually a smidge more diligent than that," the marksman apologized for all of that, though it didn't seem like it mattered all that much. Simion didn't have all that many questions about the mission and the ones he did, namely requesting a map and more specifics on the enemies and obstacles they are going to meet there, had already been asked, so all that was left for him is to listen to Byron's answers and nod accordingly. It's quite a rainbow assortment of obstacles they'll be having on their hands - everything from animated armors to disgusting creatures. Fun times.

And as the team descended down the shaft, Roxana taking care of the lighting with some magic Elven soap until they reached a large oval room which had lighting of its own in the form of torches, they got the chance to meet one of these disgusting, slimy, abhorrent creatures face to face. Or... face to many faces. It was a gibbering mouther, towering over every single member of the party, slowly rolling towards them in a pool of slime and dead bodies. It's... a good thing they didn't have breakfast, the marksman was sure that at least some people would have that breakfast on the floor right now.

Such as, for example, Roxana, who was so disgusted with the monster's physique that she gave it a pass and offered anyone besides her to land the first shot.

"Well, if it's all the same to you..." Simion muttered, tossing his backpack on the ground and going down on one knee behind it - the former to loosen weight off his shoulders and latter to stabilize the shot. The marksman pulled the serpentine lock on his firearm and raised the whole weapon, waiting a few seconds before pulling the trigger. A thunderous sound rocketed the room and a bullet punched through the one of the creature's gaping mouths, coming out through the other side, the wound spraying blood and the creature shrieking in pain, though, despite the precise shot, it didn't seem anywhere closer to death.

"Who's next?" the marksman exclaimed, already starting on reloading his firearm by cleaning the barrel and pouring gunpowder.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Radea
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Radea » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am

Arden Rooke
Red Hill Company Caravan – Attack

-------------------------------------------------
Despite it all, the red-cloaks seemed to be fending off the majority of the smaller creatures, if haphazardly. Between the arrows and blades, enough were being felled to hold the perimeter. That was until the horrible creeping things began to coordinate.
In seemingly rapid clicking and shrills, the chitinous monsters leapt over the protecting ring the legionaries had formed and the engagement devolved into a more lethal melee.
“Uh oh” Arden’s mouth instinctively replied to the deteriorating situation. Although more had fallen to the blade of Paladin Yvonne and the arrows of Vul, their numbers only seemed to shrink a little.

“Stand your ground; don’t get isolated!”

The wood elf had a point. Getting back on his feet, Rooke retreated further back to the wagons, with one of the child-sized beasts on his tail. It leapt to grab him, clacking in a disgusting chirp. In a primal panic, Arden swung his axe round-house while looking over his shoulder. The axe caught the create in the lower torso, severing its organs. Its body flew rag-doll a half foot away. Returning his gaze back to his compatriots, Rooke saw Vul get clawed through his leather jerkin before dexterously finishing off his attackers. Nearby, Yvanne was kneeling over the completely armored Hadrian. It wasn’t looking good.

As he neared the wagons, the Heartlander reduced his locomotion and slid to a stop, landing his heel on a wheel spoke, kicking up dust. A shortsword in one hand, axe in the other, his face seemed unfocused on the battle, but downward at his chest. “Come on. Come on! How do I even -- !”
Just then, his eyes besides his pupils glowed a quick yellow; a flash of magic. Rooke’s breath grew less haggard and his stance toughened. Those who stood around him felt something of a second wind, or at least a relief. His boon, Iron Will, had been activated.
His sight scanned the kid-sized monsters; their will to die waning. The smallest among them had resorted to hiding behind their bigger brethren.
“We got ‘em on the ropes!” Even Arden’s voice seemed reinforced.
Last edited by Radea on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Taber

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Caravan Guard
Asra and Alside

"Damn it!" Asra and Al shouted at the same time, readying their weapons for their sudden unwanted guests.
"I thought this was going to be an easy mission!" Alcide muttered, striking one of the monsters with an arrow. Asra snorted.
"Well, we are on guard duty. Wouldn't make sense if we didn't guard against anything." Asra dispatched with another one of the monsters by running it through with a knife, this Arden guy that was with them seemed to be trying his hardest to keep morale, which wasn't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination. "Y'know, we could just go wolf and finish them off that way."

"And the hassle of trying to change back?!"
"Oh yeah."

Goblin Camp, Pandia
"Damn it!" Pan swore when the goblins started swarming their camp. Holding her staff aloft, she conjured three fireballs and hurled them toward some of the advancing pint-sized monsters, and whacked another few that were close like batting a particularly large fly. "How did these little shits get into the camp anyway?!" Blasting away at a group with another spell and whacking another few, she was grateful that she was wearing traveling robes...the goblins surely would've tripped her if the hem had dragged the ground like they did in normal robes. "I could conjure a wall of fire to stop more from coming near us and slow the advance, but I'd need space! And right now, we don't have the luxury of space!"
Last edited by Nuridia on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:08 am

Roxana Ma'gonid

Roxana watched in an unbroken curiosity as Simion followed through the procedure he followed through almost like clockwork to fire his weapon. It was quite a fascinating curiosity in how the strange weapon was prepared and loaded before a loud thunder came from it as it fire. The loud crack that reverberated through the room made her yelp in surprise wincing her eyes and instinctively placing her hands on her ears. Once she opened her eyes she saw how the weapon had punctured the mass of flesh. Unfortunately, it still blocked the stairs in order to go further down that is until appeared to be having spasms and convulsing letting out quite disgusting sounds. It the started lurching towards the group opening up the stairs. It fleshy, wet, smelly mass moved one mouth t grasp the floor before lurching another pseudopod forward.

Roxana's eyes widened and mouth frowned in disgust before she shook her head and walked next to Simion around an arm's length away as he was kneeling down reloading. Taking a deep breath while grabbing her bow from her back, an ethereal energy seeped from her back before a large white ball, that was her wisp, cloaked in green soup like energy emerged and flew above her head while being connected by an ethereal cord of energy.

"I'll happily take you offer, Simion," smiled Roxana as she gracefully plucked an arrow from her quiver and aligned it on her readied bow. Pulling back the arrow and string her Wisp enveloped the arrow in an ethereal wind-like energy. Alright Dido! Let it have some Flock Arrow!, furiously thought Roxana with a fierce look of determination flashing her face. With great speed the arrow was let loose and as it just escaped the string four ethereal arrows splintered off from it and followed its trajectory straight at the incoming gibbering mouther. They all easily punctured the beast hides leaving behind thin but deep craters that oozed out a thick whitish red liquid. As the monster convulsed towards the group Roxana turned to the rest of the group as she readied another arrow.

"Harold, Lucas, Oberon, you guys are the better ones at melee so i want you guys to flank it and make it spread its limited brainpower to dealing with all three of you. Frey, go strike with your knives in whatever opportunities arise. Me and Simion will offer suppression fire." Turning back at the incoming monster, Roxana let loose another round of flock arrows that all hit their mark creating seeping wounds. Smiling, Roxana tilted her head towards Simion, "Let's see which one of us can take out the most amount of eyes. The smaller the more points, aye?"

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Yvonne Lafaille

As the light on Yvonne’s hands dimmed, she lowered them with a tired sigh. Using her magic exerted a physical toll on her stamina, but the Paladin was unwilling to allow a little bit of fatigue to deter her from doing what she could for her allies. Looking over Hadrian’s still-unconscious form, she noted happily that his breathing seemed to have stabilised, while some colour had pleasantly returned to his features. Hopefully, as long as he didn’t strain himself before they could get him to a proper healer, the Legionnaire would live to fight another day. Yvonne sat for a moment on her knees, her armoured chest rising and falling as she regained her breath while keeping a watchful eye on the man lying before her. A sudden screech pulled her from her reverie however, and Yvonne’s head whirled around towards the sound. Narrowing her eyes, the Paladin saw the remaining creatures falling back slightly in order to regroup. It looked like quite a few of their number had fallen to the party’s arrows and blades, but there was still enough of them that they posed a threat to the caravan which they had been tasked to protect.

Ignoring the tired aches in her limbs, Yvonne pulled herself back to her feet without even the hint of a groan. Reaching down, she once again gripped her axe’s handle as a look of determination settled on her features. The creatures seemed to be amassing in order to better defend themselves, providing some of the legionnaires some much-needed breathing room. However, it also meant that the foul beasts would be searching for more easier targets. Their inhuman clicks filled the air, mixing with the sound of cries and the twang of bowstring. As if on cue, Yvonne saw one of the larger one’s eye stalks twist in her direction, seemingly noticing the unconscious body lying behind her. Gripping onto her axe just a little tighter, the Paladin scowled as the creature seemed to gesture to some of its comrades. The group peeled off from the main horde, jumping and sliding their way closer to where the tired warrior stood guard over her fallen comrade.

Lifting her shield in front of her as she adopted a defensive stance, Yvonne’s eyes darted between her newest foes. She could probably handle them if they had come for her...but that wasn’t her greatest concern. Stealing a glance at the unconscious Hadrian, Yvonne felt a powerful sense of determination welling in her chest. She would not fail her allies when they depended on her most. When those they defended lay weak and vulnerable, that was when a Paladin had to stand firm.

The creatures seemed to hesitate as they saw the fire burning in the woman’s eyes, a few stolen glances between them as if they wondered whether or not they had really picked an easy target. One of the smaller beasts, seemingly impatient and eager for fresh blood, leapt at Yvonne as her attention was focused elsewhere. Hoping to catch the Paladin by surprise, the creature instead was met by a wall of steel as Yvonne’s swiftly moved her shield into its path - thrusting forward so that the heavy piece of metal crashed into the beast’s face. She felt some its bones give way to the blow, but the attack seemed to be the pebble that opened the floodgates as the rest of the creatures quickly joined the assault.

Swinging herself around to deflect a pair of claws with the side of her axe, Yvonne slammed her elbow into the jaw of one creature that made the mistake of drawing to close to her. She couldn’t help but smile as she felt the adrenaline coursing through the veins, the thrill of righteous battle setting her heart ablaze as she thanked the Gods for granting her their strength. Spying one beast trying to sneak past her to where Hadrian still lay, Yvonne quickly twisted her body around to bring her large axe down on its exposed flank. The creature let out a surprised shriek as sharpened steel cut deep into its muscle. Not hesitating at the blood-curdling cry, Yvonne withdrew her weapon with a sharp tug before swinging it around horizontally until it sliced cleanly through another foe’s neck. As if not quite realising that its head had been severed, the creature’s corpse stumbled for a few more steps as its blood spluttered from an exposed artery, the pale fluid mixing with that of its fallen comrades on Yvonne’s plates.

“How are you all holding there?”

The cry tore through the battlefield, carried across the sound of the dotted struggles strewn across the campsite. Yvonne grunted as she shoved aside another creature before she yelled her response.

“I am still holding my own, good Sir!” The Paladin cried, the smile on her features appearing menacing she stood with her bloodied weapon and armour. “Although if someone could tend to Hadrian and move him out of harm's way, I would be most grateful.” Yvonne sidestepped another ferocious attack, allowing a pair of claws to bounce harmlessly off of her armour. “At present, I am unfortunately otherwise preoccupied.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Annabelle
Annabelle gripped her hilt as Pandia addressed her, but relaxed slightly when she she saw the familiar looking armor she and her companions were wearing. She gathered that they were likely from the legion as well. She didn't exactly like the threatening look Pandia was giving her, but she didn't blame her too much. Annabelle wasn't too trusting with strangers, it was hard to be in this kind of work. "I'm Annabelle, a red level member of the legion. I assume you are a member as well?" She was going to continue talking when suddenly Edward Brunwulf came rushing toward them. She recognized him as a member of the guild. It was clear to her now that this was a legion mission she had stumbled upon.

Edward alerted them they needed to move and she hesitated. She knew nothing about this mission and she didn't like going into unknown situations. Her brash and passionate disposition had been replaced by a distant and cautious demeanor since leaving her home. Still, there was a fight in front of her and her training couldn't let her ignore that. Besides people could get hurt if she merely walked away and that would be unfit for a warrior.

"I'm in" She told Edward before heading into the cave. She didn't draw her weapon just yet, waiting for the moment it was actually needed. Her long-sword wasn't the sacred blade that that was her right, but she had forsaken that long ago and this solid and well maintained substitute would suffice.

Solisian Union
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Solisian Union » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Arialista!

The Eastern professional continued to engage the enemy after replenishing her Mana stores. She gladly went into battle, allowing a bit of laughter escape her lips. She dared to become quiet only when her summoned spear and shield became firm in her hands. With the weapon and the guard, Arialista made no hesitation in charging the approaching smaller monsters.

Quickly, she managed to run one down with the shield while her spear impaled the body of another monster to her right. Using her shield to bash the skull of the monster she ran down, she switched her focus to transforming the shield into a short sword that cleverly severed the head of the first one. The spear that was inside the other monster was pulled out. She swung it and saw another head roll.

She was about to continue her killing when she heard a cry for help. It was from Yvonne but to her, she didn't know her name. All she cared for now was someone needed help. At that time, her boons flames became intense.

Arialista rushed to the area she was called to. She saw a paladin defending an unconditional legionnaire. She understood what she said and in return she said to her "Here I am. Defend yourself, your grace. I will bring your friend to safety."

At once, she rushed to the side of the unconscious man and looked him over. He was good to be moved away from here. Without waiting, she let her weapons disappear. Then she took his body and started to carry him away from the fighting.
^_^

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Edward Brunwulf
Goblin Encampment

Edward lightly nodded before turning his attention back to the entrance of the cave. The other members of the party stood by, seeming to be waiting for the call to move into the cave. Before he gave any indication to move, however, he reached into his pack, grabbing a small wooden stick out from it as well as some pieces of cloth. Wrapping the cloth around the end of the stick, he looked over to Valan, holding the unlit torch out in his direction. The pyromancer obliged his request, sending a small flame to the cloth which quickly burst the end into a small fire that lit up the darkness around them.

"Let's go," he said plainly, beginning to walk towards the entrance of the cave. He took his time in doing this, his eyes scanning for any sign of traps that the goblins could have laid down in case of intruders. It was a common tactic they employed, hiding the activation mechanisms in plain sight that would go unnoticed by adventurers either unfamiliar with dealing with the cunning creatures or too much in a rush to remember.

Before the group could fully approach the entrance, however, Edward's eyes picked up on the quiet pattering of bare feet approaching them. Preparing his sword, he watched as a groggy goblin casually walked towards them, its gaze fixed on the ground while it muttered in a seemingly frustrated manner in its harsh tongue. It seemed to take care in following the path, avoiding the pile of leaves which rested on both sides of it. As it reached the entrance of the cave, Edward watched as the goblin suddenly interrupted its stride to take a small hop over what seemed to be nothing. When it landed, it brought its gaze upwards, a shocked look on its face as it was greeted not with its fellow kind but instead a group of armed adventurers.

Before the goblin could even let out a screech, Edward's sword impaled it in the neck, nearly decapitating the creature as it slumped to the ground in a pool of its blood. Edward stood still for a few moments, waiting to see if there were any signs of further movement from down in the cave before he walked up to the now still body of the recently killed goblin. Retrieving his sword, he stared at the entrance of the cave for a few more moments before speaking up.

"Stay on the path, don't step on any of the leaves. There's a tripwire laying above the ground somewhere over there," he said, pointing his now freshly bloodied sword at the spot where the goblin had hopped. He brought his gaze over to Ahmed. "Can you take care of it? I can't see where the line is."

The undead man nodded, throwing his bow over his back before reaching for his knife. He seemed to stare at the ground for a few moments, before his eyes narrowed, the line seemingly found. He motioned for the rest of the party to back away before he began to look around the entrance of the cave in search of where the tripwire led to. His eyes widened after a few moments, before pointing his dagger above them to indicate where the danger was.

They place the leaves to the sides of the path to put a false sense of encouragement in the adventurers after they think they've figured out the trap, only for them to activate the real trap which is located ahead, Edward thought to himself as Ahmed went to work on disarming the tripwire. This isn't the work of a simple band of small goblins then after all then, he uneasily concluded as the Ahmed gave the rest of the party a wave to indicate the path was clear. To prove his point, he walked ahead of the group, giving the rest including Edward the confidence to move forward.

As they made their way down the corridor, torches adorned on the cave walls provided dim light for the adventurers to see. Further down the cave, the sharp and guttural noises that made up the goblin language could be heard, the increasing levels of it making it clear that the rest of the goblins inside were beginning to wake.

"Stop," Edward whispered, getting down onto one knee as the rest of the party halted in their tracks. Pointing down with his finger, he placed their attention on a group of goblins whose attention was centered around the ground below them. They seemed to be angrily conversing with one another, the sound of clattering wood ringing out over their chatter indicating they were likely in the middle of playing some sort of game amongst themselves. From what he could tell, it looked to be a group of roughly a half-dozen of them, their equipment they haphazardly wore showing that they were far from poorly equipped lower-ranked goblins which had been guarding the entrance outside.

Edward began to weight their available options. There's too many to try to take them out all at once discreetly, which means we'll have to commit to a full on offensive, he thought, glancing back to the others in the party. But that doesn't mean we can't bring them to us.

"Valan, Pandia, and Ahmed. Do what you can to take out that group of goblins from here. The rest of us will hold our ground and kill any of them that make it through the ranged attack. Agreed?"
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:49 am

Absolon-7 wrote:---

Success. As expected.

Sylanna allowed herself the briefest of smiles as she felt, rather than see, her sword cutting through the pale monstrosity's arm and severing it altogether. A success indeed, though the battle was not yet won, and she knew it. A creature without an arm could still fight, even if less effectively, and this particular one had many more to spare than your average beast, which was generally four-legged. Whatever the case, though, the fact was that she had inflicted critical damage on her foe, and while that was an advantage, it also meant that it would seek to defend itself and launch a counterattack at any second.

Her suspicions were proven correct just a second later, as the pale beast reached toward her with two of its remaining arms. Predictable. She thought, scoffing at the sight. Having expected something similar, the Snow Elf was easily able to leap out of the way of the monster's attack, twirling the sword in her hand as her mind raced to determine her next target. Continuing to cripple and weaken the beast was a safe and effective course of action, but it required time that she ultimately didn't have; she was responsible for the Red Cloaks on this mission, and she had make sure the smaller foes would not overwhelm them.

Before she could finish her train of thought, however, it came. The horrifying screech. Just the same as the one that had echoed through the forest hours earlier, but much louder, enough to momentarily stun her, and seemingly enough to blast away nearby twigs and pebbles. She could only guess how badly Strauch was being affected, but naturally that was not her priority at the moment.

What in the ancestors' names?! She questioned, awed by the being's capacity for inducing fear and paralysis with its voice. But as she gazed upon the sight before her, an idea suddenly came to mind. "Wait, yes, that's it!" She muttered to herself, realizing that what the monster was really doing was offer her a prime opportunity for taking it down with just one more mortal blow. Looking up at the sky, she could see by the rays filtering through the dense canopy that there were still a few hours of sunlight left, and, more importantly, enough solar power to fuel her strike.

Suddenly, the elven knight's armor began emitting a bright glow, resembling sunshine itself, and with strength and agility much greater than what she had displayed so far, Sylanna leaped towards the pale fiend, aiming to rend its head from its body.

Ancestors, guide my blade!

Hearing Roxana's indications, Frey looked up at her from the map he had been eyeing ever since the group walked into the barrow beneath the World-Sword and nodded, folding the piece of parchment. "Will do, m'lady. Just hold onto this, will you? If any of that disgusting thing's goop gets on it, we're going to be very lost down there." He stated, waiting until she was done barraging the gibbering mouther before politely handing her the map Byron had given him. Then, with the same carefree attitude he'd displayed to Roxana and the other legionnaires ever since meeting them, he began walking down the stair towards the approaching fiend, hands well away from the myriad scabbards that hung menacingly from his belt. As if following an unspoken command, Gale and Gust flew around the room for a moment before settling down on the railing that surrounded the oval room, well away from Simion and his thundering noise.

As the former pirate approached, the slimy monster seemed to take note of it, some of its many plundered eyes directing their unfocused gazes at him, watching intently as he drew closer and closer. Then, as soon as he walked within a few feet of it, one of its mouths lunged forward, a set of teeth held together only by the gibbering mouther's foul ooze snapping open in order to take a good bite out of him. With lightning fast reflexes, however, Frey lightly sidestepped the incoming attack. His right hand reached down to grab the hilt of one of his weapons, pulling it out and severing the mouth from its host in the same fluid motion.

"Bet you weren't expecting that, buddy." He said with a confident smile on his face as he shook the slime off his blade with a flick of his wrist and then lightly tossed it into the air, revealing that the butterfly sword he had pulled out of its scabbard was not just a single sword, but two. Catching them as they fell, the rogue continued walking, tiptoeing around the radius of the mouther's sludge and chopping off any mouths that approached him, firmly believing that if he baited enough of them, the creature would be significantly less dangerous for his teammates to take on. With this in mind he moved gracefully around the oval room, his agility giving him the edge over the gibbering mouther's rather limited means of attack.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Frey

Simion Valerin, the marksman from Nur!

Simion's call for someone to take on the gibbering mouther while he reloads was responded to almost immediately. Roxana stepped besides him and opened fire with her bow, releasing an arrow imbued with ethereal energy which pierced through the monster in one powerful blow. Frey took the reins of distracting it in melee, meanwhile, pulling out his sword and slashing through some of the mouths. Simion watched the two fellow Legionnaires attack with one eye while keeping tabs on his hand cannon with the other, pouring in gunpowder, making sure the match inside is still lit and working, then pushing in the paper cartridge.

At least until Roxana suddenly spoke to him directly, offering a challenge. Both of them are going to be offering suppressing fire to the melee fighters, so why not see which one of them has a better eye and can score more eye shots? Simion let out a faint snicker while pushing in the round through the barrel of the cannon, then pulled his gun back into both of his hands, stood back up on his feet and replied:

"Are the mouths double score or half score?"

Without waiting for an answer, Simion took aim at the distracted gibbering mouther. Obviously, since my weapon reloads a lot slower than even the most antiquated bow, I'm in a bit of a disadvantage here... but what says I have to hit just one of the eyes with each shot?

Simion pulled down the serpentine lock and opened fire - this time not at the main chunk of deformed mass, but instead allowing the bullet to slash through the gibbering mouther's side, punching through several eyes and mouths as it went and leaving an elongated, bleeding wound in its wake. Kneeling down to reload once again, the marksman offered a glance and a smirk to Roxana, as if offering her to try to one-up him.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Oberon Klask

Well, at least Byron gave them actual information this time. Some of the information on the armors, traps, and how to set them off was extremely helpful, especially as visibility was extremely limited down in the burrows. A map was even more helpful. Any scrap of information would help, considering the fact that most of them were novices with very little contract experience. It was important that they had all the planning they could, because if this dig site could kill dozens of workers, who knows what it could do to them.

With a final goodbye to Byron, the group of adventurers set off into the dark ruins, their footfalls giving off muffled, dusty echoes. The corridors were roughly hewn out of the earth, with no illumination and traces of pebbles and sand streaking across the dark tombs. Roxana eventually pulled out a tiny glowing stick that gave some light, but it was barely enough to see properly. Oberon found himself bumping into everyone constantly, slowly shuffling forward to avoid bowling someone over, stooping to avoid getting his head taken off by a rogue stalactite.

Eventually, the corridors got wider, opening up into a large, intricately designed oval room, railings snaking around the edges of the expansive space. Relieved, Oberon stretched out, feeling sharp pains from the cramps in his back and neck, reminders of all the craning and hunching he had been forced through. However, his period of rest was cut short by several...unpleasant noises. Coming out of a delicate arch, seemingly stretching down into another tunnel. The noises sounded like gurgles, splotching noises, like something moist was sucking away at the stone. It made Oberon's stomach churn. Uneasily, he stepped forward, grasping the railing and leaning over to see...what looked like a pile of slime with eyes and mouths, churning over some mangled limbs. A foul stench reached up, putrid in Oberon's nose and thick in his lungs.

He closed his eyes to blink for a moment, only to hear a loud CRRRRACK, as a gunshot rang through the air and made a small slicing noise. A gushing noise came up after, along with several screechy cries, as the wet noises began to grow louder. Blast-Brain. He could tell by the smoke coming out of his cannon. A bold move, albeit slightly thick-headed, as this gibbling mouther thing began to travel up the stairs, it's body mass blocking the way as it emerged out into the open room, the Legionnaires keelhauling to put some distance between them and the creature. They would need to strike well.

Frey had charged first, tiptoeing around the creature like a thief as he slashed and jabbed and teased the monster, eventually goading it into striking range. One good swing, and the mouth was severed. He continued his romantic dance as the monster emerged into the open, mouths coming off one after another, only aided by Blast-Brain's bullets.

"OY, PEABRAIN!" Oberon called out teasingly, quickly using long strides, to hop around to the monster's....back, or so he assumed. With a twirl, the staff slid smoothly into his palms, and with the jolt of a wrist, a delicate poke was made, jabbing the mouther's eye. Cutting across in big leaps, he continued to jab and smack the beast with his thick staff of oak, attempting to keep it occupied as Simion and Frey did their work. He was big, but he could move with delicate grace, and the spasming ugliness of the beast was no match for his prowess.
yea bro idk

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Luca Greyfoot
    Heirloom Quest

Gods.. that thing looks disgusting.

Sure enough, Byron was right that gibbering mouthers were down in the barrow, and very ugly ones, at that. He was correct that there was one in the first major room, the amalgamation of flesh and mouths blocking their way as it made its disgusting, slimy sounds like all mouthers did. Luca wrinkled up his nose in disgust, instinctively reaching for his sword. Simion fired first, his weapon letting out a deafening crackle through the enclosed area as chunks of the monster were blown away. However, it seemed to be of no effect, as the mouther continued blocking the steps, gurgling as it began to attack the group.

Luca, on the other hand, was still trying to shake off the tinnitus in his ears from Simion firing his weapon in an enclosed area, causing his ears to ring loudly as he looked up in agony at the mouther, and at the large, toothy tendril currently flying towards him. Instinctively, Luca swiped up with the only thing he could at the moment — his bare fists, reeling his hand back as his sharp claws tore through something on a moment, ripping open a medium-sized gash on the mouther's limb-thing. It didn't seem to do much damage itself, but it was a powerful enough blow to send the monster back, causing it to re-focus on the rest of the group.

Turning to the other Legionnaires, Luca frowned at Simion reloading his weapon, shaking his head as the ringing subsided. "Are you trying to make me a damn deaf, Simion?!" He gritted his teeth as the Illumina cleared its scabbard, the large runic greatsword letting out a whoosh briefly as Luca leveled the otherwise unwieldy slab of sharpened metal in front of him, forming his signature "ready" stance. Roxana suggested that he and the other melee fighters flank the creature, which was a good tactic in practice given how simple-minded creatures like mouthers were. The only problem with her plan was actually trying to get to the mouther itself, which obviously outclassed him in terms of range and agility.

"Alright. Sounds like a good plan, but I don't want to be turned into mush. Let me take a different route over there, and you can consider that thing dead."

Clutching his blade in one hand and flattening his palm, Luca took off onto a dead sprint away from the group and towards the amalgam, quickly reaching his top speed as he snapped his head to the side, looking straight at the mouther that had lunged at him. While the beast was busy being engaged by the others in the party, Luca suddenly snapped away from his shuttle run and rolled towards the monster, evading a mouth-part that swung at him with as much grace as one would expect from a nearly 300 pound Lycan. In other words, it was a rather violent and quick roll rather than a graceful one. Clambering onto his feet, and making sure not to step near whatever sludge that was being oozed from mouther, Luca balled his free hand into a fist and swung his arm down, a powerful clap signalling his successful blow as the mouther's fleshy limb-thing made a loud splat on the ground in front of him.

He howled a vulgar insult at the creature as he moved into an attack. "Eat shit, you milk-drinker!"

Before it could move again, Luca planted his boot down firmly on the limb, gripping his heavy sword as he swung upwards with as much force as he could, looking to take away as much of the mouther as he could in one mighty swing. Along with his sword came an assortment of viscera, eyes, and mouths, some dark and chunky liquid painting the walls as Luca used his momentum to bring his blade down once more, using his brute strength more than his agility to cleave away as much of the monster as he could, without compromising his own safety.
Last edited by Turmenista on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 pm

In the middle of the Tarchuna Forest
Ancestors, guide my blade!
As the pale beast continued screeching its banshee wail at the Witch Hunter it suddenly felt a burning cut on its neck that grew and grew and grew by the second before its extended neck fell on the forest clearing's grassy floor. It body slumped over in a mess of papery limbs that were soiled by its clear gooey blood spurting blood. Its decapitated neck convulsed and twisted itself around as the charred areas flaked off in black crisp chunks. It's neck's oozing wound suddenly spurted barbed thorn covered tentacles that in an exercise of futility failed to grasp at anyone before it slowly settled down and died. It head nudged from side to side for a few seconds before falling to stillness.

The small eye-stalked monsters now with a large number of their own dead and the larger creature defeated now all scattered in the direction of the woods. They left all combatants behind and leaped over the carriages and horses in a desperate escape. Eventually there were none left save for the corpses of the dead creatures that all left pools of blue blood caked limbs and carcasses strewn all over. Pier, stuck his head out off his chief merchant wagon which he had scrambled to in the middle of the attack before carefully stepping out and addressing the Legionnaires.

"Very well done, all of you really," said Pier, "Now please dispose of these things' carcasses. Wouldn't be sanitary leaving them all to rot near where we will be eating and sleeping."

After ordering them all to clean up the place, Pier instructed the Legionnaires that they were free to rest and converse for the rest of the day but to make sure they establish who'd be on guard duty for the night. Pier then went back inside his wagon to attend to his company's ledgers while the wagon drivers took care of their horses and started the making of a campfire for soup with some even offering the Legionnaires portions of it. For indeed, this night would feel like a long night.

Toaslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Toaslandia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Krel walked up to Hadrian, who was now awake, and guided him to their wagon. Once he was in, she walked over to one of the creatures carcasses and dragged it into the forest. She then spoke. "I volunteer for guard duty for the night. Wouldn't want one of you to fall asleep and have more creatures come and kill us all." After making her announcement, she grabbed her spear and began patrolling the perimeter.

Hadrian fell asleep as soon as he got into the wagon where his supplies where. His wounds were bleeding again, and if he didn't get to a healer soon, he would probably not be much help in a fight. He drifted into a troubled sleep, where he relived the deaths of his fellow Serpents again, and again, and again.
Founder of The United Imperial Provinces and proud colonizer of space!

A class 1.181 civilization according to this index

Just a Socialist trying to live in Trump America

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 pm

So far so good. The group was turning the goblins into mince meat and he was turning them into ashes. No spores survived. Under his mask, Valan was smiling. His swings with his sword had become more vigorous, his flames notably hotter, though still kept under control. How much he loved torching things. As they made their way into the cave, Edward explained the trap. Using the leaves to pretend like there were traps, only to have a much more dangerous one ahead. Which the stranger they picked up had already gone ahead to disarm. Which was unusually clever for goblins to come up with. Not that it'd matter, there weren't too many things that would stand up to being scorched with the almighty cleansing flame.

Surprisingly, the plan was going rather well. The goblins were not expecting an attack to be this hard and vicious in the camp, and these goblins were blissfully unaware of the fate that was about to befall them. Edward told him, the mage and the undead ranger to start taking the group out. "Oh don't worry about that, save your arrows and energy. I've got this." He said, with the tiniest bit of blood thirst in his voice. He stepped forward enough that the goblins noticed him, but could do nothing but realize they were in for a grisly fate.

Valan sheathed his sword, summoning an immense fire storm. Giant pillars of flame shot from under the ground, incinerating the green skinned monsters. "Burn you little monsters, buuuuuurrrrrn... Feel the wrath of the flame! Ha haaa!" He cackled about to start shouting at the top of his lung, but catching himself once again. So easy to slip... Have to practice more. He thought and went back to assuring the flame only scorched the goblins and not any of the potential valuables that remained. Oh how much fun he was having and wished he could keep going. "Filth scorched. Edward, for future reference, please do not tell me how pyromancy works. I think you'll find I am more than competent in my craft." He spoke confidently.

Aayla nodded. "You're so much more fun like this. You should start bonfires more often."

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 am

Witch Hunter Wilhard

Strauch has faced many monsters before: some chaos, others more bestial, and the rest blasphemous in design. But what tied them all together was that one last look into the maw of death when his good eye pierced the darkness when the monster gave one last shriek that blew the hat off of the Witch Hunter.

Unfortunately for the monster, Strauch wasn't fighting the thing alone when its head was blown clean off from the rest of its body. The old man simply took a few steps back to avoid getting swiped at by the last ditch efforts of the tentacles and claws. When the body finally went limp and the smaller creatures scatter, Wilhard picked up his hat with a thunderous cackle in his laughter.

"Snow Elf! The Ancestors are with you today!" He congratulated Sylanna with a good pat on the back. "What a gorgeous strike that was."

Toaslandia wrote:Krel walked up to Hadrian, who was now awake, and guided him to their wagon. Once he was in, she walked over to one of the creatures carcasses and dragged it into the forest. She then spoke. "I volunteer for guard duty for the night. Wouldn't want one of you to fall asleep and have more creatures come and kill us all." After making her announcement, she grabbed her spear and began patrolling the perimeter.

Hadrian fell asleep as soon as he got into the wagon where his supplies where. His wounds were bleeding again, and if he didn't get to a healer soon, he would probably not be much help in a fight. He drifted into a troubled sleep, where he relived the deaths of his fellow Serpents again, and again, and again.

"No need Krell." Strauch intervene while he took out strips of paper, write circle-shaped runes on them which caused the papers to be set of fire, and tossed them on the corpses to burn. "The giant devoured the sleep I had in me. Young'uns like you deserve a rest for the night. I'll alert for anymore dangers."
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Union Princes wrote:---

With practiced grace, the elven knight landed on the other side of the clearing, shaking the half-evaporated remains of grey sludge off her burning blade with a swift movement of her hand as the glow around her faded away. With a sigh of relief, she turned back to watch as the monster writhed in agony during the last moments of its life, her mouth curling in a grimace as she saw it sprout several barbed tendrils that attempted to attack her and Wilhard, to no avail: it could no longer see, much less fight. After a few moments, the beast finally fell to the ground, thoroughly lifeless, and Sylanna sheathed her sword, the flames that bathed it subsiding as her wisp left the blade and returned to its host to rest within.

WIth her job done, the Snow Elf turned to look at the rest of the battlefield. Dozens of the smaller creatures lay lifeless on the ground, either cleaved in twain by a large bladed weapon, felled by arrows that had flown true to their targets, or killed through some other means. It seemed that despite the unfortunate fate suffered by one of their members, the Red Cloaks had managed to hold their own fairly well against unfavorable odds. Gazing upon the scene as the rest of the party regained their bearings after an arduous fight, she felt a pat on the back and smiled at Strauch's compliment.

"They are always with me, Witch Hunter, but it is in moments like these that we prove our worth to them."

Before long, the cowardly merchant from before emerged from the front wagon of the caravan and addressed the party. He hadn't made himself out to be a particularly likeable employer so far, but his current orders made sense. With a sigh, she resolved to do that in a moment, but first, she figured that talking to the party was in order. Keeping that thought in mind, she approached the Red Cloaks after Pier had headed off to tend to his business.

"Excellently done, everyone, I commend you all on your efforts. Thanks to you, the caravan remains untouched by the enemy. While it is unfortunate that some of you received injury, that is not uncommon in this line of work, so let's all be grateful that no one suffered an irreversible fate." She spoke with a sincere voice and a friendly smile. While normally she wouldn't feel the need to direct those words at fellow legionnaires, the fact that there were various members who were brand new and on the younger side made her think that it wouldn't be amiss.

After addressing the group as a whole, she approached Yvonne, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You did well in opting to go and tend to our wounded ally. I'm sure a more authoritative Purple Cloak would berate you for defying orders, but I appreciate your initiative." She said warmly. "I'd hate to impose on you, but if any of our fellow legionnaires have serious injuries as well, could I ask you to look after them?" She requested, before looking at the others.

"The rest of you, you heard our employer. Let's do our best to clear the area of corpses." She instructed. And with that, the Snow Elf walked up to the pale fallen fiend, grabbing one of its undamaged limbs and beginning to drag it away from the clearing.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

Radea
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Radea » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Union Princes wrote:---

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:---

Arden Rooke
Red Hill Company Caravan – The Dust has settled

-------------------------------------------------
The magically-infused solar leap on the hulking, pale abomination distracted Arden from the smaller creatures before him. His jaw couldn’t help but slowly creep open in awe of Sylanna the Purple Cloak’s attack. Her blade, aglow in celestial energy, cleaved the horrific creature’s head from its body. It writhed and collapsed into death before the snow elf even touched the ground.
“Ah, so… that’s why she has the purple cloak.” Arden explained to himself. His attention was brought back to his immediate presence when he heard the chittering of the smaller fiends. Rooke lowered himself briefly in a battle pose but then realized they were scattering; making for the woods and away from danger. Slowing rise to a more relaxed stance, his face betrayed his initial confusion followed by relieved jubilee, “Gods… we did it. I survived.”

Sheathing his short sword and hooking away his axe, Arden released how stiff his joints were. The adrenaline was draining. Pier, who had taken a commanding position inside the protected wagons, appeared with the coast clear. Arden huffed through his nose at the merchant’s orders. The caravaner made it seem like it was an afternoon walk, despite it all. Although certainly one not to buck the man who paid his contract, Arden took timelier care to begin picking up the butchered pale creatures when Sylanna had ordered her legionaries to get to work.

Gripping the two halves of a previously whole monster, Rooke hoisted them over his shoulders and looked to see where others had disposed of the corpses. Some drug them into trees, but Strauch… Inquisitor Strauch had lit a fire with an incantation. That seemed more sensible and Arden had grown to respect the veteran fighter more. The Witch Hunter had helped take on the massive abomination and held his own, when Rooke wasn’t so sure he would have. The flames licked hissed upward as the Heartlander dropped the two halves into the summoned fire.

“You… uh, you did well Inquisitor Strauch. I thank you for protecting us,” Arden expressed solemnly, only glancing at the older man before moving on to pick up more remains.
Rooke felt relieved to hear that others were volunteering to take the first shift of the night patrols. Not that he didn’t feel capable, and he would serve in such a role if needed, but his clumsy fighting style meant that he needed to clean himself up later. His shoulder pauldron was coasted in the crushed viscera of his first kill. Time by a campfire would allow that repetitive work and maybe some time to process.
Formerly known as Taber

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:50 am

Roxana Ma'gonid

Roxana held and released her breath in increments as she continued to pepper the monster with her arrows, both real and ethereal. Her eyes narrowed as the beast struggled to attack the melee members of the party as as soon as it attacked in one angle it would be attacked from three others thus it could not give more than a few lunges and bites without much avail. The putrid misshapen blob of eyes, mouths, and clumps of hair appeared to be bleeding out severely and chunks of it were strewn all over the places as the Redcloaks kept lopping pieces off. A sly smirk filled her face as she drew her bow once again but not before Simion spoke up.

"Are the mouths double score or half score?"

"Let's go with half cause they're way bigger than the eyes," coyly said Roxana as raising her eyebrow as Simion proceeded to blast through a great number of appendages and eyes on the gibbering mouther much to her approval. His strange weopon's ammo left a cavernous wound of oozing viscera in its wake that made the creature let out a mass of incomprehensible screeches. Simion offered a smirk as if he was challenging her to one up him and well she was the one who started this impromptu game. Might as well put her money where her mouth is. With the current arrow she drew as far as she could before enveloping the arrow in her wisp's aura but this was not like the others as towards the back the aura was much more concentrated almost in a ball. Releasing the string, the arrow rocketed forward and an incredibly higher speed then before as the extra energy in the back propelled it forward and into the monster's hide boring a great hole before exiting the other side leaving behind a very large opening one could the other side even.

"I do believe this what they call a check in chess, no?" said Roxana smiling smugly at Simion. As she took a deep breath as this constant use of her wisp was beginning to tire her she saw the efforts of her party finally starting to take fruit as the monster seemed almost to deflate into a soggy mass of flesh. The monster seemingly aware of its imminent demise raced its eyes in all directions in a panic before settling its eyes on one member of the party. As its exterior parts started to slow down and deflate, one last corner of its heaved in an incredible burst of speed itself forward ripping itself from its body and lunged at....Frey! From the gaping wound it created to rid itself of its main body she could almost see what was a brain stem poking out. As she drew her bow in order to hopefully strike it down before it harmed Frey she let out a yell.

"Frey watch out!," yelled Roxana.

McDooggle Bluff, Red-Eyes Goblin Tribe
As the goblins outside made their last ditch effort to survive the clangs and screams of battle echoed into the nearby sleeping chambers of the Goblin cave. First it was twitching ears followed by a few rustling heads before finally the smell of burning goblin flesh roused some of them to a panic which in turn alerted the rest. Now that the group was in a panic they swarmed out of their sleeping chambers to the origin of the sounds of battle and onwards to facing the group of Legionnaires. In total a group of 27 shabbily armored and crudely armed goblins came to face the group.

"GATHA UP DA BOYZZZ! NEED SUM TEEF FO US!," screamed one goblin in the back of the group in the usual high pitched yet gravely voice all goblins shared.

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 pm

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
where the fuck is my ground support

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Annabelle
Annabelle unsheathed her sword as the fighting had alerted the other goblins. Now there was a swarm of them, at least two dozen, charging at the legion party. Annabelle knew the drill and played it conservative in terms of attacking the goblins. She couldn't use her true abilities without risking detection, so instead she mostly played defense, protecting the backs and blind sides of her newly found quest mates. She moved gracefully and swiftly, her blade swiping against Goblin steal as they pressed their advance. As three goblins attempted to surround her, she quickly dodged their attack with a graceful swing, slashing the ankles of the one left. The goblin shrieked in pain and attempted to step towards the warrior before its legs abandoned it and it crumbled to the floor. The other two then turned to face her and charged to avenge their fallen brethren. Both wore old and rusted iron armor that was likely stolen from any poor scouts or mercenaries that had wandered in her in the past. One was armed with a spear and a shield, while the other held a massive mace. The mace wielding goblin charged first and he was fairly easy to dispel as he ran without any regard for defense. Annabelle merely side stepped and let the goblin trip over its own feet. She quickly stabbed it in the back with deadly precision, ending its life. The last goblin was more cautious, and slowly approached with its spear menacingly pointing forward. Annabelle took a defensive stance and waited for it to get closer, then she charged forward aggressively, knocking back its shield with brute force. When it tried to lung forward with its spear she grabbed it with her free hand, pulling the goblin forward and stabbing it in the stomach. She quickly stepped back, not wanting to get goblin guts on her armor.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Edward Brunwulf
Goblin Encampment

“Here they come,” Edward said, ignoring the comments of the pyromancer and instead preparing for the oncoming horde of goblins that were rushing up the tunnel towards them. With a grunt, he rushed forward to meet them, taking care not to get too far away from the group but allowing the ranged weapon users plenty of space.

The first goblin he met let out a malevolent cackle as it held its large war axe above its head, intending to use the massive weight of the weapon to split through the armored opponent. Edward didn’t stop his advance, however, instead keeping his eyes on the wrist of the goblin. The moment he saw it twitch, he lifted his buckler up to meet the oncoming blow, deflected the axe head away from his body in a flurry of sparks. The goblin, having put too much force into his swing, was unable to stop himself from stumbling forward, only for Edward’s sword to pierce through its exposed neck. Twisting the blade, he ripped it clean from the goblin’s neck, leaving only a few strands of tissue keeping the head connected to the rest of the creature’s body.

A blur of movement in the corner of his eye made Edward turn around and raise his sword, blocking the swinging path of another goblin’s sword who had attempted to take him by surprise. The goblin let out a surprised yelp before a swift kick was delivered at its weak knees, causing it to crumple to the ground with a pained groan. When it looked up from the ground, it was met with the sight of the bottom of Edward’s leather boot, which quickly planted downwards. A large crack could be heard as the facial bones of the goblin were smashed into pieces, a large foot-sized indent caved into its face as Edward lifted his now bloodied foot away from the mortally wounded creature.

Turning around back to the bulk of the goblins, Edward saw a pair of goblins charging towards him, a look of blind blood-rage on their expressions as they sought to avenge their fallen comrades. Before they could reach him, however, an arrow suddenly shot through the darkness, embedding itself into the eye socket of one of the goblins with a wet crunch. Edward didn’t look back, but he was glad to know that the others behind him weren’t slacking.

The final goblin, realizing it was in the sights of an archer as well now, raised its crude shield in front of it in an attempt to protect itself. However, this only resulted in the creature obscuring its vision, as when it lowered the shield to look for Edward, it was instead met with empty air in front of it. The goblin let out a confused gurgle before suddenly a sword impaled through its back, the creature being lifted off of its feet before being thrown off into the rocky walls of the cave.

With this goblin dealt with, Edward moved onto his next opponent, a seemingly younger goblin based on its size and poor equipment. The creature seemed to hesitate to approach, having quickly learned that its opponent was far different than the local villagers it had preyed upon before. As Edward’s metal frame began to quickly rush towards it, it attempted to turn around to flee, only for an unforgiving grip to wrap around its neck from behind.

The creature attempted to wiggle free, its struggles quickly becoming weaker as the grip around its neck tightened so much that not even a hint of air could pass through its throat. Before the goblin could pass out, it suddenly found itself being tossed through the air, colliding with another goblin and landing in a crumpled pile. The stunned goblin tried to get off of its comrade to escape, but a sharp pain caused it to let out a gurgled scream, the goblin below it too letting out a scream as Edward’s sword pierced through the both of them, pinning them together.

Edward twisted his sword in a harsh ninety degree turn before pulling the blade out from the two goblins, the sword covered in their remains. His armor too had been stained with splashes of deep crimson, a testament to the brutal nature in which he fought against the goblins with. Underneath his helmet, his hair had begun to stand up, his mouth snarled like an animal as his senses began to increase exponentially in ability.

Wolf’s Blood had began to activate within him outside of his own will. Only once before had it done such a thing, and given the current situation compared to what had happened then, he had no doubts why it had occurred. He could feel his heart race increasing as the blood in his veins seemed to burn up like streams of fire within. A sense of blood lust was beginning to creep within his mind, one that he was barely able to contain.

The sound of footsteps behind him made him turn around, his eyes being greeted with the sight of another goblin who was now shakily holding onto his spear, neither retreating nor advancing, apparently having learned that neither option was safe. Edward walked up to the cowering creature, his sword hanging from his side.

The goblin, realizing its fate, tried to stab forward with its spear with a panicked thrust, only to find the wooden spear handle grasped by the metal monster approaching it. Snapping the wooden shaft in half, Edward turned the remainder in his hand around, and with no hesitation slammed the spear shaft into the throat of the creature.

"Who's next?" Edward said in a low ominious voice, looking around to see if any goblins remained or if the rest of the group had finished them off already.
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Seemingly remaining unchallenged by the hideous monster that slithered across the floor, Frey continued to dance through the room, wielding his two short, wide blades to deadly effect while simultaneously keeping himself just out of the creature's range thanks to his outstanding agility. While he certainly wasn't doing too much damage by lopping off a mouth or an eye now and then--most of the damage was being done by Roxana, followed by Simion and some of the heavy hitters that had jumped into the fray after himself--it was not an exaggeration to say that the fight was child's play for him. Certainly, had he been by himself, he would've needed much more time to wear down the mouther, but if it displayed as little threat to him as it had so far, it would not be difficult, only tedious.

Still. This is getting a little tedious, too. How much of a fight does this thing still have in it? The rogue wondered, taking a step back from the gibbering mouther to take a breath and shake some of the creature's disgusting goop off his swords, believing himself out of reach and safe for now. Of course, it was then that the creature decided that, with its last remaining strength, it would try to pick off one of the members of the party, and it only made sense that it would try to go for the one that appeared to be currently distracted doing something else--assuming the mouther was capable of thought and decision, anyway.

Regardless, it chose wrong.

Hearing Roxana's cry, Frey turned back to the gibbering mouther only to notice the disembodied mass of flesh and teeth that was currently flying straight towards him. For a moment, his eyes went wide in surprise, but he quickly subdued his thoughts, knowing that only swift action would save him. It doesn't seem to be going low enough that I can't go under... alright, let's do this.

For all purposes, the former pirate seemed to vanish entirely before the mouther's desperate attack reached him, his twin swords falling to the ground with a loud metallic noise. The creature's guts harmlessly flew past where he had stood just a moment earlier before crashing against the wall at the end of the room. A few seconds afterwards, the young man reappeared next to the main body of the gibbering mouther, his two daggers sticking out of the monster's brain, right next to the arrow Roxana had fired at it.

Looking up for a moment, Frey quickly spotted the High Elf and offered her a smile and a small wave. "Thanks for the warning, boss!"

Auropa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auropa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Corven Roche
The Paean Legion Headquarters

‘Strike, strike, move, block, grab and stab’
‘Stike, strike, move, block, grab and stab’

Training was one of the few things Corven had just about always kept with him, despite everything, he found the slow, repetitive motions calming and damn near nostalgic. Though after years of repetition, he did like to twist and add to the patterns as he went.

‘Strike -slash-, strike -overhead-, move -pommel-,block -counter-, grab-shiv- and stab’

To any observers it might have looked like the training dummy had suddenly thrown a stinging insult as Corven’s steady paced blows quickened to merciless, lightning fast strikes. While his over-the-top set brought a satisfied smirk to his lips, he doubted that the sudden burst of speed would get anything more than a second glance around here. As it turned out, the legion did in fact have a downright disturbing number of highly skilled warriors, shockingly proving more than a few rumours right for once. Although he hadn’t been there long, Corven had already seen a few individuals with more skill and strength than he could’ve ever expected and if the repetitive cracks at dawn suggested anything, it was that there was even at least one gunpowder user. Though in truth, that was probably why he was still here. Maybe it was curiosity, childlike wonder or the fighter inside him, but something about the legion made him feel like he should stay and see where it would lead him, plus the inbuilt tavern didn’t hurt.

With the thought of a cool drink now on his mind, Corven decided to draw his exercise to a close with one last show. After finishing another set, he took a half step back and brought his sword low before pushing off and hurling himself into the air with a spin, bringing his sword around and above him as he went before finally slamming it down, and a good two-thirds through, his target.
"Well then…" He muttered to himself as he wrenched the sword free and watched the once high-quality piece of training equipment steadily slump, then topple over its now unsupported weight "…Time for lunch".

After leaving in search of plausible deniability, he couldn’t help but note how the headquarters had seemingly gotten quieter over the last few days. Apparently, some uppity, purple cloaked high-elf came in, grabbed a number of red cloaks and caused a spike in activity as everyone moved in to take all the good contracts. ‘Not that there was anything wrong with people taking work’ he figured glumly as he made his way towards the tavern. The problem for him though, was how he had been putting off his own share of work in favour of exploring the streets of Velathri and lazing about its gentle hills. While he didn’t regret a moment of it, his coin pouch had suffered greatly from his negligence and had now left him in a proverbial pit of debt. When he finally entered the tavern, his mind couldn’t help but drift towards the bulletin board. Sure, he could last a while on good faith, IOUs and scraps, but even he would eventually need to earn his keep.
Last edited by Auropa on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse