NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life, the Universe & Everything 2 [OOC OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

B A C K G R O U N D&P S Y C H O L O G Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section.
CURRENT OCCUPATION OR SPECIALTY: Journalist

GREATEST STRENGTH AS AN INDIVIDUAL: Strength of convictions and strength.

WHAT IS THE CHARACTER'S GREATEST FLAW: Constant self-doubt and ineffectiveness, also alcoholism.

BIOGRAPHY (written in first person): I was a very intelligent child, you see, back when I was a regular human. I was able to write great pieces for my teachers, and they were extremely impressed by this, and many even said I should become an author, even saying that I may even become famous. But you see, the reason I never did, the reason I turned to nihilism is because my parents were religious nutjobs and forced me to read 'holy' books and the like, constantly whipping and abusing me, treating me as nothing more than cattle, even setting up a place at a monastery for me. So I, from reading those books, learned that perhaps, these 'authorities' are tyrannic and so our faith must be changed. After escaping at about 18, I became one of those new age hippie things, even learning how to channel my spirit and change my form, harnessing knowledge and the universe, using energy to morph myself into different objects, from even things resembling inanimate objects or a human-sized dragon. However, I slowly, after taking a lot of drugs and alcohol at one point to cope with my nightmares and trauma, I finally matured into a human being: [There is no morality. No existence and nothing at all. I slipped into a depressive state, only performing basic functions, living in a rundown apartment working as low-paid office worker. Eventually, as I accumulated money and rank, and got away from my depression, I forged a new path in my life: I was going to make the world better, telling people the truth and all that. So I had three choices: politician, journalist or teacher. I went with journalist as, despite my writing skills, I was never a good orator because of my childhood trauma and shaken confidence, whilst I had barely any confidence for teaching too. So at the age of about 25, I set about taking an English and Philosophy degree. I got my degree, and almost went on to get a doctorate in English, but I decided that that cost too much, so I went into journalism. First, I wrote for a rather small yet interesting environmentalist magazine known as "Earth Rebellion", and actually grew the readership by 60,000 (Which was quite a lot for the magazine), and soon got my own section to attract more readers, then I switched on to a bigger magazine, the Express of the New World, which was a very pro-science and almost utopian magazine, and repeated my success again and again. However, I must admit, my successes weren't perfectly clean. I bribed people, hired hackers, blackmailed some informants. Sometimes you need to expose liars for who they are: oil tycoons for hiding scientific studies, a secretary for trying to hide his affair...But anyway, I soon moved to the Apartment and here I am now.

O B J E C T I V E S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section.

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Overcoming all his moral confusions and fixing the world around him, including himself. (Note: This is intentionally vague. This can be classed as a sort of weakness, but it doesn't seem like a weakness compared to a 'blunt hammer' within his strengths)

GOALS: To aim towards his objectives, he first to free his mind from all his moral qualms and destroy any sense of self-doubt within him, finally gaining confidence in the world. Then, he also aims to learn the art of persuasion and charisma, to bring up other people from the void of weakness and darkness.

[quote] S P E C I A L I Z E DK N O W L E D G E,S K I L LO RT A L E N T / A B I L I T Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 10 total points to spend, no knowledge, skill or ability greater than 4.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Journalist
POINTS SPENT: 6 [CoOP courtesy]
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Education (Master's in Journalism, Major in English, Minor in Philosophy) / years experience
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: Journalism refers to the production and distribution of reports on recent events. Dax specializes in the report of social issues, environmentalism, and science.
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Journalism cannot function without sufficient or definitive enough evidence.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Hyper-observation (Sherlock Scan)
POINTS SPENT: 2
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Self-tutoring and experience in investigative journalism
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: Hyper-observation is the ability to pick up on minute details and build logical inferences based on those observations.
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Limited to the clues available. Multiple possible conclusions may be built.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Resistance to interrogation/torture
POINTS SPENT: 2
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Training with spiritual disciplinarians
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: Dax has learned how to compartmentalize and discipline his mind in order to endure painful and traumatic experiences.
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Willpower wears down with time. Pain still felt.

[quote] O P T I O N A LS U P E R N A T U R A LC H A R A C T E R I S T I C S&A B I L I T I E S
[spoiler]Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single characteristic greater than 4.

CHARACTERISTIC/ABILITY: Shapeshifiing
POWER LEVEL: 4
WHAT DOES IT DO: Allows him to shapeshift, even into energy (this allows him to move at the speed of light due to a technicality in the laws of physics), along with being able to shapeshift other things too.
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: Literally every law of physics. He can't generate matter, destroy it or do anything that violates physics. His new form needs to have the exact same amount of mass as him, albeit it can be anything from a living table to a mini-dragon.

CHARACTERISTIC/ABILITY: Meditation and Spiritual Control of Emotions
POWER LEVEL: 4
WHAT DOES IT DO: He can meditate, drawing conclusions extremely fast, along with being able to control his emotions through meditation, using some sort of universal energy..
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: Distractions prevent him from doing this ability.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:06 am

WCC, I'm going to improve your app with the final caveat that keep in mind the description for the power level you've given shapeshifting:

"4 – Average Meta
Magic: You can manipulate at higher rates, produce stronger attacks, stuff like that. If you have a healing power, you should be able to heal most minor injuries in thirty seconds, and major in minutes (Cannot start regenerating until damage has stopped, AKA if you’re being burnt or electrocuted you can’t begin the regeneration process until you are no longer being attacked.) Things like regenerating a lost limb would still take almost a day and would be impossible in a battle. At this point, you might be able to do a bit of illusionist-type stuff, perhaps a little bit of transfiguration, pretty decent shapeshifting, okay elemental powers, stuff like that. Your efforts will still tax you.
Physical: Your keen eyesight allows you to hit targets at a distance without a scope. Your Endurance lets you run a distance without tiring quickly. Four points in Dexterity lets you move quickly.
Skill: You can land that plane on the Hudson and know how to properly fill out the forms afterwards. You're a damn good sniper. You don't need a calculator for equations. You can easily identify types of demons."

Some concerns were brought up about the effect that strict application of physics would have through his powers, but that's getting into messy territory that I don't think really covers what you're envisioning. I'm going to trust you not to do anything that would break the universe, stretch suspension of disbelief, or be unfair to another player or character. Try to keep the shapeshifting to a medium.

Wanted to say despite all my "buts..." and what have you, you've been doing a great job this whole time. Thanks for being so patient and cooperative. :)
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am

Posting tonight.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:33 am

Since Leg Day's not moving, I'm just gonna rail everyone to the next scene.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 am

Stormwrath wrote:Since Leg Day's not moving, I'm just gonna rail everyone to the next scene.

I'm still in it
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Giovenith wrote:WCC, I'm going to improve your app with the final caveat that keep in mind the description for the power level you've given shapeshifting:

"4 – Average Meta
Magic: You can manipulate at higher rates, produce stronger attacks, stuff like that. If you have a healing power, you should be able to heal most minor injuries in thirty seconds, and major in minutes (Cannot start regenerating until damage has stopped, AKA if you’re being burnt or electrocuted you can’t begin the regeneration process until you are no longer being attacked.) Things like regenerating a lost limb would still take almost a day and would be impossible in a battle. At this point, you might be able to do a bit of illusionist-type stuff, perhaps a little bit of transfiguration, pretty decent shapeshifting, okay elemental powers, stuff like that. Your efforts will still tax you.
Physical: Your keen eyesight allows you to hit targets at a distance without a scope. Your Endurance lets you run a distance without tiring quickly. Four points in Dexterity lets you move quickly.
Skill: You can land that plane on the Hudson and know how to properly fill out the forms afterwards. You're a damn good sniper. You don't need a calculator for equations. You can easily identify types of demons."

Some concerns were brought up about the effect that strict application of physics would have through his powers, but that's getting into messy territory that I don't think really covers what you're envisioning. I'm going to trust you not to do anything that would break the universe, stretch suspension of disbelief, or be unfair to another player or character. Try to keep the shapeshifting to a medium.

Wanted to say despite all my "buts..." and what have you, you've been doing a great job this whole time. Thanks for being so patient and cooperative. :)

Will I need to do a fifth draft?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Will I need to do a fifth draft?

No, I'll send up a post to get him started.
she/her

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:21 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Since Leg Day's not moving, I'm just gonna rail everyone to the next scene.

I'm still in it

You could've mentioned that. :P

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm still in it

You could've mentioned that. :P

Storm, as GM, it's your responsibility to keep track of who's playing with you.
she/her

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:You could've mentioned that. :P

Storm, as GM, it's your responsibility to keep track of who's playing with you.

It's not a long list of people playing in the story, lol. 'Tis some playful banter.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Hey Stirm, maybe hit up NVE and see if he’s still on for leg day?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello, everyone. After some thought, I've concluded that the fairest thing for everyone is if I make my unofficial break from RP official. I have a lot going on (not bad, but...a lot) and although we at times wish otherwise RL takes priority.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Alright, everyone.

Mon's story is coming to its climax and end soon. I want to genuinely thank everyone involved for playing it so well and within a reasonable amount of time, especially with your schedules. However, as some of you may or may not have noticed, it is currently the main driving force behind the thread, so once it's over, we are once again going to be in a position of staff (mostly me) running around in circles, banging on figurative doors, trying to pull people kicking and screaming out to do something. I've done my best to be accommodating and supportive with this issue thus far, but even my patience has its limits.

I need to know whether or not the remaining people here have any actual continuing interest in this game, or if you're just loitering. Some, like Fvaar, have taken the responsibility of admitting they are no longer able to play. Most of you are sitting in a self-induced purgatory, mumbling under your breaths that you'll get to posting eventually and then never doing so, players in name only. You have every right do this, but I am not going to waste my time trying to drag along those who refuse to get on their own two legs and walk.

For the sake of practicality, you can all go ahead and assume Swith and Cer are not coming back, if you haven't already. I don't know why this is the case, and it's really none of my business. Sitting here and waxing nostalgia about them hasn't gotten anyone anywhere, so if there's a part of you doing that, go ahead and save us time by scrapping it now. Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

We're going to try this one more time. You will answer these questions to the best of your ability (The World Capitalist Confederation is exempt because he's new), and I will use them to gauge the continuing dedication to this game.

1) What are your current characters that you are still interested in playing?

2) What are your ultimate goals with those characters?

3) What stories do you plan on running or participating in order to further those goals within the next three months?

4) What players do you feel most comfortable working with?

5) Which characters outside your own are you most interested in interacting with, regardless of previous interaction?

If these questions aren't answered in a timely manner, I will go ahead and assume you no longer consider yourself a player. This does not mean you are banned. You are free to start posting again at any time; but if someone can't even be bothered to check up on the OOC mechanics of the game let alone actually play, there's no reason to label them as a player. I'm done with looking at our roster on the first page and trying to figure out myself whether or not their Discord habits amount to actual membership.

This is not me trying to shame you for your busy schedules or whatever else may be keeping you away from the computer. This is me putting my foot down and being realistic about the future of this game. I've done my best repeatedly to coax better posting habits because I appreciate the history here and the unfinished stories, but I am not made of time and energy either. My time can — and at this point, probably should — be used elsewhere, helping people who actually want to be helped. I'm done with being strung along by those who have no intention of paying their dues here but refuse to admit it.

If you really want to change and work for PL, please answer my questions and continue to be an active, contributing presence (hint:
chatting on our Discord is not contributing.) If you don't care anymore, then just say so. I won't be mad at you, we can still be friends, but you need to be straight with me so we can all move on.

Addendum:

Storm, I need you to figure out what you're going to do with Leg Day. It's not your fault that NVE left again and I'm sorry that he left you in this position, but it is your story and you need to take responsibility for it. I will have no problem if you want to scrap it and do something else like it never happened if that's what's easiest, but you do need to do something.

Everyone else: If you'd read the IC, you'll see that we are currently hosting a very small, very casual gathering of characters for dinner in the dining room. If you have been meaning to get back into PL, whether with an old or new character, now is the best time to do it. It's minimum stress, minimum reading, minimum guidance socialization stuff that no one needs hand-holding to get involved with.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:04 pm

-
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 pm

1-Sterling, Maghrl, Etzic
2-Sterling-become more useful to the building, learn to defend himself better, continue to deepen understanding of magic. Mag-Unsure, need to think beyond the return to his universe and droid liberation. Etzic-work against anxieties, recontact his people to continue learning magical traditions, find a role in the building.
3- When I have more time again, I'll start up Star Wars again. I also would enjoy another chance to visit my own setting with story, but I'd need to think of why, and about it. I might join the holiday feast when mon's story wraps up, I don't have the time for more than one at the moment.
4- No preference
5- No preference.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:48 am

2) What are your ultimate goals with those characters? I would cut it down to Klaus (on occasion) and Ocho.

3) What stories do you plan on running or participating in order to further those goals within the next three months? None. I was out of town for Creepfest (had a good one planned) and then needed to hammer out CE.

4) What players do you feel most comfortable working with? All of you.

5) Which characters outside your own are you most interested in interacting with, regardless of previous interaction? Been forever since I've gamed. Can't recall characters too clearly.

Nunya bidness.

Except to say that Swith has been very ill. I've taken on most of the house chores while she recovers. Also still working full time and have a daughter to raise. I don't expect Swith to return to NS for a while longer.

Will pop into Discord shortly. Need to revive puppets.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 am

*pies fennec with lots of butter* :meh:
mumblemumblemumble

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

My only character, Meri :P

2) What are your ultimate goals with those characters?
I didn't walk into the RP with specific goals in mind, I'd say the only goal I have with her is to continue to make her adapt to her environment and perfect her trade. That said, the christmas snow fight really highlighted the charm of this RP, so if I could assist in bringing more of that about, that'd be great.

3) What stories do you plan on running or participating in order to further those goals within the next three months?
No plans, besides possibly participating in the remainder of the SW story if it takes off.

4) What players do you feel most comfortable working with?
Slo, Gio, NA.

5) Which characters outside your own are you most interested in interacting with, regardless of previous interaction?
The only characters I know are those belonging to the above authors, for the most part, so them. Perhaps Macy or Mon's characters as well.

As a brief addendum, I will say that while I enjoy the RP and will try to jump into the feast scene soon, my activity is probably going to continue to be on and off, as PL isn't my top priority RP-wise. I'll be sure to not depart mid-scene, leave people hanging or bail on plans I have a part in making, though (y'now, unless something big happens). Just as a heads up on what to expect from me.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Good show, Mon!
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Putting this here as many of my Discord DMs from multiple people seem to focus on these topics:

1. Politics
This is an old topic from last year. I'm touching upon it again because the topic has caused us to lose several outstanding people. This is a role play game run by a role play group located in a role play forum hosted on a multiplayer government simulation browser game. The PL RPG and Madhouse group are not the place to discuss your personal beliefs unless you are capable of doing so politely. Several people could not do so ergo "politics talk" is banned.

PLarticipants are free to discuss their political beliefs by visiting NSG or by making a thread on the Madhouse forum.

2. People left
People do that. No one is forced to stay. Some left due to Topic 1. Some left due to real world demands. Some grew bored and left NS entirely. Some felt pushed out. I am concerned about that last group. Please DM me on Discord if you are one of those people. Help me find answers that will allow me to remedy the situation.

3. Why are you gone?
I do not have the luxury of flipping my employer off then going to the unemployment office to find a new job in my town. The corporations I could or would like to work for do not have openings for me; also, none of those places are local. My employer has me by the balls. I go where they send me. I've grown weary of it. I miss my family. Swith needs me. I have two projects wrapping up in mid-May. I am leaning towards flipping my employer off. That does not mean "Cer is back in May!" It means I will be close to home. Free time is dependent upon what life holds in store for me, employment-wise.

4. What about PL?
There has been plenty of talk about this.

Slo has given much thought towards rebooting elements. It would not be "PL" but current characters would have an IC home. The "theme" would be similar. The gaming elements would be less cumbersome. As I explained to him, I need more details regarding elements. I have players' blessing to use elements specifically for PL. Some elements are part of a player's own nation canon and thus should not be played outside of PL. Some elements (such as the Building) are intellectual property belonging to another player ("Demens Domus"/Demens/The Building/B.O.B).

I have also had a year to dwell on PL. It's too canon-heavy. There are ways to streamline it. The players that gave rise to some of our harsh rules are no longer with us, thus we can tone elements down. It should be more slice-of-life. I don't have time tonight to jot down thoughts. I'll try to do so during the evenings this week.

5. Giovenith is awesome
Yes, she is. She's a talented woman wise beyond her own years. I deeply admire and respect her perseverance regarding PL.

6. Player $N was a butthole while you were gone
Hash it out with Player $N. If you can't find resolution, DM me. I will try to find a way for you two to work together. Alternatively, put that person on ignore.

More catching up to do. Feel free to weigh in (especially regarding the game's future and ideas you have for it).
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:05 pm

More or less what I've been saying.

In regards to the new game, it doesn't need to be an either-or situation. We can do a temporary new game, and focus on reworking PL later on when you have more time, assuming new game is done before them.
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:More or less what I've been saying.

In regards to the new game, it doesn't need to be an either-or situation. We can do a temporary new game, and focus on reworking PL later on when you have more time, assuming new game is done before them.

Sometimes it takes a mallet to get a point across? Heh.

ALL,
Per request, Tilt and Swith are on sabbatical. They are not stripped of CoOP status and retain their parking passes, but they will be taking a break a while longer. Update here.

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:37 pm

1) Entirely agree, for the reasons here and the further reasons named in the discord server. This is necessary.

2) Yep. I'd hope some might come back, with concerns assuaged, but it's understandable if they don't, if because of 1) or other reasons. So be it.

3) I could give you a sailing ship, and you could try a life of piracy. It's only a 16 footer though. You'll have to work your way up, and avoid the Coast Guard. Good luck!

...the last two words are the most important.

4) I'm 1000% percent down for something with less canon and less of a learning/involvement curve. I'd also be interested in some new projects on a smaller scale in different settings, instead of having PL try to be everything for everyone. I know one of the attractions of PL is that it can *go* to all these different worlds, asynchronously, but...there's a place in my heart for shorter form "campaigns" where you more or less know where things are headed and can pull a simple new char out of your ass and define them along the way, and *then* if you want to let it blossom into an ongoing thing, you can let it. There's something to be said for "fresh blood," per se - and that goes even for stuff you can say "but that's just movie/game/etc" about. The best RP's didn't all come from spinning off or rebooting existing ones.

5) Excuse me this is a massive understatement where may I file a complaint?

6) Adults can behave themselves around people they don't particularly like, even if there's no specific resolution beyond "avoid engaging each other too much." Enough said.

Good to see your face again, stranger.
I tried so hard, and got so far, but in The End, it doesn't even matter.

TG me for any questions about my nation, mistakes or info inquires in an RP, or whatever else, anytime!

Proud rarity! A sane living resident of Black Mesa Islands! Sus and I, two sides of the same coin, until Chernobyl stops glowing. Cheeki Breeki, Comrade!

Loving member of Madhouse Productions.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Not enough said; for adults, going beyond.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 pm

And hey. Maybe at some point, new game and PL can exist simultaneously. Not with the same characters obviously, but as parallel series. We're not bound to one game.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse