NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life, the Universe & Everything 2 [OOC OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Giovenith wrote:And hey. Maybe at some point, new game and PL can exist simultaneously. Not with the same characters obviously, but as parallel series. We're not bound to one game.

By God, woman! Do you know ẁha͡t́ w̴̢ó̡u̢̨l̵d h̵̛́a͢ṕp̛ę̸͝ǹ͏?̀

Hudson's expressive face makes this scene all the richer.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:And hey. Maybe at some point, new game and PL can exist simultaneously. Not with the same characters obviously, but as parallel series. We're not bound to one game.

Yes.

Let's push it even further.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Cerillium wrote:

Yes.

Let's push it even further.

We're going to save the lives of millions of registered voters?
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:20 pm

@World Capitalist Confederation and anybody hesitating about joining the feast because there's so many people in the scene:

Lemme give y'all a run-down on who's where:

Giovenith and Amanda Bela are by the door to the dining room.

Giovenith is a 5' 2" young woman with pale skin, dark lavender eyes, short white hair and youthful features. She's wearing a light pink, long-sleeved sweater dress, striped tights, leg warmers, and pink sneakers, as well as a hairband with a leaf-wing jewel badge.

Amanda is an inch taller than Giovenith, with curly, platinum blonde hair, fair skin, and big, brown eyes. She has a plain, somewhat girlish face, but otherwise looks about 40. She's wearing a pleated, ankle-length black skirt and fancy off-white blouse, a wedding band, dangly earrings, and a necklace with a ruby pendant. Her makeup is visible only if you look for it, and you'd have to be very close to her to notice her perfume.

-+-

There's a group at a long dinner table: Monfrox and Lidev, Sandy Bela, Willow Streaks, Brit Nicholson, Sterling Venture, Meritari Ir-en Useramun, and Sigtrygg Karlsson Snjalli. Brit is flanked by Willow Streaks and Sterling Venture, and the three of them are across the table from Sandy. (That's my best guess from the IC descriptions, but it doesn't entirely matter.)

Monfrox is a 6' 1" human-wolf mutant, slim, with wolf ears and tail. She looks mid-20s and has red hair. She's wearing a trenchcoat, bandoliers, and a number of drop pouches.

Lidev is wearing a turtleneck and black jeans, and has an eyepatch over her right eye. She also has red hair.

Sandy is a 5' 10” middle-aged man, on the thin side, with ruddy complexion, hazel eyes, and dark brown hair. He's wearing a true blue shirt and black pants. He is, of course, wearing a wedding ring.

Willow is a 4' 0” tall male Equestrian pegasus, with grey fur and feathers, neatly brushed black hair and tail, blue eyes. Considered thin and short for a stallion, is basically the pony equivalent of a "babyface." He has a black and white cutie mark. He's wearing a small black sweater and wrist bands.

Brit is 6' tall, with dark brown hair, fair skin, and a light build.

Sterling is a large Equestrian unicorn. His sterling blue eyes are bright and curious, and all in all he's a very expressive pony. His coat is mostly a deep purple color, with the exception of his flanks and snout. His snout has a gradient from gold to his normal color as it gets closer to the rest of his face, along with darker purple speckling across his face. His flanks are speckles purple and gold as well. His mane and tail are generally quite unkempt and a bit wild, but cut a bit short to help him manage them. Finally, Sterling wears glasses, that mostly stay on his face due to magic, but also because they can. Don't question it.

Sigtrygg is a 6’7” tall Norseman from the height of the Viking age, with fairly straight golden blond hair and hazel colored eyes. He’s very well built and large, dwarfing most people during his time by a good margin. He has a few scars from close calls with attackers, mostly on his torso and arms, as well. He’s wearing lower class rough clothing his time had, in browns and whites due to a lack of dye.

Meritari is a 5' 3” young woman, with dark skin, a slim build, brown/black hair that reaches past her shoulders, and dark brown eyes. She's wearing a light-colored dress. Her right hand is completely skeletal up to the wrist.

-+-

Finally, MB is somewhere in the room, last seen pulling a tiny cart full of frozen fruity treats. He's a rabbit. And if I could find his application, you'd know what he looks like.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:33 am

For anyone curious, Dax's past was merely a footnote to increase mystery. All I'll tell you for the moment are some obvious and non-obvious things:

He's from an alternate Earth, set in this weird Gulliver's Travels-style world clashing thing.

There are two main places you need to know for now:

1. Verfastalen, better known in English as "Windhoek-Johannesburg". It is one of the Colonies, with heavy evangelical influence, almost like the religious significance of Jerusalem. It was founded by radical Calvinists around 1650, after their exile post-First Great War. This is where Dax is originally from. As said before, it's extremely religious and reactionary. The central Imperial government uses it mostly as a place to mine uranium, iron, rare earth metals, etc..

2. The Rutferstadten Empire, named after Rutferstadten, the general which kept off the legions of Terasarius, who is revered in the country, like a national icon or a secular saint. Rutferstadten is less religious than Verfastalen (but still quite religious). Most inhabitants, including Dax, refer to it as merely The Empire or The Land. It has large centrally planned cities, all in ugly concrete. Art and culture, apart from the rich city of Wüste (Yes, this is ironic), is mostly ignored in favour of pursuing science, mostly focused in the city of Walden (Also ironic).

The Empire and the "West" in general has a 1950s noir theme, with Kafkaesque elements included. Dax is, apart from his intelligence and his proficiency at journalism, actually an average person in the Empire. Most people work in systems of administration due to manual labour having been replaced by machines through the innovations of Heinrich Fordon, but many people also work in transportation or other industries which require precision and reaction. The hippies themselves, as mentioned in Dax's bio, are actually rebels to the system, who follow the teachings of those in the East. The hippies are hated by greater society and are often arrested due to minor crimes such as public indecency, inappropriate clothing, etc..
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Sterling now largely wears modern clothes, actually, T-shirt and jeans!

Though he often carries at least one weapon on his person.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:42 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:Sterling now largely wears modern clothes, actually, T-shirt and jeans!

ITYM Siggy. Though the image of Sterling with a battleaxe that big is charming. :P

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:39 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Sterling now largely wears modern clothes, actually, T-shirt and jeans!

ITYM Siggy. Though the image of Sterling with a battleaxe that big is charming. :P

LMAO

oh yeah, typo bad.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:28 pm

I was really freaking confused for a second.
she/her

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Why am I unusually turned on by this?

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Stormwrath wrote:

Why am I unusually turned on by this?

It's them tight jeans. Bitches love tight jeans.
she/her

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:48 pm

Anyway, will reply tomorrow, a bit too tired to get the prose going.
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:25 am

Giovenith wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Why am I unusually turned on by this?

It's them tight jeans. Bitches love tight jeans.

That, and battleaxes.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am

Giovenith wrote:

I was really freaking confused for a second.

Yeah, I was tired, so, lol.

This is Sterling, thanks of Gio
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:23 am

I haven't gotten around to the new app, but Brit no longer looks like that.

She looks like this now instead.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Draft 1 of Claude Walmereden

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:24 pm

#PLAPP
P E R S O N I F I C A T I O NL I F E,
T H EU N I V E R S E,&E V E R Y T H I N G

C H A R A C T E RA P P L I C A T I O N

P E R S O N A L

CHARACTER'S NAME: Claude Walmerden

SPECIES: Tuisto Human (Humans which are immortal from age basically. That's literally the only difference. Also Tuisto stuff)

DESCRIBE CHARACTER APPEARANCE: Grey-haired, although not from age, blue eyes, peach skin, a relaxed face, calm posture and generally a relaxed look.

URL TO PICTURE, IF ANY:

B A C K G R O U N D&P S Y C H O L O G Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section.

CURRENT OCCUPATION OR SPECIALTY: Philosopher, Author.

GREATEST STRENGTH AS AN INDIVIDUAL: Sharp and analytic mind with wit and charisma. Very persuasive (although not foolproof) and able to hold up in an argument.

WHAT IS THE CHARACTER'S GREATEST FLAW: Overconfidence, passion. Too aggressive at times.

BIOGRAPHY (written in first person): I was born in the rich, cultured city of Elysee-Parlient, known to Rutferstadtians as "the Luseaunian Wüste", although it should be noted that Luseaunia is a very cultured country anyway, unlike the stiff, technological Rutferstadtian Empire. I was born to an upper class family, but not a wealthy one - in Luseaunian society - or really Tuisto society as a whole, your ranking is based on achievement rather than wealth. Wealth is just seen as a machine for the economy rather than an integral part of life. It showed how good you were at business, but not your actual self-worth as a human being. Anyway, I had a very good childhood, being placed in the best schools and beating even the most intelligent men of the day at mental chess. I was making a name for myself at an early age, with my sharp tongue and my wit. After entering adulthood and getting a doctorate in philosophy through an impressive paper on the nature of morality, being one of the most hotly debated topics of the day. I entered the world of philosophy as a progeny, ready to hammer in my victory. I followed the existentialist point of view, unlike the nihilist one which was becoming more popular across the world. Existentialist utilitarianism: those were the two words that shaped my life. I had made a name for myself, working with Champagnion to formulate a theory of existence itself. Me and Champagnion had worked together, publishing a book to fully formulate existence. Of course, I do not merely spend all my time on philosophy: doing so would be single-minded and unhelpful to the constant development of my mind. I also occasionally study sociology and psychology, both as support subjects for philosophy and because they are interesting. In fact, I also have a master's degree in both, so I can, again, support philosophical arguments with real-world facts and ideas. The study of society is what links philosophy from the abstract to the physical.

O B J E C T I V E S

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To found a theory of everything. To unify science and philosophy. To finally 'finish' it all.

GOALS: Most of his time is spent on the primary objective or his duties to the organisation. When it he has free time, it is often used to discover miscellaneous parts of human knowledge. To support his primary objective, he often talks to people, asking them about their opinions and thoughts on anything, holding discussions. He studies science (despite his lack of credentials in the field), particularly physics and metaphysics.

M U N D A N ES K I L L S

SKILL: Archery (General Tuisto skill, really as an upper-class tradition)

SKILL: Sword-Fighting/Fencing (Another Tuisto upper-class tradition)

SKILL: Horse riding (You know the drill: Tuisto upper-class)

SKILL: Analysis of human systems and psychology (Earned through education. This is really a '0.5' skill more than anything.)

S P E C I A L I Z E DK N O W L E D G E,S K I L LO RT A L E N T / A B I L I T Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 10 total points to spend, no knowledge, skill or ability greater than 4.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Manipulation
POINTS SPENT: 5
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: It persuades people. To be more specific, this refers to oral persuasion. It also works in tandem with social manipulation, giving Claude the ability to influence people through language and words. In a higher level, he can also form arguments and win debates easily. It also allows for the manipulation of situations and such. Acquired from his study of sociology and psychology, along with his general experience.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Strategy and Planning
POINTS SPENT: 4
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: It is strategy and planning: the ability to process and create (good) plans and tactics, even when under pressure. This also helps with strategy games and the like.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Gambling/Games of Chance
POINTS SPENT: 1
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: It's gambling. Claude knows how to gamble with all sorts of games from all sorts of timelines. He acquires this from his upper-class upbringing and his open social life.

O P T I O N A LS U P E R N A T U R A LC H A R A C T E R I S T I C S&A B I L I T I E S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single characteristic greater than 4.

CHARACTERISTIC/ABILITY:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT:

CHARACTERISTIC/ABILITY:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:

M A G I CO RF O R C EU S E R S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single spell or ability greater than 4.

SPELL/FORCE ABILITY:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

SPELL/FORCE ABILITY:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

M A G I C A LI T E M S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single item greater than 4.

ITEM:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

ITEM:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

S C I F I / B I O T E C HI T E M S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single item greater than 4.

ITEM:
WEAPON OR NON-WEAPON:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

ITEM:
WEAPON OR NON-WEAPON:
POWER LEVEL:
WHAT DOES IT DO:
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY:

P E R S O N A LI T E M S

E Q U I P M E N T

O T H E RG A M EM E C H A N I C S

URL TO APARTMENT INTERIOR:

ONE PARAGRAPH THAT SUMS UP YOUR CHARACTER. THIS WILL APPEAR ON THE OOC FIRST PAGE:

P L A Y E RI N F O R M A T I O N

YOUR NICKNAME ON NS:
YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL (beginner, intermediate, advanced):
HOW OFTEN CAN YOU POST:
LINK TO RP EXAMPLES (YOUR IC POST, NOT THE RP ITSELF). IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LINK, WE'LL ASSESS YOU BASED ON YOUR CHARACTER'S BIOGRAPHY.

Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Back in the States. Will take a look at that character app after I've get some sleep.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 pm

she/her

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:38 pm

>When Dax is just staring in the weird thing going on.
Please Watch

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:>When Dax is just staring in the weird thing going on.

Which weird thing? The Viking in t-shirt and jeans? The purple and gold Equestrian unicorn? The flower wine from the far future? Paper godling mime? :p

I'll reply to your last IC plost in a couple of hours.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:>When Dax is just staring in the weird thing going on.

Which weird thing? The Viking in t-shirt and jeans? The purple and gold Equestrian unicorn? The flower wine from the far future? Paper godling mime? :p

The unicorn, mostly. The viking is normal and many places back in Tuisto make really weird types of alcohol, including one made of opium that's basically just heroin-in-a-drink. That one's mostly found in the Luseaunian province of Callisto, also known as the alcohol capital of the world (except beer and ale, that one's found in the Saxonian capital mostly).
Please Watch

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Which weird thing? The Viking in t-shirt and jeans? The purple and gold Equestrian unicorn? The flower wine from the far future? Paper godling mime? :p

[M]any places back in Tuisto make really weird types of alcohol, including one made of opium that's basically just heroin-in-a-drink.

Laudanum used to be pretty common IRL, but was, of course, outlawed with all the other hard drugs.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm

@WCC and Lykos: I chatted with Gio and Mon, and their group is a few minutes ahead of the group in the dining room. So, Brit won't actually enter until after each of you has posted for your characters. That'll sync the groups up, and then I'll pick up with Amanda's reply to Brit.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:@WCC and Lykos: I chatted with Gio and Mon, and their group is a few minutes ahead of the group in the dining room. So, Brit won't actually enter until after each of you has posted for your characters. That'll sync the groups up, and then I'll pick up with Amanda's reply to Brit.

I guess I'll just continue the exposition dump then. I expected you to respond to the first exposition dump, but no.
Please Watch

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:@WCC and Lykos: I chatted with Gio and Mon, and their group is a few minutes ahead of the group in the dining room. So, Brit won't actually enter until after each of you has posted for your characters. That'll sync the groups up, and then I'll pick up with Amanda's reply to Brit.

I guess I'll just continue the exposition dump then. I expected you to respond to the first exposition dump, but no.

Amanda's had a bad evening. Perhaps Dax could talk to somebody else? Siggy (the Viking) isn't talking to anybody right now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse