NATION

PASSWORD

Theomachy [Deity RP/OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 am

Anyways just a heads up, I wont be on today, sorrrry :p
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:That contradicts your previous ruling Quendi. Sorry I have a weird memory that likes to keep generally useless info but doesn't want to keep the important stuff.

Yes I misspoke. As a science project for a god merging souls together is permissible, but such a merger would be unstable and easy to undo, as each soul would represent a distinct consciousness not desiring to stay merged with other consciousness. This presumably would make the creation of beings with merged souls impractical, especially a supposedly powerful being like a dragon which I imagine no one wants to be easy to break, or suffering from dissociative identity disorder.

A loophole could be some form of chimera or hydra style being where the individuality of each component soul is retained (making the being reasonably stable) in a single body. A Trinitarianism for beings if you will.

Sort of like the Stepford Cuckoos? yeah I would go with that (the souls would be kinda like triplets after all). Either that or just a sort of gillian setup where one rose to dominance and the others are suppressed by it.
The queen is going to be another issue entirely though, taking the dominant soul of each previous queen (essentially having the wisdom of all the previous leaders). I am assuming that this would make her a semi-divine eventually? The soul merging actually spawned this concept, it was just too interesting to pass up.
Of the Quendi wrote:
Trivolia wrote:Yes we are indeed taking your work as law, OP, which has spawned a lot of debate, i thank you for responding to said debates
now BEFORE A DEBATE ABOUT THIS ARISES, you should probably make a set rules on "demi-gods" and "semi-gods", so we can dodge any bullets before someone cocks the gun

Always happy to lay down the law. :)

About demi-gods the definition of that is pretty clear I think; the offspring of a deity and a non-deity. As a general rule I will permit such a being to be more powerful than any non-divine beings. There is no limitations on how much semi-divine progeny a god can have (Mau Miaulin has many) but I won't allow that to be used as a way to create invincible armies obviously.
I have a plan to get one for Anamara. Traditionally I believe gods are able to accelerate the pregnancy period and demigods tend to age extra-ordinarily fast. At least it seems this way with Greek stuff.

Of the Quendi wrote:
Trivolia wrote:The questions still arise though, some i hope Quendi will answer, about the status of "demi-god". Is it, like being a God or mortal,one you are born with? Can mortals become demi-gods? Can Gods create demi-gods? Etc.

I think it would be interesting if every God had a demi god under them, or if Quendi wanted to go the complete opposite, if demi-gods instead existed within the world to detest and fuck with ALL gods. This could be quite interesting

Demi-god is something you are born as and its a very specific thing that you cannot become. Semi-god is a more broad term for any very powerful soul that has not achieved divine status. Its possible (theoretically, not necessarily as something that I will let happen in the RP) for gods to be demoted to semi-gods and for semi-gods to be promoted to gods. Mortals (I don't really use the term, everyone's soul is immortal) can similarly move up through the ranks (again, in theory) to semi-god and then fully divine status. Gods cannot create semi-gods. The souls of semi-gods, like all other souls, were created alongside the divine souls, their physical forms the semi-gods can create, and change, themselves. God's can't create Demi-gods either in the divine creation way, but as parents they are of course responsible for part of the physical form of a Demi-god.

If you want to your god can have a few semi-gods and as many Demi-gods as you want (although you would have actually had to run around having sexual intercourse with non-deities and if you are female go through pregnancy, to get a Demi-god). There would probably be plenty of semi-gods (and Demi-gods with the aforementioned parent issues) who run around to mess with the gods, whether people want to make that an important part of the RP is of course up to them.

By this are you meaning that they cannot just form a semi-god or that a semi-god must naturally form? For example, would Lokarn's luitenant be considered a semi-god and could Anamara make a mortal (immortal, again dragons are more akin to Tolkien's elves in their mortality) become a semi-divine by power infusion or soul-infusion?

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I'll probably use Quendi's theme of separating the gods into different teams/groups though.

Glad that, rather controversial, idea caught on. I don't think I did enough with the idea in this RP, I should probably have pushed harder for the creation of proper teams, but then thats sandbox RP's for you.

I am going to follow the same basic idea, just tweaked a bit. Morality is still up for grabs, along with any alliances one might make. The 'teams' would be Celestial gods (Celestial plane), Cthonic gods (Underworld/Gehenna) and the Abstract deities (Spirit plane/Immaterial plane/Myriad planes). The first would contain deities associated with stagnation or order or light, the second contains deities connected to change or chaos/choice or darkness, the last cover deities whose aspects don't exactly fit within of those groups. I also intend to have a divide in elder and new gods, but it will instead determine the nature of what they can create (elder deities can only create immortal things while new gods can only create that which is mortal). I like the realms because it does add an aspect of character to the gods. I am still working on the backstory though, it will be one that starts in the genesis phase though I will want to hurry on too the mythological period and later.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm

NS name: New Tussia
Deity name: Adhar
Generation: Younger
Abode: Underworld but usually sits in overworld/human world and more neutral
Domain(s): Death, witchcraft, souls
Function(s): He is a God of the Dead
Appearance and attributes: His appearance varies but he usually appears as a young, handsome blonde guy with blue eyes
History and background: He was the son of an unknown deity. His father got jealous of his popularity with his believers and exiled to the underworld. Thus, he was angered. Every now and then his father would let him lose to release his anger on their followers. He would plague his dad's followers with the worst of his imagination; but, one time the plague spread to other nations (AKA Death Plague)

His father was poed. He was sentenced to the underworld for eternity. But, he had some help from followers, escaped, and killed his father and released the rest of his anger on the world and caused a bloody conflict that killed 1,000,000+ people. His presence can be toxic and he can influence people's actions a little bit. He is powered by hate.
Personality: He has bad bursts of anger and can blend in with humans well.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34969833#p34969833 (found a better one)
Last edited by New Tussia on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:19 pm

Triassica, you know that since she never signed anything, Juri has free reign on whatever she can do in order to make ends meet? That's not a good thing you know.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Triassica, you know that since she never signed anything, Juri has free reign on whatever she can do in order to make ends meet? That's not a good thing you know.

I know, but Yxarus likes to make things official. So he is merely filling out the contract right now.... and if Juri wants to go through with it, she better damn well sign it or Yxarus will just cast her out.
Last edited by Triassica on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Triassica wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Triassica, you know that since she never signed anything, Juri has free reign on whatever she can do in order to make ends meet? That's not a good thing you know.

I know, but Yxarus likes to make things official. So he is merely filling out the contract right now.... and if Juri wants to go through with it, she better damn well sign it or Yxarus will just cast her out.

I'll let you know beforehand that Juri reads the fine print, and will make changes as she sees fit.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Triassica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Triassica wrote:I know, but Yxarus likes to make things official. So he is merely filling out the contract right now.... and if Juri wants to go through with it, she better damn well sign it or Yxarus will just cast her out.

I'll let you know beforehand that Juri reads the fine print, and will make changes as she sees fit.

Oh, she won't need to. The contract will be quite simple and inviting. Yxarus is one who takes advantage of what the contract doesn't say for exploitation.
Slava Ukraine!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 am

Triassica wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:I'll let you know beforehand that Juri reads the fine print, and will make changes as she sees fit.

Oh, she won't need to. The contract will be quite simple and inviting. Yxarus is one who takes advantage of what the contract doesn't say for exploitation.

She will want to see all the nooks and crannies of this contract, that's for sure. You may be pulling the mortal strings, but Juri plays her fellow deities like a Shaco Jungle.

Triassica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Triassica wrote:Oh, she won't need to. The contract will be quite simple and inviting. Yxarus is one who takes advantage of what the contract doesn't say for exploitation.

She will want to see all the nooks and crannies of this contract, that's for sure. You may be pulling the mortal strings, but Juri plays her fellow deities like a Shaco Jungle.

And Yxarus will know it and start getting nasty towards her and cast her out if he finds himself being cheated out of his own plans for omnicide... And besides, Yxarus is the God of Contracts here, not Juri
Last edited by Triassica on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:31 am

Triassica wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:She will want to see all the nooks and crannies of this contract, that's for sure. You may be pulling the mortal strings, but Juri plays her fellow deities like a Shaco Jungle.

And Yxarus will know it and start getting nasty towards her and cast her out if he finds himself being cheated out of his own plans for omnicide... And besides, Yxarus is the God of Contracts here, not Juri

Alright pinhead your time is up! Also Juri can probably find some boundary between deal and no deal and play about. Anyway, we'll wait for Xinos to arrive first.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Alright pinhead your time is up!

IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:23 am

Quendi, can we reference non-player deities with undetermined fates? I want to recreate the imprisonment of the abyssal wraiths.
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 am

Yer all pinheads!
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Triassica wrote:And Yxarus will know it and start getting nasty towards her and cast her out if he finds himself being cheated out of his own plans for omnicide... And besides, Yxarus is the God of Contracts here, not Juri

Alright pinhead your time is up! Also Juri can probably find some boundary between deal and no deal and play about. Anyway, we'll wait for Xinos to arrive first.

i feel as if this could get ugly, inb4 it gets ugly

Triassica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 am

Trivolia wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Alright pinhead your time is up! Also Juri can probably find some boundary between deal and no deal and play about. Anyway, we'll wait for Xinos to arrive first.

i feel as if this could get ugly, inb4 it gets ugly

Well, Yxarus is basically the designated Devil of this universe... with Lucifer backstory and all... You don't make deals with him without getting fucked over.
Last edited by Triassica on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 am

Triassica wrote:
Trivolia wrote:i feel as if this could get ugly, inb4 it gets ugly

Well, Yxarus is basically the designated Devil of this universe... with Lucifer backstory and all... You don't make deals with him without getting fucked over.

If you're Lucifer, I guess Juri's Tzeentch.

Triassica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Triassica wrote:Well, Yxarus is basically the designated Devil of this universe... with Lucifer backstory and all... You don't make deals with him without getting fucked over.

If you're Lucifer, I guess Juri's Tzeentch.

Lol. Actually, I take that back, Yxarus is Tzeentch, being chaos personified. Though really, he is more inspired by Bill Chipher... with images and all.

Either way, if they come to a true agreement where they both get what they want, I think both will be happy. Of course, Yxarus will still go out of his way to bring extinction and chaos to the whole of creation.
Last edited by Triassica on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 am

Triassica wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:If you're Lucifer, I guess Juri's Tzeentch.

Lol. Actually, I take that back, Yxarus is Tzeentch, being chaos personified. Though really, he is his more inspired by Bill Chipher... with images and all.

Either way, if they come to a true agreement where they both get what they want, I think both will be happy. Of course, Yxarus will still go out of his way to bring extinction and chaos to the whole of creation.

And I of course, will do something crazy at the end with Yxarus' permission.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Arasi Luvasa wrote:Sort of like the Stepford Cuckoos? yeah I would go with that (the souls would be kinda like triplets after all). Either that or just a sort of gillian setup where one rose to dominance and the others are suppressed by it.
The queen is going to be another issue entirely though, taking the dominant soul of each previous queen (essentially having the wisdom of all the previous leaders). I am assuming that this would make her a semi-divine eventually? The soul merging actually spawned this concept, it was just too interesting to pass up.

I don't know anything about the Stepford Cuckoos apart from what I just wiki'ed but that seems fine.

As for a queen adding on more and more souls it seems problematic unless its a Lokarn type situation. If you want a queen to inherit wisdom of previous queens wouldn't it make more sense to simply reincarnate a single soul in new bodies?

Arasi Luvasa wrote:I have a plan to get one for Anamara. Traditionally I believe gods are able to accelerate the pregnancy period and demigods tend to age extra-ordinarily fast. At least it seems this way with Greek stuff.

I wasn't aware that was the case. I have no problem with it.

Arasi Luvasa wrote:By this are you meaning that they cannot just form a semi-god or that a semi-god must naturally form? For example, would Lokarn's luitenant be considered a semi-god and could Anamara make a mortal (immortal, again dragons are more akin to Tolkien's elves in their mortality) become a semi-divine by power infusion or soul-infusion?

Yes semi-gods create their own forms and their souls (like the souls of everything else) is not created by gods. I don't know enough about Lokarn's lieutenant to make a judgement on that. As for making a non-divine soul semi-divine I am a bit queasy about the idea. It would require the gods to be able to manipulate with the power of other souls which I am not super psyched about. But I suppose it could be possible. Anamara could transfer part of her power to a non-divine, but that would weaken her so probably not a good idea. She could do the Lokarn model of feeding a non-divine soul other souls, but then the increased power wouldn't be attached directly to the recipient soul and so it might not be a true semi-god. A better option might be to simply teach a given soul how to increase its own power, though that would also be by far the slowest and most cumbersome way to go about it.

New Tussia wrote:
Domain(s): Death, witchcraft, souls
Appearance and attributes: His appearance varies but he usually appears as a young, handsome blonde guy with blue eyes
History and background: He was the son of an unknown deity. His father got jealous of his popularity with his believers and exiled to the underworld. Thus, he was angered. Every now and then his father would let him lose to release his anger on their followers. He would plague his dad's followers with the worst of his imagination; but, one time the plague spread to other nations (AKA Death Plague)

His father was poed. He was sentenced to the underworld for eternity. But, he had some help from followers, escaped, and killed his father and released the rest of his anger on the world and caused a bloody conflict that killed 1,000,000+ people. His presence can be toxic and he can influence people's actions a little bit. He is powered by hate.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34923691#p34923691 (not my best, btw)

Maybe try your best RP sample, because judged solely by the example you supplied and a fairly terse application I can't accept you just yet.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Quendi, can we reference non-player deities with undetermined fates? I want to recreate the imprisonment of the abyssal wraiths.

Sure, that sounds harmless enough.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 pm

My best are not on this site as I started rping on another site. I will try to find a good one, though.
Edit: I edited my post with a better one
Last edited by New Tussia on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Sort of like the Stepford Cuckoos? yeah I would go with that (the souls would be kinda like triplets after all). Either that or just a sort of gillian setup where one rose to dominance and the others are suppressed by it.

I don't know anything about the Stepford Cuckoos apart from what I just wiki'ed but that seems fine.

As for a queen adding on more and more souls it seems problematic unless its a Lokarn type situation. If you want a queen to inherit wisdom of previous queens wouldn't it make more sense to simply reincarnate a single soul in new bodies?

It would likely be a Lokarn situation. The purpose two-fold: retention of past wisdom and making the dragon queen the most powerful of primordial dragons.

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I have a plan to get one for Anamara. Traditionally I believe gods are able to accelerate the pregnancy period and demigods tend to age extra-ordinarily fast. At least it seems this way with Greek stuff.

I wasn't aware that was the case. I have no problem with it.

Honestly I forgot about this subplot. I am going to go edit in a bit back, no-one else has really shown interest in Calburayn anyway.

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:By this are you meaning that they cannot just form a semi-god or that a semi-god must naturally form? For example, would Lokarn's luitenant be considered a semi-god and could Anamara make a mortal (immortal, again dragons are more akin to Tolkien's elves in their mortality) become a semi-divine by power infusion or soul-infusion?

Yes semi-gods create their own forms and their souls (like the souls of everything else) is not created by gods. I don't know enough about Lokarn's lieutenant to make a judgement on that. As for making a non-divine soul semi-divine I am a bit queasy about the idea. It would require the gods to be able to manipulate with the power of other souls which I am not super psyched about. But I suppose it could be possible. Anamara could transfer part of her power to a non-divine, but that would weaken her so probably not a good idea. She could do the Lokarn model of feeding a non-divine soul other souls, but then the increased power wouldn't be attached directly to the recipient soul and so it might not be a true semi-god. A better option might be to simply teach a given soul how to increase its own power, though that would also be by far the slowest and most cumbersome way to go about it.

You mentioned that one can have a few semi-gods. Anamara would probably have one indirectly serving her (the queen) and her consort. I'll work on the consort for later though, it will either be the prince or a newly formed semi-god that Anamara takes under her wing.

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Quendi, can we reference non-player deities with undetermined fates? I want to recreate the imprisonment of the abyssal wraiths.

Sure, that sounds harmless enough.

Ok thanks. I'll probably post tomorrow.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm

live rp, liive
!

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Trivolia wrote:live rp, liive
!

It's only been two posts since mine own last. I'm afraid I'll have to wait a little while. If it takes too long I suppose I'd have to move on but I'll give it some time.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:52 am

Domain(s): War, witchcraft, souls

Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34969833#p34969833 (found a better one)

Triassica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Triassica » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 pm

Slava Ukraine!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse