NATION

PASSWORD

Theomachy [Deity RP/OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Trivolia wrote:
Thank Quendi for not specifying how much power i would need to oppose Soul Rend
Though if you did use Soul Rend in such a fashion of pure power, I would fight fire with fire and simply use my powers to gain control over he souls of your army lol.

Perspective, as in you are saying they are top of the line, but that isnt a standard you can really set for ALL dragons (unless you ARE taking my advice about your and Anamessas dragons being altered versions of already preexisting dragons).
Now i will deffiently argue against "i created something that can hurt gods alot just cause"; that would be like if Lokarn made a demon that could "hurt dragons alot just cause", when we start making these asseritons it turns into an infinite arms race where everyone is claiming their species can do this and that no questions asked, instead of letting this stuff roleplay out.
To be fair, your Goddess of War stance doesnt make a difference in an arm race involving species and creatures, as Exaliber and Anamessa are the only Gods who can "invent" species, as specified in our powers and domains (creating one species of dragon doesnt really open the door up for that, and I dont count Lokarn because Lokarn is just jskdkekdk).
As a matter of fact, a few gods seem to have some species or special fighters associated with them, but that doesnt mean they can create entire other species.

Golems

This gives me a perfect example to itterate
Your god created golems
But your god cant just make other species nilly willy.
To reitterate, i believe only Exaliber, Anarana and Lokarn can create species
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 pm

The point of Soul Rend is that it cannot be opposed or simply shrugged it off. It's the worst, most damaging thing that can be done to a soul. Resistance sure, but immunity like with the disease is not a thing.

I mean you can try and take them over but having control of dragons is also her domain, and these are hers specifically, so if you want to see if you want to race against her accuracy you go right ahead.

Uh, mate, you realize Zaresi and primordial dragons are different right? The former is younger as a species, but is significantly larger and bulkier, and designed in every way to a be a terrifying war machine in a way primordial dragons just aren't.

They look vaguely similar, like humans to neanderthals kind of similar, but they're not the same.

Inventing species is irrelevant. She can modify her dragons in any way she wishes. And, being a War God, when the subject of your creation is to do battle, she will simply out pace you. Creating species may be your area of expertise, but this is hers, and you will lose in it. Just like you'll lose to purgem if you get into a race of making a species the best Craftsmen. You have a jack of all trades type deal where you can make something to fit any role pretty well, but you will never match someone more specialized.

The original Zaresi dragons were just primordial dragons that were edited and modified over time to the point of being an entirely separate member of the dragon family. Basically high speed evolution.

And as I've said, Zaresi and Primordial are different. Put them side by side and you'll see it, one is built like a tank and the other like a sports car.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Kollin wrote:The point of Soul Rend is that it cannot be opposed or simply shrugged it off. It's the worst, most damaging thing that can be done to a soul. Resistance sure, but immunity like with the disease is not a thing.

I mean you can try and take them over but having control of dragons is also her domain, and these are hers specifically, so if you want to see if you want to race against her accuracy you go right ahead.

Uh, mate, you realize Zaresi and primordial dragons are different right? The former is younger as a species, but is significantly larger and bulkier, and designed in every way to a be a terrifying war machine in a way primordial dragons just aren't.

They look vaguely similar, like humans to neanderthals kind of similar, but they're not the same.

Inventing species is irrelevant. She can modify her dragons in any way she wishes. And, being a War God, when the subject of your creation is to do battle, she will simply out pace you. Creating species may be your area of expertise, but this is hers, and you will lose in it. Just like you'll lose to purgem if you get into a race of making a species the best Craftsmen. You have a jack of all trades type deal where you can make something to fit any role pretty well, but you will never match someone more specialized.

The original Zaresi dragons were just primordial dragons that were edited and modified over time to the point of being an entirely separate member of the dragon family. Basically high speed evolution.

And as I've said, Zaresi and Primordial are different. Put them side by side and you'll see it, one is built like a tank and the other like a sports car.

I see your points, though i do express concerns. You do in essence, have the right to shape your dragons in any way you wish, but your comment on my jack of all trades persona.....is exactly right, eheh, im not just pulling all of this out of my buttox, ive planned this out. But to give you a better comparison, suppose we pit two humans against each other. You pick a fit human, strong and brave, and teach him all of your tactics of battle (lets for simplification sake, call this a sword battle). That is a very effective hero indeed, learned everything he knows from the goddess of war herself. Now me? I know less about combat, but im no complete nonce and teach my hero things well. The flip side is he is the perfect warrior, in terms of build. Ive altered his soul to peak performance, he could very well be the strongest, fastest, most intelligent human on the planet. All in all maybe yours wins, the first time, and a few times after; but your options are far more limited and far less adaptable, as opposed to Exaliber who has profiencies in the skills of evolution of mortal beings themselves. Eventually your tactics will run out, for there may be 10 million styles of war, but there are millions more genetic strands and possibilities.

See, lokarn also picked a broad term to base her powers around, which is the concept of pure destruction, not war, not forging, not chemicals, not dragons; destruction

As for your comments on Soul Rend, again it really depends on perception. If you for example, created a one shot attack and expected everyone to accept "oof this can one shot me" you would be mad. Things like this, are the prime reasoning as to why my powers arent purely attack based, a slippery slope. Like, saying Soul Rend is the most "damaging" thing, isnt something everyone else has to nessicarly go by. You could use the defense Quendi accepted it, but like with Quendi accepting your mention of other gods in your bio, and Quendi accepting Amenesa being the oldest god, they were accepted so long as none objected; i am quite clearly objecting
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Now I wouldnt just mary sue and shake off soul rend in half a second
unless you mary sued and, as you memed about earlier, soul rended 40 thousand souls at once

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Trivolia wrote:Now I wouldnt just mary sue and shake off soul rend in half a second
unless you mary sued and, as you memed about earlier, soul rended 40 thousand souls at once

Depending on the mortals being hit and the grouping...
Like you could mess up a human city pretty good yanno what I'm sayin? :P

Fuck errybodys hood! *Gangster pose*

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Kollin wrote:
Trivolia wrote:Now I wouldnt just mary sue and shake off soul rend in half a second

Depending on the mortals being hit and the grouping...
Like you could mess up a human city pretty good yanno what I'm sayin? :P

Fuck errybodys hood! *Gangster pose*

Lmaoo, sorry im takin a bit, im workin on the post where i barge in unannounced

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 am

If Juri were to remove every boundary in existence, there would only be one big ass thing floating in nothing.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:I'd also be willing to make the Discord server @Quendi

Go for it.
The Federation of Spokane wrote:Draft:
Akronos gasped pressing his hand against his scar. He shivered as he recalled the vision.
Akronos woke up in a thick fluffy bed like the kind the mortals have. He tried to fly out of the bed but it seemed his god powers were nuetralized. Then a tall elder black man stood above him and picked him up. The man sighed and said “My son, I have information to give you that will preserve your future. There will be a demigod called Ulysses, and he is your brother’s son. Akronos stuttered “But I don’t have a brother?” The old man sighed and said “You had one. He was exiled before you were born and stripped of his powers, but his son could take up His mantel and receive his powers. From what I have seen, he will join those in the underworld and start a full blown war. He will result in The celestials being destroyed. He will be the cause of your death in a match he wins when you try to save the celestials. He has great power for being four years old. If you take him in, you could prevent this war and bloodshed. He could join you in the celestials until you grow old and have children and grandchildren. The future is up to you young Akronos. Akronos cursed again for the 40th time and turned back to his emerald chariot and worked on it for another hour his mind still pondering on his vision.

ACCEPTED.
Kollin wrote:Oh they will. Quendi has said as much. "Even armies that may be dangerous to a god on a level field will struggle in that god's domain."

*suggests poking Quendi in the head for official statement before the argument continues into pages-long thing*
Trivolia wrote:I would indeed, poke Quendi in the head, around the frontal lobe area for maximum effect before making an official statement.
Anyways dont worry, i wont be defenseless
What i will most certainly disagree with you on, is putting dragons on an upper scale, or on any scale that isnt specified by Quendi.
I could easily create some species and say THEYRE high level mortal creatures, etc etc, and we shouldn't set scales in a world we all share, but see differently.

Maybe its just because I hardly ever OP RP's but how awesome is it that in this deity RP my pronouncements are being interpreted and debated as religious dogma. :p

There can exist non-deity beings that are powerful enough to do harm to deities. Dragons, while certainly powerful creatures, does not by default get to be the most powerful non-deity beings (Demi-gods and "semi"-gods will be the most powerful non-divines in this RP). Generally if a god wants to go after another god the best way to do that is find some divine allies, not raising an army of your own supernaturals, but it is possible.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Primordial dragons have three souls minimum (they were initially made by combining large reptiles, whales and humans with a good deal of power) anyway. I would expect that those characteristics continued.

I am afraid this would contradict the "no merger of souls" rule.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I am aware of the clause where Excalibur and Mau are immune. Anamara will be actively fighting that battle.

Again, Anamara didn't create the souls, she took thing with souls and mixed them into dragons (which are 'mortal' in the same way as Tolkien's elves). I believe Anamara's backstory actually states that she created the primordial dragons. As for where, Quendi created this after the RP Ex Nihilo died. I never got to fully flesh out Anamara and how she would grow in that RP :(

Your application does say that and I accepted (and continues to accept) Anamara as creator of "primordial dragons" with other gods being free to develop some other sorts of dragons.

Regarding "soul rend" I accepted it as a very powerful weapon that can do some form of harm to souls, but its not a trump card that allows Lairah to overpower with ease any other deity. I have not given any player superpowers.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:32 am

That contradicts your previous ruling Quendi. Sorry I have a weird memory that likes to keep generally useless info but doesn't want to keep the important stuff.
Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:While it isn't among Anamara's domains, her backstory does mention her proficiency in manipulating souls. Does anyone have a problem with her creating a weapon that can shear souls into smaller souls?

A bit I am afraid. Souls are supposed to be indestructible. I accept that Lokarn eats them on the assumption that they are still intact within Lokarn. But slicing souls up would seem to contradict their indestructibility. Can you device a different kind of super weapon instead?
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Matrix MERGED souls if that counts for anything.

This again is permissible on the assumption that merged souls would be fairly easy to separate.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 am

It's less them being dragons that makes them the most powerful, and more that they were designed for specifically that purpose by somebody possessing the specialized skills to do so.

The form of a dragon happens merely to be an effective form of transport for such power and one which i thoroughly enjoy. Certain styles of Phoenix also count. Not a big fan of Gryphons. Angels also count because wings are awesome.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Oh yes, Anarcho. Just so you know, Anamara (or a fraction of her consciousness) is currently in the remains of old pandemonium with Lokarn (unless I missed her leaving).
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:I'd also be willing to make the Discord server @Quendi

Go for it.
The Federation of Spokane wrote:Draft:
Akronos gasped pressing his hand against his scar. He shivered as he recalled the vision.
Akronos woke up in a thick fluffy bed like the kind the mortals have. He tried to fly out of the bed but it seemed his god powers were nuetralized. Then a tall elder black man stood above him and picked him up. The man sighed and said “My son, I have information to give you that will preserve your future. There will be a demigod called Ulysses, and he is your brother’s son. Akronos stuttered “But I don’t have a brother?” The old man sighed and said “You had one. He was exiled before you were born and stripped of his powers, but his son could take up His mantel and receive his powers. From what I have seen, he will join those in the underworld and start a full blown war. He will result in The celestials being destroyed. He will be the cause of your death in a match he wins when you try to save the celestials. He has great power for being four years old. If you take him in, you could prevent this war and bloodshed. He could join you in the celestials until you grow old and have children and grandchildren. The future is up to you young Akronos. Akronos cursed again for the 40th time and turned back to his emerald chariot and worked on it for another hour his mind still pondering on his vision.

ACCEPTED.
Kollin wrote:Oh they will. Quendi has said as much. "Even armies that may be dangerous to a god on a level field will struggle in that god's domain."

*suggests poking Quendi in the head for official statement before the argument continues into pages-long thing*

Maybe its just because I hardly ever OP RP's but how awesome is it that in this deity RP my pronouncements are being interpreted and debated as religious dogma. :p

There can exist non-deity beings that are powerful enough to do harm to deities. Dragons, while certainly powerful creatures, does not by default get to be the most powerful non-deity beings (Demi-gods and "semi"-gods will be the most powerful non-divines in this RP). Generally if a god wants to go after another god the best way to do that is find some divine allies, not raising an army of your own supernaturals, but it is possible.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Primordial dragons have three souls minimum (they were initially made by combining large reptiles, whales and humans with a good deal of power) anyway. I would expect that those characteristics continued.

I am afraid this would contradict the "no merger of souls" rule.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I am aware of the clause where Excalibur and Mau are immune. Anamara will be actively fighting that battle.

Again, Anamara didn't create the souls, she took thing with souls and mixed them into dragons (which are 'mortal' in the same way as Tolkien's elves). I believe Anamara's backstory actually states that she created the primordial dragons. As for where, Quendi created this after the RP Ex Nihilo died. I never got to fully flesh out Anamara and how she would grow in that RP :(

Your application does say that and I accepted (and continues to accept) Anamara as creator of "primordial dragons" with other gods being free to develop some other sorts of dragons.

Regarding "soul rend" I accepted it as a very powerful weapon that can do some form of harm to souls, but its not a trump card that allows Lairah to overpower with ease any other deity. I have not given any player superpowers.

Yes we are indeed taking your work as law, OP, which has spawned a lot of debate, i thank you for responding to said debates
now BEFORE A DEBATE ABOUT THIS ARISES, you should probably make a set rules on "demi-gods" and "semi-gods", so we can dodge any bullets before someone cocks the gun

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I personally call them godlings.

The term can apply to young gods not yet ascended to the height of their power, to demi gods, part gods, whatever. It essentially denotes something capable of becoming a god (like Lairah as a kid, for example) but which is not currently one.

Another example is Akuryo, described as two godlings binded together. They're just very, very very young. Not born from other gods like Lairah, just from existence itself. Akuryo is theoretically capable of future ascension (and was actually my planned second god character if those were permitted, i had to rework them instead. Sadness.)

To describe their power, they are capable of or capable of ascending to a power which is able to contest actual gods, though they will almost always be weaker, and demi gods/semi gods will typically not have immortal physical forms.

That is, anyway, how i've been using the term. Perhaps by some miracle it is one we can all agree on. :P

EDIT: this is also a good time for this discussion as i intended to introduce an actual proper demi-god under Lairah, as opposed to Akuryo, who is technically a servant to her, but is treated by her as an equal and cherished friendly advisor. This new character would be the one you'd likely see running around fucking up mortal shit because Lairah is busy with big picture stuff.
Last edited by Kollin on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Oh yeah, Kollin we should probably collab if you are going to be writing about Anamara's cardinal. I completely forgot to mention that, although they do need to pack up first so you can let me know when you are ready for that to happen.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Arasi Luvasa wrote:Oh yeah, Kollin we should probably collab if you are going to be writing about Anamara's cardinal. I completely forgot to mention that, although they do need to pack up first so you can let me know when you are ready for that to happen.

They could meet the new Commander of Mortal Affairs on her way in. You may or may not see a trend forming when you meet them and consider Lairah's traits.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Kollin wrote:I personally call them godlings.

The term can apply to young gods not yet ascended to the height of their power, to demi gods, part gods, whatever. It essentially denotes something capable of becoming a god (like Lairah as a kid, for example) but which is not currently one.

Another example is Akuryo, described as two godlings binded together. They're just very, very very young. Not born from other gods like Lairah, just from existence itself. Akuryo is theoretically capable of future ascension (and was actually my planned second god character if those were permitted, i had to rework them instead. Sadness.)

To describe their power, they are capable of or capable of ascending to a power which is able to contest actual gods, though they will almost always be weaker, and demi gods/semi gods will typically not have immortal physical forms.

That is, anyway, how i've been using the term. Perhaps by some miracle it is one we can all agree on. :P

EDIT: this is also a good time for this discussion as i intended to introduce an actual proper demi-god under Lairah, as opposed to Akuryo, who is technically a servant to her, but is treated by her as an equal and cherished friendly advisor. This new character would be the one you'd likely see running around fucking up mortal shit because Lairah is busy with big picture stuff.

Perhaps we can agree on that, it seems to fit an accurate demi god id think of; stronger than other mortals, not quite immortal though.

The questions still arise though, some i hope Quendi will answer, about the status of "demi-god". Is it, like being a God or mortal,one you are born with? Can mortals become demi-gods? Can Gods create demi-gods? Etc.

I think it would be interesting if every God had a demi god under them, or if Quendi wanted to go the complete opposite, if demi-gods instead existed within the world to detest and fuck with ALL gods. This could be quite interesting

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Kollin wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:Oh yeah, Kollin we should probably collab if you are going to be writing about Anamara's cardinal. I completely forgot to mention that, although they do need to pack up first so you can let me know when you are ready for that to happen.

They could meet the new Commander of Mortal Affairs on her way in. You may or may not see a trend forming when you meet them and consider Lairah's traits.

Speaking of meeting, about to post the post in a few mins. I have it set up to where Exaliber (in its Selestia form, so will be refered to as she and her) is sort of off to the side of where you and your main crew is. I expect one of your followers will find me, or you can sense me yourself as I dont plan to conseal my souls power; either way it is comming up

I also spoke to Purgem before leaving, so i sort of interacted with him, so you should probs read the post too The Shrailleeni Empire

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Its finally upp! Huzah!

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:If Juri were to remove every boundary in existence, there would only be one big ass thing floating in nothing.

unless one questions the existence of said boundary in the first place :p
Like between life and death, because the soul is immortal is one ever really dead? Chaos and Order, are they really as different as one might think? Etc etc.

If we do another god rp after this one, oooo boy i got like, 3 ideas for gods and ill have a hard time choosing just one

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 pm

NS name: New Tussia
Deity name: Adhar
Generation: Younger
Abode: Underworld but usually sits in overworld/human world and more neutral
Domain(s): He was exiled by his father who was killed by Adhar recently.
Function(s): He is a God of the Dead
Appearance and attributes: His appearance varies but he usually appears as a young, handsome blonde guy with blue eyes
History and background: He was the son of an unknown deity. His father got jealous of his popularity with his believers and exiled to the underworld. Thus, he was angered. Every now and then his father would let him lose to release his anger on their followers. He would plague his dad's followers with the worst of his imagination; but, one time the plague spread to other nations (AKA Bubonic Plague as known by humans).

His father was poed. He was sentenced to the underworld for eternity. But, he had some help from followers, escaped, and killed his father and released the rest of his anger on the Middle East causing the Arab Spring. His presence can be toxic and he can influence people's actions a little bit. He is powered by hate.
Personality: He has bad bursts of anger and can blend in with humans well.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452617
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:22 pm

New Tussia wrote:NS name: New Tussia
Appearance and attributes: His appearance varies but he usually appears as a young, handsome blonde guy with blue eyes
History and background: He was the son of an unknown deity. His father got jealous of his popularity with his believers and exiled to the underworld. Thus, he was angered. Every now and then his father would let him lose to release his anger on their followers. He would plague his dad's followers with the worst of his imagination; but, one time the plague spread to other nations (AKA Bubonic Plague as known by humans).

His father was poed. He was sentenced to the underworld for eternity. But, he had some help from followers, escaped, and killed his father and released the rest of his anger on the Middle East causing the Arab Spring. His presence can be toxic and he can influence people's actions a little bit. He is powered by hate.
Other:

I don't think we're in modernish times yet.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Trivolia wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:If Juri were to remove every boundary in existence, there would only be one big ass thing floating in nothing.

unless one questions the existence of said boundary in the first place :p
Like between life and death, because the soul is immortal is one ever really dead? Chaos and Order, are they really as different as one might think? Etc etc.

If we do another god rp after this one, oooo boy i got like, 3 ideas for gods and ill have a hard time choosing just one

I will be prepping one for later. I want to do a school RP, but I don't feel like doing all the world-building that will need to go into it. So basically it will be world-building delegation masquerading as an RP. I'll probably use Quendi's theme of separating the gods into different teams/groups though.

Middle East causing the Arab Spring

Why is there an Earth territory on the same planet as Calburayn? I don't think Earth has giant mushroom towers.
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Ooof, its just all dead today rippp

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:01 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:That contradicts your previous ruling Quendi. Sorry I have a weird memory that likes to keep generally useless info but doesn't want to keep the important stuff.
Of the Quendi wrote:
A bit I am afraid. Souls are supposed to be indestructible. I accept that Lokarn eats them on the assumption that they are still intact within Lokarn. But slicing souls up would seem to contradict their indestructibility. Can you device a different kind of super weapon instead?

This again is permissible on the assumption that merged souls would be fairly easy to separate.

Yes I misspoke. As a science project for a god merging souls together is permissible, but such a merger would be unstable and easy to undo, as each soul would represent a distinct consciousness not desiring to stay merged with other consciousness. This presumably would make the creation of beings with merged souls impractical, especially a supposedly powerful being like a dragon which I imagine no one wants to be easy to break, or suffering from dissociative identity disorder.

A loophole could be some form of chimera or hydra style being where the individuality of each component soul is retained (making the being reasonably stable) in a single body. A Trinitarianism for beings if you will.
Trivolia wrote:Yes we are indeed taking your work as law, OP, which has spawned a lot of debate, i thank you for responding to said debates
now BEFORE A DEBATE ABOUT THIS ARISES, you should probably make a set rules on "demi-gods" and "semi-gods", so we can dodge any bullets before someone cocks the gun

Always happy to lay down the law. :)

About demi-gods the definition of that is pretty clear I think; the offspring of a deity and a non-deity. As a general rule I will permit such a being to be more powerful than any non-divine beings. There is no limitations on how much semi-divine progeny a god can have (Mau Miaulin has many) but I won't allow that to be used as a way to create invincible armies obviously.

Semi-god is a term I thought I just coined myself but it turns out Ovid apparently wrote about so-called semideus nearly two thousand years before I was born. Damn. Anyway, for Ovid they were apparently less important deities like nymphs. Since such a creature in this RP would probably just be called a supernatural I was thinking of something rather more potent to warrant semi-god status. In this RP a semi-god is a soul with powers approaching, but not quite reaching, divine status, which are not the offspring of gods. Various such beings exists and every god can have a semi-god lieutenant or two if they like (MM has one, her mate, the father of her Demi-god offspring). Again this is not a loophole to allow any gods to mobilize more power to use against their rivals.

Hope this clarifies thing.
Kollin wrote:EDIT: this is also a good time for this discussion as i intended to introduce an actual proper demi-god under Lairah, as opposed to Akuryo, who is technically a servant to her, but is treated by her as an equal and cherished friendly advisor. This new character would be the one you'd likely see running around fucking up mortal shit because Lairah is busy with big picture stuff.

Go nuts. One other important distinction to keep in mind between Demi-god and semi-god, is that while Demi-gods are loyal to their god because they are the offspring of said god a semi-god is a more autonomous being. They were sufficiently powerful to create their own physical form and if they follow a god do so on a much more voluntary basis out of general admiration for the god, its power and its philosophy, rather than through filial devotion and dependence. Of course a Demi-god might have mommy- or daddy issues and not actually support its godparent at all.
Trivolia wrote:The questions still arise though, some i hope Quendi will answer, about the status of "demi-god". Is it, like being a God or mortal,one you are born with? Can mortals become demi-gods? Can Gods create demi-gods? Etc.

I think it would be interesting if every God had a demi god under them, or if Quendi wanted to go the complete opposite, if demi-gods instead existed within the world to detest and fuck with ALL gods. This could be quite interesting

Demi-god is something you are born as and its a very specific thing that you cannot become. Semi-god is a more broad term for any very powerful soul that has not achieved divine status. Its possible (theoretically, not necessarily as something that I will let happen in the RP) for gods to be demoted to semi-gods and for semi-gods to be promoted to gods. Mortals (I don't really use the term, everyone's soul is immortal) can similarly move up through the ranks (again, in theory) to semi-god and then fully divine status. Gods cannot create semi-gods. The souls of semi-gods, like all other souls, were created alongside the divine souls, their physical forms the semi-gods can create, and change, themselves. God's can't create Demi-gods either in the divine creation way, but as parents they are of course responsible for part of the physical form of a Demi-god.

If you want to your god can have a few semi-gods and as many Demi-gods as you want (although you would have actually had to run around having sexual intercourse with non-deities and if you are female go through pregnancy, to get a Demi-god). There would probably be plenty of semi-gods (and Demi-gods with the aforementioned parent issues) who run around to mess with the gods, whether people want to make that an important part of the RP is of course up to them.
New Tussia wrote:

Other:

As others have pointed out this RP does not take place in modern times in the RL world. As a result there is no Middle East and no Arab Spring. The world in which this RP is set takes place in an indeterminate technological age from the Bronze Age into the classical era on a planet much like ours but ultimately not the same as ours. So please change your application to reflect that.

Secondly I am going to need you to spell out more clearly how your deity is the god of dead. Is he like an ominous grim reaper type figure running around deciding when people kick the bucket? Is he a fate/norn like character who weaves the life threads of people? Something else entirely? Some elaboration is needed here. Other then that I would love to have a dedicated death god in the RP.

Finally could you please post directly to your RP sample not the thread its in?
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I'll probably use Quendi's theme of separating the gods into different teams/groups though.

Glad that, rather controversial, idea caught on. I don't think I did enough with the idea in this RP, I should probably have pushed harder for the creation of proper teams, but then thats sandbox RP's for you.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:26 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:That contradicts your previous ruling Quendi. Sorry I have a weird memory that likes to keep generally useless info but doesn't want to keep the important stuff.

Yes I misspoke. As a science project for a god merging souls together is permissible, but such a merger would be unstable and easy to undo, as each soul would represent a distinct consciousness not desiring to stay merged with other consciousness. This presumably would make the creation of beings with merged souls impractical, especially a supposedly powerful being like a dragon which I imagine no one wants to be easy to break, or suffering from dissociative identity disorder.

A loophole could be some form of chimera or hydra style being where the individuality of each component soul is retained (making the being reasonably stable) in a single body. A Trinitarianism for beings if you will.
Trivolia wrote:Yes we are indeed taking your work as law, OP, which has spawned a lot of debate, i thank you for responding to said debates

Always happy to lay down the law. :)

About demi-gods the definition of that is pretty clear I think; the offspring of a deity and a non-deity. As a general rule I will permit such a being to be more powerful than any non-divine beings. There is no limitations on how much semi-divine progeny a god can have (Mau Miaulin has many) but I won't allow that to be used as a way to create invincible armies obviously.

Semi-god is a term I thought I just coined myself but it turns out Ovid apparently wrote about so-called semideus nearly two thousand years before I was born. Damn. Anyway, for Ovid they were apparently less important deities like nymphs. Since such a creature in this RP would probably just be called a supernatural I was thinking of something rather more potent to warrant semi-god status. In this RP a semi-god is a soul with powers approaching, but not quite reaching, divine status, which are not the offspring of gods. Various such beings exists and every god can have a semi-god lieutenant or two if they like (MM has one, her mate, the father of her Demi-god offspring). Again this is not a loophole to allow any gods to mobilize more power to use against their rivals.

Hope this clarifies thing.
Kollin wrote:EDIT: this is also a good time for this discussion as i intended to introduce an actual proper demi-god under Lairah, as opposed to Akuryo, who is technically a servant to her, but is treated by her as an equal and cherished friendly advisor. This new character would be the one you'd likely see running around fucking up mortal shit because Lairah is busy with big picture stuff.

Go nuts. One other important distinction to keep in mind between Demi-god and semi-god, is that while Demi-gods are loyal to their god because they are the offspring of said god a semi-god is a more autonomous being. They were sufficiently powerful to create their own physical form and if they follow a god do so on a much more voluntary basis out of general admiration for the god, its power and its philosophy, rather than through filial devotion and dependence. Of course a Demi-god might have mommy- or daddy issues and not actually support its godparent at all.
Trivolia wrote:The questions still arise though, some i hope Quendi will answer, about the status of "demi-god". Is it, like being a God or mortal,one you are born with? Can mortals become demi-gods? Can Gods create demi-gods? Etc.

Demi-god is something you are born as and its a very specific thing that you cannot become. Semi-god is a more broad term for any very powerful soul that has not achieved divine status. Its possible (theoretically, not necessarily as something that I will let happen in the RP) for gods to be demoted to semi-gods and for semi-gods to be promoted to gods. Mortals (I don't really use the term, everyone's soul is immortal) can similarly move up through the ranks (again, in theory) to semi-god and then fully divine status. Gods cannot create semi-gods. The souls of semi-gods, like all other souls, were created alongside the divine souls, their physical forms the semi-gods can create, and change, themselves. God's can't create Demi-gods either in the divine creation way, but as parents they are of course responsible for part of the physical form of a Demi-god.

If you want to your god can have a few semi-gods and as many Demi-gods as you want (although you would have actually had to run around having sexual intercourse with non-deities and if you are female go through pregnancy, to get a Demi-god). There would probably be plenty of semi-gods (and Demi-gods with the aforementioned parent issues) who run around to mess with the gods, whether people want to make that an important part of the RP is of course up to them.
New Tussia wrote:

Other:

As others have pointed out this RP does not take place in modern times in the RL world. As a result there is no Middle East and no Arab Spring. The world in which this RP is set takes place in an indeterminate technological age from the Bronze Age into the classical era on a planet much like ours but ultimately not the same as ours. So please change your application to reflect that.

Secondly I am going to need you to spell out more clearly how your deity is the god of dead. Is he like an ominous grim reaper type figure running around deciding when people kick the bucket? Is he a fate/norn like character who weaves the life threads of people? Something else entirely? Some elaboration is needed here. Other then that I would love to have a dedicated death god in the RP.

Finally could you please post directly to your RP sample not the thread its in?
Arasi Luvasa wrote:I'll probably use Quendi's theme of separating the gods into different teams/groups though.

Glad that, rather controversial, idea caught on. I don't think I did enough with the idea in this RP, I should probably have pushed harder for the creation of proper teams, but then thats sandbox RP's for you.

Oh fuck Exaliber probably has alot of demi-god offsprings. Like, in her selestia form she obviously isnt gonna let herself become preggers, but in his Albigor form...OH bOy

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse