NATION

PASSWORD

Theomachy [Deity RP/OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:43 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Nova Corina wrote:Alright then, here's my RP sample.

Cyrion was in his vast library, hard at work on the latest chapter of his chronicles of the universe. This vast book that would take eons for even a god to read was Cyrion's main and eternal task. However, at points, even Cyrion could get bored with his eternally unfinished magnum opus. Finally, he closed the book shut, strolling out of the library, glancing at the infinite bookshelves lined with infinite books. He teleported to the outskirts of his massive palace, where one of his faithful servants was waiting for him. "Do you need any assistance?" the servant asked. Cyrion calmly shook his head, pulling his walking stick out of a wall.
Then, he opened the door, revealing an infinite blackness. Some might accuse Cyrion of being a god of darkness, but this was a place where darkness did not even exist. Neither, in fact, did anything else, unless it was Cyrion and sometimes a visitor or two taking a stroll, which he was about to do now.
To someone else, the sensation of walking on nothing would be quite strange indeed. However, Cyrion had been doing it for eons, and he had grown quite comfortable in the feeling. In a universe that was mostly made up of all kinds of turmoil, this was a place where turmoil did not exist.
However, Cyrion's stroll did not last as long as he would have wanted - indeed, none of his strolls had. Unfortunately, Cyrion was a being, and every being had some kind of role to fill in their life, whether it take up minutes or eons. His role was to observe, and record, so that the memories and knowledge of all the events that had gone before would not be lost, in all of their significance.
However, even Cyrion did not some things. One was that a new chapter of the universe would indeed start very soon. And this one would be very... interesting.

Looks fine. ACCEPTED.

Arasi Luvasa wrote:Can I apply with Anamara? (my character from Ex Nihilo).
Actually that is if I can have necromancy, magic and mushroom towers. If not, let me know and I will work on a new bio.

Sure.
Trivolia wrote:[spoiler]NS name: Trivolia

Deity name: Selestia Albigor (known to mortals as simply "Divine Exalibar" unless direct contact is made with him/her, then the name will vary, this will be explained)

Gender: Gender fluid, literally. The nature of both his/her powers AND his/her personaliy. A switch at any given moment between their genders is also physically notable (when they switch genders, the "parts" switch as well) which is where their actual name is chosen for, Selestia used within her female form, and Albigor used when he is in his physical form.

Generation: younger god

Abode: Underworld

Domain(s): Evolution, Soul Manipulation, Reincarnation

Function(s): Selina Albigor's main power is the ability to manipulate and control "evolution", as it may be called, of the lesser beings. These powers actually allow them to create lesser species (though he isn't an elder god, their powers are limited to primitave species and NOTHING like 'humans), manipulate the very fabric of beings (in scientific terms, genetic code, for example giving certian cat species thicker furs or bigger claws, making certian birds more agressive, turning incest species into giant monstrosities. This also gives them power over things like food chains, the survival rate of species.
They can make species go extinct, or bring certian species from the brink of such calamities. The limits of these powers simply come from an intelligence learned via an almost fatal mistake, hence why they wont for example, make the entire human population of worlds and domains go extinct).
Their power to manipulate lesser beings comes from a vast knowledge and control over the soul. They think the idea of sending souls to some form of afterlife or purgatory boring, and also using it as an excuse to roam the mortal realms more than other gods may (mostly in their he/she forms), tasks themself with taking the soul of a fallen mortal creature and reincarnitating it into another creature "they within their lifetime earned the privledge of becomming" (an appeal made only to other gods, they in reality reincarnate souls at random and whenever they want to, and into whatever they want to). Their power can be vast or limited depending on how you percieve said power.

Appearance and attributes: Again, their physical appearence is different depending on what gender they appear as (NOTE, during posts you should check for NAME, as that is how i will que a shift in gender, and if the name is Exaliber, the appearence is probably something else ill describe)
Selestia (name used in her female form), appears as a 6'1" female with a pale reflective complexion. She has long blonde hair, stretching bellow her lower legs but not quite to her feet, bright emrald green eyes and a slim, semi-athletic physique. As for garments, she is seen mostly wearing a giant black and velvet dress, adorned with fine silk and jewls that would make even the humblest of mortals envious. She is never seen wearing any form of shoes or footwear.
Albigor (name used in his male for ), appears as a 6'1" male with a simple tan complexion, said complexion contrasts his well kept and parted semi-long hair, jet black hair. His eyes are a duller, but harder shade of emrald green. He is broad, with a muscular physique. As for garments, he is seen in fine silk workers garments, and with a stand-out heavy golden necklase, holding a red ruby in thr center.

History and background:
[spoiler]Exalibar's birth happened within the everlasting war between a relentless nothingness and the everexpanding light of something, along side none other than the elder gods themselves. What seperated Exalibar from the elder gods though, was the aquirance of obtainable power, perhaps even one of the first souls comming before the rest, this semi-consious mass of undefined energy took a keen interest in the elder gods work, marveled at the enormous burning stars, huge earthy planets and all in between. It was with the birth of these realms of existence that Exalibar would begin to shape itself into existance, along with, the other souls that now spread far and wide. Observation was its greateat tool, sorrounding itself with an assortement of rapidly developing souls, soon to be younger gods, a speedy process began and Exalibar themself morphed into a god, taking a keen interest with the lesser souls like the rest.

What seperated Exalibar from the others was the witness of the birth of creation. A keen observer he sought to practice and learn of this power themself, first tampering with developing lesser souls, they would experiment with said souls and as their proficency in the craft grew, a greed of sorts began, not exactly evil in nature but selfish. More creatures birthed into existence and Exalibars power grew, often they would tamper with species and brung their experimentation into the developed lesser organisms to train their manipulation over said organisms. This is where they learned of, what humans might call food chains, food webs, cycles of life, evolution, in its multiple forms. As Exalibar caught the attention of other gods few conflicts occured, untill the development of the most fasinating and game changing lesser species occured. The birth of human kind.

Exalibar was of the first lesser gods to notice, highly comples souls of great potential birthing the most intelligent lesser beings known to even the elder gods. They would not spare time, already beginning to study and pick apart these souls as they came and gone, the complexity of these creatures also spurred conflicts between gods Exalibar took a keen interest to, that is, battles for influence. Soon it was discovered that these humans could actually see, interact with the lesser gods, and had a knowledge of their superiority in some cases, entire groups of these people could be persuaded to worship us (elder and lesser gods). Exaliber would revel in this, making a quick name within many human civilizations. But with great complexity came conflict.

Some humans would not take kindly to godly influence, some even despising gods, but when an empire took steps to spit apon "Divine Exaliber" (by this point, the name they allowed themselves to be called), in relatiation, using their powers he brung the empire and surrounding humans to their knees, coughing up blood and guts, dying thousands by the hour thanks to Exalibars tampering with these beings (perhaps thousands of years later, humans would define this as genetic code) and plaguing their very mortal bodys with born illness, millions died. This was an accident that did NOT go un-noticed though, as multiple gods in the area also fought for influence, seeing that Exalibar threatened the entierty of the human race, they formed a coalition. Some twenty to thirty lesser gods, all ready to fight Exaliber, although no weakling in godly combat they simply stood no chance against a literal legion of other gods (who had also threatened to contaxt elder gods), Exaliber bluffed his way out, "Do not raise arms against me, for in my pestilence i can birth a nation". Basicially, Exalibar promised to rebuild the human population in the area. This is when they learned about their ability to reincarnate, simply through experimentation. Exalibar would never again threaten extinction to the entire human race, though that did not stop their isolated incidents. As this species developed, soon Exaliber wanted forms to match them, as their world was to put, enjoyable to intervien directly in at times. This is where her form Selestia, and his form Algibor, were birthed. From here, the rest is history in the making.

Personality: Exaliber in his/her kindest moments is michevious, sometimes playful and bold, at their worst though they can be quick to greed, envy, and rage which can heavily affect those around him/her.

Other: When it comes to humankind Exalibar sees it mostly as an assortment of "pieces" part of an "immortal game of godly influence"
That being said hardly does Exaliber pick favorites within kingdoms or nobel families/houses, etc. This is yet another form of trickery, often playing themself off as a "god of the people", on the outside it seems Exalibar's goal is to maintain a connection to the commoners and such, but in reality their system works along the lines of 1) secure the easily inflencable lower/classless societies 2) establish a strong basis for religion, giving this mass of humans big political voices within their communities 3) let live, and even reward the conforming higher classes willing to conform 4) use powers to obliterate any human resistant within the higher classes, this can range from plaguing nobel family bloodlines with genetic diseases that leave them dead within weeks, cursing a stuborn king with psychological roadblocks such as insanity, maybe physical illnesses along the lines of blindness or lameness
Often this process starts via blessing indivusials as "prophets" (basicially communicating with them, and telling them what to do) and works as a domino effect.
As far as sigels work, Exalibar often has his followers wear them along expensive silks and minerals, and public high hanging banners, etc. It most commonly appears as a book engraved with markings on the cover, of a sun and a moon.[/spoiler]

RP samples: NONE, at least no notable ones on Nationstates, sorryy :p[/spoiler]

Write an RP sample for me please, then I can accept your application.

tis done
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Aurumus
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurumus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 am

Quendi, I’m still working on my love/family deity, just had some WiFi issues at home and I’m stuck on my phone. Apologies for the wait, I’m excited to get started!

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:Mostly applying out of a strong sense of nostalgia for my younger RPing days. We'll see how this goes.

NS name: The Shrailleeni Empire
Deity name: Purgem Millais
Generation: Younger
Abode: Celestial Realm
Domain(s): Fire, Industry, War, Magma, Sun
Function(s): A stalwart patron of the human race, Purgem seeks to teach humanity how to harness the power of flame for its own benefit and advancement. Wherever possible he teaches the lesser souls in the arts of shaping the world around them, prying and refining metals from the earth and creating the weapons needed for making war and peace. He is particularly kind toward creative endeavors. He also holds some dominion over the primal sources of fire, the magma of the inner earth and the nuclear fire of the sun, though these are not an absolute dominion and are shared with others. In addition to aiding humans in this way, Purgem is also engaged in a never-ending struggle with his twin god Chella, who is currently subdued.
Appearance and attributes: Purgem appears on the mortal plane in various forms. Often he appears as a gruff, disfigured craftsman wearing the simple clothes of his trade, who may impart secret knowledge to those able to look past his appearance. He may also appear as a tall, dark-skinned, burned warrior clad in black steel plate armor with glowing red eyes. Other times he may appear as a withered old man with a long white beard wrapped in a cloak, who foretells volcanic doom.
History and background: Purgem's story actually begins with that of his twin god, Chella. Chella was a young god who migrated to the planet of life early in the time of Creation. A god of pure energy, she coalesced into a being of heat and light and wished this form for lesser souls as well. She viewed forms constructed from matter as inherently inferior, and sought their destruction whenever possible. This brought her into conflict with the other gods, conflict that caused chaos and confusion and threatened to destabilize Creation itself. When the two Elder Gods put a stop to this by dividing the divine realm into two, this did not stop Chella from ascending to the mortal world from the Underworld to continue her predations. She became a god of fiery destruction and chaos.

Purgem was born from this conflict. Originally a lesser soul, Chella seized upon his primordial form in an experiment to turn matter "back" into pure energy. She believed that harvesting souls would increase her own power, and give her an edge against the other gods. Her attempt backfired. Although she did increase her own power, this power became split into two connected but distinct entities. Thus, Purgem was born.

Faced at the moment of his birth with the fury of his creator and some tattered memories of his human past, Purgem was moved into conflict with his creator within minutes of existence. Their conflict was long and arduous, but eventually Purgem was able to prevail and subdue his twin, absorbing her essence into himself. She still exists in this way, unable to truly be destroyed but also not free to act, waiting for an opportunity to break free.

Purgem turned their combined power into a constructive force. Residing in the Celestial Plane, he removed the beings of pure fire that Chella had created from existence. Instead he patronized human kind, and worked to guide their efforts at development by sharing with them the secrets of fire to shape the world around them. He is also strongly aligned with the forces of order, disliking any deities who seek to disrupt the balance set by the Elder Gods or who cause pain and suffering to humans. In this manner he also works as a forge master for the Celestial Plane.

Personality: Purgem is a grim and serious god, preoccupied as he is with the continual suppression of his twin. He is humorless and dislikes grandiose speeches, preferring to communicate plainly and sharply. He prefers creative endeavors to all things, and keeps up with the latest inventions of mortals as much as possible while inventing ways to improve on their designs. It could be said that he is most content when forging some new, powerful item. He most dislikes dealing with other gods, who he finds flighty and annoying. When dealing with humans, he shows a great deal more compassion and understanding.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34732352#p34732352

Looks great, a nice god at last. With the understanding that your deity will have a partial responsibility for the sun that you yourself mention (the magma I have no problem with) ACCEPTED.

Great seeing you again btw. :)
Fahran wrote:Tag. I'll read over the OP and then start working on my app. I'm thinking of creating a goddess of the Celestial Realm with the same name as before, though I might change her domains a bit to make for a more interesting character and plot-line.

EDIT: I'm going to request a reservation of the domains of the moon, menstruation, contemplation, silk and silkworms, the tides, wolves, and pregnancy/childbirth. I know that it's quite a lot, but I'm trying to play up the role of the moon in controlling the tides and potentially even the moods of animals and humans alike. I'm thinking she'd mostly be worshiped by women who want healthy children, farmers who want a good harvest (harvest moon, yo!), and others who rely on the moon's light. Her power over the tides will be secondary to that of any god or goddess who controls the seas and/or ocean. Her power over fertility will likewise be secondary to any god or goddess of childbirth, fertility, or harvests.

I don't think its a lot. Its more or less the Artemis/Diana portfolio, so I can definitely reserve that for you.
Trivolia wrote:tis done

ACCEPTED.
Aurumus wrote:Quendi, I’m still working on my love/family deity, just had some WiFi issues at home and I’m stuck on my phone. Apologies for the wait, I’m excited to get started!

Me to. Hoping for a bit more people to finish apps before getting started, but planning to launch the IC soon.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:10 pm

I guess I''m the Elder God of the Celestial Realm now...

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Ooo.. Deity... This looks fun...

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:32 am

Glad i was accepted, this outta be fun, heads up for some, it seems the celestial realm is a little thin
Also heads up for accepted who wish to look into my god, i might edit information within the "other", i most certianly plan to include some "legends" mortals have heard of that my god had participated in, and perhaps some more when i get the chance
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 am

• NS name: Arasi Luvasa
  • Deity name: Anamara
  • Generation: Younger
  • Abode: Underworld
  • Domain(s): Darkness, undeath, necromancy, disease, decay, the deep, monsters, dragons, night and nightmares (she really doesn’t mind sharing domains, so I don’t really care if there is overlap with others as long as no single god covers all these spheres as well).

• Function(s): As the goddess of darkness,, nightmares, the deep and monsters, Anamara represents fear and terror. Anamara uses these aspects of her domain as more of a means to an end, a method to spur mortal life into self-improvement. In this way, Anamara represents the unknown and unseen dangers of the world which mortal life fears. Disease and decay link through this primary motivation, the desire to spur life on into improvement. For this purpose the old and weak must be killed of to make way for that which is strong or adaptable, disease brings death to the weak and decay slowly gnaws away at the aging. Disease is also connected to her by ancient societies as something unknowable and strange, decay often results from disease. In a similar vein, undeath is a method through which the strong and resourceful may persist even after death. It is considered by many to be dark, terrible and a thing of fear. Some forms of undead are also averse to sunlight, thus favoring the darkness while others are labelled as monsters. Dragons may be compared to monsters by some, but more notably they are linked to her in a method somewhat juxtaposed to the rest of her domains. Dragons, particularly deep-sea dragons, are considered by her to be prime specimens of what life should be like. They are powerful, self-sufficient and incredibly dangerous (often even as children). As a result she favors them with immortality at the cost of loss to persistence any chance through undeath (save vamprisim). Necromancy merely represents the magic of death and undeath.

• Appearance and attributes: Anamara often takes the form of a beautiful young lady dressed in a evening gown. This form does however come in two variants, a raven haired woman with a dress colored in shades of dark red or a silvery haired teenage girl with a dress colored like the night sky. In the first form, she is adorned with deep green and deep red gems and her eyes are like black holes. Occasionally what seems like flecks of purple can be seen spinning and disappearing into her eyes. Upon closer inspection, these flecks appear to look similar to the viewer in appearance and will look like members of the viewer’s species to mortals. Her lips are blood-red and her skin pale. The other form is adorned with an assortment of different gems, though red gems and diamonds tend to be the most frequent. Her eyes glow a pale purple, occasionally flashing brighter. Her lips are white and her skin olive in complexion. In both forms she bears wings similar in color to her dress. These wings are leathery like a bats but mimic the appearance of a birds wings through flaps and folds that appear similar to feathers.

Anamara also has a third form, sometimes referred to as her battle form. Her battle form is that of a blood-red dragon. Her eyes similar to that of the raven haired form but with crossed slit pupils. Her wings are like those in her human forms, matching her scales. Her tail is long and tapered, ending in a sharp venomous horn. Atop her head are long curved horns. Her fore-legs end in what looks like hands but seem equally adapted to use as clawed feet. Her face is snouted with a single pristine silver horn atop her nose.

• History and background: At the beginning of her consciousness, Anamara possessed a fraction of the darkness created by the Elders. She was drawn to that from which she was born, or at least that which was most like it. Rather reclusive initially, the prospect of life and beings that she could manipulate intrigued her and the dark lady became involved with the physical plane.

At first, Anamara began crafting all sorts of soulless, mindless monstrosities which could force living beings to become stronger. She however did not anticipate how effective her creations would be in hunting many of the life-forms. To avoid further devastation the dark lady sealed away the majority of her creation; with great sorrow she permitted many of her creations only a passing foothold in the physical world. The mature forms of her initial monsters would be like shadows, casting only fear, when under light but could manifest fully in shade and darkness.
    Learning from her mistakes, Anamara created a new type of monster which would exist in plain sight and hold far greater intelligence. A creature born from an infection of the soul, what would come to be called vampires were once like the living but now needed to feast on their blood. Her new agents would not kill off life because they could understand the need to preserve that life; instead the vampires would pick off those that they could. The strong and the intelligent survived while some of the weak became agents of strength.

In time, Anamara also crafted a system of magic. This system would be available to all, though she later decided to restrict some aspects to her followers. Her magic was called necromancy, as death was the tribute required to make even the most basic use of its powers. This death was not necessarily one’s own death of course though many who came under its sway did so through their own. The simplest form of necromancy would be the magic to become a death-knight, merely having the ability to persist after death through pure willpower. Death-knights could become lichs, though the process was more difficult than for those who won undeath through wit. Those killed by vampires could become neither, though the process to become a vampire was similar to that of a death-knight (save being killed by the fangs of an infected one).
    The wars between the gods of course worried Anamara. During these wars, she often abstained in favour of protecting mortals from much of the destruction wrought by the gods fighting or instilling peace when gods fought through their people. This was much more difficult for her, considering her reputation, and thus she chose to adopt a new form which did not as quickly betray her dark nature. To her few living followers, at the time, she granted a power. Her worshippers were made into the first dragons, many of whom chose to associate with the oceans. Two off-shoots of the original dragons formed because of this divide.

When the world was separated into the three planes, Anamara settled within the underworld as a chthonic deity of darkness and decay. She however remained an active participant in the physical realm, particularly the dragon states even if most of her time was spent in the Underworld. Anamara eventually became viewed as a protector of while still being considered a scourge against life due to her role in protecting and fostering monsters, plagues and false-life abominations.

After the planes were made, Anamara began to notice that her people felt abandoned by her. To assuage their fears, she created a final aspect of necromancy; the construction of mushroom towers which only others capable of the magic could fully explore. The construction of the towers required a full skeleton (including a skull) though the parts could come from different individuals. To further the growth, or access the inner regions, of a tower one would require a fungal stone matching the races used to create the tower.
    As of late however, Anamara’s behaviour has changed.

• Personality: Cold and callous, Anamara cares little for the feelings of others. She thus tends to rather abrasive in her interactions, yet at the same time she can be rather passionate about goals she wishes to reach. Anamara is a strong believer in the concept of growth through suffering. While still dispassionate about others feelings, Anamara is often still fiercely protective of what she forms an attachment to.

RP samples:
Anamara paced through the altar chamber of Valari-Calburayn, the cathedral of her citadel. As of late she has been spending much more time here than usual. Practically half her time was spent in the physical plane now, mostly in this chamber or in Vala-Calburayn the oceanic-dragon palace. She has noticed some unrest amongst the other younger gods, and she would have paid it no mind had she not feared that it would spill over into this plane.

The goddess paced up and down, illuminated by the faint light provided by certain tissues within the necromantic mushroom. In the floor, there were a number holes arranged in a pattern radiating from the centre of the chamber. From these holes a wispy white smoke began to issue, it smelled faintly of burning human flesh but that was mostly masked by the scents of incense and perfume. The smoke came from the weekly ritual sacrifice, an elderly foreign man suffering from a plague who had been captured within two days.

The Culling of Sacrifice it was called, a ritual she was surprised by but approved of. Within a month of its initial practice, she visited her high-priest within a dream to alter the ritual slightly. The change was mostly just masking the smell of the burning flesh, which would flow into the Holiest of Holies as the writhing victim burned, but also to have the sacrifice killed before burning.

Soon the room was filled with the wispy smoke in seconds, now looking more like a dense grey-white cloud. A minute in this perfumed fog and Anamara decided she had enough, whisking herself away to the throne room of Vala-Calburayn. Finding it empty, the goddess walked down the winding hallways of the mushroom up to the royal living chambers.

(My actual IC posts should be a bit meatier, I don't know why but I a just having a bit of trouble writing a non-responsive post right now.)
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Trivolia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:07 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:
  • Domain(s): Darkness, undeath, necromancy, disease, decay, the deep, monsters, dragons, night and nightmares (she really doesn’t mind sharing domains, so I don’t really care if there is overlap with others as long as no single god covers all these spheres as well).

• Function(s): As the goddess of darkness,, nightmares, the deep and monsters, Anamara represents fear and terror. Anamara uses these aspects of her domain as more of a means to an end, a method to spur mortal life into self-improvement. In this way, Anamara represents the unknown and unseen dangers of the world which mortal life fears. Disease and decay link through this primary motivation, the desire to spur life on into improvement. For this purpose the old and weak must be killed of to make way for that which is strong or adaptable, disease brings death to the weak and decay slowly gnaws away at the aging. Disease is also connected to her by ancient societies as something unknowable and strange, decay often results from disease. In a similar vein, undeath is a method through which the strong and resourceful may persist even after death. It is considered by many to be dark, terrible and a thing of fear. Some forms of undead are also averse to sunlight, thus favoring the darkness while others are labelled as monsters. Dragons may be compared to monsters by some, but more notably they are linked to her in a method somewhat juxtaposed to the rest of her domains. Dragons, particularly deep-sea dragons, are considered by her to be prime specimens of what life should be like. They are powerful, self-sufficient and incredibly dangerous (often even as children). As a result she favors them with immortality at the cost of loss to persistence any chance through undeath (save vamprisim). Necromancy merely represents the magic of death and undeath.

• Appearance and attributes: Anamara often takes the form of a beautiful young lady dressed in a evening gown. This form does however come in two variants, a raven haired woman with a dress colored in shades of dark red or a silvery haired teenage girl with a dress colored like the night sky. In the first form, she is adorned with deep green and deep red gems and her eyes are like black holes. Occasionally what seems like flecks of purple can be seen spinning and disappearing into her eyes. Upon closer inspection, these flecks appear to look similar to the viewer in appearance and will look like members of the viewer’s species to mortals. Her lips are blood-red and her skin pale. The other form is adorned with an assortment of different gems, though red gems and diamonds tend to be the most frequent. Her eyes glow a pale purple, occasionally flashing brighter. Her lips are white and her skin olive in complexion. In both forms she bears wings similar in color to her dress. These wings are leathery like a bats but mimic the appearance of a birds wings through flaps and folds that appear similar to feathers.

Anamara also has a third form, sometimes referred to as her battle form. Her battle form is that of a blood-red dragon. Her eyes similar to that of the raven haired form but with crossed slit pupils. Her wings are like those in her human forms, matching her scales. Her tail is long and tapered, ending in a sharp venomous horn. Atop her head are long curved horns. Her fore-legs end in what looks like hands but seem equally adapted to use as clawed feet. Her face is snouted with a single pristine silver horn atop her nose.

• History and background: At the beginning of her consciousness, Anamara possessed a fraction of the darkness created by the Elders. She was drawn to that from which she was born, or at least that which was most like it. Rather reclusive initially, the prospect of life and beings that she could manipulate intrigued her and the dark lady became involved with the physical plane.

At first, Anamara began crafting all sorts of soulless, mindless monstrosities which could force living beings to become stronger. She however did not anticipate how effective her creations would be in hunting many of the life-forms. To avoid further devastation the dark lady sealed away the majority of her creation; with great sorrow she permitted many of her creations only a passing foothold in the physical world. The mature forms of her initial monsters would be like shadows, casting only fear, when under light but could manifest fully in shade and darkness.
    Learning from her mistakes, Anamara created a new type of monster which would exist in plain sight and hold far greater intelligence. A creature born from an infection of the soul, what would come to be called vampires were once like the living but now needed to feast on their blood. Her new agents would not kill off life because they could understand the need to preserve that life; instead the vampires would pick off those that they could. The strong and the intelligent survived while some of the weak became agents of strength.

In time, Anamara also crafted a system of magic. This system would be available to all, though she later decided to restrict some aspects to her followers. Her magic was called necromancy, as death was the tribute required to make even the most basic use of its powers. This death was not necessarily one’s own death of course though many who came under its sway did so through their own. The simplest form of necromancy would be the magic to become a death-knight, merely having the ability to persist after death through pure willpower. Death-knights could become lichs, though the process was more difficult than for those who won undeath through wit. Those killed by vampires could become neither, though the process to become a vampire was similar to that of a death-knight (save being killed by the fangs of an infected one).
    The wars between the gods of course worried Anamara. During these wars, she often abstained in favour of protecting mortals from much of the destruction wrought by the gods fighting or instilling peace when gods fought through their people. This was much more difficult for her, considering her reputation, and thus she chose to adopt a new form which did not as quickly betray her dark nature. To her few living followers, at the time, she granted a power. Her worshippers were made into the first dragons, many of whom chose to associate with the oceans. Two off-shoots of the original dragons formed because of this divide.

When the world was separated into the three planes, Anamara settled within the underworld as a chthonic deity of darkness and decay. She however remained an active participant in the physical realm, particularly the dragon states even if most of her time was spent in the Underworld. Anamara eventually became viewed as a protector of while still being considered a scourge against life due to her role in protecting and fostering monsters, plagues and false-life abominations.

After the planes were made, Anamara began to notice that her people felt abandoned by her. To assuage their fears, she created a final aspect of necromancy; the construction of mushroom towers which only others capable of the magic could fully explore. The construction of the towers required a full skeleton (including a skull) though the parts could come from different individuals. To further the growth, or access the inner regions, of a tower one would require a fungal stone matching the races used to create the tower.

• Personality: Cold and callous, Anamara cares little for the feelings of others. She thus tends to rather abrasive in her interactions, yet at the same time she can be rather passionate about goals she wishes to reach. Anamara is a strong believer in the concept of growth through suffering. While still dispassionate about others feelings, Anamara is often still fiercely protective of what she forms an attachment to.

RP samples:
Anamara paced through the altar chamber of Valari-Calburayn, the cathedral of her citadel. As of late she has been spending much more time here than usual. Practically half her time was spent in the physical plane now, mostly in this chamber or in Vala-Calburayn the oceanic-dragon palace. She has noticed some unrest amongst the other younger gods, and she would have paid it no mind had she not feared that it would spill over into this plane.

The goddess paced up and down, illuminated by the faint light provided by certain tissues within the necromantic mushroom. In the floor, there were a number holes arranged in a pattern radiating from the centre of the chamber. From these holes a wispy white smoke began to issue, it smelled faintly of burning human flesh but that was mostly masked by the scents of incense and perfume. The smoke came from the weekly ritual sacrifice, an elderly foreign man suffering from a plague who had been captured within two days.

The Culling of Sacrifice it was called, a ritual she was surprised by but approved of. Within a month of its initial practice, she visited her high-priest within a dream to alter the ritual slightly. The change was mostly just masking the smell of the burning flesh, which would flow into the Holiest of Holies as the writhing victim burned, but also to have the sacrifice killed before burning.

Soon the room was filled with the wispy smoke in seconds, now looking more like a dense grey-white cloud. A minute in this perfumed fog and Anamara decided she had enough, whisking herself away to the throne room of Vala-Calburayn. Finding it empty, the goddess walked down the winding hallways of the mushroom up to the royal living chambers.

(My actual IC posts should be a bit meatier, I don't know why but I a just having a bit of trouble writing a non-responsive post right now.)

oooo your god has the power to create monsters and corrupt souls? We could get along as great allies or enemies fu fu fuu

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:

RP samples:

ACCEPTED.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 am

I also have a WiP... Just haven't had much time at home to actually finish it!

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:48 am

When's the IC going up?

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Ashora

Postby Fahran » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Work-In-Progress App

NS name: Fahran

Deity name: Ashora

Generation: Young

Domain(s):
  • Moon
  • Constellations
  • Menstruation
  • Contemplation
  • Compassion
  • Silk and silkworms
  • Tides
  • Wolves and dogs
  • Pregnancy/childbirth
  • Metamorphoses
  • Sailors and Navigation
Function(s): Ashora is a maternal goddess who relishes in offering protection to the vulnerable and giving guidance to the lost. Her love of mankind was such that, when she beheld the writhing horrors that Lokarn, Anamara, and other deities had birthed in their malodorous whimsies, she contrived a plan by which to brighten the darkness that preceded the dawn. She approached the fire god Purgem Millais and asked him to construct a palace of silver for her in exchange for a boon to be paid back at a later date. When this had been done, Ashora hung her palace among the innumerable, unfathomable multitudes of the stars in such a way that its proximity pierced through the bleakness of the world and gave succor to mankind and the other creatures that wandered the earth.

She then set to work with her celestial loom, weaving the stars into constellations that would provide guidance and inspiration to the intelligent races of the world. When Ashora had taken as her domain the moon and the constellations, she soon became as well the goddess of all those things that are reliant on and subject to them, on account of her unusual attachment to the mundane plane of existence and to mankind in particular. She became the protector of maidens and mothers, allowing wombs to quicken or to continue changing with the cycle of the moon. She taught the arts of weaving, embroidery, textiles, and tapestries to mortals so that they might warm and cloth themselves in many splendid colors.

Appearance and attributes: When descending to the mortal plane, Ashora has historically assumed four distinct forms depending on her business and her temperament. She most commonly appears as a comely maiden fair in countenance with bright grey eyes and an unruly mane of dark, lustrous hair, more than not bare-footed and carrying a many-colored loom resplendent with starlight. When she appears in this way, her manners are often mild but gay and her business on the mortal plane is more frivolous.

Her second appearance is that of a regal matron with noble aspect, her brow adorned by a circlet of silver and pearls, clothed in a gown of deep, alluring violet, and with a child suckling at her naked breast. Her black hair is arrayed elegantly in a queenly fashion and her eyes are as blue as they are grey. She often has as her mount a large black wolf or a blue roan mare. In this avatar, Ashora is called the Great Mother, the Queen of Heaven, or the Benevolent One and is worshiped in the context of her influence over childbirth, maternity, the tides, constellations, and as a protector of sailors. While warm in her demeanor towards most, she commands the utmost respect and may speak sternly or act to punish evil-doers on a whim.

Her third most common portrayal is that of an old, haggard crone with milky white eyes and wisps of silvery hair, her bent, enfeebled form enfolded in a cloak of the deepest dark blue. In this guise, Ashora often inquires after alms from passersby or grants wisdom or boons to monks, ascetics, and travelers. She is most often worshiped in this form as a goddess of contemplation, compassion, sewing, silk and silkworms, and metamorphoses.

Her final avatar resembles a large, regal, white or black wolf with a thick mane and a melancholic howl. In this form, she is the matron of dogs and wolves, as well as a fierce defender and avenger of wronged maidens, orphans, and windows.

History and background: Ashora is one of the eldest among the young gods despite the fact that most of her more earnest contributions to creation and civilization occurred relatively late. She spent much of her time prior to the emergence of mankind and monsters in quiet meditation or slumber. Whenever she woke, the goddess strove to perfect her mastery of weaving, embroidery, and the other "womanly" arts in preparation for her ordering of the visible cosmos. When man came into being, Ashora found his form delightful and comely to look upon. Simultaneously, she was filled with revulsion at the children of Lokarn and Anamara. Thus, through the crafting of her palace, which would become the moon, Ashora subdued some measure of the predawn darkness that enveloped the earth when Purgem Millais was otherwise occupied. After this had been accomplished, the goddess employed her celestial loom of many colors to weave the constellations that would give light to shepherds and guidance to sailors and prophets.

Having accomplished what she originally set out to do, Ashora descended to the corporeal plane to educate mankind and establish her cult among them - the latter so that they might entreat her whenever they were vulnerable or aggrieved. She taught the ascetics, prophets, and scholars the art of contemplation, though wisdom and knowledge were themselves left to other divinities. She taught women to weave and sew while also granting them the boon of childbirth - so that they too might play a role in creation. She thus became the goddess of silk and silkworms, weaving and sewing, and menstruation and childbirth.

During this time, she fell in love with a human prince and greater hunter by the name of Andhaimon and poured her gentle affections on him. He was her constant companion in her wanderings over the earth. However, one day, when he was away from her company, he boasted to his brothers that he had stolen kisses from an immortal goddess and that he was greater than the immortals gods as a result. This slight against her honor incensed Ashora who punished Andhaimon by transforming him into a large black wolf. He lived in this savage manner for seven years and seven months before, in pity, Ashora transformed him into a brazen hunting dog so that he might return to his family. Thus she became the goddess of wolves, dogs, and slighted maidens.

Personality: Ashora is a goddess of innumerable moods. She is most often lovingly gay or solemnly compassionate, depending on the appearance she assumes. In all of her guises, her compassion and love for living beings, most especially humans, is ever-present and more prominent than that of most deities. For this reason, she is often referred to as "soft-spoken", "doe-eyed", or "all-hearing." In spite of her overall benevolence, Ashora does have a sterner side - as evidenced by the punishments she contrives for rapists, philanderers, and those stricken with hubris. These often take the forms of metamorphoses into animals or plants, though this is sometimes done in pity as well.

Other: Ashora notably dislikes Anamara and Mau Miaulin, though she is demur and respectful about these rivalries. She opposes Anamara's children most especially, and has often sought to get other deities to oppose their machinations through human champions. Her disagreement with Mau Miaulin is somewhat less dire, revolving around whether dogs or cats are the superior companion. With regard to other deities, she owes Purgem Millais a favor in light of their shared history together and considers him admirable. She also holds her fellow celestial deity Piphion in high regard and is fond of his companionship. Lastly, her tendency is to revere and respect both of the elder gods despite finding them stern and alien.

RP samples:
Stjernland
One.
Two.
Three.

Ozena
Mandakh-Timuri War

Fahran
The Queen's Birthday
Last edited by Fahran on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Nova Corina wrote:When's the IC going up?

We have only one celestial deity and still need an elder cthonic deity I believe.

Btw Augustus, want me to help you create a bio?
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Tag, if the elder Underworld god is still availible I would like to rserve that

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:Mostly applying out of a strong sense of nostalgia for my younger RPing days. We'll see how this goes.

NS name: The Shrailleeni Empire
Deity name: Purgem Millais
Domain(s): Fire, Industry, War, Magma, Sun
Function(s): A stalwart patron of the human race, Purgem seeks to teach humanity how to harness the power of flame for its own benefit and advancement. Wherever possible he teaches the lesser souls in the arts of shaping the world around them, prying and refining metals from the earth and creating the weapons needed for making war and peace. He is particularly kind toward creative endeavors. He also holds some dominion over the primal sources of fire, the magma of the inner earth and the nuclear fire of the sun, though these are not an absolute dominion and are shared with others. In addition to aiding humans in this way, Purgem is also engaged in a never-ending struggle with his twin god Chella, who is currently subdued.
Appearance and attributes: Purgem appears on the mortal plane in various forms. Often he appears as a gruff, disfigured craftsman wearing the simple clothes of his trade, who may impart secret knowledge to those able to look past his appearance. He may also appear as a tall, dark-skinned, burned warrior clad in black steel plate armor with glowing red eyes. Other times he may appear as a withered old man with a long white beard wrapped in a cloak, who foretells volcanic doom.
History and background: Purgem's story actually begins with that of his twin god, Chella. Chella was a young god who migrated to the planet of life early in the time of Creation. A god of pure energy, she coalesced into a being of heat and light and wished this form for lesser souls as well. She viewed forms constructed from matter as inherently inferior, and sought their destruction whenever possible. This brought her into conflict with the other gods, conflict that caused chaos and confusion and threatened to destabilize Creation itself. When the two Elder Gods put a stop to this by dividing the divine realm into two, this did not stop Chella from ascending to the mortal world from the Underworld to continue her predations. She became a god of fiery destruction and chaos.

Purgem was born from this conflict. Originally a lesser soul, Chella seized upon his primordial form in an experiment to turn matter "back" into pure energy. She believed that harvesting souls would increase her own power, and give her an edge against the other gods. Her attempt backfired. Although she did increase her own power, this power became split into two connected but distinct entities. Thus, Purgem was born.

Faced at the moment of his birth with the fury of his creator and some tattered memories of his human past, Purgem was moved into conflict with his creator within minutes of existence. Their conflict was long and arduous, but eventually Purgem was able to prevail and subdue his twin, absorbing her essence into himself. She still exists in this way, unable to truly be destroyed but also not free to act, waiting for an opportunity to break free.

Purgem turned their combined power into a constructive force. Residing in the Celestial Plane, he removed the beings of pure fire that Chella had created from existence. Instead he patronized human kind, and worked to guide their efforts at development by sharing with them the secrets of fire to shape the world around them. He is also strongly aligned with the forces of order, disliking any deities who seek to disrupt the balance set by the Elder Gods or who cause pain and suffering to humans. In this manner he also works as a forge master for the Celestial Plane.

Personality: Purgem is a grim and serious god, preoccupied as he is with the continual suppression of his twin. He is humorless and dislikes grandiose speeches, preferring to communicate plainly and sharply. He prefers creative endeavors to all things, and keeps up with the latest inventions of mortals as much as possible while inventing ways to improve on their designs. It could be said that he is most content when forging some new, powerful item. He most dislikes dealing with other gods, who he finds flighty and annoying. When dealing with humans, he shows a great deal more compassion and understanding.
Other:
RP samples: viewtopic.php?p=34732352#p34732352

Looks great, a nice god at last. With the understanding that your deity will have a partial responsibility for the sun that you yourself mention (the magma I have no problem with) ACCEPTED.

Great seeing you again btw. :)

Thanks Quendi, its good to see you too! It also looks like I'm currently the only non-elder god in the Celestial Plane, so that's interesting.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Looks great, a nice god at last.

Now I am wondering if Anamara would be considered nice? She at least isn't cruel I think.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

NS name:The Anarcho Syndicalist Commune

Deity name: Lokarn, The Night Lord, The Whispering One, Mother of Monsters, Queen of Death, Empress of Destruction, and the Unending

Gender: Mainly feminine, though there are aspects of her worshipped as men, particularly her Night Lord side

Generation: Elder

Abode: The Underworld

Domain(s): The Elements, Terror, Death, Destruction, Storms, Lust, Greed, Manipulation, and Magic. Some would even dare say that evil itself was her domain.

Function(s): At first, under the agreement that she made with the other Elder one, Lokarn was almost a jailkeeper of her realm, keeping the evil within it contained. A closer description actually may be that Lokarn entertained herself with the evil she contained. However as time went on, this purpose began to bore her. Her own realm and those who chose to make their homes within it began to bore her. So she set her eyes upon the Mortal realm, and desired it to be painted in her own image, so that she may use it to arise even above her kindred in the stars.

Appearance and attributes: Lokarn takes many forms, some only seen by one person in their dreams. Lokarn herself is a natrually chaotic being, ever shifting and changing to suit her needs. However, her more preferred forms include that of a taller dark haired humanoid woman, with a sweeping dress of shadow covering her body. Her almost snow white skin is contrasted by her crimson eyes and her diadem of hot steel, giving her a halo of smoke. Another is that of a great white bear, which ruthlessly hunts it's target and kills without mercy. Some scholars argue her true form is that which many describe upon their deathbeds or when they are being brought back as a revenant, a being of crimson red light who rips souls from the body and leaves them to float amongst the air and have some other deity ferry them to an afterlife. Other's still maintain that her true form is that of a giant drake, with black iron for scales and eyes bluer than the coldest night. Rotting corpses, terribly beautiful women, a giant owl, a nightmare incarnate, the earth itself. Lokarn is the Unending, her forms are infinite in number, and infinite in their horribleness.

History and background: Lokarn came about of course at the beginning of the universe. The war between nothing and everything. And she was radiant. Pure. Beloved by all of her siblings, but not necessarily stronger than any of them. Though she set fire to the stars and spread light across the new cosmos, she was considered one of the weaker of the Eldest. And they treated her lesser for it. Lokarn grew angry at her siblings, her mind churning with jealousy and rage as she began to push her powers, trying to strengthen herself. One day, while toying with a star, Lokarn found that manipulating it in a certain way caused a terrible and sudden expulsion, destroying the star and everything around it. This power excited Lokarn, and she harnessed it, making it her own. Taking it upon herself to remove the now undesirable parts of Creation, she began to act as judge, jury, and executioner, with no checks upon her power. And so Lokarn, the pure and radiant, became Lokarn the Destroyer.

The other Eldest quickly grew outraged, then afraid of Lokarn. Her new terrible power was something unseen before in Creation, perhaps only the Divine Spark itself was similar to it in it's capabilities. So one of the more proactive of the Eldest, the Doomed, took it upon themselves to beg Lokarn to stop. Their pleas fell upon deaf ears, and Lokarn turned her power on them, and claimed them as her own. The Eldest were shocked at this development, and fear turned into terror. Though a many now bent themselves in service to Lokarn for fear of their life, a trio of enterprising gods poured their knowledge together, and forged a weapon. It exacted a terrible cost, being forged from uncountable lesser souls, but it did it's job. It stripped Lokarn of vast amounts of her power, reducing her once more to the weakest of the Eldest. As her punishment, Lokarn was to be left out of the remaining cosmic ordering and the limiting of her powers, under threat of death should she ever use them on the cosmic scale again.

Lokarn did not take this threat lightly, having already faced the weapon once. So she bided her time, her once pure form becoming engulfed in the darkness and flames of her rage. She watched as her sibling rejoiced and ordered the rest of the Cosmos. She watched as more and more souls became aware, and she watched as some of them began to observe one planet in particular. Her curiosity piqued enough, she paid the infant world a visit, and realized she had hit the jackpot. Millions of souls that she could harvest, Younger Gods she could make loyal, an entire legion under her command that could conquer her universe for her. She immediately began to set about a plane of existence to make her home on, both to hide her power as it grew, and to provide an attractive alternative to the newly created Celestial Realm.

Lokarn's history with the mortal realm has been mostly in the backround, motivating her servants and the younger gods to do her bidding. She dares not extend more than a fraction of her power outside the underworld without fear of death for violating her punishment. While she has followers, she remains for the most part a boogeyman told only in the darkest of myths. However, she has recently begun to begin the second phase of her plan to regain her power and rule the universe, now becoming more present in the mortal realm.

Personality: Cruel, spiteful, irrational, prone to rage. Lokarn is a being limited truly only by her punishment and her own desires. She is the ultimate manifestation of unleashing your inner monster. She takes joy from torture and pain, as well as most other evil acts, not just because she enjoys doing them, but because she finds morally good actions boring. She finds lesser souls insignifigant beings and they're only use as either tools or fuel for her powers. She doesn't truly feel for anything besides herself and is extremely delusional, viewing herself as the rightful ruler of creation and sometimes even musing the idea that she is the Divine Spark incarnate.

Other:
Powers:
Elemental Manipulation
Fear Aura
Soul Harvesting
Mental Manipulation/Corruption
Divine Creation- Basically the ability of Elder Gods to create new things at their whim
Destruction- Lokarn prefers to destroy things directly by causing a controlled blast comparable to a supernova
Storm Manipulation
Magic Control- As the progenitor of the magic that many mortal use, Lokarn has nearly complete control over it, basically rendering the force useless around her unless she permits it.

She is limited to the Underworld except in lesser forms that use but a fraction of her true power, casuing the vast majority of the mortals who are aware of her to think of her as a collection of minor gods rather than one true goddess.

RP samples: Here's a recent one

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Question, what's the tech level of the Mortal Realm right now?

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
Utceforp wrote:
WIP App

NS name:
Deity name: Tyspater
Domain(s): Light, kingship, law, the sky, storms, and rain
Function(s): Tyspater is the God-King of the Empire of Tian, a vast mobile realm consisting of floating palaces and flying metal ships. The majority of Tian's population are other gods, who serve and worship Tyspater. Tian wanders between the Celestial Realm and the mortal universe at will, depending on Tyspater's whims. Tyspater and his followers battle the demons of the sky, the descendants of Byssos, ensuring that weather is orderly and peaceful. Tyspater is worshipped in the mortal universe as the source of all monarchical authority. A king who rules without Tyspater's approval will receive a visit from the flying ships of Tian, who will curse his kingdom with storms or droughts until he is deposed.
Appearance and attributes: Tyspater usually appears as young man with olive skin, with shoulder-length black hair and a handsome face. He wears glittering gold and white robes, which seem to shine from within. He wears the Tablet of Light on his belt, and he carries Skybreaker in his left hand. His right hand is amputated at the wrist. His eyes are as bright as the Sun, and will blind mortals who look at them. Two white horns emerge from the sides of his head, curving inward and upward to form the shape of a circlet. He will sometimes also take the form of an old man, or a bull with wings. Bulls, eagles, and moths are his sacred animals, and they often appear in iconography depicting him.
History and background: In the earliest days of the cosmos, there was an enormous void ruled by a serpent-god named Byssos. The other gods and souls in the void hated Byssos, but could not rebel against him, as Byssos had worked evil magic on himself - if his blood was ever spilt, it would transform into a swarm of powerful demonic insects. Since none of the gods dared harm him, for fear of the spawn of his blood, the tyranny of Byssos went on.

Byssos had fifty-seven children, all loyal servants of his regime, except for the youngest, Idanus, who sympathized with the oppressed souls of the void. One day, he finally spoke out against his father's regime, demanding that he step down. Consumed by rage, Byssos imprisoned Idanus, then consumed him. However, the fifty-seventh child of Idanus was special too - he was Tyspater, one of the most powerful and charismatic gods of his generation.

Those aligned with Idanus turned to Tyspater to take up his father's cause. Tyspater was reluctant to act against his grandfather, but finally relented, under the condition that the other rebels crown him king once the war was over. Tyspater was beloved, and many already wished him to be king, and many others didn't care who was king as long as Byssos was defeated. Tyspater never confirmed nor denied having ambitions beyond ruling the former subjects of Byssos.

One of Tyspater's followers forged the spear Skybreaker in this time, one of the objects that would later become one of Tyspater's badges of office. The war turned in Tyspater's favour, as the followers of Byssos were few and reluctant to serve him. Eventually Tyspater reached the palace of Byssos, and did battle with him.

Tyspater fought with the serpent for years, but the battle never ended, as every time Tyspater struck Byssos with Skybreaker, a demon would emerge from his blood. About halfway through the battle, one such demon grasped Tyspater's right hand with its mouth, and tore it clean off. Eventually, Tyspater figured out how to defeat Byssos. Tyspater focused his power through Skybreaker, and poured his light into Byssos. The light heated Byssos and cooked him from the inside, boiling his blood in his veins and preventing it from being spilt. Byssos thus died.

Those of Tyspater's followers who did not want him to be king left the great void and joined the other gods, while those that still followed him proclaimed the Empire of Tian, a mobile kingdom to be ruled by the God of Kings. As soon as the great ships and palaces that would make up Tian were built, concluding with the construction of Tyspater's throne-ship, the kingdom began to move. While Byssos was dead, some of the demons that had spawned from him had survived, and Tyspater wished to hunt down and kill them.

The demons were chased to a primitive planet, where they discovered lesser souls inhabiting the bodies of hominids. The demons decided to feed on these hominid's suffering. One of the demons, an enormous dragon made of stone, flitted through the sky drinking all the rain he could find. With no rain falling, the whole world suffered from a debilitating drought. Tyspater finally arrived with his fleet of ships and personally did battle with the dragon, slaying it with Skybreaker. Most of the other demons were swiftly killed by his followers, and rainfall returned to the world. Humanity was grateful for this gift, founding cults that would eventually become religions worshipping Tyspater. Not long after this, the Celestial Realm was created, and Tyspater's followers decided to split their time between the skies of humanity's planet, and the Celestial Realm.

Since then, Tyspater has developed something of a hedonic streak, and he is known for his many affairs with other gods and mortals, the elaborate games and festivals he organizes, and the massive quantity of mind-altering substances that he consumes. Despite this, he is still a skilled warrior and cunning ruler, and other gods fear insulting him to his face.
Personality:
Other:
RP samples: (good examples of your RP skills)

Look forward to see your app finished. I have a few issues though. You make mention of your deity having god followers; thats a big no no. You are welcome to have non-divine followers but if you want divine followers you have to convince other players that they should follow you. Bringing a flying Empire of Tian into the mortal world is also a bit much. The point of the Celestial Realm and the Underworld was to have the gods not have to heavy a presence in the mortal world so if you could tone down those bits that would be great. Other than that I like what I see.

Augustus Legions wrote:
NS name:Augustus Legions
Deity name: Lethargo
Generation:Elder
Abode: Celestial Place
Domain(s): Sleeping, Relaxing, Procrastinating, Good Existence, and Not putting that much effort in.
Function(s): I dunno, just help people chill out like divine xanax. Also I help the middle and upper classes.
Appearance and attributes: Grey, Amorphous blob that just turns into shit depending on how I feel.
History and background: Sleeping, teaching people to nap when they probably shouldn't nap. Kinda just been here. Dunno what you expected.
Personality:Sleep, Watch things, sleep. All that.
Other: I like food.
RP samples: heres the ex-nihilo thread this got jacked from: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980

Your god doesn't quite fit the bill for an elder god, but I can approve you as a younger god if you like?

Nova Corina wrote:
NS name: Nova Corina
Deity name: Cyrion
Abode: Celestial realm, I guess
Domain(s): God of the void, the mind, wisdom/knowledge, history, time, eyes and philosophy.
Function(s): Cyrion is also known as "The Watcher". He takes pleasure in observing things, especially disputes between the gods. He has the potential to be extremely powerful, but he mostly lives in isolation from others, and doesn't really care to use his power, unless the universe that he is observing somehow becomes threatened.
Appearance and attributes: Cyrion can take many different forms, but the one thing he cannot change is his eye color, which is gray. His main appearance is a black coat, black pants, and black boots, carrying a walking stick.
History and background: Cyrion was always a loner. Almost as soon as he was created, he withdrew to a place at the end of the universe. There, he created a great being on the end of the universe. Before withdrawing, the great being gave Cyrion powers beyond those of most gods, but in return, Cyrion had to abide by the Covenant of Cyrion (see Other). On this spot, he created a massive palace. He mostly resides there, recording the history of the universe, and sometimes taking leisure. He keeps a menagarie of strange creatures at his palace. However, at the heart of Cyrion's palace lies a massive library, filled with all of the stories of history and all of fiction. Only the luckiest of observers have been this deep inside of his mansion.
Throughout history, Cyrion has been an impartial observer of the universe, not really caring about the "petty" struggles of the other gods and their creations. However, Cyrion has visited many throughout history, giving them the gift of knowledge in one form or another. In return, a small group of individuals have become Cyrionites. Like him, they live in isolation from the rest of the world, only living in the pursuit of knowledge.
Cyrion does have a family, but they cannot leave his palace unless they do with him, and they do not have any powers except for immortality. N
Personality: Cyrion is very cool, to the point of not caring about almost anything. However, he is sure to appear almost anywhere to listen in on a conversation.
Other: Due to his deal with the great elder god, Cyrion must abide by the Covenant of Cyrion. Because of this covenant, Cyrion becomes very exhausted feels an excrutiating when using most of his godlike powers, such as controlling time. For this reason, he almost never uses any of his abilities, and he will only use them in the rarest of circumstances.
Some powers restricted by the Covenant:
-Time control (freezing time, reversing it, fast forwarding it). This makes Cyrion suffer the worst punishment of them all, so unless the universe is at stake, he will never do it
-Manipulating human minds
-Giving gods knowledge
-Pretty much any major power not unrestricted by the Covenant
-Changing the color of his eyes
Some powers not restricted by the Covenant:
-Teleportation
-Allowal to see anywhere in the universe
-Giving mortals knowledge
RP samples: I have had many nations before, such as The Tricolour. However, the most recent RP I was in probably died months ago, and so I don't want you to go splurging into archives. If you do want some, I'll provide them for you.

*I tried my best to tone down this guy, but if you still think he's too OP, then I'd be willing to tone him down some more

I don't think he is too OP. As long as you don't use your time control (at least the reverse part) then I have no problem with anything. I will need some RP samples though. Month's old ones are fine, or write a proposal for your first post in the RP whatever you prefer.

Trivolia wrote:Again, just in case you skimmed over me (or perhaps im being tol impatient) i really have no long standing roleplay examples from this site, and i was wondering if that would be a problem seeing as it prevents me from adding rp examples?

Possibly. I have looked through some of your past posting and I found at least one RP post, but if you don't think your previous work is sufficient just write an opening post for the deity you want to RP.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
NS name: Ah-eh-ioh-uh

Deity name: None as of yet. Will get one later. The other gods probably call him something vague like "The screaming one" for now.

Generation: I would think he'd classify as a younger one most I suppose.

Abode: Underworld I would suppose. Later of course, right now he hasn't even gotten done screaming and then needing to get his bearings.

Domain(s): Science?... for now I suppose? (I don't know what else to classify it as. Perhaps it would be labeled under "metaphysical experimentation" if you were to try your best guess at categorizing what he does. This will possibly change later on but that's kind of a short gist of what he does right now in relation to the world around.). Philosophy and learning.

Function(s): He travels all about, learning different things and experimenting with different concepts. He soaks up lots of knowledge and ideas and ponders their qualities and possibilities on experimenting with them to do novel things.

Appearance and attributes: A vaguely large and muscular human male shape of blinding fire violently burning. This may change soon.

History and background: His consciousness likely came some time soon after the very first god's own, if not simultaneous to them. It is said that in the beginning there was just vague circles of light and presence where he was and that he simply listened to and observed everything that occurred around him. Abruptly though, many gods began talking and creating, arguing and creating. The speed and rate at which the others created overloaded his mind and it is said that during this time he simply held his head in his hands and SCREAMED.... Really loudly. The other gods tried to get him to shut up by attacking him but soon learned that they were all immortal. They had to settle for simply tossing him into the void, far away from any of them to where they could no longer hear his cries of anguish and were free to continue creating unhindered. He is now having to sit in the void contemplating all that he has learned and gathering his bearings, meditating on the mysteries of the universe. Soon enough (relative in time considering he's immortal) he will stop simply sorting through the things he's already seen and actually begin to act upon the world.

Personality: Patient and takes his time, hates it when other gods rush on to things. He prefers to sit and wait for insight to come to him rather than acting on impulse. He likes to ask questions and learn new things.

RP samples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=449980&start=50

...duh??...

Some interest in the Underworld at last. I was beginning to worry my goddess would be all alone down there. Now I guess she gets a neighbor who spends all his time screaming at the top of his lungs. Every sleep-loving kittens dream. :p

Looks great, accepted.

jesus christ your a fucking prude.
Eat ass, smoke grass, sled fast.
I'm not a Gnoblin, I'm not a Gnelf; I'm a Gnome, and you've been
GNOMED!

Codagh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Codagh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:22 pm

NS name: Codagh
Deity name: Batil
Abode: Celestial
Domain(s): Space, the Void, Assassins, Shadows, Ravens and Thieves
Function(s): Batil's main function is to provide a space for the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to reside in. Along with this, he provides something in the absence of light, shadows. Because of this, he became heavily associated with thieves and assassins, who claimed him as their patron. As they help him return things to how they were before creation, he accepts this and helps them.
Appearance and attributes:

History and background: (At least two well written paragraphs)
Personality:
Other:

Greater Korean Juche Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 am

NS name: Greater Korean Juche Republic

Deity name: Piphion

Gender: Male (but he looks rather feminine, but not too excessively so. think like a huge space-twink)

Domain(s): Celestial Bodies (including but not limited to stars of all types, comets, galaxies, planetary nebulas, black/white holes, and uninhabited planets), Homosexuality, Serenity, Neutrality, Balance, and Bonding (from initiation of friendships to attraction of atoms), Musical Harmony.

Function(s): Piphion resides in a subsection of the Celestial Realm. It is officially referred to as "Avalon", but has many names like "The Region of Stardust" or "The Glowing City". It can only be described as a region in a perpetual state of light and glitter. Sparkling clouds of gold, streaks of yellow and amber in the sky, light sculptures resembling trees and beauteous skyscraper-like temples, and a race of "light people", although not living, but are in a perpetual state of stillness and calm, like a statue, radiating a shade of yellowish-white. They have their own individual thoughts and instincts, but are restricted from any form of movement. Piphion, nor his realm do not combat anyone, unless there is genuine reason they pose a threat to creation (more on that in history). Piphion possesses the ability of Cosmic Manipulation to its extreme, yet rarely uses any of his grandest powers unless for demonstration, tours, or another one of his journeys. He often times relies on his power of levitation to glide through space, and his wings for atmospheric conditions. His favorite element is 'Neon', one of his personal additions to the Periodic Table of Elements. Piphion's religion, "The Cult of Piphion" is now widespread over mortal realms and galaxies, and accepted as fact. Although polytheistic and accepts the presence of every other god in the multiverse, it prioritizes Piphion as the most worthy. It is also the most peaceful of worship at the time, refraining from sacrifice and instead offers via a state of meditation, mindfulness, and partaking in nonviolence. Such a religion prioritizing outer space is partially responsible for the mortal's advancements in the field of astronomy and the development of later, non-worship ways of life.

Appearance and attributes: Piphion is remarkably short for any prophet, at five feet ten inches tall. It is said in his creation that he was hundreds of thousands of feet tall, but that energy was released upon his awakening. However, he can control his height at will via cosmic manipulation. His skin is otherworldly; in laymans terms, it is comprised of a galaxy. Pitch black base, and filled nearly to the brim with colorful designs of stars and planets, orbiting around them like his body in itself is a dimension filled with living, active celestial bodies. He can extract or add them at will. That being said, he is truly mesmerizing to look at. His figure is remarkably feminine for a male, like a twink, but he is generally more supple. He has glowing white eyes, devoid of any pupils or irises-- just a complete blank slate. His face is feminine in itself, with periwinkle lips and midnight blue dimples. He has dark blue, medium length and wavy hair, and dark purple wings that span 6 feet, although tinted purple, provide a somewhat transparent view of his galaxies. Piphion does not wear any clothing, in favor of being the way he was created. It's not like with his skin type anything would be exposed, it would all look too uniform. He is generally eye candy, but somehow only for men. As stated before, he radiates serenity, and unless one is truly evil or that stuck up and resilient, many would feel generally comforted around him. He declines any spiritual animals, deeming the universe too broad to pick. He does not take any form. He has no artifacts to speak of.

History and background: Piphion was the solution, at first, to the nothingness. He was originally nothing, yet also everything. He was one of the more prominent Elder Gods, beloved by all, caring for and nurturing them in an unbreakable embrace like a binary star. Originally content with the nothingness, his long-cherished gods grew more and more influence on him. Piphion was a being of love, a being that radiated tranquility. Many claim that Piphion confided in silence for eons on end, debating whether or not to contribute to the creation. However, one day, he had an awakening. A spiritual enlightenment shook him to his very core; one that even gods could not themselves begin to comprehend. After millions of years of meditation and silence, his eyes opened. In doing so, he released an unimaginable amount of pure matter, pure energy. It could have been comparable to the big bang, yet it did so much more. The vast nothingness had seen stars, planets, galaxies, nebulas, even things as simple as clouds of hydrogen coming together could form the biggest of stars. Many see Piphion as not Creator, but the one who had laid the base groundwork for the Elder Gods to do their bidding. He was 'mother', he was the enabler. With the materials Piphion provided, Elder Gods used their own ideas to create more elements, more stars, more planets, more organisms. However, Piphion's awakening had a negative side, a counteraction to birthing the universe as we knew it. The release of energy weakened him, pushed him to the brink of destruction. He is no longer omnipresent and infinite as he was. In doing so, some of the Elder Gods even came to forget about their own companion's existence. Piphion, now an individual being, like many of his comrades-- instead of creating more and using his power, was amazed and intrigued by his own work. His physical form had changed greatly, once a manifestation of the void-- now a manifestation of creation. While Elder Gods built things more complex than Piphion himself could even imagine, the Younger Gods also came into existence. Piphion was set into a journey of infinity. For endless trillions of years, he explored every corner of the universe, duly noting every detail and nurturing it as if it were his child. He saw creation as precious now, something that is more beautiful than even he could put into words. Even if he was tremendously weakened, he was proud for all that even the simplest of organisms could accomplish.

Once his journey was complete, he set forth to the Elder Gods to explain his findings. His old friends embraced him, after all this time of separation in an emotional reunion. Younger Gods began learning from his presence; the man who had been referred to only in absolute legend was here. Their mother, their home, their binary. It was in this time Piphion began finding the feeling of Serenity (by his standards a perpetual, nearly fatal calmness) to be most important. He was the being who radiated such tranquility, after all. Being a figure of such creation, Piphion did not partake in disputes or conflicts, seeing himself as a force that should not be swayed, or his state as an eternal companion would be shattered. Instead, he began teaching his own outlook in the universe to the Younger Gods, hereby referred to as 'Cosmic Mindfulness'. In itself, it is a philosophy that mandates there are equal forces of nothing and everything, good and evil, white and black, water and fire. One would never overpower the other. Balance is to be maintained or their entire universe would dissipate. Piphion served as a mentor, a guiding figure to elder and young alike, and is often the one to confide in for most honest and truthful answers. By the time mortals became autonomous and prevalent, texts given by the gods mentioned Piphion's existence and his feats. Among mortals started an intergalactic religious movement as more and more evidence came to surface of Piphion's involvement and existence. Nowadays, Piphion resides in a subdimension of the Celestial Realm. It is officially referred to as "Avalon", but has many names like "The Region of Stardust" or "The Glowing City". It can only be described as a region in a perpetual state of light and glitter. Sparkling clouds of gold, streaks of yellow and amber in the sky, light sculptures resembling trees and beauteous skyscraper-like temples, and a race of "light people", although not living, but are in a perpetual state of stillness and calm, like a statue, radiating a shade of yellowish-white. Piphion can by no means create on the scale he used to, and is only limited to one small creation at a time, such as a star system or a new format of elements. However, he much rather travel what he has already made, and interact with the other gods around him, rather than use his cosmic power to wreak havoc or seize/abuse power. He prefers to spread serenity and share his cosmic outlook on life in discussion rather than partake in battles. He is also quite active in his romantic life, oftentimes approaching other male gods around him. Due to his sexuality, he has no children-- and is currently looking for a soulmate.

Personality: Piphion is a being of great care, and is an extrovert. His stance on mindfulness and serenity very much affect his everyday life. He views all beings as equally meritable, and worth love. He is generally flamboyant, yet incredibly restricting on how much he portrays himself in favor of himself as a 'mother-like' figure. Creator of calmness, he is a non-violent person, and often confides in crying or meditation whenever he is emotional. In some cultures where precipitation is rare and Piphion's faith is widespread, rain is seen as Piphion's tears, due to their extensive length and power, yet no destructive capability, the release of bottled up emotions. In some cultures, Piphion has created musical harmony, where music prior to creation was of one part- music can now be thousands of parts playing at once to accomplish beauty. That being said, Piphion partakes to music and art, especially when dealing with harmony. From the best orchestra playing the most glorious music to the pitter patter of rain, harmony is omnipresent.

Other: Piphion often visits the Underworld, and is held in high merit even in such a opposite place.

RP samples:

Anniversary of Korean Revolutionary Liberation Army Youth Corps celebrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg2C2BvDZHk

(via KCNA narration)

"October 16th, 1938 was the foundation of the first child soldier branch of the KRLA. Consisting of 427 guerrillas at its absolute peak, the corps saw battle for Mangyongdae, Pyongyang, Hamhung, and even Hanseong at the end of the war-- fighting both merciless Chinese-funded Korean Empire, and the barbaric predecessors to the devilish South Korean Government for the long-regarded historical 'Center of Korea' before Pyongyang's promotion to capital status. Post revolution, the group went under the same name, accumulating 20,000 voluntary guerrillas to take part in the Victorious Fatherland Unification War (WC's version of Korean War). The Youth Corps was with the Korean People the full extent, from the border villages to the final flag-raising over Busan. The Youth Corps, one of nearly 30 of the now retired KRLA was temporarily disbanded post-reunification. However, under the Great Leader, comrade Kim Jong-Il, the group saw recreation, under the same name to preserve historical context. Using modern recreations of their old uniforms, and the sacred red necktie that all Korean children wear to their classes, the group was promoted to youth paramilitary wing in Juche 106 (2017) under Kim Seyong-Taek's first month of glorious rule. Now encompassing 62,000 voluntary young patriots, the KLRAYC is the largest youth paramilitary wing in Korea, out of 370 national, provincial, local, and village-level groups. The anniversary of the foundation of the KLRAYC day, or otherwise known as 'Youth Corps Day', is a small holiday dedicated to the sacrifice of the youth to both liberate and unify Korea alongside their parents and friends. To celebrate, parents are let off work 2 hours early, and children, 1 and-a-half. At school, teachers provide youth with special courses on the history of the Korean Civil War, and allow the students to watch animated recreations of their bold sacrifice, such as the Battle of Miryantaek Island, where a class of 20 students defended their tiny island with only two artillery guns and bolt action rifles from a coalition force of Joseon Dynasty and unified Capitalist Korean navies, and lived through with no casualties. Children accept bags of candies, and go on a field trip to the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery in Pyongyang, to pay respects to those fallen. After school ends, members of the KLRAYC are taken on a march through their local city, sometimes as small as 5 volunteers in the small town of Kiyongsong, or 10,000 in Pyongyang. Parading with rifles and horses, Korean Children are given a day to relive their history, and embrace each other in the cultural beauty of the Juche Ideology. Korean Families often pay their respects to statues of the late leaders, partake in mass dances, or play concerts using authentic Korean instruments. The pride and spirit of the Korean nation will never be broken, as the dignity and bravery of Eternal President Kim Il-Sung, Eternal Comrade Kim Jong-Suk, and their liberation-army remains invincible."
Last edited by Greater Korean Juche Republic on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Love to the Fatherland and Hate to the Enemy
WV74: 25th place - 23 points
WV75 - 15th place - 51 points

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 am

Did I miss anyone?

Arasi Luvasa wrote:
Nova Corina wrote:When's the IC going up?

We have only one celestial deity and still need an elder cthonic deity I believe.

Still its my plan is to start the RP today.
Dyelli Beybi wrote:I also have a WiP... Just haven't had much time at home to actually finish it!

Hope you will find time for it.
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Deity name: Lokarn, The Night Lord, The Whispering One, Mother of Monsters, Queen of Death, Empress of Destruction, and the Unending

Gender: Mainly feminine, though there are aspects of her worshipped as men, particularly her Night Lord side

Domain(s): The Elements, Terror, Death, Destruction, Storms, Lust, Greed, Manipulation, and Magic. Some would even dare say that evil itself was her domain.

Function(s): At first, under the agreement that she made with the other Elder one, Lokarn was almost a jailkeeper of her realm, keeping the evil within it contained. A closer description actually may be that Lokarn entertained herself with the evil she contained. However as time went on, this purpose began to bore her. Her own realm and those who chose to make their homes within it began to bore her. So she set her eyes upon the Mortal realm, and desired it to be painted in her own image, so that she may use it to arise even above her kindred in the stars.

Appearance and attributes: Lokarn takes many forms, some only seen by one person in their dreams. Lokarn herself is a natrually chaotic being, ever shifting and changing to suit her needs. However, her more preferred forms include that of a taller dark haired humanoid woman, with a sweeping dress of shadow covering her body. Her almost snow white skin is contrasted by her crimson eyes and her diadem of hot steel, giving her a halo of smoke. Another is that of a great white bear, which ruthlessly hunts it's target and kills without mercy. Some scholars argue her true form is that which many describe upon their deathbeds or when they are being brought back as a revenant, a being of crimson red light who rips souls from the body and leaves them to float amongst the air and have some other deity ferry them to an afterlife. Other's still maintain that her true form is that of a giant drake, with black iron for scales and eyes bluer than the coldest night. Rotting corpses, terribly beautiful women, a giant owl, a nightmare incarnate, the earth itself. Lokarn is the Unending, her forms are infinite in number, and infinite in their horribleness.

History and background: Lokarn came about of course at the beginning of the universe. The war between nothing and everything. And she was radiant. Pure. Beloved by all of her siblings, but not necessarily stronger than any of them. Though she set fire to the stars and spread light across the new cosmos, she was considered one of the weaker of the Eldest. And they treated her lesser for it. Lokarn grew angry at her siblings, her mind churning with jealousy and rage as she began to push her powers, trying to strengthen herself. One day, while toying with a star, Lokarn found that manipulating it in a certain way caused a terrible and sudden expulsion, destroying the star and everything around it. This power excited Lokarn, and she harnessed it, making it her own. Taking it upon herself to remove the now undesirable parts of Creation, she began to act as judge, jury, and executioner, with no checks upon her power. And so Lokarn, the pure and radiant, became Lokarn the Destroyer.

The other Eldest quickly grew outraged, then afraid of Lokarn. Her new terrible power was something unseen before in Creation, perhaps only the Divine Spark itself was similar to it in it's capabilities. So one of the more proactive of the Eldest, the Doomed, took it upon themselves to beg Lokarn to stop. Their pleas fell upon deaf ears, and Lokarn turned her power on them, and claimed them as her own. The Eldest were shocked at this development, and fear turned into terror. Though a many now bent themselves in service to Lokarn for fear of their life, a trio of enterprising gods poured their knowledge together, and forged a weapon. It exacted a terrible cost, being forged from uncountable lesser souls, but it did it's job. It stripped Lokarn of vast amounts of her power, reducing her once more to the weakest of the Eldest. As her punishment, Lokarn was to be left out of the remaining cosmic ordering and the limiting of her powers, under threat of death should she ever use them on the cosmic scale again.

Lokarn did not take this threat lightly, having already faced the weapon once. So she bided her time, her once pure form becoming engulfed in the darkness and flames of her rage. She watched as her sibling rejoiced and ordered the rest of the Cosmos. She watched as more and more souls became aware, and she watched as some of them began to observe one planet in particular. Her curiosity piqued enough, she paid the infant world a visit, and realized she had hit the jackpot. Millions of souls that she could harvest, Younger Gods she could make loyal, an entire legion under her command that could conquer her universe for her. She immediately began to set about a plane of existence to make her home on, both to hide her power as it grew, and to provide an attractive alternative to the newly created Celestial Realm.

Lokarn's history with the mortal realm has been mostly in the backround, motivating her servants and the younger gods to do her bidding. She dares not extend more than a fraction of her power outside the underworld without fear of death for violating her punishment. While she has followers, she remains for the most part a boogeyman told only in the darkest of myths. However, she has recently begun to begin the second phase of her plan to regain her power and rule the universe, now becoming more present in the mortal realm.

Personality: Cruel, spiteful, irrational, prone to rage. Lokarn is a being limited truly only by her punishment and her own desires. She is the ultimate manifestation of unleashing your inner monster. She takes joy from torture and pain, as well as most other evil acts, not just because she enjoys doing them, but because she finds morally good actions boring. She finds lesser souls insignifigant beings and they're only use as either tools or fuel for her powers. She doesn't truly feel for anything besides herself and is extremely delusional, viewing herself as the rightful ruler of creation and sometimes even musing the idea that she is the Divine Spark incarnate.

Other:
Powers:
Elemental Manipulation
Fear Aura
Soul Harvesting
Divine Creation- Basically the ability of Elder Gods to create new things at their whim
Destruction- Lokarn prefers to destroy things directly by causing a controlled blast comparable to a supernova
Storm Manipulation
Magic Control- As the progenitor of the magic that many mortal use, Lokarn has nearly complete control over it, basically rendering the force useless around her unless she permits it.

She is limited to the Underworld except in lesser forms that use but a fraction of her true power, casuing the vast majority of the mortals who are aware of her to think of her as a collection of minor gods rather than one true goddess.

ACCEPTED.
The Empire of Tau wrote:Question, what's the tech level of the Mortal Realm right now?

I was thinking the Bronze Age. Middle Bronze Age maybe. Certainly a fairly early developmental stage.
Augustus Legions wrote:jesus christ your a fucking prude.

I am also polite.
Codagh wrote:
Function(s): Batil's main function is to provide a space for the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to reside in. Along with this, he provides something in the absence of light, shadows. Because of this, he became heavily associated with thieves and assassins, who claimed him as their patron. As they help him return things to how they were before creation, he accepts this and helps them.

Personality:
Other:

Do note that we already have a Celestial Elder God.
Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:

Gender: Male (but he looks rather feminine, but not too excessively so. think like a huge space-twink)

Domain(s): Celestial Bodies (including but not limited to stars of all types, comets, galaxies, planetary nebulas, black/white holes, and uninhabited planets), Homosexuality, Serenity, Neutrality, Balance, and Bonding (from initiation of friendships to attraction of atoms), Musical Harmony.

Function(s): Piphion resides in a subsection of the Celestial Realm. It is officially referred to as "Avalon", but has many names like "The Region of Stardust" or "The Glowing City". It can only be described as a region in a perpetual state of light and glitter. Sparkling clouds of gold, streaks of yellow and amber in the sky, light sculptures resembling trees and beauteous skyscraper-like temples, and a race of "light people", although not living, but are in a perpetual state of stillness and calm, like a statue, radiating a shade of yellowish-white. They have their own individual thoughts and instincts, but are restricted from any form of movement. Piphion, nor his realm do not combat anyone, unless there is genuine reason they pose a threat to creation (more on that in history). Piphion possesses the ability of Cosmic Manipulation to its extreme, yet rarely uses any of his grandest powers unless for demonstration, tours, or another one of his journeys. He often times relies on his power of levitation to glide through space, and his wings for atmospheric conditions. His favorite element is 'Neon', one of his personal additions to the Periodic Table of Elements. Piphion's religion, "The Cult of Piphion" is now widespread over mortal realms and galaxies, and accepted as fact. Although polytheistic and accepts the presence of every other god in the multiverse, it prioritizes Piphion as the most worthy. It is also the most peaceful of worship at the time, refraining from sacrifice and instead offers via a state of meditation, mindfulness, and partaking in nonviolence. Such a religion prioritizing outer space is partially responsible for the mortal's advancements in the field of astronomy and the development of later, non-worship ways of life.

Appearance and attributes: Piphion is remarkably short for any prophet, at five feet ten inches tall. It is said in his creation that he was hundreds of thousands of feet tall, but that energy was released upon his awakening. However, he can control his height at will via cosmic manipulation. His skin is otherworldly; in laymans terms, it is comprised of a galaxy. Pitch black base, and filled nearly to the brim with colorful designs of stars and planets, orbiting around them like his body in itself is a dimension filled with living, active celestial bodies. He can extract or add them at will. That being said, he is truly mesmerizing to look at. His figure is remarkably feminine for a male, like a twink, but he is generally more supple. He has glowing white eyes, devoid of any pupils or irises-- just a complete blank slate. His face is feminine in itself, with periwinkle lips and midnight blue dimples. He has dark blue, medium length and wavy hair, and dark purple wings that span 6 feet, although tinted purple, provide a somewhat transparent view of his galaxies. Piphion does not wear any clothing, in favor of being the way he was created. It's not like with his skin type anything would be exposed, it would all look too uniform. He is generally eye candy, but somehow only for men. As stated before, he radiates serenity, and unless one is truly evil or that stuck up and resilient, many would feel generally comforted around him. He declines any spiritual animals, deeming the universe too broad to pick. He does not take any form. He has no artifacts to speak of.

History and background: Piphion was the solution, at first, to the nothingness. He was originally nothing, yet also everything. He was one of the more prominent Elder Gods, beloved by all, caring for and nurturing them in an unbreakable embrace like a binary star. Originally content with the nothingness, his long-cherished gods grew more and more influence on him. Piphion was a being of love, a being that radiated tranquility. Many claim that Piphion confided in silence for eons on end, debating whether or not to contribute to the creation. However, one day, he had an awakening. A spiritual enlightenment shook him to his very core; one that even gods could not themselves begin to comprehend. After millions of years of meditation and silence, his eyes opened. In doing so, he released an unimaginable amount of pure matter, pure energy. It could have been comparable to the big bang, yet it did so much more. The vast nothingness had seen stars, planets, galaxies, nebulas, even things as simple as clouds of hydrogen coming together could form the biggest of stars. Many see Piphion as not Creator, but the one who had laid the base groundwork for the Elder Gods to do their bidding. He was 'mother', he was the enabler. With the materials Piphion provided, Elder Gods used their own ideas to create more elements, more stars, more planets, more organisms. However, Piphion's awakening had a negative side, a counteraction to birthing the universe as we knew it. The release of energy weakened him, pushed him to the brink of destruction. He is no longer omnipresent and infinite as he was. In doing so, some of the Elder Gods even came to forget about their own companion's existence. Piphion, now an individual being, like many of his comrades-- instead of creating more and using his power, was amazed and intrigued by his own work. His physical form had changed greatly, once a manifestation of the void-- now a manifestation of creation. While Elder Gods built things more complex than Piphion himself could even imagine, the Younger Gods also came into existence. Piphion was set into a journey of infinity. For endless trillions of years, he explored every corner of the universe, duly noting every detail and nurturing it as if it were his child. He saw creation as precious now, something that is more beautiful than even he could put into words. Even if he was tremendously weakened, he was proud for all that even the simplest of organisms could accomplish.

Once his journey was complete, he set forth to the Elder Gods to explain his findings. His old friends embraced him, after all this time of separation in an emotional reunion. Younger Gods began learning from his presence; the man who had been referred to only in absolute legend was here. Their mother, their home, their binary. It was in this time Piphion began finding the feeling of Serenity (by his standards a perpetual, nearly fatal calmness) to be most important. He was the being who radiated such tranquility, after all. Being a figure of such creation, Piphion did not partake in disputes or conflicts, seeing himself as a force that should not be swayed, or his state as an eternal companion would be shattered. Instead, he began teaching his own outlook in the universe to the Younger Gods, hereby referred to as 'Cosmic Mindfulness'. In itself, it is a philosophy that mandates there are equal forces of nothing and everything, good and evil, white and black, water and fire. One would never overpower the other. Balance is to be maintained or their entire universe would dissipate. Piphion served as a mentor, a guiding figure to elder and young alike, and is often the one to confide in for most honest and truthful answers. By the time mortals became autonomous and prevalent, texts given by the gods mentioned Piphion's existence and his feats. Among mortals started an intergalactic religious movement as more and more evidence came to surface of Piphion's involvement and existence. Nowadays, Piphion resides in a subdimension of the Celestial Realm. It is officially referred to as "Avalon", but has many names like "The Region of Stardust" or "The Glowing City". It can only be described as a region in a perpetual state of light and glitter. Sparkling clouds of gold, streaks of yellow and amber in the sky, light sculptures resembling trees and beauteous skyscraper-like temples, and a race of "light people", although not living, but are in a perpetual state of stillness and calm, like a statue, radiating a shade of yellowish-white. Piphion can by no means create on the scale he used to, and is only limited to one small creation at a time, such as a star system or a new format of elements. However, he much rather travel what he has already made, and interact with the other gods around him, rather than use his cosmic power to wreak havoc or seize/abuse power. He prefers to spread serenity and share his cosmic outlook on life in discussion rather than partake in battles. He is also quite active in his romantic life, oftentimes approaching other male gods around him. Due to his sexuality, he has no children-- and is currently looking for a soulmate.

Personality: Piphion is a being of great care, and is an extrovert. His stance on mindfulness and serenity very much affect his everyday life. He views all beings as equally meritable, and worth love. He is generally flamboyant, yet incredibly restricting on how much he portrays himself in favor of himself as a 'mother-like' figure. Creator of calmness, he is a non-violent person, and often confides in crying or meditation whenever he is emotional. In some cultures where precipitation is rare and Piphion's faith is widespread, rain is seen as Piphion's tears, due to their extensive length and power, yet no destructive capability, the release of bottled up emotions. In some cultures, Piphion has created musical harmony, where music prior to creation was of one part- music can now be thousands of parts playing at once to accomplish beauty. That being said, Piphion partakes to music and art, especially when dealing with harmony. From the best orchestra playing the most glorious music to the pitter patter of rain, harmony is omnipresent.

Other: Piphion often visits the Underworld, and is held in high merit even in such a opposite place.

RP samples:

(via KCNA narration)

"October 16th, 1938 was the foundation of the first child soldier branch of the KRLA. Consisting of 427 guerrillas at its absolute peak, the corps saw battle for Mangyongdae, Pyongyang, Hamhung, and even Hanseong at the end of the war-- fighting both merciless Chinese-funded Korean Empire, and the barbaric predecessors to the devilish South Korean Government for the long-regarded historical 'Center of Korea' before Pyongyang's promotion to capital status. Post revolution, the group went under the same name, accumulating 20,000 voluntary guerrillas to take part in the Victorious Fatherland Unification War (WC's version of Korean War). The Youth Corps was with the Korean People the full extent, from the border villages to the final flag-raising over Busan. The Youth Corps, one of nearly 30 of the now retired KRLA was temporarily disbanded post-reunification. However, under the Great Leader, comrade Kim Jong-Il, the group saw recreation, under the same name to preserve historical context. Using modern recreations of their old uniforms, and the sacred red necktie that all Korean children wear to their classes, the group was promoted to youth paramilitary wing in Juche 106 (2017) under Kim Seyong-Taek's first month of glorious rule. Now encompassing 62,000 voluntary young patriots, the KLRAYC is the largest youth paramilitary wing in Korea, out of 370 national, provincial, local, and village-level groups. The anniversary of the foundation of the KLRAYC day, or otherwise known as 'Youth Corps Day', is a small holiday dedicated to the sacrifice of the youth to both liberate and unify Korea alongside their parents and friends. To celebrate, parents are let off work 2 hours early, and children, 1 and-a-half. At school, teachers provide youth with special courses on the history of the Korean Civil War, and allow the students to watch animated recreations of their bold sacrifice, such as the Battle of Miryantaek Island, where a class of 20 students defended their tiny island with only two artillery guns and bolt action rifles from a coalition force of Joseon Dynasty and unified Capitalist Korean navies, and lived through with no casualties. Children accept bags of candies, and go on a field trip to the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery in Pyongyang, to pay respects to those fallen. After school ends, members of the KLRAYC are taken on a march through their local city, sometimes as small as 5 volunteers in the small town of Kiyongsong, or 10,000 in Pyongyang. Parading with rifles and horses, Korean Children are given a day to relive their history, and embrace each other in the cultural beauty of the Juche Ideology. Korean Families often pay their respects to statues of the late leaders, partake in mass dances, or play concerts using authentic Korean instruments. The pride and spirit of the Korean nation will never be broken, as the dignity and bravery of Eternal President Kim Il-Sung, Eternal Comrade Kim Jong-Suk, and their liberation-army remains invincible."

So unfortunately we already have a Celestial Elder God. But I like your deity. Would you be interesting in remaking it into a younger god application?
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:42 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Did I miss anyone?

Arasi Luvasa wrote: We have only one celestial deity and still need an elder cthonic deity I believe.

Still its my plan is to start the RP today.
Dyelli Beybi wrote:I also have a WiP... Just haven't had much time at home to actually finish it!

Hope you will find time for it.
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Other:
Powers:
Elemental Manipulation
Fear Aura
Soul Harvesting
Storm Manipulation

ACCEPTED.
The Empire of Tau wrote:Question, what's the tech level of the Mortal Realm right now?

I was thinking the Bronze Age. Middle Bronze Age maybe. Certainly a fairly early developmental stage.
Augustus Legions wrote:jesus christ your a fucking prude.

I am also polite.
Codagh wrote:

Personality:
Other:

Do note that we already have a Celestial Elder God.
Greater Korean Juche Republic wrote:

RP samples:

(via KCNA narration)

So unfortunately we already have a Celestial Elder God. But I like your deity. Would you be interesting in remaking it into a younger god application?

So can there only be one Celestial Elder God? And is that god viewed as the "leader" of the celestials?

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 am

Nova Corina wrote:So can there only be one Celestial Elder God? And is that god viewed as the "leader" of the celestials?

Yes there are only two elder gods in the game and they are the "leaders" of the respective planes with "leader" very much in quotation marks. They are administrators of their respective planes but they aren't more powerful than other gods and depend on their younger gods as much as their younger gods depend on them.

Why was this not a job you wanted for your god?
Nation RP name

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:35 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Nova Corina wrote:So can there only be one Celestial Elder God? And is that god viewed as the "leader" of the celestials?

Yes there are only two elder gods in the game and they are the "leaders" of the respective planes with "leader" very much in quotation marks. They are administrators of their respective planes but they aren't more powerful than other gods and depend on their younger gods as much as their younger gods depend on them.

Why was this not a job you wanted for your god?

The purpose of Cyrion is mostly just to watch, observe and record history, and he isn't that interested in any "leadership" role.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse