NATION

PASSWORD

Theomachy [Deity RP/OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Arasi Luvasa wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Already a thing with Lokarn and her sword, as well as the big anti-god weapon the other Elders had, so I see no problem with it.

The concept I was going for is essentially driving normal humans mad (they now have two animal souls or just two weaker souls sharing one body) or (with enough use) the ability to shear away a god into many mortals.

Also tbh i'd assume most or even all gods can manipulate souls. Like you can easily translate my characters domain of annihilation to be capable of annihilating souls, though instead of outright destroying them it would simply leave them in a FUBAR kind of state, likely requiring Mau or someone else to repair them.

Ability doesn't translate to proficiency. Anamara, Lokarn and another I believe are the only gods described as having actively manipulated souls directly. Lokarn mostly just turns them into energy, not entirely sure how this process works. Anamara literally rips aspects of a soul out to create new things (i.e creating vampires), rearranges souls to create new traits in an entity. Anamara rarely creates anything, more she merges and manipulates that which already exists into her creations (using shadows, whales, lizards, humans, water and aspects of magics in the past already). This kinda became her thing because of the rp I initially had her in, I just kept it as an aspect of how she goes about doing things.

Well that's why my ability for it would be less creating or re-shaping but just destroying its ability to be used for those things. :P

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:43 am

I have been waiting to make that post for a while! Heck, I thought I'd make a post like it when I designed Kirsin.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 am

Tasuirin wrote:I have been waiting to make that post for a while! Heck, I thought I'd make a post like it when I designed Kirsin.

Omg.... That dude just got REKT man. Well played, well played. 10/10 would certainly have Matrix ally with Kirsin.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:53 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:I have been waiting to make that post for a while! Heck, I thought I'd make a post like it when I designed Kirsin.

Omg.... That dude just got REKT man. Well played, well played. 10/10 would certainly have Matrix ally with Kirsin.

Heheh. I'm glad you think so! But Kirsin can be just as ruthless with gods as with mortals.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:55 am

Very nice to see that the length of IC posts have increased and their frequency decreased, thank you guys. :)
Kollin wrote:Actually according to my reading, Quendi stated the Elder Gods aren't necessarily more powerful than the younger ones. It's not what i expected that's for sure, so we should probably ask for extra clarification to be certain. Quoted from this.

Happy to clarify. The elder gods are not stronger than the younger gods. They differ from the younger god only in that they entered the cosmos earlier than the younger gods. Whatever superiority they may possess over the younger gods therefore stems from experience and knowledge and the prestige they may derive from this among the younger gods, not from possessing more raw power.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:While it isn't among Anamara's domains, her backstory does mention her proficiency in manipulating souls. Does anyone have a problem with her creating a weapon that can shear souls into smaller souls?

A bit I am afraid. Souls are supposed to be indestructible. I accept that Lokarn eats them on the assumption that they are still intact within Lokarn. But slicing souls up would seem to contradict their indestructibility. Can you device a different kind of super weapon instead?
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Matrix MERGED souls if that counts for anything.

This again is permissible on the assumption that merged souls would be fairly easy to separate.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:17 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Very nice to see that the length of IC posts have increased and their frequency decreased, thank you guys. :)
Kollin wrote:Actually according to my reading, Quendi stated the Elder Gods aren't necessarily more powerful than the younger ones. It's not what i expected that's for sure, so we should probably ask for extra clarification to be certain. Quoted from this.

Happy to clarify. The elder gods are not stronger than the younger gods. They differ from the younger god only in that they entered the cosmos earlier than the younger gods. Whatever superiority they may possess over the younger gods therefore stems from experience and knowledge and the prestige they may derive from this among the younger gods, not from possessing more raw power.
Arasi Luvasa wrote:While it isn't among Anamara's domains, her backstory does mention her proficiency in manipulating souls. Does anyone have a problem with her creating a weapon that can shear souls into smaller souls?

A bit I am afraid. Souls are supposed to be indestructible. I accept that Lokarn eats them on the assumption that they are still intact within Lokarn. But slicing souls up would seem to contradict their indestructibility. Can you device a different kind of super weapon instead?

This again is permissible on the assumption that merged souls would be fairly easy to separate.

For all we know, I could be the most powerful god by being able to remove all boundaries and assimilate everything into herself, forming one god. Then the thing starts all over again and she gets assimilated by another border goddess. AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:43 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:What do you mean by "team" btw?

... Well Team Underworld and Team Celestial Realm of course. They are not really teams hence the citation marks, but everyone has to have one.
Kollin wrote:*checks entire thread*
Seriously? Not one god of War...
Well good thing i'm here i suppose, but first, numerous questions!
Question one. Character limit? I've got two pretty much ready to fire.
Question two. God Wars. Ever happened? Regardless of plane they took place on. Important for backstory.
Question three. Is anyone here currently interested in being included in my character's biography? Two of you will be mentioned anyway, you'll see why. I'd like 2-3 others at least though who volunteer to be the ones to stop a psychotic destructive rampage before it takes out alot more than just an old kingdom. :P

On that note, the one god i will definitely use shall have the following in that exact order as domains.
War, Dragons (hai Arasi), Annihilation/Power, Rage (particularly the righteous and vindictive kind), Song.

While they do have dragons listed higher than Anamara's, it is useful to note they are almost certainly much younger as well. Infact i can almost guarantee they'll be one of if not the youngest of the current deities. Besides, the dragons probably behave a little different depending on who they're rolling with.

1) Well there is no character limit per se. You however only app for one god, any followers, creatures, demi-gods etc. will have to be associated with this principal character.
2) Sure, plenty no doubt. The RP's name is Theomachy after all.
3) I welcome and encourage people to write existing deities into their background.

No, but I meant like, what does one MEAN by teams. Is this to say they are enemies? All allies against the other side? What does one MEAN by teams.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Very nice to see that the length of IC posts have increased and their frequency decreased, thank you guys. :)

Yeah, they can be separated pretty easily.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:01 am

I do believe im at 1 volunteer currently? anybody else? You get to stop a crazy person from turning the world into a giant firepit!

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 am

So really no God cares about humans? They either act out of indifference or they act out of malevolence. It seems like Yxarus could bring about the apocalypse early to bring about human extinction and they won't do anything to stop him...
Slava Ukraine!

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 am

Triassica wrote:So really no God cares about humans? They either act out of indifference or they act out of malevolence. It seems like Yxarus could bring about the apocalypse early to bring about human extinction and they won't do anything to stop him...

Don't get me wrong, Kirsin would stop him, if only because "somethingsomethingsomethingTHEWHEELOFHUMANFATEsomethingsomething..."
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:01 am

Triassica wrote:So really no God cares about humans? They either act out of indifference or they act out of malevolence. It seems like Yxarus could bring about the apocalypse early to bring about human extinction and they won't do anything to stop him...

At that time in history Matrix was still screaming I to the void out of sensory overload. As for now, he cares, but feels he just isn't ready to take on the mantle of a warrior yet. He just doesn't feel ready for combat as of yet.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:03 am

Tasuirin wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Kirsin would stop him, if only because "somethingsomethingsomethingTHEWHEELOFHUMANFATEsomethingsomething..."

And the only thing stopping him from actually doing it is the fact he is bound to Earth and without humans to bring chaotic misfortune, it would be boring beyond imagination.
Slava Ukraine!

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 am

Triassica wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:Don't get me wrong, Kirsin would stop him, if only because "somethingsomethingsomethingTHEWHEELOFHUMANFATEsomethingsomething..."

And the only thing stopping him from actually doing it is the fact he is bound to Earth and without humans to bring chaotic misfortune, it would be boring beyond imagination.

Heheh, I suppose. It would be quite boring without mortals. That is, for example, why Kirsin ventured back towards the other gods in the first place.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote: No, but I meant like, what does one MEAN by teams. Is this to say they are enemies? All allies against the other side? What does one MEAN by teams.

Each player gets to decide to what extent their deity sees itself as having shared purpose with their team and antagonism with the other team. But I guess with both Elder Gods disinterested in attempting to create a coherent bloc, ultimately "teams" are probably going to mean very little to most gods.
Kollin wrote:I do believe im at 1 volunteer currently? anybody else? You get to stop a crazy person from turning the world into a giant firepit!

Cats don't thrive in fire pits, so I suppose if no one else was going to take a stand against that Mau Miaulin would have to throw her proverbial hat in the ring.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote: No, but I meant like, what does one MEAN by teams. Is this to say they are enemies? All allies against the other side? What does one MEAN by teams.

Each player gets to decide to what extent their deity sees itself as having shared purpose with their team and antagonism with the other team. But I guess with both Elder Gods disinterested in attempting to create a coherent bloc, ultimately "teams" are probably going to mean very little to most gods.
Kollin wrote:I do believe im at 1 volunteer currently? anybody else? You get to stop a crazy person from turning the world into a giant firepit!

Cats don't thrive in fire pits, so I suppose if no one else was going to take a stand against that Mau Miaulin would have to throw her proverbial hat in the ring.

And I’ll be selling those hats.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:05 am

Anamara would definitely not be happy, besides she doesn't like gods directly intervening in mortal lives but she also is a protector of humanity (and mortals).
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 am

Atkemri wrote:I'm planning to join and make a god of heroism. It'd be fine to mention the exchange between the three in the last few pages right?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:

That's believable considering she would not have been particularly kind to her. At all. Maybe a comment or two having to do with skinning and dragon food, even. :P

Also, how does travel between the planes work? Specifically could an angry deity drag an army from the mortal realm with them to one?
Last edited by Kollin on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Kollin wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:Each player gets to decide to what extent their deity sees itself as having shared purpose with their team and antagonism with the other team. But I guess with both Elder Gods disinterested in attempting to create a coherent bloc, ultimately "teams" are probably going to mean very little to most gods.

That's believable considering she would not have been particularly kind to her. At all. Maybe a comment or two having to do with skinning and dragon food, even. :P

Also, how does travel between the planes work? Specifically could an angry deity drag an army from the mortal realm with them to one?

I can't say for sure because I'm not the DM, but I would wager that as they are GODS, such a feat could be pretty feasible.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Yeah, just a note for those wondering, Lokarn's power more comes from havingp potentially millions if not billions of lesser souls as well as another Elder God kicking around within her.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Noted. Matrix is not as powerful at this moment as he could be partly due to not having much experience in the world as of yet. I partially rp the use of powers in the way of skill use. The more you work at a skill, the better you get at it. So a god of war would really be good at the powers associated with war by actively engaging in war over the course of existence. The more you use a certain kind of power, the more you can do with them. Matrix also hasn't had much time to gather that many followers so he's still in his infancy of potential power.

Though he HAS recently gathered some new followers and is growing a literal forest of spiritual energy he can harvest.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:10 am

Here's the bare-bonesy thing. I say bare bones when its only missing the bio. Trust me it's bare bones. I always go crazy on the bios.

NS name: Kollin
Deity name: Lairah, though mortals offer refer to her as either 'Demise' or 'Empress of Dragons'.
Generation: Younger
Abode: Just barely teetering on the side of the Celestial Plane, the feeling is likely mutual. For this and other reasons, Lairah can almost always be found somewhere in the Zaresi Mountains, a gargantuan mountain range that stretches across most of a continent.
Domain(s): War, Dragons, Annihilation (Power), Rage and Song.
Function(s):
War - Lairah is first and foremost, a Goddess of War. Causing, them ending them, fighting them, organizing them, if it is involved in the business of war she is more than capable of it.
Dragons - While by no means the original creator of Dragons, Lairah is very guilty of getting along extremely well with and even tinkering with them. The dragons of Zaresi tend to be much larger and bulkier than elsewhere, and more ferocious as well, though less numerous.
Annihilation - Exactly what it says on the tin. Raw power and destruction. On a level so extreme that souls can be shattered and scattered into pieces by it, even those of gods, requiring the pieces to be collected again to restore it.
Rage - Very self explanatory. She is a very angry deity, at pretty much every other god, the entire planet, everything not one of her Dragons, her father, and Mau. Why Mau? Because Mau not being exceedingly diligent at her job has caused something she lost to stay lost.
Song - Singing, music, etc. Give her an instrument, any instrument, even one made up that makes no sense, and it will somehow work. Though she is almost always mute, when she does speak, it is to sing. Regardless of why she sings, her singing has a powerful effect. Think army-wide stat buff and enemy-wide nerfs kind of effect, typically focusing on morale and ferocity. It's like the fancy god version of shock cavalry.
Appearance and attributes: When travelling the world and disguising herself as various heroic champions to fight in the wars of humans, Lairah's appearance varies greatly. When merely assuming a human form of herself however, she appears as a human woman in her low 20s, of average height and notable build, glistening dark black hair which reaches to the mid back, and cold eyes with all hope drained, colored purple like all who receive her blessing.
When fighting in human wars, she is always certain to self-limit ability, making sure that there is always a fight worth having.

When presenting herself as an actual god, however, she eschews her human form, instead becoming a... well, frankly, a Dragomorph. Part human and part dragon, Lairah as an actual Goddess suddenly appears with wings, fangs, claws and partially covered in armored black scales. She is capable of flight, and even various types of breath attack in this form.
History and background: WIP waiting on the whole armies to planes thing.
Personality: She is as cold as they come, she does not speak, and she rarely does other than glare at people with contempt. Filled with rage, unless you are one of her dragons, you are liable to be object of it, and viewed as less than a sentient and sapient intelligence for it. There exists somewhere within, emotion, though it has been guarded and locked behind the icy peaks of mountains for millennia, both literally and metaphorically.
Other:
RP samples: Yes its old and i type very fast and avoid proofreading cause i usually hate it and start over if i do so those typos will happen >.<

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 am

I'll start sifting through posts and building my own a little bit later (done with exams :lol: ). Bit tired now though.

Kollin, just two things I would advise you reconsider. Mau tends to be very aloof and lazy (like cats), Quendi noted as much in a few posts. Mau often ends up dropping souls half-way between their death and destination for example. The other thing is the shattering souls part, Quendi did just restate that souls are indestructible after all. Just a bit of advise anyway.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:I'll start sifting through posts and building my own a little bit later (done with exams :lol: ). Bit tired now though.

Kollin, just two things I would advise you reconsider. Mau tends to be very aloof and lazy (like cats), Quendi noted as much in a few posts. Mau often ends up dropping souls half-way between their death and destination for example. The other thing is the shattering souls part, Quendi did just restate that souls are indestructible after all. Just a bit of advise anyway.

You realize i read EVERY SINGLE POST in this thread right? I know she's lazy, and when i write the bio you'll see exactly why they take issue with it. As if i need to to explain it anyway, is it really that weird for somebody to just hate laziness? Maybe it is in your life but it isn't in mine :P
The souls aren't being destroyed, not any moreso than they are by people who cut them with a sword. The difference is that this is more like a cheese grater.

EDIT: sorry if i sound snappy, i've been letting myself sleep in very irregular patterns that aren't conducive to healthy brain function. No excuses, just an explanation >.<
Last edited by Kollin on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse